Today 12:10 PM

Old September 24th, 2017, 07:32 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Little Robin View Post
Flintheart listened in silence to the younger cat’s words, not interrupting or commenting on anything he had said until he was finished. The mentor noticed how proud the smaller tom appeared when he mentioned hearing about the apprentice’s fighting skills. Of course, it was only gossip around camp and from background conversations that he tended in on now and then, here in the training den, Ebonypaw could now show these skills in action and prove to the older warrior that they weren’t just exaggerated stories or whatnot. “Understandable.” The grey-furred male murmured, commenting on how he had mentioned not being able to practice when he was younger, “Most cats would frown upon young kittens practicing fighting moves. Although, that is their words, not mine. I believe that they should learn basic ways of self-defense as earlier as possible or when they can walk, at the least.” The male shook his head, “Forgive my rambling, I usually don’t share my opinion with others all that often. When I was your age, maybe even younger, my own mentor trained me until I couldn’t go on any longer for the day.” Flintheart cleared his throat, going back to what they were originally supposed to be doing - which was training, “Are you familiar with the move known as the Back Kick? It’s very simple.”

Ebonypaw was glad his mentor didn't interrupt him, as some warriors did when he talked. He hated that, when they didn't let him finish his talking. He was proud of his fighting skills, he found them good when factoring in his lack of practice. His skills were part of gossip from around the Clan, which made him prouder. He must have been a really good fighter from what he got to do before now. He wanted to please Flintheart with his skills, and his claws flexed. He looked up at his mentor, who was so much taller than him he had to look up and strain his neck. He tilted his head slightly, waiting for him to continue his statement. He hated being unable to not practice more when he was little, he wasn't a helpless fragile little kit! "I know! I'm not helpless, it's not like i'd loose a limb if I practiced a little battling!" He agreed, a mix of stubbornness and passion in his words. He nodded, his eyes shining with curiosity, though he decided not to pry. He blinked, remembering they were supposed to be training, right. "Yeah, it's one of the first things I learned from watching others train." He mewed, nodding. The move was quite easy.
Old September 24th, 2017, 07:41 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyFlossCat View Post

Ebonypaw was glad his mentor didn't interrupt him, as some warriors did when he talked. He hated that, when they didn't let him finish his talking. He was proud of his fighting skills, he found them good when factoring in his lack of practice. His skills were part of gossip from around the Clan, which made him prouder. He must have been a really good fighter from what he got to do before now. He wanted to please Flintheart with his skills, and his claws flexed. He looked up at his mentor, who was so much taller than him he had to look up and strain his neck. He tilted his head slightly, waiting for him to continue his statement. He hated being unable to not practice more when he was little, he wasn't a helpless fragile little kit! "I know! I'm not helpless, it's not like i'd loose a limb if I practiced a little battling!" He agreed, a mix of stubbornness and passion in his words. He nodded, his eyes shining with curiosity, though he decided not to pry. He blinked, remembering they were supposed to be training, right. "Yeah, it's one of the first things I learned from watching others train." He mewed, nodding. The move was quite easy.
“From what I’ve seen from you so far, Ebonypaw, even I know that you are far from helpless.” The mentor mentioned, his ears twitching a little, “Some cats baby the youth too much sometimes, making them soft and vulnerable, not ready for the dangers of the outside. I, as your teacher, will prepare you for the real world until I believe you are ready for your warrior name.” Flintheart was a stubborn, silent male, but he wasn’t useless, nor was he a pushover. He was determined to make the young Ebonypaw into a warrior that Thunderclan, no, all of the clans could be proud of someday. He tilted his head to the side ever so slightly when the dark-furred apprentice mentioned that he was familiar with the move that he had mentioned only moments before. “Alright then, demonstrate the move for me right now and put some truth to the words that come from your mouth.” The grey-furred tom said, sitting up at attention. He was rather curious to watch the youth in action.
Old September 24th, 2017, 07:55 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Quote:
“From what I’ve seen from you so far, Ebonypaw, even I know that you are far from helpless.” The mentor mentioned, his ears twitching a little, “Some cats baby the youth too much sometimes, making them soft and vulnerable, not ready for the dangers of the outside. I, as your teacher, will prepare you for the real world until I believe you are ready for your warrior name.” Flintheart was a stubborn, silent male, but he wasn’t useless, nor was he a pushover. He was determined to make the young Ebonypaw into a warrior that Thunderclan, no, all of the clans could be proud of someday. He tilted his head to the side ever so slightly when the dark-furred apprentice mentioned that he was familiar with the move that he had mentioned only moments before. “Alright then, demonstrate the move for me right now and put some truth to the words that come from your mouth.” The grey-furred tom said, sitting up at attention. He was rather curious to watch the youth in action.
"Oh, er..thanks. I don't want to be helpless either, I want to be strong and defend my Clan." He replied honestly. He didn't want to be a soft, pampered kit-warrior. Yep. He'd given that type of warrior a cruel nickname. He had nothing against kits, but he did against that type of warrior. "I call the soft whiny warriors kit-warriors. Nothing against kits, of course, but that kind of cat acts like a huge kit." He had only told Ivorypaw of the nickname, and even his sweet littermate had gotten a chuckle out of it. He'd even convinced her to start using the term as well. Ebonypaw was always making up crude names for cats he disliked, some Ivorypaw laughed at, some she didn't like and found too 'mean'. Who cared if he was mean? Okay, some cats, but he wasn't the most friendly in the first place. He blinked, nodding and slipping into the shadows, his black pelt blending perfectly with the darkness as his eyes glanced around. He slipped out behind his mentor, silently, and judged his distance from the large tom. He then lashed out his back legs, taking all his weight off his front paws.
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
"Oh, er..thanks. I don't want to be helpless either, I want to be strong and defend my Clan." He replied honestly. He didn't want to be a soft, pampered kit-warrior. Yep. He'd given that type of warrior a cruel nickname. He had nothing against kits, but he did against that type of warrior. "I call the soft whiny warriors kit-warriors. Nothing against kits, of course, but that kind of cat acts like a huge kit." He had only told Ivorypaw of the nickname, and even his sweet littermate had gotten a chuckle out of it. He'd even convinced her to start using the term as well. Ebonypaw was always making up crude names for cats he disliked, some Ivorypaw laughed at, some she didn't like and found too 'mean'. Who cared if he was mean? Okay, some cats, but he wasn't the most friendly in the first place. He blinked, nodding and slipping into the shadows, his black pelt blending perfectly with the darkness as his eyes glanced around. He slipped out behind his mentor, silently, and judged his distance from the large tom. He then lashed out his back legs, taking all his weight off his front paws.
“You’re welcome..” The older warrior murmured, his tone gentle towards the younger male, “You will be strong and ready by the time I’m done training you, don’t you even worry about that.” Flintheart even admitted a little proud chuckle that this, rather excited and fueled enough to get this apprentice prepared for the future that was laid out before him. He listened to his student with an indent ear, always making sure to not space off within his own thoughts when Ebonypaw was talking - he had his own experiences about not being listened to or being taken seriously and would not want the youth to have to go through that with him, at the least. The mentor gave a softened laugh at his apprentice’s statement, his tone deep as the laugh left his throat. “I must agree with you that there are some warriors in this forest that deserve a title such as kit-warrior.” He said, his tail lashing behind him, “Some just don’t have the right to their warrior name, neglecting their rank and just using it as power over the weaker ones. All they do is complain and whine while they make apprentices pick the fleas off of them. Disgusting creatures at their finest.” Flintheart finished his short rant with a huff and roll of his greenish-blue eyes before he straightened up and watched as Ebonypaw went off to demonstrate a battle move. His fur was rather dark, which gave him an advantage when there would be a time when they would go against another clan or any enemy in the dark of the night. The tom stayed still though, not bothering to even attempt to spot the younger one in the shadows of the cave. He watched though, as the smaller cat, snuck out from behind him and paused for a moment, probably judging distance or space between them, same thing, before he kicked out his back paws with all his might, putting his weight off his front paws for the moment. Flintheart leaned back his head ever so slightly, just in case the apprentice’s distance was calculated wrong. The grey-furred warrior did not wish to take a kick to the face on this day. Once the move had been demonstrated correctly without error, Flintheart simply dipped his head in a silent act of approval towards the cat known as Ebonypaw. “Well done, young one.” He praised his student, “A flawless execution, just as the warriors I had heard about your skills from had said.” The warrior would now see if the apprentice was familiar with a more advanced move. “How about the jump-and-pin? Sound familiar?”

Last edited by Captain; September 24th, 2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:10 AM
Dead Account

My Mood: Fine
Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
Wisteriapaw tilted her head in confusion at Halfkit, wondering why he was all the way out here. Of course he was lost, she had known that from the beginning. The young molly opened her mouth to reply to the kitten when he mentioned something about gathering herbs. Wisteriapaw's ears pricked erect with confusion, curious as to why a kit would be out in the forest, attempting to gather plants. She swallowed back a biting purr. What an absurd idea! They must be no more than a moon old.... Suddenly, she saw the kit start shaking and she grew concerned, taking a step forward. Her tabby fur bristled, as the kit expressed her worry. For once, it kind of made Wisteriapaw seem powerful and superior, and she honestly liked it. But still, by no means was she going to terrorize a kit for the mere fact that she could. What a horrid thing to do. She shook her head as the kit began crying, and lowered her head to meet Halfkit's level. "I won't. Snowstar and Bubblestep won't know anything unless they find out some other way. But you can't be out here trying to pick herbs. It's dangerous," she warned, her gaze flicking with alarm as she realized how vulnerable the two were out here. "I can help you back to camp," she offered.
Halfkit tried to steady himself, feeling a lot better now that he knew this cat wouldn't tell on him. Thank you! The kit purred, kneading the ground with tiny paws, his tail straight up, with a slight hook at the end. But I haven't gotten any herbs yet! That's the only reason I came here!
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:13 AM
Dead Account

My Mood: Fine
Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebear6 View Post
Halfkit tried to steady himself, feeling a lot better now that he knew this cat wouldn't tell on him. Thank you! The kit purred, kneading the ground with tiny paws, his tail straight up, with a slight hook at the end. But I haven't gotten any herbs yet! That's the only reason I came here!

(Sorry that one was kinda short, I couldn't think of anything.)
Old September 25th, 2017, 04:26 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Quote:
“You’re welcome..” The older warrior murmured, his tone gentle towards the younger male, “You will be strong and ready by the time I’m done training you, don’t you even worry about that.” Flintheart even admitted a little proud chuckle that this, rather excited and fueled enough to get this apprentice prepared for the future that was laid out before him. He listened to his student with an indent ear, always making sure to not space off within his own thoughts when Ebonypaw was talking - he had his own experiences about not being listened to or being taken seriously and would not want the youth to have to go through that with him, at the least. The mentor gave a softened laugh at his apprentice’s statement, his tone deep as the laugh left his throat. “I must agree with you that there are some warriors in this forest that deserve a title such as kit-warrior.” He said, his tail lashing behind him, “Some just don’t have the right to their warrior name, neglecting their rank and just using it as power over the weaker ones. All they do is complain and whine while they make apprentices pick the fleas off of them. Disgusting creatures at their finest.” Flintheart finished his short rant with a huff and roll of his greenish-blue eyes before he straightened up and watched as Ebonypaw went off to demonstrate a battle move. His fur was rather dark, which gave him an advantage when there would be a time when they would go against another clan or any enemy in the dark of the night. The tom stayed still though, not bothering to even attempt to spot the younger one in the shadows of the cave. He watched though, as the smaller cat, snuck out from behind him and paused for a moment, probably judging distance or space between them, same thing, before he kicked out his back paws with all his might, putting his weight off his front paws for the moment. Flintheart leaned back his head ever so slightly, just in case the apprentice’s distance was calculated wrong. The grey-furred warrior did not wish to take a kick to the face on this day. Once the move had been demonstrated correctly without error, Flintheart simply dipped his head in a silent act of approval towards the cat known as Ebonypaw. “Well done, young one.” He praised his student, “A flawless execution, just as the warriors I had heard about your skills from had said.” The warrior would now see if the apprentice was familiar with a more advanced move. “How about the jump-and-pin? Sound familiar?”

Ebonypaw gave a small smile, his mucles relaxing at his gentle tone. "Good! I'm gonna be the strongest in ThunderClan." He bluffed. He chuckled as well, his tail swaying and his eyes glowing with pride at his moves execution. The black-pelted tom felt something like he felt around Ivorypaw, perhaps tolerance, towards his mentor. Yeah, strong tolerance. He liked him more than before after their little meetings and training. He was glad that he listened to what he was saying, he'd been passed aside as mouse-brained for stating his opinion and it enraged him. He glanced around the cave once more, taking in the claw marks and other cats scattered around. Ebonypaw was glad he wasn't scolded for admitting his little joke. It'd happened before. "One time I got in a fight with this cat, over something mouse-brained I admit, and they got insulted when I used it. You and Ivorypaw are the only other ones who know I call them that." He mewed. He was glad he could trust his mentor to not rat him out, as he agreed some warriors were pathetic. "Yeah, honestly i've seen apprentices with more loyalty." He agreed. Ebonypaw finished off his little rant, hoping, no, promising himself he'd never become a lazy warrior. Ever. His chest was puffed out with pride at the move he'd just preformed. It was exicuted nicely, though he wasn't sure if he got the distance totally right. He didn't completely miss, at least. He loved his pure black pelt, it gave him an advantage in silent or sneak attacks. Ivory was more prone to leap into battle and pin to the opponents back, avoiding damage. Good thing she knew a bit about battle. He wished he didn't have to pause to judge distance, but if he didn't judge the distance carefully he'd flop and ruin the move completely in font of Flintheart. He grinned slightly, pleased with himself, and waited for his mentors response. Ebonypaw wasn't too out of breath, for the most part. His chest was heaving an itty more than before, but that was to be expected. His front paws felt a bit odd with weight back on them, but he ignored that. What kind of cat would he be to collapse of exhaustion after one move? A pathetic one! He would keep going, obviously, he wasn't even tired! "Thanks, Flintheart." He dipped his head respectfully, hiding his large smile before lifting his gaze back up. He raked his memory, before shaking his head reluctantly. "I've never heard of that one, from what I can remember." He admitted.
Old September 25th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Ebonypaw gave a small smile, his mucles relaxing at his gentle tone. "Good! I'm gonna be the strongest in ThunderClan." He bluffed. He chuckled as well, his tail swaying and his eyes glowing with pride at his moves execution. The black-pelted tom felt something like he felt around Ivorypaw, perhaps tolerance, towards his mentor. Yeah, strong tolerance. He liked him more than before after their little meetings and training. He was glad that he listened to what he was saying, he'd been passed aside as mouse-brained for stating his opinion and it enraged him. He glanced around the cave once more, taking in the claw marks and other cats scattered around. Ebonypaw was glad he wasn't scolded for admitting his little joke. It'd happened before. "One time I got in a fight with this cat, over something mouse-brained I admit, and they got insulted when I used it. You and Ivorypaw are the only other ones who know I call them that." He mewed. He was glad he could trust his mentor to not rat him out, as he agreed some warriors were pathetic. "Yeah, honestly i've seen apprentices with more loyalty." He agreed. Ebonypaw finished off his little rant, hoping, no, promising himself he'd never become a lazy warrior. Ever. His chest was puffed out with pride at the move he'd just preformed. It was exicuted nicely, though he wasn't sure if he got the distance totally right. He didn't completely miss, at least. He loved his pure black pelt, it gave him an advantage in silent or sneak attacks. Ivory was more prone to leap into battle and pin to the opponents back, avoiding damage. Good thing she knew a bit about battle. He wished he didn't have to pause to judge distance, but if he didn't judge the distance carefully he'd flop and ruin the move completely in font of Flintheart. He grinned slightly, pleased with himself, and waited for his mentors response. Ebonypaw wasn't too out of breath, for the most part. His chest was heaving an itty more than before, but that was to be expected. His front paws felt a bit odd with weight back on them, but he ignored that. What kind of cat would he be to collapse of exhaustion after one move? A pathetic one! He would keep going, obviously, he wasn't even tired! "Thanks, Flintheart." He dipped his head respectfully, hiding his large smile before lifting his gaze back up. He raked his memory, before shaking his head reluctantly. "I've never heard of that one, from what I can remember." He admitted.
Flintheart blinked down at the dark-furred apprentice that stood before him, seeing how his eyes shined with pride at the mentor’s praise and encouragement. The sight alone brought a smile to the warrior’s maw as he saw so much in this younger tom that could make a wise, noble warrior of Thunderclan someday. “It warms my heart to know that some of the youth in this clan still take the time and effort to train and don’t just laze around all day.” He murmured, trying not to go into another short rant like a bumbling elder would. His eyes flickered over to the cave’s entrance, seeing the distance view of the clearing from where he currently sat. There had been word around camp of Bubblestep, the deputy of Thunderclan, disappearing without a trace, which meant that Snowstar would have to pick a new deputy soon. The thought inched his mind for a moment or two before he directed his attention back to Ebonypaw. “You haven’t disappointed me yet.” He said, heaving himself to his paws as the younger male explained that he was uneducated of the move that he had mentioned, which wasn’t really his fault, since it was not a beginner’s move. However, he wished to push Ebonypaw far, farther than any apprentice in the skills of battle tactics and make him the strongest cat he could be - like he strived for. The Burmilla stepped past his apprentice, his eyes scanning around until they rested on a small branch the lingered on the side of the cave. It was covered in claw marks and was far from untouched. He picked it up in his jaws and lugged it over to the nearby open wall of the cave, soon dropping it. The branch gave a dull thud as it hit the ground, the sound echoing around the small cave space for a moment as Flintheart looked to his student. “This is your opponent.” He explained, pointing to the branch with one paw, “This is your opponent’s back.” Flintheart pressed his paw onto the middle of the branch, making sure that Ebonypaw was listening and watching carefully. “Observe.” The mentor said before backing away slightly. He turned away from the branch and with a huff, ran straight at the stone wall. Leaping forward with his front paws out, his front paws went against the wall as he launched himself off the surface and twisted his body through the air backwards, with precision and accuracy, until he landed directly on the branch with both paws. It uttered a small crack at the force, but did not break. Flintheart gave a few soft breaths at this, not having done this move in a long while. “This is known as the jump-and-pin, an advanced move that I don’t expect you to be strong enough for yet.” He said, lifting his head and looking at Ebonypaw, “But through lots of training, I believe that you will be able to do this and many other intense moves that will help you. How about you give it a try?” He offered, stepping away and gesturing to the weakened branch in front of him.
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:43 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Quote:
Flintheart blinked down at the dark-furred apprentice that stood before him, seeing how his eyes shined with pride at the mentor’s praise and encouragement. The sight alone brought a smile to the warrior’s maw as he saw so much in this younger tom that could make a wise, noble warrior of Thunderclan someday. “It warms my heart to know that some of the youth in this clan still take the time and effort to train and don’t just laze around all day.” He murmured, trying not to go into another short rant like a bumbling elder would. His eyes flickered over to the cave’s entrance, seeing the distance view of the clearing from where he currently sat. There had been word around camp of Bubblestep, the deputy of Thunderclan, disappearing without a trace, which meant that Snowstar would have to pick a new deputy soon. The thought inched his mind for a moment or two before he directed his attention back to Ebonypaw. “You haven’t disappointed me yet.” He said, heaving himself to his paws as the younger male explained that he was uneducated of the move that he had mentioned, which wasn’t really his fault, since it was not a beginner’s move. However, he wished to push Ebonypaw far, farther than any apprentice in the skills of battle tactics and make him the strongest cat he could be - like he strived for. The Burmilla stepped past his apprentice, his eyes scanning around until they rested on a small branch the lingered on the side of the cave. It was covered in claw marks and was far from untouched. He picked it up in his jaws and lugged it over to the nearby open wall of the cave, soon dropping it. The branch gave a dull thud as it hit the ground, the sound echoing around the small cave space for a moment as Flintheart looked to his student. “This is your opponent.” He explained, pointing to the branch with one paw, “This is your opponent’s back.” Flintheart pressed his paw onto the middle of the branch, making sure that Ebonypaw was listening and watching carefully. “Observe.” The mentor said before backing away slightly. He turned away from the branch and with a huff, ran straight at the stone wall. Leaping forward with his front paws out, his front paws went against the wall as he launched himself off the surface and twisted his body through the air backwards, with precision and accuracy, until he landed directly on the branch with both paws. It uttered a small crack at the force, but did not break. Flintheart gave a few soft breaths at this, not having done this move in a long while. “This is known as the jump-and-pin, an advanced move that I don’t expect you to be strong enough for yet.” He said, lifting his head and looking at Ebonypaw, “But through lots of training, I believe that you will be able to do this and many other intense moves that will help you. How about you give it a try?” He offered, stepping away and gesturing to the weakened branch in front of him.
Ebonypaw looked back at his mentor, he wanted to be sort of like him. Not lazy, or blinded by friendliness or love. It was nice, he didn't want a mate, but he liked cats that could handle that and not become soft. He made sure he kept his claws sheathed, which wasn't too hard, because he barely fought with his claws. Ever, honestly. "Thanks, I don't want to be a lazy mouse-brain when I could be hunting or fighting for my Clan." He mewed, smiling. He was glad his mentor appreciated his efforts, some cats found him too..something or other. Annoying perhaps? Yeah, but he didn't see why. He was just honest and a bit rude. But at leat he wasn't lazy! Bubblestep, the new, or, former deputy had disappeared one day without a trace, and he wondered who the new deputy would be. He hoped it was someone loyal, and honest, and hard working. He snapped out of his thoughts, reminding himself to pay attention to Flintheart's lesson. "Well thats good to know." He mewed, giving a slight chuckle. His heart leaped slightly. His mentor hadn't been dissapointed with him yet! Good to know he wasn't an idiot. He wished he could've impressed his mentor by knowing the move, but he couldn't recall anything by the name he called it. He wanted to learn it, however, as soon as the move escaped his mentors mouth he was curious to hear about it. The tom watched his mentor, eyes fixed on his pelt with curiosity and focus. He flicked his gave to the branch like his mentor did, but kept his gaze mostly on Flintheart. He watched the branch being hauled by his mentor, blinking with confusion. A..branch? Did this move involve branches? He might as well watch, this looked interesting. Ebonypaw's ears flicked slightly forwards, pricked to their tallest height as he kept complete focus..for the most part. Confused thoughts swarmed around in his head while his mentor worked. "Okay." He mewed, starting to understand. He nodded, noting that in his mind. That was a good strategy in battle, from what he could tell. He watched his mentors movements, making silent notes. Ebonypaw nodded in reply, watching his mentors every move, his breath almost hitching in his throat from his excitement to learn a new move. He was confused as he ran straight at a wall. That was typically something warriors avoided. He blinked as he launched himself off the wall, twisting his body with amazing accuracy and precision. He landed on the branch and made the black apprentice let out a tiny sound of amazement. The branch didn't quite break, but emitted a crack as Flinthearts paws landed on it. He gazed up at his mentor with admiration in his eyes. "Wow." He said simply. That described his emotions pretty well. "O-Okay." He agreed with that statement, he'd end up on his face if he tried it on a real cat. Possibly even the branch. "I think i'll be able to do it after practice." He stated, determination in his mew. Oh. Now? "Er-alright." He mewed, standing about where his mentor had. He raced at the wall, readying himself. Mimicking his mentors movements, he made a few mistakes. His twisting was awkward and not as precise, and as he landed he managed to hit the stick. Unfortunately, he then fell on his face, off balance. He leaped up, eartips hot with unspoken embarrassment, and shook out his fur.
Old September 25th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Ebonypaw looked back at his mentor, he wanted to be sort of like him. Not lazy, or blinded by friendliness or love. It was nice, he didn't want a mate, but he liked cats that could handle that and not become soft. He made sure he kept his claws sheathed, which wasn't too hard, because he barely fought with his claws. Ever, honestly. "Thanks, I don't want to be a lazy mouse-brain when I could be hunting or fighting for my Clan." He mewed, smiling. He was glad his mentor appreciated his efforts, some cats found him too..something or other. Annoying perhaps? Yeah, but he didn't see why. He was just honest and a bit rude. But at leat he wasn't lazy! Bubblestep, the new, or, former deputy had disappeared one day without a trace, and he wondered who the new deputy would be. He hoped it was someone loyal, and honest, and hard working. He snapped out of his thoughts, reminding himself to pay attention to Flintheart's lesson. "Well thats good to know." He mewed, giving a slight chuckle. His heart leaped slightly. His mentor hadn't been dissapointed with him yet! Good to know he wasn't an idiot. He wished he could've impressed his mentor by knowing the move, but he couldn't recall anything by the name he called it. He wanted to learn it, however, as soon as the move escaped his mentors mouth he was curious to hear about it. The tom watched his mentor, eyes fixed on his pelt with curiosity and focus. He flicked his gave to the branch like his mentor did, but kept his gaze mostly on Flintheart. He watched the branch being hauled by his mentor, blinking with confusion. A..branch? Did this move involve branches? He might as well watch, this looked interesting. Ebonypaw's ears flicked slightly forwards, pricked to their tallest height as he kept complete focus..for the most part. Confused thoughts swarmed around in his head while his mentor worked. "Okay." He mewed, starting to understand. He nodded, noting that in his mind. That was a good strategy in battle, from what he could tell. He watched his mentors movements, making silent notes. Ebonypaw nodded in reply, watching his mentors every move, his breath almost hitching in his throat from his excitement to learn a new move. He was confused as he ran straight at a wall. That was typically something warriors avoided. He blinked as he launched himself off the wall, twisting his body with amazing accuracy and precision. He landed on the branch and made the black apprentice let out a tiny sound of amazement. The branch didn't quite break, but emitted a crack as Flinthearts paws landed on it. He gazed up at his mentor with admiration in his eyes. "Wow." He said simply. That described his emotions pretty well. "O-Okay." He agreed with that statement, he'd end up on his face if he tried it on a real cat. Possibly even the branch. "I think i'll be able to do it after practice." He stated, determination in his mew. Oh. Now? "Er-alright." He mewed, standing about where his mentor had. He raced at the wall, readying himself. Mimicking his mentors movements, he made a few mistakes. His twisting was awkward and not as precise, and as he landed he managed to hit the stick. Unfortunately, he then fell on his face, off balance. He leaped up, eartips hot with unspoken embarrassment, and shook out his fur.
The mentor sat down once more on the soft dirt with his tail curling around his paws, watching the apprentice in silence as they proceeded to attempt the advanced move that he had just now demonstrated. His eyes were locked onto the smaller cat as Ebonypaw raced towards the wall, trying to mimic what he had just been shown. Flintheart was not at the least bit surprised when his apprentice did many mistakes from accuracy to form when trying to do this now, but through it all, the tom made no comment or sound until he watched the apprentice land on his face in the dirt with little grace in their movements. The Burmilla heaved himself to his paws, walking over to Ebonypaw as the apprentice leaped up to their paws, covered in dirt and looking rather embarrassed because of the failed move. Flintheart sat down once more, looking down at the younger cta for a quiet moment. “Let me tell you something, Ebonypaw, even though you probably already know this..” He said, clearing his throat before continuing, “The world is a very nasty, cruel place and I don’t care how tough you claim that you are..” The mentor emphasised this by poking the younger tom’s chest with one paw, “Because no matter what, there will be times where you will be beaten down and out of all the problems that you face, nothing will hit you harder than life itself, but it isn’t about how hard you get beaten. You need to understand that. It’s about standing back up and trying again. It’s about how much you are willing to take and how hard you are able to take it, all while still moving forward and trying again and again. That’s what makes a true warrior.” He said to Ebonypaw with a certain sternness in his tone, “You will make mistakes and not everything will be perfect on the first try - but you just need to remember to keep trying and improving without letting life keep you there on the cold ground. Do you understand what I’m trying to say?” He said to the younger male, giving him a moment to respond before continuing, “We will work our way from the bottom, all the way to the top.” With that, the mentor stood up and went around Ebonypaw to the branch, lifting it up with his paws and resting it against the wall. “Now then, demonstrate a back kick with all that you have on this branch. Once you have mastered this move, then we will move onto something more difficult, but not until you are prepared for such.” Flintheart, not saying anymore now, sat down a little bit away from the apprentice, in the shade of the shadows of the cave. He would watch his apprentice and be determined to make him into something great, into someone the clan could be proud to cheer for.