Today 06:18 PM
Theraphosa's Spider Den of...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 06:17 PM

Old May 25th, 2022, 10:41 PM
Leader of Nazarick

Bump Policy: Once every 3 or 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Last Wolves On Earth #2 (Private)

bump

ALL SHALL BOW TO THE GREAT AINZ OOAL GOWN

The best way to get a hold of me is through my discord: Slimmothy #5927
Old May 30th, 2022, 04:45 PM
Leader of Nazarick

@Shadow
As promised

Karma laid in the grass, his playful attitude really showed out as a pup. There was nothing he wanted to do more than play. His parents loved it, they even encouraged more playing for him saying that it would help him when he grew up to be a bigger, stronger wolf than others. He always looked up to his parents, they were strong, agile and so loving towards him. Later in his life, his play turned into more of training, his parents going from more encouraging, to teaching and strict lessons. Karma loved every second of it, getting stronger, faster, better at everything. Soon the time would come where he could challenge his parents to a battle. If he passed, they would let him go, to live his own life knowing that they raised a mature wolf who could do no wrong. If he failed....no he wouldn't fail. There was no possible way he would fail. One night, he told himself that he would challenge them the next day. It felt like it had been a long time coming, but he knew now was the time where he could say goodbye to them and move on to the next stage of his life. Yes it was perfect. It would be a great way to say goodbye to his parents. His day started off as normal as a family could get. Hunted together. Ate together. Relaxed. This was when Karma told his parents about challenging them. That was when all relaxation stopped for the three of them and things became serious. After resting in the sun, the three knew what was to come. Karma spent the whole rest of the day training by himself, using every technique that was learned to him. He knew he had to be calm, but he couldn't help but feel a tinge of nervousness fall over him. It was after all his ultimate test to adulthood. The day seemed to speed up to him as the sun started to set. He took a deep breath and made his way back to his parents. His walk was slow, wanting to stall as much time to calm himself down. He was physically ready. Mentally, however, he seemed unprepared. He had to shake the doubts from his head. He must be confident that would be his way to victory. After motivating himself enough he sped up his pace and came face to face with his parents. There were no words in this stare down. No small talk, no parent to pup moment. From now until the battle ended, Karma could only look at these two as enemies. And he would use what he was taught to take them down. He made the first move and attacked. The battle was long and vicious, the trio fighting well into the night until finally, Karma had defeated them. He was breathing heavily, struggling to catch his breath and had multiple claw and bite marks on him. But he smiled in victory. "I have won!" He proclaimed and the two wolves he just fought, were his family again as they gave him his congratulations. He had done it, he had become a better wolf than his parents. The three agreed to spend the next day as celebration before they sent Karma on his way but before they did that, they heard a noise. The three immediately turned to the noise and saw a wolf. "Who are you and what are you doing here." Karma heard his father say. It only sent Karma chills when the wolf replied, "Only three wolves. A pity. This wont be much of a fight." These words enraged Karma as he snarled at the wolf. "Don't underestimate our power." The unknown wolf turned his head to Karma and locked eyes with him a smile appearing on his face. Karma stood his ground, but it took everything for him to not cower away in fear. "You have so much to learn little one. Let me show you how much you have yet to understand." Karma did not understand what he meant by that, but he didn't have time to think about it before he saw the wolf close the distance on the three, now in front of their faces. Karma barely had time to react to the paw swipe aimed for his head but he managed to roll out of the way and countered with a leap of his own as he was confident that it this would be an easy fight.
The fight was quick, but much to Karma's disbelief, it was him and his parents on the back foot. All three could barely muster a scratch on his fur. Meanwhile, the three wolves fighting him had more scratches and marks on each of their fur, blood dripping from some of the new marks made by the wolf. The wolf walked up to Karma Karma's mother, she could barely move as she was seemingly injured in the battle. "It was rather unlucky for you to meet me on this day." Karma looked to his father who was unconscious at this current second, then back to the wolf on top of her mother who tried her best to fight the wolf away from her, but a swift bite to her throat soon stilled her fighting as the life left her body. He wished he could do something, but his body refused to move due to the sheer exhaustion from two hard fights back to back. He could do nothing but watch as the wolf went to his father and do the same, his unconscious body unable to fight the death bite that soon came to him. Then the wolf looked his direction. Karma should've been scared of this wolf, terrified that his life would too be taken, but instead he was....fascinated by this wolf. He was stronger, more agile, a better strategist to take on three well trained wolves and win in convincing fashion. His eyes lit up with the want of learning from the wolf. The want to improve on what he thought was the best skills he could have. The wolf now mere paw lengths in front of him must have seen this look and he chuckled. "I see the look in your eyes. You must want the power, the intelligence, the nimbleness I have." Karma could not stop himself from nodding his head to answer his questions. "Very well. I can tell from your desire alone you will not fail in being my successor. Consider yourself lucky, pup." Karma didn't know how to put it, but the term "lucky" stuck to him for some reason. So the lucky ones got to live? Then the unlucky ones.... He looked to his parents, a wave of grief filled him, but it was only temporary as new excitement filled him. He looked back to the wolf only to his surprise, not find him anywhere. He did hear his voice clear in his ear though. "Rest well. Our training starts tomorrow."

(Typing up Part 2 to this now cause Im pretty sure Im running our of characters)

Old June 13th, 2022, 04:10 PM
Leader of Nazarick

The next few months were hard on Karma, or moreso, the training was hard on Karma. He knew he could do it, but his limits were definitely tested day in and day out. Physically, Karma was seeing very great improvement, getting stronger, faster, more nimble than he ever could be. Mentally however, Karma wasn't as fast as he was physically. This wolf would always talk about being lucky or unlucky. It always confused Karma, he didn't know what it meant and this wolf wouldn't give him an answer for it whenever he asked. One day, however, when the wolf thought Karma had learned enough, and passed everything, he gave Karma the meaning of what it meant to be lucky and unlucky. (No you don't get it here because Karma will tell either Athena or Sunset what it is later)
Finally understanding what he had meant all those times ago when we met all those "unlucky wolves" while we were walking or training. It had all made sense to him. He let the information fully sink into his soul, a smile grew upon his face. "I wish to challenge you to a duel." Karma told the wolf and stopped walking. The wolf was confused, but nodded. After all, running away from a challenge is one of the most unlucky things you can do.
The battle was long and fierce, fought with much more execution and skill than Karma could've even imagined. With one quick maneuver, however, he managed to take down the wolf and smiled. "I see the student has beaten the master." He said. How unlucky for you." Before the wolf pinned could react, he bit down hard on his throat. The kicking and struggling only last for a short time before the wolf stilled. Karma released his grip and smiled, blood covering his fur, though it was hard to tell because of his color. "That's for my parents." He said sadistically. He looked around him. "I suppose I should follow his footsteps. Rid the world of all those that are unlucky. Who knows, maybe I'll find some keepers."

Old June 13th, 2022, 08:24 PM
Loyal Follower of Ainz

My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainz Ooal Gown View Post
Athena's mind was still racing at a million miles an hour. She didn't think the fastest rabbit could catch her mind right now. Her head turned to him, doing her best to not show that he was blushing and listened to him. Hearing his ideas of activities to do on any other day, she would've jumped for joy at them. "But this time, her brain froze. What was this pup trying to do? Was he trying to show her something she hadn't seen before? Maybe show her a new game that she would find fun? Why was she asking these questions the way she did? "N-No." She stuttered. "That's ok. You can pick. I'm n-not that picky about what we do." She said looking away again as her blush started to come back. Stop blushing! She tried to command herself. He's just being a pup! Nothing more. Stop making it seem like it's anything more.

Celestia's eyes opened when she heard Matasi walk into the den. She didn't know how much she needed to hear his voice until she heard him. Her smile was very weak, but it was a genuine one. She was always happy to see her mate, she just wished he didn't have to look so worried about her. She looked at the herbs and shivered. More herbs. They all tasted so gross and stuff. But she took at deep breath and ate all the herbs in front of her, just to make Matasi happy. "I ate everything that was given to me earlier." She told him. Hopefully she said it convincingly enough to know that it wasn't a complete lie. Though she did drink all of the water that was given to her, her stomach almost threw up at the thought of food. She would get hungry eventually...it just wasn't right at this second.

Sinder was hiding in a bush, staring at Midnight through the small gaps in the twigs and leaves as she looked on in jealousy. So she did have it out for Annik! Her fears were confirmed with one sentence. She had to go find him now, and keep him away from this new wolf. She meant trouble.

Rí tilted his head at her actions. Why could she barely look at him? Her voice seemed almost quieter as well? Was she still sad? A sickening thought crossed the soon-to-be apprentice’s mind. Was he making her feel worse? Was she holding back tears? The very thought crushed his soul and he himself had to stop tears from welling up just from merely thinking of it.

“U-um…” The black pup’s voice broke, giving a very different signal to the wolf in front of him considering her emotional situation. “W-what about exploring? That’s always fun? Right?”

~0~

Matasi paused, his lips contorting into that of a frown for only but a second as his eyes rested on the uneaten food before an expression of comfort replaced it. “I’m glad you’re eating your herbs and drinking your water. That’s always the first step to a speedy recovery.” ‘I hope.’ The he wolf sat, a safe distance from his mate- as instructed to by the healers in case this sickness was infectious- but close enough so it wasn’t painfully obvious he was actively avoiding her. “How do you feel? Better? Worse?” He paused. “Meh?” The gray wolf smirked with a playful tone- trying to lighten the situation.

Old June 13th, 2022, 09:03 PM
Leader of Nazarick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

Rí tilted his head at her actions. Why could she barely look at him? Her voice seemed almost quieter as well? Was she still sad? A sickening thought crossed the soon-to-be apprentice’s mind. Was he making her feel worse? Was she holding back tears? The very thought crushed his soul and he himself had to stop tears from welling up just from merely thinking of it.

“U-um…” The black pup’s voice broke, giving a very different signal to the wolf in front of him considering her emotional situation. “W-what about exploring? That’s always fun? Right?”

~0~

Matasi paused, his lips contorting into that of a frown for only but a second as his eyes rested on the uneaten food before an expression of comfort replaced it. “I’m glad you’re eating your herbs and drinking your water. That’s always the first step to a speedy recovery.” ‘I hope.’ The he wolf sat, a safe distance from his mate- as instructed to by the healers in case this sickness was infectious- but close enough so it wasn’t painfully obvious he was actively avoiding her. “How do you feel? Better? Worse?” He paused. “Meh?” The gray wolf smirked with a playful tone- trying to lighten the situation.

Athena's heart jumped. Exploring? Yes that's it. That's what it has to be. Athena knew it. He was going to try to impress her by taking her somewhere she didn't know. That had to be what it was wasn't it? She shook her head. No. She needs to stop thinking like this. He is just a pup looking to explore. Just like how she wanted to do when she was his age. She looked back at him and smiled, her blush mostly gone. Mostly. "Sure. We can explore. You can even lead the way since you're the one that suggested it." She chuckled at the end, not knowing his voice changing meant anything. She stood up and walked up to the smaller pup. "Well come on then. I can't wait to see what you have to see." She says desperately convincing herself that this wasn't an attempt to woo her.

Celesia's smile never faltered as she answered his question. "I feel much better already." She told him, thinking that's what he wanted to hear. In truth, however, she definitely did not feel any better. The herbs felt like they were only keeping her from getting worse instead of helping her feel better than this. She looked down to her pups and smiled. Right now it was the pups and Matasi that was keeping her going if she was truly honest. "I just can't wait to get back out there and enjoy some time with you." She looked back up to him. "And the pups all grown up."

Taka was racing to Ketsueki's den. He had found it, after secretly using some of the pack's wolves to experiment any type of disease. He would MAYBE apologize for that later, but it helped him solve at the very least, what's making them ill. He'll soon figure out how and what the cureis with the help of his other healers, but for now, its better to stop the bleeding from getting worse before we figure out how to patch the wound. "Ketsueki!" He shouted just outside his den before speed running his way inside. When he walked in, the first thing he noticed was the rabbit, uneaten for now as Merayu was about to feast upon it. "Do not eat that rabbit!"

The demand made Merayu jump. Nobody had talked to her like that in a while now and she wasn't ready for it. She was about to say something to him and eat the rabbit anyway before she saw the determined look in his eyes and that was enough for her to not be stubborn this time. It was even enough for her to push the rabbit away.

Old June 13th, 2022, 09:21 PM
Loyal Follower of Ainz

Quote:
Athena's heart jumped. Exploring? Yes that's it. That's what it has to be. Athena knew it. He was going to try to impress her by taking her somewhere she didn't know. That had to be what it was wasn't it? She shook her head. No. She needs to stop thinking like this. He is just a pup looking to explore. Just like how she wanted to do when she was his age. She looked back at him and smiled, her blush mostly gone. Mostly. "Sure. We can explore. You can even lead the way since you're the one that suggested it." She chuckled at the end, not knowing his voice changing meant anything. She stood up and walked up to the smaller pup. "Well come on then. I can't wait to see what you have to see." She says desperately convincing herself that this wasn't an attempt to woo her.

Celesia's smile never faltered as she answered his question. "I feel much better already." She told him, thinking that's what he wanted to hear. In truth, however, she definitely did not feel any better. The herbs felt like they were only keeping her from getting worse instead of helping her feel better than this. She looked down to her pups and smiled. Right now it was the pups and Matasi that was keeping her going if she was truly honest. "I just can't wait to get back out there and enjoy some time with you." She looked back up to him. "And the pups all grown up."

Taka was racing to Ketsueki's den. He had found it, after secretly using some of the pack's wolves to experiment any type of disease. He would MAYBE apologize for that later, but it helped him solve at the very least, what's making them ill. He'll soon figure out how and what the cureis with the help of his other healers, but for now, its better to stop the bleeding from getting worse before we figure out how to patch the wound. "Ketsueki!" He shouted just outside his den before speed running his way inside. When he walked in, the first thing he noticed was the rabbit, uneaten for now as Merayu was about to feast upon it. "Do not eat that rabbit!"

The demand made Merayu jump. Nobody had talked to her like that in a while now and she wasn't ready for it. She was about to say something to him and eat the rabbit anyway before she saw the determined look in his eyes and that was enough for her to not be stubborn this time. It was even enough for her to push the rabbit away.

Ri smiled, grateful for the change in demeanor. He happily lead the way, a bounce in each step as he did so. Truthfully, the pup didn’t know much of the outside world. Most of it he had seen with Athena, and other foggy memories from when he was much younger…which oddly- he couldn’t remember now. There was a face…well- multiple faces to be exact. None of which he could place.

Greif struck him for some reason just thinking about it, and so- in disgust of the sudden emotion- he pushed it aside and continued onwards in hope that they would find somewhere interesting.

(You get to choose what they find *if* they find anything cuz I’m too lazy)

~0~

Matasi smiled at her response. Glad, but more so relieved all the herbs were doing their jobs properly and that his persistence- and severe lack of sleep- was finally able to do something meaningful for once. “I’m glad you feel better,” He purred. “Soon, all of us can resume our normal lives. I’m sure our pups will be the best trainees there is.” He paused, a familiar look of warmth blossoming in his chest as he stared at his young. “I know it.”

~0~

Ketsueki stood immediately, placing himself between Merayu and the (short lived) perceived threat instinctively. It took him but a second to recognize it was Taka and his stance went from rigid to relaxed- to tense with rage. “How dare you speak to the Queen that way. Just because you are our highest ranked healer gives you no standing to-“

(Taka can just cut him off lol)

Old June 13th, 2022, 09:48 PM
Leader of Nazarick

Quote:

Ri smiled, grateful for the change in demeanor. He happily lead the way, a bounce in each step as he did so. Truthfully, the pup didn’t know much of the outside world. Most of it he had seen with Athena, and other foggy memories from when he was much younger…which oddly- he couldn’t remember now. There was a face…well- multiple faces to be exact. None of which he could place.

Greif struck him for some reason just thinking about it, and so- in disgust of the sudden emotion- he pushed it aside and continued onwards in hope that they would find somewhere interesting.

(You get to choose what they find *if* they find anything cuz I’m too lazy)

~0~

Matasi smiled at her response. Glad, but more so relieved all the herbs were doing their jobs properly and that his persistence- and severe lack of sleep- was finally able to do something meaningful for once. “I’m glad you feel better,” He purred. “Soon, all of us can resume our normal lives. I’m sure our pups will be the best trainees there is.” He paused, a familiar look of warmth blossoming in his chest as he stared at his young. “I know it.”

~0~

Ketsueki stood immediately, placing himself between Merayu and the (short lived) perceived threat instinctively. It took him but a second to recognize it was Taka and his stance went from rigid to relaxed- to tense with rage. “How dare you speak to the Queen that way. Just because you are our highest ranked healer gives you no standing to-“

(Taka can just cut him off lol)

Athena smiled at him, walking patiently with the young pup. Maybe he was just excited. She knew the territory now to know where they were. She explored every nook and cranny on this side of the territory. She did hear a voice that she thought was in her head, made her tense slightly, but relaxed knowing that it was nothing to be concerned of. She smiled. "You see this tree." She points to a tall tree. "It's said to have lied for many generations." She lied, made something up on the spot, but she didn't want to keep going in silence, knowing that this was just a pup being a pup.

Celestia chuckled, then yawned. "I guess I am getting tired. She said, the sleeping herb taking effect almost immediately. "I suppose I should get some rest then." She said placing her head down next to the pups who were suckling. "Sorry you came in only to leave soon, but I really am tired, she said, her weak body not being able to fight off the effects.

"Rabbits." Taka cut him off, talking like a healer giving report. "There is something in the rabbits that is making your wolves sick when consumed. We as healers have not yet identified what it is that is making them sick, therefore we cannot find any effective cure as of right now. From what we have seen, based on eye tests and controlled experiments with the wolves exiled currently, it does not seem contagious to anyone other than those that consumed the product." He took a deep breath. That was a lot to get out. "Currently, we have some solution with herbs, but we will not have enough supply for the amount that is sick." He informed. "We will need more for the whole pack if and only if this solution gets them better."

Old June 14th, 2022, 07:10 PM
Loyal Follower of Ainz

Quote:
Athena smiled at him, walking patiently with the young pup. Maybe he was just excited. She knew the territory now to know where they were. She explored every nook and cranny on this side of the territory. She did hear a voice that she thought was in her head, made her tense slightly, but relaxed knowing that it was nothing to be concerned of. She smiled. "You see this tree." She points to a tall tree. "It's said to have lied for many generations." She lied, made something up on the spot, but she didn't want to keep going in silence, knowing that this was just a pup being a pup.

Celestia chuckled, then yawned. "I guess I am getting tired. She said, the sleeping herb taking effect almost immediately. "I suppose I should get some rest then." She said placing her head down next to the pups who were suckling. "Sorry you came in only to leave soon, but I really am tired, she said, her weak body not being able to fight off the effects.

"Rabbits." Taka cut him off, talking like a healer giving report. "There is something in the rabbits that is making your wolves sick when consumed. We as healers have not yet identified what it is that is making them sick, therefore we cannot find any effective cure as of right now. From what we have seen, based on eye tests and controlled experiments with the wolves exiled currently, it does not seem contagious to anyone other than those that consumed the product." He took a deep breath. That was a lot to get out. "Currently, we have some solution with herbs, but we will not have enough supply for the amount that is sick." He informed. "We will need more for the whole pack if and only if this solution gets them better."

His eyes widened at her words. “Whoa! Seriously??” He gasped going over and touching the bark with his paw. As he did so some loose bark slid down the side of the tree and fell to the ground. He jumped back with wide eyes and looked to his companion. “I think I broke it!” He whined. “Is it gonna fall on us?”

~0~

Ketsueki paused, his anger soon forgotten. “Well. How do we get the herbs we need?” Only a few seconds of silence followed before he continued. “Have you told anyone else of this?”

(Sorry I’m tired - I apologize for the short replies)

Old June 14th, 2022, 08:29 PM
Leader of Nazarick

Quote:

His eyes widened at her words. “Whoa! Seriously??” He gasped going over and touching the bark with his paw. As he did so some loose bark slid down the side of the tree and fell to the ground. He jumped back with wide eyes and looked to his companion. “I think I broke it!” He whined. “Is it gonna fall on us?”

~0~

Ketsueki paused, his anger soon forgotten. “Well. How do we get the herbs we need?” Only a few seconds of silence followed before he continued. “Have you told anyone else of this?”

(Sorry I’m tired - I apologize for the short replies)

(No you're fine. I'm stressed to all hell right now cause basic is tomorrow literally)

Athena chuckled. "No. It wont fall " She assured. "Sometimes that happens naturally. It'll grow back." She walked up to it and touched where the bark fell off. "Yep, still nice and hard. Very healthy to this day." He looked at Ri and smiled. "Just dont go intentionally ripping off that stuff. Thats like pulling out our fur."

Taka looked down before looking up. Deciding to get the easy question out of the way. "My wolves are out spreading the words to you and the other higher ups. Most of the other healers are applying our solution that will hopefully work to some wolves outcasted to the corner of the land and are monitoring results." He took a breath, now for the hard question. "If, and I cannot stress that word enough. If this works, we currently only have small patches in our territory. We would have to let them take time to grow, but that could take a while..." He started to falter off. "It would require us to find herbs outside of your territory. "

Old June 15th, 2022, 07:36 PM
Loyal Follower of Ainz

Quote:
(No you're fine. I'm stressed to all hell right now cause basic is tomorrow literally)

Athena chuckled. "No. It wont fall " She assured. "Sometimes that happens naturally. It'll grow back." She walked up to it and touched where the bark fell off. "Yep, still nice and hard. Very healthy to this day." He looked at Ri and smiled. "Just dont go intentionally ripping off that stuff. Thats like pulling out our fur."

Taka looked down before looking up. Deciding to get the easy question out of the way. "My wolves are out spreading the words to you and the other higher ups. Most of the other healers are applying our solution that will hopefully work to some wolves outcasted to the corner of the land and are monitoring results." He took a breath, now for the hard question. "If, and I cannot stress that word enough. If this works, we currently only have small patches in our territory. We would have to let them take time to grow, but that could take a while..." He started to falter off. "It would require us to find herbs outside of your territory. "

Rí blinked at her, letting what she said take time to register before he let out an exhale of relief. The older pup, though wary, approached besides her and looked at the bark. “I wonder…if this tree could talk…what would it say? Do you think it knows the secrets to everything?” The black pup pondered aloud. At this point he wasn't directly asking her, but it felt as if he was asking the tree. Silly, he knew, but he couldn’t help but hope it would respond and share its infinite wisdom.

~0~

Ketsueki paused, relieved and anxious at the same time- at both of the healers answers. For one, the fact that everyone knew now meant that he couldn’t use it as a vantage point over the fighters…a loss he had no time to reflect on- because now he faced a much more prevalent issue. Exploration.

A topic he touched on momentarily many different times, but some other problem always called his attention away from it. That, and his pack was simply too weak for any voyages of any kind for a good while. Pushing his wolves to do such a thing now- it could be dangerous if they encounter hostile wolves, a hostile environment, and gods forbid another foreign illness.

“For that, I would have to speak with all the higher ups. Such a thing…now….is dangerous. I do hope you understand.” He paused. “For now, all herbal remedies is only to be given to any important ill. All working wolves should be separated from the healthy to lessen interruptions on their daily duties and I will put a ban on rabbits.”