Last post by Luminous
Today 03:21 AM

Old September 13th, 2017, 07:23 PM
constantly tired

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Juniperpaw came from a family of rather optimistic felines, and unfortunately, anyone outside her family that she dared attempt to befriend were on the more pessimistic side of life. However, her flamboyant nature just seemed to fit in with those who were not as outgoing as her. She didn't typically mind surrounding herself with not-so-happy felines, but it occasionally had the tendency to bring her own mood down. Especially nowadays she was suffocated in negative emotions, just about nobody approving of her chosen path.

Determined to bring the sad cat's mood up, Juniperpaw grinned brightly, contrasting against Runningpaw's rather sour expression. Her tail swept against the ground behind her, her neck craned where she could look down at the other apprentice. Her green eyes had brightened, the darker and lighter flecks among the leaf-colored depths popping into existence. ``Why so serious?`` Before Runningpaw could even slip a word in, Juniperpaw was laughing and snorting at her strange choice of words. Her head was dipped and thrown back as she laughed, her eyes closed tightly and her nose wrinkled.

Finally calming down, exhaling shakily, Juniperpaw made a move to sit down. She sank back on her haunches, curling her tail at her side. She didn't bother with her posture, hunched over and head hanging low. Her eyes were soft, warm and welcoming, and she wore a small smile to compliment her gentle features. ``In all seriousness, though, why - the mouse is for you, by the way - why are you so down?`` Juniperpaw tilted her head to the side slightly, eyes narrowed in concern and curiosity.
(Sorry for not replying ^^!) @AbsurdJinx

Runningpaw herself was exactly a pretty optimistic, fun-loving, and outgoing cat in terms of personality. Well... before her mother died, technically to be specific. It's toned down at bit nowadays, due to a lot of things that has happened in her life in the last few moons in her kithood. Runningpaw really would like to get over the death of Minnowstream. But... she just somehow just couldn't, it was more difficult than it sounded. Getting over it seemed to be slow, and agonizing. Runningpaw just wanted to be herself again, and not be the depressing heap of fur she was currently. For once, could she just be innocent, carefree, and happy like she was before?

Innocence goes away at one point. But to Runningpaw, it seemed to be too soon. Too soon indeed. Runningpaw gave Juniperpaw a small, kind smile at the joke. She let out a rather quiet chuckle, shifting her position a little. Her eyes were gleaming, and the joke seemed to lighten her mood just a bit. But, depression can't be cured overnight, or day even. The gleam went away in just a few seconds. Runningpaw blinked, and looked down at the mouse, and looked up at Juniperpaw again.

"Oh.. thank you.." She looked slightly uncomfortable at the question, and she shifted her paws and her ears flicked as she waited a few moments to think it over before telling the apprentice why she was.. sad. Her brows furrowed a bit, and she finally replied. "Well..." Runningpaw started, her ears pinning against her head. "My... mother a few moons ago, and my two littermates disappeared.. a day before my apprentice ceremony, and haven't been back since. My dad... he says their dead.. and I... I'm still not over it..." She lowered her head down, a frown appearing on her features, eyes glistening in grief, and memory of those days.

Last edited by seasalt; September 15th, 2017 at 09:04 PM.
Old September 13th, 2017, 07:58 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
He let Russet nuzzle his side, Whisperblazes body relaxed instantly under his touch. He hadnt realized how tense he was until he let go of his breath. He sighed, looking at the ground. This had been a long time coming, a very long time. ¨When I joined Riverclan I told everyone I was a loner,¨ his mew was soft, quiet. He avoided Russets gaze. ¨But Im from Shadowclan. My name was Silentpaw when I left.¨ he felt terrible about this, he even covered up his own name. ¨I left because I was abused...emotionally and physically. Clawpaws here, my sister. I can see why she called me nothing b-but a pet and a liar.¨ his voice trembled at the last part, reviewing what she had said to him. Youre Russets PET, a COWARD. It stung, it really did. He couldnt even stick up to his own family, resorting to running away from them. he left everything behind. his family, his home, his everything to rebuild that here. It felt like a weight off of his chest to tell Russet about it. But again, he didnt want him to look at him differently. He didnt want him to look at him like a liar. ¨S..she said some things I dont disagree with. Im no better then my family.¨
...well, this wasn't exactly what russetstar had been expecting. to be quite honest, he hadn't really known what to expect- maybe he was being bullied, but this? this was irredeemable. whisperblaze was such a kind cat- why would anyone ever want to hurt him like that? he couldn't care less where he was from, but rage was still boiling up inside of him. not because of whisperblaze's lie, but what his family had done to him- that his sister was doing this right now. he was a leader- he should've done something to stop this already. why couldn't he see this? "...whisperblaze... you didn't deserve any of that, darling, I love you..." he whispered, nuzzling into his mate's cheek as his eyes narrowed in a spike of anger. "...clawpaw will be dealt with, i promise you- nobody will ever hurt you, ever again."
Old September 13th, 2017, 09:38 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

@Clover

What did I do in life to deserve this? The white-furred warrior lay somberly in the clearing, her head between her paws and her blue eyes closed. She may have looked like she was sleeping, but the feline had not gotten sleep in days. Even though her best friend, Scorchingflame, was back, it still wasn't enough to take her mind off all of the horrible things that had happened to her lately. And now, as she was trying to get some rest, she was remembering back to all of the bad things that happened in her life.
She had been born into a family of cats with trust issues, anger issues, dramatic issues, and all of that. Her mother had never really been the mother she needed. Seablaze was too abrupt and sassy for Shellfeather to handle. So, she only visited her mother when she absolutely had to. Her two littermate brothers were gone, both of them supposed dead. And her father had never been around much. Her sister was a whole nother bad story, bad influence that affected Shellfeather's life greatly. Then there was her younger brother. Shellfeather felt like Tumblestep was the only good thing in life she still had. Everything and everyone else brought back bad memories. Even Scorchingflame. She tried not to think about the bad things that specific things or cats brought to her mind, as she knew that they wee innocent and didn't know they'd hurt her. Although some did know they had hurt her. But of course they wouldn't do anything about it.
Shellfeather just wanted to restart her life. She wanted to take a big step back all the way to when she was born. She could've encouraged her parents more rather than ignoring them for their behavior. She could have spent more time with Softglow and seen what was making her so upset. She could've devoted her life to another tomcat, a tomcat that made her feel even better than Russetstar ever had. She could've raised kits in a stable family. But, Shellfeather knew she couldn't rewind. "But I can take a step forward, continue on, and change as I am going." The feline lifted her head, her blue eyes suddenly gaining more spark to them. Her son Spicepaw had always been an inspiration to her, he was so strong and could handle change very well. And for the young cat he still was, Shellfeather found him quite wise and full of helpful life advice. But that is what she needed to do. Take a step forwards, and change her life as she went, adapting and creating things the way she imagined them. I still have some youth in me. I still have time.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old September 14th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

@woly

Having just finished her meal with Dewheart, Nightpaw glimpsed the unmistakable golden color of Daypaw's fur there in the clearing. "Daypaw!" Nightpaw gasped, as she darted the the rock where she had left something she'd found in the woods while out with Skunkbelly. She picked it up in her teeth and scampered toward the medicine cat at full speed, "Daypaw! Daypaw! Daypaw!" The little black shecat stopped in her tracks right in front of the medicine can and dropped a long-stalked plant on the ground in front of them. "I found this plant in the woods. I brought it back in case it was one of your... herbs." Nightpaw had gathered that this was a more clan-appropriate way to say, 'weird-smelling plant.'

(I'll let you decide what kind of plant it is. It could be an herb. It could be piece of tall grass for all Nightpaw knows.)

Old September 14th, 2017, 06:49 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenic! View Post
...well, this wasn't exactly what russetstar had been expecting. to be quite honest, he hadn't really known what to expect- maybe he was being bullied, but this? this was irredeemable. whisperblaze was such a kind cat- why would anyone ever want to hurt him like that? he couldn't care less where he was from, but rage was still boiling up inside of him. not because of whisperblaze's lie, but what his family had done to him- that his sister was doing this right now. he was a leader- he should've done something to stop this already. why couldn't he see this? "...whisperblaze... you didn't deserve any of that, darling, I love you..." he whispered, nuzzling into his mate's cheek as his eyes narrowed in a spike of anger. "...clawpaw will be dealt with, i promise you- nobody will ever hurt you, ever again."
Whispers eyes widened. He was not..expecting that reaction. Such a loving, comforting one. He was expecting for Russet to call him a liar, pester him and ask him why he didnt tell him sooner. But instead, he was only met with loving eyes, a soft touch to his fur and a mumble of I love yous, and small sweet words. He gave a small smile, a genuine one, unlike before. ¨I love you too,¨ his voice was quiet, closing his eyes and leaning into the toms touch. It honestly felt like the biggest weight off of his shoulders to tell Russet that. He had been keeping the secret for so long now. His ears twitched at Russets words. He felt...safe. Protected. ¨You dont have to fight my battles for me,love. I can deal with Clawpaw on my own.¨Ḧe didnt want to drag Russet into his family problems, he didnt want Clawpaw to look at him like some pet that couldnt fight his own wars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@woly

Having just finished her meal with Dewheart, Nightpaw glimpsed the unmistakable golden color of Daypaw's fur there in the clearing. "Daypaw!" Nightpaw gasped, as she darted the the rock where she had left something she'd found in the woods while out with Skunkbelly. She picked it up in her teeth and scampered toward the medicine cat at full speed, "Daypaw! Daypaw! Daypaw!" The little black shecat stopped in her tracks right in front of the medicine can and dropped a long-stalked plant on the ground in front of them. "I found this plant in the woods. I brought it back in case it was one of your... herbs." Nightpaw had gathered that this was a more clan-appropriate way to say, 'weird-smelling plant.'

(I'll let you decide what kind of plant it is. It could be an herb. It could be piece of tall grass for all Nightpaw knows.)
Daypaw had been standing out in the sunlight, debating on where to rest for the day. Less pateints had been coming in lately, but the nightmares didnt let up. So, inroder to get energy some how, they would sun bath, letting the vitamins from the light heal them naturally. Interupting their peace, they soon had an apprentice shoved in their face in a matter of seconds. Eyes focusing, they realized it was Lucky..er,Nightpaw(it was something to get used to), letting their aggression fade quickly. They raised an eyebrow, taking a glance at the plant. They gave a small scoff,¨Thats just weird smelling grass, no herb I could treat a cat with.¨ they didnt expect Nightpaw to know their herbs, but they were impressed that she had even thought about them in the first place. THye gave the smallest smile,¨I appreciate the thought, though.¨
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

Geckoleaf, up until that point, had been gently grooming the unkempt pelt of the enby, working through tangles, pulling out, although softly, briars and twigs that managed to stick in the golden fur. For a moment, she admired the golden fur of her child; it seemed to glow softly, with the sun refracting through each yellow hair. A smile flickered across her face, but was buried under a small swell of the all-too-familiar grief; Daypaw was so like Cricketpaw, almost like a second Cricketpaw. But in another second, she reminded herself, sharply, that Daypaw was their own self; they were entirely different from Cricketpaw, and had their own quirks and issues. And, besides that, they were alive. With a sharp swallow, she stopped grooming the enby, instead of relaxing her head against their neck.

At their question, she perked her ears, slightly, but didn't move her head. Daypaw's voice carried a certain edge to it, though they couldn't pin point what certain quality it carried. "Daypaw, you can ask me anything, and I will answer as well as I can,"she replied, calmly, her blue eyes slowly closing as she waited for the answer of the golden cat.
Daypaw didnt know how to word this right. It was a new feeling, it felt like they were almost sharing Geckoleaf. They were protective of her, very protective, and would defend Geckoleaf till their last breath. But they saw the realism in the world and were blunt about it, no matter how rude it may sound or how it could hurt people. They paused for a moment, thinking how theyd go over it in their head to not sound insensitive. They were all trying to move on from Crockets death, and Juniperpaw was only a reminder of how long ago her death truly was, even if it felt like only yesterday to them. But they needed to say it, someone had to.

¨Juniperpaw had told me you hadnt been exactly...enthusiastic at her ceremony.¨ they mewed, words slow as they stared at the ground, moving their gaze to their mother, not one sliver of hesitance in their eyes. ¨She told me you and Russetstar had been treating her differently, is that true?¨
Old September 14th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post

Daypaw had been standing out in the sunlight, debating on where to rest for the day. Less pateints had been coming in lately, but the nightmares didnt let up. So, inroder to get energy some how, they would sun bath, letting the vitamins from the light heal them naturally. Interupting their peace, they soon had an apprentice shoved in their face in a matter of seconds. Eyes focusing, they realized it was Lucky..er,Nightpaw(it was something to get used to), letting their aggression fade quickly. They raised an eyebrow, taking a glance at the plant. They gave a small scoff,¨Thats just weird smelling grass, no herb I could treat a cat with.¨ they didnt expect Nightpaw to know their herbs, but they were impressed that she had even thought about them in the first place. THye gave the smallest smile,¨I appreciate the thought, though.¨

[/FONT]
"Ah mouse dung!" Nightpaw meowed, trying out the curse she had heard a few apprentices using in the apprentice den. "Oh well, what have you been up to today?" She all at once noticed how tired the medicine cat looked. "Oh no! Were you just about to take a nap? I interrupted didn't I?"

Old September 14th, 2017, 11:05 PM

My Mood: Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggedclaw View Post
Mudtail yawned, still purring softly. "You could have said it sooner Splashfeather." She teased playfully as she stretched out some.
The warrior grinned, "But how would I have known then that you liked me?" He asked, continuing to nuzzle the beautiful molly. Splashfeather's eyes shone as he watched the she-cat, he could watch her all day, the tom thought that Mudtail was the most beautiful molly to ever grace the clans.
Old September 14th, 2017, 11:53 PM
In ConstantState of Tired

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBandits View Post
"Ohhh." Mulberrykit righted her head and gave a big nod, showing her understanding quite noticeably. That's why it smells of dead things; these cats smell like dead things! Thinking back on what she'd said, though, she now regretted the bluntness and ill-mannered question she'd asked on my moments ago. "Sorry." She spoke sincerely and dropped her head a bit, showing she ment what she'd said. I guess I was kinda rude... The young she-kit prayed to StarClan that none of the RiverClan cats had heard her remark or taken heed of it, as she didn't want her Clan to be kicked out because of her. And then where will we go, if we can't go back to our home?

That raised an important question for Mulberrykit. "But why are we here in the first place?" She asked Tigerpaw, lifting her head and tilting it once more. "I mean, I know there's lots of water and stuff, but why'd we have to leave? I'm not saying I hate it here, but what's wrong with our water-filled territory?" And am I gonna have to eat a fish!? She nearly shuddered at the thought. The few land-dwelling prey pieces the RiverClan cats had gotten for their temporary residents couldn't last forever, and they seemed to be good at catching the fish, as some cats always returned to the camp with big, scaly water creatures in their mouths. No offence, RiverClan, but I don't wanna eat your fish! "And will we have to eat their fish?" This time Mulberrykit did shudder, as the thought of eating an animal from the water made her stomach twist and her eyes cross. I'll stay as long as I'm not required to eat those!

Tigerpaw was glad the kit had realized what she said could be taken very rudely. She tilted her head to the side as the kit asked her questions, her green hues shifted around as she thought about how she was going to answer. "Well, since there is so much water it is very difficult for us to travel around our territory, making it hard to hunt or get herbs for Daypaw. Also, the prey has either ran away or was killed by the water so we wouldn't have anything to eat, and all the herbs were probably destroyed by the water too. Camp probably has taken damage as well so that means it would be hard to sleep there. We have to wait for the water to go away so we can actually travel to camp and start rebuilding it." She finally said. She hoped the information was easy for the kit to understand, she didn't want to confuse her. "Oh, and they catch other pray then fish but it may not be available in the fresh kill pile, so you might have to eat some." She added.

If you'd like to interact with Onyxwhisper, please PM or visitor message me!

Old September 15th, 2017, 03:32 AM
Gay Trash

Gender: I IDENTIFY AS A SHINY RAINBOW UNICORN XD Kidding, i'm male.
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Breadsticks~ View Post
The warrior grinned, "But how would I have known then that you liked me?" He asked, continuing to nuzzle the beautiful molly. Splashfeather's eyes shone as he watched the she-cat, he could watch her all day, the tom thought that Mudtail was the most beautiful molly to ever grace the clans.
"I have always loved you.." She murmured softly to him; a smile on her face as she did so.
Old September 15th, 2017, 07:32 AM
a lonely nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBunny View Post
Tigerpaw was glad the kit had realized what she said could be taken very rudely. She tilted her head to the side as the kit asked her questions, her green hues shifted around as she thought about how she was going to answer. "Well, since there is so much water it is very difficult for us to travel around our territory, making it hard to hunt or get herbs for Daypaw. Also, the prey has either ran away or was killed by the water so we wouldn't have anything to eat, and all the herbs were probably destroyed by the water too. Camp probably has taken damage as well so that means it would be hard to sleep there. We have to wait for the water to go away so we can actually travel to camp and start rebuilding it." She finally said. She hoped the information was easy for the kit to understand, she didn't want to confuse her. "Oh, and they catch other pray then fish but it may not be available in the fresh kill pile, so you might have to eat some." She added.
You mean I actually have to eat them?! Mulberrykit opened her mouth to complain, then closed it as she thought about what she was saying. She'd already been rude once that day; complaining about something else would definitely hinder her track record. Well if complaining might be rude, how can anyone know what I like and don't like? The young kit looked up at Tigerpaw, showing disgust, anger, and even a bit of fear through her amber orbs. If she couldn't verbally voice her opinions, she'd find other ways to get her point across. Besides, she seems to get me. I think she'll understand what I mean. The she-kit really liked the apprentice, as they seemed to get one another. Maybe we can be friends when I become and apprentice!

It'd been ten seconds, and Mulberrykit hadn't said anything. This must be a new record, she thought, awed. She was never, not ever quiet, not even when others were talking. She felt it was necessary for her voice to be heard... even though no one listened. Since she was just a kit, no one took her ideas seriously, except her siblings and the other, younger kits. Maybe she will... "What's your name?" She randomly questioned, letting her other emotions leave her eyes in hopes Tigerpaw had received her message. "I'm Mulberrykit, and I'll be an apprentice soon, like you!" She grinned, her tail swishing from side to side slowly. She was extremely happy considering she'd just been angry and upset, but that was the kit for ya; frustrated one moment, but excited the second you switch topics.

Profile picture by the wonderous Ever!