Today 01:28 PM
Closed Thread

Old April 29th, 2021, 10:13 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainquail View Post
Palepaw stares at Blizzardsky and his worm, concerned for his mental wellbeing if he really thought a worm was going to feed anything more than a mouse, or that he thought anything other than a bird would eat a worm in their right mind.
She stared at him and the worm, thinking about her next words. He's was on a thin precipice as it was and he was far more delicate than she originally thought he'd been.
"Um, that's nice, Blizzardsky. Maybe you can stay here while I catch something else before we go home? You can claim one of my catches."
But only one. Her pride wouldn't allow her less than that.
She could.... catch at least one more piece of prey.

@Zesty Mango
Blizzardsky gave a sad smile,” No, you don’t have to, I’ll own up to not catching any prey, we have no leader, so they can’t demote me for this.” he meowed hanging his head still holding the worms.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old April 29th, 2021, 10:33 PM
Student Psychologist

My Mood: Amused

A bit concerned as a growl escaped him, backing off. She would lightly nudge at people's boundaries, but as soon as they got stressed from it, she backed off. There was a difference between gently bringing someone out of their comfort zone, and pushing them too far to the point that the experience becomes traumatic rather than a learning experience. As much as she wanted to shatter that wall that Kestrelwing had put up around himself, it ultimately wasn't her call to make. He would have to be willing to tear it down, all she could do was help.

"Oh, stars sake! Yes there are threats! But there are so many others in the clan who can worry about that while you take a few minutes to relax! Not to say that you are doing a bad job. I am so, so proud of how you have stepped forward to help when the clan was in need. You have to take care of yourself, though. What good will you be to the clan if you just wear yourself out? if you push yourself so hard that you go crazy?"

She also seemed to be a bit nervous when she had mentioned visiting Snakeheart. In actuality, he had hit her. Granted, she asked him for it. Literally screamed at him until he did, half the clan probably heard. That was unfortunately her own issue. Most of the time, her sadistic side actually had its hate turned inward, turning into masochism. Sure, it helped her be a good tank. Though what sane cat actually enjoyed getting beat up? She didn't want to tell Kes about it because then he would likely fuss over her. Though just thinking about it around him made her visibly uneasy.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts. "What, the snowball event we hosted TWO moons ago? You are about to tell me you havnt had a chance to sit down for some fun in two whole moons? Though yes, it was a lot of fun and I had a great time. I dont want to overwhelm the clan with events, but I wonder if there is something we can eventually start planning for come greenleaf?"

She had already torn off all the crab legs by now, nudging half of them over towards her dinner-mate, while looking down at the pile she had. What to do? Save the best for last? Or get into the good stuff first? Decisions, decisions....

// @spade

Idk. Insert something inspiring or edgy here so people think that im cool.

Message me if you ever want to roleplay together or set something up!

Riverclan Leader's Den. Page 132. Bottom of the page.
Old April 29th, 2021, 11:32 PM
chirps

Even before his change of character, Kestrelwing didn't take compliments too well. They always made him flustered and unsure of what to do with himself. Now was no different, and as Junipersong repeated yet again how proud of him she was he felt his fur bristle in defense. But defense of what? The fact that he was starting to be seen by his Clanmates. That was what he'd wanted all along right? No. All he'd wanted was for those he shared his mother's home with to start taking it seriously - regardless of their positive or negative feelings towards him.

After a back and forth moment in his mind the gray tabby decided to just leave it alone. Perhaps if he didn't acknowledge it, she'd stop bringing it up. He hadn't stepped up, not in his view of how things were. He was just doing what any loyal warrior would do in their Clan's time of need.

"Yes, two moons ago. The length of a past event doesn't dictate if I do or don't know how to have fun," the warrior grumbled, giving a shake of his own head as he laid down, placing one of the crab legs between his paws and setting to work on it. He hadn't had the pleasure of enjoying a delicacy such as crab in awhile, and he almost wanted to purr for it - finally a break from all the fish!

Glancing up at her idea pitch of another event, Kestrelwing considered it. Truthfully, he wanted to wait until new leadership was established - that would be the ultimate morale booster for RiverClan, something they needed to keep going in the long run. "That could be arranged. We'd have to talk to Lionstorm though," he hurried to get out before letting out a snort, eyes darting from where they'd been staring off back to Junipersong.

"But back to the fun thing. I can have fun, Junipersong. I know I may be a grump, but I know how to have fun. In fact," Kestrelwing continued, abandoning his work on the crab and giving a shake of his pelt, "how about something fun right now? Hmm? I don't mind proving it right here and now that I am fun. A cat can be both focused and task oriented but still have fun."

// @Dizerel
Old April 30th, 2021, 08:41 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
Blizzardsky gave a sad smile,” No, you don’t have to, I’ll own up to not catching any prey, we have no leader, so they can’t demote me for this.” he meowed hanging his head still holding the worms.
Palepaw sighs and gives a halfhearted head thump against his side.
"Alright. Stay here, though. I'm determined to catch more before we head back. I'd much rather have more to show for than this," she glanced at her own singular catch and then at his worms.
"I shouldn't be too long."
Before he can protest, she slips away into the territory.
She eventually comes back with a toad and another mouse clamped tightly in her jaw.
She indicates for Blizzardsky to pick up the first prey piece she had dropped by.
She territory here seemed awfully quiet and there hadn't been any new scents in the area, so it was safe to say there wasn't any intrusion from this area, be it clan or wild.
Old April 30th, 2021, 10:42 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainquail View Post

Palepaw sighs and gives a halfhearted head thump against his side.
"Alright. Stay here, though. I'm determined to catch more before we head back. I'd much rather have more to show for than this," she glanced at her own singular catch and then at his worms.
"I shouldn't be too long."
Before he can protest, she slips away into the territory.
She eventually comes back with a toad and another mouse clamped tightly in her jaw.
She indicates for Blizzardsky to pick up the first prey piece she had dropped by.
She territory here seemed awfully quiet and there hadn't been any new scents in the area, so it was safe to say there wasn't any intrusion from this area, be it clan or wild.
Blizzardsky gave a sad whiny whimper as he grasped the prey and gave an oomph sounding noise as if the prey was heavy when it definetly didn’t as he slowly dragged his feet along towards camp.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old May 1st, 2021, 07:15 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Snakeheart cocked his head thinking the whole thing over before giving up quickly. He wasnt one for deep thoughts really, leaving that to the elders or cats who actually had free time. The medicine cat was usually too busy to do so himself even if he cared to. "Maybe theres a philosophy that makes it easier to live with the loss over others or maybe its simply some cats that take things better than others but loss will inevitably plague us all. Im just happy we have a place for them to rest and a place for cats to morn. I think it allows those who are alive to keep living easier. Though I dont think on it much. Do you have any opinions on the matter?"
Not thinking on it and focusing on life to avoid grief worked well for the medicine cat, so he'd keep doing that and ignore all else.

@FrostCat
Old May 1st, 2021, 07:28 AM
The raven army is coming~

Bump Policy: Please bump me anytime after 48 hours!
My Mood: Adorable

"I think we should grieve, because in grief we remember our loved ones. Grief isn't a plague, either. It's just.....a part of life." Palebrook glanced sideways at Snakeheart, hoping she hadn't offended him.
@Rani
Old May 4th, 2021, 09:20 PM
Student Psychologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spade View Post
Even before his change of character, Kestrelwing didn't take compliments too well. They always made him flustered and unsure of what to do with himself. Now was no different, and as Junipersong repeated yet again how proud of him she was he felt his fur bristle in defense. But defense of what? The fact that he was starting to be seen by his Clanmates. That was what he'd wanted all along right? No. All he'd wanted was for those he shared his mother's home with to start taking it seriously - regardless of their positive or negative feelings towards him.

After a back and forth moment in his mind the gray tabby decided to just leave it alone. Perhaps if he didn't acknowledge it, she'd stop bringing it up. He hadn't stepped up, not in his view of how things were. He was just doing what any loyal warrior would do in their Clan's time of need.

"Yes, two moons ago. The length of a past event doesn't dictate if I do or don't know how to have fun," the warrior grumbled, giving a shake of his own head as he laid down, placing one of the crab legs between his paws and setting to work on it. He hadn't had the pleasure of enjoying a delicacy such as crab in awhile, and he almost wanted to purr for it - finally a break from all the fish!

Glancing up at her idea pitch of another event, Kestrelwing considered it. Truthfully, he wanted to wait until new leadership was established - that would be the ultimate morale booster for RiverClan, something they needed to keep going in the long run. "That could be arranged. We'd have to talk to Lionstorm though," he hurried to get out before letting out a snort, eyes darting from where they'd been staring off back to Junipersong.

"But back to the fun thing. I can have fun, Junipersong. I know I may be a grump, but I know how to have fun. In fact," Kestrelwing continued, abandoning his work on the crab and giving a shake of his pelt, "how about something fun right now? Hmm? I don't mind proving it right here and now that I am fun. A cat can be both focused and task oriented but still have fun."

// @Dizerel
She settled down with her crab. Deciding on the smaller legs first. Saving the best for last was always the better choice. You wanted to leave your taste buds with the juiciest and most delicious part so it can sit on your tongue until your next meal. Using her paw as leverage, biting one end with her teeth and pulling up, while her other paw press down in the middle. Careful not the bite too hard to hurt her teeth. With her weight, it cracked open easily, and whatever she wouldnt be able to get out using her tongue and teeth, her claws would manage.

Amidst enjoying her meal, she looked up at Kestrelwing, ears perked as he was beginning to stand up. Before he even said it, she could see the challenging look in his eye. He wanted some competition. Most of the time, she shied away from competition, not wanting to make any clanmates feel bad if they lost. Its why she sat on the sidelines for the race Snakeheart hosted. But she knew he wouldn't take no for an answer. It would probably still be a lot of fun for the both of them no matter who won or lost.

Finishing off her pickings from the leg, standing up to her paws. A grin on her face. "Oh, is that so? Then go ahead, what did you have in mind? Im all ears. A race? Hunting challenge? Climbing? Swimming? Or maybe something dangerous?

Old May 6th, 2021, 10:27 AM
chirps

Now they were talking. Watching Junipersong rise up to the challenge - literally, get to her paws to stand before him - anticipation zipped through him like a live current. A brief flash of all of his training and experience molded together in his mind to determine what the best competition would be between the two of them.

A hunting competition would certainly be unfair, as he was quite a bit shorter and smaller than his companion and would easily be able to out maneuver her and stay quiet. They prey would hear her lumbering towards them, but they would never suspect him waiting in the shadows for an opportunity to strike and kill. So, that was out of the question.

Perhaps a fight of some sorts? Studying Junipersong carefully through thoughtful yellow eyes, that was an easy decision as well. He wanted a chance to win, and the size different between the two would prove to be a rather tough obstacle for him to overcome if he wanted to win.

That left one thing in his mind; a race. They weren't too far from the WindClan border, and he was certain that if they buried the crabs no one would bother them and they would be able to come right back.

"A race. From here to the WindClan border. But," he began, giving a swoop of his tail as he turned to face in that direction, glancing around, "once you reach the border, you'll have to swim in the stream until you reach the training island - that will be the final finish line." It involved running and swimming, two things that RiverClan warriors should excel at.

Swinging his head back around to gauge Junipersong's reaction, Kestrelwing gave a flex of his claws as if he was ready to take off at any moment. "Or, would that be too much fun for you?" There was a tease at the end of his sentence, a challenging glint in his eye as a smirk settled onto his face.

// @Dizerel
Old May 6th, 2021, 08:26 PM
Student Psychologist

As she got up, she did a bit of stretching. First leaning back, then forward, getting things loose. Afterwards shaking off her paws, one at a time. Bouncing back and forth, a bit like she does when she gets excited.

This would be an interesting race. With her much larger legs and longer stride, she would have a speed advantage in a direct sprint. However, He likely had a lot more stamina than her. Similarly she was a lot clumsier, due to her size, and was at a much higher risk of tripping. As for swimming, she had never seen him swimming full speed before so that wouldn't be so certain, either.

It was about as close a challenge that she could ask for. She would very likely get winded far before she reached the border, though, which posed a problem. If she could stick through the pain and push herself, maybe she could win. For a brief moment, she considered letting him have the victory, but immediately pushed that out of her mind. While she wanted him to win, he wouldnt be satisfied unless she gave it her all. Plus, this would be good exercise. She needed to work out her heart more often. Physically, at least. Emotionally, she had a pretty big heart <3

She was standing at the ready, down in a position ready to spring forward at any moment. Letting him call when they would start off.

// @spade

Closed Thread