Today 09:51 AM

Old April 22nd, 2018, 04:23 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@king kaleb!

(Does Daydream know about Juniperpaw disappearing? Don't think Shinefang would have heard.)

The air was thick with the promise of rain to come in the early morning. Shinefang gritted his teeth against the ache in his joints. He'd taken and used every herb he knew to take the edge off. As a fairly new medicine cat, the old tom was all too familiar with the truth that herbs were only able to do so much. Still, tonight he'd make an oath to do his best for his clanmates using the knowledge he had earned over these moons. He slipped into the cave and turned to look out at the field in front. The long blades of grass shimmered in the half-moon light like long stars, and the old tom sighed as he soaked in the stillness of the night.
[yes, they do. ill have daydream tell him after the ceremony. and, do you have a starclan cat involved in this? or do you want daydream to just to the ceremony themselves when theyre both dreaming?]
daydream was only a fox length infront of shinefang when they slipped into the cave. it was damp under their paws and was darker than any sky daydream had seen. it left them on edge. they disliked starclan and they didnt want to be here. but, shinefang wasnt their apprentice, so they couldnt make that call. this is what he wanted, so daydream would deliver reluctantly. they opened their maw to scent for the moonpool, the air growing colder as they stepped closer and closer. Once they knew they were infront of it, the crouched down, feeling the cool water touch their nose. how many days had passed since they had been here? not enough.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 05:19 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
[yes, they do. ill have daydream tell him after the ceremony. and, do you have a starclan cat involved in this? or do you want daydream to just to the ceremony themselves when theyre both dreaming?]
daydream was only a fox length infront of shinefang when they slipped into the cave. it was damp under their paws and was darker than any sky daydream had seen. it left them on edge. they disliked starclan and they didnt want to be here. but, shinefang wasnt their apprentice, so they couldnt make that call. this is what he wanted, so daydream would deliver reluctantly. they opened their maw to scent for the moonpool, the air growing colder as they stepped closer and closer. Once they knew they were infront of it, the crouched down, feeling the cool water touch their nose. how many days had passed since they had been here? not enough.
(Sounds good. I've got no Starclan cats lined up. Trying to keep this one concise.)

Silently, Shinefang followed the younger cat deeper into the cave until the cool scent of the moonpool washed over him. "Just us tonight, I guess," the old tom muttered. Glancing at Daydream, he followed their lead and touched his muzzle to the surface. Moons ago, the old tom might have balked at the ceremony he had requested tonight. That was before though. Since that time, he had walked with his mate in Starclan's hunting ground. He had felt her pelt against his. He simply couldn't bring himself to feel the sort of white hot hatred he had before. He couldn't exactly call himself a lover of Starclan, but it was where his love lived. With a warmth in his heart, he wondered if he would see her tonight. He closed his eye.

Old April 23rd, 2018, 03:43 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
(Sounds good. I've got no Starclan cats lined up. Trying to keep this one concise.)

Silently, Shinefang followed the younger cat deeper into the cave until the cool scent of the moonpool washed over him. "Just us tonight, I guess," the old tom muttered. Glancing at Daydream, he followed their lead and touched his muzzle to the surface. Moons ago, the old tom might have balked at the ceremony he had requested tonight. That was before though. Since that time, he had walked with his mate in Starclan's hunting ground. He had felt her pelt against his. He simply couldn't bring himself to feel the sort of white hot hatred he had before. He couldn't exactly call himself a lover of Starclan, but it was where his love lived. With a warmth in his heart, he wondered if he would see her tonight. He closed his eye.
Daydream didnt know if they should tell shinefang about juniperpaws disappearance. it was something pretty drastic-but so was this. they didnt want shinefang to worry and enjoy the moment, so they kept their mouth shut. it was also why they were noticeably quiet. they closed their eyes, letting the coolness of the pool consume them into a rare slumber.

when they awoke the ground felt plush under their paws, vibrant green grass tickling it. in starclan they were on edge unlike most cats, eyes narrowing when looking around. they had been here before, but only when they needed to, and now was one of those times. they looked towards shinefang, whos figure was slowly fading in as he would fall more asleep. they finally spoke,"Before we start this, im guessing you want to keep your full name, yeah? unless you want to change it, thats always an option."
Old April 24th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Daydream didnt know if they should tell shinefang about juniperpaws disappearance. it was something pretty drastic-but so was this. they didnt want shinefang to worry and enjoy the moment, so they kept their mouth shut. it was also why they were noticeably quiet. they closed their eyes, letting the coolness of the pool consume them into a rare slumber.

when they awoke the ground felt plush under their paws, vibrant green grass tickling it. in starclan they were on edge unlike most cats, eyes narrowing when looking around. they had been here before, but only when they needed to, and now was one of those times. they looked towards shinefang, whos figure was slowly fading in as he would fall more asleep. they finally spoke,"Before we start this, im guessing you want to keep your full name, yeah? unless you want to change it, thats always an option."
Shinefang drifted into the warm and lush hunting grounds of Starclan slowly, like a wakeful cat courting sleep. At once, when his paws found purchase in the star-touched fields, his joint pain vanished and he blinked, reveling in the easy existence of his own body. The old tom cocked his head at the younger medicine cat's question and with a mrrow of amusement, replied, "Depends. What would you name me? I'm kidding," he amended with a chortle. "Shinefang is just fine. If I changed it now, I'd never remember."

(If you got to rename Shinefang anything you like and knew I was going to be happy with whatever the new name was, what would it be?)

Old April 28th, 2018, 06:34 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Shinefang drifted into the warm and lush hunting grounds of Starclan slowly, like a wakeful cat courting sleep. At once, when his paws found purchase in the star-touched fields, his joint pain vanished and he blinked, reveling in the easy existence of his own body. The old tom cocked his head at the younger medicine cat's question and with a mrrow of amusement, replied, "Depends. What would you name me? I'm kidding," he amended with a chortle. "Shinefang is just fine. If I changed it now, I'd never remember."

(If you got to rename Shinefang anything you like and knew I was going to be happy with whatever the new name was, what would it be?)
[i honestly think shinefang suits him just fine. the suffix -fang correlates with his snarky and grouchy personality, but shine- with the positivity he once held when his mate was alive. but if i HAD to, id pick the name Shiningheart. i feel it would be nice to go from fang to heart to show his positivity growing, him slowly moving on from his mate passing away/hatred towards starclan, ect. shows growth]

"I doubt i would remember either," daydream commented. they suddenly felt old. they were the second eldest medicine cat to have their rank, not by age of course. so many new faces had been added to the group of medicine cats, and shinefang was one of the few that hadnt changed since when daydream had joined. even if he was a grouch, they were proud of him. "I, Daydream, medicine cat of Shadowclan, call upon my," they paused, a noticeable agitated twitch in their eye," warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help he will serve he Clan for many moons." they paused, opening their eyes,"Shinefang, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"
Old April 29th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
[i honestly think shinefang suits him just fine. the suffix -fang correlates with his snarky and grouchy personality, but shine- with the positivity he once held when his mate was alive. but if i HAD to, id pick the name Shiningheart. i feel it would be nice to go from fang to heart to show his positivity growing, him slowly moving on from his mate passing away/hatred towards starclan, ect. shows growth]

"I doubt i would remember either," daydream commented. they suddenly felt old. they were the second eldest medicine cat to have their rank, not by age of course. so many new faces had been added to the group of medicine cats, and shinefang was one of the few that hadnt changed since when daydream had joined. even if he was a grouch, they were proud of him. "I, Daydream, medicine cat of Shadowclan, call upon my," they paused, a noticeable agitated twitch in their eye," warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help he will serve he Clan for many moons." they paused, opening their eyes,"Shinefang, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"
(That is a lovely name! Course, my old boy is way to attached to Shinefang. He likes how it makes him sound fierce. In spite of being a medicine cat, he still has the spirit of a warrior.)

The Shadowclan cat's discomfort with the ceremony hardly phased him. Once, ages ago, the old tom had swore to defend his clan at the cost of his life. Now, here he was about to swear to stand apart from the rivalry that often called on warriors to defend their clan. The old tom blinked, and bowed his head in a solemn "I do," thinking to himself that though he took on this new role now to serve all the clans, his heart would always belong to and serve Skyclan whether he did so with his claws and teeth or a den full of plants.

Old May 1st, 2018, 11:09 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
(That is a lovely name! Course, my old boy is way to attached to Shinefang. He likes how it makes him sound fierce. In spite of being a medicine cat, he still has the spirit of a warrior.)

The Shadowclan cat's discomfort with the ceremony hardly phased him. Once, ages ago, the old tom had swore to defend his clan at the cost of his life. Now, here he was about to swear to stand apart from the rivalry that often called on warriors to defend their clan. The old tom blinked, and bowed his head in a solemn "I do," thinking to himself that though he took on this new role now to serve all the clans, his heart would always belong to and serve Skyclan whether he did so with his claws and teeth or a den full of plants.
Daydream gave a small nod,"Then by the powers of my ancestors, I you will now be, as before, named Shinefang." they announced. after they did they padded forward, licking shinefangs forehead with a few shift licks. a jolt of electricity went through them as they did. daydream felt proud for watching shinefang finish his training, taking part in some of it. they couldnt help but think how proud geckoleaf would be of them. training others and passing down their skills, doing other cats ceremonies when it wasnt that long ago that it was theres.

"You are now the full medicine cat of skyclan."
Old May 4th, 2018, 06:25 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Daydream gave a small nod,"Then by the powers of my ancestors, I you will now be, as before, named Shinefang." they announced. after they did they padded forward, licking shinefangs forehead with a few shift licks. a jolt of electricity went through them as they did. daydream felt proud for watching shinefang finish his training, taking part in some of it. they couldnt help but think how proud geckoleaf would be of them. training others and passing down their skills, doing other cats ceremonies when it wasnt that long ago that it was theres.

"You are now the full medicine cat of skyclan."
The old tom bowed to let the younger cat lick him on the top of the head, then looked up with a smile. "Thank ya," he said simply. The moons of work had come together at last, and now Shinefang knew what he was doing in the medicine den at least most of the time. It was as much as he could ask for. Taking one last look around the starry hunting grounds, a purr escaped him as he thought of how proud Slatepelt would be of him the next time they spoke together. Closing his eyes, he felt his body grow colder as his mind shifted back to the dark Starcave. He woke up beside the pool, and stood, grunting as his joints protested.

Old August 3rd, 2018, 05:30 PM
whats up danger?

@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Cosmo , @Charmer , @Silver Fishie

[there is no post order, but i will post every few posts just to keep things moving along in the plot!]

thing had been a bit tense since surgestorm died, and it still was, even if it was awhile ago. how shinefang had reacted to fallenstar was terrible for it. trust them. they missed juniperpaw too. they would give anything to see her again. but they couldnt. he wasnt the only one who had lost her yet hes acting so stuck up about it. that all happened awhile ago, but daydream hasnt spoken to shinefang once since, despite how close they had been before. they walked along into the starcave with flashpaw at their side. she wasnt there when day and shine really fought, and they were glad honestly. "this is your first starcave meeting, are you excited?" they mewed, trying to brighten the mood. they had never given her a medcat ceremony. they disliked starclan, and it wasnt something they would actively teach if they didnt feel the need to. and they didnt need a ceremony to know that flashpaw was the medcat apprentice they were meant for.

Last edited by graves; August 3rd, 2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 05:38 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @king kaleb! , @Charmer , @Silver Fishie

The young molly's fur bristled as she walked up the path to the moonpool. It wasn't out of anger, oh no, the she-cat was far from angry. She was bristling in excitement and fear mixed together into some unnamed emotion. This was her first meeting at the moonpool, not to mention her first as a medicine cat. Surgestorm could have been here.. Oriolepaw thought, but quickly brushed the thought from her mind. It wouldn't help her to think about the death of her mentor. The molly's golden orbs spotted Daydream and Flashpaw walking a little while ahead of her. Oriolepaw quickened her pace until she was a bit behind them, deciding to let them have a bit of space if they wished.