Last post by Luminous
Today 02:36 AM

Old September 11th, 2017, 09:24 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic View Post
That'll work. "Sure..." He leaned onto Whisper's side, and began to stagger forward. She's being awfully nice... I wonder why...Most loners I know are pretty hostile. Interesting.
The she cat caught herself growling in annoyance at feeling the other loner's weight, but she quickly cut it off. All she wanted was to get this cat out of here. And if they didn't hurry up, some Clan cat would surely find them. In which case I dump the dead weight and run. No, selflessness was not one of Whisper's primary virtues. "We still have to move quicker then a snail, though. Sorry to strain your speed." It was an insult, and Whisper didn't feel sorry for it at all. She wasn't one to feel sorry! Why should she? This cat wasn't someone that she necessarily cared about. At the moment, the only one the loner cared for was herself. No one less, no one more. Herself was the most important cat to her, and she never wanted that to change. Especially by letting some other cat in.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:31 PM
escaping hiatusland

My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The she cat caught herself growling in annoyance at feeling the other loner's weight, but she quickly cut it off. All she wanted was to get this cat out of here. And if they didn't hurry up, some Clan cat would surely find them. In which case I dump the dead weight and run. No, selflessness was not one of Whisper's primary virtues. "We still have to move quicker then a snail, though. Sorry to strain your speed." It was an insult, and Whisper didn't feel sorry for it at all. She wasn't one to feel sorry! Why should she? This cat wasn't someone that she necessarily cared about. At the moment, the only one the loner cared for was herself. No one less, no one more. Herself was the most important cat to her, and she never wanted that to change. Especially by letting some other cat in.
He tensed, but didn't say anything as he shuffled his paws a little faster. No matter how much of a mouse-brain she is, she's not wrong about those Clan idiots... "We shouldn't be far. Once we get out of here, I can make my way out on my own." Not the greatest thing I've ever said...

|Old Character Site | New Character Site[under construction!]| Dragons |
my inbox is always open, to rant, to chat, or to roleplay!
Trying to come out of hiatus!!

Last edited by Panic; September 11th, 2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old September 11th, 2017, 11:37 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@Flameleaf
@Bad Wolf

(Sorry. Trying to keep the RP from dying.)

As Cherrypaw, Tigerdawn, and Kiwituft made their way across Thuderclan territory for their hunting patrol, they came across the same thing every patrol seemed to lately, nothing. There was no sign of prey. Only the constant and disruptive sound of twolegs doing whatever they were doing to the thunderpath. It made the air smell foul, and scared away all the birds with the constant noise. The ginger and white she-cat huffed in frustration. "I'm sorry Tigerdawn. I'm really trying, but there's just nothing! Not a scent!" she complained in despair.
@Bad Wolf
@Flameleaf

Bump

Old September 12th, 2017, 12:01 AM
Might disappear again

My Mood: Lurking

Ah!
~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~
Tigerdawn struggle to pick up a scent,
but failed. "It's alright, Cherrypaw. I don't think anyone can. All that Twoleg noise has scared the prey off!" The Warrior sighed and continued padding along the territory. This will be harder than I thought...

@Bad Wolf

Character Site

Last edited by Tundra; September 12th, 2017 at 12:02 AM.
Old September 12th, 2017, 07:48 AM
a lonely nobody

( @Nighty )

Lightpaw bounced her way through the underbrush, the sticks and leaves trying to no avail to stop her trek. The young apprentice was excited to finally leave camp, as it'd seemed like forever since she'd last left the confining walls. As usual, her footsteps were obnoxiously loud and her tail swept back and forth; she'd probably scared off what little prey was left, and they hadn't even started. Unaware of that, though, Lightpaw trudged on, not stopping until she remembered she couldn't exactly train if she'd run off from her mentor.

"Arrowheart?" The she-cat paused her journey and turned around, hoping to see her mentor behind her. I couldn't have gotten that far ahead of him, could I? She did her best to see through the trees and bushes, but the forest was so densely crowded that she couldn't see much. Despite the kit-like urge to continue exploring, Lightpaw knew it would be best if she simply waited where she was for Arrowheart. I'm sure he's not lost; he's a warrior, after all! And even if he did, he could just follow my scent trail! But for the apprentice, waiting was the most boring thing in history, and she wasn't sure how long she'd be able to wait before she charged after her mentor.

Profile picture by the wonderous Ever!
Old September 12th, 2017, 01:10 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic View Post
That'll work. "Sure..." He leaned onto Whisper's side, and began to stagger forward. She's being awfully nice... I wonder why...Most loners I know are pretty hostile. Interesting.
"Oh, you can? Well that's my mistake then, I thought you were actually hurt what with the bleeding wound and all, but I must have been mistaken. So sorry." The sarcasm in Whisper's voice was rivaled by very few indeed. She was one of the most ANNOYING cats anyone could EVER know, because she... well... honestly was just that way. It was irritating to have a cat who acted that way around, and sometimes she wondered how anyone put up with her for very long. Yet they did. There were cats who put up with her for a very long time indeed, and honestly? The loner had no idea how they did it. Perhaps Riskwatcher had done the right thing, hitting her in the head. It might've been smarter then she had thought.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old September 12th, 2017, 01:40 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melchester View Post
A delighted laugh escaped Mintkit's lips as Marshpaw lunged again, excitement coursing through her and making her heart burst into millions of sparks. Grinning, she braced herself for the attack, calculating his every move. When he had gotten close enough again, she let his paws come in contact with hers, expecting to be able to do the duck-and-roll move this time. But instead, he whirled around rather fast and she found herself pinned under the apprentices huge paws. The impact as she hit the ground knocked her breath away, but it was that same exhilarating sensation she got regardless - Training was funner than she'd ever thought. Now, the she-kit knew she was pinned, but her mind spun for ways to possibly twist out of his grip somehow. Her ice blue eyes met him, shining with both affection and excitement. She felt like an apprentice at this point. An actual apprentice - And she could pretend, for the moment, that Marshpaw was her mentor.

Now, he had her pinned, but Mintkit could tell the grip was slack, as if the Tom was afraid to hurt her. Of course, he wasn't hurting her, and even if he added a bit more pressure to keep her down, it wouldn't be really bad. Not like she was fighting an enemy - Marshpaw was her friend. Mintkit took a second to think about her next move, seemingly going limp beneath him as she tried to figure it out. Perhaps she could allow him to think she was defeated, then launch up and roll away again before lunging? She she-kit's ice blue eyes scanned over Marshpaw's pelt. He was a good fighter, and really strong, too. And pretty smart. And while Mintkit didn't have as much experience, she learned pretty quickly. Most kits usually had short attention spans - Not this one. This kit absorbed every teeny, tiny piece of information and kept it carefully stored in the most private, safe place - Her mind.

Now she was gathering information just by quick glances. What position Marshpaw was in, what position she was in, and which way she could go to try to wriggle out of his grasp. She decided rather quickly, and once she caught her breath, she decided to put her idea to use. She waited a second before pushing her paws up against the ground in an attempt to launch herself up, possibly sending him staggering back and releasing the grip he had on her. If this worked, she would lunge for his paws and try to trip him, knock him over again. This was better than the kit-games her brothers played.... Because it wasn't a game. Not really. While it kind of felt like a game, it also felt real. Like real training. But it was definitely fun - Especially with her new friend!
His dark optics flashed with excitement as he suceeded in pinning her down. Yes! He had done it! Not that that was the biggest accomplishment, he probably would have been slightly happier had it been something more like an older cat, or even prey, but he was having too much fun to care. At least he had done it. Marshpaw knew he wasn't keeping her pinned down too heavily, but that was okay because he didn't want to crush her beneath him. It would be too easy to make a mistake here and if he pressed down too hard, he was nervous he would break the younger cat's more fragile-looking body. In a way, kits made him the slightest bit nervous when he was playing with them around their Mothers.

What if he broke them? That would be bad, and it was something he never wished to do. He never wanted to think of a time when he would have to admit that he had "broken" a kit. Besides, he was confident that Snowstar and Stormstrike would be none too happy with him if he were. And so the tom watched her, his eyes sparkling with pleasure as he kept her gently pinned down. This was fun! Like he had said... it was always going to be fun during his training.

The funny thing was, Marshpaw couldn't remember having this much fun with his mentor. His mentor was a little stricter, and tended to do things way differently then he would have liked them to be. Because come on, was this not awesome? Marshpaw would be surprised if anyone could tell him that this didn't look like fun. It was just him and Mintkit. No one else was paying attention to them, and honestly, he liked it that way. It was funny how much information was missed on a daily basis. Not that the tom was one to talk about that, honestly he shouldn't ever be talking about that. Why? Because he missed just as much information as anyone else. To be honest, Marshpaw was not very good at figuring things out. His brain wasn't the type that Mintkit's was, he wasn't good at strategy or analyzing things or anything like that.

He was very bad at it, as a matter of fact. So trying to figure out whether she was surrendering or not was hard. And perhaps that was why he never saw what happened next coming. A sudden movement caught him off guard, and he had to fight to keep his position. It was difficult and he was confident he was going to fall over - in this moment would have been perfect for her to attack.

Although Marshpaw wasn't sure if she was going to take advantage of his currently confused state. Gosh, he hated being in this state. He had forgotten how much he disliked feeling like he was going to fall over but then never falling and trying to keep himself safe - it wasn't fun. Although he still didn't mind, he was too busy focused on their "game/training session" to really pay much attention to his annoyance at almost falling over. Besides, he wouldn't be that surprised if Mintkit beat him. She was strong for a kit! And smart, too... fun to be around... Marshpaw liked that. It was nice to find someone who seemed to accept him. He had been looking for someone like that for a long time, and now - now he had someone he was proud to call his friend, and not only that, but a best friend.

Old September 12th, 2017, 01:59 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
His dark optics flashed with excitement as he suceeded in pinning her down. Yes! He had done it! Not that that was the biggest accomplishment, he probably would have been slightly happier had it been something more like an older cat, or even prey, but he was having too much fun to care. At least he had done it. Marshpaw knew he wasn't keeping her pinned down too heavily, but that was okay because he didn't want to crush her beneath him. It would be too easy to make a mistake here and if he pressed down too hard, he was nervous he would break the younger cat's more fragile-looking body. In a way, kits made him the slightest bit nervous when he was playing with them around their Mothers.

What if he broke them? That would be bad, and it was something he never wished to do. He never wanted to think of a time when he would have to admit that he had "broken" a kit. Besides, he was confident that Snowstar and Stormstrike would be none too happy with him if he were. And so the tom watched her, his eyes sparkling with pleasure as he kept her gently pinned down. This was fun! Like he had said... it was always going to be fun during his training.

The funny thing was, Marshpaw couldn't remember having this much fun with his mentor. His mentor was a little stricter, and tended to do things way differently then he would have liked them to be. Because come on, was this not awesome? Marshpaw would be surprised if anyone could tell him that this didn't look like fun. It was just him and Mintkit. No one else was paying attention to them, and honestly, he liked it that way. It was funny how much information was missed on a daily basis. Not that the tom was one to talk about that, honestly he shouldn't ever be talking about that. Why? Because he missed just as much information as anyone else. To be honest, Marshpaw was not very good at figuring things out. His brain wasn't the type that Mintkit's was, he wasn't good at strategy or analyzing things or anything like that.

He was very bad at it, as a matter of fact. So trying to figure out whether she was surrendering or not was hard. And perhaps that was why he never saw what happened next coming. A sudden movement caught him off guard, and he had to fight to keep his position. It was difficult and he was confident he was going to fall over - in this moment would have been perfect for her to attack.

Although Marshpaw wasn't sure if she was going to take advantage of his currently confused state. Gosh, he hated being in this state. He had forgotten how much he disliked feeling like he was going to fall over but then never falling and trying to keep himself safe - it wasn't fun. Although he still didn't mind, he was too busy focused on their "game/training session" to really pay much attention to his annoyance at almost falling over. Besides, he wouldn't be that surprised if Mintkit beat him. She was strong for a kit! And smart, too... fun to be around... Marshpaw liked that. It was nice to find someone who seemed to accept him. He had been looking for someone like that for a long time, and now - now he had someone he was proud to call his friend, and not only that, but a best friend.
Mintkit saw the triumphant look in his eyes as he had pinned her; It only made her smile. She liked seeing his smile, it made his eyes light up. She wondered if her eyes did that when she smiled, too. Goodness, this was fun! Mintkit would definitely have to talk to Snowstar about making Marshpaw her future mentor. She could only hope that Snowstar wouldn't let being Mintkit's mother cloud her judgement, though. Would Snow be okay with letting her daughter be trained by a Tom? Hopefully. Mintkit didn't really understand love. Not romantic love. She understood love between family and friends - Which is what Marshpaw and her were. Friends. Maybe, best friends. A bond that wasn't easily broken, but not easily made either. Maybe best friends later on. Soon, she hoped. Mintkit liked this Tom - She definitely wanted him to be her friend. And her future mentor!

He seemed to enjoy training as much as she did, although he didn't seem to observe and gather as much information. Perhaps she could teach him how to do that? He was teaching her battle moves, after all. Teaching him how to observe would be fun. Well, for her at least - Mintkit wasn't sure about Marshpaw's views on watching and listening. She did hope, however, that he would find it as useful as she did. Especially since she had taken him by surprise as soon as she launched up.

Mintkit could tell as she pushed herself up that the Tom hadn't been expecting the sudden movement, and it made her giggle to herself. The usually serious kit's eyes flashed with excitement and triumph as she managed to jerk away from his paws while he was in a slight daze, rolling quickly to make her way to her paws. Not wanting to waste precious time, she turned shining ice blue eyes on him, sending Marshpaw a friendly smile before quickly running her gaze over him, careful not to miss any details as she studied him to see how she could pin him this time. She didn't move, but she was ready in case he lunged again, but she was hoping she could launch first. So she looked him over, assessing, before deciding.

She then lunged, but this time she aimed for his shoulders, wanting to see if she could push hard enough to push him down this time. Mintkit knew she probably wouldn't be able to pin him, but her goal for the moment was knocking him down first. Of course, she didn't want to hurt him. Not that she really could - She was just a kit. A smart, mature, kind of strong kit, but still a kit. Neither of them were talking - Mintkit knew they were both just having a good time. Talking wasn't doing what they were doing - Playing. Training. Mintkit liked the silence. Of course, she also liked the sound of Marshpaw's voice, but the silence was good for now.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust

Last edited by Random Melody; September 12th, 2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old September 12th, 2017, 03:31 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melchester View Post
Mintkit saw the triumphant look in his eyes as he had pinned her; It only made her smile. She liked seeing his smile, it made his eyes light up. She wondered if her eyes did that when she smiled, too. Goodness, this was fun! Mintkit would definitely have to talk to Snowstar about making Marshpaw her future mentor. She could only hope that Snowstar wouldn't let being Mintkit's mother cloud her judgement, though. Would Snow be okay with letting her daughter be trained by a Tom? Hopefully. Mintkit didn't really understand love. Not romantic love. She understood love between family and friends - Which is what Marshpaw and her were. Friends. Maybe, best friends. A bond that wasn't easily broken, but not easily made either. Maybe best friends later on. Soon, she hoped. Mintkit liked this Tom - She definitely wanted him to be her friend. And her future mentor!

He seemed to enjoy training as much as she did, although he didn't seem to observe and gather as much information. Perhaps she could teach him how to do that? He was teaching her battle moves, after all. Teaching him how to observe would be fun. Well, for her at least - Mintkit wasn't sure about Marshpaw's views on watching and listening. She did hope, however, that he would find it as useful as she did. Especially since she had taken him by surprise as soon as she launched up.

Mintkit could tell as she pushed herself up that the Tom hadn't been expecting the sudden movement, and it made her giggle to herself. The usually serious kit's eyes flashed with excitement and triumph as she managed to jerk away from his paws while he was in a slight daze, rolling quickly to make her way to her paws. Not wanting to waste precious time, she turned shining ice blue eyes on him, sending Marshpaw a friendly smile before quickly running her gaze over him, careful not to miss any details as she studied him to see how she could pin him this time. She didn't move, but she was ready in case he lunged again, but she was hoping she could launch first. So she looked him over, assessing, before deciding.

She then lunged, but this time she aimed for his shoulders, wanting to see if she could push hard enough to push him down this time. Mintkit knew she probably wouldn't be able to pin him, but her goal for the moment was knocking him down first. Of course, she didn't want to hurt him. Not that she really could - She was just a kit. A smart, mature, kind of strong kit, but still a kit. Neither of them were talking - Mintkit knew they were both just having a good time. Talking wasn't doing what they were doing - Playing. Training. Mintkit liked the silence. Of course, she also liked the sound of Marshpaw's voice, but the silence was good for now.
Marshpaw had an irritated thought flash through his head briefly as she wriggled out from under him, and his optics quickly turned themselves towards her. At that moment everything else was nothing, it was non-existent, all his focus was on the kit before him. He wanted to win this, partly because he had been beaten by kits before, and partly because he was beginning to wonder if he was slower then he had thought or if he had underestimated her. Neither one was good. Part of him wanted to prove to himself that he could win, anyways. Now by nature, the tom was not competitive.

But Mintkit, this small, serious, analytical young cat seemed to be bringing out another side even as he was doing to her. He wanted to win. He wanted to prove himself... to her? That made sense. Marshpaw always had been a show-off. Amusement sparkled in his eyes as she lunged towards him, aiming for his shoulders - except as always, her goal was unreadable. Marshpaw wished that he were either better at reading other cats or perhaps smarter, just in case he would be able to tell what she wanted then. He wished for it - and yet he couldn't have it.

Perhaps it was just a part of his personality that he felt as though he would never have the mind that he wanted, because Marshpaw wasn't dumb - just very, very easily distracted by many different things. The poor tom's eye was often caught by... well... lots of different things. And it was hard to concentrate on others, so moons of that type of easily attracted eye had made it so that it was harder for him to focus when he really needed to. Although he was focused now, everything was zoned in on Mintkit. As she hit him, the tom once again felt her soft paws touch his shoulders. She was more powerful then he remembered (every time this happened) and the impact sent him moving backwards, although he was able to somewhat regain balance and send a counterattack her way.

This time it was more playful then serious, although still hopefully effective - he leapt towards her, paws outstretched, hoping to grab her before he hit the ground in a cheerful manner. If this worked, it would probably win him the spar, although Marshpaw wasn't sure... for one thing, she was smart, and for another, she was powerful. Perhaps she would be able to duck out of the way. If he could grab her it would be just the smallest bit awkward for a moment - Marshpaw was well-experienced in the area of romance, and he had seen countless apprentices ending up in all sorts of weird positions.

Not that he was worried, because Mintkit wouldn't think anything of it and so he wouldn't either. There was no point in making something out of nothing, especially when doing that could potentially threaten a wonderful friendship. He loved his friendship with Mintkit. It was what made him happy... at least at the moment. And he wouldn't want things to threaten that, especially if it would end up having him lose his friend. So as he aimed, he remembered that this was just a friendly spar - a friendly play-battle - and there was no reason to make it awkward.

Old September 12th, 2017, 03:52 PM
led into temptation

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
AmberLeaf sighed letting her tail drop "Alright then" she said
The tom flicked his ears up, smiling as he moved closer to her. Letting their fur touch slightly. "So? What's your name?" He asked, gazing at the she-cat. He let out a small purr, keeping himself aware that prey could be around. He ruffled his fur, waving his tail back and forth as he looked at the she-cat.