by Seamrog
Last post by Seamrog
Today 12:43 AM
Diving Down- Goldfish...
by zBlaze
Last post by ophelia
Today 12:23 AM

Old December 15th, 2023, 01:19 AM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: WindClan Patrols

Stars, not an herb patrol. Picking flowers and leaves was totally how Creekchill wanted to spend his evening. Why couldn't the medicine cats just have special helpers or something to do this sort of stuff?

The brown-and-cream tom took his sweet time lumbering his way after Cowtuft, debating trying to make a break for it when he wasn't looking. He was, however, unable to come up with a suitable reason to suddenly sprint out of camp. If only the stars could send a fox crashing through, or a sudden storm.

He was assigned to go with his apprentice (whom he hadn't seen a lot of- not that Creekchill could blame the youngster, Stempaw probably thought he was boring) and some warrior he didn't really know. He tried to pay attention to Cowtuft's instructions, not wanting to screw up and have to go back out again.

Disinterest turning to interest was not something he had on his list of expectations for the day, but that's exactly what happened when mushrooms were brought up. Go into a cave to collect them? Now that actually sounded interesting. Better than whatever the other patrols had been tasked to get, surely. Perhaps he could check out one of those glowing ones...

Nodding to show the medicine cat he understood, Creekchill shifted his attention towards waiting for his patrolmates. This could be a good teaching opportunity for Stempaw (blegh, he couldn't believe the words "teaching moment" even crossed his mind), if the apprentice showed up.

He decided to wait for a little while, and then head out on his own if they didn't show. Normally, he'd do anything to delay a patrol, but this one was a rare one that had his interest.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old December 15th, 2023, 08:09 AM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

Stars, not an herb patrol. Picking flowers and leaves was totally how Creekchill wanted to spend his evening. Why couldn't the medicine cats just have special helpers or something to do this sort of stuff?

The brown-and-cream tom took his sweet time lumbering his way after Cowtuft, debating trying to make a break for it when he wasn't looking. He was, however, unable to come up with a suitable reason to suddenly sprint out of camp. If only the stars could send a fox crashing through, or a sudden storm.

He was assigned to go with his apprentice (whom he hadn't seen a lot of- not that Creekchill could blame the youngster, Stempaw probably thought he was boring) and some warrior he didn't really know. He tried to pay attention to Cowtuft's instructions, not wanting to screw up and have to go back out again.

Disinterest turning to interest was not something he had on his list of expectations for the day, but that's exactly what happened when mushrooms were brought up. Go into a cave to collect them? Now that actually sounded interesting. Better than whatever the other patrols had been tasked to get, surely. Perhaps he could check out one of those glowing ones...

Nodding to show the medicine cat he understood, Creekchill shifted his attention towards waiting for his patrolmates. This could be a good teaching opportunity for Stempaw (blegh, he couldn't believe the words "teaching moment" even crossed his mind), if the apprentice showed up.

He decided to wait for a little while, and then head out on his own if they didn't show. Normally, he'd do anything to delay a patrol, but this one was a rare one that had his interest.
@elaif

Silently watching the other cat from a distance before the quiet tom approaches them and dips his head in greeting. He does not bother introducing himself - nor does he even speak. He does not want to waste his breath on a cat that so clearly does not want him here. Glancing around for the other cat that is on this patrol, the young WindClan warrior's eyes are filled with disinterest.

Patrols are so terrible, honestly. The warrior thinks to himself before he glances at Creekchill, the feminine red-mackerel-tabby-and-black tom can't help but yawn. He's always hated herb patrols - why can't the medicine cats make a group of cats who actually like this?

The burn-scarred, half-blind tom looks at Creekchill with his icy cold, light green eyes before he slowly blinks and offers another respectful dip of his head as he plainly sits there with not one word spoken to the other cats.

Story Writing(tips and others) |

Lynxfang - Beefed Up Tier One
Shatterpaw - Skip The Steps
Burnetkit - Silver Tongue and Mind Reader

Old December 15th, 2023, 09:22 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiebugg View Post

DuskPaw smiled at the medicine cat.

'Yeah! I can do that!'

She flicked her tail excitedly, happy to be on a patrol.

@gs29513 @chickadee
- - -

Redspring nods with a small smile. “I’m happy to help. Now, should we get going you two?” He asks, turning to the other warrior and apprentice.

Old December 16th, 2023, 03:24 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Deadmoon was used to Cowtuft enough by now that his silent summons was interpreted as such, and answered swiftly enough. She was content to wait for him to retrieve the cats who would presumably be accompanying her on an herb patrol, Duskpaw first and then Redspring a moment later. As he began 'describing' their quarry, she did her best to pay attention. The names of herbs weren't exactly her strong suit, especially when it tended to be Cowtuft sending her out on patrols rather than Lightningstorm. She didn't really have anything against his preferred mode of communication, but it made it a bit difficult to know what he wanted sometimes.

This time, it seemed like yellow flowers of some kind were on the menu. Yellow, and apparently with......multiple flowers to a stalk? Was that what he was trying to say? It seemed like it, and she definitely knew he wanted yellow flowers but not any of the usual ones like sunfuzzies or marigold. That must be what his repeated gestures meant, that there were more than one flower to a stem. Either that, or he wanted a lot of them. But now he was going on about something blue? Thank the stars he was going slowly, or else she'd have no idea what was going on. They were like blueflowers, but yellow. Ok. She wasn't aware of any blue flowers that looked remotely like the yellow flowers she'd had to find before, so it seemed like it would be her earlier interpretation. Yellow flowers with multiple flowers to a stalk. Should be distinctive at least.

Slightly more understanding of their mission, Deadmoon mewed a quick Got it. to Cowtuft as he went off in search of more herb-hunting victims, turning to her patrolmates. They seemed quite eager. Perhaps too eager. If they planned on running their maws the entire time it was going to get old quite quickly. Hoping to set a more businesslike tone to the proceedings, she replied to Redspring's question with a short Yes, let's. before turning to stride toward the camp entrance. They'd probably need to go a bit further afield for these yellow things, seeing as she couldn't remember coming across them before (though that could be her own lack of attention) and there was no point in delaying. @chickadee @Ladiebugg
Old December 16th, 2023, 06:18 PM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Busy

Default Re: WindClan Punishments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive

Whiskers twitching, the lithe calico's eyes narrowed, a spark of lightning brewing within. Evidently the tom was alive and well, considering the speed with which he had responded to her call. So why had he failed to respond to Mousefern's. Honestly... He was such a drag. Closing her eyes, the medicine cat took a deep breath. She would remain neutral and would treat him as she would any other irresponsible arse that decided to skip on patrols. No special vitriol for him. Whatever problems they had, she refused to let it reflect in her clan duties. A trait which she was merely assuming she did not share with the odious warrior.

"I have been informed by Mousefern that you couldn't be bothered to show yourself for patrol when called by either myself or your patrol leader. Gratefully, both Mousefern and Brightpaw picked up your slack and brought back the precious herbs needed, but that don't mean you get to rest while they were at hard work. I won't ask for your reasons for not being there. Unless it is a medical matter, your privacy is your own. But you will go on patrol this time, or there will be consequences for your actions, understood?" she mewed briskly, tail lashing as she made quick, mental stock of what herbs were in their storage before sending the dark gray tom away.

"Leafbare is almost upon us, and with it, most herbs die. Our supply of sunfuzz is proper depleted, innit? Head on out to the territory and bring back as much as you can. Normally I would ask for some restraint to avoid overpicking, but with only one cat out on patrol, I will take whatever you can find. It grows in clusters most of the time, and has a sweet, earthy scent. Very distinct. I suggest leaving immediately, while the herb's scent is still heavy in the air."

Instructions given, Lightningstorm covered her paws with her tail as she sat. She wasn't certain if the tom had taken note of anything she'd said. He'd always seemed to be more interested in whatever his innermost thoughts were than the cats who surrounded him. Today that would not be an option, however. Patrols were an essential part of clan life. The medicine cat already wondered how this one kept his position of warrior. If he failed to hold up to yet another simple, herb picking task she would have to bring up her concerns regarding him to Twilightstar yet again. Dislike for the warrior aside, she would not jeopardize the health of any one cat on something as petty as having negative feelings for them.

@ChristmasFawn [Scalescar]
| Scalescar has until December 21st 2023, 11:59 EST to bring back the goldenrod - sunfuzz is the clan name for the flower - and finish his punishment patrol. Remember to link to your post of the character picking up the herbs and noting the number of herbs picked as well when having him return. |

Scalescar as dump as he was, he was even more dumber and lazier now a days. The tom sighed and listened to lightningstorm before nodding"Yes lightningstorm" he rumbled before leaving quickly to find the goldenrod

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old December 16th, 2023, 06:34 PM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Busy

Upon entering camp with the 7 goldenrods he barely found he began to search around for Lightningstorm,once catching a scent of lightningstorm. A sigh escaped him as he set the flowers down gently"Lightningstorm, i'm back with the herbs you requested. " he calledmout not wanting to disturb the clan.

( So sorry for short post i'm on my tablet so its sloppy) ( Link ( herbs found: 7 goldenrods)

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old December 17th, 2023, 07:02 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
✭✭ ▒ ❝Herb Patrols!❞ ▒ ✭✭

[ if you are getting mentioned, it means cowtuft has chosen your character for an herb patrol. if your character cannot participate - please have your character provide an in-character reason so they can be exempted & replaced. in case of emergencies, please contact me via vm/pm and we can work something out! ]

[ ☪ | failure to communicate will result in a punishment being delivered. a minor punishment will be delivered if there is partial communication. no punishment will be delivered if you communicate. an extension can be requested three days after the due date. however, there will still be an ic reaction of disappointment & a minor punishment. if you request an extension before the due date, there will be no punishment. ]

[ ☪ | this patrol is due on december 13th by 11:59 EST !! if a patrol is going slow - 42 hours without a reply, you should bump them and skip after 72 hours - you have full permission to take it over and/or finish it yourself. apprentices are not expected to do this alone because of safety reasons. only five herbs should be collected at maximum unless your character has the collector's purrk and/or alternative methods were used. ]

[ cowtuft uses body language & sign language to communicate primarily. any dialogue in italics is in sign / non-verbal, any dialogue in bold is verbal speech. facial blindness prevents him from easily recognizing clanmates and he may display confusion. ]

The medicine cat had been struggling to come to a proper conclusion about the sudden deaths. Surely, it had to be a plague. Berryfrost had chills, but that was the bloody thing Cowtuft couldn't figure out. Snow sickness always had chills, it presented first -- a clear sign. None of his other clanmates had such symptoms, Foxkit didn't even appear to have been sick. Still, attempting to sit around and think felt too little. He needed something on paw, an attempt to combat this. Since Lightningstorm had been handling the primary patrols, Cowtuft sought to have a more sudden one. It would take a bit of navigation.

[ Optional Prompt: Exploring through the tunnels under Sky Glade you accidentally get lost! ,, Man is that rumbling noise the tunnels or your stomach? ] Poppysong [ @MangofDoom ] + Bravebird [ @birdie ] + Softsong [ @lesbianism ] + Hawkfur [ @Micanomancy - Sunset Roses
He didn't quite want to send any apprentices out on this patrol. The tunnels were always more difficult to navigate, it was a bit of an uncomfortable risk when there was not too many well-versed cats in their clan these days. Still, Cowtuft had did his best to try and wrangle up four warriors he believed would be best suited,, he hoped four. Most of his communication was done with various vague gestures to the Breezerock and hopes whoever he had picked would follow him.

"There is.. no leader in this patrol.. I trust you all to do you best to be as efficient as possible ..and direct your fellow patrolmates as .. needed.. Communicate, as always.. If you all would be up for it,,, I have an urgent task .. Underneath the Sky Glade resides.. the tunnel system, specifically.. an open area under the Lone Pine,, "

"Bright red,, and orange roses should grow.. in the depths of the darkness.. ! Typically, you can find it.. by following the glowing mushrooms -- do not eat them, they will likely kill you -- " A shudder rolled down Cowtuft's spine as he signed swiftly, attempting to his body language to get across a proper point. "Collect as many as you can,,, and that is all.. Please and thank you, very much..!!!"

[ confused on how patrols work? check out this guide! ]

Bravebird
She/her | 41 moons | Beefed Up T3 ᐧ One with the Warren
The trek had taken awhile, mainly because of the injuries sustained and the time taken to recollect themselves. But eventually the patrol made its way back to the plateau and Brave gave a nod to the others before searching for Cowtuft. Her tail waved to gather the medicine cat's attention before she began to speak. "Part of the tunnels collapsed; they trapped Poppysong underneath who... I believe is being taken to Lightningstorm." At least that where she hoped the young warrior was headed. "Everyone did great though, and if it hadn't been for both Hawkfur and Softsong, Poppysong would still be trapped underneath that rubble." Which was true. As much as she prided herself on her strength, Brave would not have been able to pull the younger warrior out on her own.

"We'll likely need Crowtooth or Dustbunny to go out an reinforce them so that they're usable again, and sturdier than before. But we did manage to get some of those sunset flowers you wanted." She had gotten four in total, and the others were likely dropping theirs off with Poppysong. Brave would go deposit hers after a bit, having set them at her paws at the beginning of this interaction. For now she lingered a bit to see if there would be anything else Cowtuft needed before she could go clean the dirt and rubble off her fur - and maybe take a moment to breathe.

[ @wolfie - herb patrol report! ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old December 18th, 2023, 07:58 AM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

s o f t s o n g
she/her - 97 moons - WindClan - bisexual - tags; @wolfie

"Sorry for the delay," she mewed. "I hope we got back with your roses in time. I'm sure Bravebird already told you about the collapse - we had to make a detour to take Poppysong to your den. I dropped the flowers off while I was there." Between this and the incident during their apprenticeship, Softsong was starting to think that Poppysong liked being in the medicine den. She was grateful Bravebird had taken charge - seeing Poppysong so helpless had taken her right back to her days as her mentor, and Bravebird's instructions had helped keep her head clear. They might not have gotten out without her leadership.

♡ drawn by my friend nika @lacecap

Last edited by lesbianism; December 18th, 2023 at 08:00 AM.
Old December 18th, 2023, 02:12 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive

If Lightningstorm was to be honest, she hadn't really expected Scalescar back this quickly. Actually, scratch that. She hadn't expected the scarred warrior back at all. Not that she expected something would happen to him or he would vanish from the clan. She simply expected him to forget about his patrol or deem it unimportant once again. Whichever struck his fancy. Needless to say, then, a brow quirked in surprise when she spotted the tom padding towards her with sunnyfuzzies in maw.

Getting up to meet him as she lay on the center of the clearing, sunning herself well away from the branches of the Galewood, she realized she hadn't needed to bother. It seemed that despite his nose being no doubt assaulted by the scent of the yellow blooms, he was able to locate her smell. Either her herbal scent was prominent enough, or the tom's sense of smell rivaled Snowybreeze's for potency. Normally, this would catch her curiosity. Spark interest and lead to questions, but considering the cat that was involved this time around, the healer could frankly not be bothered. Small talk with this warrior was not something she particularly looked forward to or needed as a part of her day.

All said and done, however, Scalescar had accomplished his punishment in record time, which meant there was really no reason to be nasty. Although she couldn't help but wonder why he couldn't have simply done this in the first place! And he would have had company, too! Mousefern was always a pleasant molly to be with. No reason to avoid work just to avoid her! Unless of course there had been some other reason, which once more Lightningstorm found herself not itching to ask about.

Instead, she turned her gaze upon the dropped flowers, ears perked as she listened to the warrior speak. His words were sighed out. What? Was he exasperated at having been sent on patrol after all? Well excuse her for needing to have stocks filled out to make sure everyone was proper healthy during the cold moons. Boring it might be - to some, she had always enjoyed picking herbs - it was still an essential, life saving task required in the clan! Then again... the lithe calico supposed she expected too much from Scalescar if she thought he would go through this so efficiently without a single complaint, no matter how silent of a complaint it had been.

"Thank you. You are free to go, I'll see about getting them into storage," Lightningstorm responded, her tone brisk and business like before she dipped her head, grabbing the flowers gently before heading underground with them.

@ChristmasFawn [Scalescar]
| Punishment completed! Also, please ignore Lightning being Lightning. She's stressed and biased. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old December 19th, 2023, 07:00 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 45 moons
---------------
[Cowtuft - @wolfie ]
---------------
Hawkfur had limped back to camp when Bravebird and Softsong did, supporting Poppysong on one side. He had nodded to Cowtuft, and steered the injured warrior to the medicine cat's den.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~