The Makings of A New Dawn
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 10:48 AM

Old October 5th, 2019, 10:53 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: The Starcave

@BILL.
The Thunderclan male did a bit of a double-take as the next cat stepped up. At first he thought it was Passionstar, here to wish him a good leadership and grant him a life. But a moment passed and he was able to see that it was not the former Thunderclan leader. The shade of ginger was far too bright.
Flintspirit perked his ears as the tomcat began to speak, listening intently to his words. So this was a former Thunderclan leader. Just not the one he’d been hoping to see. Of course, Flintspirit was grateful nonetheless. To be granted a life by one of Thunderclan’s previous leaders; that had to be a good sign, right?
As his next life was explained, Flintspirit felt some semblance of embarrassment rise up. But also gratefulness. This was a life he knew would serve him well. Not that the other loves wouldn’t, he just knew his recklessness often got in the way of making smart decisions. Much like Passionstar’s had, as Burningstar was now explaining.
As he was given the life, Flintspirit noticed it didn’t hurt nor did it feel warm. It was simply a sense of awareness that flooded through him. An acute awareness of his actions and thoughts of consequences that could stem from them. It spiked his energy, but in a way that made him feel more observant, rather than an adrenaline rush. As Burningstar was finishing what he was saying, Flintspirit gave him a respectful dip of his head, the over-awareness already fading as the life was now implanted in him.
With a deep breath, and renewed of strength, the tom glanced around, for the cat that would be giving him his final life. After that, he would be Thunderclan’s official leader. And at this point, he felt more prepared for that than he had ever been.

[ @Dust ] [ @Delta ]

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old October 8th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

[So sorry this is late! I had my reply typed up and forgot to send it! ;-; ]

With Burningstar stepping back into the crowd, Silversky was quick to pace forward. His once charred fur was now beautifully groomed, translucent as starlight seemed to drip from his pelt. It hadn't been long since he passed, but the devastation of Thunderclan felt like it was moons gone. Though Silversky hadn't known Flintspirit very well in life, he still approached with a prideful beam and dipped his head politely.

"Flintspirit," He meowed softly, giving the soon-to-be leader a brief moment of silence. "As your last life, I grant you the life of survival..." Silversky trailed off as he glided forward to touch his nose to Flintspirit's forehead, "The ability to learn how to rebuild from hardship. With Thunderclan suffering, your clan is depending on you to help them, to show them that they will make it through. May Thunderclan survive and thrive under your leadership, Flintstar."

And with that, Silversky dipped his head once more and backed away - his pelt fading from vision.

@RedHead @Delta

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; October 8th, 2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old October 8th, 2019, 06:07 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

@Dust

The Thunderclan tom quickly noticed the next cat approaching, and after a moment he recognized him as Silversky. This was another cat who’d suffered from the fire that tore through their territory. He didn’t know him well, but his heart warmed at the fact that he was able to be here to grant a life.
As Silversky began speaking, Flintspirit took a deep breath, preparing himself to receive the next life. His last life. He felt it all as soon as Silversky’s nose hit his head. The pain of continuing, of surviving even though it hurt. It seared through his limbs, and Flintspirit almost buckled in surprise under the pain. But he grit his teeth and angled his ears forwards, hanging off of Silversky’s every word as the tom continues speaking.
Once he had pulled away, Flintspirit opened his green eyes, watching as the cats around him began to disappear. And that was it. He was Flintstar now. Leader of Thunderclan.
”Thank you. I’ll try my best.” He meowed as the cats started to blend in with the stars, his vision going fuzzy before black enveloped him completely.
——

Blinking open his eyes, Flintstar glanced around, noticing he was now back in the dim light of the Starcave. Taking a breath, the tomcat stood and shuffled over to Tallmarsh, nudging the black tabby feline. “We should get home.” He meowed, before lifting his head. He felt different, for sure. But he did feel more ready than before to take on leadership. He would make sure Thunderclan survived, no matter what happened.

@Delta

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old October 9th, 2019, 07:40 PM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

@Dust

The Thunderclan tom quickly noticed the next cat approaching, and after a moment he recognized him as Silversky. This was another cat who’d suffered from the fire that tore through their territory. He didn’t know him well, but his heart warmed at the fact that he was able to be here to grant a life.
As Silversky began speaking, Flintspirit took a deep breath, preparing himself to receive the next life. His last life. He felt it all as soon as Silversky’s nose hit his head. The pain of continuing, of surviving even though it hurt. It seared through his limbs, and Flintspirit almost buckled in surprise under the pain. But he grit his teeth and angled his ears forwards, hanging off of Silversky’s every word as the tom continues speaking.
Once he had pulled away, Flintspirit opened his green eyes, watching as the cats around him began to disappear. And that was it. He was Flintstar now. Leader of Thunderclan.
”Thank you. I’ll try my best.” He meowed as the cats started to blend in with the stars, his vision going fuzzy before black enveloped him completely.
——

Blinking open his eyes, Flintstar glanced around, noticing he was now back in the dim light of the Starcave. Taking a breath, the tomcat stood and shuffled over to Tallmarsh, nudging the black tabby feline. “We should get home.” He meowed, before lifting his head. He felt different, for sure. But he did feel more ready than before to take on leadership. He would make sure Thunderclan survived, no matter what happened.

@Delta
Tallmarsh blinked awake at Flintstar's nudge. Flintstar. It was odd, calling him by a different name. "Ah, congratulations, Flintstar," she murmured, ears pinned. It was hard for her to congratulate him when the circumstances for his promotion were so grim, but she knew that he deserved it. He was a great deputy, and she knew he would be an amazing leader, too. ThunderClan needed a strong leader now more than ever. "We should. I need to be searching for herbs to rebuild my store," she meowed. She led the way up the tunnel back to the surface, he face a mixture of sorrow and hope. She was going to miss Passionstar, but she was looking towards the future of Flintstar's leadership with hope. It was up to them to guarantee the success and safety of ThunderClan.
Old October 10th, 2019, 07:47 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

@Delta
___

The blonde tom padded his way to the entrance of the cave , green gaze glancing up to look at the night sky that was littered with stars. He was having his naming ceremony , and the medicine cat felt anticipation prick at his pads , now glancing over to the Thunderclan medicine cat which was going to give him the ceremony , Tallmarsh.
He tried to focus , shaking off a cool breeze as he stared forward , stopping at the very entrance.

The Starcave.

Beepaw would be looked down , watched by all his ancestors in starclan , and it made him just a bit nervous. You've been working for moons to get your full name Beepaw , you'll be fine. He thought , reassuring himself as he took a few steps into the dark cave , trying to get used to the little light. "Just us.." He mumbled to himself , walking furthermore into the cave , he glanced around.

He couldn't help but look back over to Tallmarsh. Did she have to go through this too? Probably. He answered in his mind , bobbed tail twitching slightly as his ear gave a flick. This place is pretty cool though..an honor. This was the one time he actually had to be serious , and Beepaw would try to follow with it.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days

Last edited by furrensic; October 10th, 2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old October 11th, 2019, 10:49 PM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemew View Post
@Delta
___

The blonde tom padded his way to the entrance of the cave , green gaze glancing up to look at the night sky that was littered with stars. He was having his naming ceremony , and the medicine cat felt anticipation prick at his pads , now glancing over to the Thunderclan medicine cat which was going to give him the ceremony , Tallmarsh.
He tried to focus , shaking off a cool breeze as he stared forward , stopping at the very entrance.

The Starcave.

Beepaw would be looked down , watched by all his ancestors in starclan , and it made him just a bit nervous. You've been working for moons to get your full name Beepaw , you'll be fine. He thought , reassuring himself as he took a few steps into the dark cave , trying to get used to the little light. "Just us.." He mumbled to himself , walking furthermore into the cave , he glanced around.

He couldn't help but look back over to Tallmarsh. Did she have to go through this too? Probably. He answered in his mind , bobbed tail twitching slightly as his ear gave a flick. This place is pretty cool though..an honor. This was the one time he actually had to be serious , and Beepaw would try to follow with it.
Tallmarsh joined Beepaw at the entrance of the Starcave. She had just been here for Flintstar's nine lives ceremony, and now she was back for Beepaw's naming ceremony. The long journeys combined with the recent fire and race to rebuild her herb store and exhausted her. She tried not to show her fatigue, but she was afraid it was evident in the way her shoulders drooped and how she dragged her feet and the way her eyes seemed a little duller than normal.

Blinking the tiredness from her eyes as she felt her eyelids begin to droop already, she padded past Beepaw and into the tunnel. As the floor sloped down, the light from the mouth of the tunnel became dimmer and dimmer. Just as it was becoming pitch black, the small cave opened up into a cavern, with a large crystal situated in the center. Just as the two walked in, the moon lined up with the hole in the ceiling and moonlight streamed in, lighting up the crystal and casting the entire room in a silvery glow.

Tallmarsh turned to the WindClan medicine cat. "Welcome to the Starcave," she said with a small smile. This was definitely her favorite part of the Starcave--when the moon lit up the crystal, it seemed like their ancestors were already there. It was like a link to them. It was beautiful.

She laid down in front of the crystal and touched her nose to its cold surface, motioning with her tail for Beepaw to follow suit. She closed her eyes and immediately drifted into sleep.
Old October 12th, 2019, 09:25 AM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
Tallmarsh joined Beepaw at the entrance of the Starcave. She had just been here for Flintstar's nine lives ceremony, and now she was back for Beepaw's naming ceremony. The long journeys combined with the recent fire and race to rebuild her herb store and exhausted her. She tried not to show her fatigue, but she was afraid it was evident in the way her shoulders drooped and how she dragged her feet and the way her eyes seemed a little duller than normal.

Blinking the tiredness from her eyes as she felt her eyelids begin to droop already, she padded past Beepaw and into the tunnel. As the floor sloped down, the light from the mouth of the tunnel became dimmer and dimmer. Just as it was becoming pitch black, the small cave opened up into a cavern, with a large crystal situated in the center. Just as the two walked in, the moon lined up with the hole in the ceiling and moonlight streamed in, lighting up the crystal and casting the entire room in a silvery glow.

Tallmarsh turned to the WindClan medicine cat. "Welcome to the Starcave," she said with a small smile. This was definitely her favorite part of the Starcave--when the moon lit up the crystal, it seemed like their ancestors were already there. It was like a link to them. It was beautiful.

She laid down in front of the crystal and touched her nose to its cold surface, motioning with her tail for Beepaw to follow suit. She closed her eyes and immediately drifted into sleep.

Seeing Tallmarsh walk past him , Beepaw quickened his pace to follow her down the dark slope.
As he walked into the cavern , his eyes widened slightly at the large crystal lighting up the room in a silver glow. It seemed so , unreal. Despite knowing it was real , he thought it was too beautiful to be true.

He stopped walking , standing still to stare at the moonlit crystal with wide eyes , taking in the appearance of it. He'd forgotten about the long journey to the starcave due to the new wave of anticipation washing over him. His ears perked once the Thunderclan medicine cat welcomed him , he gave a small nod. "Yeah.....thanks." He said lowly , not wanting to be loud just in case that would be a bad move.

He watched her walk over to the large crystal and lay down , touching her nose to it and falling asleep. Oh! Quickly padding over , he layed down a few fox lengths away from Tallmarsh. The blonde tom touched his nose to the crystal , almost turning back at how cold it was. But stopped as he fell into a slumber only a few moments after touching his nose to the crystal.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old October 13th, 2019, 12:33 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default Icestar's Ceremony

I'm just gonna go ahead and get this rolling now! There are still two open spaces, and if nobody claims them by the time it's the turn of those spaces, I'll insert cats of my own. So, here's the posting order! I'd like to have a time limit of one day once it's your turn to respond, just so we're not working on this forever. Thank y'all for joining this!

1.) Cedartuft - Life of Acceptance @Dust
2.) Lemonglare - Life of Confidence @.:Virgo:.
3.) Appledash - Life of Perception @RedHead
4.) Umbrepaw - Life of Love @|+Tired Rose Child+|
5.) Dawnfall - Life of Understanding @Fuzzyfeline
6.) Tinykit - Life of Compassion (My own)
7.) Chiseledshadow - Life of Foresight @Haunted
8.) -----
9.) Wolverine (Dark Forest) - Life of Power @BILL.
@Venus

Iceheart scented the cave before she saw it. Cool, damp air, and the icy chill of the stones surrounding it. It was a refreshing sense after having plodded through the ashen remains of ThunderClan territory to get here. She had only been here once before, and had never been inside it. Now was her time.
"Wait here, Badgerpaw," She told her apprentice once they reached the entrance to the cave. "I'll return shortly."

The large cat pushed her way into the tunnels, feeling slightly claustrophobic as the stone walls pressed on her shoulders. The darkness was oppressive, smothering her on all sides, and she felt relief when suddenly the tunnel opened into a wide cave. It appeared she had arrived at just the right time. Before her very eyes, the moon passed overhead, and the beams of light casting through the opening at the top of the cave lit up the glimmering crystal at the center.

It was the most beautiful thing Iceheart had ever laid eyes on. She found herself breath-taken by its presence. After a long moment of hesitation, basking in the presence of the stone, she padded slowly forward and settled down beside it, tucking her paws underneath her. She leaned forward and let her nose touch the icy-cold surface, and felt her mind get swept away into darkness.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!

Last edited by pidgeon; October 13th, 2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old October 13th, 2019, 03:17 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Once Iceheart had woken up, Cedartuft's shape would be there waiting for the molly's attention. The queen appeared pristine - no scars or wounds that would indicate she had ever walked the earth. As she approached, her long pelt would rustle gently as a warm wind washed through the clearing.

"Iceheart," her voice was gentle, as if she was a mother speaking to her kit, "Our family ties are strong... Tonight, with Starclan's blessing, you will receive the nine lives of a Leader." With her small speech done, Cedartuft sauntered forwards and pressed her nose gently to Iceheart's forehead.

"For your first life, I give you the life of Motherly Love." Cedartuft gave the other a moment to collect herself while the life would course through-out her body, "The life of a mother is painful, aching and difficult... but it is rewarding nonetheless. All your clan mates are your children now. May you lead their paws on the right path, the righteous path, and reprimand their wicked ways. That is your duty as their mother." Cedartuft reflected briefly on her own memories with her children. The happiness and pride she felt during their birth, raising her sons to become strong warriors... and her daughters to become beautiful queens. A sad smile drifted across her maw as she pulled away and stepped back.

"Don't take your mother for-granted, all time is limited. I believe you will lead ShadowClan to greatness once again." Dipping her head politely, Cedartuft slipped back into the crowd of felines, casting a scornful glance towards one of the ghostly felines.

With that life over, it was time for the next...

@CasperCreates

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old October 13th, 2019, 03:23 PM
~Your infamous Cat-mother

My Mood: Spooky

@CasperCreates I just read over this and if you need another someone to give a life, that I can do if you want ~ sorry if their was a thread and I missed it. ]]

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~Marilyn Monroe

Charrie site coming soon!