ShadowClan Apprentices' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by redshiftreign
Yesterday 11:43 PM

Old January 10th, 2023, 10:41 AM

My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

wolfwhisper
massive, dark furred tom with long snout, snaggletooth, long claws, tattered ears, and pale green eyes

Wolfwhisper eyes opened to his surroundings. It had been roughly three days since his mates death and his emotions were left dulled and empty. Although his exterior was left undaunted and he still had the usual grumpy or cold glare plastered on his face. Getting up from his nest and shaking a few scraps of moss out he glumly licked his chest fur but to no avail it spiked back again. Shaking his head he left the warriors den and padded over to the nursery. Dipping his head he called out gently but it still sounded gruff. Anyone want to play or something. I’m quite bored.
@Alchemist Kitsune
This sucks so much I’m sorry I’ll get to rp better when my motivation is back
Old January 10th, 2023, 02:49 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Mousekit

Mousekit blinked eagerly up at Featherstone as the warrior introduced herself, his tail and hindquarters wiggling as he evidently had a hard time keeping still. His gray, rounded ears perked up at the molly's explanation of what a scent tick was, and his mouth opened in a round, verbal oh. Was calling someone a scent-tick like calling someone a mouse-brain, then? Except in this case instead of meaning stinky and silly, it meant energetic? Yes, yes, that must be it! The gray tri-colored tom puffed up his chest proudly, feeling very smart at having pieced that information out all by himself.

As Featherstone lowered her head, Mousekit hopped up, his white tipped toes on the warrior's muzzle as he sniffed the scars on it, eyes shining with curiosity. "Ah, I see! Yes yes, I like running. I do it every morning, see?" he mewed in a happy tone, turning his gaze towards the somewhat ruined nests and pointing them with one mitted paw.

With a cheery smile on his face, he turned back to Featherstone, eager to use his newly learned word in a sentence himself. It would show how smart and attentive he was, after all! Wouldn't Sunsetthorn be proud? "Are you a scent-tick as well? You would have to be, to have gotten to so many big fights, right? Is that how you got all your scritchy scratches?"

-

@Pluto! :D

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old January 10th, 2023, 03:40 PM
silly billy!!

Bump Policy: every 48 hours
My Mood: Spooky

@Alchemist Kitsune

"You could say that I suppose." She said, pointing out a few around her torso aswell. "Also kid, its pronounced ecc-cen-tric, say it with me." She sounded it out the word for the small kit to understand it better. "I bet you'll be a great warrior someday lil' guy!" She praised, getting back down to his level
Old January 10th, 2023, 07:23 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Mousekit

Frantic little paws dug deep into the moist, soggy earth, displacing some moss and finding the rich soil underneath. At the corner of the nursery, Mousekit had found a nest which seemed to not have been ever used. The moss was old and scentless, evidently not even seeing play from rowdy or adventurous kits, being too far out of the way and too boring to be given much attention. The small, gray tom had only found this nest by accident, as a matter of fact, on his usual running routine through the nursery's unused nests. Now covered as he was with moss from the others disused parts of the den, the curious tom began investigating this place out of sheer boredom, his paws making quick work of the dank soil, making even more of a mess of his already messy coat.

Rounded ears perked up at the sound of an unfamiliar, gruff voice, verdant green eyes standing out in the gloom. He hadn't the foggiest who this was, but he'd just said bored, and right now, bored was the magic word, because being bored together was more fun than being bored alone, right? Yes, he was certain that's how that worked. Heading towards the source of the sound, Mousekit was met with a peculiar looking warrior. For one thing, he was massive! For another, he had an impressive snout! Much longer than his! And then there was the matter of his tooth.

"Woah, what a big tooth you have! I bet you can get all the prey there is! How can you get bored when you look so awesome? Oh, oh," the kit suddenly mewed, remembering his manners and how he'd completely forgone them. "I am Mousekit. Hi hi. How do you do?"

The small gray tom's chest puffed up proudly. That had been close, but it had been an excellent save! Why, he'd even asked how the tom was doing... although now that he thought about it, the stranger had just stated he was bored, so maybe that hadn't been the best thing to ask. White dipped paw flying to his forehead as he closed his eyes, a little snarl of complaint on his face, he shook his head in dismay. How very mouse-brained of him. That was not the way to live up to his name!

"Sorry sorry. You are bored, you are bored. You said that already! But we can play, we can play! Yes, yes! What do you want to play?"

There! Now he had been a properly mannered kit! Sitting expectantly as he looked up at the massive stranger, Mousekit wiped his nose with his dirty paw, a smudge of soil now accompanying the moss and dirt already smeared over his face, giving him the illusion of a rather small, mossy pebble rather than a mischievous gray kit. Green eyes glinting with excitement, he wondered what they would play. Moss ball? Badger rides? Or maybe the stranger would want to dig with him in his new hidey hole. He had been planning to keep the place a secret, but secrets were made to be shared, right? Of course they were, he was sure!

-

@Peerless cucumber

Old January 11th, 2023, 10:17 AM

My Mood: Stressed

wolfwhisper
massive, dark furred tom with long snout, snaggletooth, long claws, tattered ears, and pale green eyes
Wolfwhisper was astonished as a young tom skittered forward and introduced himself. A smile already creeping across woods face as he gazed down at the messy ball of fur. Yes it appears I do have big teeth. Although I don’t quite get all the prey. If I did then the other animals in the forest would starve.he answered gruffly. My name is wolfwhisper, I’m very pleased to meet you mousekit and I’m sure you’ll make a amazing warrior when your older he couldn’t help but chuckle as the kit wiped his face with a dirty paw. He glanced around for a moment. It had been a while since he last entered this place, thankfully he couldn’t even remember anything about his past.

He had woken up one day at 17 moons old and he couldn’t even recall his own name. Blinking a few times he responded. Yes I am quite bored and I’d love to play with you… he paused for a moment glancing at the kits muddy paws. It looks like your quite the digger? Mind if I join you in digging some mighty holes mousestar? he joked in amusement.
@Alchemist Kitsune
Old January 11th, 2023, 02:31 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Mousekit

Mouth forming another round - albeit this time silent - oh, the gray tri-colored kit looked up at Featherstone with fascination in his eyes. Would he get a lot of scars when he was older too if he kept being a scent-tick? Scars looked cool! He hoped so. He would be the best scent-tick ever!

No sooner had Mousekit silently pledged this, Featherstone corrected him, giving him the proper pronunciation of scent-tick. Rounded ears perked up as Mousekit gave Featherstone an incredulous look, fascination turning into pure admiration as he realized a very important fact the warrior had neglected to tell him. She was a thought hearer! Had she learned to hear thoughts from someone else, or had she been born with this gift? Squinting his eyes at the dark, scarred warrior, the energetic kit tensed, his brow furrowing slightly as he tried his hardest to send these questions as loud as he could to Featherstone's thought hearing ear - or was that just with her regular ears - to no avail.

A confused look crossed the kit's face as no answer came back to him, wondering if he had been wrong. Realization dawned on him when he realized that Featherstone was no doubt responding with her own thoughts. He just had to train his own thought hearing to be in on the secret! That was it! It had been decided! From now on, he would shadow Featherstone's every move until he had discovered the secrets of thought hearing!

For now, however, Mousekit was content to keep playing the verbal speaking game, knowing Featherstone probably kept her powers a secret. Maybe she didn't want to have her mother thinking at her to go clean up the nests she had just messed up before she was done having fun? Yes, that was probably it! Instead, Mousekit focused on the new new word, making sure to say it right this time.

"Eck...scent...trick. Eck-scent-trick!" the young kit mewed, his fur fluffing up happily as he finally got the word right. Beaming up at Featherstone, his green eyes shone with even more glee as she complimented him, his chest puffing up with pride. Him? He was going to be a great warrior? Why, if Featherstone said so, surely it must be so!

-

@Pluto!

Old January 11th, 2023, 05:08 PM
silly billy!!

Bump Policy: every 48 hours
My Mood: Spooky

(STOP MOUSEKITS TO PURE FOR THIS WORLD)

FeatherStone smiled at the young cat, her snagged teeth glistening. "There ya go! You did it!" She praised the kits correction of the previously spoken word. "If your hungry and your mother allows it, we can go share a mouse, hm?" She asked, regaining her stern look

Old January 11th, 2023, 06:22 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: ShadowClan Kits' Playden

Shadowfur nodded as Moonkit kicked the moss ball back over to him. It was much better this time around, eliciting a purr of approval from the tom. “Well done, Moonkit. Practice always makes perfect. Always.”

He turned and began sifting through the pile of materials he’d gathered for this lesson. He produced feathers, prey fur, and what little bit of grass he’d been able to find. It was hard to teach nest building in leaf-bare.

Shadowfur arranged the new materials in a line alongside the moss. “All of these are nest building materials. Feathers, prey fur, moss, and grass. Some cats decorate their nests with flowers and shiny rocks, but frankly I think that’s a waste of time. All those flowers make me sneeze.”

He gathered the moss to him. “Start with the moss. In lieu of moss, you can use bracken, ferns, twigs, or anything similar. Moss is rare in leaf-bare. Start by forming a cup like this with the moss. If you start to see parts of the moss fall apart, weave grass in there to hold it together. You can use twigs to hold it together, too.”

With expert paws, he fashioned a moss cup with grass interwoven in between to help hold it together. “Next, add the feathers and prey fur. These help keep your nest warm, and are especially important for leaf-bare.” He slipped feathers and prey fur into gaps big and small in the nest. “Of course, this is a nest fit for a kit, not a warrior. A warrior would need to fashion a much larger nest.”

Shadowfur sat back. “Nests need to be changed every half moon or so, otherwise they’ll get old and smelly. Eventually, they’ll fall apart completely.”

He wrecked the nest and separated each of the components. “Now you try.”

( @Wingnettle )
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old January 11th, 2023, 11:16 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Mousekit

A gruff voice quickly responded his questions, and the young gray kit gained stars in his eyes. This warrior was so cool! It was a shame, really, that he didn't get all the prey in the forest but... he was right. It wouldn't be fair to the other creatures if he did get everything, and Mousekit was all about fair play! A purr rumbled in his chest, verdant green gaze closing momentarily as he beamed up at the stranger, fluffing up at the compliment.

Wait... no. Not stranger. Wolfwhisper! He'd just introduced himself, a strange, new word in his name catching his attention. Wolf! What was a wolf? Was he a wolf? No no, that was silly. His name was Mousekit and he wasn't a mouse... was he?

As if to assure himself he was indeed not a mouse, the young tri-colored tom looked down at his white dipped toes first followed by his tail. A small, playful twitch of his tail to make certain it was his accompanied his gaze, and a little chortle could be heard soon after. Definitely not a mouse. Turning over to the gruff, wolf warrior, Mousekit opened his mouth to ask him what wolf meant, only to have his mind completely forget his question at the most important declaration done next. Wolfwhisper wanted to play! And he was awesome and could somehow tell he was a digger! How'd he do that? Was he a thought hearer too?!! Maybe it was just something all ShadowClan cats learned to do as apprentices? Oh, he couldn't wait to be an apprentice now!

Wiping his nose once more with his muddy paw, further smearing dirt across his face, making that proud little smile seem all the more mischievous, the young tom sat up proud, trying to live up to his new name. Yes, yes, he was Mousestar of... of.... DigClan! And obviously, with Wolfwhisper being able to recognize that they were going to be digging some mighty hidey holes, that made him the deputy. In truth, Mousestar felt a little guilty, not giving the coveted rank to his brother, Hazely... but maybe Hazely could be the medicine cat of DigClan instead? He would make a much, much better medicine cat than stinky stinky Elmshadow, in any case!

"Yes yes! We should go to DigClan's secret, secret camp! We are making the bestest, mightiest hidey holes there. Um, um... if we reach really, really down, we can enter the RabbitClan camp and have all the bunnies we want to eat!" he mewed, his muddy paws flailing in the air in excitement as he spoke before he got up, leading the way to DigClan's secret secret base. That he had just found. Earlier this morning. That was okay. His deputy didn't have to know that.

-

@Peerless cucumber

Old January 12th, 2023, 08:23 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Mousekit

A happy little squeak escaped Mousekit at Featherstone's praise, his paws fidgeting as he began running in place, excitement making him highly energetic once more. "Eck-scent-trick! Eck-scent-trick!" he chanted gleefully, proud to have gotten such an odd word down so quickly. And it made so much sense, too! Much more sense than when he thought it was said scent-tick!

A scent-tick made no sense. How could a scent-tick be energetic? It wasn't like mouse-brain which obviously meant super smart and fun - or at least he preferred that meaning, because he was super smart and fun - or like feather-brain. How could a tick even be energetic, when all they did was stay still and be annoying? Eck-scent-trick was much more reasonable! It was obviously short for eck, a scent trick! And if you were being tricked, then obviously you were going to be super energetic after that! And he was going to be the best eck-scent-trick ShadowClan had ever seen!

Featherstone's invitation catching his attention, the gray kit stopped his chanting to look up at the dark gray warrior with wide, green eyes. Excitement was clear on them. He was going to get to go eat with a warrior?! Yes yes yes! Oh but wait, he had to go ask his mom. Of course he did. She would worry if he just ran out! Featherstone was so thoughtful. But that made sense. She was a thought hearer. A thought hearer didn't even have to keep other's thoughts in mind. They could just hear them! A happy little squeal escaped the mossy kit as he gave a quick little circle around himself.

"Oh yes yes yes! I will go ask mum if I can go! You wait here, you wait here. Please," he mewed, remembering his manners as he stopped circling in place. Turning around to head to his nest, he gave Featherstone one last look, thinking a very, very loud I'll be right back before running off to find Sunsetthorn.

The familiar, pale golden pelt coming to view as Mousekit approached his family's nest, the young tom suddenly halted, a shy look crossing his face momentarily as he turned to give himself a good look. His gray pelt was covered in spotty patches of green, the moss clinging easily to his short, thick coat. Would this be enough to not look like Elmshadow? He didn't want his mother to confuse him with the stinky, stinky pelt look stealer. What if she did and she gave him the same look she gave Elmshadow? Or worse, what if she knew it was him but just thought he was just like the stinky medicine cat?

Rounded ear twitching slightly as he took a tentative step forward, he called out to Sunsetthorn, his verdant gaze shifting between her and the ground. "M-mum. Can I go eat with Featherstone at the clearing? She's teaching me all about eck-scent-tricks and how to be a thought hearer." Ears suddenly perking up, the gray tom's eyes landed on his mother as he realized he had not asked her if she wanted to come along! How rude how rude, he had to take care of his mother so she knew he was a good, hard working ShadowClanner! "You wanna come too? You wanna come too?" he added, hopping from side to side in excitement, his momentary lapse of shyness well forgotten. "I can bring you something tasty if you are too tired!"

-

@Pluto! :D @Ravensong