Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan > ThunderClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
3v1 Raid Partner Finder
Last post by ophelia
Today 08:51 PM
TC/ShC/WC v RC Battle...
by dino.
Last post by dino.
Today 08:49 PM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by olive-shine
ShadowClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by ---Bluestar---
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by lionparty25
Today 08:44 PM
Closed Thread

Old March 6th, 2024, 12:55 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ThunderClan Raid Healing

•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

Violetfreckle was out of breath the first time she returned to camp, dumping six rosemary and two cobwebs onto the ground unceremoniously. She was equally so when she returned from her second trip, carrying five marigolds and two bundles of moss. She also carried one vole, which she set down at Springpaw's feet. "You don't have to eat it now, but you need to eat. Keep your strength up." It wasn't like she was being nice. This was just common decency; any hardworking cat would do this.

// trip one - trip two - herb total: +6 rosemary, +5 marigold, +2 cobwebs, +2 moss - +1 vole - @vei \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old March 7th, 2024, 11:14 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

One patient after another, everything slowly began to unfold with the medicine den beginning to settle. The herbs that Strawberrymumble had brought her had bought valuable use for the calico as she began to use them for the patients that were seemingly in dire need of marigolds put onto their wounds. Sure, she could call for them to gather some sunfuzz - if that was what Lightningstorm called them - or yellow bells to help as well, but her biggest priority at the moment was getting marigold as it was the one that she knew the most about. Besides, it was one of the first few herbs that she knew about before both of those. If she hadn’t been taught about using marigold by Bumblestar herself, then she would’ve potentially used sunfuzz or yellow bells to help defy any infections to form on wounds. Of course, that didn’t mean that Springpaw wouldn’t use the herbs unless they were desirably needed. If they weren’t needed, why did she have Violetfreckle and Mudhound go out of their way to collect some so that she had some in case she ran out of marigolds for the clan? If she hadn’t bothered to ask them, then she would go out of her way to collect some herself if she had to. If no one else would do it, then she would collect the needed herbs for the clan herself. Sure, she would have to commit herself first with Bumblestar about it before leaving, but this was beneficial to both herself and her clan-mates. If no one wanted to die from infection or blood loss due to there being no cobwebs to bandage up the wounded, then she would need to take precatory precautions to gather the required supplies that she needed.

Her silence was soon disturbed as her oriental-shaped ears listened for another patient to waltz into the medicine den, her tired blue eyes darting towards the familiar golden form of Lioncrest making his way into the medicine den. In comparison to her other patients when they came into the medicine den, his wounds didn’t come off as severe. To be quite honest, his wounds were the most minor ones that he had ever seen out of all the cats that she ran into while healing their wounds. At least it wouldn’t take her too long to get his wounds patched up. With a tired smile forming its way onto her lips, the medic eyed the tom-cat for a short moment before lifting herself onto her legs to traverse her way towards the storage and grab her needed supplies. “Well… at least… you don’t… look as… battered… as all… of the… other cats… that… I’ve… seen…” Her futile attempts at being humorous were rather tame, but it was better than nothing. The world needed some enlightenment to help lift its battered spirits. It had been darkened by the harsher realities of war and bloodshed that some humor would at least be able to lighten up the mood just a little bit, even if it wasn’t much. With a chuckle escaping past her lips at her small attempt at humor, she whisked her tail before heading her way through the complex downways of the medicine den towards the storage so that she could pluck out all that she needed to assist with Lioncrest’s wounds. Thankfully, with her storage being filled with the herbs that she needed, she gingerly plucked out each of the essentials that she required for her current patient at paw.

One piece of moss to cleanse out any grime and excess blood from his pelt and wounds, one marigold to defy away any potential infection, two cobwebs to staunch the blood flow, and one poppyseed to numb the pain. She wasn’t sure if the tom-cat required the last item, but it was better to be prepared than not, right? Being satisfied with her collecting of needed items, she gingerly carried each of her trusty materials down the medicine den towards her awaiting patient. She settled down each of her supplies next to her as she lifted the moist bundle of moss to begin cleaning out all the blood that tainted Lioncrest’s naturally golden fur. It wasn’t the most difficult job in the world, as she had done this sort of thing plenty of times before with other patients who sustained injuries similar to her patients. She had almost felt tempted to ask how her mother and siblings were doing, as she hadn’t held the chance to properly interact with them ever since her siblings had been born. She felt bad. If it weren’t for her position as one of the clan’s healers then maybe she would’ve had some more spare time to visit her family. But her work mattered more to her than sparing it to have some family bonding time. If she didn’t focus on attending to her clan-mates, then what was the point of serving the role of ThunderClan’s medicine cat apprentice? If all she did was just mess around with doing things that didn’t resort to her duty, then why bother? Her thoughts on the matter were soon to be submerged as the moss held between her jaws began to turn a bright, scarlet red, making her pull her head back to observe her work before carefully laying the bloodied moss-ball next to herself.

She swiftly turned to snatch up her single bloom of marigold, angling herself to carefully dampen it into the stream within the den before placing it back down again, beginning to chew until it was a thickened poultice that she’d use for Lioncrest’s wounds. Unfortunately, since she didn’t have any spare dock inside of the storage, she would just need to be precise with the amount that she’d put on her paws and rub onto the inflicted areas that Lioncrest was hit at. While she was chewing, she briefly used her other paw to brush the tiny black poppyseed in front of his view so that he could take it to help ease the pain that he was going through. But, if he didn’t withstand any pain of sorts, it wouldn’t be necessary for him to take it. Once she was finished chewing, she pushed some of the thickened poultices onto her paw pads before reaching towards the first area in sight and beginning to gingerly rub the healing ointment onto the area, her brows furrowed in intensity. Her main focus at the moment was to get the bite wound on his left shoulder all covered in poultice before moving on to the more shallow wounds along his shoulders in neck. That area seemed to be the more severe of his wounds and she felt as if it may be more essential to get that specific bite all covered before moving on to the more minor wounds. After she finished with the bite mark, she moved on to slathering the poultice onto shallow scratches around his neck and shoulders, being sure to be as careful and concise as possible with her rubbing.

“Your… already… almost… done… all that… I need… to do… is… get this… poultice… onto the… gashes… under your… belly… and then… get cobwebs… onto all… over the… areas… to keep… the poultice… from getting… rubbed off.” Springpaw explained after she pushed more of the poultice onto her now-blooded paw. To be fair, after committing herself to doing this task for so long, she had gotten used to blood sticking onto her fur without being bothered much by its tangible, acrid stench. Sure, at times, it can be a little overwhelming to take in, but it wasn’t as horrible as it was smelling rotting flesh on the fresh-kill pile when no one bothered to take care of any rotting prey. With an irritable roll of her shoulders, she lifted the topic off her mind as she pressed another round of poultice onto her paw pads and finally got rid of the bitter taste that tainted her tongue. Carefully, she moved her paw to begin to rub the remaining poultice onto the moderate, deeper gashes along his underbelly. She wanted to apologize for in case it stung him in any way, but she held herself back from doing so. The tom-cat already had plenty on his mind as it is, most likely. He didn’t need another set of burdens wearing him down just for her to apologize for the fact that the poultice managed to sting once it was placed onto any set of injuries. Sighing, she finished her ministrations on the latter and pulled her paw back away from the poulticed-covered injuries, eying her work for a brief moment.

Upon being finished by ber observing, she moved to the stream to quickly clean her paws out of the blood and poultice before moving back to her spot to begin unfolding both of the cobwebs so she could begin stripping them and using them to bandage up the wounds on Lioncrest and finally staunch the blood flow. At least it hadn’t taken her too long to get to this stage where she would finally bandage up his wounds. Her herb storage hadn’t depleted far too much since it was only the bare minimum of necessities that she used to get Lioncrest all bandaged up. As she finished stripping the silver webs, she slowly began to bandage up each of the areas that were covered with the poultice. Starting with the minor bite wound on his shoulder towards the moderate gashes along his stomach. A smiled wormed its way onto her lips as she finished her precise work and glanced up towards the tom-cat, backing up to briefly examine him. “There… you are… all… finished… you can… go ahead… and take… the poppyseed… as you… wish… to help… ease the… pain… from the… wounds and… torn fur… as I… am afraid… that there is… a bare minimum… of things… that I… can do… to help… with that… scenario.”

[ -1 moss | -1 marigold | -2 cobwebs | -1 poppyseed ]

@Jayvines

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old March 7th, 2024, 02:09 PM
chasing away dreams

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

The medicine cat apprentice was pleased to see that Flutterminnow didn’t take too long to gather the essentials that she had requested for her to get. Her sigh, however, was quick to catch the alerted medic’s attention as her brows briefly furrowed forward. Springpaw wasn’t up for any sort of unnecessary argument at the given moment with how everything currently was with the medicine den being as crowded as it was. Plus, to add onto this, her head only seemed fuming with the throbbing pain from the overexertion of exhaustion that was taking a toll on her body of going from cat to cat and seeing if they were at least doing proportionally okay after she had patched them all up. Even while she had been working on each cat individually, she couldn’t help but feel the bile of anxiety creep up the back of her throat from the worries of her mentor’s physical state attacking her mental insecurities and only continuously taunting her more and more with each passing minute. Her worries had decreased once Flutterminnow arrived back with only one bloom of marigold hanging in her jaws, disappointment marking itself along Springpaw’s features. It wasn’t much, but it would be able to help Drizzlecloud given that it wouldn’t require much for her wounds, thankfully. With a curt nod, she bent down to collect the golden bloom while preparing to go back toward the familiar form of her mentor. “It… should be… enough for… her… thank you… for looking… for margold… nonetheless.” It was at least better than all the other support that she had received from the molly herself.

Approaching the familiar form of her mentor, she settled herself down beside her as she dipped the marigold into the stream to dampen it a little bit before chewing it up into a proper poultice. From how many times she had chewed up herbs into a poultice she could’ve sworn that her tongue was going to become nothing more than a poulticed-covered muscle. It was a little amusing to think about if she thought about it long enough, but it was better than nothing, she supposed. While she chewed on her bloom, she watched as Sparrowpelt intently watched over the still form Drizzlecloud, seemingly prepared for anything to come at him. To be honest, Springpaw wanted to thank him the most. He was the most helpful out of this scenario and he had managed to keep her sanity to a minimum. Sure, Flutterminnow was there, but that molly only just did the most as what a deer would while staring at headlights. As she finished chewing, Springpaw pushed the poultice onto one of her paw pads and began to gingerly rub it onto the gash along the ticked tabby’s head, covering the small layer of poultice that she already had listed down along her head to help fight off any potential infection. Her brows furrowed intently as she rubbed into every crevice of the wound, being sure to be as careful as possible to not irritate the already sensitive skin any longer. That would just only worsen the condition and Springpaw did not want that at all. As she finished rubbing the gash along her mentor’s head, she prepared herself to move onto the smaller, shallow scratches along Drizzlecloud's cheek.

There wasn’t a lot that Springpaw needed for those gashes themselves, only just rubbing the remaining poultice off her paws onto the gashes to hopefully keep any potential infection from forming along there. The medic heavily doubted such a thing would occur from a shallow wound as that, but Springpaw felt better being prepared than not. As quick as she started, she soon finished as a sharp exhale let itself loose through her nostrils, the molly backing up and quickly washing the poultice off her paws. Now, she needed to grab a wad of cobweb and a poppyseed for her mentor to take to hopefully keep her at ease. With that thought in mind, she briefly eyed Sparrowpelt with a wordless look before making her way down towards the herb storage, snatching a wad of cobwebs with a foreclaw and using her paws to gently coax out a poppyseed from one of the many puffy red flowers that her patrols had brought. She still was thankful for them to bring back so many herbs that the clan had desperately needed. If they hadn’t bothered to make a return back to camp, she was bound to be ticked off and they would be forced to go back out into the cold to find the herbs again. With another quiet huff, she snatched both of her essential items as she shuffled her way back towards the trio of felines, planting herself back onto her haunches as she unfolded the silver lining of cobweb to prepare to place it onto Drizzlecloud’s wounds. With precise care, she carefully split the silver webs into separate pieces so she could use a smaller portion of the web to cover the shallow gashes along her mentor’s cheek and a larger portion of it along her mentor’s more chronic, head gash.

Being quick to finish stripping the silver webs, she carefully began to bandage up her mentor’s wounds as she pressed the silver webs onto the head wound first, watching briefly as the blood began to turn the silver webs a light scarlet, the same being said for when she placed the other half of the webs onto Drizzlecloud’s shallow cheek scars. A relieved sigh expelled past her lips as she pulled her bloodied paws back, glancing briefly towards the brown tabby form of Sparrowpelt. “I… did all… that I…. can for her… now we… just need to-” Her statement was soon to be interrupted as she noted the stirring movement along her mentor’s moss-bed, her tired blue eyes yanking down to focus intently on the movements for a moment. Her chest swirled and her stomach bolted, a smile soon forming on her face as she saw her mentor finally awake. Thank stars that she wasn’t dead. “Dr… Drizzlecloud!... You… you are okay… I thought… I thought I… lost you.” The pastel calico ignored the aching, throbbing feeling in her throat, only feeling pleased that her mentor was awake and doing… as well as she could. Holding back the urge to nuzzle her mentor, she used one of her paws to nudge the tiny black poppyseed in her direction so that she could take it. However, even with Springpaw’s succumbing excitement, she couldn’t help but notice the harsh look of horror overtaking her mentor’s face. What was wrong? “What’s… wrong, Driz?” It probably felt ridiculous of her to ask her mentor what was wrong, but the realization of why would come to her senses eventually.

[ -1 marigold | -1 cobweb | -1 poppyseed ]

@SuspiciousMindz @Omari @Spookez. [ we can go ahead and end off the healing right here since spring is finished ]

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.

Last edited by iliri; March 7th, 2024 at 02:12 PM.
Old March 7th, 2024, 03:57 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Sprucepaw |
Kitty Softpaws - Active | Ultimate Predator - Inactive | Agatha Kitty - Active

Yellow flowers clasped in his maw, Fudge blinked uninterestedly as he reached the herb cat assistant. Dropping the required herbs before her, he turned a deceptively unfocused stare around the injured cats, emerald hues seeking out a particularly large mass of brown fur on three legs. Unable to find them, he gave the calico a mildly questioning look, not especially distinct from the emotionless, blank stare from before aside of the quirked brow. He wasn't certain if herb cat was going to be asking for more things, although from what he could see, at least the patrol leader had been right. Their fourth patrol mate had gotten here before the rest of them. Worked just as well for the young apprentice. Meant less cats to deal with on the way back. If that was all, however, he would like to head on out. Find The Boulder and make sure they had survived the pointless raid just fine.

@vei [Springpaw] | @starry [Fawnsplash] | @Eden [Leafpaw] | @Estelle [Poppypaw]
For some reason I failed to realize it was my turn in this patrol, sorry about that! Since Fawnsplash had mentioned heading back, I got us here under the assumption Fawnsplash would be leading, but if I misinterpreted that let me know and I'll correct the post as quickly as possible. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old March 8th, 2024, 10:34 PM
pfp by chickadee

Bump Policy: 12 hours / 2 hours time sensitive
My Mood: Sneaky

Seriously, Dragonflycliff. You lost your eye to a fish. A literal fish.
She sighed, and walked near Springpaw.
Dragonflycliff just said "Hi, Springpaw. Sorry to disturb you."
- @vei - short post sorry
- injuries are literally nothing but the eye

Lillian gave belly rubs to all the cats
x ghostie gave da cats all da love <3
pat pat - hope
lots of love given by: Thechaoticdigitalcircus & SeonghwasBunnyEars
Pocket Full of Purrkies ACTIVE

Last edited by hermeswind; March 8th, 2024 at 11:20 PM.
Old March 9th, 2024, 04:32 PM
chasing away dreams

Springpaw

A short wave of relief surpassed herself as Spiderfoot didn’t hesitate to go out to find the resources that she desperately needed. Springpaw already had a good portion of herbs within her herb storage from cats going out to collect the proper essentials that she needed from patrols, but that didn’t mean that she had everything she needed. Tree sap was one of the things that she had found herself expecting the least given that the wounds that she encountered weren’t as chronic as Feathernoses. Unfortunately, though, time was ticking, and she needed to grab the needed supplies as soon as she could before she lost a possible patient on her paws. As soon as Spiderfoot left the den to grab the supplies that she had ordered for him to grab, she rushed down the crevices of the medicine den to go towards her herb storage and search for the right materials that she needed. Thankfully, there was a good portion of sticks, moss, marigolds, and other things that she required for this specific situation, so she was quick to snag one sturdy stick to use for the broken ribs that were apparent along Feathernose’s chest, a few bits of moss to use as a comforting cushion to keep the bones in place so that they could heal properly, one snag of marigold in case the marigold that Spiderfoot would find wouldn’t be enough to cover all the wounds along Feathernose’s battered body, four wads of cobwebs that would be used to help staunch the blood flow, and two poppyseeds to help accumulate the pain. She wasn’t sure how she was supposed to give Feathernose the poppyseeds given how dire her condition was, but she would have to figure out a way nonetheless.

She gingerly gathered up her required essentials with a leaf-like bundle and rushed her way down the mouth of the medicine den back toward the unconscious form of Feathernose, feeling pleased that Spiderfoot was there with one golden-yellow bloom of marigold and a leaf filled with the ambery-golden substance of tree sap. Perfect, just what she needed. With a slow nod towards Spiderfoot, she settled down the herbs that she collected in a precise manner, grabbing both the bloom of marigold and tree sap from the tom-cat and she was quick to get to work. Feeling driven by her determination to make sure that Feathernose survives this ordeal, she used her paws to carefully snag ahold of the golden liquid that stuck itself onto her paws like clear glue. She was pleased that Coldamber had taught her how to use tree sap, even if it wasn’t a herb itself. In alongside for the fact Drizzlecloud had explained to her how to use it for dealing with critical sliced throats such as this one right in front of her. Without much thought, Springpaw brought the tree sap over towards the moderate gash along the unconscious molly’s throat, carefully rubbing the nature-smelling sap onto the gash to properly close the area and staunch any bleeding to occur, Her movements were gentle and precise, her brows furrowed as she kept her eyes peeled on the area as she finished her rubbing along the area. Carefully, she pressed the flab of skins together to keep it from coming apart once again.

Upon finishing the work of placing the sap along the moderate gash, she snagged one of the marigold pieces that she had with her to begin dipping it into the stream as gingerly as possible before taking it back out to pop it in her mouth to begin chewing into a proper poultice. There would still be plentiful of the poultice after she used a small amount of it on the neck wound itself to try to defy any potential infections along the area. That was her biggest priority with all of the wounds that decorated Feathernose’s body, as she was already in as bad of a condition as it was. While she chewed, she snagged onto the wads of cobwebs to begin unfolding them so she could use them as bandaging for the area and hopefully keep it from having the sap fall out. Of course, she’d need to tell Feathernose to avoid going into anything that has water, as that could make the sap lose its capability to keep the flaps of skin together and not have it fall out. As she finished chewing, she carefully pushed some of the poultice onto the other paw that didn’t have any excess sap along it, preparing to rub it along the skin where it was not directly intertwining with the sap. Brows furrowed forward intently, she moved her paw in a circular motion to start rubbing the poultice onto the gash, trying to get as much of it as possible so that it could defy away any potential infection. Satisfied with her work, she snagged the cobweb that she had unfolded to use as bandaging for the area and began to wrap the cobweb itself around Feathernose’s neck, directly covering the gash from any excess dirt or grime.

With that out of the way, she went ahead and pushed the rest of the poultice onto her paw, ignoring the fact that blood was sticking to her fur. After moons of looking at even the most gruesome of wounds, she had gotten used to having the feeling of blood sticking to her fur, Sure, it was a little bit disgusting at times, but Springpaw was used to it due to the number of times that she had tended to the wounded. Nonetheless, she ignored the sight itself and moved on rubbing the poultice onto the gashes along her underbelly, being cautious once more about making any potential irritation occur at the area whatsoever, and then moving on rubbing the rest of the poultice that remained on that paw onto the torn ear, being cautious about rubbing it whatsoever just like she had with handling the gnarly gashes along her underbelly. Thankfully, there wouldn't be required to put any cobwebs onto the ear since it wasn’t bleeding whatsoever so that wouldn't require a waste of herbs. As she finished rubbing the poultice onto the torn ear, she quickly washed her paws off of the mixture of blood and sap before turning her attention back towards the unconscious feline. Before moving on to putting anything along her chest to help with binding the broken bones, she wanted to handle the severe wounds first with the other bloom of marigold that she snatched out from her herb storage. So, without much thought, she repeated the process of dipping the marigold into the stream before popping it into her mouth and beginning to chew so that it could soften and become a proper poultice for the wounds.

As she worked on chewing up the bloom, she snagged a wad of cobwebs that she began to unfold and strip apart that she could use to bandage up each of the areas that she had placed some of the poultices over along - except the ear. The ear didn’t require any cobwebs, only the more chronic wounds that had rather excessive bleeding and were more severe required the use of bandaging. As she finished chewing up the bloom, she began to push some of it onto her paw pad so that she could start rubbing it onto the long gashes along Feathernose’s back before moving onto the gashes along the flank and hindquarters. Gingerly, she began rubbing it onto the gashes along Feathernose’s back, moving towards the gashes along her flank and hindquarters as soon as she finished rubbing the poultice onto each of those areas. As she finished, she began to put the rest of the poultice onto her paw so that she could get the rest of the areas covered with the poultice. She began to rub the poultice onto the claw marks and wounds along the shoulders, being sure to be careful about the amount she used as she needed a remainder of it for the gash along the back of Feathernose’s head. Her work hadn’t taken too long, making her move onto rubbing the rest of the poultice onto the gash along the back of her head. Unfortunately, due to there being a minimal amount of burnet within her storage, there wasn’t much that she could do to decrease the swelling. The most likely thing that she can only do is wait and see if the swelling will start to decrease as days pass.

As she finished rubbing the poultice onto the head wound, she began to wash off the poultice and blood from her paws using the stream within the middle of the medicine den. Once finished, she began to start carefully placing the stripped parts of the cobweb onto each area, being careful as she carefully planted the silver material onto each poultice-covered wound, watching as the bandaging began to turn into a light shade of scarlet. Pleased with her work, the calico moved on to her next task to handle binding the broken bones along the unconscious molly’s chest. This was going to be a relatively tough task for the medic, as she only withstood knowledge of how to handle things as complex as broken legs or tails, not ribs. Either way, it was better to try than have herself give up on the task and not even bother to give it a chance because she had no idea how to properly handle broken ribs. With a sharp exhale, she grabbed the sturdy stick that she was going to use to help keep the bones elevated for them to heal consistently, carefully breaking the sturdy stick down into three even pieces to press up against Feathernose’s chest. With the moss that she gathered, she pressed each piece of moss against each side of her chest, using them as a proper comforter for the feline. She then pressed the sticks up against the moss pieces before snagging the remaining cobwebs and wrapping the area up into a tight cast. Springpaw at least hoped that this was going to be the correct thing to do, as Feathernose needed all the help she could get. Once satisfied with her wrapping, she pulled away to briefly analyze the unconscious molly.

Right, there were at least a couple of things left that she needed to try to do. First, she needed to rearrange the twisted paw so it could start rejuvenating itself again into a normal position. Secondly, she needed to give Feathernose poppyseeds. It wouldn’t be an easy task given the fact that the molly was currently unconscious and Springpaw held no clear idea of when she may wake up. The only thing that was keeping her stable at the given moment in time was the fact that Springpaw was working on her to keep her alive and not have her die on her own at any given moment in time. It wasn’t like Springpaw was in the mood to lose a possible patient all because she couldn’t heal herself properly. With an abrupt shake of her head and driving herself to focus once again, she carefully grasped the twisted paw and began to rearrange it back to its normal position, being sure to be as careful and cautious as possible to not do anything impulsive to the sensitive area. As she finished, she focused back up towards Feathernose’s expression as she snagged both of the poppyseeds that she brought with her next to the comatose molly, carefully crushing both of the seeds and feeding them into the feline’s mouth. She would have grabbed some water so that it could be easier to digest, but she wasn’t wanting to risk any possible choking on her watch. With her brows furrowed intently, she began to rub in a circular motion along the bottom of Feathernose’s jaw in order to coax her to swallow the crushed seeds. If she managed to do so, then her work here would be completely done and all she’d need to do is just keep an eye on her while she waited for her to wake up.

[ -1 sturdy stick | -3 moss | -1 tree sap | -2 marigold | -4 cobwebs | -2 poppyseeds ]

@Watermeloon @Spider-in-the-corner

Old March 10th, 2024, 01:59 PM
chasing away dreams

Springpaw

Antsy. That was how she felt at the given moment. Extremely antsy and up on her paws. Violetfreckle’s quick observation about her description of the herbs helped elevate the pressure leaned into her shoulders a little bit, making her ease up a little bit. Her work on cleansing out the blood from Wolfpaw’s wounds didn’t take up too much work, as she had finished using the piece of moss that she had plucked out of the storage for something like this. She placed the bloodied moss aside to dispose of it later once she had finished with all three of her current patients. During Violetfreckle’s search for the herbs that she had called for her to search for, Springpaw had thankfully had her storage slowly replenished as cats came swarming back with the herbs that she had required. Or, more specifically, her patrols that she had called out to collect all the herbs that she needed. There was a good portion of herbs that she had required, in all honesty, and these patrols storming back with hoards of herbs made it succinctly easier to work on each of the injured cats that kept swarming themselves into ThunderClan like a hoard of angered bees. Pausing briefly on her work, she stood herself up to go collect a few of the cobwebs, moss, poppyseeds, and marigolds that lay plentifully right next to the entrance of the medicine den, making her way back towards the trio as she dropped distinct piles for each of the cats that she would be working with. Her first pile consisted of the herbs she would use for Wolfpaw, the second for Redhawk, and the third for Bumblestar.

It helped keep her mind at stake, especially with the current rate of her sanity. Well, since she had poppyseeds, she would be able to give Wolfpaw a couple to help aid down the pain that he was currently dealing with. Sure, she had seen worse wounds in her lifetime as a medic, but he was severe to the point that she honestly just felt bad for him. Without much thought, the calico trudged her way toward the stream and used a stray clump of moss to collect water that she’d use to drip into his mouth and cleanse out the blood. Carefully, she dipped the moss a few times into the stream before making her way towards the trio once more, gingerly using her paws to pry open Wolfpaw’s mouth in an attempt to drip the water from one side to the other to cleanse out the blood that clearly showed bleeding out from the gums vacant along his mouth. Her lips pursed into a thin line behind the dampened moss behind her jaws, putting pressure against the green plant as it oozed out the clear liquid into the apprentice’s mouth to properly cleanse it from the blood that tainted its atmosphere. She kept his mouth at a proportionate angle for a few minutes as she carefully dripped the water into his mouth, only stopping once his mouth was finally cleaned of any traces of bright scarlet. Satisfied with her work, she placed the moss back down beside herself, saving it for when she would clean out either Bumblestar or Redhawks’ wounds. With careful work, she used two of her foreclaws to gently strip two tiny pieces of cobweb that she would use to fill the missing areas where Wolfpaw’s teeth used to be.

Once more using her paws to keep his mouth open at a proportionate angle, she very carefully began to stick the two, tiny, rolled pieces of cobweb into the gum so that it could properly heal and soak in any excess blood that would occur. Until Violetfreckle came back with rosemary, her giving him the herb would need to wait as she wouldn’t be able to have him chew on it so it could help disinfect and keep away possible infection to occur at his gums. She thanked Coldamber for teaching her about how the herb worked for scenarios like these. If she hadn’t known how rosemary worked, then she would just be standing here more clueless than a deer staring at headlights. Exhaling sharply through her nostrils, the calico gently brushed over a small pair of poppyseeds towards the direction of Wolfpaw, carefully crushing them before putting them in his mouth, doing circular motions beneath his jaw to help him swallow the seeds in assistance. “To… help bring… down the… pain… I am… going to… need you… to swallow… these seeds… for me… alright?” Springpaw pulled her paw away as she finished her gentle rubbing, now focusing on the wounds that bathed the tom-cat’s body. Judging from how critical the wounds seemed to be, she would need to use at least two blooms of marigold to properly assist in each of the battered wounds that were along his body. A quiet hum expelled past her throat as she plucked out two of the golden blooms from the pile that a patrol had brought back, going towards the stream to carefully dip it into the water before lifting them back out to pop one into her mouth to begin chewing to a proper poultice.

With swift movements, she snagged a leaf right on over right beside herself as she finished her chewing, dropping the poultice onto the leaf before snagging the other bloom of marigold and popping it into her mouth to begin chewing it into a poultice. However, while she had been chewing, she scooped up a bit of the current poultice and began to slather it onto some of the apparent bite marks that were notable along his body. There was some bruising that she noted, but there wasn’t much that she could do other than hope that they could eventually fade away in the passing days. She began to use the rest of the poultice that remained on her paw to smear it along the torn tip of his ear to keep it from having any other potential damage occurring to it. There wasn’t a whole lot that she needed to do, only just finishing up her gentle rubbing as she pushed out the next set of poultice onto her paw pads so that she could rub it onto his scruff where he was missing a chunk of his skin. She was pleased that it wasn’t any sort of torn muscle, or else she would need to have some other herb required to help assist with a scenario like that. Growing pleased with her work, the calico soon observed each of the wounds that she had covered with poultice before snatching the pair of cobwebs that she was going to use to properly bandage him up, beginning to unfold one of them, while also using the one where she only used a little bit for filling in missing his tooth canals. The rosemary was what she needed to help him with his chipped teeth, so that was something that would need to be waited for.

As she finished stripping the cobweb, she began to use each part of the cobweb to bandage each of his wounds, being careful not to put too much pressure on each of the areas where he was injured the most. She’d prefer to be extra careful than not, as she was handling Bumblestar’s sole son on her paws. It wasn’t long before she had finished, carefully compressing the last of the cobwebs onto Wolfpaw’s wounds before backing up and observing her work. With a short nod, she poured her focus back towards the tom-cat as she began to speak. “When… Violetfreckle… gets back… I am… going to… have you… take some… rosemary… to keep… any sores… or infections… from forming… inside your mouth.” It was better to be safe than sorry, after all, and just as she finished speaking, her words had seemingly swarmed up a storm within her as she watched Violetfreckle come in with a hoard of herbs that she needed. Springpaw’s eyes darted down towards the herbs as relief smeared itself across her system. This would be more than enough to help assist with her current patients and any future ones to come by. Just as the calico was about the spare her thanks of gratitude, a plump vole was suddenly plopped down right in front of her peripheral vision. The calico blinked a few times to take proper note of the vole, but she didn’t make any comment towards it. She knew how much she had been overworking herself as of late, and this was just something that the molly was giving her to help her out and keep her strength up.

“Thank you… for bringing the… herbs… and the vole.” Springpaw glanced up towards Violetfreckle as she moved the vole to the side, saving it for when she was finished working on her current patients. She carefully snagged one of the stalky blooms of rosemary and placed it in front of Wolfpaw, ushering it in front of his muzzle so that he could chew on it, “Chew on… this… for me… please… it will… help you… from receiving… any potential… infections or sores… in your mouth… after you have… finished chewing… for a few… minutes… spit it… back out… onto this piece… of moss.” As she mentioned the moss clump, she snagged a free piece of moss and placed it in front of the tom-cat for him to spit it back out after he was finished chewing. With that out of the way, she turned her attention towards Redhawk and ushered the pile of herbs that she had sorted out for working on each of her current trio of patients. Alongside the small clumps of moss that Violetfreckle collected for her, she snatched one of the moss pieces to use to start cleansing off the excess blood and grime along Redhawk’s body. It wasn’t much for her to clean off, as there wasn’t much work that Springpaw would need to do to help assist with Redhawk’s injuries given that she wasn’t as badly injured. Unfortunately, it wasn’t hard for Springpaw to note the fact that the molly’s legs were sprained and bruised, but there wasn’t much that she could do about either scenario. The most that she could do for the spraining is give Redhawk poppyseeds daily to help ease the pain and to have her rest daily. With her lips pursed, she began to use the dampened piece of moss to start cleaning off Redhawk’s wounds.

The process itself didn’t take long, as Redhawk’s wounds weren’t as chronic as how Wolfpaw’s were. Gingerly, she placed the bloodied moss clump to the side as she went over to snatch one golden bloom of marigold to carefully dip it into the stream a few times before popping the golden bloom into her maw to begin chewing it into a proper poultice. As she chewed, she worked her paws to precisely unfold the wad of cobweb that she was going to use to bandage up her wounds, stopping briefly to nudge the poppyseed towards her direction for her to take to help ease the pain that was occurring from the bruises and spraining of her legs, and from her wounds in general as well. Springpaw took her work very seriously, and she wasn’t going to allow any of her patients to continue feeling consistent pain when they were injured. She wasn’t that cold or heartless to allow her patients to just suffer like that. As she finished her chewing, she began to push the poultice onto her paw-pads using her tongue and gingerly began to start rubbing the healing ointment onto the claw marks along her back first, wanting to focus on the more minor wounds before moving onto the ones that looked shallow. Her careful ministrations along the more moderate gashes along Redhawk’s back soon came to a slow, the calico eying the wounds for a moment before moving to rub the rest of it along the large bite wound along her foreleg. She may need to be a little bit more careful when she applies the bandaging to the leg, or maybe even make it into a cast to keep it from having any of the poultice coming off.

Her work didn’t last too long, as the poultice began to fully cover the bite wound itself. Before moving on to the step of covering each of her wounds with cobwebs to act like a gauze, she went over towards the stream to wash off the remnants of the poultice sticking to her paws, alongside the blood as well. Even if she was used to having the stuff stick to her fur, she didn’t want it to remain on there at any given point in time as it would become a pain to ever get off. As she finished, she moved back towards Redhawk and used her paws to carefully strip apart the cobweb, already beginning to bandage up the moderate gashes along her back before using the remainder of the cobwebs to wrap into a tight bandage for the bite wound along her foreleg. Pleased with the aftermath, Springpaw nodded that she was finished with her work on the hornet before moving on to her final patient of the trio, carefully examining the wounds that bathed her leader’s battered body before grasping the last clump of moss that Violetfreckle brought so that she could use it to cleanse out her wounds, just like she had done with the other two. Unlike Redhawk, she’d need to use at least two wads of cobwebs to properly bandage up her wounds, but at least she didn’t need to use a lot of marigold for this specific scenario, alike Redhawk’s case. Brows furrowed forward, Springpaw leaped into action as she snagged the last bloom of marigold that she had with her for this specific scenario, quickly repeating the process of dipping the bloom into the stream and popping it into her mouth to start chewing into a poultice.

Given that Springpaw noted the blood along Bumblestar’s lips before she had started to dive into action, the oriental-shaped calico had automatically assumed that she had presumably bit her tongue at some point in the battle. Unfortunately, given that there wasn’t a whole lot that Springpaw could do in this situation, the most that she could offer was for Bumblestar to lap at some water to wash out the blood before taking a poppyseed to help numb the pain. It wasn’t like she could use some cobweb to try to bandage the area as that wouldn’t do a lick of anything. After she was finished chewing up the golden bloom into a poultice and putting it onto her paw pad, she began to speak out about her noticing the problem. “I noticed… that you… seemed to… have bitten… your own… tongue… unfortunately… I cannot… do much… about that… other than… offer you… a poppyseed… to help… ease the pain… and have you… lap at some… water to wash out… the blood… but there isn’t… much of… anything else… that I… can do.” The calico felt bad for having to explain to her leader that she’d need to do specific tasks to help prevent the pain from growing worse, but it was the most that she could offer for the cream-and-brown tabby herself. As she had finished explaining, she had already begun to rub the poultice into her wounds, starting with the nastier gashes first before moving on to the more shallow ones. Judging from how severe a good portion of the gashes and cuts were, they may potentially turn into permanent scarring, but she wouldn’t say that publicly in front of her leader’s face. She was certain that she already knew that from just gaining the scars themselves.

Just as she began to finish rubbing the poultice onto Bumblestar’s wounds, she used her free paw to begin unfolding the wads of cobweb that she would use to start bandaging up the wounds along her battered body. Her paws had already begun to feel sore from being consistently used to both rub and plant bandaging along patients’ wounds, but Springpaw hadn’t bothered to give herself a break all because of some crude aching. They’d get a chance to rejuvenate themselves once she was finished with Bumblestar and had a moment to herself to sort through her herb storages to see what would be useful to use for other patients and what wouldn’t. She’d like to keep her patients healthy, so that didn’t mean risking herself to do anything ridiculous. Her gentle rubbing of the poultice along Bumblestar’s wounds soon came to a close, the calico quickly washing off the poultice and blood remains off her used paw before carefully stripping the cobwebs and starting to place bandaging along the gashes, starting with the more moderate ones first before moving onto the more shallow cuts along her body. As she gradually finished, a pleased smile wormed itself onto her lips as she backed up to examine her work, seemingly pleased with herself on the progress. “You… three… are now finished… but I… expect… you three… to rest… before thinking… of doing anything… that could… worsen your… injuries… especially you… Wolfpaw… I am going… to need… you to… come back… to the den… daily… so I… can see… how those gums… are healing… and redress them.” She was just doing her job as a medicine cat, wanting to make sure that they each got the rest that they needed before going to do anything that they’d regret and potentially tear open their closing wounds again. Now, she wanted to eat that vole and give her mind the deserved break that it needed.

for wolf: [ -1 moss | -1 rosemary | -2 marigold | -2 cobwebs | -2 poppyseeds ]
for red: [ -1 moss | -1 marigold | -1 cobweb | -1 poppyseed ]
for bumble: [ -1 moss | -1 marigold | -2 cobwebs | -1 poppyseed ]
all together: [ -3 moss | -4 marigold | -1 rosemary | -5 cobwebs | -4 poppyseeds ]

@dino. @BEAR. @tally @vellichor [ this is ungodly long and took me a while to get finished so please lemme know if I did anything wrong ]

Last edited by iliri; March 10th, 2024 at 02:11 PM.
Old March 10th, 2024, 04:20 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Oh- there she was. Bumblestar perked up again as Violetfreckle reappeared, only to scrunch her nose and look away at the lack of acknowledgement. Herb restocks were more important, she understood that, but still. She was right here.

Vying for someone else's attention felt weird, and she stamped it out as she watched Springpaw move about to fix up the group. Once the medicine cat apprentice had moved over to her, she shrugged in response. A bit tongue would heal on its own.

A thought hit her, and she leaned over to peer at Springpaw, claws flexing in and out. "Hey. Who attacked you 'n Drizzlecloud?" The distaste showed itself as a rough undertone to her words. "Need a name, or a description, somethin' to go off of, anything. I'm not lettin' 'em get away with that."

[ @vellichor @vei ]

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old March 10th, 2024, 04:32 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Redhawk - ThunderClan Hornet

An ear flicking up at Bumblestar's order to not pass out was all that Redhawk gave, along with an acknowledging grunt. Her energy had left her by this point but she made a point to keep her eyes open and flickering around. Definitely no passing out here.

The wet moss felt wonderful against her fur as Springpaw worked on cleaning her fur. A low purr rumbled in her belly and she looked up gratefully at the medicine cat apprentice.
"T-Thank you," she murmured as she lapped up the poppy seed offered to her. The wounds on her back didn't hurt as much anymore as they were bandaged up.

Soon enough the effects of the seed would start to spread through her and she would be ready for a nap. Her eyes didn't miss the perk of her leader's ears - followed quickly by the disappointed scrunch - when Violetfreckle entered the den. She let out a little 'mrrp' of amusement before looking at Wolfpaw. "How're you d-doing?" she asked a bit sleepily.

[ @dino. @BEAR. @vei ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; March 10th, 2024 at 04:32 PM.
Old March 10th, 2024, 05:24 PM
chasing away dreams

Springpaw

The question didn’t throw the calico into a curveball, but it almost made her stiffen just from the sheer memory of the core incidents themselves. Her injuries weren’t as minor as Drizzlecloud’s, but that still meant that she needed to explain what had happened. It was the literal reason why she was even stuck in the current position that she was in right now. Springpaw had to mentally project herself back towards the clear appearances of what both of their perpetrators looked like, her eyes narrowed down as she pinpointed their appearances. “I know… that the cat… who attacked… Drizzlecloud… was brown and white… couldn’t get… a good look… at them... but I am… pretty sure… they had dapples… my attacker… however… looked fluffy… and brown… and she had… green eyes… didn’t catch… either… of their… names… but I hope… Birdsnow… handles… them both… accordingly… what they’ve done… pissed me… off.” It wasn’t often that the medic swore or showed signs of irritation, but those felines attacked both her and her mentor that day, and they deserved a taste of their own medicine. Springpaw didn’t like being the angry type, but if she got her button poked far too many times, then she’d have no choice but to switch to being more confrontational. “I hope… this information… helps you… out… it’s not much… but it’s something.”

@dino.

Last edited by iliri; March 10th, 2024 at 05:27 PM.
Closed Thread