Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 07:26 AM

Old May 1st, 2018, 06:23 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzy View Post
Silverfeather limped into the medicine den, blood ran down the side of her face and down her paws. She dragged her tail behind her in the dirt. “Heatherfur?..” she rasped. “Do you think you can help me? Pain laced her voice as she spoke.
I need to visit Surgestorm, or take Daydream up on their offer for training, was the only thought going through Heatherfur's head these days. She felt swamped and overwhelmed with all of the injuries that hobbled into her den. After all, her background was in fighting and hunting, not healing and consoling. Silverkit and the deathberry fiasco had been quite the wake-up call, and since then she'd had a few vague dreams about certain plants and their meanings, but nothing to fully pinpoint. Each day the tabby prayed to the stars above for no one in RiverClan to be dragged in with any broken bones or worse - a serious illness like greencough or blackcough. Thankfully, new-leaf was beginning to give way to the first sightings of greenleaf, and soon the chances of any of her Clanmates catching them would be small.

Ears perked up at the sound of another warrior entering the den, Heatherfur glanced over, eyes widening in shock at the bloody face of Silverfeather. She had heard of the warrior and knew her by name, but other than that had never spoken to her. "Oh, dear," she murmured, rushing over to sniff the wound. "What happened?" Heatherfur asked softly, leading the injuried feline over to an empty nest. As she waited for the warriors reply, her paws turned in the direction of her herb storage. Quickly, she rummaged through it searching for the herbs she would need to take care of these wounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Copperpaw hobbled into the den slowly, wincing in pain from his shoulder. His mentor told him he probably wrenched his shoulder out of place during water training and advised the stubborn apprentice to visit Heatherfur. The tom recalled that the day before, his mentor was teaching him how to attack while in the water and he had slipped on the large rocks. He fell under and hit his left shoulder, feeling his leg twist with a pop. His mentor helped him out of the water and back to camp. "Heatherfur, are you in here? I need some help." He asked softly in an attempt to mask his pain. He couldn't tell if she was in there or not, the sharp scents of herbs flooded his nostrils. The young tom limped to the center of the den, trying not to put any weight on his front left shoulder. He flicked his ears around slightly, holding his leg off the ground awkwardly.
While Silverfeather had just left with cobwebs covering the worst of her injuries, Heatherfur had just enough time to let out a small breath before Copperpaw hobbled in. Instantly, she took notice of the awkward angle of the apprentices' shoulder and felt the small breath get knocked right out of her. shoulder? An out of place shoulder? she thought in a panic. Her dreams of healing had included more than the basics, but nothing about bones or a shoulder. Quickly, the tabby masked her fright in an expression of concern and she helped Copperpaw into a nearby nest, instructing for him to lay down on his uninjured side. "What in StarClan's name are they teaching you for training?" Heatherfur purred, trying to comfort the apprentice by stroking his flank with her bushy tail. She placed two poppy seeds in front of him that she had snagged earlier before coming to help him lie down, motioning for him to lap them up. "These will help the pain go away," Heatherfur murmured, offering a caring smile down at him.

Last edited by Mauve; May 1st, 2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old May 1st, 2018, 06:45 PM
I’ll be your nightmare~

My Mood: Psychedelic

[QUOTE=Mauve;501080]I need to visit Surgestorm, or take Daydream up on their offer for training, was the only thought going through Heatherfur's head these days. She felt swamped and overwhelmed with all of the injuries that hobbled into her den. After all, her background was in fighting and hunting, not healing and consoling. Silverkit and the deathberry fiasco had been quite the wake-up call, and since then she'd had a few vague dreams about certain plants and their meanings, but nothing to fully pinpoint. Each day the tabby prayed to the stars above for no one in RiverClan to be dragged in with any broken bones or worse - a serious illness like greencough or blackcough. Thankfully, new-leaf was beginning to give way to the first sightings of greenleaf, and soon the chances of any of her Clanmates catching them would be small.

Ears perked up at the sound of another warrior entering the den, Heatherfur glanced over, eyes widening in shock at the bloody face of Silverfeather. She had heard of the warrior and knew her by name, but other than that had never spoken to her. "Oh, dear," she murmured, rushing over to sniff the wound. "What happened?" Heatherfur asked softly, leading the injuried feline over to an empty nest. As she waited for the warriors reply, her paws turned in the direction of her herb storage. Quickly, she rummaged through it searching for the herbs she would need to take care of these wounds.

The silver warrior collapsed into the nest gratefully, she sighed an exhausted sigh before replying quietly. “I was attacked by another cat..at the border between ours and Shadowclan. I’m not sure who it was though.” The young warrior flinched at the memory. “That cat wanted to kill me.” She added in a whisper so quite it was barely audible. She watched the medicine cat rummage through her herbs as she licked one of her bloody paws. “Thanks Heatherfur..for helping.”
Which mask will you choose?
What is underneath? (Darkest Part-Red)
I have become a very inactive panda buuuut if you’d like to chat...don’t be afraid to add me on discord!^.^

Last edited by Tazzy; May 3rd, 2018 at 10:47 AM.
Old May 1st, 2018, 07:18 PM

My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
While Silverfeather had just left with cobwebs covering the worst of her injuries, Heatherfur had just enough time to let out a small breath before Copperpaw hobbled in. Instantly, she took notice of the awkward angle of the apprentices' shoulder and felt the small breath get knocked right out of her. shoulder? An out of place shoulder? she thought in a panic. Her dreams of healing had included more than the basics, but nothing about bones or a shoulder. Quickly, the tabby masked her fright in an expression of concern and she helped Copperpaw into a nearby nest, instructing for him to lay down on his uninjured side. "What in StarClan's name are they teaching you for training?" Heatherfur purred, trying to comfort the apprentice by stroking his flank with her bushy tail. She placed two poppy seeds in front of him that she had snagged earlier before coming to help him lie down, motioning for him to lap them up. "These will help the pain go away," Heatherfur murmured, offering a caring smile down at him.
Copperpaw nodded, laying down in the nest slowly because of his leg. He glanced up at Heatherfur and hoped to Starclan she knew what to do. "We are doing water training, I'm not as comfortable in the water as most apprentices." He mewed, unsure if he should answer her question. But she seemed confident so he calmed down a little as he felt her tail brush up against his flank. His ears flicked forward as he saw the poppy seeds and licked them up slowly. He swallowed the seeds, waiting to feel the pain from his shoulder stop. Sighing as he felt the herbs take effect, the tom glanced back up at Heatherfur. "Thanks, you're helping already." He said with a slight grin.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 01:42 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
The silver warrior collapsed into the nest gratefully, she sighed an exhausted sigh before replying quietly. “I was attacked by another cat..at the border between ours and Shadowclan. I’m not sure who it was though.” The young warrior flinched at the memory. “That cat wanted to kill me.” She added in a whisper so quite it was barely audible. She watched the medicine cat rummage through her herbs as she licked one of her bloody paws. “Thanks Heatherfur..for helping.”
At the mention of a ShadowClan cat attacking Silverfeather, Heatherfur felt her blood run cold. More fighting? She thought each Clan would be healing right now after all the recent bloodshed. Was StarClan enjoying watching the four Clans scramble and claw at each others' throats? A short left her nose as she returned with a bundle of leaves and cobwebs. At lease the good thing about now being in RiverClan territory was that there were plentiful herbs now that greenleaf was starting to poke it's head around the corner. "I'll see if Fallenstar can send out a patrol later to secure the borders. We don't need any unprovoked attacks," she assured Silverfeather before she began to chew on the marigold petals. "This might sting a bit," the tabby cautioned Silverfeather, giving her a sympathetic glance in her direction. Once she'd gotten them into a rather big quantity, she used her paw to smooth them over the open wounds, using her tail to stroke Silverfeather's neck comfortingly.

Quote:
Copperpaw nodded, laying down in the nest slowly because of his leg. He glanced up at Heatherfur and hoped to Starclan she knew what to do. "We are doing water training, I'm not as comfortable in the water as most apprentices." He mewed, unsure if he should answer her question. But she seemed confident so he calmed down a little as he felt her tail brush up against his flank. His ears flicked forward as he saw the poppy seeds and licked them up slowly. He swallowed the seeds, waiting to feel the pain from his shoulder stop. Sighing as he felt the herbs take effect, the tom glanced back up at Heatherfur. "Thanks, you're helping already." He said with a slight grin.
As the young tom mentioned that she was doing a good job, Heatherfur felt the knot in her neck loosen up a bit. At least this Clan had faith in her. Despite how new she was, they already trusted her to heal them and get them back to working order, and something about the sentiment almost made the medicine cat tear up. "Let's see if we can get this shoulder back into place, huh?" she mewed softly, nodding in a determined fashion as she focused her gaze on it. It didn't look too bad, but Heatherfur was also working with limited experience. She knew in this instance, though, she would've liked something to distract her from it. "Here, bite down on this," she instructed as she retrieved a nearby stick - albeit soaked, it would still get the job done. As she waited for Copperpaw to latch onto the stick, she placed both of her paws gingerly on his injured shoulder, careful to not put any weight through them yet. "I'm going to try setting it now. Are you ready?"
Old May 4th, 2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
As the young tom mentioned that she was doing a good job, Heatherfur felt the knot in her neck loosen up a bit. At least this Clan had faith in her. Despite how new she was, they already trusted her to heal them and get them back to working order, and something about the sentiment almost made the medicine cat tear up. "Let's see if we can get this shoulder back into place, huh?" she mewed softly, nodding in a determined fashion as she focused her gaze on it. It didn't look too bad, but Heatherfur was also working with limited experience. She knew in this instance, though, she would've liked something to distract her from it. "Here, bite down on this," she instructed as she retrieved a nearby stick - albeit soaked, it would still get the job done. As she waited for Copperpaw to latch onto the stick, she placed both of her paws gingerly on his injured shoulder, careful to not put any weight through them yet. "I'm going to try setting it now. Are you ready?"
The tom watched Heatherfur, vaguely noticing she relaxed more. Perhaps his last comment gave her more confidence. or Starclan is helping keep her head level? He wasn't entirely sure it mattered. He had been in Riverclan for only the past few moons himself and could understand if she was wary of Riverclan. Copperpaw watched Heatherfur as she retrieved a nearby stick, a little nervous. He clamped his jaws around the stick, teeth sinking into the wood. The apprentice breathed slowly, looking at the medicine cat as he felt her paws on his injured shoulder. He flicked his ears forward and mumbled through the stick, "I'm ready as I'll ever be." The apprentice half-closed his eyes, hoping this wouldn't hurt too much and be over with soon.
Old May 4th, 2018, 03:05 PM
I’ll be your nightmare~

[QUOTE=Mauve;501878]At the mention of a ShadowClan cat attacking Silverfeather, Heatherfur felt her blood run cold. More fighting? She thought each Clan would be healing right now after all the recent bloodshed. Was StarClan enjoying watching the four Clans scramble and claw at each others' throats? A short left her nose as she returned with a bundle of leaves and cobwebs. At lease the good thing about now being in RiverClan territory was that there were plentiful herbs now that greenleaf was starting to poke it's head around the corner. "I'll see if Fallenstar can send out a patrol later to secure the borders. We don't need any unprovoked attacks," she assured Silverfeather before she began to chew on the marigold petals. "This might sting a bit," the tabby cautioned Silverfeather, giving her a sympathetic glance in her direction. Once she'd gotten them into a rather big quantity, she used her paw to smooth them over the open wounds, using her tail to stroke Silverfeather's neck comfortingly.

”It was just one crazy cat but that’s a good idea, you should tell Fallenstar.” The she-cat said softly. Silverfeather watched, with cautious eyes as the Heatherfur chewed the petals. “It can’t be so-“ she suddenly hissed as she felt the sting of the herbs on her wounds. “Nevermind, forget what I was going to say.” She laughed without on humor. Her tense muscles soon relaxed as she felt the comforting strokes of the other cats tail. “Your doing amazing Heatherfur.”
I have become a very inactive panda buuuut if you’d like to chat...don’t be afraid to add me on discord!^.^

Old May 9th, 2018, 11:28 AM
stardust memories

Quote:
The tom watched Heatherfur, vaguely noticing she relaxed more. Perhaps his last comment gave her more confidence. or Starclan is helping keep her head level? He wasn't entirely sure it mattered. He had been in Riverclan for only the past few moons himself and could understand if she was wary of Riverclan. Copperpaw watched Heatherfur as she retrieved a nearby stick, a little nervous. He clamped his jaws around the stick, teeth sinking into the wood. The apprentice breathed slowly, looking at the medicine cat as he felt her paws on his injured shoulder. He flicked his ears forward and mumbled through the stick, "I'm ready as I'll ever be." The apprentice half-closed his eyes, hoping this wouldn't hurt too much and be over with soon.
As she heard him give the okay to start, Heatherfur began to feel gingerly around his shoulder. It was clear to her where the separation was, as it dipped in a bit. "Sorry," she murmured, knowing it would cause a bit of pain if anything. Alright, she thought to herself, slowing her breathing in order to slow her heart rate and calm herself down. She knew she could do this. Why would StarClan guide her to this position only to have her fail? The tabby kneaded her paws on his shoulder. "One... two... three..." By three, Heatherfur pushed downward, hearing a loud 'pop' as the shoulder slid back into place. Instantly, she was brushing her tail across Copperpaw's flank, murmuring to him. "And you're as good as new!" she purred, swiping her tongue over the apprentices' ear. Relief washed through her as she realized how much luck had to do with her getting the positioning right.

Quote:
”It was just one crazy cat but that’s a good idea, you should tell Fallenstar.” The she-cat said softly. Silverfeather watched, with cautious eyes as the Heatherfur chewed the petals. “It can’t be so-“ she suddenly hissed as she felt the sting of the herbs on her wounds. “Nevermind, forget what I was going to say.” She laughed without on humor. Her tense muscles soon relaxed as she felt the comforting strokes of the other cats tail. “Your doing amazing Heatherfur.”
First Copperpaw, and now Silverfeather. Heatherfur felt her pelt warm under the glow of their praise, and suddenly she felt like RiverClan was home for the first time since being here. The dull ache that had settled in her heart since her fight with Blazingstar felt less now, and she decided to focus on her new Clanmates instead of dwelling over one measly tom. He never wanted me there. He never wanted me there, she had to remind herself, masking her thoughts with a soft gaze as she watched her patient. "Alright, let me just make sure these bandages stay in place and you should be all good, though I want you to go get some rest, okay? Not more duties for today." The medicine cat began to apply the strands of leaves, securing them with the cobweb banages. Next, she moved over to the cut above her eye, repeating the same steps and placing the cobwebs directly onto the wound. The marigold had stopped most of the bleeding, and now the cobwebs would stay in place until a neat scar formed to close the cut. "There is going to be a scar above your eye now, but don't worry. I hear it's the cool thing to have these days," the light brown feline purred in amusement, winking in Silverfeather's direction.

(My sincere apologies on the delay of these responses @Tazzy and @Viper! Please forgive me!)
Old May 9th, 2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
As she heard him give the okay to start, Heatherfur began to feel gingerly around his shoulder. It was clear to her where the separation was, as it dipped in a bit. "Sorry," she murmured, knowing it would cause a bit of pain if anything. Alright, she thought to herself, slowing her breathing in order to slow her heart rate and calm herself down. She knew she could do this. Why would StarClan guide her to this position only to have her fail? The tabby kneaded her paws on his shoulder. "One... two... three..." By three, Heatherfur pushed downward, hearing a loud 'pop' as the shoulder slid back into place. Instantly, she was brushing her tail across Copperpaw's flank, murmuring to him. "And you're as good as new!" she purred, swiping her tongue over the apprentices' ear. Relief washed through her as she realized how much luck had to do with her getting the positioning right.
Cooperpaw cringed as he felt the weight of Heatherfur's paws on his tender shoulder. He kept still as she shoved his shoulder back into its proper place, letting out a sigh of relief. Copperpaw flashed a smile to the medicine cat. "Thanks, Heatherfur. You were great. Starclan surely helped guide your paws!" He mewed happily. His shoulder was still a bit sore but for the most part, he felt little pain. The tom carefully got to his paws and gingerly put weight on his shoulder, flexing his muscles and moving his paw around. "It still hurts a bit...but that could just be from me not walking on it in a while." The apprentice commented, "My mentor will be mad. I'm not from here so I'm behind on training already." He didn't mind that he'd be behind in training, he already was anyway since he isn't from Riverclan himself but it is now his home. (You're fine. I don't mind the late reply)
Old May 11th, 2018, 12:00 PM
I’ll be your nightmare~

First Copperpaw, and now Silverfeather. Heatherfur felt her pelt warm under the glow of their praise, and suddenly she felt like RiverClan was home for the first time since being here. The dull ache that had settled in her heart since her fight with Blazingstar felt less now, and she decided to focus on her new Clanmates instead of dwelling over one measly tom. He never wanted me there. He never wanted me there, she had to remind herself, masking her thoughts with a soft gaze as she watched her patient. "Alright, let me just make sure these bandages stay in place and you should be all good, though I want you to go get some rest, okay? Not more duties for today." The medicine cat began to apply the strands of leaves, securing them with the cobweb banages. Next, she moved over to the cut above her eye, repeating the same steps and placing the cobwebs directly onto the wound. The marigold had stopped most of the bleeding, and now the cobwebs would stay in place until a neat scar formed to close the cut. "There is going to be a scar above your eye now, but don't worry. I hear it's the cool thing to have these days," the light brown feline purred in amusement, winking in Silverfeather's direction.

(My sincere apologies on the delay of these responses @Tazzy and @Viper! Please forgive me!)

(Your good I don’t mind ^.^)

Once the medicine cat was done, Silverfeather heaved herself to her paws. “Thank you Heatherfur, I feel better already!” She purred, her wounds still stung but they were beginning to feel better. “No more duties.” She promised with a purr of amusement. When Heatherfur mentioned a scar, Silver frowned at that, her mind wandered towards Darkheart. Will he still feel the same when he sees me? The she-cat shook her head, clearing her thoughts before waving her tail at Heatherfur. “Thanks again!”

Last edited by Tazzy; May 11th, 2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old May 11th, 2018, 06:11 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
Cooperpaw cringed as he felt the weight of Heatherfur's paws on his tender shoulder. He kept still as she shoved his shoulder back into its proper place, letting out a sigh of relief. Copperpaw flashed a smile to the medicine cat. "Thanks, Heatherfur. You were great. Starclan surely helped guide your paws!" He mewed happily. His shoulder was still a bit sore but for the most part, he felt little pain. The tom carefully got to his paws and gingerly put weight on his shoulder, flexing his muscles and moving his paw around. "It still hurts a bit...but that could just be from me not walking on it in a while." The apprentice commented, "My mentor will be mad. I'm not from here so I'm behind on training already." He didn't mind that he'd be behind in training, he already was anyway since he isn't from Riverclan himself but it is now his home. (You're fine. I don't mind the late reply)
Heatherfur watched as the young tom got to his paws, her pale gaze carefully tracking each movement. She knew once the shoulder was back in place a majority of the pain would go away. "The dull ache you feel now should subside in a day or two, but I want you to take it easy. No more duties for the rest of today, and perhaps a bit into tomorrow," she instructed him, still examining her work of the shoulder. Everything seemed to have turned out good, and another wave of relief washed over her. "Thank you, Copperpaw. I appreciate that." There was genuine appreciation in the medicine cat's tone as she smiled at the younger feline. "Be sure to come back and see me if things get too out of paw, okay? Rest should do you good though. Do you need help back to the apprentices' den?" she asked out of concern for him placing more weight on his shoulder. It wasn't that it was a bad injury, but Heatherfur didn't want Copperpaw to be in anymore pain than he had to.

Quote:
(Your good I don’t mind ^.^)

Once the medicine cat was done, Silverfeather heaved herself to her paws. “Thank you Heatherfur, I feel better already!” She purred, her wounds still stung but they were beginning to feel better. “No more duties.” She promised with a purr of amusement. When Heatherfur mentioned a scar, Silver frowned at that, her mind wandered towards Darkheart. Will he still feel the same when he sees me? The she-cat shook her head, clearing her thoughts before waving her tail at Heatherfur. “Thanks again!”
One of the traits that the RiverClan medicine cat possessed was being able to pick up on what others might be feeling. She knew to she-cats that appearances were important, and Heatherfur let out a rumbling purr, nudging Silverfeather gently on her uninjured side. "You'll still look as beautiful as ever," she mewed, hoping that she was able to transfer some of her own confidence to the warrior. She wasn't sure who Silverfeather mooned after, but if a scar would drive them away, perhaps they weren't the best mate for her. The light brown tabby straightened up, beginning to sweep up the debris in her den as Silverfeather gathered herself. "You're welcome! Be sure to come see me to change those bandages In a couple days!"