Yesterday 11:44 PM
everything finder for...
Last post by Blazing
Yesterday 11:28 PM

Old April 24th, 2018, 01:23 AM
~Fae of the forest~

My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

@Mauve (Sorry, I posted it in the wrong place by accident before!)

Rainpaw walked a few more steps, then stopped. "This is the Medicine Cat Den," he explained to Silverkit. Silverkit nodded slightly, but hadn't really listened. Rainpaw nudged her gently with his black tail to signal that they should enter. Silverkit trotted forward, unusually subdued. There was plenty of strange scents in the den, and normally she would have desired to know that it all was, but it only made a shiver run trough her back.
She gave her pelt a few half-hearted licks to make it settle down.
"Hello, Heatherfur. I'm sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but I'd hope that you could just examine Silverkit for a moment." Rainpaw announced, and glanced for a second at Silverkit with concerned, blue eyes.
"She came in contact with a death-berry! She didn't taste it, but... I'd rather not take the risk. Could you please just do a quick check?"
Old April 24th, 2018, 05:04 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyapan View Post
@Mauve (Sorry, I posted it in the wrong place by accident before!)

Rainpaw walked a few more steps, then stopped. "This is the Medicine Cat Den," he explained to Silverkit. Silverkit nodded slightly, but hadn't really listened. Rainpaw nudged her gently with his black tail to signal that they should enter. Silverkit trotted forward, unusually subdued. There was plenty of strange scents in the den, and normally she would have desired to know that it all was, but it only made a shiver run trough her back.
She gave her pelt a few half-hearted licks to make it settle down.
"Hello, Heatherfur. I'm sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but I'd hope that you could just examine Silverkit for a moment." Rainpaw announced, and glanced for a second at Silverkit with concerned, blue eyes.
"She came in contact with a death-berry! She didn't taste it, but... I'd rather not take the risk. Could you please just do a quick check?"
The strain of duties that were expected of a medicine cat were beginning to wear on Heatherfur. As a warrior, she was used to the normal physical exhaustion of hunting and patrolling the borders. But there was a lot of mental thinking that came into play when healing cats. The brown tabby let out a sigh, noise towards the entrance of her den alerting her. She didn't recognize the two younger felines that came in, one of them obviously a kit. "Hello there," she purred, waving her tail in greeting as her pale green eyes shone with kindness. Heatherfur trotted over to meet them halfway, gazing down at Silverkit. For a moment, her heart quickened it's pace as it was brought to her attention that Silverkit had been playing with a death berry. What had one been doing in the nursery? Or had Silverkit snuck in while she had been out in the territory with Daydream? "Oh my, well yes let's take a look right away," she nodded and sniffed over Silverkit's tiny body. Nothing smelled out of the ordinary, only the faint sour smell of the death berry between her paws. "How are you feeling, Silverkit? Do you feel dizzy or tired at all?" Heatherfur asked, looking at her.
Old April 24th, 2018, 11:33 PM
~Fae of the forest~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
The strain of duties that were expected of a medicine cat were beginning to wear on Heatherfur. As a warrior, she was used to the normal physical exhaustion of hunting and patrolling the borders. But there was a lot of mental thinking that came into play when healing cats. The brown tabby let out a sigh, noise towards the entrance of her den alerting her. She didn't recognize the two younger felines that came in, one of them obviously a kit. "Hello there," she purred, waving her tail in greeting as her pale green eyes shone with kindness. Heatherfur trotted over to meet them halfway, gazing down at Silverkit. For a moment, her heart quickened it's pace as it was brought to her attention that Silverkit had been playing with a death berry. What had one been doing in the nursery? Or had Silverkit snuck in while she had been out in the territory with Daydream? "Oh my, well yes let's take a look right away," she nodded and sniffed over Silverkit's tiny body. Nothing smelled out of the ordinary, only the faint sour smell of the death berry between her paws. "How are you feeling, Silverkit? Do you feel dizzy or tired at all?" Heatherfur asked, looking at her.
Silverkit hesitated. "I... I don't really know."She began, and tried to tell how she was feeling. "But I don't think so..."Silverkit shuffled her paws nervously, and couldn't help shivering slightly. Behind her, Rainpaw gave a sigh of relief and tried to comfort her with slight brushing movements of his tail.
"But... Is it true that it could have killed me if I ate it? It's so small but it's just as dangerous as fighting a warrior!" Fear flashed in Silverkits eyes.
Thinking how close she had been to the berry... If Rainpaw and Nightwhisker had noticed her a moment later she might have eaten it.
It had all been my fault too, sneaking out.
"I can just feel like a slight weight on my back, but I can't see it."
Wait... Can other herbs be dangerous too? She looked around hastily, the strong smell of flowers and herbs made her feel uneasy.
Old April 25th, 2018, 06:42 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
Silverkit hesitated. "I... I don't really know."She began, and tried to tell how she was feeling. "But I don't think so..."Silverkit shuffled her paws nervously, and couldn't help shivering slightly. Behind her, Rainpaw gave a sigh of relief and tried to comfort her with slight brushing movements of his tail.
"But... Is it true that it could have killed me if I ate it? It's so small but it's just as dangerous as fighting a warrior!" Fear flashed in Silverkits eyes.
Thinking how close she had been to the berry... If Rainpaw and Nightwhisker had noticed her a moment later she might have eaten it.
It had all been my fault too, sneaking out.
"I can just feel like a slight weight on my back, but I can't see it."
Wait... Can other herbs be dangerous too? She looked around hastily, the strong smell of flowers and herbs made her feel uneasy.
A breath of relief left Heatherfur and she relaxed, giving Silverkit a gentle lick on the head to calm her down. "Yes, death berries are called so for a reason. It's best to not touch any herb you see unless instructed by a medic- by me, okay?" she purred, looking at Silverkit. There was a stern look in her eyes, but it was also masked by one of kindness. She felt bad - it wasn't like Silverkit knew what each herb meant. It was up to Heatherfur now to make sure no kit strayed in wondering what each herb did.
Old April 26th, 2018, 02:10 PM
~Fae of the forest~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
A breath of relief left Heatherfur and she relaxed, giving Silverkit a gentle lick on the head to calm her down. "Yes, death berries are called so for a reason. It's best to not touch any herb you see unless instructed by a medic- by me, okay?" she purred, looking at Silverkit. There was a stern look in her eyes, but it was also masked by one of kindness. She felt bad - it wasn't like Silverkit knew what each herb meant. It was up to Heatherfur now to make sure no kit strayed in wondering what each herb did.
Silverkit felt Rainpaws pelt settle in relief next to her. "Thank starclan!"
Silverkit was reassured by cat before her, and she felt like she could understand why everyone had such immense respect for her. From now on Silverkit would definetely stay away from unknown plants. "Thank you Heatherfur, we are really thankful for your help."Rainpaw said, and dipped his head in respect.
Silverkit followed his example, to show that she too was happy.
The numbness in her paws was beginning to ebb away, as the shock did.
"If there is nothing else thad needs to be done, we should let you continue with your work."Rainpaw finished. "Yes! Taking care of all the clan must be hard!"Silverkit added.
Old April 26th, 2018, 03:53 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
Silverkit felt Rainpaws pelt settle in relief next to her. "Thank starclan!"
Silverkit was reassured by cat before her, and she felt like she could understand why everyone had such immense respect for her. From now on Silverkit would definetely stay away from unknown plants. "Thank you Heatherfur, we are really thankful for your help."Rainpaw said, and dipped his head in respect.
Silverkit followed his example, to show that she too was happy.
The numbness in her paws was beginning to ebb away, as the shock did.
"If there is nothing else thad needs to be done, we should let you continue with your work."Rainpaw finished. "Yes! Taking care of all the clan must be hard!"Silverkit added.
Heatherfur felt a rush of pride for a moment at their looks, how they gazed at her with respect. Sure, she'd held a certain amount of respect back in WindClan with her warrior status - and being the daughter of Cobraspirit - but this was different. "Of course. You are welcome to come any time if you have any questions, alright?" she mewed, looking from Rainpaw to Silverkit, and back again. "Be sure to watch after her. If she starts getting tired again, bring her back," the tabby instructed, nodding in the apprentices' direction.
Old April 29th, 2018, 06:55 PM
I don’t feel so good...

My Mood: Mysterious

CactusKIt ran into the den, kicking up dirt into the air,
"Hey, Heather, Fur," He said, with breathes between each word, "Watcha Doin?" He has always been interested in Medicines and herbs.
Old April 30th, 2018, 06:57 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusHeart View Post
CactusKIt ran into the den, kicking up dirt into the air,
"Hey, Heather, Fur," He said, with breathes between each word, "Watcha Doin?" He has always been interested in Medicines and herbs.
(Hello! Please be sure to fill out this thread if you would like to interact with Heatherfur or receive training! Posting here without prior permission gets me a bit confused and I would like to stay organized. Thank you love! ^^)

Last edited by Mauve; April 30th, 2018 at 06:58 PM.
Old April 30th, 2018, 07:42 PM
I’ll be your nightmare~

My Mood: Psychedelic

Silverfeather limped into the medicine den, blood ran down the side of her face and down her paws. She dragged her tail behind her in the dirt. “Heatherfur?..” she rasped. “Do you think you can help me? Pain laced her voice as she spoke.

@Mauve
Which mask will you choose?
What is underneath? (Darkest Part-Red)
I have become a very inactive panda buuuut if you’d like to chat...don’t be afraid to add me on discord!^.^

Old April 30th, 2018, 07:46 PM

My Mood: Spooky

Copperpaw hobbled into the den slowly, wincing in pain from his shoulder. His mentor told him he probably wrenched his shoulder out of place during water training and advised the stubborn apprentice to visit Heatherfur. The tom recalled that the day before, his mentor was teaching him how to attack while in the water and he had slipped on the large rocks. He fell under and hit his left shoulder, feeling his leg twist with a pop. His mentor helped him out of the water and back to camp. "Heatherfur, are you in here? I need some help." He asked softly in an attempt to mask his pain. He couldn't tell if she was in there or not, the sharp scents of herbs flooded his nostrils. The young tom limped to the center of the den, trying not to put any weight on his front left shoulder. He flicked his ears around slightly, holding his leg off the ground awkwardly.

@Mauve