Today 04:51 PM
Ramen’s art shop
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 04:47 PM

Old May 29th, 2022, 01:03 PM
Pfp by Caspian :> Venus!

Bump Policy: Whenever, just not like 10 minutes after
My Mood: Bored

Default Re: Demons and a possible ship? (P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedShadow View Post

Xavier Wynter

Xavier kept the gun pointed at her, eyes narrowed. “I told you I didn’t need help.” He said, steadily, he was suspicious. She had met him once, and now she was following him around? It didn’t seem right, even if she had given him a helping hand earlier. “The other form. The one I met you in.” He responded sharply. It might be easier to fend her off in that one if she decided to attack. She might have helped him earlier, but it could still end up being a ruse. In any case, he didn’t want to bring her straight to Willow if she ended up being dangerous.

“I don’t trust you.” He says, simply. “And I don’t want to lead you right to my friend, just to have you kill her, or whatever it is you demons do.” He growled. He could spot the irony in it though. Everyone said draconians were demons, when they weren’t, and now here he was face to face with a real one. “I wonder what Willow will think of that.” He mutters to himself.

(Yep, bringing Willow in. Her and Xavier’s stories in the book are very closely intertwined.)
(lmao, then I have to bring in her bff)
×Willow×
she rolled her eyes, switching into the girl. she stared at him, saying, "listen, I wasn't... supposed to be a demon. but I was," she said, clenching her fists, before releasing. she noticed a small girl next to her, and smiled. "hi, janet!" she purred, picking the girl up, smiling. the tan skinned girl laughed staring at the woman in front of her.
Old May 29th, 2022, 10:57 PM
Resident Insomiac

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Panic View Post

(lmao, then I have to bring in her bff)
×Willow×
she rolled her eyes, switching into the girl. she stared at him, saying, "listen, I wasn't... supposed to be a demon. but I was," she said, clenching her fists, before releasing. she noticed a small girl next to her, and smiled. "hi, janet!" she purred, picking the girl up, smiling. the tan skinned girl laughed staring at the woman in front of her.

Xavier Wynter

Xavier’s gun wavered from the demon toy he other girl that appeared. What was going on? He was confused as well as suspicious, and he decided that the best course of action was to ask questions. “Who- who are you two?” He growled, looking from one to the other. “And why are you even here? You,” He said, facing the woman he’d seen shift. “Followed me. I’d not know why, but you did, how do I know you’re not going to kill me?” He asked, skeptically.

His gaze shifted the the mountains. Or, maybe they were using him to get to Willow, she’d probably be a better target for a demon than a human. “Or are you trying to hurt my friend?” He asked, sharply.

Life Finds A Way Sign-Ups

Lilykit Family Adopts
I don’t have a bump policy, so go ahead and bump me whenever!
Going through a lot right now, so replies will be a bit slow for awhile.
Old May 30th, 2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:

Xavier Wynter

Xavier’s gun wavered from the demon toy he other girl that appeared. What was going on? He was confused as well as suspicious, and he decided that the best course of action was to ask questions. “Who- who are you two?” He growled, looking from one to the other. “And why are you even here? You,” He said, facing the woman he’d seen shift. “Followed me. I’d not know why, but you did, how do I know you’re not going to kill me?” He asked, skeptically.

His gaze shifted the the mountains. Or, maybe they were using him to get to Willow, she’d probably be a better target for a demon than a human. “Or are you trying to hurt my friend?” He asked, sharply.
~Willow~
"seriously, i help you get away from your father, the one who had been using you, i tell you i'm here to protect you, i follow you here and do as you ask, and you act this way? maybe this was a bad idea. you're almost as selfish as that father of yours. he acted the exact same way when i was his guardian!" she hissed, turning around and sighing. "it might be because i have never done my job right. she sighed, wiping tears that had appeared from her eyes. "maybe i should just leave you. let you see if you can survive on your own."
Old May 30th, 2022, 10:05 AM
Resident Insomiac

Quote:

~Willow~
"seriously, i help you get away from your father, the one who had been using you, i tell you i'm here to protect you, i follow you here and do as you ask, and you act this way? maybe this was a bad idea. you're almost as selfish as that father of yours. he acted the exact same way when i was his guardian!" she hissed, turning around and sighing. "it might be because i have never done my job right. she sighed, wiping tears that had appeared from her eyes. "maybe i should just leave you. let you see if you can survive on your own."

(That was . . . Probably the wrong thing for her to say. XD)
Xavier Wynter

Xavier blinked in surprise, but then that turned to anger, and his finger tightened ever so slightly on the trigger. “You were his guardian?? No wonder he got away with so much!” He hissed. “And you say you came here to protect me? Then why didn’t you when you were his guardian. You must’ve saw what was going on, what he was doing to me! Hell, you probably could have saved me the trouble of getting this!” He seethed, pointing to his shoulder where his brand was, though it was currently covered by his sleeve. “You think that statement is going to get you in my good graces? Admitting that you were protecting my father while he did all those horrible things?” Xavier was on a roll now, anger evident in his voice.

“And maybe I am, I’d like to be, for once in my life. Maybe if I was selfish I wouldn’t have done what my father asked, and countless people would still be alive!” There it was, now the pain was talking. “And even if you were really here just to help me, do you really think I’d be stupid enough to trust anyone that easily?” He snapped. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned during my time there, it’s that you can’t trust anyone unless they prove to you that they can.” He said, sharply. “So, you want me to trust you so bad? Give me a reason.” He thought for a second. “Other than killing my father, because you could have had multiple different reasons for doing that.” He said.

Lilykit Family Adopts
Old May 30th, 2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:

(That was . . . Probably the wrong thing for her to say. XD)
Xavier Wynter

Xavier blinked in surprise, but then that turned to anger, and his finger tightened ever so slightly on the trigger. “You were his guardian?? No wonder he got away with so much!” He hissed. “And you say you came here to protect me? Then why didn’t you when you were his guardian. You must’ve saw what was going on, what he was doing to me! Hell, you probably could have saved me the trouble of getting this!” He seethed, pointing to his shoulder where his brand was, though it was currently covered by his sleeve. “You think that statement is going to get you in my good graces? Admitting that you were protecting my father while he did all those horrible things?” Xavier was on a roll now, anger evident in his voice.

“And maybe I am, I’d like to be, for once in my life. Maybe if I was selfish I wouldn’t have done what my father asked, and countless people would still be alive!” There it was, now the pain was talking. “And even if you were really here just to help me, do you really think I’d be stupid enough to trust anyone that easily?” He snapped. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned during my time there, it’s that you can’t trust anyone unless they prove to you that they can.” He said, sharply. “So, you want me to trust you so bad? Give me a reason.” He thought for a second. “Other than killing my father, because you could have had multiple different reasons for doing that.” He said.
~Willow~
"i was his guardian when he was your age! I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING TO HIM!" she hissed, before noticing the small girl in her arms cover her ears. "oh, sorry hon'. too loud..." she mumbled, falling to her knees. "i don't have one. i was hoping that you wouldn't have listened to him. if you don't trust anyone, no one's gonna trust you. ever," she said, looking different. a tall, tan-skinned girl with freckles, blue eyes, and long brown hair. "i know that." her back had a large scar marking, resembling that of a lightning bolt. "i had a family that treated me the exact same way."
Old May 30th, 2022, 10:55 AM
Resident Insomiac

Quote:

~Willow~
"i was his guardian when he was your age! I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING TO HIM!" she hissed, before noticing the small girl in her arms cover her ears. "oh, sorry hon'. too loud..." she mumbled, falling to her knees. "i don't have one. i was hoping that you wouldn't have listened to him. if you don't trust anyone, no one's gonna trust you. ever," she said, looking different. a tall, tan-skinned girl with freckles, blue eyes, and long brown hair. "i know that." her back had a large scar marking, resembling that of a lightning bolt. "i had a family that treated me the exact same way."
Xavier Wynter

“What if I don’t want anyone to trust me?”

The words slipped out before he could stop them, and he looked down for a moment, and the gun wavered. It was true. All you got from trust was betrayal, and he knew how painful that was, he’d experienced it hundreds of times. The last he wanted was to bring that pain upon someone, to be the source of that pain, and not being trusted seemed to be the easiest way to avoid that. Of course, she did have a point, even if he didn’t quite want to put it into practice. This wasn’t something he wanted to to trial and error on.

Her last words made him out the gun down, as if the weight of them gathered on the gun in his hands, forcing him to lower it. He grimaced. She could be telling the truth, and even if she wasn’t, he didn’t want to risk killing someone who could have been through what he did. There was a drawn out second of hesitation, before he holstered the gun. “Fine.” He said, uneasily. “But I still can’t take you where I’m going. It’s not just about my safety.”

Lilykit Family Adopts
Old May 30th, 2022, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Xavier Wynter

“What if I don’t want anyone to trust me?”

The words slipped out before he could stop them, and he looked down for a moment, and the gun wavered. It was true. All you got from trust was betrayal, and he knew how painful that was, he’d experienced it hundreds of times. The last he wanted was to bring that pain upon someone, to be the source of that pain, and not being trusted seemed to be the easiest way to avoid that. Of course, she did have a point, even if he didn’t quite want to put it into practice. This wasn’t something he wanted to to trial and error on.

Her last words made him out the gun down, as if the weight of them gathered on the gun in his hands, forcing him to lower it. He grimaced. She could be telling the truth, and even if she wasn’t, he didn’t want to risk killing someone who could have been through what he did. There was a drawn out second of hesitation, before he holstered the gun. “Fine.” He said, uneasily. “But I still can’t take you where I’m going. It’s not just about my safety.”
~Glitch~
she nodded, her eyes sharpening on him as he spoke. "i understand. i'll wait here," she said, watching him carefully. she then looked at the girl in her arms, sighing and brushing her hair back. this girl... nothing she had ever been through could compare to her. a marionette. used by her parents. the only one who cared disappearing... she had been through so much... and yet, never spoke the way they did. it might have been fear, or a knowing that the one who cared, that she would be back. her eyes sharpened, and she watched as the girl opened her green eyes, smiling, and starting to use her strings to make music. beautiful music, of that.
Old May 30th, 2022, 05:56 PM
Resident Insomiac

Quote:

~Glitch~
she nodded, her eyes sharpening on him as he spoke. "i understand. i'll wait here," she said, watching him carefully. she then looked at the girl in her arms, sighing and brushing her hair back. this girl... nothing she had ever been through could compare to her. a marionette. used by her parents. the only one who cared disappearing... she had been through so much... and yet, never spoke the way they did. it might have been fear, or a knowing that the one who cared, that she would be back. her eyes sharpened, and she watched as the girl opened her green eyes, smiling, and starting to use her strings to make music. beautiful music, of that.

Xavier Wynter

Xavier watched the two with a slight pang of loss. He wished his parents had treated him like that, instead of a weapon to be wielded, thrown around, and discarded as they saw fit. Shaking his head he turned towards the mountains and strode away. He stopped after he made it a handful of yards away and looks back. “Maybe- . . . Maybe if she wants, I’ll come back.” He said, the words spilling out of their own volition. He blinked in surprise of his own words before turning and continuing up the rocky terrain.

It would be awhile before he returned.

When he did, it was dusk, the sun setting fire to the sky around it, clouds infused with a glow. With him was a pale, lean young woman with braided red hair, striking amber eyes, and giant, dragon-like wings. She seemed to be wary and guarded, each step and turn of her head calculated. The shadows around her darkened as she moved through them, and her stare was intense and measuring, giving her the unsettling air of a predator about to strike. Xavier gestured from the young woman to Glitch. “We’ll, This is the friend I didn’t want to lead you to. I guess she decided to take chances today.”

Lilykit Family Adopts
Old May 30th, 2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:

Xavier Wynter

Xavier watched the two with a slight pang of loss. He wished his parents had treated him like that, instead of a weapon to be wielded, thrown around, and discarded as they saw fit. Shaking his head he turned towards the mountains and strode away. He stopped after he made it a handful of yards away and looks back. “Maybe- . . . Maybe if she wants, I’ll come back.” He said, the words spilling out of their own volition. He blinked in surprise of his own words before turning and continuing up the rocky terrain.

It would be awhile before he returned.

When he did, it was dusk, the sun setting fire to the sky around it, clouds infused with a glow. With him was a pale, lean young woman with braided red hair, striking amber eyes, and giant, dragon-like wings. She seemed to be wary and guarded, each step and turn of her head calculated. The shadows around her darkened as she moved through them, and her stare was intense and measuring, giving her the unsettling air of a predator about to strike. Xavier gestured from the young woman to Glitch. “We’ll, This is the friend I didn’t want to lead you to. I guess she decided to take chances today.”
~Glitch~
she sighed and said, "you still don't trust me... and yet, you came back?" she said, raising an eyebrow, setting the girl down, and looking at the people. she sighed and brushed back the younger girl's long, black hair, standing up. "nice to meet you, darling," she said, setting her hands behind her back. her hair was braided back, and she smiled, staring at willow with kind eyes.
Old May 30th, 2022, 10:31 PM
Resident Insomiac

Quote:

~Glitch~
she sighed and said, "you still don't trust me... and yet, you came back?" she said, raising an eyebrow, setting the girl down, and looking at the people. she sighed and brushed back the younger girl's long, black hair, standing up. "nice to meet you, darling," she said, setting her hands behind her back. her hair was braided back, and she smiled, staring at willow with kind eyes.

Xavier Wynter

Unsure of how to respond, I shrug a bit halfheartedly. How was I supposed to explain that I found her claims of knowing what I’ve been through intriguing? Or did I even want to tell her? At this point, all that I know is that I’m equally curious, confused, and definitely baffled by this . . . Demon? Turning to face Willow, I introduce her to the demon, knowing that Willow won’t do it herself. “This is Willow Brokenshadow, my sister.” I can feel a small smile cross my face as I say it. We may not be family in the usual sense, but I learned long ago that family isn’t blood, it’s the people you trusted and felt safe around. “She’s a draconian, if you know what that is.” I add uncertainly, unsure of how much the demon knows.

“Anyways, yes, I came back, I have questions for you regarding my father.” My eyes narrow as my tone turns serious again. I wasn’t about to let her off the hook for that. “But for now, since you seem intent on following me, I needed Willow’s permission for you to enter her territory. She wanted to evaluate you herself. She’s not a very trusting person.” I say, raising an eyebrow. “So, I’d be very well behaved.” I realize as the words leave my mouth that the words sound like a warning, when I had just meant them as advice.

Lilykit Family Adopts