by dino.
Last post by paris
Today 08:14 AM

Old May 31st, 2017, 08:12 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: ShadowClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenic! View Post
Really, Brightpaw didn't have a good reason to have stopped Tawnypaw right then, unless being concerned with getting his ears blown off if she neared too close to him counted. He'd never met a cat from another clan before, and he could tell by the pine-forest scent on her fur that this stranger was from ShadowClan. Scrambling for some sort of excuse to stop the molly without seeming like an absolute idiot, his gaze turned rather nervous as he let out a frustrated huff. "Be careful while you're running- you looked awfully close to ...our side of the border." He didn't exactly care for the cats of his clan as much as he'd have to pretend he did, but it wasn't as if anyone wanted to freely admit their loyalties lay elsewhere.

"I can't exactly do anything about it, but I can warn you about it!"
Brightpaw mewed, his eyes narrowed and tail lashing. "I-I'll tell my father!" Of course, it was nice to find someone who didn't know him as the leader's reject son, who hadn't heard the rumors. Maybe around this stranger, he'd be able to pretend that his family was intact, that he was lucky. He'd never been so excited about lying before, but sometimes all the tom wished for was a chance to start over. Glancing towards the forest behind Tawnypaw, sometimes he wished he could join another clan, with a brand-new beginning. I wonder what ShadowClan is like, anyways? He'd never admit it to his clanmates, but he'd never felt like he belonged on the moors. He despised that place, the clan which gave him so many bad memories, that reminded him of the family he never had. From the moment he was born, he was unwanted.
His words made her giggly aloud, it was such a silly thing to say because it had no effect on her. She wasn't scared, the clan treated her like she was already a criminal, might as well start acting one. She really didn't believe in behaving like that, but her mind was a whirlwind of emotions so that's the one that came out. "Ooooo, I'm so scared!" She said, voice full of animosity and sarcasm, she even threw in a feigned shiver.

The brown-grey tabby had finally caught her breath now and was drinking in all the details around her. The fresh air scent on the tom, the smell of grass and sea on the breeze. The salt tickled her nostrils as she took deep inhales. Deep in the forest it was rare to catch any detection of the ocean that laid behind Windclan. Tawnypaw was already head over heels excited to see it at her first gathering, as she'd heard many stories and she could barely begin to picture the imaginations as a reality. Even the smell had her limbs tingling with the urge to blast by the tom and away from this all. See the ocean, start her own life next to it. Who knew, maybe she'd even make friends.

Though the thought made her heart sink because she had family here. Family that she really truly cared about, and Tawny had nothing other than that to care for so it was one of the most important things that she clung to. When she thought on his words again she felt a pang of jealousy among the hard mockery front she'd immediately built. She had no father, even if she wanted to taddle she couldn't. She didn't even have a mother to taddle to, though she supposed she could still threaten it and hairs a few anxious hairs.

Last edited by Ever; May 31st, 2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 08:21 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
His words made her giggly aloud, it was such a silly thing to say because it had no effect on her. She wasn't scared, the clan treated her like she was already a criminal, might as well start acting one. She really didn't believe in behaving like that, but her mind was a whirlwind of emotions so that's the one that came out. "Ooooo, I'm so scared!" She said, voice full of animosity and sarcasm, she even threw in a feigned shiver.

The brown-grey tabby had finally caught her breath now and was drinking in all the details around her. The fresh air scent on the tom, the smell of grass and sea on the breeze. The salt tickled her nostrils as she took deep inhales. Deep in the forest it was rare to catch any detection of the ocean that laid behind Windclan. Tawnypaw was already head over heels excited to see it at her first gathering, as she'd heard many stories and she could barely begin to picture the imaginations as a reality. Even the smell had her limbs tingling with the urge to blast by the tom and away from this all. See the ocean, start her own life next to it. Who knew, maybe she'd even make friends.

Though the thought made her heart sink because she had family here. Family that she really truly cared about, and Tawny had nothing other than that to care for so it was one of the most important things that she clung to. When she thought on his words again she felt a pang of jealousy among the hard mockery front she'd immediately built. She had no father, even if she wanted to taddle she couldn't. She didn't even have a mother to taddle to, though she supposed she could still threaten it and hairs a few anxious hairs.
"Hey, you should be scared!" Brightpaw huffed- though his lie didn't exactly make him feel as good as he'd wanted to, unfortunately. She's mocking me? I-I'll show her! "I'm serious! He'll wage war on ShadowClan and everything, just you watch!" He hissed, though his puffed-out fur didn't make him look intimidating rather than just plain silly. Though I bet life in ShadowClan is fun. Maybe she's got a less rotten family than I do- it's not like the chances are that low, with a deadbeat dad who happens to be in charge of the entire clan. I can't imagine she's hated by ShadowClan's leader, or anything."...How cool is Halestar, anyways?" He suprisingly asked the she-cat, trying to keep his cool even with this sudden burst of curiosity.

Brightpaw had a hard time restraining himself from asking about the other cat's clan- I have to stay loyal, right? If I can't be patriotic, or trust the clan I was born into, than I really am a failure, aren't I? He didn't have any friends back in WindClan besides Rowanpaw and Larkpaw, and there was always a bit of an ebbing feeling that he didn't belong there-- but if he didn't belong in the clan he was supposed to fit into, then where would he fit in? Sooner or later, rumor would get out, and his life would be destroyed again. Brightpaw found himself unable to get out of trouble, and this new molly seemed to be like another portal to an uncertain future, something that he didn't know about and didn't want to stick around and find out.

So what was drawing him to her?
Old June 3rd, 2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
"Hey, you should be scared!" Brightpaw huffed- though his lie didn't exactly make him feel as good as he'd wanted to, unfortunately. She's mocking me? I-I'll show her! "I'm serious! He'll wage war on ShadowClan and everything, just you watch!" He hissed, though his puffed-out fur didn't make him look intimidating rather than just plain silly. Though I bet life in ShadowClan is fun. Maybe she's got a less rotten family than I do- it's not like the chances are that low, with a deadbeat dad who happens to be in charge of the entire clan. I can't imagine she's hated by ShadowClan's leader, or anything."...How cool is Halestar, anyways?" He suprisingly asked the she-cat, trying to keep his cool even with this sudden burst of curiosity.

Brightpaw had a hard time restraining himself from asking about the other cat's clan- I have to stay loyal, right? If I can't be patriotic, or trust the clan I was born into, than I really am a failure, aren't I? He didn't have any friends back in WindClan besides Rowanpaw and Larkpaw, and there was always a bit of an ebbing feeling that he didn't belong there-- but if he didn't belong in the clan he was supposed to fit into, then where would he fit in? Sooner or later, rumor would get out, and his life would be destroyed again. Brightpaw found himself unable to get out of trouble, and this new molly seemed to be like another portal to an uncertain future, something that he didn't know about and didn't want to stick around and find out.

So what was drawing him to her?
His words made her smirk, but honestly the thought of being the cause of a fight between the clans did have her heart racing. Deep down she didn't want to be on the outs forever, she didn't want to live in this shell of angst. Tawnypaw just wanted to feel like she fit in, that's all she really wanted. It just seemed impossible. Her ears perked curiously at his sudden question and the tips of her lips curled up. He was obviously as curious as she was. So they shared a quality off the bat. That was what Tawnypaw looked for when she spoke with a cat, what made them them, not the overall character but the little quirks that made up character. She noticed the little things above all else.

"I don't like her." Tawnypaw whispered softly. Not that it was exactly Halestar's fault that her mother died, but she did shame her mother awfully hard. Tawny didn't know what her mother had done to the current leader though, the suffering that that cat had had to go through. It was that suffering that lead to why she was so on her toes nowadays. The dark tabby was too afraid to speak with the leader in fear of being mistook for something that she was not. She couldn't hide her discomfort upon mentioning the leader, her tail tucked against her leg and her ears were back-turned, eyes downcast and staring at nothing in particular but staring all the same.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 11:01 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Quote:
His words made her smirk, but honestly the thought of being the cause of a fight between the clans did have her heart racing. Deep down she didn't want to be on the outs forever, she didn't want to live in this shell of angst. Tawnypaw just wanted to feel like she fit in, that's all she really wanted. It just seemed impossible. Her ears perked curiously at his sudden question and the tips of her lips curled up. He was obviously as curious as she was. So they shared a quality off the bat. That was what Tawnypaw looked for when she spoke with a cat, what made them them, not the overall character but the little quirks that made up character. She noticed the little things above all else.

"I don't like her." Tawnypaw whispered softly. Not that it was exactly Halestar's fault that her mother died, but she did shame her mother awfully hard. Tawny didn't know what her mother had done to the current leader though, the suffering that that cat had had to go through. It was that suffering that lead to why she was so on her toes nowadays. The dark tabby was too afraid to speak with the leader in fear of being mistook for something that she was not. She couldn't hide her discomfort upon mentioning the leader, her tail tucked against her leg and her ears were back-turned, eyes downcast and staring at nothing in particular but staring all the same.
Eyes originally widened with curiosity, Brightpaw suddenly flinched back for a second at both Tawnypaw's words and the tone she'd used to say them, making it obvious that he'd happened to strike a nerve. Even if she was from another clan, he'd never intended to make her feel bad or anything- scaring her or something would've been fine, but this just made him feel bad about it. Scrambling for something he could say to lighten his mood or relate to her somehow, he thought of something on the spot, even if it wasn't the most feel-good kind of sentence. "It's okay, I don't really like Blazingstar either. I kinda think he wishes I never existed, but here I am anyways, right?"Brightpaw was a cat who acted on impulse, who spoke without thought. He could be curious to the point of rudeness, or cold to the point of rejection everything depended on his emotions, which drove him instead of his logic.

He hated quite a few leaders- yes, of course the kitten held a hatred for the previous leader of WindClan, Singenight, a ruthless killer- and of course he didn't care for his neglectful father as well. He didn't exist during Dapplestar's reign, either, but he'd heard good about the leader- though her last remaining child in his clan was, in his mind, an absolute jerk. He didn't know much about ShadowClan's past leaders, either, but he was assuming that Tawnypaw simply disliked them all- something about a dislike for authority.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Eyes originally widened with curiosity, Brightpaw suddenly flinched back for a second at both Tawnypaw's words and the tone she'd used to say them, making it obvious that he'd happened to strike a nerve. Even if she was from another clan, he'd never intended to make her feel bad or anything- scaring her or something would've been fine, but this just made him feel bad about it. Scrambling for something he could say to lighten his mood or relate to her somehow, he thought of something on the spot, even if it wasn't the most feel-good kind of sentence. "It's okay, I don't really like Blazingstar either. I kinda think he wishes I never existed, but here I am anyways, right?"Brightpaw was a cat who acted on impulse, who spoke without thought. He could be curious to the point of rudeness, or cold to the point of rejection everything depended on his emotions, which drove him instead of his logic.

He hated quite a few leaders- yes, of course the kitten held a hatred for the previous leader of WindClan, Singenight, a ruthless killer- and of course he didn't care for his neglectful father as well. He didn't exist during Dapplestar's reign, either, but he'd heard good about the leader- though her last remaining child in his clan was, in his mind, an absolute jerk. He didn't know much about ShadowClan's past leaders, either, but he was assuming that Tawnypaw simply disliked them all- something about a dislike for authority.
Rather than continuing her non-chalent reactions of sulking, she felt her eyes widen in shock at the very revealing statement he made. She wondered what he could have done to make the leader hate him so much, maybe he was an evil leader's child too. Something to constantly remind the clan of rougher times as though they were a walking curse. She felt herself chew on her tongue to keep herself from blurting out a response. Did she really want to give away such a big part about herself? Though she supposed it didn't really matter, did it? He was from a different clan, she'd likely never see him again. At this point it didn't seem likely that he was truly a taddler if he thought his clan disliked him. She rolled her tongue against her teeth as the let the seconds tick by in awkward silence, trying to find the words.

"We're one in the same that way." She said carefully, deciding that there was no use in hiding it. He would find out at the next gathering anyways likely. Her tail tip had unfurled and was curling with curiosity as she watched him with her murky golden eyes. Curiosity sang through them as she waited for his answer, maybe he would reveal and she wouldn't have to attempt to press for more information. Though if he shared more with her, would she want to share more with him? She wasn't one to typically get personal but she felt as though she could here, what was the worst that could happen?
Old June 3rd, 2017, 11:28 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Quote:
[CENTER]Rather than continuing her non-chalent reactions of sulking, she felt her eyes widen in shock at the very revealing statement he made. She wondered what he could have done to make the leader hate him so much, maybe he was an evil leader's child too. Something to constantly remind the clan of rougher times as though they were a walking curse. She felt herself chew on her tongue to keep herself from blurting out a response. Did she really want to give away such a big part about herself? Though she supposed it didn't really matter, did it? He was from a different clan, she'd likely never see him again. At this point it didn't seem likely that he was truly a taddler if he thought his clan disliked him. She rolled her tongue against her teeth as the let the seconds tick by in awkward silence, trying to find the words.

"We're one in the same that way." She said carefully, deciding that there was no use in hiding it. He would find out at the next gathering anyways likely. Her tail tip had unfurled and was curling with curiosity as she watched him with her murky golden eyes. Curiosity sang through them as she waited for his answer, maybe he would reveal and she wouldn't have to attempt to press for more information. Though if he shared more with her, would she want to share more with him? She wasn't one to typically get personal but she felt as though she could here, what was the worst that could happen?

"...Really?" Brightpaw asked, not knowing that her hatred of Halestar went this far deep- though he hadn't exactly been to a gathering yet, and so he didn't know what the ShadowClan leader even looked like.Is there some kind of resemblance to the two? Of course, he didn't think of the idea that she could simply be the daughter of an evil leader, because he thought on the dot, reacting as quickly as he was able to speak. "Are you a 'mistake' of Halestar's, too?" He asked quietly, eyes widened in curiosity as he tried drawing similarities between the she-cat and what he'd heard about the leader of ShadowClan. There didn't seem to be any tension between the two clans, but they weren't allies, either- it made it a bit hard to gain information on even high-ranking cats there, and the tom hadn't cared much about it until this moment.

"Of course, that's just what everyone says- I know I'm not a mistake because Blazingstar loved my mother very much- he just likes to deny it and everything." He muttered afterwards, his tone turning bitter as he flicked his tail in frustration while talking about his father- he didn't exactly hate him, but he just wanted the cat who looked like a carbon copy of his littermate, Rowanpaw, to actually acknowledge him for once in his career.

Last edited by Fel; June 3rd, 2017 at 11:31 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 11:42 PM

Quote:

"...Really?" Brightpaw asked, not knowing that her hatred of Halestar went this far deep- though he hadn't exactly been to a gathering yet, and so he didn't know what the ShadowClan leader even looked like.Is there some kind of resemblance to the two? Of course, he didn't think of the idea that she could simply be the daughter of an evil leader, because he thought on the dot, reacting as quickly as he was able to speak. "Are you a 'mistake' of Halestar's, too?" He asked quietly, eyes widened in curiosity as he tried drawing similarities between the she-cat and what he'd heard about the leader of ShadowClan. There didn't seem to be any tension between the two clans, but they weren't allies, either- it made it a bit hard to gain information on even high-ranking cats there, and the tom hadn't cared much about it until this moment.

"Of course, that's just what everyone says- I know I'm not a mistake because Blazingstar loved my mother very much- he just likes to deny it and everything." He muttered afterwards, his tone turning bitter as he flicked his tail in frustration while talking about his father- he didn't exactly hate him, but he just wanted the cat who looked like a carbon copy of his littermate, Rowanpaw, to actually acknowledge him for once in his career. [/CENTER]
She smirked at his assumption, that gave away who his parent was. So that was much more opted information, and the fact of what his relationship was with the leader directly. Hers was a little more complicated than his because her case was an inderect cause. She hadn't done anything to the leader, she just looked much too closely like that cat. Tawnypaw must act alike her too because sometimes her mannerism caused some to grow uncomfortable around her too like her mentor who instantly picked up on how she worked and only became more guarded. She sighed and glanced over to the other cat, sharing in the loathing he was feeling.

"Not Halestar's mistake." She mumbled glumly, scraping a paw through the dirt to distract herself. She didn't really want him to know, fearing he might think she was evil too. Tawnypaw knew that she wasn't though, nobody could take that away from her, no matter how they decided to treat her. Her tail flicked behind her showing off her irritation that she was feeling.
Old June 7th, 2017, 09:37 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again

Onyxclaw, thought fierce and snappy warrior of ShadowClan, seemed hesitant to approach the dappled silver molly on the WindClan side. Taking a step towards it, the molly grinned. "Onyxclaw!" She chirped, the tom grinned. "Hello, Colbatstep.."
Old July 7th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Floating

Fennec watched the pines around him. Tall, strong and sharp. The cream Tom narrowed his eyes at the ponderosa towering above him, the sweet smell of its sap drifting towards him. Warm and comforting, and unbelievably ambrosial. Fennec wrinkled his nose in disgust. Sure: the pine thrust forth an aromatic scent, but its long, slender, bonded needles that were littered beneath Fennec could stab and poke and wound in extreme cases- just like the cats that belonged in his past.
Fennec huffed an angry breath of aromal air, he hoped his parents had gotten what they deserved. They deserved something worse then he would imagine - how could they forget their kits? They wholeheartedly dismissed Fennec, abandoned Holly, and left poor little Swift. Someone that cold and heartless didn't even deserve to be treated they way they were treated in the years their three kits were present.

Fennec remembered vividly. His mother hissing at him, pinning his tail down painfully, and telling him to look presentable. If he spoke out of turn, consequences would be severe. Later, another cat visited them; he was big and black and white, paws larger than any other he had seen.
Their parents had acted so sweet and kind, and Fennec froze when they were asked to introduce. Holly had the most hating, sarcastic tone, Swift had whispered, and he had stuttered. They didn't know what the big cat wanted, anyways.
On the walk to their shabby shelter they called home, Fennec heard Swift talking to Holly. "You'll be punished... will I? Will Fennec? Holly I'm scared. For you." Fennec blinked, imagining his little sisters talking to each other.
That night mother had turned with a horrible grin. "Holly, care to join me?" The last thing Fennec rememberd was Swift starting to weep and his hate growing.

His parents would pay. After all those days and nights, after Swift, after Holly Fennec would not forget. He wanted to find Holly and convince himself that she was not gone. He wanted to remember Swift. And he wanted to find his old, frail parents and let them know after all these moons he had remembered, and he would never forget.
Old July 7th, 2017, 10:29 PM
is totally normal hooman?

My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam View Post
Fennec watched the pines around him. Tall, strong and sharp. The cream Tom narrowed his eyes at the ponderosa towering above him, the sweet smell of its sap drifting towards him. Warm and comforting, and unbelievably ambrosial. Fennec wrinkled his nose in disgust. Sure: the pine thrust forth an aromatic scent, but its long, slender, bonded needles that were littered beneath Fennec could stab and poke and wound in extreme cases- just like the cats that belonged in his past.
Fennec huffed an angry breath of aromal air, he hoped his parents had gotten what they deserved. They deserved something worse then he would imagine - how could they forget their kits? They wholeheartedly dismissed Fennec, abandoned Holly, and left poor little Swift. Someone that cold and heartless didn't even deserve to be treated they way they were treated in the years their three kits were present.

Fennec remembered vividly. His mother hissing at him, pinning his tail down painfully, and telling him to look presentable. If he spoke out of turn, consequences would be severe. Later, another cat visited them; he was big and black and white, paws larger than any other he had seen.
Their parents had acted so sweet and kind, and Fennec froze when they were asked to introduce. Holly had the most hating, sarcastic tone, Swift had whispered, and he had stuttered. They didn't know what the big cat wanted, anyways.
On the walk to their shabby shelter they called home, Fennec heard Swift talking to Holly. "You'll be punished... will I? Will Fennec? Holly I'm scared. For you." Fennec blinked, imagining his little sisters talking to each other.
That night mother had turned with a horrible grin. "Holly, care to join me?" The last thing Fennec rememberd was Swift starting to weep and his hate growing.

His parents would pay. After all those days and nights, after Swift, after Holly Fennec would not forget. He wanted to find Holly and convince himself that she was not gone. He wanted to remember Swift. And he wanted to find his old, frail parents and let them know after all these moons he had remembered, and he would never forget.
The sound of light footsteps slowly became more apparent as a pair of young cats walked closer.

"It smells strongly of strangers," a voice mewed. The footsteps stopped for a moment. After the pause, one set of paws moved again and the other reluctantly followed. As they neared the border, their unclean scent grew strong enough to be picked up by others nearby.

The pair padded closer. They couldn't have been very old at all; they were small and bony and walked with a weak kind of slowness. The kit in front had long cream fur and a determined expression, while the little red tom following behind her seemed to be shuffling as he stared at the ground. They shared the same copper eyes and low-tailed posture, almost stepping in unison. The young littermates looked like they had been walking for a very long time.

When they reached the place where the scents of other cats grew strongest, they stopped again. The cream kit stood firmly as she mewed into the open air "Is anyone around?"