Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
thread closing
by Myling
Last post by Myling
Today 10:06 AM
Good as New - [SHC event]
by Myling
Last post by Myling
Today 10:05 AM
A kits finder
Last post by babushkiie
Today 10:01 AM
Ω Birds Swooping Away Ω -...
by Myling
Last post by Myling
Today 09:52 AM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by sillycreatur
Today 09:21 AM
Closed Thread

Old February 27th, 2024, 05:36 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: RiverClan Raid Healing

Quote:
Originally Posted by finley.exe View Post
ᗢ cobwebpaw ᗢ
purrks ; the collector , herbal knowledge tier 2
she/they . rc . 14 moons . one lame leg . tags ; @tallulah , @Micanomancy

[ 113 / 200 ]

trigger
warnings for this post: fun sized panic attack
thank starclan it was finally done. thank starclan it was finally, finally done. grief overwhelmed cobwebpaw and she collapsed to the ground with a sob, taking a break from treating dusklion. ' it's over. it's finally over. thank starclan it's over. ' body wracked with tears, cobwebpaw simply shook for a minute, breathy whimpers the only sound heard in the awful quiet of the den.

' crap, i'm sorry.. i- ' she murmured, squeezing her eyes shut then opening them again, determined to be strong. eaglekit and dusklion needed it. wiping her face, cobweb stood up, hissing with pain when she put weight on her leg. ' dusk, you're by far one of the most injured cats here. i'm going to treat you with everything i can. you're not goddamn dying on me today. ' her last words were filled with rage, rage for the cats that had did this, rage for the cats she couldn't save, rage for the pain her clan was going through.

' you didn't deserve this. ' cobweb whispered as fallenwish came into the den. ' thank starclan. eaglekit can sort out a poppy and a cobweb into the storage, i'll take the other one. ' with a grateful smile, she used her paw to extract a few of the seeds and hold them up to dusk's mouth. ' chew and swallow. they'll dull the pain. you won't need t' chew for too long, just get them into your stomach. ' perhaps yammering on wasn't helping. she'd shut up now.

' stop moving. ' cobweb spoke, voice loud in the quiet den. it was too quiet. suddenly the quiet started to hurt. there was too much quiet. stars, why was it all quiet? if only to break the silence, she continued talking. ' moving's gonna make you hurt worse, and with your current state, i don't we can honestly afford to have you in more pain. poppy seeds can only do so much. anyways. it looks like you're sprained, which i can only do so much for, but we're going to splint it up so it doesn't move more. got it? '

' but we'll do that later. for now, stopping the bleeding is priority. ' taking a couple swathes of moss, cobwebpaw pressed them into the deepest cuts on dusklion's shoulder, wincing with the pain she knew the larger cat was feeling. ' sorry sorry sorry. ' with a paw, she pushed a stick over to dusk's mouth. ' bite down on this if it hurts. eaglekit, stay next to dusk while i treat her, ok? keep makin' her feel better. ' cobweb said with a soft smile, looking back down at where she was working.

[ ignore the references to certain.. current events in here. projecting onto cobweb is helping me process things /lh /gen ]
Eaglekit
RiverClan
she/her | 5 moons
[Golden and white tuxedo tabby with green eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
[Dusklion - @tally ]

· · ────────────── · ·
Eaglekit nodded, leaving the moss to Cobwebpaw's, er, paws, and came around to grin at Dusklion, albeit a little shakily. "I bet the other guy looks worse." She tried for humor, but admittedly she just kept looking out the den entrance, wondering if Rushwater would come through it. She turned back to Dusklion, kneading her paws on the ground. "How many cats you send cryin' out a camp?"

Shellwhisker came in, calling for Cobwebpaw, and Eaglekit glanced at the apprentice. "Cobwebpaw, if ya need help, I can..." She didn't want to get in the way, though.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old February 27th, 2024, 05:52 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

(brace yourself, this is gonna be a long one.)

->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 12moons, the collector, herb2] <<-
a dark blueish grey bengal-patterned she cat with silver eyes

tags: @Beanz (brief beanfloat mention) @SpiritWolf_yt (firetail healing, first half of the post) @starry (co-op on jayfrost, 2nd half of the post)

cw: description of broken bones, blood, injury, potentially wrong medical practice, description of weight/underweight body for the 2nd part, mild description of death&traumatising past in 2nd part

giving up on grooming herself she circled back to beanfloat to check if he needed any more treatment and see him out. the blur of cats moving in and out and around the den was making her head spin, or maybe it was the still unexplained lack of vision in her left eye, stars she hoped it wouldnt stay like this. she took the compliment silently, just nodding to confirm she had heard what he said, hopefully he'd actually try to rest and keep the wound clean...she'd have to go see for herself when there wasnt half of riverclan rushing to get treated. "take care!" was the only thing she was able to respond before her ears perked at the sound of her name. firetail, a cat she had hoped wouldn't leave the medicine den, limped towards her. "yes! can you make it to here?" she gestured to where beanfloat had sat just seconds ago, a spot not far from the den entrance but far enough along the wall so no cat would fall over him.
the weirdly mushy, dangling state of his leg was concerning her..she had not seen broken legs often but from what she had picked up over the moons it should look not unlike this, how to treat it though- she swallowed, throat dry and suddenly hyper-aware of the sticky half-dry blood stuck in her fur, snap out of it, its fine, its- theyre gonna be fine, she knows yellowbells and marigold are used for broken bones.. "this is going to hurt but its necesarry" minkpaw explained the tom before moving closer to him. taking hold of the hurt leg she gently put her free front paw onto it to feel for the bones. as suspected from the rather off looking outside she was able to feel the break, the two halfs of the top bone (radius) not far apart and the skin and muscle around tense and swollen "im gonna go see what we have, try to clean your other wounds and dont move your leg" she assured the tom before turning to speed walk to the herb storage and continue panicking there. yellowbells and marigold are useless if you dont know how to use them and she never got any instructions asides from "chewed into a poultice" did that mean it goes onto the leg? how would that even work. if it was just a broken bone and no wound how would the poultice get to the bone... so. marigold and yellowbells were off the table, she'd need moss and cobwebs for the wounds; a poppy seed for the pain; whatever she could find to avoid infection; and a stick and more cobwebs to secure it to the leg.. hopefully keeping the leg straight so the bone parts would fit together would help it heal well. she let out a shaky sigh and sent a silent prayer to starclan to light her path and watch over firetail, guessing what to do was making her feel all kinds of ways, and not one of them good. theyd have to make sure firetail would survive and do their best to help the bone now, so someone else could correct it as soon as no one was rushing around anymore and every cat was out of life threatening danger, she assured herself mentally, thinking back to blazingstars words briefly before gathering up the herbs. two sticks, cobwebs, one poppy seed, chervil, moss. that was it-
she turned to hurry back to firetail, avoiding stepping on any tails or stray paws on the way, her shoulders were burning but firetail needed treatment more than the measly little scratches that littered her shoulders.
"chew well and swallow, its for the pain." she instructed after placing the herbs on the ground and holding the poppy seed out for him to take, "i was hoping you would stay behind to recover a bit, but it looks like you'll stay in the medicine den a bit longer that you wouldve before, now" she continued while shifting the herbs around infront of her paws. minkpaw thought about it for a moment, trying to determine whether it would be better to treat the scratches or his broken leg first..the leg wasnt running away, literally, but perhaps it would be better to try to sort out the bone before tending to his other wounds so he would be less worn down from the treatment...but threating the wounds first would probably take some of the discomfort away for him..she hummed absentmindedly before picking up one of the sticks.
"this is going to hurt, so you can bite on this" she advised the tom, nudging the thicker stick towards him and gave him a moment to react before shifting closer to his leg again, second stick close by so she could grab it when needed,"im sorry" she whispered, paws taking hold of his leg again, the thin foreleg was swollen visibly now and she briefly wondered if there was something she could do to help with the pain and swelling apart from poppy seeds, before returning to the task at hand. the bone seemed to not have shifted anymore which she assumed was good,..or less bad? it didnt get worse, that was the important part, letting out another wavering breath she steadied herself, you can do this minkpaw. heart pounding loudly in her ears she did her best to keep her mind clear of any doubts, instead focussing on pushing the bone pieces to align again. already expecting the tom to try to wind out of her grasp out of instinct she paused for a moment, repositioning briefly to steady his leg best they could. "youre doing very well, its almost over i promise" they reassured him- themselves- both of them probably, before refocussing on the leg. once again gently pressing down on the warriors foreleg to try and locate the two halfs of the broken bone. they were a bit closer together now, probably. hopefully this wasnt wrong, what if she had guessed completely wrong and just made it worse- what if- one of the other cats in the den huffing loudly pulled her out of her thoughts, ghosting her paw along the foreleg once more before taking a deep breath and pushing the bone parts together further. a quiet, ugly crunching sound made them shiver, and together with the gentle trembling between her paws she assumed it was the two ends of the warriors bone scraping together. at least animal bones made that kind of noises when rubbing them together, only way louder, without all the skin and flesh and fur to muffle the sound. that was a great idea actually..she should gather some bones and look at them when she had the time...she waited for the toms reaction before reaching for the stick and cobwebs, "dont move". the stick, a steady but not overly thick and bulky one at that, fit more or less well next to the toms leg. minkpaw grabbed some of the cobwebs still secured to another stick and began wrapping it around the stick and firetails leg, taking her time to do it properly to make sure it wouldnt come apart at the smallest movement. finally done with it she stepped away to look at the construction in silence for a moment, too stunned and mentally exhausted to immediately move on.
"you did very well and we're almost done" she mewed, breaking the tense silence between them again. only the gashes, which were much less of a worry, left, they picked up the chervil leaf and began chewing it. she would have considered the burdock root she knew was still in the storage but that was probably too strong for cuts like these so they had decided to keep it in case they needed to properly numb any large wounds. gently tapping the chewed up chervil on the now hopefully clean cuts, she hummed in thought and turned to reach for the rest of the cobwebs. wounds dressed and leg hopefully secured properly to the stick she took another look at him. he looked..better. probably. the leg was still worrying her.. she'd seriously have to have a think about something to help the swelling..
"youre good to go look for an empty nest, that will take a while until its healed and i want you to keep pressure off your leg as best you can..i do not want to see you running around or trying to hunt or whatever. no patrols. if birdsnow or whoever has a problem with that you can send them to me." she instructed firmly. the thought of birdsnow or fadingsun or practically any warrior coming to yell at her for saying that made her feel antsy and worried but she couldnt possible let a cat with a broken leg risk any further injury! looking for any discarded herbs bits around she noticed the moss, huh they hadnt thought of using the moss on the wounds as the cleaning had mostly helped with the bleeding.

(this is more or less medically accurate as far as i am concerned, do not attempt to set a bone yourself, especially if its a more severe breakage with a lot of pieces it is deadly to not have a medical professional take the necesarry steps.)
(-3cobweb, -1chervil, -1stick)

barely able to catch her breath from the emotional turmoil treating firetail was, she halfway fell over her own tail, turning as quickly as possible at the distress in mistypaws voice. she knew the warrior had been through a lot so, even just judging by the scars, and for her to sound this panicked? distressed? affected? all of the above and simultaneously none of them, made her heartbeat pick up again. the limp bloodied warrior by her paws made her pause to pray for starclans help again, please help riverclan i- we need you-, she helped mistypaw drag him a bit further into the den, out of the way and more or less out of sight. this was bad, he was unconscious and horribly bloody, possibly broken foreleg, scratched up, possible eye injury?, large rip? wound on his right shoulder, some smaller scratches on his stomach, unconscious.. unconscious..head injury?
"we need him awake, uhm.. try to tap him periodically or something if you can, maybe a strong smelling herb? im going to see to his leg, can you go see if we have that uh green leafy thing with the kind of fanned leaves (horsetail)? chew that up and put it on the wounds, shoulder wound will need you to soak up some of the blood with moss first. try to get the wounds clean if you can. prioritise the shoulder one, looks fresh, deep and pretty dirty." she rambled off, leaving herself the face wounds and the broken foreleg to herself, hopefully misty knew what she had to do. "clean shoulder, moss for the shoulder while you clean the other wounds, chew up the stuff, stuff on the wounds, cobwebs, alright? im going to see to his leg and eye" they clarified again before turning to hurry off. stick, cobwebs,...cobwebs..they stepped from paw to paw, unsure about the eye thing.. chervil? darn. they turned to hurry back, herbs carefully held between their teeth. "mistypaw, what did they do to help with your eye?" she enquiered, feeling kind of bad for giving them so many different instructions and questions. maybe a wet mossball to rinse it out? chervil? chervil was good for infections and wound treatment so it might help with a eye wound? not as harsh as burdock root and the mystery plant, but still protecting wounds from infection? but what if it was bad- what if that would take his vision- what if trying to treat it would ruin his chance of maintaining vision in his eye- tail twitching in thought she scooted closer to the unconscious warrior, picking up his right front leg to feel for the bone again while waiting for mistypaws response. his leg was more visibly..wrong. than firetails had been but he was luckily unconscious so this wouldnt be too much trouble..it was probably not good that he was unconscious..she held the foreleg between her paws, he couldnt pull his leg back but that also meant he kept absolutely zero tension in his leg which left her little options to feel for the bone with her front paws. experimentally extending their tail to let it ghost over the swollen flesh, they found it was easier to detect small bumps and differences this way, tail far more soft and sensitive than he pads of her paws. as expected, the bone had snapped in half, more severely so than firetails had, the skin was broken in some places, soaking her once white paws with more blood. they sucked in a shaky breath and exhaled slowly while gently moving the bone pieces towards each other. pausing to breathe normally and run her tail over the foreleg again she glances at the warriors ribcage raising and falling, at least he was breathing properly. the state his body was in doubled her worried though, the short once silver tabbied, now blood drenched and spotty, fur did nothing to hide how skinny he was. she knew some cats looked thinner than others, especially with less fur, her mother had been the shining example of that, purebred and all, but he looked sick. the worry made her feel all queasy and nervous, would he even be able to heal all these wounds? she had seen a cat only a few moons older succumb to far less that this, far too many moons ago. she had sworn to never watch another cats life fade from their eyes and do nothing about it. thoughts pushed to the back of her head she focussed on the bone pieces again, they were closer together now and without the tom reacting at all she was able to take another steadying breath and gently nudge them closer together. she could only imagine what firetail had had to go through earlier, no cat deserved to have to watch their own bone be pushed around beneath their skin and go through probably agonising pain. a tiny bit more and she felt the slight scrape of bone on bone. minkpaw reached for the stick she had prepared and positioned it along the tabbys leg. she unwrapped the cobwebs off the stick and got to securing the stick to jayfrosts leg. he would have to be watched more carefully than the others cats, as his state was rather worrying, broken leg, eye injury, unconscious, large injury and underweight.

(-1stick, -1cobwebs i think)
(finally!!! jays leg is tended to now, so mink will get to jays eye after mistys answer :3 hope youre okay w how much mink is commanding misty around hdkgkdf)
(only halfway proofread cuz im tired, hope its alr)

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements

Last edited by alec; February 28th, 2024 at 03:40 AM.
Old February 27th, 2024, 05:53 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Character name: Cherryswirl
Description of injury/ailment: Mild cuts across facial region - huge bite-mark/gash on her shoulder which is currently bleeding heavily.
Desired Outcome: Live! Cool scars & some camp recovery
Mention: @al3cc766

[ Cherryswirl is pulling an unconscious Fishfreckle to get healed @Dark ]

Wincing in pain with every step, the lionheart was intent on making sure Fishfreckle was getting treated above all else. Her injuries, no matter how intense the pain... could wait... right? Finally, as she arrived Cherryswirl nearly collapsed with exhaustion and pain,

"Help..." She managed to squeak out as Fishfreckle's scruff released from her maw and she stumbled to the ground, breathing heavy in pain. Eyes squeezed shut, Cherry seemed to be waiting for any cat with healing knowledge to attend to her or fish.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; February 27th, 2024 at 06:16 PM.
Old February 27th, 2024, 10:45 PM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

[B]
╔═════════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═════════╗
Firetail
|He/him Tom |
| Herbal Knowledge [T1] herbs: Burdock root, Borage leaves, Yarrow
Purk count: 12/50 public post|
| warnings: none|
Mention: @al3cc766_
So much words :/
╚═════════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═════════╝

Firetail perked as Minkpaw responded with mink paws venture to the nest bean float want in the Tom shakily limped to the nest and laid the, the pressure was finally off, but the worse part was still yet to come. The silence between the 2 was rather disturbing but it soon ended when Minkpaw spoke about his leg gonna hurt during the repositions and fixing process, which the fiery Tom was very displeased to hear. Minkpaw had smoked closer to him which made him slightly uncomfortable but he tolerated it, after the apprentice took hold of his leg and began feeling for the broken area, once the apprentice found it the toms fur bristled and his tail began flicking a bit aggressively as he could feel the sharp pain in his leg. After the whole examining thing Minkpaw mentioned about don’t move the leg and just lick the wounds, something he could do to keep his mind off the nasty broken area, Mudhound seem to give him a good whopping injury despite how dumb he was to not stay in the den.

Firetail began licking his gashes, if stinger and it hurts but surely his leg was the worst injury he had ever encountered in his life, and Mudhound seemed to show him that there are injuries beyond he ever imagined. While he was licking his wounds, Minkpaw had returned with herbs, and the first thing she said was to eat the poppy seed. *chew the poppy seed and eat it and it will help the pain Be gone pain!* he tired in his mind with humor as he took the poppy seed and chewed it well and ate it, of course the poppy seed did it’s thing and he didn’t feel pain. Of course Minkpaw brought up the conversation of staying in the den kind of thing, but what was he suppose to do really sit in the nest and be lazy while his clan mates were fighting with the thunder clans with there life? Heck no! He vowed to himself to protect the clan and that is what he was gonna do”ya but I’d rather fight and protect the clan than to sit around doing nothing, I’d rather make my warrior duty meaningful, warriors fight and protect the clan, and that’s what I’ll do even if I have to stay in the den longer then I would normally have”” he replied as Minkpaw moved the herbs around in front of him, as far as his stubbornness went he was loyal to join the fight whether he was hurt or not.

The long tail scarred tom looked at the thick stick before grabbing it with his mouth, he took a few chew on the thick stick for fun before feeling a sudden surge of pain, His looked at Minkpaws doing only to see the apprentice was taking hold of his nasty leg again, of course Minkpaw whispered to him the words sorry when they took hold of his paw. The tense air could be felt between the two as Minkpaw kept her courage and began moving his broken bones to align, his sharp teeth sunk into the stick he was holding as the bones moved, and he could feel it, his broken leg started to try and move away from Minkpaw as it was his instinct kicking in, but Minkpaw had assumed correctly of what his leg was gonna do and she paused and repositioned his leg. His claws unsheathed as Minkpaw reassured him that they were almost over, the worst of the worst he’s ever been through, what a nightmare he is going through.

* starclan help me!” he pleaded silently in his head as Minkpaw once again moved his broken bones together, by now the Tom was almost at full strength to break the thick stick Minkpaw had gave him. Despite his plead for starclan to help him meh there wasn’t much they could help him with, with the small silent crunching sound of his bones scraping each-other the Tom thought that wasn’t good. Firetail lashed his tail aggressively before hearing Minkpaw to tell him not to move the leg, that was easy, he was to scared to move the leg whatsoever, finally the worst was over and Minkpaw was getting to putting a cast on his leg, after Minkpaw finally put on the cast and addressed his gashes, the Tom set the thick stick that almost broke in half by his jaw power down on the ground and sighed in relief that it was over, now he was sweating because of the tense situation he was in during the repositioning the bone thing. Firetail listened to Minkpaws instruction closely before nodding, his claws sheathing as he relaxed himself for a moment”Thank you Minkpaw I’ll try and stay of my leg” he trilled in his throat before standing up slightly wobbly, his paws spreading as he balanced himself on the ground. He heaved another sigh out before smiling at Minkpaw”I’ll be sure to send anyone who has a problem with this to you” he added before limping off to a empty nest that wasn’t being use at all.

( That was a lot of typing :/ anyway if I made a mistake somewhere please let me know I’m trying to get better with long posts)

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old February 27th, 2024, 11:43 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Character name: Fadingsun
Description of injury/ailment: Scratches on muzzle
Desired Outcome: Just treat them! They'll fully heal.
Mention: ( @starry )

It took Fadingsun a while to get around to getting himself looked at, but that was solely because he didn't feel his wounds were severe enough to warrant immediate attention. He moved around in a haze, not really sure what to make of everything that had just happened. He was angry, he knew that, but how angry and what he'd do about it, he had yet to determine.

Fadingsun was still operating very much on autopilot, his claws unsheathed in case ThunderClan decided to make a return. Eventually, as the cats in the clearing began to disperse, he finally called out for healing. "Hey, if anyone is available I need some light scratches looked at. No rush."
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old February 28th, 2024, 02:59 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

~ Mistypaw ~
She/her // RiverClan // 36 moons

Mistypaw nodded, starting to tap Jayfrost ocassionaly. She was careful to only put little pressure on his wounds, she didn't want to hurt him any more than he'd already been. This showed what monsters ThunderClan were. She was glad to have killed two of them, they really deserved to be taught a lesson. It was her first two kills, ever. Sure it felt a little weird, but in the end she was happy she'd done it and would gladly do it again. The Thunderrats had invaded their camp, not the other way around, and they had done so much to RiverClan. She needed to show them that would not just simply be tolerated. It's not like they had not killed any of her clanmates, either. Anyways - a strong smelling herb? She wasn't too sure about that, so she would probably do the horsetail part. "I think you mean horsetail," she mewed with a tilt of her head. Right, so some moss as well.. She could do that. As long as Minkpaw had some kind of idea of what to do with the leg..

Hastily, she bounded into the herb storage and grabbed some moss, horsetail, and cobwebs. Then she returned to Minkpaw, carefully listening to instructions. "Yeah, it's good, I know how to handle this," she replied. Just basic wounds weren't much of a challenge anymore after she'd treated Applebees, Emberfrost and Bayblood. Jayfrost's state was really distressing her, but with Mink who had much more knowledge, she was sure they'd get him healed. She began chewing half of the horsetail into a poultice, then spread it across Jayfrost's more minor wounds. While doing that she placed some moss on his shoulder, ensuring that to soak up the blood so that she could treat the other wounds in peace. After applying some of the horsetail to his more minor wounds she turned to the big one.

There was lots of torn out flesh, but that didn't freak her out. Her own teeth had done that to a cat before.. Mistypaw heaved a little sigh and tried pushing the flash back a little, then slowly applied some horsetail. Her paw was stained with Jay's blood even more than it had been before. Oh... how had her eye been treated? She shrugged a little, not remembering. "I'm not too sure... it was like, more than 24 moons ago... before I died and stuff... I think we will have to wing this." She finished wrapping the shoulder with cobwebs, then turned her full attention to Minkpaw. Jayfrost's eye was really not in a good state; she assumed he'd be blind in that eye like she was in hers. "The shoulder should be done, for now. Maybe some moss to soak up the blood in his face? ...And I'm not too sure on other herbs, I only really know horsetail and poppy seeds."

Mistypaw continued trying to wake him up, forcing herself not to panick. "Jayfrost, please... just wake up, goddamn!"

[ @al3cc766 ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old February 28th, 2024, 04:54 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 12moons, the collector, herb2] <<-
a dark blueish grey bengal-patterned she cat with silver eyes

tags: @starry (mistypaw)
cw: questionable medical practice, description of blood and injury

oh this was bad. more than 24 moons ago, well, that was twice her age and she barely remembered her father so no wonder mistypaw had no recollection of what happened after she lost her eye. "its okay uhm, i'll think of something. just keep doing what you are and if youre done with his wounds you could go soak some moss if you can?" jayfrosts eye didnt look like it had been torn out which was...good? bad? at this point she couldnt do any more than accept the circumstances and try to work around them. shoulder treated, mistypaw had done a good job, and leg hopefully set for recovery, left only his eye as immediately concerning.. think minkpaw, think. there should still be wet moss in the den, warmed up and probably only moist at this point but she'd take what she could so she gave his eye one last look before hurrying off to fetch the moss and see if she could think something up for the eye. get it clean..what if she treated it like a wound not unlike any other? protect it from infection and hope for the best? 'hope for the best' would have to do. she picked up the last piece of chervil in the storage and some cobwebs and began looking for the wet moss she had brought in the day prior. it wasnt where she remembered leaving it but it was there, warmed up and it had lost some water but she'd have to make due with it until mistypaw returned with the fresh moss. the eye was a rather awkward area to treat, the moss fit well enough but since it wasnt just an open wound but also an eye she couldnt apply the chervil directly. watching some water trickle down the tabbies face she tried to think of another way for it. they needed the juice but she could hardly just magically extract it all directly over his eye, and maybe that would be bad anyway. they hummed in thought, the rumbling in her own throat something less gruesome to focus on, while watching the water in the moss soak into the toms more or less dry fur. perhaps he had been lucky it started raining, so no dry sand and dirt had a chance to get into his eye. he seemed to have profited by the rain, but stars, starclan seemed rather displeased and it was worrying her, they had barely seen it themselves when the lightning struck the floodstone but the tense air around them, filled with yowls of pain and the sharp scent of blood and starclans anger wouldnt be forgotten any time soon. stars, she hoped the kits had been safe. the blurr of cats moving around the den and many voices blending into one mass of low static infront of her eyes she almost didnt notice jayfrosts movement. bless the stars, he was moving. dapping the moss over his eye a bit more, now a whole lot more bloody than before, she watched the toms ear twitch periodically. minkpaw removed the moss to inspect the wounds again, the scratches on both sides of his face were pretty deep but the left side of his face was only a mild cause of concern at the moment. he had been lucky, a bit further and whoever attacked him wouldve struck his eye on the left too, the scratches long uneven lines running along the curve of his skull from ear to eye. there were more minor ones along the left side of his face too, even less of a worry at the moment. the right ones though, passing over his eye and considerably more bloody than the other ones left little room to imagine how well he had been able to see until passing out. the wounds surrounding his eye was a bit cleaner now and she had probably spent enough time staring at nothing while trying to come up with a plan for mistypaw to be back with the moss. if she was, they'd pick up the freshly soaked moss place it over his eye while beginning to chew the chervil. theyd watch some of the chervil drop onto the moss and..that was it-? they could put the chervil paste stuff on the moss and pray it would get to his eye and not do worse..? theyd gently place the chewed up chervil on the moss, the moss would hopefully soak up the juices, and would reach for the cobwebs to secure the moss to his skull. it was okay- probably. but it wouldnt look very professional or like it would stay there for very long, but they'd have to do with it for now. they'd tell misty to watch after jayfrost and tell her if he got worse.

(hope this is okay :0 + ignore any mistake my brain in mush)
(-1chervil, -1cobwebs)

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements

Last edited by alec; February 28th, 2024 at 04:56 AM.
Old February 28th, 2024, 02:51 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

~ Mistypaw ~
She/her // RiverClan // 36 moons

The molly nodded. She was done with tending to Jayfrost's wounds so it was time for the moss. She rushed into the herb storage and grabbed a piece of moss, then made her way over to the river to quickly soak it. Once it had picked up on the water she raced back to Minkpaw, dropping the moss in front of her denmate's paws. Mink appeared to be doing pretty well on Jayfrost's injury, so she turned her full attention to him. Wait, he was... stirring! Yay! A small grin appeared on her face. Even if the joy would be short-lived she was extremely happy the warrior was awake. And surely he'd be healed soon! They were matching now, she supposed - they both were only able to see out of one eye. Oh, and it had happened to both of them because of those damn Thunderrats. She carefully tapped Jayfrost with a paw.

"Jay, you're awake.. and everything's gonna be fine.. I promise! Your wounds will heal and we'll be back to the old." She forced a small smile onto her maw. As much as she wanted to cry, she knew she needed to stay positive for her clanmates sake. "Thank you so much, Minkpaw. I don't know where he'd be without you."

[-1 moss]
[ @al3cc766 ashekes i hope i understood correctly that jayfrost is awake? ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; February 28th, 2024 at 02:51 PM.
Old February 28th, 2024, 07:16 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

Healing Form:
Character name: Mumblepaw
Description of injury/ailment: Ripped out right eye, eye was already blind, just needs bandage and marigold for infection fighting
Desired Outcome: Live
Mention: @poppy [Nothing to advanced here, Bird’s knowledge works fine, Bird and Mumble sibling time possibly :D ]

MUMBLEPAW
HE/THEY/FANG

Physically 16 Moons [ Mentally: 18 ]

It hurt so much, remaining eye forcing itself open as he slowly stands. Blood dripping from their face and lungs gasping for the blood soaked air. Dusklion, where had she ended up. Apologies could come later, bleeding out was the current threat. Where had Larkstar gone? Was she still lurking around or had she fled? That didn’t- That didn’t matter right now. The calico huffs as he exhaled loudly. Trying to gain some sort of control over their breathing.

The pain in their face burned, it burned so badly, it also made fang pass out again. He roughly moved his legs, sending a shooting pain through their right side. Halting at the sudden jolt, white paws now soaked in crimson liquid as they stared down at them. A shudder runs down his spine as they manage it make it over to Birdsnow. The unknown sister of them, related via Gingerstar. It wasn’t something he knew but maybe something would come from this interaction.

He roughly makes it over, stopping upon seeing the leader. “Eye. Gone.” Obvious. Yeah. He didn’t have much to say. Controlling their breathing was more important that speech at the current moment. Had that wish really been worth it…? We’re the tunnels even usable after the flood and countless moons of neglect?

I would've died for your sins
Instead, I just died inside
And you deserve prison, but you won't get time

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen

Last edited by stag; February 28th, 2024 at 07:16 PM.
Old February 29th, 2024, 03:42 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Sweetsong
34 Moons
She/Her
Purrks
Herbal Knowledge T1; Flock Together T1; Dreamwalker
--------------------------------------

[Sweet comes bearing +5 cobweb, +2 Moss, +2 Poppy Flower and +2 Marigold from Mistypaw's Emergency Herb Patrol!]

She huffed and puffed as she finally returned to camp. She had taken a while out of sheer mindfulness of the cobwebs that clung to her ginger pelt. She was covered from ears to tail in cobweb, and she picked her way over to Birdsnow, a paw coming up to pull some of the cobweb off to set near her leader. "If you need more, let me know." She murmured.

She would do the same for Minkpaw as well, a pawful of cobweb was set next to the apprentice, offering an encouraging smile. She brought the flowers and moss to the side and set them down, working on freeing the tiny black seeds from the poppy flowers. She didn't wish to get in the way, but she wanted to help in some way. So for now she would work on preparing the herbs as best she could, still laden with cobweb, though less of it now. She decided once the poppies were done being de-seeded, she would start gathering the rest of the cobweb from her pelt, rubbing her paws over the ginger stripes and each pawful was set aside to be used. After giving Minkpaw and Birdsnow a share, she only had three pawfuls left.

@al3cc766 @starry @poppy

//Super sorry for the late post!!
Closed Thread