Today 05:23 PM
Closed Thread

Old July 26th, 2017, 09:16 AM
My profile has a message!

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: July Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bird View Post

Doesong nodded her head, 'yes'. "Yes, how about you?" she asked in a voice that sounded like she was talking in a very formal way. The molly was. She was talking to a cat from another clan. Sure she had met that cat before, but she knew very well that it was better to use her "you're from another clan" voice, instead of the voice she used talking to Flame, or cats in her clan. Doesong had told this cat a lot of things, but she had matured since then, at least a little. Her snappish and sarcastic remarks were still there.
Cottonfrost shrugged his dark grey shoulders in a noncommittal way.
"Fine, I guess." Truth was, the tom wasn't exactly 'fine'. A few moons ago, Trinityflame, his sister, had left the clan. He still wasn't over not seeing her every day, even though he knew she liked being a loner than a clan cat. Cottonfrost sighed slowly and his gaze swept one more time over the full clearing, settling, after a moment, on the place where the five leaders had gathered. He watched them for a moment. He wasn't really one to start conversations. They kind of stressed him out, especially when they were pressing for answers.

Last edited by Undercover; July 26th, 2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old July 26th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
Cottonfrost shrugged his dark grey shoulders in a noncommittal way.
"Fine, I guess." Truth was, the tom wasn't exactly 'fine'. A few moons ago, Trinityflame, his sister, had left the clan. He still wasn't over not seeing her every day, even though he knew she liked being a loner than a clan cat. Cottonfrost sighed slowly and his gaze swept one more time over the full clearing, settling, after a moment, on the place where the five leaders had gathered. He watched them for a moment. He wasn't really one to start conversations. They kind of stressed him out, especially when they were pressing for answers.

Doesong could tell he wasn't telling the truth. He most likely wasn't fine. "N-" managed to slither out her mouth, before she clamped it shut. Why did her sarcastic and sassy side have to always get the better side of her? What about that kind, caring, and lovable side? It just never seemed to get its way. Doesong ducked her head, pretending to focus on the leaders. Oh StarClan, I hope he didn't hear me!

Last edited by Cosmo; July 26th, 2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old July 26th, 2017, 09:25 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

(will do use as a starter. hope you don't mind duplicating daypaw!)

Geckoleaf had always loved gatherings; it was always a chance to see friends from other clans, meet with the medicine cats, and hear news from the leaders. But this seasons' gathering was lacking someone; Cricketpaw. She should have been here, should have been bouncing around excitedly and chattering about how many friends she should make. But the little bengal wasn't; instead, she was dead, murdered as she followed an assignment from Geckoleaf.

Sometimes the medicine cat felt like she had been the one to kill Cricketpaw.

Her feet dragged across the ground, and her ears lay back smoothly against her skull. To her, the world was silent; not many cats could get through to her anymore. Her close friend, Mistfall, and the leader, Russetstar, could, from virtue of previous respect. Surgestorm would maybe be able to, and Zerosight or Northpath if they were still medicine cats. But for now, not much else could. Her ears pricked slightly; the sound of tired breathing, gentle and long, like she had heard from Cricketpaw many a late night. But she knew this sound; it was Daypaw, the ShadowClan medicine cat. A slight smile crossed her maw; she loved the company of the apprentice, as their personality was surprisingly refreshing. She beelined towards the golden figure, feet no longer dragging, a surprising vitality in her step. Finally, a friend!

(maybe her comparing daypaw to cricketpaw also helps to make them snap at geckoleaf, after being made into someone they're not?)
[yeah that sounds good to me]
Daypaw hadnt talked to the medcats since their ceremony and they were kinda glad. They felt out of place there. Daypaw didnt have a mentor, they had no one to teach them and Northpath didnt visit often anymore. They felt like they were alone. Daypaw was struggling. Struggling to even keep themselves upright they were so tired. Between trying to learn on their own and trying to avoid sleep, they frankly wanted to passout right now. They felt lonely. They had no mentor to guide them. No mentor to lead them to the Starcave, no mentor to tell them whats right and be there for Daypaw emotionally. Halestar is to busy with Leader duties to care for Daypaws every little need. They felt they were thrown into this without support. The enby let out a huff. Their ears twitched at the sound of pawsteps, looking up with their eyes in slits they saw Geckoleaf. She was one of the medcats they saw, Riverclans. They felt a pang of lonines,, a reminder that Cricketpaw wasnt at her side. Despite them not showing it on the outside-it hurt. The one cat Daypaw had gotten close to was dead. It stung. Seeing Geckoleaf was bitter sweet. Instead though Daypaw wouldnt be rude, giving a bow of the head at seeing her approach.
Old July 26th, 2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:

Doesong could tell he wasn't telling the truth. He most likely wasn't fine. "N-" managed to slither out her mouth, before she clamped it shut. Why did her sarcastic and sassy side have to always get the better side of her? What about that kind, caring, and lovable side? It just never seemed to get its way. Doesong ducked her head, pretending to focus on the leaders. Oh StarClan, I hope he didn't hear me!
Cottonfrost tore his sharp gaze from the leaders and focused Cooley on Doesong.
"Yes?" He asked, his deep voice eerily smooth and free from any feeling. A perfect mask of cold perfection. He could actually feel the strong emotion rippeling from the she cat's soft fur, as strong as a wave. Embarrassment? Stubbornness? He wasn't sure. Maybe a bit of both. He raised his brows, waiting, his spine stiff as a board, for a reply. She had better not be rebuking him.
Old July 26th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Somewhere in Space

Quote:
Cottonfrost tore his sharp gaze from the leaders and focused Cooley on Doesong.
"Yes?" He asked, his deep voice eerily smooth and free from any feeling. A perfect mask of cold perfection. He could actually feel the strong emotion rippeling from the she cat's soft fur, as strong as a wave. Embarrassment? Stubbornness? He wasn't sure. Maybe a bit of both. He raised his brows, waiting, his spine stiff as a board, for a reply. She had better not be rebuking him.

Doesong said nothing. He had heard her. Oh StarClan what was she going to do now? Her body tensed. Her mouth became a straight line drawn on her maw. Why couldn't she stay quiet for once? Doesong didn't know. But she did wish it didn't happen. Finally out of her stiffened mouth came a word. Not two. Not three. Not four. One word. And that word was "Nothing.".
Old July 26th, 2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:

Doesong said nothing. He had heard her. Oh StarClan what was she going to do now? Her body tensed. Her mouth became a straight line drawn on her maw. Why couldn't she stay quiet for once? Doesong didn't know. But she did wish it didn't happen. Finally out of her stiffened mouth came a word. Not two. Not three. Not four. One word. And that word was "Nothing.".
Cottonfrost curled his tail in amusement. He was pretty sure that was not what she was going to say, but he wasn't going to push it. Why else would she tense so?
"Fine." He replied, a subtle hint of entertainment entered his gaze as he watched her.
Deciding to change the subject, the male ducked his head down and licked a paw nonchalantly.
"Clan well?" He asked her, only to fill the silence.
Old July 26th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Somewhere in Space

Quote:
Cottonfrost curled his tail in amusement. He was pretty sure that was not what she was going to say, but he wasn't going to push it. Why else would she tense so?
"Fine." He replied, a subtle hint of entertainment entered his gaze as he watched her.
Deciding to change the subject, the male ducked his head down and licked a paw nonchalantly.
"Clan well?" He asked her, only to fill the silence.

"Very." was the word that slid out of her mouth. It was just a reaction. Doesong had been taught to do it many times. "If a cat from another asks you 'Clan well?' say Very, or yes", so to speak. Many, many times. It wasn't a lie either, RiverClan was doing well. Doesong said nothing else, waiting for his remark.
Old July 26th, 2017, 10:13 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

@Empress Of Evil

The ebony warrior padded close behind Russetstar, his blue optics flickered with unease. The gathering brought painful memories for him, images of Honeypool and Fireflare flashed in his mind, it made the buzzing worse. He grimaced and watched his leader climb up the rock, sitting next to the other leaders. He narrowed his eyes and flicked his tail before he padded forward, his head low, ears flattened. He was looking for someone in particular, a dark, ginger colored warrior, he knew Honeypool wasn't going to be coming to this gathering, not after the scare he had given her. Fallenstream sat himself down next to the other deputies and let out a huff, his blue orbs still searching for a few more moments before he bowed his head and shot the other's a smile, a strained smile "Hello, name's Fallenstream, new deputy of Riverclan." he said. He still wasn't sure how he felt about the higher ups, he still struggled with the fact that not all of the money may be bad, that not all of them are just hoping to take as much power as they want, not caring for their clanmates. His ideals and beliefs did a whole 180 when he met Honeypool, but the moment he became deputy it did a full 360, he didn't know what he was supposed to be doing, he wasn't sure about what he was supposed to be saying, everything became twice more complicated.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old July 26th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameleaf View Post
Skypaw pricked his ears. "Hmm... Rabbit tastes kinda like a bird, but better." He shook his head. "I'm not sure on how to explain it." Skypaw shuffled his paws on the dirt. "Ummm... Meet me at the border after the gathering so you could try a rabbit maybe..." He sighed. "Look, I get it if you don't want to eat a Rabbit, but you were curious.... So I thought..." Skypaw flattened his ears in embarrassment and looked at his paws. There we go! I made a fool of myself!
Cherrypaw shot a quick glance at her mentor, unsure if she was listening, and thought quickly. The warrior code did say she was to remain loyal to her clan, but she didn't see how sharing a meal with another apprentice could be considered disloyalty. She wouldn't even be giving away Thunderclan prey, it would just be a few bites of rabbit. "I think that would be ok," Cherrypaw ventured, sure that Tigerdawn would correct her if she was wrong.
Old July 26th, 2017, 01:39 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

@Lunacross

Tinyfuzz brightened at the thought of a walk after the Gathering, a little fearful of running into a predator and being alone out in the territory. But she forced herself to remember this was Peachfuzz she was going to be with, her wonderfully loyal and protective mate, and he wouldn’t bring them into danger. If he did, she had confidence he could get them out. Her tone hushed and sweet, she simply meowed, “I would love that.” Even if it meant they tromped around in the muck and marshes of ShadowClan’s land, she knew she would enjoy being with him.

Her earlier thoughts returning, Tinyfuzz couldn’t help but inquire, “Has— has there been anything… dangerous spotted in the territory lately?” Her body had grown tense as she spoke but upon realizing it, she let out a small puff of laughter, becoming aware of how ridiculous her concerns might be. “Aside from you, that is,” she added playfully, softer.

Raising her eyes to the Seastones, she noticed the lack of their leader among the others and shuffled her paws, uncertain. Considering Peachfuzz’s view of gendered duties and roles, she was mildly irritated that Halestar was once again proving she was perhaps unfit to be in charge of a Clan. "Is.. our leader planning to join them up there?"

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; July 26th, 2017 at 01:39 PM.
Closed Thread