Last post by Fish
Today 04:00 AM

Old October 13th, 2019, 04:43 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Once Iceheart had woken up, Cedartuft's shape would be there waiting for the molly's attention. The queen appeared pristine - no scars or wounds that would indicate she had ever walked the earth. As she approached, her long pelt would rustle gently as a warm wind washed through the clearing.

"Iceheart," her voice was gentle, as if she was a mother speaking to her kit, "Our family ties are strong... Tonight, with Starclan's blessing, you will receive the nine lives of a Leader." With her small speech done, Cedartuft sauntered forwards and pressed her nose gently to Iceheart's forehead.

"For your first life, I give you the life of Motherly Love." Cedartuft gave the other a moment to collect herself while the life would course through-out her body, "The life of a mother is painful, aching and difficult... but it is rewarding nonetheless. All your clan mates are your children now. May you lead their paws on the right path, the righteous path, and reprimand their wicked ways. That is your duty as their mother." Cedartuft reflected briefly on her own memories with her children. The happiness and pride she felt during their birth, raising her sons to become strong warriors... and her daughters to become beautiful queens. A sad smile drifted across her maw as she pulled away and stepped back.

"Don't take your mother for-granted, all time is limited. I believe you will lead ShadowClan to greatness once again." Dipping her head politely, Cedartuft slipped back into the crowd of felines, casting a scornful glance towards one of the ghostly felines.

With that life over, it was time for the next...

@CasperCreates
( @.:Virgo:. is up next!)

Iceheart shuddered in discomfort as the power of the new life surged through her. She felt the pain of a kitting queen, she felt Cedartuft's pride in her kits, and the love of an experienced mother. She was not only thrown back into her memories of being a kit in the nursery with her mother, Owlfeather, but was reminded of her time in the nursery with her own kits. Some odd sense was telling her Cedartuft was unhappy with the way Iceheart had raised her kits. She wondered briefly if she would see Tinykit on this night--the kit from her litter that had not survived.

When the starlit cat told her not to take her mother for granted, she wanted to shout. She wanted to yowl at this know-it-all for thinking Owlfeather deserved any respect from her. That old hag was weak-spirited and pitiful. But of course, Iceheart found herself unable to utter the faintest sound. The ceremony had rendered her completely mute as she accepted the blessings of her ancestors. As such, she was forced to seethe with hatred in silence, trying desperately to fight the love that this cat had placed in her heart. She hadn't expected to be granted feelings.

Begrudgingly, she watched the beautiful queen tread lightly back into the throng of starry pelts, and awaited the next cat's approach. She braced herself for the next life.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!

Last edited by pidgeon; October 13th, 2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old October 13th, 2019, 05:47 PM
I'm a group of stars

My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperCreates View Post
( @.:Virgo:. is up next!)

Iceheart shuddered in discomfort as the power of the new life surged through her. She felt the pain of a kitting queen, she felt Cedartuft's pride in her kits, and the love of an experienced mother. She was not only thrown back into her memories of being a kit in the nursery with her mother, Owlfeather, but was reminded of her time in the nursery with her own kits. Some odd sense was telling her Cedartuft was unhappy with the way Iceheart had raised her kits. She wondered briefly if she would see Tinykit on this night--the kit from her litter that had not survived.

When the starlit cat told her not to take her mother for granted, she wanted to shout. She wanted to yowl at this know-it-all for thinking Owlfeather deserved any respect from her. That old hag was weak-spirited and pitiful. But of course, Iceheart found herself unable to utter the faintest sound. The ceremony had rendered her completely mute as she accepted the blessings of her ancestors. As such, she was forced to seethe with hatred in silence, trying desperately to fight the love that this cat had placed in her heart. She hadn't expected to be granted feelings.

Begrudgingly, she watched the beautiful queen tread lightly back into the throng of starry pelts, and awaited the next cat's approach. She braced herself for the next life.
Lemonglare’s sour green gaze was lax for once, which had surprised most of the cats there. But she didn’t care. Lemonglare stalked up once the first life had taken hold of Iceheart. “Hello. I’m Lemonglare, one of your former clanmates” Lemon’s eyes took a slant again as she studied the large grey molly with her green eyes. “I am to present to you the life of Confidence. Not to be confused with cockiness, make sure to make good choices for your clan, and stick with them. But make sure you don’t become cocky and overzealous. “ Lemon’s gaze hardened into a glare. “Because if you do let it morph into cockiness, you may well have killed your clan as well as yourself.”

And with that, She touched her nose to Iceheart’s, closing her eyes as she let both a feeling of pride and scenes of carnage, scenes of those close to her being torn apart by her own claws, as that is what too much confidence could do to you. You could condemn them to death by your own claws if you were too cocky and still forced them to battle on, to save your own pride and give pride to your clan. Butt then, scenes with difficult choices came up, and ended without conclusion, because it would be Iceheart’s own choice.

Lemon stayed at the edges of the mist until the last visions of her life ebbed away. “Use my life carefully, Iceheart.” She then delved back into the mist from whence she had come. With a nod to the next life-giver, she sat down.
Old October 13th, 2019, 05:59 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Virgo:. View Post
Lemonglare’s sour green gaze was lax for once, which had surprised most of the cats there. But she didn’t care. Lemonglare stalked up once the first life had taken hold of Iceheart. “Hello. I’m Lemonglare, one of your former clanmates” Lemon’s eyes took a slant again as she studied the large grey molly with her green eyes. “I am to present to you the life of Confidence. Not to be confused with cockiness, make sure to make good choices for your clan, and stick with them. But make sure you don’t become cocky and overzealous. “ Lemon’s gaze hardened into a glare. “Because if you do let it morph into cockiness, you may well have killed your clan as well as yourself.”

And with that, She touched her nose to Iceheart’s, closing her eyes as she let both a feeling of pride and scenes of carnage, scenes of those close to her being torn apart by her own claws, as that is what too much confidence could do to you. You could condemn them to death by your own claws if you were too cocky and still forced them to battle on, to save your own pride and give pride to your clan. Butt then, scenes with difficult choices came up, and ended without conclusion, because it would be Iceheart’s own choice.

Lemon stayed at the edges of the mist until the last visions of her life ebbed away. “Use my life carefully, Iceheart.” She then delved back into the mist from whence she had come. With a nod to the next life-giver, she sat down.
(Next is @RedHead !)

Iceheart felt the pain of loss rip through her, as she saw visions of ShadowClan falling to ruin with her on top. She felt the hubris of overconfidence and the hurt that it could bring. At the same time, she felt the pride of a successful leader, the rewards of the right amount of confidence, and saw what her clan could become with the right guidance. She felt every ounce of the seriousness in Lemonglare's words, and refrained from passing judgement on the cat. She could feel her harsh green gaze burning through her pelt, and was moved by it. As much as she tried to fight it, she felt respect for the cat.

She felt the sharp pain of that life pass through, and caught her gasping breath for a moment and let her vision become steady once more, before silently waiting for the next cat.

Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old October 13th, 2019, 08:37 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Once Lemonglare had stepped away, a tall tom made his way out of the ranks. His ginger pelt shone with starlight, and leafy green eyes settled on Iceheart as he approached the large black-furred feline. “Hello Iceheart. I’m Appledash. I passed away not to long ago, suffering in the attack from the rogues.” It has been a hard time, one Appledash was not proud of for Shadowclan. He stepped up to Iceheart, his longer legs allowing him to meet eye to eye with the new leader. He’d never talked to this feline, destined to be Shadowclan’s new leader, but he’d learned that she was fit for the role. Maybe too fit. Reaching his nose up, the tomcat placed it against Iceheart’s forehead.
“I give you the life of perception. Use this life to be able to see things from a different perspective, taking all facts and insights into consideration. Being perceptive allows for a strong, stable leadership, giving you the ability to lead your clan through the hardest of trials.” With that said, Appledash stepped back, making sure to give Iceheart a meaningful stare, his eyes unwavering. Then he dipped his head to her after a moment. “Good luck Iceheart. May you be the leader Shadowclan needs.” The ginger tom then turned and returned to his place within the starry ranks.

@CasperCreates

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old October 13th, 2019, 08:48 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

( so sorry for the late reply! don't mind me, just slipping this in here ;v; )

Badgerpaw trailed behind her mentor, excitement in her step. The journey there was certainly exhausting, but she didn't dare show any exhaustion in front of Iceheart. It was scary to see the scattered ashens from ThunderClan’s fire, especially at night, and as they passed through, the hairs on her neck stood on end. She wished the trip wasn't so silent. Was she even going to explain anything along the way? Her ear flicked with impatience. Typical. Iceheart was by no doubt a blunt feline, but adventures with her were always so vague...so bland. To keep herself entertained, she wondered what the Starcave was like. She liked to imagine it big and spaceful – beautiful and dazzling beyond her dreams.

At least that's what she imagined.

The small black-and-white apprentice halted sharply at Iceheart’s command, nearly bumping into the large dark she-cat. At first she hesitated at nodding obediently, but eventually, Badgerpaw dipped her head in understanding and sat down. She wants me...to wait here? What about showing me the actual Starcave? I traveled all this way just to wait outside?! Disappointment and frustration tugged at her heartstrings, tieing knots in her stomach. But of course, there was no arguing with her mentor and future leader. She jealously watched Iceheart slip through the tunnel, ears drooping when she disappeared.

Curious and stubborn, Badgerpaw eventually stuck her head right into the entrance. It smelled cold and damp, like stones found by a river. “Cool…” she whispered into it, nearly jumping at the slight sound of her own echo bouncing down the entryway. She probably looked ridiculous with her tail-stubbed-rump sticking out of the entrance, but at this point, Badgerpaw couldn't care less. If this was what Iceheart was giving her to experience, then by Stars, she would experience it as best as she could. She tried to adjust her vision in the darkness, but before her eyes could adjust, fear got the best of her. I shouldn't be snooping. Sighing in defeat, Badgerpaw retracted her head from the entrance and sat back down outside the cave.

Sulking. Alone. Bored.

@CasperCreates

Last edited by Doom; October 13th, 2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old October 13th, 2019, 10:07 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

Once Lemonglare had stepped away, a tall tom made his way out of the ranks. His ginger pelt shone with starlight, and leafy green eyes settled on Iceheart as he approached the large black-furred feline. “Hello Iceheart. I’m Appledash. I passed away not to long ago, suffering in the attack from the rogues.” It has been a hard time, one Appledash was not proud of for Shadowclan. He stepped up to Iceheart, his longer legs allowing him to meet eye to eye with the new leader. He’d never talked to this feline, destined to be Shadowclan’s new leader, but he’d learned that she was fit for the role. Maybe too fit. Reaching his nose up, the tomcat placed it against Iceheart’s forehead.
“I give you the life of perception. Use this life to be able to see things from a different perspective, taking all facts and insights into consideration. Being perceptive allows for a strong, stable leadership, giving you the ability to lead your clan through the hardest of trials.” With that said, Appledash stepped back, making sure to give Iceheart a meaningful stare, his eyes unwavering. Then he dipped his head to her after a moment. “Good luck Iceheart. May you be the leader Shadowclan needs.” The ginger tom then turned and returned to his place within the starry ranks.

@CasperCreates
( @|+Tired Rose Child+| is next!)

Iceheart recognized this tom as one of the casualties of the fight--one of the cats that her own brute strength had not been able to save. Her chest tightened with anger and self-pity that anyone at all had died during that fight. She should have been able to save them.
But that was in the past, and now here was Appledash, bestowing a life upon her. She opened her jaws in a silent yowl as the pain of this third life surged through her. She was taken back into the battle clearing, as if she were seeing the fight through the eyes of each of her clanmates, one by one. She felt each of their fear, their courage, their heartbreak as the ones they loved were taken from them. The large black cat was shaken to her core with all of the rampant emotions that flooded through her. Emotions that she never felt during the heat of battle.
She was beginning to become accustomed to the cold and painful feeling of receiving these lives. She was a third of the way there.

With regret in her eyes, she watched the recently deceased warrior pad back into the starry mist, becoming one with the other formless ancestors that watched from the edge of the clearing. She noticed that the next cat to approach was much smaller than the others.

Last edited by pidgeon; October 13th, 2019 at 10:24 PM.
Old October 14th, 2019, 06:03 PM
♡♡♡

My Mood: Kingly

As Appledash took his place beside him, Umberpaw stood up on his small paws, giving the ginger warrior a nod before padding forwards, starlight swirling and sparkling around him. He took his time, his pawsteps slow but steady. The small tom took a deep breath, halted in front of the leader. I can do this... he gazed up at the deputy with green orbs that shone with wisdom. "I was a part of ShadowClan many moons ago... I fell in love with a cat, she was... beautiful and kind." he let out a tiny sob. "However, I saved her life one day, I saved her from falling down a waterfall... only for me to slip and fall instead. I was never found, but, to this day, I still love her. I am still waiting for her to join me." the small, umber-coloured apprentice stretched his neck up to touch noses with the much bigger cat. "For this life, I give you the life of love," he murmured. "Use it to love, protect, and care for your Clan, but don't let it blind you into irrationality... use it to protect the ones most important to you." he closed his eyes, letting a sense of, what one would expect to be a warm feeling, was really the fiery sensation of burning alive, a searing pain, that burning sense of passion, and then an empty coldness, the feeling you get when you lose the one you love, he let those sensations pass over to the leader. Finally, Umberpaw stepped away, slowly blinking his green eyes before respectfully dipping his head. "May you lead ShadowClan well... they certainly could use a good leader in this time of need." his voice shook, and with that, he turned and rejoined the starry ranks.

@CasperCreates

♡ character page wip ♡

Last edited by |+sari+|; October 14th, 2019 at 06:26 PM.
Old October 14th, 2019, 06:44 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by |+Tired Rose Child+| View Post
As Appledash took his place beside him, Umberpaw stood up on his small paws, giving the ginger warrior a nod before padding forwards, starlight swirling and sparkling around him. He took his time, his pawsteps slow but steady. The small tom took a deep breath, halted in front of the leader. I can do this... he gazed up at the deputy with green orbs that shone with wisdom. "I was a part of ShadowClan many moons ago... I fell in love with a cat, she was... beautiful and kind." he let out a tiny sob. "However, I saved her life one day, I saved her from falling down a waterfall... only for me to slip and fall instead. I was never found, but, to this day, I still love her. I am still waiting for her to join me." the small, umber-coloured apprentice stretched his neck up to touch noses with the much bigger cat. "For this life, I give you the life of love," he murmured. "Use it to love, protect, and care for your Clan, but don't let it blind you into irrationality... use it to protect the ones most important to you." he closed his eyes, letting a sense of, what one would expect to be a warm feeling, was really the fiery sensation of burning alive, a searing pain, that burning sense of passion, and then an empty coldness, the feeling you get when you lose the one you love, he let those sensations pass over to the leader. Finally, Umberpaw stepped away, slowly blinking his green eyes before respectfully dipping his head. "May you lead ShadowClan well... they certainly could use a good leader in this time of need." his voice shook, and with that, he turned and rejoined the starry ranks.

@CasperCreates
( @Fuzzyfeline is next!)

Iceheart groaned internally at the sniveling apprentice as he approached. She listened begrudgingly to his little sob-story, just wishing to get this one over with. That sour attitude of hers changed when the tiny cat touched his nose to hers.
Her ears flattened against her head and her fur bristled as she felt the searing pain of a passionate flame burn through her pelt. She felt the intensity of being in love, of having so much care for another cat. And she felt the pain of having that love torn from you. She thought her heart might burst with sorrow that she had never felt before. Worst of all, she felt the heartbreak of her own daughters as she mistreated them. She wanted to cry out, for this "life of love" to stop. It was too much for her to bear. If this was what love felt like, then she didn't want it.
She let out a gasping breath of relief when the life passed by and Umbrepaw slunk back into the starry ranks once more. She hoped none of the other lives would be so torturous.

Old October 14th, 2019, 10:35 PM
Dazzling star dust ✨

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperCreates View Post
( @Fuzzyfeline is next!)

Iceheart groaned internally at the sniveling apprentice as he approached. She listened begrudgingly to his little sob-story, just wishing to get this one over with. That sour attitude of hers changed when the tiny cat touched his nose to hers.
Her ears flattened against her head and her fur bristled as she felt the searing pain of a passionate flame burn through her pelt. She felt the intensity of being in love, of having so much care for another cat. And she felt the pain of having that love torn from you. She thought her heart might burst with sorrow that she had never felt before. Worst of all, she felt the heartbreak of her own daughters as she mistreated them. She wanted to cry out, for this "life of love" to stop. It was too much for her to bear. If this was what love felt like, then she didn't want it.
She let out a gasping breath of relief when the life passed by and Umbrepaw slunk back into the starry ranks once more. She hoped none of the other lives would be so torturous.

Once Umberpaw joined the ranks Dawnfall weaved her way out of the mist of cats her creamy star filled pelt sleek and long. The molly approached the larger figure a spark of mischief in her blue eyes. It was an honor to give a life to your Clans new leader but Dawn had to admit she was more excited to be above a leader. Without her life the molly would be one life away from the nine life standard.
Standing in front of Iceheart she looked up to meet her gaze. "Iceheart," She greeted tail twitching. "I am a formal member of ShadowClan, died in one of the recent fights but I won't boar you with some sob story." The warrior informed rolling her eyes at the thought. Why would she explain her life story? Iceheart was alive when she was so it wouldn't do much anyway. Just blow time away.
Reaching up to press her nose to the future leaders nose she met her gaze evenly. "With this life I give you the life of understanding." She explained. "Use it to understand the trials and challenges of life as a warrior and leader. Don't miss a chance to make ShadowClan grate as a whole." Dawnfall added.
Allowing the life to fill Icehearts body the molly stepped back watching for a moment. Her gaze lingered a bit eyes narrowing. "Lead ShadowClan to greatness." With that she turned and disappeared. The starry mist engulfing her. Leaving a spot for the next life giver open.

I'm leaving wco once I tie up losse ends around here, I appoligize for the Rps that will have to end but I thank you all for being so wonderful, love y'all

Last edited by Fuzzy; October 14th, 2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old October 14th, 2019, 11:01 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyfeline View Post

Once Umberpaw joined the ranks Dawnfall weaved her way out of the mist of cats her creamy star filled pelt sleek and long. The molly approached the larger figure a spark of mischief in her blue eyes. It was an honor to give a life to your Clans new leader but Dawn had to admit she was more excited to be above a leader. Without her life the molly would be one life away from the nine life standard.
Standing in front of Iceheart she looked up to meet her gaze. "Iceheart," She greeted tail twitching. "I am a formal member of ShadowClan, died in one of the recent fights but I won't boar you with some sob story." The warrior informed rolling her eyes at the thought. Why would she explain her life story? Iceheart was alive when she was so it wouldn't do much anyway. Just blow time away.
Reaching up to press her nose to the future leaders nose she met her gaze evenly. "With this life I give you the life of understanding." She explained. "Use it to understand the trials and challenges of life as a warrior and leader. Don't miss a chance to make ShadowClan grate as a whole." Dawnfall added.
Allowing the life to fill Icehearts body the molly stepped back watching for a moment. Her gaze lingered a bit eyes narrowing. "Lead ShadowClan to greatness." With that she turned and disappeared. The starry mist engulfing her. Leaving a spot for the next life giver open.
( @Haunted is next!)

Iceheart flinched as the life passed through her. She felt herself yet again seeing life from the perspectives of many different clanmates, as if being forced to understand each and every one of their individual struggles. Every cat was different, and she would have to understand that if she were to lead them. She watched the starry cat pad away after gazing into her eyes, and her heart nearly stopped when she saw the next cat approach.

He was only the size of a mouse. The little kit teetered over to his mother and looked her in the eyes, their shallow depths portraying wisdom far beyond what any kit should have.

"I'm glad to see you again, even if you may not be glad to see me," He squeaked. "I watch over you and my sisters. I'm here to give you the life of compassion." He craned his tiny head upwards and Iceheart had to bend down to touch noses with him, after a moment of hesitation. She had a feeling she knew what she would see.

She saw herself in the nursery, from the perspective of Tinykit. She saw his sisters Hailkit and Dawnkit curled up by her side, while Tinykit watched from a distance, too weak and feeble to feed. She felt his tiny heartbreak as he realized that Iceheart had given up on him, had doomed him to succumb to his sickness. You were weak! she tried to force out her thoughts through the wave of emotional turmoil. You were dying. Why should I have wasted milk on you when I could be sustaining the stronger kits? The ones that were going to survive? Her thoughts were swept away as Tinykit made her feel the anguish of Hailkit, too, as Dawnkit received the highest praise, for being the strongest.

"I forgive you," the kit spoke once more, casting away the visions of the life he'd given her. "Learn from your mistakes. Use your power to help those in need, those who are sick or weak. Do not pass judgement where it is not yours to pass."

Iceheart gasped for air over and over, recovering from the horrible nightmare of a life that was. After Umbrepaw, she hadn't thought it could get worse. Tinykit had made her feel like a complete monster. Maybe she was. Eyes blurry, she watched the little kit hobble back into the starlit forest, disappearing from sight.