by kenjaku
Last post by SnowheartTC
Today 08:39 PM

Old December 28th, 2020, 09:35 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: Meta Runner (RP)

@cmdR_Paige

He grinned only to lean on the same table as the computer. "No...not like a virus.. Viruses are harmful...this isn't. Its just stuck,not in the right place. For now we need to isolate it from the other data- from there on we'll think of what to do with it. But for today all we need to do is Isolate it " he instructed. His eyes showed some sort of..care and longing? Almost as if he knew what this flash was. "After that's done were all done. Try and do it like you did with Theo?" he sighed .

_____

Evelyn smiled sweetly and followed paige only to hum at belles comment. "Good, she shouldn't get too comfortable . Were still Tascorp after all, able to crush anyone who wrongs us " she grinned to herself. "Although she is interesting. "

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Last edited by Leucos; December 28th, 2020 at 09:36 PM.
Old December 29th, 2020, 12:54 AM
She we do not speak of

My Mood: Paranoid

- @Holly Checkmate

"Understood," Skye replied, running an extraction subroutine and glancing up at Tari. She hoped things wouldn't be too different for her afterward... if anything, she might even feel better.

-------------------

"I suppose," Belle scoffed. "Heard they were actually caught in a fire the day they tried out for Alphamax. Explains all those scars she had up her arms and neck. I dunno why you'd wanna show that off... seems kinda gross to me." Her eyes flicked down to her arm, and she mentally shuddered at the sight of zig-zag cuts along where skin met metal. Wasn't the cleanest job, that was for sure. But here she was now... a top Meta Runner for Tascorp. It was worth it... wasn't it?

- I left -
Old December 29th, 2020, 01:11 AM

@cmdR_Paige

The file or..virus or whatever -was proving to be difficult ,it flashed a few magenta colored lights at the screen only to cause it to literally glitch. Lucks gave growl at this and slammed his fists on the table, Tari on the other hand jolted- she even let out a small whine at the slight pain. It seemed even through the sedation the pain was a bit much. "Try harder - find a way to stun it or something ! " Lucks growled.

____

Evelyn huffed only to make a face "your not wrong there" she didn't really have any comments on the fire. It was probably traumatizing.

Old December 29th, 2020, 01:23 AM
She we do not speak of

- @Holly Checkmate -

No! She couldn't fail now! She desperately tried to isolate the pesky cloud of data, fingers flying over the keys. Stun it? How do you stun a string of code? She tried to think of a way to halt the process, trying everything she knew, but even the tried and true Task Manager couldn't save her now. She worried for Tari-- it sounded like she was in pain. Not intense pain, but enough to make her vocalize it.

----------------

Evelyn was... agreeing with her now? "Alright Evelyn, enough of the show. Enough of the facade. What do you want from me now? I can tell when you're trying to pry things out of people." She folded her arms and scolded down at her suspiciously. She'd already told her all she knew! Well... except that part about Tari spending the night with Skye, but what would Evelyn want that information for?

- I left -
Old December 29th, 2020, 01:40 AM

@cmdR_Paige

The piece of coding flashed again , it covered the whole screen for a few moments, causing glitches and screeching like sounds. It just stayed there...the screen was completely magenta. As if it was trying to stop them? The static and horrid noise didn't stop though. This caused Lucks to yell out in anger only to throw the nearest unused mouse at the wall. " RAAAAGH" he roared.

______

Evelyn snorted , was it so wrong that she didn't have a comeback?! Why can't she agree ? Was it so out of the ordinary? " or it could be the fact that I can't think of anything else to throw at you! Don't you think for one minute that that could be an possibility?!! " she snapped. "I don't always have a comeback ready to go I'm sure you know what that's like " she snapped with a glare. "Ill agree when I want to agree ill argue when I want to argue I already got what I wanted SO DEAL WITH IT!" she half shouted with her hands turned to fists. ERGH!

Old December 29th, 2020, 02:02 AM
She we do not speak of

- @Holly Checkmate -
(oh nu- if Tari goes unresponsive that's gonna be bad--!)
(Although Skye knows CPR and there's probably a defibrillator nearby, so she's probably safe)

Skye's first instinct was to check on Tari. She realized with a jolt that the Meta Runner wasn't safe anymore. She scrambled to safely eject Tari's consciousness from the server-- she didn't want to rip her out of there and risk dealing damage to her brain. She tried aborting every other process to get the computer to respond..

---------------

That's the Evelyn she knew and loathed. She threw up both hands as a means of defense. "Yeah, I gotcha! No need to scream at me; geez..." She looked up at the built in clock on her Meta Runner arm. "Can't remember when this thing it gonna start..." She sighed, running her other hand through her hair.

- I left -
Old December 29th, 2020, 02:14 AM

@cmdR_Paige

( definitely wouldn't be good -)

Lucks raised his brow at her actions he was about to throw a fit but decided to just...not. The screens noises still continued, but it got louder and worse before skye ejected the consciousness . Once she did that it vanished - all of it just..poofed, it hid itself somewhere where it couldn't easily be detected. At least the computer was usable again. "That's enough for today, this STUPID code has caused enough trouble.. YOU HEAR THAT LUCINIA?! I KNOW YOUR IN THERE, NEXT TIME DONT STRUGGLE WHEN WERE TRYING TO HELP YOU!" he roared at the direction of Taris form. He may have sounded like a mad man.. But he was so ..Angry. "Were done here" he snarled darkly .

______

It was a few minutes before it was time , she gave a sigh and marched into the building "its almost time, maybe I should think twice before acting ' normal ' around you FREAKS!" she half shouted. Frustration was still present.

Old December 29th, 2020, 02:22 AM
She we do not speak of

- @Holly Checkmate

From what Skye had heard, it didn't seem like Lucks wasn't angry at her-- at least not too directly...

She swallowed and took a few shaky steps over to Tari, and waited to see if the transfer had been successful. If it hadn't... they'd have two Meta Runners lost in the server. "Tari..." she said gently, brushing a lock of cobalt hair out of Tari's face. "You in there?"

--------------

Belle had no comment for the last remark. She just sort of stood there, unsure what to say. She followed her teammate at a distance, warming up her aimbots and other gear she'd need to use.

Paige sat alone in the Alphamax corner, her partner nowhere to be found. Maybe he was just running late, or something... he would be there. She hoped.

- I left -

Last edited by cmdR_Paige; December 29th, 2020 at 10:04 AM.
Old December 29th, 2020, 12:12 PM

@cmdR_Paige

It took her a few long minutes to come to. She woke up with a sharp gasp , her eyes flashed from white to magenta and back to her own color. Her entire system went into panic mode. Looking over at her arms and the computers , part of her thought this was just another game server hopping test! What did they do?! Why did they knock her out?! Why did she hurt?! "Of course its me! Wha- what are you talking about?! Wh - " she said as she started hyperventilating. Oh great now her head hurt... Ugh what did they do?!

_____

Evelyn sat on their side of the corner.
A random Alphamax meta runner walked up to them, you can tell this was his first time. "Uh...Paige Byrne?..right?..um..oh Jeez why can't I remember names well! ' the runner clasped his head only to shake it. " sorry for being late my mother wouldn't leave me alone -" he was supposed to be her partner for game tonight. He didn't look like much of anything either, very nerdy with pink hair. A lot of freckles. His right arm had the meta runner arm with the alphamax symbol on it.

Old December 29th, 2020, 12:37 PM
She we do not speak of

- @Holly Checkmate -

"Whoa-whoa-whoa-- easy. Take it slow," Skye said, putting a hand on her shoulder and encouraging her to lay back down. "The IV's effects are still wearing off. It'll take a moment for you to be able to move with normal coordination and strength." She nabbed a pocket flashlight from the nearest table. "I'm just gonna check how quickly your pupils dilate and constrict real quick--" she pointed over her shoulder. "Just look right there and try not to blink, alright?" She seemed to remember that brain activity and pupil dilation were connected somehow... she figured she'd better check just to be sure.

_____

(ooh, that works!)

"Yeah, that's me. Nice to see you. We've got some... formidable competition today, that's for sure." Paige nodded at Belle and Evelyn. "Don't think I'd be able to take them on alone-- and that's saying something."

- I left -