by Estelle
Last post by Estelle
Today 09:03 PM

Old October 19th, 2019, 01:36 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

"It's not my fault it complements my appearance," Lionstorm retorted with amusement before he settled down beside the rock. The cavern floor was icy to the touch, and contact with the Starstone wasn't much better. It was like sticking his nose in frozen water, but he didn't have a chance to recoil as darkness engulfed his vision.

When it cleared, he was in a starry forest-- a glade surrounded by trees with a tranquil creek flowing through the center. Any tension in his body was melted, and it was.. peculiar. This was just a stupid dream, he quickly determined. Maybe Lionstorm's body went into shock from the cold, and this was how his consciousness tried to pass the time while he laid dying in some distant cave. It wasn't like Fallenstar could bring him back to camp.

Before the creek, there was a collection of eight cats in a line. Lionstorm couldn't say he recognized any of them at a glance, though that remained to be seen. Maybe these would be more abominations from his dreams, nightmares that frequently plagued the little moments of rest he had.

@SpoopyStar
[ This leader ceremony is OPEN for anyone willing to give him a life. ]

[ Keep in mind: I do NOT want his lives to be traits he already has, and I would appreciate if you skimmed over Lionstorm's page to make sure you avoid repeating behaviors he already has. I want his lives to be unique and meaningful.

The only lives that are reserved are #5, the life of Forgiveness from Shatteredstar [ @Dipper ] and #9, the life of Appeasement from Fallenstar [ @SpoopyStar ]. Once someone posts with #4, please wait for Dipper to post before moving on to #6.

To keep this moving, I will be doing a mass reaction post at the end of the ceremony. Do not wait for my post in between lives. Thank you! ]
Old October 19th, 2019, 08:42 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

On the left-end of the line was an youthful gray tabby cat. Her head was lifted in a prideful manner as she gracefully weaved her way forward to greet Lionstorm. Her frame was barely visible against the clear, pristine water bubbling in the creek.

"Lionstorm," Her voice boomed with confidence, "I was a warrior in RiverClan before you were even a thought in your mothers head. My name is Phantomwhisper. I've come to give you the life of Choice." Her gaze softened, cool blue eyes locked in a sudden and intense silence as she leaned forward to let the life flow through-out the golden tabby. "You always have a choice and there is no right or wrong answer... only what you believe is best. You choose to live your life in solitude or with family, to let yourself heal from your past... or let it define who you are. With this life comes a great responsibility. Each choice you make will come with repercussions, from those who oppose your ideals or help challenge your ways of thinking. Learn to understand the meaning behind their decisions." A memory of Phantomwhisper may flash in front of Lionstorm's eyes. It looked to be a patrol. 'Badger' dripped from the tongues of the ghostly figures, their faces blurred. It had been long ago. A hunt for a Badger in the territory. She had gone with the patrol, shining with confidence with barely any old age poking through her light gray pelt. The fight had been glorious - any warrior would have been proud too defend their clan from the beast -, but Phantomwhisper had been struck during battle. While she lay in the medicine den alone, her wounds too grievous to heal, she reflected on her life. And she was filled with regret for her past decisions. Pushing her family away... Neglecting her children on a quest to achieve greatness... She was meant to be the best! She was meant to lead RiverClan to greatness one day! Her eyes slipped down as her vision began to fade. Phantomwhisper had fallen prey to her over-confidence and prideful ambition, which had led to her untimely death... and she paid for it by spending her last moments on earth alone.

These had been her choices...

Once the StarClan feline had finished, she paced backwards. Her expression was unwavering, staring deep into him. With a simple dip of her head, Phantomwhisper took her place back in the line-up, but not without one last comment,

"RiverClan will thrive."

@BILL.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; October 19th, 2019 at 08:42 AM.
Old October 19th, 2019, 09:55 AM
~Your infamous Cat-mother

My Mood: Spooky

Seeing Phantomwhisper trekking away from Lionstorm's muscular form, a small kitten tumbled on large mittens to take her place, head lifted in a regal sense and eyes glistening with knowledge beyond her years. "I'm Boulderkit. I may be small, but my home is in Starclan now, and I've come to present you with your second life," Her voice was squeaky but bold, and she craned her neck to touch Lionstorm's nose with her own, her mittens leaning against his chest to support her small body. "I grant you the Life of Closure. Move forward past grief and any other troubles, and be the optic of hope for your clan in the darkest of times," The kitten let a memory pass on to Lionstorm - a hawk swooping down and grabbing the trembling kitten in it's talons, waking up in Starclan thinking she was back in her nest, watching from Starclan as her mother drowned in grief and was never the same again. "She never got over my death, and eventually left the clans. I can't reach her any more and I have no idea where she is. Don't let grief overcome you and your clanmates. Remain strong." Without another word, the kitten padded off to join the ranks of her other starry comrades, the glistening mist of Starclan shrouding her velvety silver pelt from view.
@BILL.

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~Marilyn Monroe

Charrie site coming soon!

Last edited by Haunted; October 19th, 2019 at 09:57 AM.
Old October 19th, 2019, 01:36 PM
I'm a group of stars

My Mood: Distracted

@BILL.

A large cat, with one ear completely slashed off and a tawny-colored tabby pelt approached the golden-colored cat with an indifferent expression. Burnishedscar had seen his fair share of battles and everyone knew it. His scent was one of dewy nights and dry reeds. The large tabby tom stopped right in front of him, dark green eyes shifting downwards to meet Lionstorm's.

"I am Burnishedscar, a former warrior of your clan." His thick Russian accent growled through his words. "I am to give you the life of Self-control. Everyone needs it, and yet so few have enough of it. Use it well to give yourself control over your inner urges, and over the darkness inside you."

And with that, Burnishedscar tipped his head down and placed his nose upon the yellow tom's head. A cold feeling rushed through him as his life ebbed into Lionstorm. His life was filled with pain, and rage until he was finally put into his place. All because he didn't have enough self-control, and gave into the darkness inside his heart. Inside of every cat's heart, there was darkness, but you had to have a lot of self-control to not give in.

Burnishedscar strode back into the fog surrounding the ethereal clearing. His dark brown pelt faded into the grey until only his dark green eyes were left, and even those faded as well.

Last edited by .:Virgo:.; October 19th, 2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old October 20th, 2019, 04:16 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

@BILL.

As the last cat rejoined the starry ranks, a scrawny, yet tall, white-and-grey splotched tom trotted forward to meet the new leader of RiverClan. With his lanky limbs, he stood about a head taller than the golden tabby.

"Greetings, Lionstorm. I am Gullsplash." The tom's voice was high-pitched, and his eyes seemed to blaze with excitement like a wildfire.
"I hereby grant you the life of Patience. Use it to undertake calm, rational decisions, and don't let your emotions cause you to leap to conclusions and make hasty choices that you may regret one day." The light tom craned his neck to touch his nose to Lionstorm's, throwing him into a spiral that felt of anger and lost-tempers.

This life showed Lionstorm a vision from the perspective of the lanky tom, as he lunged through the undergrowth of the forest as a young warrior. He felt the fire of the chase in his heart as he ran, driving out a cat who smelled of a different clan. It was his chance to prove himself a loyal RiverClan cat! He may not have been born into this clan, but it was his home now. Though the driving rain stabbed at the tom's eyes and weighed down his usually light pelt, he kept going and going, his eyes locked on the rain-spattered pelt ahead of him. Before he knew it, the cat had leapt into the air, clearing an obstacle that went unseen to the limber cat who was giving the chase. The river. He was moving too quickly to register the sight that stretched in front of him, and when he tried to skid to a stop, the mud under his paws stopped any form of traction, and the pale cat went sliding into the churning, flooded river, sending him crashing below the surface of the brackish water, never to emerge alive.

"Remember to take it slow when making important choices," Gullsplash spoke, pulling the soon-to-be-leader out of the vision. His whiskers twitched and the corners of his mouth were raised in a slight smirk. "I may be using my death as a metaphor for you, but it's just as important any way you think of it. If you do things you might regret, then, well...uh, you'll regret them." The awkward tom gave a shrug, not great at speaking. To save himself from further embarrassment, he darted quickly back into the star-covered line of cats, his thin tail whipping behind him.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old October 20th, 2019, 05:05 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

A broad-shouldered and muscular she-cat emerged from the crowd of starry warriors, her gait unusual in its clumsy stiffness from a misstructured hip. She paused in front of Lionstorm and raised her green eyes to stare into the reflection of herself waiting in dichromatic stoicism, expression unreadable. "Listen, pal," Shatteredstar began, "Who I am isn't relevant, but know I've led my share of Clans. I've seen every mistake in the stars." Her leveled pause and unwavering gaze said it all, I know who you are. I know your type. If this is what SkyClan had become, Shatteredstar was determined to ensure old missteps that'd fractured their unity wouldn't be repeated. "You think you're powerful, but you have no idea." Shatteredstar shook her head slowly. "I will tell you the secret, Lionstorm. Real power is when someone has indisputably wronged you, and you have every reason to hold onto your hate -- but you don't. Instead, you say, 'I forgive you.'" Shatteredstar let that sink in for several moments, already gauging the initial resistance it was bound to receive from a cat who'd never been caught the art of pardoning, allowing that to pass as he would eventually settle into an understanding of the control this brought. Prompting him, she questioned, "Do you understand?"

SkyClan had been divided for too long over unresolved arguments, and it was only forgiveness that'd enabled them to fit the pieces together again. Even though they were no longer DawnClan and DuskClan, it would never be the same, she'd lost too much in the meantime. Leaning forward to close the distance between her and Lionstorm, Shatteredstar intended to aid his understanding in providing the sensation of years of inward struggle, the internalized fury that wore on its captor more than its target, the nights of wishing ill upon someone, sheer anguish and helplessness. The sole respite from the massive negative energy was a sudden calm, the total expulsion of it after an extension of forgiveness. A gulp of fresh air, the ability to breathe again--it was a chance to start anew and banish tiresome grudges.

Shatteredstar broke the contact, taking a few paces backward to offer closing thoughts. "You will be angered by the actions of others. There's no end to the mouse-brains, the immoral fiends, the shifty deputies, or the uncaring leaders of the forest. Their short-sighted behaviors are beyond your control. What is within your control is the choice to forgive them when there is plenty of justification not to." Shatteredstar turned away with her head high, returning to the starry figures but stopping short to glance over her shoulder. Although it was spoken harshly, a quiver of emotion twisted her parting warning, "Do not mess up my Clan worse than I did." And then, she had disappeared.

@BILL.

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; October 20th, 2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old October 20th, 2019, 07:41 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

@BILL.

Next from the stars stepped out a small tom, scrawny and aged. He bore a white pelt with brown tabby splotches, many scars, and bright green eyes that beamed up at Lionstorm with a spirit much younger than he looked.

"Greetings, Lionstorm." he spoke smoothly, with a voice much richer than expected from his size, "My name is Chestnutfall. You may have heard of me – I died shortly after your promotion to deputy." Looking back on his death was embarrassing, but his starvation had simply become inevitable. "All my life, I had dedicated myself to helping others, constantly giving and serving and being the most reliable Clanmate I could be." He smiled in remembrance of the many friends he had made, proud to still be able to watch over many of them to this day. "I have experienced loss, love, heartbreak, success, failure, and I have learned so much from the relationships I have created and lost over my lifespan. But little did I know, I had forgotten to take care of myself between the sidelines. Stubbornness had gotten the best of me, and I hadn't realized the direness of my health until my senior years as a warrior. By that time it was too late to recover, and it was hard for me to gain weight, keep stamina, or do much of anything." Chestnutfall lowered his head. "I could have lived much longer, Lionstorm. And I am greatly ashamed to admit this. Don't make the same mistakes I did."

Glancing back up at the yellow feline, Chestnutfall sighed, trying to shake off the heavy topic. "So with this life, I give you Devoted Balance." Chestnutfall's gaze blazed at the mentioning, "Use it wisely to distribute time between your work life and personal life. Always be there for others, but remember your work is not everything, and while you are a leader, it is still your responsibility to take care of yourself, too." With that said, he planted his nose on Lionstorm's head, transferring the life with a warm rush. Good feelings of love and kindness towards others came with it, all his years of companionship would fill Lionstorm's heart. But along with it came the deep, empty, hollowed pain of loss, regret, and self-loathing. It would empty Lionstorm's stomach and drain his energy, fatiguing him the same way Chestnutfall felt during his last moments in life – torture. It was all the things he wished he didn't ignore.

Once the life was completely given, Chestnutfall dipped his head goodbye, and trailed back into the depths of stars and darkness.

Last edited by Doom; October 20th, 2019 at 11:32 PM.
Old October 21st, 2019, 09:38 AM
Lullaby for a princess

My Mood: Breezy

@BILL.

A large starry tom emerged from the crowd, ears pricked in anticipation for himself and Lionstorm. He made his way slowly over to the tom, giving him time to recover only slightly from the shock of the life he was just given. He stood confident in front the tom, twitching his whiskers in a simple greeting. "My name is Longstride, though who I am is not point. This night is about you."The tom leaned over, nose inches form Lionstorms. "I give you the life of Perspective, so that you might see every angel of whatever issue tries to dull your clans path. Life is too short to make rash decisions." The tom pressed his nose to Lionstorms

Lionstorm was forced into the cats memory of death. The tom was in the river, water rushed over the tom as his claws sunk into the earth of the bank, he reached for the closest the option of rescue. His claws tried to dig into the rock he had chosen but he was becoming tired and it was impossible to penetrate the stony surface, the tom cried out in hopelessness as he was plunged back into the water. He opened his eyes underwater only to notice a soft branch that would've given him chance to escape. He spend his last moments staring at that branch.

"Good luck."The starry tom flicked his tail and he turned and trotted into the crowd again.He watched the ceremony from afar.

Last edited by sunflowerseed; October 21st, 2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old October 21st, 2019, 03:35 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

There was too much going on at once. Lionstorm's stomach twisted with discomfort at the first entity's mention of his mother. What was this shade trying to tell him? That it was her choice to abandon him in the territory, left to be plucked away by some bird?

No, he realized as her nose touched his head. This wasn't about her, this was about his choices and how it might impact him in the future. He could feel her pride, the ambition to be the greatest only to fall short by a simple mistake.

It left him feeling hollow, a sensation of emptiness at the thought of being alone.

When the kitten approached him, the first thing Lionstorm felt toward her was pity. She was tinier than most of the kittens he'd seen!

A life of closure. Lionstorm wanted to laugh. He didn't need closure, he was fine-- this was fine. But Boulderkit seemed to think otherwise when her touch left him recoiling from pain.

He didn't experience this with his last 'life'-- it was like his pelt was being ripped into by talons, shredding into every fiber of his being until it ebbed into nothingness. What kind of sick prank was this? Lionstorm was under the impression this was some.. nightmare, and he wanted to wake up. Now.

But he didn't, and instead another cat approached. Self-control? Darkness? These cats were speaking nonsense. Lionstorm was as pure as they come, the most rational, respectable cat in River--

Another flinch back at the pain, somehow worse than his previous flare. The impulsive itch at his paws was ebbing, if only slightly. Why..

Lionstorm was beginning to grow frustrated, irked that his urge to act without thinking was being limited. He didn't need these 'lives', he was doing well without them. RiverClan was doing great.

It felt like they were tearing him apart at his core.

At least the next cat seemed more pleasant, and almost instantly Lionstorm felt a sort of.. connection? to him. Gullsplash? He didn't recognize the name, and he didn't care for patience, but he understood the need to prove himself to the Clan. Neither of them had RiverClan blood, but it didn't change that it was their home.

The sensation of drowning was something Lionstorm couldn't shake, not when it felt like there was a heavy pressure in his chest and he couldn't breath. He wanted to, so desperately, but when he tried he choked on nothingness. It wasn't as painful as some of his other lives, but.. it definitely left an impact. He didn't plan on going near the river anytime soon.

And when Gullsplash was gone, another cat took his place. A powerful she-cat who's mere presence demanded respect, and Lionstorm couldn't help but give it. She was captivating, imposing, and..

She made a lot more sense to him than these other cats. To forgive was a more powerful move than to hold onto grudges. That, Lionstorm could get on board with. He liked his power trips.

Maybe not the pain, though. This time, it was like he was on fire-- his sense of anger and resentment burning away into the cool sensation of a calm peace. There was no tension under his skin, only the relaxation that came from moving forward.

If Shatteredstar could be sure of anything, it'd be that Lionstorm would do his best to protect RiverClan.

The next cat was someone he barely recognized, and if it weren't for him introducing himself, Lionstorm wouldn't be able to tell him more. He couldn't recall seeing much of this.. Chestnutfall around RiverClan. Did he actually go on patrols..? Lionstorm thought for sure if that was the case, he'd have seen him more.

Lionstorm wasn't Chestnutfall. He served his Clan to the best of his ability but he wasn't stupid. He made sure to keep himself in pristine condition-- how else would he be so handsome?

The emotions and pain that followed weren't something Lionstorm wanted to experience again, anyway. It seemed like too much negativity for one cat. A needless waste of energy Lionstorm didn't care for.

But he seemed to be nearing the end, letting out an uneasy huff as the fatigue faded only for the next cat to approach.

Another cat telling him he was rash? Lionstorm wanted to take offense. He had two eyes, he wasn't blind. He definitely looked at all angles before making a decision. Kind of. Not really.

Okay, so maybe he should be better about it. But it worked out for RiverClan so far, didn't it? They were the strongest they'd ever been, and had more territory to show for it.

Another sensation of drowning crashed over him in a wave, and Lionstorm was glad he didn't join this Drowned Party when he was participating in the swimming competition. Dying like that must've been awful, and it wasn't on his to-do list.

But that didn't cover the pain he felt, the clear-sightedness that opened his eyes to the perspectives from the other Clans. Frostflight. And he hated that.

He didn't want this understanding. He liked things the way they were before.

"Lionstorm."

The next cat to speak was an elderly tabby tom, his sharp golden eyes seeping beneath Lionstorm's pelt as he regarded him. "It's been a long time since we've seen each other last. Let us hope you don't repeat your actions of the past."

Crossing the starry clearing, he pressed his nose to the top of Lionstorm's head. "The life I give you is regret. The choices you make will have consequences, ones that will affect the lives and well-being of your Clan-mates and others, and it will become your duty to repent for your wrong-doings. Everything that happens will be on your paws because of your choices, not the paws of others."

Lionstorm felt a flicker of recognition of this tom, though his name was outside his reach-- and the pain that came with this life was one he couldn't shake. It was crippling, to the point in which Lionstorm was sinking toward the ground, and it came with an overwhelming sense of remorse. Regret of how he had treated some cats in the past-- especially Fawnpaw, one of the only consistencies in his life.

Hawkstar's unsympathetic gaze lingered on Lionstorm. "You destroyed my Clan once, and I regret not being able to stop you before. You have an opportunity to make things right-- don't throw that away." On that note, Hawkstar turned away, reclaiming his spot among the collection of spirits that attended the ceremony.

All that was left was Fallenstar.

Lionstorm didn't understand why he seemed to be the final cat in the lineup. He wasn't dead, and if this was the so called StarClan, wouldn't it be another ghost?

It seemed the eighth cat was aware of his confusion, as Hawkstar was the first to speak. "It is unusual for a leader to make the journey here and relinquish their leader lives to us as a resignation. Because of this, Fallenstar, you are being granted the opportunity to pass the ninth life you received from us to Lionstorm. Use this gift wisely."

@SpoopyStar

Last edited by Fawn; October 21st, 2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 12:06 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

He watched as the tabby pressed his nose against the rock, his stomach feeling heavy as it finally settled in. This was the end of his leadership. He would be lying if he said he wasn't even a little bit dissapointed. But he supposed he was attacked and fell in that hole for a reason. If things stayed the same, the clan wouldn't have room to grow.

Moments behind Lionstorm, he too pressed his nose against the cold rock. Sparks and jolts of energy shot through his body. His muscles remembered the burst of adrenaline as if it was yesterday. The brief moments of overwhelming power as he made his way to the land where his ancestors walked. But he was better than he was seasons ago. He wasn't unsure, his judgement wasn't clouded. He was sure of what he wanted now. He saw where he wanted to go and his goals.

He faded into the other world, yet he was facing Lionstorm, sitting next to some familiar faces, other's not so familiar. Some pelts more faded than others. Some younger, some older. Yes. This all felt so familiar, but he was on the other side of the looking glass. His stomach was doing flips, something he hadn't felt in moons. Uncertanty.

Fallenstar watched as Lionstorm received his lives. Ears flicked fowards as he watched the toms reactions. Pain. He seemed to be in unbearable pain? Surely it was a mistake, a test by Starclan. He didn't feel quite as much pain as he believed the tabby was. Yet. With each life he watched the tom flinch, choke, wheeze. 'What is this? A new test? Are they seeing if he's truly strong enough to be a leader?'

Than a tom stepped forwards, one he had never seen before. Yet he talked to his deputy as if they were old friends...old somethings, that is. Confusion clouded all of his senses as he gave Lionstorm a confused look, complimenting how he was feeling. Surely this tom had confused him for someone else he knew in the past? Could his ancestors do that? After the black feline heard Hawkstar mention 'Destroying his clan' than he was almost positive he had the golden tabby confused for someone else.

Than that tom turned his attention to him. One look in the eyes made Fallenstar rethink his opinion on his 'mix up' about Lionstorm. "I will. Thank you." he said, bowing his head. He lingered there for a few moments. Unmoving. What life was he to give his hothead of a deputy? They all had such signifigant lives to give. What has he poured into his own life as of late? What has he done to give his life a meaning? Worth passing down to his successor?

Finally. The beat up tom lifted his head and walked towards Lionstorm. Lapis eyes flickered with a light of determination. "Lionstorm. I pass unto you, the last life I recieved when I became Riverclans leader. My final leader life." he began. "With it, I give you the life of Appeasement." he stated. There was no room for questioning, or second guessing. This is what he was going to give his deputy. His leader. "Not all wars had to happen. Not all cats who died had to. May you use this life to realize, it's sometimes best to step away from the flames rather than feed them." All the clanmates he'd lost. Those two kits. Rowanshade. His mother. Honeypool. Waterstreak. They tried so hard to pacify those around them too angry and hot headed to realize what they were doing. He'd admit he was one of those arrogant felines.

He pressed his nose against his head and pushed all his emotions into the tom. The unbearable sadness from loosing so many family members. The sickly unease he felt as he lead so many warriors and apprentices to their doom. The blind hatred he felt towards Waterstreak, and the feeling of complete weakness he felt after he murdered the tom. He poured it all out into Lionstorm, seasons and seasons of nothing but death and destruction and sadness. Just because he was too proud to be looked down upon. Not that he wasn't still, he just liked to think he was a little smarter when it came to choosing what battles to fight.

After a moment, Fallenstream pulled away and looked at the other. Than stepped back a few pawsteps, not completley joining the ranks of the dead.

@BILL.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us

Last edited by Starfall; October 22nd, 2019 at 12:10 AM.