Today 10:30 PM

Old October 5th, 2019, 02:25 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Troubled Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperCreates View Post
@Dipper

Well, the RiverClan expedition into ThunderClan had been kind of a bust. Not only had they barely made any contribution at all, but it had seemed like Flintstar didn't even want their help. He wished he could have done more, that he could have made any sort of notable difference in the rival clan's unfortunate situation, but alas. At the very least, however, it had given Eagleflight something to think about that didn't involve the controversial patrol he'd went on prior to that excursion.

But now that the patrol had returned to camp, the russet tom's mind was back to agonizing over his wrongdoings. He had to talk to someone about this, and he knew who that had to be. He only hoped that he'd waited a suitable amount of time before bringing it up, and that it wouldn't be too uncomfortable a topic. He also hoped that the particular apprentice wouldn't find it too strange that the warrior wanted to talk with him so desperately. None of the other warriors that had been on Lionstorm's patrol that night seemed to care half as much. Most of the cats involved had absolutely abhorred the idea altogether, and had refused to take part. But Eagleflight, in his blind faith to his deputy, had followed instructions without question. And now he was paying the price, by being forced to solemnly stew in his emotions alone. He shook his head, and forced himself to leave his nest in the warrior's den and step into the clearing, looking around for one cat in particular.

"Fawnpaw?" the tom called out quietly when he finally spotted the younger cat in the clearing. His voice portrayed urgency, but he stifled it enough so as to not draw attention from clanmates that didn't know what had happened. His amber eyes shone with anxiety unlike any he'd experienced before. He couldn't believe he had the audacity to doubt his deputy's orders like this. "Do you have a minute to talk?"
As he gazed into the stars dotting an endless sky, Fawnpaw tried to focus on the little things: like the beautiful imagery, the bountiful nature that RiverClan was surrounded by, the faint song of a final cricket that didn't know leaf-fall had arrived. He was grateful Lionstorm's insomnia hadn't drawn him to the clearing tonight because that was one individual he was certain wouldn't align with the rest of the tranquility. Fawnpaw let his eyelids droop closed while attempting to block out the scent of smoke still attached to his pelt, focusing on slowing his racing thoughts to a minimum if he wished to get any sleep. It wasn't that he enjoyed nights under the stars, but he figured he may as well have one since he had no nest either way, thanks to Lionstorm's recent revenge-destruction of it. If there was a bright side, it was that he had an excuse to avoid the apprentices' overcrowded den this evening, and for the foreseeable future.

When he heard his name, he thought he was imagining it until... no, it was too real, not an echo within his mind. Fawnpaw blinked his eyes open and sat up, confused, until his attention landed on Eagleflight. "Uh, hey," he greeted, then cleared his throat to erase the hoarseness that'd come from breathing ashy air. The sense of urgency in his meow was alarming, and as he rose to his paws to advance toward Eagleflight, he inquired, "Are you... okay?" There was something about his demeanor that didn't suggest this was a casual chat between two insomniacs. "But yeah, we can chat." He cast a single glance over his shoulder to ensure their privacy remained in tact, then he considered what to talk about, finally settling on, "It's weird how it feels like you can't breathe when you're, like, facing into the wind, isn't it? You'd think that'd help--" Fawnpaw stopped abruptly, then flushed. "..Oh. You probably had a topic in mind already, huh? Um.. you go."

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old October 5th, 2019, 03:47 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

As he gazed into the stars dotting an endless sky, Fawnpaw tried to focus on the little things: like the beautiful imagery, the bountiful nature that RiverClan was surrounded by, the faint song of a final cricket that didn't know leaf-fall had arrived. He was grateful Lionstorm's insomnia hadn't drawn him to the clearing tonight because that was one individual he was certain wouldn't align with the rest of the tranquility. Fawnpaw let his eyelids droop closed while attempting to block out the scent of smoke still attached to his pelt, focusing on slowing his racing thoughts to a minimum if he wished to get any sleep. It wasn't that he enjoyed nights under the stars, but he figured he may as well have one since he had no nest either way, thanks to Lionstorm's recent revenge-destruction of it. If there was a bright side, it was that he had an excuse to avoid the apprentices' overcrowded den this evening, and for the foreseeable future.

When he heard his name, he thought he was imagining it until... no, it was too real, not an echo within his mind. Fawnpaw blinked his eyes open and sat up, confused, until his attention landed on Eagleflight. "Uh, hey," he greeted, then cleared his throat to erase the hoarseness that'd come from breathing ashy air. The sense of urgency in his meow was alarming, and as he rose to his paws to advance toward Eagleflight, he inquired, "Are you... okay?" There was something about his demeanor that didn't suggest this was a casual chat between two insomniacs. "But yeah, we can chat." He cast a single glance over his shoulder to ensure their privacy remained in tact, then he considered what to talk about, finally settling on, "It's weird how it feels like you can't breathe when you're, like, facing into the wind, isn't it? You'd think that'd help--" Fawnpaw stopped abruptly, then flushed. "..Oh. You probably had a topic in mind already, huh? Um.. you go."
Eagleflight was briefly amused at how quickly Fawnpaw jumped into casual conversation. It made him feel almost guilty for thinking of bringing up such a somber topic.
"Yes, I, well..." He knew the deputy sometimes prowled around at night, so the red warrior looked around to make sure he was nowhere in sight. He may be questioning Lionstorm's motives, but Lionstorm didn't have to know that.

"It's about the patrol we were on in ShadowClan, the one with Lionstorm." He sighed, wondering if they should leave camp to talk about it. There wasn't much activity happening at this hour, but still, being overheard wouldn't be good, when the patrol's actions were supposed to be secretive.
"I can't stop thinking about it, Fawnpaw. I feel awful, both for what I did and for doubting Lionstorm at all. It all just feels so wrong, and I don't know who else I can turn to but you. You were there, and you know him better than anyone. I have to ask your opinion on the whole situation. I have to know I'm not alone."

Once he'd started speaking, the words wouldn't stop spilling from his mouth. He felt like he'd droned on and on, feeling some kind of weight lifted from his shoulders for even stating the vague things he'd just said. He hoped the spotted apprentice would understand him.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old October 5th, 2019, 04:18 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperCreates View Post
Eagleflight was briefly amused at how quickly Fawnpaw jumped into casual conversation. It made him feel almost guilty for thinking of bringing up such a somber topic.
"Yes, I, well..." He knew the deputy sometimes prowled around at night, so the red warrior looked around to make sure he was nowhere in sight. He may be questioning Lionstorm's motives, but Lionstorm didn't have to know that.

"It's about the patrol we were on in ShadowClan, the one with Lionstorm." He sighed, wondering if they should leave camp to talk about it. There wasn't much activity happening at this hour, but still, being overheard wouldn't be good, when the patrol's actions were supposed to be secretive.
"I can't stop thinking about it, Fawnpaw. I feel awful, both for what I did and for doubting Lionstorm at all. It all just feels so wrong, and I don't know who else I can turn to but you. You were there, and you know him better than anyone. I have to ask your opinion on the whole situation. I have to know I'm not alone."

Once he'd started speaking, the words wouldn't stop spilling from his mouth. He felt like he'd droned on and on, feeling some kind of weight lifted from his shoulders for even stating the vague things he'd just said. He hoped the spotted apprentice would understand him.
Although he'd already checked once, Fawnpaw peered around as Eagleflight did, becoming curious as to how confidential this meeting was supposed to be if it required triple-checking to ensure nobody would overhear. Through a mumble, he attempted to be reassuring, "There aren't going to be many cats awake at this hour, much less... out here. I was only in the clearing because, uh, my nest.. kind of was destroyed. I don't know if you overheard that." The rest of the patrol hadn't been far behind, and Lionstorm was incredibly loud.. so he imagined it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

Fawnpaw listened carefully, eyes bright and ears tilted forward in interest, while Eagleflight explained his emotional strife. Despite being unprepared for the gravity of the situation, he stayed calm and quiet, finding a comfort in his initial speculation being somewhat close to the reality. It was odd how a cat so conflicted by Lionstorm's plot could be like the villain himself, these talks of morality and I'm not the bad guy, please just tell me I'm not the bad guy. Except Eagleflight's was... not as rough around the edges. However, the vagaries left Fawnpaw in the dark about what he was hoping to gain from this, so he let out a wavering hum to gather his thoughts. "So... wait, you feel awful for doubting Lionstorm?" he clarified, eyebrow hitching. "Look, Lionstorm's a jerk-- I would honestly be more concerned if you didn't doubt him. We were friends before he was promoted, and he was still the same insecure pain in the tail that he's always been, only difference is now he gets more attention when he has his tantrums." After that was out, he fell into a joyless chuckle at the rather harsh judgment but shook his head, struggling to conjure the sympathy under the circumstances.

Fawnpaw recognized it was addressing a mere half of the complex dilemma, but that was the extent of what he'd tackle before he had a better gauge of where Eagleflight was at with this.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old October 5th, 2019, 11:35 PM
The lone cat

My Mood: Chatty
Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Snowfang woke up realizing that he fell sleep in some reeds near the river he looked around seeing if any riverclan cats didn’t get his scent or he would be dead on sight but he didn’t know that his tail was sticking out of the reeds
Old October 6th, 2019, 11:16 AM
I'm a Sunflower

My Mood: Cheerful

n through the territory, going straight to the river.
@Spider-Leap
Old October 6th, 2019, 11:19 AM
--

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Silverkit~ View Post
n through the territory, going straight to the river.
@Spider-Leap
Shadowpaw was still embarrassed when Lionstorm had saw him lying in the clearing. His thoughts trailed off as he suddenly tripped over Splshpaw's tail. "S-Sorry.." he mumbled.
Old October 6th, 2019, 12:01 PM
I'm a Sunflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Leap View Post
Shadowpaw was still embarrassed when Lionstorm had saw him lying in the clearing. His thoughts trailed off as he suddenly tripped over Splshpaw's tail. "S-Sorry.." he mumbled.
Splashpaw stopped and looked at Shadowpaw. "Its fine. Are you ok?" She asked.
Old October 6th, 2019, 12:03 PM
--

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Silverkit~ View Post
Splashpaw stopped and looked at Shadowpaw. "Its fine. Are you ok?" She asked.

"I'm fine.." He replied.
Old October 6th, 2019, 03:29 PM
I'm a Sunflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Leap View Post
"I'm fine.." He replied.
Spottedstream walked up to the two apprentices. "Hey... I might need to hunt with you too. I heard Lionstorm in the clearing say he wanted you two to go with a warrior. I wouldn't want y'all to get punished so mind if I hunt with you two?" She asked.
Old October 6th, 2019, 05:50 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

Although he'd already checked once, Fawnpaw peered around as Eagleflight did, becoming curious as to how confidential this meeting was supposed to be if it required triple-checking to ensure nobody would overhear. Through a mumble, he attempted to be reassuring, "There aren't going to be many cats awake at this hour, much less... out here. I was only in the clearing because, uh, my nest.. kind of was destroyed. I don't know if you overheard that." The rest of the patrol hadn't been far behind, and Lionstorm was incredibly loud.. so he imagined it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

Fawnpaw listened carefully, eyes bright and ears tilted forward in interest, while Eagleflight explained his emotional strife. Despite being unprepared for the gravity of the situation, he stayed calm and quiet, finding a comfort in his initial speculation being somewhat close to the reality. It was odd how a cat so conflicted by Lionstorm's plot could be like the villain himself, these talks of morality and I'm not the bad guy, please just tell me I'm not the bad guy. Except Eagleflight's was... not as rough around the edges. However, the vagaries left Fawnpaw in the dark about what he was hoping to gain from this, so he let out a wavering hum to gather his thoughts. "So... wait, you feel awful for doubting Lionstorm?" he clarified, eyebrow hitching. "Look, Lionstorm's a jerk-- I would honestly be more concerned if you didn't doubt him. We were friends before he was promoted, and he was still the same insecure pain in the tail that he's always been, only difference is now he gets more attention when he has his tantrums." After that was out, he fell into a joyless chuckle at the rather harsh judgment but shook his head, struggling to conjure the sympathy under the circumstances.

Fawnpaw recognized it was addressing a mere half of the complex dilemma, but that was the extent of what he'd tackle before he had a better gauge of where Eagleflight was at with this.

Eagleflight gave the apprentice a sympathetic glance when he spoke of his nest being destroyed. Lionstorm could surely be difficult to handle sometimes, and definitely wasn't the most mature cat. He made a mental note to offer to help gather materials for a new nest or something. He didn't want to make it seem like he was just brushing it off.

"My concern is the fire, mainly," he finally got more specific, convincing himself he didn't have to speak in tongues. "It's not that I particularly care about ShadowClan at all, I just...no cat should have to suffer like that! And I helped cause it. After seeing the damage that was done to ThunderClan, thinking about ShadowClan being in the same situation because of me, it's eating me up inside." His fur bristled slightly as he mentally relived that night in the flames, with his paws singed and his throat burning with ash, and his mad dash to the river to escape being swallowed by the blaze. It was a fear he wouldn't wish upon anyone.

"I guess specifically, I wanted to know if you agreed with that plan. Do you think it was justified? Did they deserve it?" The russet tom could barely think for himself. Here he was, asking the opinion of an apprentice for validation when he couldn't turn to Lionstorm for advice. He had always trusted the deputy so unconditionally, and to suddenly feel this much doubt about him was sending his world crumbling down. Does StarClan approve of what I did? his heart jumped in fear thinking of judgement being passed on him by his ancestors. He'd caused so much suffering. So much pain. But he was just following orders, wasn't he?

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!