everything finder for...
Last post by Blazing
Yesterday 11:28 PM

Old April 28th, 2017, 02:11 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: ShadowClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

"Only in your dreams!" he huffed, puffing out his chest at her challenge. Then in no time, the tom was on his feet, padding after her a few paces. Sure enough, the memory of their first hunt was on his mind even after all this time. He couldn't help it. The thought of getting stuck in mud again made him nervous, but it had only just became new-leaf so there was no way the ground had softened enough for that to happen... yet at least. Regaining his confidence and playful spirit, the Bengal bounded away a few paces and instantly starting scenting the air for prey. There had to be some around here. They had been out and about ever since the world started warming back up. Just as he thought there was no hope, his gaze rested on a small frog a few tree lengths away. How could he break the distance between them without scaring it? Frogs were always so easy to scare and they moved quickly despite their looks. Especially in water. Jaguarclaw couldn't count the amount of times he lost a frog because it started swimming in the marshy waters. No matter how long he'd look, he'd never be able to find it at the end of the day. It was like they disappeared the moment they started swimming. He lowered his body to the ground and slowly started to inch his way forward, his ears were pricked forwards, but he couldn't help but turn his head to see where Marbledface ended up going. Curiosity might've been his downfall in his hunt...
Marbledface watched with a smile as he bounded off in one direction and she headed out on another. The air stank of rotten mud and defrosting forest ground, but above it was the light smell of a vole. Perhaps one had a nest nearby, so she followed the scent at a stalk, soft on her paws and ears perked for sound. It didn't take long before she could hear the scurrying and munching teeth of rodents. A few careful paces later and she could see the nest, but didn't know if there were any escape holes within their nest. A careful approach was made until she could strike with her paw,
and when she did it was a swift scoop with a clawed paw inside the vole den. She was met with the stinging bite from one while the other simply seemed to disappear. Despite the stinging burn a vole's bite left, Marbledface quickly scooped the fighting prey to her maw to end its life. Once she had she sighed in relief and took a moment to catch her breath. She hadn't noticed Jaguarclaw's hunt, not his curious gaze. Though as she rested she could make out his coat and quickly gathered her kill and began to trot in his direction to see if he had found something of his own.
Old April 29th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
Marbledface watched with a smile as he bounded off in one direction and she headed out on another. The air stank of rotten mud and defrosting forest ground, but above it was the light smell of a vole. Perhaps one had a nest nearby, so she followed the scent at a stalk, soft on her paws and ears perked for sound. It didn't take long before she could hear the scurrying and munching teeth of rodents. A few careful paces later and she could see the nest, but didn't know if there were any escape holes within their nest. A careful approach was made until she could strike with her paw,
and when she did it was a swift scoop with a clawed paw inside the vole den. She was met with the stinging bite from one while the other simply seemed to disappear. Despite the stinging burn a vole's bite left, Marbledface quickly scooped the fighting prey to her maw to end its life. Once she had she sighed in relief and took a moment to catch her breath. She hadn't noticed Jaguarclaw's hunt, not his curious gaze. Though as she rested she could make out his coat and quickly gathered her kill and began to trot in his direction to see if he had found something of his own.
Being focused on Marbledface's hunt caused his own to go wrong. Before he knew it, Jaguarclaw was purring with delight at his friend's catch causing his own prey to disappear. The Bengal only realized this when he turned his head around to continue his hunt, only to realize he was standing on the spot the prey was originally located. Startled by this realization, the warrior knew there was no hope in trying to track it and instead turned to meet the black and white warrior. "Well I guess you win!" he gave a small chuckle, however his ears burned with embarrassment once again. Being around Marbledface seemed to cause that a lot in him. "Nice catch!" he commented, trying to avoid the conversation of how he missed his prey. Jaguarclaw wasn't sure he wanted to admit to watching her hunt as he forgot about his own. It wasn't like him to be so distracted, but having her around again just threw him off. It was like he didn't know what to do with himself anymore. He wanted to put time into their friendship, to really get to know her again, but he lost track of his warrior duties too. Eventually he'd figure out his balance, but in that moment, he was like a lost puppy. His olive hues averted from her and towards their pile of moss a small distance away. "Perhaps it was better I didn't catch anything... Someone's got to bring home the moss we collected," he eyed it a little more. "Well at least carry some of it back. There's no way we're going to be able to carry all of it at once... unless you want to look like moss is growing off you!" he let a purr escape his throat, imagining Marbledface covered in moss trying to carry it back.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old May 2nd, 2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:

Being focused on Marbledface's hunt caused his own to go wrong. Before he knew it, Jaguarclaw was purring with delight at his friend's catch causing his own prey to disappear. The Bengal only realized this when he turned his head around to continue his hunt, only to realize he was standing on the spot the prey was originally located. Startled by this realization, the warrior knew there was no hope in trying to track it and instead turned to meet the black and white warrior. "Well I guess you win!" he gave a small chuckle, however his ears burned with embarrassment once again. Being around Marbledface seemed to cause that a lot in him. "Nice catch!" he commented, trying to avoid the conversation of how he missed his prey. Jaguarclaw wasn't sure he wanted to admit to watching her hunt as he forgot about his own. It wasn't like him to be so distracted, but having her around again just threw him off. It was like he didn't know what to do with himself anymore. He wanted to put time into their friendship, to really get to know her again, but he lost track of his warrior duties too. Eventually he'd figure out his balance, but in that moment, he was like a lost puppy. His olive hues averted from her and towards their pile of moss a small distance away. "Perhaps it was better I didn't catch anything... Someone's got to bring home the moss we collected," he eyed it a little more. "Well at least carry some of it back. There's no way we're going to be able to carry all of it at once... unless you want to look like moss is growing off you!" he let a purr escape his throat, imagining Marbledface covered in moss trying to carry it back.
Marbledface beamed at Jaguarclaw's praise for her catch and win, though she wouldn't admit how competitive she got in situations like this. Though she was a little concerned with the rest of his reactions, like herself Jaguarclaw seemed quite changed. Before something like this wouldn't have bothered him much, but he seemed off. She couldn't place a paw on it and that made her want to ask if everything was alright, but she stayed quiet while he suggested they begin heading back. "I suppose we will have to do two trips." She said, keeping her voice light. Though there was a genuine grin on her face from his joke. The tease also put her more at ease, as that seemed more the Jaguarclaw that she had known. Though she couldn't have expected him not to change, she had very much changed herself. The black and white molly wondered if that bothered him like it did her. They definitely had a lot of catching up to do later this evening, first both of them had to catch up on duties. Marbledface also had an important return greeting to her sister, though she also wanted to avoid that. She had worked hard to isolate herself from her family, so it was rather awkward trying to get to know her sister. Though she still refused to come to any sort of understanding with her father, he would forever remain a stranger to her. A blink of her eyes and she brought herself back to reality, finding her way to the moss pile that the tom had scraped up for her. "Thanks for your help by the way." She said sheepishly, she hated needing assistance, always had and likely always will. Though the mottled feline was beginning to accept that she wouldn't be able to be independent forever, and so she'd come to some sort of inner peace to Jaguarclaw's help.

Last edited by Ever; May 2nd, 2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 07:59 PM
Just A Fossil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
Marbledface beamed at Jaguarclaw's praise for her catch and win, though she wouldn't admit how competitive she got in situations like this. Though she was a little concerned with the rest of his reactions, like herself Jaguarclaw seemed quite changed. Before something like this wouldn't have bothered him much, but he seemed off. She couldn't place a paw on it and that made her want to ask if everything was alright, but she stayed quiet while he suggested they begin heading back. "I suppose we will have to do two trips." She said, keeping her voice light. Though there was a genuine grin on her face from his joke. The tease also put her more at ease, as that seemed more the Jaguarclaw that she had known. Though she couldn't have expected him not to change, she had very much changed herself. The black and white molly wondered if that bothered him like it did her. They definitely had a lot of catching up to do later this evening, first both of them had to catch up on duties. Marbledface also had an important return greeting to her sister, though she also wanted to avoid that. She had worked hard to isolate herself from her family, so it was rather awkward trying to get to know her sister. Though she still refused to come to any sort of understanding with her father, he would forever remain a stranger to her. A blink of her eyes and she brought herself back to reality, finding her way to the moss pile that the tom had scraped up for her. "Thanks for your help by the way." She said sheepishly, she hated needing assistance, always had and likely always will. Though the mottled feline was beginning to accept that she wouldn't be able to be independent forever, and so she'd come to some sort of inner peace to Jaguarclaw's help.
Jaguarclaw gave her a happy grin before leaning down and picking up a large wad of moss. He looked a little silly with the moss in his mouth, it was almost too large for him to grab. He wouldn't back down from the challenge though and instead began to lead them back towards the camp.

[a time skip for the second trip so it's not dragged on xD]

Jaguarclaw's jaws were a little cramped from the first trip so on this second round, he decided that he'd take a much smaller load to avoid the pain. He didn't care what Marbledface said. "One last trip then we can go back to camp and relax the rest of the day away. I'd like that," he mumbled half to himself towards end. It was true. Jaguarclaw felt exhausted even after just simple tasks like this. He just hadn't slept very well lately. He was sure with Marbledface around, he would again. It was only a matter of time before he was strong and healthy again. Personally, he couldn't wait for that day. When he could do things like this without tiring. Enough pondering on that, Jaguarclaw lowered his head again as he took a small amount of moss from the depleting pile. He was sure Marbledface would be able to handle the rest. It wasn't that much after all.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old May 3rd, 2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:

Jaguarclaw gave her a happy grin before leaning down and picking up a large wad of moss. He looked a little silly with the moss in his mouth, it was almost too large for him to grab. He wouldn't back down from the challenge though and instead began to lead them back towards the camp.

[a time skip for the second trip so it's not dragged on xD]

Jaguarclaw's jaws were a little cramped from the first trip so on this second round, he decided that he'd take a much smaller load to avoid the pain. He didn't care what Marbledface said. "One last trip then we can go back to camp and relax the rest of the day away. I'd like that," he mumbled half to himself towards end. It was true. Jaguarclaw felt exhausted even after just simple tasks like this. He just hadn't slept very well lately. He was sure with Marbledface around, he would again. It was only a matter of time before he was strong and healthy again. Personally, he couldn't wait for that day. When he could do things like this without tiring. Enough pondering on that, Jaguarclaw lowered his head again as he took a small amount of moss from the depleting pile. He was sure Marbledface would be able to handle the rest. It wasn't that much after all.
As expected the journey had taken it's toll on Marbledface.
The mottled warrior's shoulder ached with some strength now and her limp was a little more obvious. Though now returned she had also rekindled her passion for the clan and fierce loyalty. She wanted to push through it and go for another hunt before they returned, but she also knew that would be impossible. It made her chest sink a little to be held back, though if Jaguarclaw was looking forward to a break then she supposed that she could as well, it would be nice to have the company. "I want to get out again before sunset though, catch something else and feel like I've covered some ground to reestablishing my role in the clan." She said though a sigh as she used her bad leg to loosely scrape together the remaining moss. That way if gave it somewhat of a break. The black and white feline didn't want to take a break though until she returned to the clan, there was this anxiousness under her skin lately that told her she was always running out of time. Though she wasn't sure what for. "I will need that rest though." She said with a happy purr and a roll of her shoulder.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 08:47 PM
Just A Fossil

@Ever
Before Jaguarclaw could pick up the wad of moss at his paws, he was wanting to respond to Marbledface's statements. "Well we can go hunting again tomorrow if you want! I mean, we'll have all day now that we have the moss you need for your nest, plus some," he spoke, trying to get the black and white warrior to change her mind. He still remembered her leg and he was certain it must be bothering her now. To keep it short, Jaguarclaw simply didn't want his companion to over work her leg. The last thing they needed was a trip to the medicine cat to get it fixed all over again. He remembered the last time she did that to herself, he was there helping her walk again. "How about we go back and rest and call it a day. Enjoy the day before the rains return. Don't feel like getting caught in the storm out here. I suppose tonight will be the night it begins," He spoke allowing himself to scent the air. Sure enough, there was a strong scent of rain in the air and they could even feel it. The air was sticky and humid, though still cool due to the recent season change. Once again, Jaguarclaw was leaning down to scoop up his pile of moss, clamping it securely in his jaws before turning in the direction of camp. With a quick looked Marbledface to insure she was ready, he began to lead them back.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old May 3rd, 2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:

@Ever
Before Jaguarclaw could pick up the wad of moss at his paws, he was wanting to respond to Marbledface's statements. "Well we can go hunting again tomorrow if you want! I mean, we'll have all day now that we have the moss you need for your nest, plus some," he spoke, trying to get the black and white warrior to change her mind. He still remembered her leg and he was certain it must be bothering her now. To keep it short, Jaguarclaw simply didn't want his companion to over work her leg. The last thing they needed was a trip to the medicine cat to get it fixed all over again. He remembered the last time she did that to herself, he was there helping her walk again. "How about we go back and rest and call it a day. Enjoy the day before the rains return. Don't feel like getting caught in the storm out here. I suppose tonight will be the night it begins," He spoke allowing himself to scent the air. Sure enough, there was a strong scent of rain in the air and they could even feel it. The air was sticky and humid, though still cool due to the recent season change. Once again, Jaguarclaw was leaning down to scoop up his pile of moss, clamping it securely in his jaws before turning in the direction of camp. With a quick looked Marbledface to insure she was ready, he began to lead them back.
Disappointment set in as she could sense the truth in his words through facts in the environment. One thing that she hated was the rain,she despised the way it ruffled her fur, stuck it out in ugly places. A shudder went through her spine and she nodded in agreement. "I suppose you're right... We will take it easy this evening then." She agreed and pulled her own moss pile into her maw. Then she took off at a slower pace back to the clan with Jaguarclaw. Though she wasn't really chipper on the travel,most of the time she spent staring at the ground trying to calculate everything she needed to do. It made her mind swirl.

(feel free to post in the den)
Old May 7th, 2017, 08:17 PM
shsl warrior cat

My Mood: Thinking

Loping out onto the field, he took in a deep inhale of breath. Ah yes, he could see the entire sky! Living in a pine forest was great, he loved the fresh woodland scent and the prickly pine needles between his toes, but whenever he got the chance to experience the full sky, he couldn't resist. ShadowClan territory was dark and barely got any sunlight because of the closely woven trees.
The sun felt hot on his pelt, and he curled into a patch of lilies, gently pulling a lily out of the ground, the blossom resting in between his paws as he gazed at it. Kestrelberry's small, pleasant smile soon faded into a neutral expression, before his claws quickly and delicately tore into its petals, scattering bits of the velvety pieces onto the ground and into his fur as he promptly shoved the blossom away from him.
A sigh as he pressed his face into his paws, ears lowering to press against his skull slightly.
He really needed to get over it, didn't he?
Staring at the lilies, his tail swayed as he sighed, pressing his muzzle into a paw. He didn't want to be a warrior. It wasn't his calling.
@Suspiciousmindz
Old May 7th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Just A Fossil

@Ashley/Kestrel
Frogspirit -- now mostly referred to as Frog -- had left Shadowclan about a moon earlier. He had a pretty noticeable limp from the injuries that used to line his pelt. Soon after leaving the clan, he had headed back to the Windclan border to enjoy the light and the open territory. Shadowclan was dark and he believe that was why everyone there seemed so bitter. That was stereotyping though. The medicine cat that helped him seemed pretty happy, laid back, just not his patients. As the black and white tom made his way along the Shadowclan border, the scent of lilies reached his nose. Not just this, but the scent of a Shadowclan cat among them. It worried Frog, but he could easily explain himself and he wasn't trespassing on the territory itself, just the border. Frog still kept rather cautious of his surroundings though as he made his way along. Despite his allowance to be there, Shadowclan warriors weren't exactly the most forgiving and he assumed they would be hostile any way.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old May 8th, 2017, 06:27 PM
shsl warrior cat

My Mood: Thinking

Quote:

@Ashley/Kestrel
Frogspirit -- now mostly referred to as Frog -- had left Shadowclan about a moon earlier. He had a pretty noticeable limp from the injuries that used to line his pelt. Soon after leaving the clan, he had headed back to the Windclan border to enjoy the light and the open territory. Shadowclan was dark and he believe that was why everyone there seemed so bitter. That was stereotyping though. The medicine cat that helped him seemed pretty happy, laid back, just not his patients. As the black and white tom made his way along the Shadowclan border, the scent of lilies reached his nose. Not just this, but the scent of a Shadowclan cat among them. It worried Frog, but he could easily explain himself and he wasn't trespassing on the territory itself, just the border. Frog still kept rather cautious of his surroundings though as he made his way along. Despite his allowance to be there, Shadowclan warriors weren't exactly the most forgiving and he assumed they would be hostile any way.
Paws tucked softly under his chest, he let out a breath, eyes still focused on the lilies around him. The moggy shifted as the warm sun felt even hotter on his brown pelt, and he slowly pushed himself onto his haunches. He was still bothered, but felt slightly better as he breathed in the blooms. The strong scent of the blossoms was enough to mask the faint scent of WindClan and rogue from reaching his tongue, taking a deep inhale and exhaling as he closed his eyes.
After what seemed like hours- days maybe, he reopened his eyes, before lazily standing up and creeping out of the patch of flowers, shaking out his pelt and taking a deep inhale in an effort to wake himself. Just relaxing in the blossoms had made him tired. The warrior wanted to go back home to shove his face into his nest and sleep all day, but the beautiful summer sky kept him under the clouds. Kestrelberry froze, the scent of rogue fresh on his tastebuds. He looking around, ears flat before shyly calling out.
"Um... Hi.?"

Last edited by Ashley/Kestrel; May 8th, 2017 at 06:28 PM.