Last post by Yoshdo
Today 11:53 AM

Old September 7th, 2017, 02:26 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Honestly, the tom hadn't been expecting a thanks - he hadn't really been thinking about it. He didn't need one, of course, the tom was glad to do it, and the words caught him off guard. "Oh, you're welcome!" The feline smiled. It kind of seemed like he was generally taken for granted. The occasional 'good job' was not overrated, although he got enough of those. But a thank you every once in a while was definitely appreciated, and while he hadn't been expecting it, he was very thankful for it. "Yep! It's awesome in here - we have parties all the time. Always a fun time in here," The tom grinned. He always had fun with training.

Everything was a game to him - much to his mentor's annoyance, but that was okay! Wasn't it part of apprenticehood to have some fun? He knew that his future apprentice was going to have the best time ever. He was going to have to be professional, though, try and get a little knowledge through to them... but that didn't mean tat he had to be serious about it. He didn't have to go on and on if the other cat grasped the concept, did he? Oh geez, how was he supposed to train? But that was all in the future.

For now, he was going to focus on the present... his own training. And teaching Mintkit some moves, but that wasn't going to be super difficult. "I've been working on my crouch, actually. It's harder then it looks - so maybe you could help me out some? Just tell me if it looks even, or at least close to, and then if you wanted I could teach you," He mewed with a smile. Yep, this was going to be a regular party. It didn't matter that she was serious! Pretty soon, Marshpaw would have her having a great time. It wasn't going to be hard at all. After all, didn't she already have an adventurous streak? Besides... it was hard to stay that serious around him, at least forever. He had that talent. The talent of turning cats' brains to mush, in a sense. Well, not exactly like that, but he seemed to zap their common sense for the time being.
Mintkit nodded as he accepted the thanks, returning the smile gently. Her tail tip twitched as he spoke again about the training cave, a small spark of amusement in her eyes. At least he enjoyed training. This cat was someone Mintkit could get along with, despite how different they seemed; They were alike where it counted. "Im sure it is fun." She purred, a wistful tone to her voice. She did want to be an apprentice, to be able to train, too. Then again, this was okay. She was with Marshpaw. Perhaps in the future, he would be her mentor, once he became a warrior. That sounded exciting.

He did seem to like games. Mintkit wasnt one for games, honestly. At least, not the kit games her siblings played. Did apprentices play more advanced games? Probably. Mintkit felt like she fit in with them more than the other kits. She felt older than she was. Alot older. Shaking her fur out, the young she-kit brought her eyes back to Marshpaw. She felt like she fit in with him. He didnt judge her for being so mature or intelligent for her age. And she didnt judge him for being so goofy and fun-loving. What was that called? Best friends. Mintkit smiled at the thought. Perhaps they were best friends. They just met, but Mintkit really liked this Tom.

She turned her ice blue eyes to him as he spoke again, nodding along to his words. "I'd love to help you." She mewed, flicking her tail lightly at his paws. Foxthorn liked to show off battle moves to her brothers. And so did Blackstorm, sometimes. Mintkit had never practiced them herself, but she'd observed enough to know how to perfect it if she did try. "And i'd love to learn." Mintkit grinned up at him, the excitement returning. "Well, go on, show me your crouch." The she-kit stepped back to give him some room, smiling kindly.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust

Last edited by Random Melody; September 7th, 2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:02 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melchester View Post
Mintkit nodded as he accepted the thanks, returning the smile gently. Her tail tip twitched as he spoke again about the training cave, a small spark of amusement in her eyes. At least he enjoyed training. This cat was someone Mintkit could get along with, despite how different they seemed; They were alike where it counted. "Im sure it is fun." She purred, a wistful tone to her voice. She did want to be an apprentice, to be able to train, too. Then again, this was okay. She was with Marshpaw. Perhaps in the future, he would be her mentor, once he became a warrior. That sounded exciting.

He did seem to like games. Mintkit wasnt one for games, honestly. At least, not the kit games her siblings played. Did apprentices play more advanced games? Probably. Mintkit felt like she fit in with them more than the other kits. She felt older than she was. Alot older. Shaking her fur out, the young she-kit brought her eyes back to Marshpaw. She felt like she fit in with him. He didnt judge her for being so mature or intelligent for her age. And she didnt judge him for being so goofy and fun-loving. What was that called? Best friends. Mintkit smiled at the thought. Perhaps they were best friends. They just met, but Mintkit really liked this Tom.

She turned her ice blue eyes to him as he spoke again, nodding along to his words. "I'd love to help you." She mewed, flicking her tail lightly at his paws. Foxthorn liked to show off battle moves to her brothers. And so did Blackstorm, sometimes. Mintkit had never practiced them herself, but she'd observed enough to know how to perfect it if she did try. "And i'd love to learn." Mintkit grinned up at him, the excitement returning. "Well, go on, show me your crouch." The she-kit stepped back to give him some room, smiling kindly.
The tom gave her a grin, before focusing on the wall in front of him. He found that it helped to focus, it seemed to almost center him and have his mind based on that one thing. Dark optics flashed with determination as he crouched down, trying to steady himself. The crouch was pretty good, and his muscles were tensed, ready to spring - in fact, Marshpaw seemed a little too tense. Had something just barely tapped him he probably would have sprang fowards. It was always more nervewracking for him when there was someone watching, although he didn't seem to get that. Right now he was trying to make sure that he was centered. Some of his weight was distributed unevenly and it showed - the left side was lighter then the right. He always did this, it was a reoccuring mistake, and yet one of the ones that was harder for Marshpaw to catch.

His tail twitched with anticipation as he stayed still, steadying himself... with his weight still in the same spot. "Am I even?" He mewed, some of his muscles relaxing a little. When it came to training, surprisingly, Marshpaw could be focused. After he had spoken about it being 'so much fun,' this looked like almost the opposite - the expression on his face was grim. A little bit too grim, as a matter of fact. He stayed still, but he was clearly thinking. About what? Who knew. Moments passed and he figured that, at this point, she was able to tell if he was stable and correct in his crouch or not. Then he would be able to teach her how to do one as well. Marshpaw had never really tried, not for real, to teach another kit something.

They would get tired and run off to play, leaving the tom to wonder if he had been annoying them or if there was a simpler explanation - if they had just lost interest. But, he really wanted to try with Mintkit. She didn't seem like she was going to lose interest. And he wanted to do his best by her, make sure that she was taught as he had promised. Marshpaw had never had a best friend before. Or even a cat who had seemed like they particuarly were interested in being his best friend, sometimes friends, but not really a best friend. He liked the younger cat a lot.

What if they were best friends? Someone who likes me for me... those cats were rare to find, and when you did find them, it was difficult to make sure that they weren't let go of. So Marshpaw was going to make sure that if Mintkit was one of those rare cats, he kept ahold of her as well as he could. "Your turn!" He mewed in a more cheerful voice, looking nothing like the cat who had been focused and crouched down before. He looked more excited. Happier, in a sense. Much happier.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:30 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

Quote:
The tom gave her a grin, before focusing on the wall in front of him. He found that it helped to focus, it seemed to almost center him and have his mind based on that one thing. Dark optics flashed with determination as he crouched down, trying to steady himself. The crouch was pretty good, and his muscles were tensed, ready to spring - in fact, Marshpaw seemed a little too tense. Had something just barely tapped him he probably would have sprang fowards. It was always more nervewracking for him when there was someone watching, although he didn't seem to get that. Right now he was trying to make sure that he was centered. Some of his weight was distributed unevenly and it showed - the left side was lighter then the right. He always did this, it was a reoccuring mistake, and yet one of the ones that was harder for Marshpaw to catch.

His tail twitched with anticipation as he stayed still, steadying himself... with his weight still in the same spot. "Am I even?" He mewed, some of his muscles relaxing a little. When it came to training, surprisingly, Marshpaw could be focused. After he had spoken about it being 'so much fun,' this looked like almost the opposite - the expression on his face was grim. A little bit too grim, as a matter of fact. He stayed still, but he was clearly thinking. About what? Who knew. Moments passed and he figured that, at this point, she was able to tell if he was stable and correct in his crouch or not. Then he would be able to teach her how to do one as well. Marshpaw had never really tried, not for real, to teach another kit something.

They would get tired and run off to play, leaving the tom to wonder if he had been annoying them or if there was a simpler explanation - if they had just lost interest. But, he really wanted to try with Mintkit. She didn't seem like she was going to lose interest. And he wanted to do his best by her, make sure that she was taught as he had promised. Marshpaw had never had a best friend before. Or even a cat who had seemed like they particuarly were interested in being his best friend, sometimes friends, but not really a best friend. He liked the younger cat a lot.

What if they were best friends? Someone who likes me for me... those cats were rare to find, and when you did find them, it was difficult to make sure that they weren't let go of. So Marshpaw was going to make sure that if Mintkit was one of those rare cats, he kept ahold of her as well as he could. "Your turn!" He mewed in a more cheerful voice, looking nothing like the cat who had been focused and crouched down before. He looked more excited. Happier, in a sense. Much happier.
Mintkit watched, ears pricking up as Marshpaw crouched. The Tom seemed focused, but Mintkit wasnt surprised. He could be focused when he needed to be; But Mintkit knew he was still that fun-loving, excited cat. Right now though he was focused and intent on what he was doing. And Mintkit would admit, the crouch looked great. I bet he's a great hunter and fighter. Mintkit decided. She didnt move until he spoke to her, asking if he was even. The she-kit took this time to study him, running her gaze over the Tom. Observing was what she was best at, after all. She did pad around to stand in front of him to get a better look, before padding forward, lightly nosing his front left paw out a bit more, creating some distance between the left paw and the right paw. She did the same with his back paws.

"Now you are." Mintkit decided, lightly prodding his shoulder with a paw to ensure that he was in a sturdy position. "Keeping your paws close together can make it easier for enemies to kick them out from under you in a battle. Spreading them out gives you a better advantage, and a sturdier posture so they cant knock you down easily. And it helps with hunting, so you dont wobble on your paws and alert any nearby prey. They could detect any slight movement." Mintkit chirped with a bright smile up at the older apprentice. She remembered Honeyfur explaining this to her brothers; Listening and observing was better sometimes instead of rushing in to get the move done. That way you could process all the information and remember it, then work on perfecting it. At least, that's how Mintkit saw things.

Mintkit stepped back to allow him to stand, grinning when he announced that it was her turn. He seemed much happier and less focused, making her laugh slightly. "Alright." She sounded faintly uncertain, however. Observing was one thing, doing was another. Had she learned enough from watching to be able to perfect it? Well, I dont need to get it right right away. Marshpaw'll help me. Mintkit decided, letting herself slip into a calm crouch. She put a little bit of distance between her paws and lowered her head, bringing her shoulders up and flattening her ears like she'd seen Honeyfur do several times.

"Is this good?" Mintkit stayed steady, only wobbling once. But she quickly slid her back paw forward to catch herself, staying sturdy after that. Her ice blue eyes flickered up to Marshpaw, but she didnt move otherwise, casting him a brilliant smile before looking ahead again, completely focused on keeping herself steady and rigid.

Forever...

Last edited by Random Melody; September 7th, 2017 at 03:31 PM.
Old September 7th, 2017, 04:36 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Mintkit watched, ears pricking up as Marshpaw crouched. The Tom seemed focused, but Mintkit wasnt surprised. He could be focused when he needed to be; But Mintkit knew he was still that fun-loving, excited cat. Right now though he was focused and intent on what he was doing. And Mintkit would admit, the crouch looked great. I bet he's a great hunter and fighter. Mintkit decided. She didnt move until he spoke to her, asking if he was even. The she-kit took this time to study him, running her gaze over the Tom. Observing was what she was best at, after all. She did pad around to stand in front of him to get a better look, before padding forward, lightly nosing his front left paw out a bit more, creating some distance between the left paw and the right paw. She did the same with his back paws.

"Now you are." Mintkit decided, lightly prodding his shoulder with a paw to ensure that he was in a sturdy position. "Keeping your paws close together can make it easier for enemies to kick them out from under you in a battle. Spreading them out gives you a better advantage, and a sturdier posture so they cant knock you down easily. And it helps with hunting, so you dont wobble on your paws and alert any nearby prey. They could detect any slight movement." Mintkit chirped with a bright smile up at the older apprentice. She remembered Honeyfur explaining this to her brothers; Listening and observing was better sometimes instead of rushing in to get the move done. That way you could process all the information and remember it, then work on perfecting it. At least, that's how Mintkit saw things.

Mintkit stepped back to allow him to stand, grinning when he announced that it was her turn. He seemed much happier and less focused, making her laugh slightly. "Alright." She sounded faintly uncertain, however. Observing was one thing, doing was another. Had she learned enough from watching to be able to perfect it? Well, I dont need to get it right right away. Marshpaw'll help me. Mintkit decided, letting herself slip into a calm crouch. She put a little bit of distance between her paws and lowered her head, bringing her shoulders up and flattening her ears like she'd seen Honeyfur do several times.

"Is this good?" Mintkit stayed steady, only wobbling once. But she quickly slid her back paw forward to catch herself, staying sturdy after that. Her ice blue eyes flickered up to Marshpaw, but she didnt move otherwise, casting him a brilliant smile before looking ahead again, completely focused on keeping herself steady and rigid.
As she moved around him, the feline couldn't help but feel a prickle of nervousness. She acted almost as though she were the older, or at least as though she were inspecting him like she was his mentor. The movement made him nervous, and he wobbled when she moved his paws apart - but kept them there. "You're too smart for me," He teased lightly after she spoke, flicking his tail as he straightened up. How did she know that? Where had she learned it? Truth be told, it made him just the slightest bit nervous that Mintkit was so smart. An anxious purr began rumbling in his throat as he watched her. The tom missed the uncertainty in her voice... he wasn't very good at picking those things up. Dark optics studied her movements, and he nodded as she moved. Yep, she was doing great so far. Only one slip caught his attention, and he smiled at seeing her catch it.

"Really good! Perfect, just about, I mean... better then I can do! Where'd you learn all this?" The tom asked. He had thought that he would have been the only one to teach her how to do these things, but obviously that wasn't true. She had learned this somewhere. And he was guessing that some warrior had taught it to her, because her stance was too close to perfect (and she had things she had corrected him for not having) for an apprentice to have taught her. Not many warriors really hung around kits, though, it wasn't considered 'cool.' Though since when had Marshpaw considered about the cool things in life? Mintkit was great to hang around, she was sweet, she was fun, and even though at first he had thought this was certain to be a clash of personalities, but she had proved him wrong.

The two of them were getting along better then he did with a lot of cats his age, which might be why Marshpaw chose to hang around kits. They were easier to get along with somehow. They were more eager, and they seemed to appreciate his fun-loving personality more. He liked Mintkit, it was like having a younger sister and that sister was also a great friend to him. "We can practice a couple of moves next - I've been mainly working on pinning and attack, my defense is pretty good - at least, I think so. I've probably defended myself against at least a dozen kits. Some of them came at me three at a time!" His eyes widened in mock fear as he played out the situation in his head. Technically, the time that the three kits had come out him, they had won - but those were minor details.

His defense had been good! Pretty good... at least his mentor had thought so. That was probably why they had moved on to attack, anyways. He glanced at Mintkit with a smile, awaiting her thoughts on the matter. So far he hadn't managed to really make her laugh - that was his goal, for the moment. He wanted to hear what she sounded like when she laughed. Right now he was picturing her having a clear sounding, soft, pretty feminine laugh. The kind of laugh that would be the envy of every she cat in the world.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old September 7th, 2017, 05:03 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

Quote:
As she moved around him, the feline couldn't help but feel a prickle of nervousness. She acted almost as though she were the older, or at least as though she were inspecting him like she was his mentor. The movement made him nervous, and he wobbled when she moved his paws apart - but kept them there. "You're too smart for me," He teased lightly after she spoke, flicking his tail as he straightened up. How did she know that? Where had she learned it? Truth be told, it made him just the slightest bit nervous that Mintkit was so smart. An anxious purr began rumbling in his throat as he watched her. The tom missed the uncertainty in her voice... he wasn't very good at picking those things up. Dark optics studied her movements, and he nodded as she moved. Yep, she was doing great so far. Only one slip caught his attention, and he smiled at seeing her catch it.

"Really good! Perfect, just about, I mean... better then I can do! Where'd you learn all this?" The tom asked. He had thought that he would have been the only one to teach her how to do these things, but obviously that wasn't true. She had learned this somewhere. And he was guessing that some warrior had taught it to her, because her stance was too close to perfect (and she had things she had corrected him for not having) for an apprentice to have taught her. Not many warriors really hung around kits, though, it wasn't considered 'cool.' Though since when had Marshpaw considered about the cool things in life? Mintkit was great to hang around, she was sweet, she was fun, and even though at first he had thought this was certain to be a clash of personalities, but she had proved him wrong.

The two of them were getting along better then he did with a lot of cats his age, which might be why Marshpaw chose to hang around kits. They were easier to get along with somehow. They were more eager, and they seemed to appreciate his fun-loving personality more. He liked Mintkit, it was like having a younger sister and that sister was also a great friend to him. "We can practice a couple of moves next - I've been mainly working on pinning and attack, my defense is pretty good - at least, I think so. I've probably defended myself against at least a dozen kits. Some of them came at me three at a time!" His eyes widened in mock fear as he played out the situation in his head. Technically, the time that the three kits had come out him, they had won - but those were minor details.

His defense had been good! Pretty good... at least his mentor had thought so. That was probably why they had moved on to attack, anyways. He glanced at Mintkit with a smile, awaiting her thoughts on the matter. So far he hadn't managed to really make her laugh - that was his goal, for the moment. He wanted to hear what she sounded like when she laughed. Right now he was picturing her having a clear sounding, soft, pretty feminine laugh. The kind of laugh that would be the envy of every she cat in the world.
Mintkit let out the smallest sigh in relief when he announced that she was doing good, slowly straightening up from the crouch and pulling her paws back into a normal position. When he told her it was better than he could do, the she-kit blinked up at him through disbelieving ice blue eyes. "Nonsense." She mewed. "You're far more experienced. Im mature, but im still a kit, after all." The she-kit flicked her tail tip decisively, and smiled to herself when he asked where he'd learned how to crouch like that. "My Aunt and Uncles, Honeyfur, Roarclaw and Blackstorm visit the nursery often." She informed, "And teach my brothers battle moves all the time. I've picked up some things. Watching and listening is the best thing for learning." Mintkit smiled, turning her head to groom her fur down.

This was going really well! Mintkit hadnt expected to make such a great friend so quickly. Marshpaw felt like an older brother to her in some ways; But also a best friend. She already felt like she could rely on him for anything, and she knew he could rely on her, too. And she hoped he knew this, too. Mintkit didnt have many friends; Not that she was an outcast, but many of the other kits were so excitable and loud and immature for her to handle. Marshpaw was excitable, yes, and could be loud and maybe a little immature, but he'd also proven that he could be focused, too. He just seemed like a nice cat; One Mintkit could get along with. And they were getting along, very well so.

His voice penetrated her thoughts, and Mintkit brought her gaze expectantly back to his face, ears pricked and ready to listen. She nodded, not interrupting as he spoke, and felt a rush of amusement at the story. "Three kits at once? Wow!" Her eyes were lit with amusement and interest as she gazed at Marshpaw, tilting her head the slightest bit. "Did you fight them off? Or did they overpower you with cuteness?" Her tone was slightly teasing, but still calm. She whisked her tail lightly, offering another smile.

"Well, kit-fighter, i'd like to learn some more moves." Mintkit grinned. Honeyfur, Roarclaw and Blackstorm hadnt worked on teaching her brothers defensive moves yet, and Mintkit was interested in seeing what Marshpaw could teach her. The kit focused admiring ice blue eyes on the Tom. She was sure he knew alot, and she was willing to learn. "So, what do you got?" She sat down and curled her tail neatly over her paws, gazing up at him. She pricked her ears and focused completely on Marshpaw, ready to observe and listen.

Forever...

Last edited by Random Melody; September 7th, 2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old September 7th, 2017, 05:43 PM
I shall be very inactive

My Mood: Amazed

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Flames View Post
Crowsong shrugged. "I don't know. To be honest, I don't even know how my father found us.", the gray she-cat meowed. (Crowsong has blue eyes, not green eyes.. Her brother has green eyes...)

She looked at Stoneheart as he said something. "Of course, Stoneheart! I would love to have kits with you.", she meowed.

(Sorry, I think I was thinking of another cat.)

Stoneheart almost felt like his heart stopped beating. Crowsong wanted to have kits too. He honestly couldn't believe it. He one day would be a father! He smiled at Crowsong and licked her muzzle. "I love you with all my heart, you have changed my useless life and made it something meaningful. You have always been there for me and I love you for it. I love everything thing about you. You may not think you're perfect, but you'll always be perfect to me."
The silver cat nuzzled his mate and purred. He wanted them to be together till the end of time, till the earth was destroyed. He could feel his immense love for her flowing through his veins and he relished it. Stoneheart could not find any words to explain his love for her or how beautiful she was, but he knew that his speech was enough.

Come check out my forum game!

Old September 7th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Idjit

My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
(Sorry, I think I was thinking of another cat.)

Stoneheart almost felt like his heart stopped beating. Crowsong wanted to have kits too. He honestly couldn't believe it. He one day would be a father! He smiled at Crowsong and licked her muzzle. "I love you with all my heart, you have changed my useless life and made it something meaningful. You have always been there for me and I love you for it. I love everything thing about you. You may not think you're perfect, but you'll always be perfect to me."
The silver cat nuzzled his mate and purred. He wanted them to be together till the end of time, till the earth was destroyed. He could feel his immense love for her flowing through his veins and he relished it. Stoneheart could not find any words to explain his love for her or how beautiful she was, but he knew that his speech was enough.
(It's okay.)

Crowsong smiled at Stoneheart as he licked her muzzle. "I love you with all my heart, too. You always have been there for me, too. I love everything about you, too, Stoneheart. I love you..", she meowed, nuzzling her mate.

Profile Picture by @benrito

Signature GIF: https://media.giphy.com/media/bVuDlIxG65K8w/giphy.gif
Old September 7th, 2017, 07:19 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Mintkit let out the smallest sigh in relief when he announced that she was doing good, slowly straightening up from the crouch and pulling her paws back into a normal position. When he told her it was better than he could do, the she-kit blinked up at him through disbelieving ice blue eyes. "Nonsense." She mewed. "You're far more experienced. Im mature, but im still a kit, after all." The she-kit flicked her tail tip decisively, and smiled to herself when he asked where he'd learned how to crouch like that. "My Aunt and Uncles, Honeyfur, Roarclaw and Blackstorm visit the nursery often." She informed, "And teach my brothers battle moves all the time. I've picked up some things. Watching and listening is the best thing for learning." Mintkit smiled, turning her head to groom her fur down.

This was going really well! Mintkit hadnt expected to make such a great friend so quickly. Marshpaw felt like an older brother to her in some ways; But also a best friend. She already felt like she could rely on him for anything, and she knew he could rely on her, too. And she hoped he knew this, too. Mintkit didnt have many friends; Not that she was an outcast, but many of the other kits were so excitable and loud and immature for her to handle. Marshpaw was excitable, yes, and could be loud and maybe a little immature, but he'd also proven that he could be focused, too. He just seemed like a nice cat; One Mintkit could get along with. And they were getting along, very well so.

His voice penetrated her thoughts, and Mintkit brought her gaze expectantly back to his face, ears pricked and ready to listen. She nodded, not interrupting as he spoke, and felt a rush of amusement at the story. "Three kits at once? Wow!" Her eyes were lit with amusement and interest as she gazed at Marshpaw, tilting her head the slightest bit. "Did you fight them off? Or did they overpower you with cuteness?" Her tone was slightly teasing, but still calm. She whisked her tail lightly, offering another smile.

"Well, kit-fighter, i'd like to learn some more moves." Mintkit grinned. Honeyfur, Roarclaw and Blackstorm hadnt worked on teaching her brothers defensive moves yet, and Mintkit was interested in seeing what Marshpaw could teach her. The kit focused admiring ice blue eyes on the Tom. She was sure he knew alot, and she was willing to learn. "So, what do you got?" She sat down and curled her tail neatly over her paws, gazing up at him. She pricked her ears and focused completely on Marshpaw, ready to observe and listen.
"Ha, well, you've picked up more at a younger age then I have at this age. Experience doesn't always mean that you're better at something, technically," The older tom sighed wistfully. Even at his age he was still having trouble with his training. What he could blame for that, he had no idea. There had to be something, if... only he knew what it was. Maybe it was just his inability to focus completely, that seemed like an accurate thing to blame, didn't it? The feline sighed and his tail twitched with minor frustration. Ah, so she had family members to teach those sorts of things to her! That was good. It was nice to have family who cared that much. Marshpaw wished he had more clues on their whereabouts, but honestly, he doubted they would even care.

That was okay, though - he would make new friends, they would become more like family, and bam... maybe someday he would have a family. The realest of families, better then his family had even been towards him. Is she actually impressed, orr... Marshpaw thought for a moment, studying the kit with a semi-puzzled expression before his features broke into a smile. This was one of the reasons he liked Mintkit a lot, she seemed to hold this almost serene sense of humor that would come out when he least expected it, and she was quiet which only made it more fascinating. "Well..." He paused for a moment, thinking how to make himself sound better. It would be embarassing if he was revealed to have been beaten by a couple of kits, and he tried to think about it more.

"In all fairness, they were pretty big kits. Three of them against me? Not a fair fight, am I right?" The feline chuckled in an embarassed manner. Although he couldn't really be embarassed, he kind of wanted to save face in front of the she cat. After all, he didn't quite feel like looking like a fool or incompetant. Kind of late for that when even the younger cat seemed to be more focused and determined and better at these things then him. Except, surprisingly, that didn't deliver a single hit to his self-esteem. But, her attention focused on him, the tom felt just the slighest bit better. It was nice, having someone watching him - listening to him - actually interested in the words that were leaving his maw.

"Okay, so first of all, I'll teach you some basic attack moves. Like you were saying, enemies will try to push you over - so we could start with that. You kind of have to study your enemy a little bit, like... if their shoulders look stronger, aim for the joint right above their paw. If that looks stronger, aim for their shoulders or something. Just try to knock them over any way you can, really, but my mentor always taught me that was the most effective." He glanced over her, wondering how this was going to work. She almost certainly wasn't going to be able to push him over and he, in turn, did not want to risk hurting her.

Not using her family ties or not, if Mintkit came back injured, Snowstar was almost certain to ask what happened and she didn't seem like the type to lie to her Mother. And then he would be in trouble. Would his warrior ceremony be delayed? Well... hopefully not. "I... don't know if you'll be able to do this or not, but why don't you try coming at me? See if you can figure out the weaker part." The tom offered, with a glance in Mintkit's direction. Would she be interested about something like that? Or was she going to be worried about hurting him in turn, or hurting herself? No - she didn't seem like the prissy type. She didn't seem like that at all.

Old September 7th, 2017, 07:35 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

Quote:
"Ha, well, you've picked up more at a younger age then I have at this age. Experience doesn't always mean that you're better at something, technically," The older tom sighed wistfully. Even at his age he was still having trouble with his training. What he could blame for that, he had no idea. There had to be something, if... only he knew what it was. Maybe it was just his inability to focus completely, that seemed like an accurate thing to blame, didn't it? The feline sighed and his tail twitched with minor frustration. Ah, so she had family members to teach those sorts of things to her! That was good. It was nice to have family who cared that much. Marshpaw wished he had more clues on their whereabouts, but honestly, he doubted they would even care.

That was okay, though - he would make new friends, they would become more like family, and bam... maybe someday he would have a family. The realest of families, better then his family had even been towards him. Is she actually impressed, orr... Marshpaw thought for a moment, studying the kit with a semi-puzzled expression before his features broke into a smile. This was one of the reasons he liked Mintkit a lot, she seemed to hold this almost serene sense of humor that would come out when he least expected it, and she was quiet which only made it more fascinating. "Well..." He paused for a moment, thinking how to make himself sound better. It would be embarassing if he was revealed to have been beaten by a couple of kits, and he tried to think about it more.

"In all fairness, they were pretty big kits. Three of them against me? Not a fair fight, am I right?" The feline chuckled in an embarassed manner. Although he couldn't really be embarassed, he kind of wanted to save face in front of the she cat. After all, he didn't quite feel like looking like a fool or incompetant. Kind of late for that when even the younger cat seemed to be more focused and determined and better at these things then him. Except, surprisingly, that didn't deliver a single hit to his self-esteem. But, her attention focused on him, the tom felt just the slighest bit better. It was nice, having someone watching him - listening to him - actually interested in the words that were leaving his maw.

"Okay, so first of all, I'll teach you some basic attack moves. Like you were saying, enemies will try to push you over - so we could start with that. You kind of have to study your enemy a little bit, like... if their shoulders look stronger, aim for the joint right above their paw. If that looks stronger, aim for their shoulders or something. Just try to knock them over any way you can, really, but my mentor always taught me that was the most effective." He glanced over her, wondering how this was going to work. She almost certainly wasn't going to be able to push him over and he, in turn, did not want to risk hurting her.

Not using her family ties or not, if Mintkit came back injured, Snowstar was almost certain to ask what happened and she didn't seem like the type to lie to her Mother. And then he would be in trouble. Would his warrior ceremony be delayed? Well... hopefully not. "I... don't know if you'll be able to do this or not, but why don't you try coming at me? See if you can figure out the weaker part." The tom offered, with a glance in Mintkit's direction. Would she be interested about something like that? Or was she going to be worried about hurting him in turn, or hurting herself? No - she didn't seem like the prissy type. She didn't seem like that at all.
As he spoke, Mintkit stayed focused, processing every single word, every detail, even the expressions he made when he spoke. She nodded along with him, never interrupting, her gaze on him and her ears pricked forward intently. And her gaze flickered over him as he'd told her to do with an enemy, searching for his own weak spots. Not that he was her enemy, no, he was quite the opposite. But he'd told her to come at her. So she sat there calmly, looking him over, observing him. His shoulders seemed strong for an apprentice, so Mintkit moved onto his paws. He seemed steady and sturdy enough, but the she-kit saw his paws were close together, which would make it easy for her to push them out from under him if she used all her weight. Keeping this information stored, she continued to rake her eyes over him.

She wasnt worried about getting hurt; She wasnt worried about hurting him. No, he was a strong Tom, a kit like her couldnt leave a dent. And if she got hurt? No big deal. What's the worst that could happen, anyway? He falls on her? Its not like he's going to use his claws. Marshpaw surely knew better than that, Mintkit knew. And if she did get hurt, it would undoubtedly be an accident. Mintkit was the easy forgive and forget type. Her mother was, too. So, Mintkit wasnt too worried. Right now she was focused, you could see it in her expression. Eyes narrowed in concentration, completely unmoving as she studied the Tom.

He looked strong, Mintkit wouldnt lie. She decided her best option would be to try to kick his paws from under him. So she sat there for a second or two, bringing her gaze back to his face. While her aunt and uncles hadnt covered attacks, Mintkit was smart enough to know not to look where she was going to attack and let Marshpaw guess it himself. So after a second, she launched, her eyes still on his face. But when she was close enough she brought them back to his paws, and thrust her own paws out, aiming to try to push them from under him and slide under the apprentice before she could get smooshed, too. She wasnt sure if it would work, but it was a good try either way.

Forever...

Last edited by Random Melody; September 7th, 2017 at 08:56 PM.
Old September 7th, 2017, 10:10 PM
An adorable bean :3

My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
A bright grin, like the sun coming out and pushing the clouds away, spread over her features. Now, Hawkfeather was generally smiling so this was nothing new, but she had stopped for a moment when she had realized how frustrated Bubblestep really was. Dealing with upset cats was not her strong point, she tended to always say or do the wrong things, especially because she was so used to having the optimistic view on life that she did. And, the cheerful, upbeat, quick-moving voice. "Great - where's the best place to go? Do you have special spots you like to hunt?" The feline asked, her eyes studying the deputy. Chances were that, if Bubblestep wasn't completely put out with Hawkfeather by the end of this hunt, they would end up as great friends. She had found that the less annoyed a cat seemed with her, the more they seemed to want to be friends by the end of things. Conversations, hunts, walks... even just listening to the she cat talk could wear you out.
"I never hunt in one place," Bubblestep meowed, her paws digging into the ground as she treaded along. "The world is my hunting ground. I go where I please most of the time."