Today 09:48 AM

Old August 17th, 2018, 09:22 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
they ddint know what to say, really. they had never talked about this with anyone. not luckynight, not shinefang, no one. but russet could relate the most, yeah? she was her father. the only cats that could relate how tragic her death was was russet and geckoleaf. and one of them was dead, so. "its okay..ill be okay." they mumbled, more to themselves than anyone else. they wanted to be okay so badly. but with everything riling up again they felt like they couldnt get a break. "the last time i.. had seen her is when she saved me in the flood awhile ago." they mewed, eyes squinting at the ground to try and remember the memory. they could remember how healthy and starry eyes she looked. how daydream wished they couldve gotten closer to her and nuzzled her face just like old times. but they couldnt. maybe in starclan, if daydream got ahold of their grudge towards them, who knew. "when i train heatherfur i still see her nest. i thought if...i thought if i smelled closely it would still have her scent on it, to remember." their tone was quiet. it bugged them. they had forgotten what she had smelt like because it had been so long. had it been fresh water of the riverclan rivers, or the thick scent of herbs from the medicine cat den? they..they just couldnt remember. right now it was only her scent, but what if they forgot her entirely? they would never forgive themselves. they looked away from the ground, up to russet. their were tears edging their eyes but they pushed them away, taking in a deep breath. they wouldnt cry. they wouldnt cry. "i know it must..be awkward, talking about my first love to her father after shes passed," they chuckled lightly, even if it held no humor or joy in it.
Russetstar had been ripped apart by Cricketpaw's death. Perhaps he'd never felt so awful about anything else in his life... even when the clan had taken priority over his family, as a leader... nothing that had happened to RiverClan overshadowed the grief he felt over his daughter's passing. It had made him more bitter than he'd liked— perhaps that was what had truly kickstarted his downfall as a leader, something that had lead him to despise Juniperpaw and blame Geckoleaf for not protecting his daughter. Two cats, related to each other... should never serve in those higher positions together. The only thing that could bring is disharmony... he'd seen it. "...It's alright. I understand... the pain of losing someone you love, it's unbearable." He choked out, before moving to nuzzle the Medicine Cat in a reassuring manner. "But it's nice to know I'm not alone in my grief, Daydream. It's... nice to know she had other cats who will miss her, too."
Old August 17th, 2018, 09:40 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring View Post
Russetstar had been ripped apart by Cricketpaw's death. Perhaps he'd never felt so awful about anything else in his life... even when the clan had taken priority over his family, as a leader... nothing that had happened to RiverClan overshadowed the grief he felt over his daughter's passing. It had made him more bitter than he'd liked— perhaps that was what had truly kickstarted his downfall as a leader, something that had lead him to despise Juniperpaw and blame Geckoleaf for not protecting his daughter. Two cats, related to each other... should never serve in those higher positions together. The only thing that could bring is disharmony... he'd seen it. "...It's alright. I understand... the pain of losing someone you love, it's unbearable." He choked out, before moving to nuzzle the Medicine Cat in a reassuring manner. "But it's nice to know I'm not alone in my grief, Daydream. It's... nice to know she had other cats who will miss her, too."
they felt comforted knowing that they werent alone. sure, russetfur didnt love cricketpaw the same way they did, but they still loved either no matter what. they rested their head on his shoulder. for the first time in awhile they didnt feel so alone anymore. sure they had luckynight or flashpaw, but nothing could relate to the bond they had with geckoleaf or cricketpaw, to find someone that could relate to you on that level, you know? to feel your pain. they probably both looked silly, crying against eachother on such a nice day in camp, but they didnt care, eyeing any cat who dared look at them for too long. "i miss things when they were simple, you know? before everything happened." they commented, starting to calm down as they looked along the clearing. little kits playing with their mothers tail, apprentices gossiping about how could catch prey the best, and so on. they missed that, when they didnt have a care in the world. but thats just life, they guessed, it grew harder and harder as time went on. but they cat cats who could relate to them like russet, and thats all that mattered. that they werent alone. they took a glance at a kit they saw in the clearing, playing around with its siblings with some moss. "when i have kits one day, you gotta stop by to meet them. even if im old and have to adopt them after i retire." they mewed, trying to bring the mood up a little bit. they didnt know how long they woulb be a medicine cat, or how long russet would be alive, but thats what theyw anted in the future.
Old August 17th, 2018, 09:54 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Quote:
they felt comforted knowing that they werent alone. sure, russetfur didnt love cricketpaw the same way they did, but they still loved either no matter what. they rested their head on his shoulder. for the first time in awhile they didnt feel so alone anymore. sure they had luckynight or flashpaw, but nothing could relate to the bond they had with geckoleaf or cricketpaw, to find someone that could relate to you on that level, you know? to feel your pain. they probably both looked silly, crying against eachother on such a nice day in camp, but they didnt care, eyeing any cat who dared look at them for too long. "i miss things when they were simple, you know? before everything happened." they commented, starting to calm down as they looked along the clearing. little kits playing with their mothers tail, apprentices gossiping about how could catch prey the best, and so on. they missed that, when they didnt have a care in the world. but thats just life, they guessed, it grew harder and harder as time went on. but they cat cats who could relate to them like russet, and thats all that mattered. that they werent alone. they took a glance at a kit they saw in the clearing, playing around with its siblings with some moss. "when i have kits one day, you gotta stop by to meet them. even if im old and have to adopt them after i retire." they mewed, trying to bring the mood up a little bit. they didnt know how long they woulb be a medicine cat, or how long russet would be alive, but thats what theyw anted in the future.
Russetswirl was used to looking silly... him and Daydream, they both had been high positions sometime in their lives, cats who had been stared at and picked out of a crowd as 'important'. Perhaps it was rather unfair, to be singled out so often by others, put up on such a high pedestal versus warriors who worked just as hard, and to be burdened with twice the stress as the average cat. But because he could relate to them, Russetswirl was here for them. They were like his own child, in an odd way... and he took care of them like one, even despite clan borders. "...Kits, huh? I thought you were a Medicine Cat, Daydream." He commented with a small chuckle, before flicking his tail in mere amusement and speaking once more. "...It's hard to imagine you retiring. I'll be an elder when you get to be my age... if I'm not with StarClan already, that is."
Old August 17th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
Dawnpaw was somehwat aware of the disdain between Fallenstar and Russetswirl, but she didn't pay close enough attention to it to relaly notice it as anything more than them simply not talking. "Oh, I'm sure he will yeah. He has to," she responded, nodding her head along with it. Despite her more innocent nature, the young apprentice looked up to Fallenstar, seeing past his sometimes grumpy exterior. Being leader had to be stressful, and she was certain that he was the best cat for the job. "Have you ever talked with him before? I've always wanted to, but he seems so..." the molly began, scrunching up her nose as she thought, trying to come up with the best word to describe it. He wasn't intimidating, but..."...Untouchable." It wasn't the best fit, but it was the best Dawnpaw could think of. She looked back at Cedarpaw, blinking in thought. "Like, I want to talk to him, but he probably has no idea who I even am. After all, my dad used to be a loner; he's not even full RiverClan."

Cedarpaw shook his head. "No, I don't want to talk to him though. He gives me weird... vibes. He doesn't seem very nice to me with the way he's been acting. Firehawk told me that he insulted Grousestar and Blazingstar's leadership!" he replied, his amber hues widening a little. "Grousestar of all cats too! I think he's the one that's been leader longer than all the other leaders!" he spoke, shaking his head a little bit. "Plus since he doesn't like my dad, I don't think he'd be very nice to be either," he spoke a little more sadly, scoffing the ground. "Windygale seems nice though," he continued, lightening back up as he looked at Dawnpaw again.

His head tilted a little bit at her last response. "So, you're part loner?!" he exclaimed. He didn't know that bit about Dawnpaw. His ears were perked towards her now, curiosity shining in his eyes.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old August 17th, 2018, 10:03 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Russetswirl was used to looking silly... him and Daydream, they both had been high positions sometime in their lives, cats who had been stared at and picked out of a crowd as 'important'. Perhaps it was rather unfair, to be singled out so often by others, put up on such a high pedestal versus warriors who worked just as hard, and to be burdened with twice the stress as the average cat. But because he could relate to them, Russetswirl was here for them. They were like his own child, in an odd way... and he took care of them like one, even despite clan borders. "...Kits, huh? I thought you were a Medicine Cat, Daydream." He commented with a small chuckle, before flicking his tail in mere amusement and speaking once more. "...It's hard to imagine you retiring. I'll be an elder when you get to be my age... if I'm not with StarClan already, that is."
"i am a medicine cat, that doesnt mean i dont want things too." they mewed softly. they thought about it alot, retiring early. early enough that they could live some of their life as a warrior. maybe have a mate and a family. that was long in their future, they were still pretty young, but its a thought that popped up often. "ive thought about stepping down from my rank when i know they can handle life without my skills. before kestrelberry just... dropped everything and left, i had no choice to step up, and give up everything i possibly wanted." but now they had flashpaw, they could have a choice again. maybe.. maybe they would. when they were ready too. being a medicine cats had its ups and downs. it was stressful, being the cat to pick up after clan wars and whatnot, healing everyone around them and having that spotlight on them at all times. but at the same time they loved helping others, whether they showed that or not, and it had helped them keep busy and feel needed when at their lowest. it would take alot of thought. "but thats awhile from now. besides, in my eyes youll live forever, so i have plenty of time." they chuckled. they could never seeing russetswirl..dying. he had lived through so much, you know? growing up during and evil era, rising to power and bringing your clan out of it, retiring to a warrior again and slowly growing closer to retirement. he probably had lots of stories to tell that daydream wanted their kits to hear one day.
Old August 18th, 2018, 05:27 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Quote:
"i am a medicine cat, that doesnt mean i dont want things too." they mewed softly. they thought about it alot, retiring early. early enough that they could live some of their life as a warrior. maybe have a mate and a family. that was long in their future, they were still pretty young, but its a thought that popped up often. "ive thought about stepping down from my rank when i know they can handle life without my skills. before kestrelberry just... dropped everything and left, i had no choice to step up, and give up everything i possibly wanted." but now they had flashpaw, they could have a choice again. maybe.. maybe they would. when they were ready too. being a medicine cats had its ups and downs. it was stressful, being the cat to pick up after clan wars and whatnot, healing everyone around them and having that spotlight on them at all times. but at the same time they loved helping others, whether they showed that or not, and it had helped them keep busy and feel needed when at their lowest. it would take alot of thought. "but thats awhile from now. besides, in my eyes youll live forever, so i have plenty of time." they chuckled. they could never seeing russetswirl..dying. he had lived through so much, you know? growing up during and evil era, rising to power and bringing your clan out of it, retiring to a warrior again and slowly growing closer to retirement. he probably had lots of stories to tell that daydream wanted their kits to hear one day.
"...I understand. When I was leader, I had been thrust into that sort of responsibility, too... it's confusing, and I'm proud of you for having become a respectable Medicine Cat, no matter when you retire." The warrior murmured with a supportive nod. "You've been training an apprentice, haven't you? When they get their first name... perhaps you'll finally be allowed a break." He chuckled, before shaking his head towards the other cat. Live forever... he knew that it wasn't possible. Perhaps it would be nice, but he'd reckon it would get lonely, being alive for as long as time... he would've damn himself to that sort of misery, outliving everyone else he cared for. "I won't live forever, but... I can promise you that even when I do pass, I'll keep watching you from StarClan. Death isn't the end of everything, I don't think."
Old August 19th, 2018, 03:37 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
"...I understand. When I was leader, I had been thrust into that sort of responsibility, too... it's confusing, and I'm proud of you for having become a respectable Medicine Cat, no matter when you retire." The warrior murmured with a supportive nod. "You've been training an apprentice, haven't you? When they get their first name... perhaps you'll finally be allowed a break." He chuckled, before shaking his head towards the other cat. Live forever... he knew that it wasn't possible. Perhaps it would be nice, but he'd reckon it would get lonely, being alive for as long as time... he would've damn himself to that sort of misery, outliving everyone else he cared for. "I won't live forever, but... I can promise you that even when I do pass, I'll keep watching you from StarClan. Death isn't the end of everything, I don't think."
"maybe," daydream said hopefully. they wanted a break, they really did. they wanted to just rest and not have to worry about training or healing or anything and just. stop everything. but they knew that they never could, despite how much stress it was, it was something that helped them keep busy to not think too much about everything. the losses they faced, what they saw when they fell asleep. they didnt want to think about that though, they wanted to think abotu good things. "no mater where you are im glad i have you." they sighed, more contently than before, starting to ease their nerves a bit. it had been a long time since daydream had seen russet, the last time had been when they were a mere apprentice actually. it was funny how time flew.
Old August 19th, 2018, 10:31 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
"you are," he purred proudly. so much had happened since hes seen his first litter of kits, but this..this was something else. he couldnt express how happy he was. he wasnt growing younger any time soon but..he was glad that he had got to see settingpaw before..something happened. "ive adopted so many..but cedarpaw is the one i think youre gonna love to meet," he purred,"oh - and russetstar..swirl, whatever your choosing would love to met you aswell." he smiled,"russet was there when..i thought i had lost you. he felt that loss just as much as i did, and im sure hed love to meet you too, after all this time." there were so many cats that settingpaw could meet that whisper wanted to show her, and he coulnt wait.

Settingpaw smiled as her father talked about his new family. She still felt some sadness about her original family that had gone their separate ways, but she was glad she was able to be a part of a new family, one that she felt like she would spend the rest of her life with. As Whisperblaze talked about Russetswirl, she nodded in understanding. She’d had Calia there with her through those hard times in her life. Even though Calia wasn’t part of a clan, she still had felt like family to Settingpaw. “Well I’m glad you had Russetswirl. Everybody needs that one special cat who will help them through everything.” She meowed, placing her tail on her father’s shoulder for a moment. She wondered what it would be like for herself if she found that cat. She knew that it could quite possibly be anyone, but she didn’t know many cats in her new clan yet. She’d learned some names, and was staring to out those names to faces. She hoped, soin enough, she would know every cat’s name in Riverclan. It was one way to prove her loyalty to the clan she shared part of her blood with.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old August 24th, 2018, 09:40 PM
customer service above

My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
His expression displaying contempt towards the disrespectful cat, Cypresspaw placed his tail over Saltpaw's shoulders, drawing her away from the nameless stranger, while still within range of sight. To think training would've lead to this disaster all along, or perhaps he was just making a bigger deal out of it in his head than it actually was. Nonetheless, they needed to get someone with authority involved, they'd know how to handle it. "You keep an eye on him while I go find Fallenstar," he instructed quietly, pausing for her confirmation before he took off.

@starfall
@CheetahPelt
@Orderly mage
@atlas
@starfall
@CheetahPelt
This plot crashed and died
Old August 24th, 2018, 10:36 PM
Create your own sunshine

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orderly mage View Post
@atlas
@starfall
@CheetahPelt
This plot crashed and died

(Without a cat of esteem its hard to question another cat.)