Today 03:07 AM

Old January 18th, 2024, 03:17 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

For some reason, she wasn’t surprised to find Violetfreckle to be injured. Concerning and life-threatening, very serious wounds–but not surprising at all. She seemed to be in here a lot. Perhaps she should take the time to give her a crash course in being a bit more careful–haha, not funny to be making jokes like that to herself right now, but she couldn’t help it.

“Got it, grabbing some cobwebs.” They needed to make sure that the blood would be able to clot and stop the bleeding–especially for that shoulder wound–so she scooped up all of the cobwebs that they had in their storage. Bee-lining to the pair that had arrived, she dropped the cobwebs to the ground and carefully began pulling the cobwebs apart into three piles.

“I’m gonna tackle the shoulder first–looks to be the worst, I want to stop the bleeding there as soon as possible.” The announcement was more-so aimed at Springpaw, just to let her know what she was planning to do here.

[ @eris @dino. @vellichor ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old January 22nd, 2024, 09:14 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

It hurt, it hurt. Everything hurt. She heard Bumblestar's words, but couldn't find the energy to answer anymore. She used her limited strength just to stay on the leader's back without falling off. A small part of her laughed; if she had a mouse for every time she'd been carried on Bumblestar's back, close to death, she'd have two mice. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right? She blinked. Violetfreckle's blinks were getting longer and longer; she had to fight to stay awake.

Bumblestar yelled, and Violetfreckle flinched just a bit due to the sudden loudness. Yeah, yeah, it made sense, but it still hurt her ears. She let out a small displeased noise and tried to paw at her ear, but really only succeeded in twitching her paw. Yikes. She heard the names of some herbs, but didn't really pay attention. She couldn't, honestly. As she half-stepped, half-slithered off Bumblestar's back and into a nest, she muttered something incoherently. Even the tabby herself didn't quite know what she was saying. With her chin on the ground, laying quite ungracefully, she stretched a paw out in front of her and flexed it. Claws in, claws out. Over and over. To keep her grounded, awake, alive. Dark olive eyes flicked upward to try to find the familiar bright green of Bumblestar's, but went right back down to her paws.

What a disgrace she was. Just a damsel in distress.

// @dino. @eris @Omari \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old January 22nd, 2024, 10:54 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Springpaw appeared first, followed quickly by Drizzlecloud. Bumblestar's hackles were spiked, her ears pinned against her head and her breath had begun to come in sharp hitches. It felt like the two swarmed around her, barking out nonsense to one another before Violetfreckle slid off her back and into a nearby nest.

Her heart stuttered dangerously and she swung around to stare. Her claws stabbed into the moss of another and shredded it. The pair of healers were here to help, she knew that somewhere in the back of her mind, but rising panic gave way to unreasonable thought and she considered, just for a split second, that maybe she could lose Vi to them instead. The glint in her eyes became dangerous as they snapped up to focus on the two.

"If you don't help her, I swear to EVERYTHING in the skies above-!" She didn't even understand where this fearful rage was coming from. All she knew was that Violetfreckle was hurt, someone from WindClan had done it and she wanted to flay them alive and fly their pelt from the branch nearest to the border, she was terrified, and if Springpaw and Drizzlecloud failed her then both of them would be on their way to the same part of the border in much the same condition.

[ @Omari @eris @vellichor ]

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training

Last edited by dino.; January 22nd, 2024 at 10:55 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2024, 06:01 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear || thunderclan medicine cat apprentice
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

The acrid stench of blood was overwhelming her nose, but the situation itself was making her head spin. Everything was far too muddled at the moment and Springpaw wasn’t even sure if she could properly focus on what was going on. Violetfreckle wasn’t in the best of conditions, and Bumblestar seemed to be worried sick for the molly. Her leader’s panicked yell made her jump to her paws, rushing her way toward Violetfreckle’s side as she ducked herself right alongside her. Great StarClan, what even happened to her? What caused her to look like she had just been jumped by a pack of dogs and suddenly torn to shreds? As much as Springpaw wanted to question the current situation of how the hell this happened, that couldn’t be accomplished at the given moment. Violetfreckle was bleeding out, and she needed to act quickly before anything else happened. Even if Drizzlecloud was going to grab the cobwebs, Springpaw already had herself a spare of webs so she could use them for any particular area that needed to be fixed. But, she knew that they couldn’t easily just tackle at this alone… Bumblestar may need to assist in this in case this gets out of hand.

“Bumblestar… I’m going… to need… you to… work on… the scratches… at her… face… I’m… going to… work on… the more… severe ones… across her neck… and chest… and if… you can… try to see… if she… will eat… these poppyseeds… she’s going… to need them,” Springpaw explained, urgency lacing her voice as she dropped the leaf-like bundle right next to herself, using a white forepaw to try to scoop out the needed supplies and give a portion to Bumblestar to see if she would be willing to assist in this chronic ordeal. Sure, Bumblestar may not be in the right mental state of mind right now, but for both of the medicine cats’ sakes and Violetfreckle’s, she was going to need to. After carefully giving the tabby a wad of cobwebs and a marigold, Springpaw began to quickly scoop out her bundle of herbs and inspect the severe scars. She quietly winced at herself for forgetting to grab a small wad of moss to carefully cleanse the wounds before working on them, but it was too late now. Besides, her wounds will get washed off afterward.

Letting loose a tight exhale, Springpaw nudged a piece of marigold close to her and began to carefully chew it up into a paste, ignoring the bitter taste that slavered her tongue. After doing this for so long, she has grown used to its bitter aftertaste. She silently hoped that Drizzlecloud would hurry with gathering up any cobwebs for the chronic wound along Violetfreckle’s shoulder, as that would only become potentially infected if she didn’t hurry. After chewing for a few seconds, she pressed her tongue against the soft, cool skin of her paw-pad and began to carefully rub the paste onto the scars along Violetfreckle’s neck first, wanting to try to get that covered before moving on the wounds on her chest.

@dino. @vellichor @Omari

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old January 25th, 2024, 02:18 PM

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud hadn’t heard Willowstripes arrive, but she noticed Springpaw stirring as if someone had entered. Odd, because she didn’t smell any blood, nor did she smell any sort of sickness either–her gaze shifted, head swiveling around to face the warrior who had arrived, looking hesitant and almost frightened.

Drizzlecloud, with what little hearing ability she had left in her left ear, tipped her head to the side and hummed thoughtfully.

“Here, let’s check your ears before we jump to any conclusions, shall we?” Drizzlecloud offered gently as she approached. Although, within her heart she felt that she should just tell this molly that she was experiencing hearing loss–perhaps there was a reason for it. Maybe there was something just stuck in her ear? Best to check and see. With a wave of her tail and a nod of her head, she gestured to an empty moss bed. “Here, come, I’m going to ask you to lay down so I can easily see inside of your ear to check and see if there is any blockages.”

[ @Samantha @eris sorry for the late reply, been going through a lot of stress lately. ]

Old January 25th, 2024, 02:39 PM

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud held back a sigh, not wanting to disrupt Redhawk’s grieving in any way, even with the smallest of sounds. Until the moment that the warrior displayed that she was ready to proceed, she would stay silent, acting as if she wasn’t there at all.

When the younger warrior finally spoke up, Drizzlecloud lifted her head, subconsciously mirroring her expression, giving her a sad smile of her own. She understood not wanting to believe something, even if you knew it to be true–she felt that way with the disappearance of her own mother, something that she had still yet to completely come to terms to. Every time it came to the forefront, she kicked it back into the dark, effectively ignoring it. She did the same thing now. “I hope she returns to you some day.”

When Redhawk had suddenly winced, Drizzlecloud lurched forward slightly to nose at her paw, both attempting to ease the pain with comfort and to remind her that she should keep off of it. “No, not broken. It seems to be sprained, however… So I suggest you take some time off for a few days, keep off of it. You have my orders–and permission–to sit out of warrior duties until I deem you prepared to return. You may slowly reintroduce yourself to tasks, take your time with the more difficult ones. Do not strain yourself.. Okay?”

[ @tallulah sorry for the late reply, been going through a lot of stress lately. ]

Old January 25th, 2024, 08:03 PM

Bump Policy: 1-2 days
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omari View Post
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud hadn’t heard Willowstripes arrive, but she noticed Springpaw stirring as if someone had entered. Odd, because she didn’t smell any blood, nor did she smell any sort of sickness either–her gaze shifted, head swiveling around to face the warrior who had arrived, looking hesitant and almost frightened.

Drizzlecloud, with what little hearing ability she had left in her left ear, tipped her head to the side and hummed thoughtfully.

“Here, let’s check your ears before we jump to any conclusions, shall we?” Drizzlecloud offered gently as she approached. Although, within her heart she felt that she should just tell this molly that she was experiencing hearing loss–perhaps there was a reason for it. Maybe there was something just stuck in her ear? Best to check and see. With a wave of her tail and a nod of her head, she gestured to an empty moss bed. “Here, come, I’m going to ask you to lay down so I can easily see inside of your ear to check and see if there is any blockages.”

[ @Samantha @eris sorry for the late reply, been going through a lot of stress lately. ]
Willowstripes self consciously went over to lay down. She only knew she should come over and lay down because of the wave of Drizzlecloud's tail and her gesture to the moss nest beside her.

(That's okay, I would like to have her become deaf if that is okay?)
@eris @Omari

The greatest thrill is to not kill but to let live -James Oliver Curwood
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:16-17‬ ‭NIV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/111/jhn.3.16-17.NIV

Last edited by Samantha; January 25th, 2024 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Forgot mention.
Old January 26th, 2024, 10:07 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

Today wasn't deemed to start as a good day. Springpaw had been feeling cold and feverish, feeling as if two halves were grinding against each other as her stomach whirled. Her nose had grown unreasonably numb from the frigid airs of the weather swarming its way through the dimmed daylights. The simple scent of herbs flooding her nostrils was more than enough to make the young molly hold the urge to vomit, her mind a haze as she felt detached from reality as it swept and swayed. The feverish ill didn’t disdain itself as much as her heavy heart did, only echoing the cacophonous chaos that had been swarming itself seamlessly for the last few days.

ThunderClan was a mess. A horrible, feeble mess that was tearing and ripping itself to pieces with each passing minute. Everything was just breaking down into a horrid mass that she couldn’t understand. Cats were going haywire, and now? Now messes were undoing and they couldn’t be fixed. Maybe they could be fixed, but Springpaw couldn’t tell. Everything was tearing apart like a scorching field of roses.

Everything had only just seemed to turn itself around to finally haunt her again. The unspeakable, unbearable horror that laid itself in her vision. It was endless, and the slandering of her inner consciousness only ceased to grapple at the fragile emotions that the dilute calico bore, only breaking and breaking her as it prodded at her sanity. Being a medicine cat was doing nothing but making her life harder, but did that mean that she was going to step down? No. She wasn’t going to allow her inner turmoils to take over and make her become nothing but a shield of cowardice and uncertainty. Not now, not ever. She won’t allow herself to compile with the same emotions that she struck with moons ago during the bloodcurdling battle on Sunkissed Creek.

Frustration bore itself into her veins, seeming like a snake baring its fangs into the flesh of prey. The frustration only proved itself notable from the fact that her claws kept hooking themselves into the near-solid soil beneath her paws. She wasn’t even quite sure why she was committing such a feat, but she couldn’t help herself from it. All it was doing was just making her frustrations worsen as they continued. Her nostrils flared, taking in a heavy whiff of the cold, frigid winter air that swarmed her lungs. However, the chilly freshness of the winter air wasn’t the only thing Springpaw detected, as a small whiff of blood briefly touched her nose as it came from the entrance, grappling her attention.

Without warning, Springpaw whipped her head around to face the mouth of the medicine den, her blue eyes adjusting to the pale light that eliminated itself through the narrowed entrance. It didn’t take long for the calico to recognize the feline entering the den without any warning, the arcid, tangible stench of blood practically overstimulating her nostrils as her stomach queasily quenched alongside the feverish chill that had overcome the young molly. What was wrong with her lately? Was she coming down with something? Stars, hopefully, that wouldn’t be the case. She couldn’t be going down with something while trying to assist the clan with anything important.

With difficulty, the molly swallowed down the bile that collected at the back of her throat as her heart raced against the odor of blood. Right, there was still a clan-mate inside the den needing to be checked out, and Springpaw desperately hoped that it wasn’t as bad as her inner consciousness was screaming at it to be. Feeling as if her limbs became sluggish from the cold, Springpaw hesitantly began to approach the being that had already slumped onto a random moss-bed. Well, at least she didn’t need to order them to go onto a moss-bed instead of standing around like a moonblinked owl. Her eyes blinked incessantly, studying the figure before her as she finally processed who exactly was in the den.

Mudhound. Bumblestar’s sibling. Springpaw didn’t know them much, but she knew them well enough that they were Bumblestar’s sibling, nonetheless. Plus, if she recalled, she could’ve sworn that they gave her a present at some point awhile back. Her mind was far too hazy to recall anything at this particular moment, especially with the fact that she had been feeling feverish as of late. Hopefully, it was just a good-for-nothing cold that’ll go along its way. Forcing her lips into an uptight smile, Springpaw focused herself on the feline as she sat beside them, her eyes lingering on the frostbite that was undeniably noticeable along the tripod’s single back leg. That had to be the reason why Mudhound was in here, right? There couldn’t be any other reason for why.

As much to her surprise, she noted zero critical wounds along their body- which, to be fair, is a good thing as Springpaw didn’t want to risk any blood being shed. Sighing, the calico began to gingerly use her paws to try to warm the leg back up, preparing to use her body heat to try to regain circulation towards the area. “Well… I can’t say… that my… day has… been good either…” Her voice was quiet, and she wasn’t even sure if Mudhound heard her or not, but that wasn’t even what the young healer was focused on. She needed to just get this leg warmed back up and then wrapped so it could fully recover. Then maybe give them a poppyseed or two to help them with the pain.

@Omari @Rani [ sorry! a little late, been busy with school ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; January 29th, 2024 at 11:59 AM.
Old January 26th, 2024, 03:52 PM

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

The tangy scent of blood alerted Drizzlecloud to yet another arrival, and she tipped her head to the right, peering at the figure looming in the entrance for but a moment before they made their way to an unoccupied nest instead. It wasn’t difficult for her to realize who it was–not many cats in thunderclan had only three legs, after all.

“Mudhound?” Their name slipped from her muzzle as a quiet question, sounding almost confused. Slipping out from the dim corner that she liked to hide away in, she approached her friend with her lips curled downwards. She sniffed at the blood that was splattered over their pelt, investigating to make sure that none of it was coming from any hidden away wounds–and by the looks of it, other than some scratches, there was nothing critical. The frost-bite that Springpaw was already tending to seemed to be the biggest concern, here.

“Do you mind if I ask you what happened? You don’t have to talk about it, if you don’t want to..” She nuzzled the warrior’s cheek with her own before she shifted her attention to their leg, gently brushing her fluffy tail over their thigh before she shifted to press the pads of her paws to their leg instead. “Are those cuts bothering you? I can get those cleaned up too, if you’d like.”

[ @Rani @eris ]

Old January 27th, 2024, 04:54 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

FUZZPAW
he/him. 9 moons. lanky yellow tom with golden, tan, and brown splotches; bright green eyes
( purrks ; silver tongue )

shivering like a leaf, fuzzpaw bolts into the medicine cat's den. his nose scrunches up at the strong smell of herbs, and he sticks out his tongue. "eeee-yuck!" he grumbles. "DRIZZLEEECLOUDD!! SSSPRINGPAW!" he yowls out, not quite realizing that there's really no need for all the yelling. he just wants to know what's wrong with his paws!! "I think I got a problem!! look - my pads are all red 'n they kinda burn but I dunno how cause it's cold out!"

[ @Omari @eris ]

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days