Today 10:45 AM

Old July 8th, 2018, 05:34 AM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
(Sounds good to me Charmer! ^^)

With a small pant, the leader settled down in a bright patch of sunlight, a sparrow he caught himself clamped tightly in his jaws. Setting the bird on the ground, he took a moment to catch his breath back, blaming the Greenleaf heat on his exhaustion. He might have short fur, but sometimes even that couldn't save you from heat exhaustion. The bustle and business of the clan mingled on about him, all the voices and cats drowning into one singular din as he stared at his catch.

It was only when he heard his name being called abruptly, did he blink and turn his head towards the cat that beckoned. He should have recognized the voice, but his thoughts must have prevented him from outright identifying it. However the appearance alone was enough to bring to mind exactly who it was that called him. Seeing the medicine cat pad towards him, the brown tabby carefully began to sit up, having to ignore his meal for now, not that he was starving anyways. His eyes looked curiously towards the young cat who also padded over, presumably beckoned by the medicine cat as well. He didn't bother questioning out loud as it appeared the older tom was about to explain himself anyways.

"Yes, I do believe I recall that.." Replied the tom cautiously as he now eyed the scarred older tom, his head tilting just slightly. Grousestar should have put two and two together, but his thought train wasn't running right these days, too much going on. Luckily enough, Shinefang continued on to explain that he desired for Ringpaw to be his apprentice, listing off a good line of reasons as to why it would work and why he had picked her in the first place. A small smile touched his muzzle as he looked back at the young calico he seemed to eagerly nod her head. If Shinefang thought she would make a good addition to the medicine cat den, then he had no way to argue. Not only that, but he did like the idea of a younger cat being able to help the older tom out, and learn so that when Shinefang was ready to retire, he would have someone to take over.
"I believe you've made a fine choice then Shinefang. And I have a feeling she'll be less annoying than me when in your den." He chuckled out brightly, nodding his head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang briefly thought that the leader seemed a tad distracted, but dismissed this as the mere consequence of interrupting his meal. He gaze a quick, curt bow. "Thank you, Grousestar. I'll go ahead and take her to the Starcave at the next new moon to do the ceremony. In the mean time, I'll just work on teaching some basics. Sorry 'bout interrupting. Enjoy that sparrow of yours." The medicine cat turned his head to fix the leader in his one-eyed gaze. "Oh, and remember to drink plenty of water. Just generally speaking. No reason in particular."

With that, the old tom fixed his steady gaze back on the young calico. "As for you, don't think that just because you're training as a medicine cat you'll be getting any slack with learning your fighting skills. Any apprentice of mine will be able to fight as well as any warrior by the time she earns her full name," he said, lifting his chin. Shinefang may have put his warrior duties aside for a new way to serve his clan, but he still had a warrior spirit. Besides, he'd trained four apprentices in his career. What was one more? If she ever came upon a fox, badger, or murderous rouge while looking for herbs, with Starclan as his witness she'd know how to claw her way out of the situation and heal her clanmates another day. As he met the younger cat's mint green eyes, so full of surprise and excitement, he had to admit it would be nice to have her positive energy around the den. The old tom cleared his throat, "Anyway," he stepped forward and touched his nose to hers as mentors did when they learned their apprentices received their new names, "Blah blah, I'm you mentor now. Let's move it. You have a lot to learn," he said, turning back to the medicine den and padding off, expecting his new apprentice to follow.
Ringpaw watched Grousestar’s eyes with deep intent, trying to see what he thought. As he savored every word, spending time on every syllable, her heart thumped louder.
She had never been in such direct contact like this with Skyclan’s leader, it was almost frightening, and exciting at the same time.
Grousestar seemed to be carefully listening to everything Shinefang had to say, and when he approved she let out a small, quiet purr.
Drink lots of water? She thought inside her head, echoing what Shinefang- her new mentor!- had said.
Maybe she should pay attention to her water intake, if the yellow tabby was generally speaking for real. She couldn’t remember the last time she had taken a drink! Her mouth felt dry, to be honest, and she had only just noticed it.
She jumped a bit when her new mentor swung his head around to fixate his one amber eye on hers.
At his words, she felt a bit deflated. Still do warrior training? She wanted to become a healer, able to choose between life and death! Help cats in need. Know what’s wrong and what’s right.
“Don’t worry, I won’t fuss.” She promised him solemnly. Besides, this wasn’t Snapbranch she was dealing with! Shinefang may be a grouch, according to rumors, but he had helped her before so training wasn’t a big question.
When he bopped his nose against hers, she felt like she was reliving her apprentice ceremony again, but with a second chance at a good mentor. And besides, she would be learning so much more now! Herbs, healing, contacting Starclan, every day would be something new.
Ringpaw nodded furiously once more, she did have a lot to learn if she ever wanted to be a medicine cat. Her calico pelt fluffed up at her tail in pure excitement and apprehension, not that it would happen suddenly but one day Shinefang would be able to show her everything about being his apprentice. Giving a few shakes of her forepaws, she set off behind the yellow tom, nearly drifting on air she felt so hollowed out and stuffed with light happiness that she could fly!
Suddenly, a thought popped into mind.
Turning around, she quickly locked gazes with Grousestar, who she had assumed might have already left, but since she hadn’t heard anything yet she met his eyes. “Thank you!” She meowed quickly, cheerful but with a hint of hesitance as she dipped her head in thanks before whipping around to catch up with Shinefang, who was quickly padding away to the- her- new den.
As she caught up with him, she was just a bit behind him, her muzzle just behind his shoulders.
”What’s first?” She questioned, knowing there might not be an answer yet, but she would still try. Smiling up at Shinefang, she awaited a form of response.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old July 8th, 2018, 05:24 PM
sushi

My Mood: Unpredictable

A river of champagne trickled across the large tom's bodice, gold hues oozing over his thick coat with an opulence that only the sun could betroth. The warrior whom was sprawled against the grit seemed unfazed by the warmth that casually surrounded him, lackadaisical movements implying to his current comfort. With his eyes closed and lashes burying them amongst a feathered sea of black, Grizzlybear was revealing his tranquility to the rest of the clan. His laid-back demeanour was on display for all cats to witness, without any snarky responses or disdainful humor. Some could say it was a joy for the male to pipe down and simply enjoy the heated breeze, whilst others would be surprised by the content smirk resting against the grooves of his lips.

[ @Cosmo ]
i slithered here from eden just to sit outside your door

♡━━━━━━━site━━━━━━━♡
Old July 9th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompaws View Post
A river of champagne trickled across the large tom's bodice, gold hues oozing over his thick coat with an opulence that only the sun could betroth. The warrior whom was sprawled against the grit seemed unfazed by the warmth that casually surrounded him, lackadaisical movements implying to his current comfort. With his eyes closed and lashes burying them amongst a feathered sea of black, Grizzlybear was revealing his tranquility to the rest of the clan. His laid-back demeanour was on display for all cats to witness, without any snarky responses or disdainful humor. Some could say it was a joy for the male to pipe down and simply enjoy the heated breeze, whilst others would be surprised by the content smirk resting against the grooves of his lips.

[ @Cosmo ]

Caramelblaze padded through the clearing, her fur gleaming as the sun hit the cream and white coloring. Her beautiful golden orbs scanned the crowd of SkyClan cats. After a while of looking about her gaze came across a certain brown furred tom. Her pace doubled when she saw him. It was rare to see the tom so calm and peaceful. When she got closer she was able to make out a content smirk on the toms facial features. The molly cocked her head and smiled down at the tom. "Hello Grizzlybear," She said happily. Some cats might be surprised by the happy way that the grumpy molly talked to the tom. To Caramelblaze, her actions were perfectly normal, and she didn't give it a second thought.
Old July 9th, 2018, 12:59 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Spending time in the clearing was, strangely enough, one of the best parts of Palmettoleaf’s day. He liked staying here, waiting for other cats to walk by, watching their expressions… it was always nice to know that there were warriors who still knew how to take a break. It was important to hunt, and patrol, and take care of the Clan, yes… but it was also important to take care of themselves. The multicolored tom stretched out, lying on his side, his tail making small patterns in the dust. It was one of those “simple pleasure” type things that was hard to explain at first, but got easier to understand over time. His green eyes scanned the clearing, to see if there was anyone in particular he could talk to - it had been a little while since he had really gotten back into having a social life, and he was looking forward to talking with a clanmate or two. It was nice, being out here again… there had been a lot of drama with the other Clans lately, and he was currently afraid to venture too far into the territory (no, he wasn’t normally a coward) so he hadn’t been as much help to the Clan recently. Hunting had become a fallback for him, and he was pretty sure there wasn’t a single critter living near the camp anymore… he’d either hunted them all down, or the few that were left had already run away, terrified for their lives. Pretty soon it would be long enough past all of that drama that he would feel comfortable leaving the Camp and going deeper into the territory again, which would be… nice.

@mompaws

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old July 11th, 2018, 09:45 AM
sushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post

Caramelblaze padded through the clearing, her fur gleaming as the sun hit the cream and white coloring. Her beautiful golden orbs scanned the crowd of SkyClan cats. After a while of looking about her gaze came across a certain brown furred tom. Her pace doubled when she saw him. It was rare to see the tom so calm and peaceful. When she got closer she was able to make out a content smirk on the toms facial features. The molly cocked her head and smiled down at the tom. "Hello Grizzlybear," She said happily. Some cats might be surprised by the happy way that the grumpy molly talked to the tom. To Caramelblaze, her actions were perfectly normal, and she didn't give it a second thought.
Ebbs of black spotted the burly male's vision, as his lashes fluttered apart to meet with the molly nearby. His lips contorted into a cunning grin at the sight of the female. No one, including himself, would of ever expected for the tom-cat to truly fall for another. After many moons of playing and toying with felines, it seemed that he'd eventually found a she-cat that he just couldn't let go of. Cradling his chin with his front limbs, Grizzlybear pointed his gaze upwards to meet with the femme's eyes. He tried his best not to linger on the thick rows of lashes that outlined her orbs, although eventually gave up as the temptation was simply growing too large.
"Ew, get away from me." he teased, with his tail manoeuvring against the over-worked earth below. The tan feline couldn't help it when his smirk grew wider, and he almost wished he could just wipe it off. He disliked showing this side of himself so often, but when he was around Caramelblaze, he simply had to. It was like her optimism was contagious, especially when he was around.

♡━━━━━━━site━━━━━━━♡
Old July 11th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Somewhere in Space

Quote:
Ebbs of black spotted the burly male's vision, as his lashes fluttered apart to meet with the molly nearby. His lips contorted into a cunning grin at the sight of the female. No one, including himself, would of ever expected for the tom-cat to truly fall for another. After many moons of playing and toying with felines, it seemed that he'd eventually found a she-cat that he just couldn't let go of. Cradling his chin with his front limbs, Grizzlybear pointed his gaze upwards to meet with the femme's eyes. He tried his best not to linger on the thick rows of lashes that outlined her orbs, although eventually gave up as the temptation was simply growing too large.
"Ew, get away from me." he teased, with his tail manoeuvring against the over-worked earth below. The tan feline couldn't help it when his smirk grew wider, and he almost wished he could just wipe it off. He disliked showing this side of himself so often, but when he was around Caramelblaze, he simply had to. It was like her optimism was contagious, especially when he was around.

The beautiful molly's golden orbs settled on the tom's matching ones. She matched her smirk to his, her expression playful. The large brown tom was certainly very handsome, but he wasn't all good looks. You needed to really get to know the tom before you made any assumptions. He was certainly very flirtatious, which you could tell instantly after meeting him. He would flirt with any cat, and much to Caramelblaze's excitement, he had decided to stay with her.
"Excuse me, you must be the wrong cat, I'm supposed to be looking for the handsomest cat in the clan," She tease back, laying herself down next to the tom she lovingly nuzzled his neck fur. Turning out to face the camp, Caramelblaze stretched out her slender limbs. The day was rather nice, hot and sunny but nice, at least in the shade. Either way, she was enjoying her time.
Old July 14th, 2018, 11:40 AM
♡♡♡

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fishie View Post

((Ah, don’t be too pressed. If you’re tired, I hope you have a good nights rest! :3))

Amberfire smiled at the young molly confidently.
“Of course! I’m not the best expert on Skyclan’s territory and landmarks, but I know most of them.” She meowed, mainly to reassure herself.
She was definitely qualified to teach Scorchpaw, but she felt like collapsing into a bubble of joy and a puddle of misery and worry.
Besides, she couldn’t have been given a better apprentice! Interested in the warrior code, a bit shy but open to ideas, she wasn’t perfect but neither was Amberfire so it wouldn’t make much of a difference in her capabilities of mentoring.
“I have to admit, I come up with new landmarks every time I go outside. An especially ugly tree is ‘Elder’s Nest’, because it looks all old like it wants to retire from producing acorns every year.” She purred, having never shared that with anyone besides Scorchpaw. She briefly remembered telling Ebonybranch about it, but she had never exactly gone into much detail.
“Let’s head on out,” She meowed, standing to beckon with her tail to the camp exit.

(Switch to Skyclan Territory?)
Scorchpaw stood on her small paws, daintily picking her way over to the camp entrance. She stood beside her mentor, waiting for Amberfire to lead the way.

((Sure I'll mention you there))

♡ character page wip ♡
Old July 16th, 2018, 04:10 PM
sushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Spending time in the clearing was, strangely enough, one of the best parts of Palmettoleaf’s day. He liked staying here, waiting for other cats to walk by, watching their expressions… it was always nice to know that there were warriors who still knew how to take a break. It was important to hunt, and patrol, and take care of the Clan, yes… but it was also important to take care of themselves. The multicolored tom stretched out, lying on his side, his tail making small patterns in the dust. It was one of those “simple pleasure” type things that was hard to explain at first, but got easier to understand over time. His green eyes scanned the clearing, to see if there was anyone in particular he could talk to - it had been a little while since he had really gotten back into having a social life, and he was looking forward to talking with a clanmate or two. It was nice, being out here again… there had been a lot of drama with the other Clans lately, and he was currently afraid to venture too far into the territory (no, he wasn’t normally a coward) so he hadn’t been as much help to the Clan recently. Hunting had become a fallback for him, and he was pretty sure there wasn’t a single critter living near the camp anymore… he’d either hunted them all down, or the few that were left had already run away, terrified for their lives. Pretty soon it would be long enough past all of that drama that he would feel comfortable leaving the Camp and going deeper into the territory again, which would be… nice.

@mompaws
Gold outlined the she-cat's bodice, the cloak of chocolate upon her back glittered underneath the pools of sunlight from above. As her thick rows of lashes fluttering open to reveal shrines of green below, the eloquence that flowed from the female simply grew in depth. She slunk into the clearing, trying her best not to be noticed. Pipitchirp was usually quite the intrepid character, although in a more collected fashion. However, there came days were the female would simply wish for tranquillity and ease. Today was one of those days, and all she could think of was spending time with the special feline in her life - Palmettoleaf. Pipitchirp would never label her relationship with the tom as cliche, but that's exactly what it was. The mere thought of the male made her swoon, and she could swear that the sound of his voice made her heart rate triple, if not quadruple.
It was a little odd for her to think about, and she realised that just as she reached his side. Her narrow build slunk down beside him in an instant, purrs already beginning to throb out from her lips and throat. She wasn't the type to flirt, it simply wasn't in her nature to do so. Instead of a playful chide of words escaping from her mouth, the butterscotch feline uttered a soft chuckle. A sigh could be heard exhaling from her lips, before she turned to face the male. God, the sight of him even made her breathing quicken; and that made her feel so many emotions all at once, emotions that she didn't even recognise as her own. Pipitchirp's lips lifted into a dainty smile, her tail curving around the edges of her toes. A subtle, yet honeyed sentence broke from her being: "Good morning, Palmetto."

♡━━━━━━━site━━━━━━━♡
Old July 16th, 2018, 04:19 PM
sushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post

"Oh really?" She said, "Well I suppose you're right." The molly rested her head against the toms shoulder, breathing in his scent. It was relaxing to lie next to him. She heard the attempted flirtiness in his voice and purred in an amused way. Normally she would have commented on it, but currently she was happy where she was. She didn't want to insult him and make him be as rude as she knew that he could be. Instead she just sat there. She felt different and it made her uncomfortable, she felt like her feelings for the tom had grown. No! She turned her gaze away from him. He was still just a cat who flirted with her.
"Aren't I always right, doll?" Grizzlybear couldn't help the use of a pet name, and inwardly he cringed at his actions. He would usually drip with confidence and self-assurance, but dang, he sure wasn't feeling it today. Yet, he was never one to show his emotions so freely. With his lips quirking upwards, and nose seeping into the neck hair of the female beside him, the Skyclan warrior couldn't hold in his chuckle any longer. He tried to hide his face by using his mate's cloak of fur, although it didn't provide much relief to his dismay. He really had fallen for the she-cat beside him, but he was still unsure of she reciprocated his feelings. Going in to the relationship, he was a wild charm of a feline, but now he felt his time had come to change that up.

♡━━━━━━━site━━━━━━━♡
Old July 16th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Somewhere in Space

Quote:
"Aren't I always right, doll?" Grizzlybear couldn't help the use of a pet name, and inwardly he cringed at his actions. He would usually drip with confidence and self-assurance, but dang, he sure wasn't feeling it today. Yet, he was never one to show his emotions so freely. With his lips quirking upwards, and nose seeping into the neck hair of the female beside him, the Skyclan warrior couldn't hold in his chuckle any longer. He tried to hide his face by using his mate's cloak of fur, although it didn't provide much relief to his dismay. He really had fallen for the she-cat beside him, but he was still unsure of she reciprocated his feelings. Going in to the relationship, he was a wild charm of a feline, but now he felt his time had come to change that up.

"Well I'm right most of the time aren't I?" She purred. Caramelblaze knew that the tom was her mate but she wasn't sure if the tom really loved her, after all with his flirty behavior surely he had plenty of former mates and love interests. The molly turned back to look at the tom who was trying to hide his face in her fur. She rolled away from him so that she could see his expression. She landed on her back not to far away from him, and batted at his ear. "How ya feelin' Grizzly?" She asked the tom as she rolled back up onto her stomach. She was still doubting their relationship but she couldn't help but behave playfully around the tom.