Today 05:11 PM

Old May 13th, 2024, 11:15 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Saltmeadow Marsh

MIREPAW
she/her | shadowclan apprentice | 7 moons
Okay, so maybe this cat was alright! As she felt a tail wrap around her and saw the smile, Mirepaw relaxed a little. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw too how Mama tossed her a smile of her own. Okay, she would be alright. Beaming back up at Redrobin, the young cat waved her tail. "I hope so! Our family had an a... argoo... arguuuu... arguuumanty? I just want to make them smile." And a if on cue, a broad smile spread across their face.

She glanced at Tuftedtusk, not too sure about him but offered him a hesitant smile nonetheless. She kept close to Redrobin, peering up at her with a grin each time she looked back. "What's a robin?" she asked, having never heard of that before. There were a lot of things she didn't know. Like what a robin was, or a mire, or a tufted or tusk.

An odd smell soon flooded her senses and Mirepaw wrinkled her nose. It was tangy and sharp, and smelled like how it usually did when it rained. "What's that smell?" the black-and-gray patterned apprentice asked, looking immediately to Redrobin for an answer.

[ Redrobin - @paris ] [ Tuftedtusk - @Aroogi ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; May 13th, 2024 at 11:20 AM.
Old May 13th, 2024, 02:33 PM
Lil gamer pup :3

Bump Policy: MIN: 6 hours ; MAX: 24 hours
My Mood: Sad

Tuftedtusk
| He/Him - ShC - 27 moons |

The large tom followed his patrol, tail swishing behind him. When he saw Mirepaw smile at him, he offered a warm smile back, along with a purr bubblinh in his throat. She was young, but very curious. That was good.

He wouldn't answer the question about the robin, as it was directed towards Red. But when she asked what the smell was, he would answer.

"That's salt I do believe, right Robin?"

[ Mirepaw @taillow
Redrobin @paris ]

•••

"The worst part of dreaming is waking up."
Please bump me after 24hrs if I don't respond!
• sig icon by SqdPxl on deviantart •

Character Site
Old May 13th, 2024, 02:37 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Angelic

ShadowClan/RiverClan Re: Saltmeadow Marsh

''Don't worry about it, Mirepaw,'' Redrobin murmured softly. ''I'm sure that your family will work it out.''

She chuckled softly as Mirepaw asked what a robin was. ''A robin is a type of bird,'' The calico mewed with a wave of her plumed, feathery dark ginger tail. ''A robin is a small, plump bird. Its black beak is short and thin. Males and females look identical, sporting a brown back, white belly and red chest, face and cheeks.''

The ShadowClanner turned to Tuftedtusk and nodded, glancing at Mirepaw over her shoulder. ''Yes, that is salt. It smells like that because its part of the water,'' Redrobin purred softly. ''Across the border is RiverClan territory. Remember that you don't want to go there.''

@taillow // @Aroogi

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder
Scratch HR Positions:
Robinstar [ ThC Lead] - Anachronismpounce [ ShC Dep ] - Roaringstar [ SkC Lead ] - Pareidoliastar [ WC Lead ]

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird's Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Fireflyflicker: The Collector, Mind Reader, Agatha Kitty

Last edited by paris; May 13th, 2024 at 02:38 PM.
Old May 13th, 2024, 11:58 PM
as long as i breathe

MIREPAW
Both cats? Good. Their warm smiles made Mirepaw feel much more at ease in patrolling with cats who weren't her family. She trotted along and tilted her head. Salt? What was salt? Her jaws parted to ask what salt was when Redrobin answered her question about a robin. "Oh! My sister's name is Birdpaw! Does that mean she'll be Birdrobin when she grows up??" She grinned thinking about Birdy and wondering what her patrol was up to.

Okay so salt was in the water. Mirepaw nodded and looked over at the new, unfamiliar territory. "Why can't we go over there?" She twisted around to look at either warrior for an answer, tail flicking behind her, before turning back around to face the border. She trotted up to it but didn't cross the line where the new smell started. It didn't smell bad... but it wasn't something the dark apprentice was used to. Briefly she wondered if she would get to see any of these 'RiverClan' cats. She didn't know much about any of the other Clans, really, at least not yet.

Old May 14th, 2024, 08:19 PM

Tuftedtusk
| He/Him - ShC - 27 moons |

Tuftedtusk looked at Mirepaw as she asked the question, tail flicking side to side. "We don't go over because its not our territory, Mirepaw. Just as no other clan should cross into ours." He explained gently, ear flicking."It's also against the warrior code to hunt on other clans territory. So if prey crosses over when your trying to catch it, don't follow. You can get in big trouble."

[ @taillow ; @paris ]

•••

Character Site
Old May 14th, 2024, 08:29 PM
too busy drawing cats.

ShadowClan/RiverClan Re: Saltmeadow Marsh

Redrobin, her calico fur bristling with a blend of pride and patience, approached Mirepaw with a soft gaze. "Tuftedtusk speaks true wisdom, Mirepaw," She mewed, her voice carrying the gentle authority of a seasoned warrior. "Our boundaries mark not just the edges of our territory, but the sacred agreement we hold with other Clans. Respect for their lands ensures harmony among us all."

She paused, her green eyes holding the young apprentice's gaze steadily. "Remember, Mirepaw, the warrior code guides us not just in battle, but in every step we take as guardians of these woods. Trust in it, and it will guide you true, even when the path seems uncertain."

With a reassuring flick of her tail, Redrobin dipped her head, offering silent encouragement for Mirepaw to absorb the lesson and carry it proudly in her heart.

"As you grow in strength and skill, Mirepaw," Redrobin continued, her tone warm with encouragement, "you'll come to understand the importance of loyalty to our Clan and respect for the codes that bind us together. It's not just about the prey we catch or the battles we fight, but the integrity of our character as warriors."

She took a moment to let her words sink in before speaking again. "And remember, Mirepaw, it's not weakness to show restraint. Sometimes, the bravest act is to hold back, to honor the boundaries that define us and the trust we've kind of built with our neighboring Clans. That, my young friend, is the mark of a true warrior."

With a final nod of reassurance, Redrobin stepped back, allowing Mirepaw to ponder the lessons imparted, knowing that with time and experience, the young apprentice would come to embody the very essence of what it meant to be a warrior of their proud clan.

@taillow // @Aroogi

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder
Scratch HR Positions:
Robinstar [ ThC Lead] - Anachronismpounce [ ShC Dep ] - Roaringstar [ SkC Lead ] - Pareidoliastar [ WC Lead ]

Last edited by paris; May 14th, 2024 at 08:35 PM.
Old May 14th, 2024, 10:23 PM
as long as i breathe

MIREPAW
No hunting on territory that didn't belong to her, or ShadowClan. If prey crossed over, she shouldn't chase it. Mirepaw nodded thoughtfully and turned to look back over the territory. It didn't seem all that much different from theirs, outside of the trees looking a bit different. Part of her wondered what the cats from RiverClan were like. Did they have families too? Did they have sisters and brothers, Mama's and Papa's that they looked out for? It brought a smile to her face to think so.

Robin-cat's voice had her twisting again as she peered up at her. "Resssspect..." Mirepaw echoed with a nod, mulling over the word in her head. She'd heard it once or twice, and knew sort of what it meant. Warrior code? Her ears perked up at that - she hadn't yet learned the code! Perhaps that was a future lesson that Starlingstreak would teach her. "Okay, I can follow it!" That seemed easy enough - if it was meant to guide her, then it only made sense to follow it, right?

Integrity. That was a big word she hadn't heard before, but it sounded important. Her eyes glittered at the mention of her growing in both strength and skill. "I wanna be like Mama or Papa one day - or even Gramma!" She admired all three of those cats; Mama was the best plant cat, no matter what rank she was now. Papa was fierce and formidable as one of the Clan's Enforcers, and Gramma... well, she was the coolest of them all. Leading the Clan from atop the big stone. One that she had managed to climb the day of her ceremony.

"True warrior... I can be a true warrior!" Bouncing on her paws and beaming up at the two warriors, Mirepaw gave each a big grin. "Mama says I can be anything I wanna be when I grow up, and that I'll be good at it! I hope I can be a good warrior. I wanna make my family proud!" Not just Mama and Papa, or Gramma, but her siblings, too. Howls... wherever she was, she wanted to make Howls proud too.

Twisting back around to face the border, she gave a determined huff. "A good warrior needs to know how to mark the borders. How do I do that?"

Old May 17th, 2024, 05:44 AM
too busy drawing cats.

ShadowClan Re: Saltmeadow Marsh

Redrobin approached Mirepaw with a gentle smile, her green eyes warm and encouraging. "You have a noble spirit, Mirepaw," she murmured, admiration evident in her tone. "To aspire to be like your family, to honor the traditions of our Clan... It speaks volumes of your character."

She dipped her head respectfully, acknowledging the weight of the warrior code. "Respect and integrity are the pillars of our way of life," she explained, her voice carrying the wisdom of seasons spent in the heart of the Clan. "By following these principles, you not only honor our ancestors but also pave the path for the next generation."

With a flick of her tail, she gestured to the expanse of their territory, the land they called home. "Every pawstep you take here, every hunt, every patrol—it's all part of a legacy, Mirepaw. A legacy that you're now a part of." Her gaze softened as she regarded the young apprentice, seeing the potential gleaming in her bright eyes.

"You're already on your way to becoming a true warrior," Redrobin assured her, her voice tinged with pride. "And remember, Mirepaw, the greatest strength lies not just in skill, but in heart. Your determination and devotion to your family and Clan will carry you far."

With a gentle nudge of her muzzle, Redrobin conveyed her belief in the young cat's potential. "Make your family proud, Mirepaw. But most importantly, make yourself proud. That's the mark of a true warrior."

The calico turned back to the border. ''Now, to mark borders, Mirepaw, you'll just rub your pelt along something close to you that is apart of our border,'' Redrobin instructed with a wave of her plumed, feathery dark ginger tail. ''Like that tree over there. Watch me, and then copy my actions on that bush.''

Gesturing to the bush with a flick of her muzzle, Redrobin headed over to the tree and ran her cheek along the rippled bark. The ShadowClanner did this a couple of times before she turned back to face Mirepaw. ''Now you try.''

@taillow - it'll be your turn next :0

Scratch HR Positions:

Last edited by paris; May 17th, 2024 at 08:57 AM.
Old May 17th, 2024, 08:45 AM

Tuftedtusk nodded, pride in his eyes as Redrobin explained the values and codes of clan life. With a wisk of his tail, he would go to another tree and mark it with his scent.

@taillow @paris
[ im so sorry... ive been having family issues, im back now!! ]

•••

Character Site
Old May 18th, 2024, 02:17 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

[ Cherryswirl - 54 Moons]
She/Her | Chaotic Good | Warrior
Go With The Flow [Active]

[ THIS IS SO LATE!! IM SO SORRY!! ]

The warrior couldn't help but chortle with laughter at their new clanmates question, giving a quiet, though respectful nod to Starlingflight as she noticed her approach. It had been a long time since she'd had to explain what the borders were - not that she had ever had her own kits... and her apprentices (at the time) Cinnamonswirl, Fishfreckle, Dunepaw, Minkpaw, and Wingpaw had known what they were when she took them around for a tour - just not necessarily what to expect. Wisteriawren though... this was a totally new experience! Without trying to come off as condescending as she maintained her friendly tone, Cherryswirl gave a flick of her tail for the pair to follow her,

"It's the name of the border that we share with Shadowclan. Here, come along - we'll show you!" And with that, the warrior ducked her head out of the camp entrance and into the territory.

----------- TO SALTMEADOW MARSH -----------------

Cherryswirl kept a brisk pace as she led them to the border, throwing back a glance to make sure Wisteriawren was keeping up alright - to be fair, she wasn't worried about Starling. With Starling being her senior, Swirls knew her to be a trustworthy and competent warrior. Swirls winced as the terrain began to shift to a more muddy and soft texture. As the patrol approached the border, Cherryswirl made note of the recent scent - her pelt bristling slightly with disgust. The warrior turned her gaze back to the young cat,

"This here is the Saltmeadow Marsh - Smell that?" Swirls raised her head up slightly, drinking in the earthy, pine scent, "Looks like Shadowclan has been around recently... When we come to patrol these borders we make sure to re-up the scent while we're here, that way Shadowclan doesn't try and move the borders if the scent is faint. Sometimes just walking along is enough to keep it recent - I like to make sure our smell is nice and thick-" Swirls paced around momentarily, approaching a tree in the area to use as a scent post. She rubbed the side of her face along the tree followed by the rest of her body.

"Why don't you try Wisteria?" Swirls looked over to Starlingflight as well, giving a warm smile, "Starling might have some advice to add as well - She's a seasoned warrior, you know."

[ @Rose - Wisteriawren | @Tiabirb - Starlingflight ]

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart