Today 11:29 AM
Closed Thread

Old February 22nd, 2023, 11:41 AM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Haven Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebles View Post
blushingkit sighed and rolled her eyes. "our clan has so many rules..." she yawned. "fine, we can go back."

she spun around as if checking her surroundings, then hesitantly gave raccoonpelt a questioning smile. "uh, which way is camp, again?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto! View Post

Icepaw nodded. "Sorry Racoon'Pelt, Ill go back." She apologized and ran back

~ Raccoonpelt opened his mouth but before he could say anything Icepaw had ran off back to camp. The tom sighed as he looked back at Blushingkit.

"Come on I'll carry you back."

The tom said as he leaned down and picked up the kit and headed back to camp with her while also making sure that Icepaws scent was lead straight back to camp. ~

Last edited by xavier.; February 22nd, 2023 at 11:41 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2023, 07:13 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Bittersneeze | He/Him
Tall pure white tomcat with striking blue eyes

There was a sense of lull in the afternoon, as the sun was lazily making its way between throngs of heavy snowflake filled clouds. There was bound to be another heavy snow fall before the true swing of spring was upon them, something Bittersneeze wasn’t all too excited for. Sure the ache of his bones would subside as it heated up, but the allergies would rise from the ground like the dead.

The white warrior was weaving his way between the dilapidated stones that made up the two leg structure. It’s back curved to the sun and its great stone legs thrust into cold ground.

He could find appreciation for two leg structures, there was security in a way that no clan cat would ever experience unless temporarily moving into their abandon structures. Which… clan cats were so violently against. Who could’ve guessed.. free mooches couldn’t step foot into abandon structures? A snicker left his lips as he made his way down another small embankment off the bridge and towards the springs, its salty and dull scent seemed to drift enticingly toward him.

@Faline

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old February 23rd, 2023, 01:23 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: Haven Springs

CLOUDJUMPER

Proudly leading the way, the massive warrior, along with the small siamese tomcat hopefully close behind, headed through the vastly dense forest that was RiverClan’s hunting grounds, down the familiar path that would take the two patrolmates to the well-known hot springs. The icy-mixture of snow and rain continued to pour onto his back and head, making Cloudjumper occasionally shake himself to sling the wetness off his curly black-and-white fur. "Honestly, I can't wait for newleaf." He commented, attempting to make idle conversation with Beansprout as they traveled together, "It'll be nice to have some warmer weather around here." Maybe it will also give the young tomcat a chance to brush up on his swimming technique, which he hadn't done much of since his assessment, but he didn't know if a spar session counted. Would Fawnlight want to sunbathe together during the warm days of greenleaf? He hoped so.

After awhile of walking, and even crossing over an abandoned twoleg bridge, they'd eventually make it there, as the black-and-white warrior could see the thick steam rolling off the shallow pools farther up the way. Cloudjumper would gently come to a stop and turn to Beansprout with a small smile. "Do you think we should split up and see what we both can find?" He suggested, although he'd be more than happy to carry out any other plan that the other tomcat may have in mind. "I'm down for whatever you'd want."

( @vellichor - no problem! take as much time as you need! )
Old February 24th, 2023, 01:43 PM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

((CLOSED, PUNISHMENT))

Blackstone walks towards the springs and he looks around for any cats. Thankful that no-cat is here to see his disgrace, the young tom makes his way to the trees as he waits for some type of prey to approach. When he sees a small flock of birds alight on the branches of a nearby bush, he slowly creeps towards them. He takes one from the edges of the group and it makes no noise as he kills it with a single swipe.

He creeps towards them, but they're spooked and fly up and away. He mutters a series of curses under his breath as he turns and opens his mouth, scenting the air. Blackstone smells a vole and he begins towards it before he pounces, killing it instantly.

The young warrior buries the prey before he strides to the water and looks down. He sees fish, but he's surprised they don't see him. He closes his eyes and opens them. Once finished, he flicks a paw into the water and pulls a plump fish out.

...bring back three pieces of prey... A voice reverberates in his head as he lifts the three creatures up and he begins to carry them towards the cap.

Story Writing(tips and others) |

Lynxfang - Beefed Up Tier One
Shatterpaw - Skip The Steps
Burnetkit - Silver Tongue and Mind Reader

Old February 27th, 2023, 02:52 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Bittersneeze | He/Him
Tall pure white tomcat with striking blue eyes

To be honest, today wasn’t the kind of day Bittersneeze wanted to spend any kind of time with another cat. He wanted to be alone, to talk to himself, so seeing another warrior appear out of the mist and beat him into the springs made his spine tingle. Nonetheless he approached, careful delicate steps until he reached the very edge of the water. He could feel the warmth from the ground already.

”I see someone else has my exact idea.” the warrior hummed between grit teeth as he gently slipped his way into the water. Feeling his body scrunch up at the sudden drastic temperature change.

Now that he was in he could get a better look at the feline he was joining. Her name seemed to escape him at the moment, but her face was familiar which was good enough for him.

//just getting my inspo for sneeze back! So excuse the crappy reply!

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old February 27th, 2023, 08:37 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Gingerfrost stepped back, letting room for Mintpaw to begin her hunting session. First things first, the scenting. It was fairly straight forward, though it was good to see her upon her maw when the air was starting to feel heavy with upcoming rain, that would make it simpler to scent out prey. And soon enough, Mintpaw was off. Gingerfrost kept a safe distance from where he could observe her stances and techniques well, all the while not scaring her prey away. Overall, it seemed acceptable. Mintpaw's posture was fine and her sneaking went without much trouble; while he'd be of the opinion she did take her pounce to the prey a bit long, and could see some splatters of blood covering her once light-coloured maw. Though, it was something difficult to avoid.

After being certain Mintpaw was done, Gingerfrost emerged from his hiding spot and padded up next to her; just as he thought, although the catch was relatively clean, it wasn't without some staining. There was worse however, and even experienced warriors still got their maws dirty. He gave a light a nod.
"You could try creeping closer to prey," though if those far leaps worked for her, he wasn't complaining. "And some snap their prey's neck in similar way, rather than bite. It keeps the catch cleanest. Were you able to tell what bird it was?"
Still, the tabby didn't look disapproving; Mintpaw did well. Only as Gingerfrost spoke, those dreaded drops of rain began to fall and he had to look towards the apprentice and in a slight of whether she wanted to try one more time before heading back or not (he wouldn't blame her if she didn't want to, it seemed like the weather would be getting bad).

[ @Wingnettle ]

Old March 1st, 2023, 02:43 AM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate

Bouncepaw padded into
the hot area. He was always
looking behind his shoulder
to make sure Almondmilk
was following him. He took
a look at his fish necklace
and wondered what Almondmilk
thought of it. He kept it for comfort
and safety. He stopped at the water.
”I-I can’t hunt land prey, so let’s
Just do water.”
he stuttered, a
small flint of anxiety forming in his
eye with sight. He put his paw into the
water and let fish swim up to it. He
Darted his head underwater, threw
The fish into the air and caught it.
He put it on the ground and took
A killing bite to its neck. He
chuckled awkwardly. ”Me and my
mentor hunt fish differently then
others.”
he said, his voice slowly
slowly sounding guilty as he looked at
The fish. It was almost as big
As him. He hates killing fish,
it was like killing another cat.
He stretched. ”Your turn.”he simply
said, backing up so she could catch
a fish.

{ @furrensic } }

Last edited by Caspian; March 3rd, 2023 at 06:46 PM.
Old March 1st, 2023, 12:10 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

┌────────── ∘・❄︎・∘ ──────────┐
Mintpaw (she/her)
Riverclan
White and gray siamese with blue eyes
└───────── ・∘ ❄︎ ∘・ ─────────┘

Gingerfrost's suggestion was useful; she wanted now to try one more time and sneak as close as possible to the next prey. She found it really rewarding when she could land neatly on her target's body, but there was something... something about the way their tiny, fragile bodies went limp. She could almost feel it, like an invisible wisp of life fading out slowly... Is there any Starclan for them? She hoped it was.

But the ginger-pelted deputy was talking again. She nodded softly. "Sparrow."
Riverclan didn't have such a wide variety of ground prey, so it wasn't so difficult to learn soon each one's specific scent.

The white siamese raised her head to the gray sky as the rain began falling down vigorously from the sky, plastering her pelt to her already thin silhouette.
The older she-cat looked expectantly at her, but Mintpaw already knew what they would do next.
"...Let's come back. I'll try another catch if I can scent something close enough."

They kept their pace slow enough so that the apprentice could have time to scent the air with attention, even though the rain was completely filling up her nostrils and she was starting to fear that it would cover up everything else.
However, as they approached camp she stopped and turned back. A curious green frog was croaking happily in a pool of water surrounded by mud.

· · ─────── ·✧· ─────── · ·

[ @Estelle ]
Old March 1st, 2023, 10:08 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by canineantics View Post
CLOUDJUMPER

Proudly leading the way, the massive warrior, along with the small siamese tomcat hopefully close behind, headed through the vastly dense forest that was RiverClan’s hunting grounds, down the familiar path that would take the two patrolmates to the well-known hot springs. The icy-mixture of snow and rain continued to pour onto his back and head, making Cloudjumper occasionally shake himself to sling the wetness off his curly black-and-white fur. "Honestly, I can't wait for newleaf." He commented, attempting to make idle conversation with Beansprout as they traveled together, "It'll be nice to have some warmer weather around here." Maybe it will also give the young tomcat a chance to brush up on his swimming technique, which he hadn't done much of since his assessment, but he didn't know if a spar session counted. Would Fawnlight want to sunbathe together during the warm days of greenleaf? He hoped so.

After awhile of walking, and even crossing over an abandoned twoleg bridge, they'd eventually make it there, as the black-and-white warrior could see the thick steam rolling off the shallow pools farther up the way. Cloudjumper would gently come to a stop and turn to Beansprout with a small smile. "Do you think we should split up and see what we both can find?" He suggested, although he'd be more than happy to carry out any other plan that the other tomcat may have in mind. "I'm down for whatever you'd want."

( @vellichor - no problem! take as much time as you need! )
Beansprout

He would never admit it out loud of course, but Cloudjumper's large size made it a bit difficult to keep up with him. Beansprout was a bit small for his age, and that wasn't doing him much of a favor. He hid his breathlessness the best he could by covering it with the occasional cough or clearing of his throat. This was even better when the other cat started talking. "Skies above, I can't wait either. I'm tired of this cold, icky weather. Even snow is better than whatever this is," he chuckled. Beansprout hadn't been to Haven Springs in... well, had he ever? He had heard of the place, of course, but it really was pretty. Cloudjumper's question distracted him from his thoughts and he considered. "Well, we really don't wanna stay out in this weather too long, or else we'll bring herbs and sickness to Stonepaw. So yeah, let's split up and see what we can find!"

With a nod towards the larger cat, Beansprout picked a direction and headed that way. As the warrior walked toward the hot springs, he could feel a tempting warmth radiating toward him. There wasn't even much snow on the edge of the springs! Surely, this would be a good place to find marigold despite the winter weather. As the siamese sniffed around, he caught a familiar pungent aroma seconds before seeing a flash of yellow-orange. There! It wasn't much, but surely four flowers would do. Carefully, gently, Beansprout nipped the base of the stems, then proceeded to grab them and carry them in his mouth. With that, he trotted back to where he had split with Cloudjumper, hoping the other tom had perhaps had a bit more luck.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old March 2nd, 2023, 11:12 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

Wormbite crawled through the frosty evergreen, ears alerting to the sounds around him as he crept after the mouse had been targeting. His nose twitching at its warm smell, it was only when the creature had darted up in surprise at something.. something that set it off, that Wormbite leapt forward from what he was. He pounced on the mouse with ease and delivered a swift killing bite.

==

It was the sounds of a crow that had brought Wormbite to a clearing. It was a broken cry, pain deep within its tone. It was clearly it had been hurt. The Dark Lord frowned, approaching the small crow that laid crooked on the ground. It attempted to peck at him, its cries becoming more desperate to get away from the predator. With one quick snap, it was done and so was Wormbite.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- easing back into roleplay / dealing with finals --
pronouns.cc
Closed Thread