Last post by lionparty25
Today 03:56 PM

Old July 8th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Default Re: WindClan | RiverClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
Badgerthorn laughed at the molly's mock surprise, shaking his head before giving a sheepish shrug- it was true, he did have quite the ego. "I can't help it if I know I'm fabulous," he jokingly scoffed. The tom grinned again, sending a wink at the molly. "You're the only Otterflight I know," he flirted- obviously she should already know the molly he had been talking about was, in fact, her, but if she hadn't figured it out now this last bit would reveal that for sure. The tom's grin turned into an appreciative smile at the comment. He liked his name as well- it was simple yet not too common. Badger's interest peaked as Otterflight delved into her naming. "Hm, you do seem to have quite the energy about you- and I mean that as a compliment. It's refreshing from all the bland and... calm cats I'm used to being around." The black cat waved his tail, glancing behind him in the direction of camp. Everyone there was too serious, hardly anyone was goofy or flirty with him like Otterflight was. Her name suited her, the tom decided, just as well as his did him.

Otterflight let out a small laugh at his words. "Well you know, plenty of other cats know you're fabulous as well," She flirted, winking at the tom. "Oh really?" She asked in mock surprise, "Well I happen to know a very handsome tom... in WindClan." Of course Otterflight had caught on, she knew full well that she was the only Otterflight in the clans, the one he was talking about. She would have to be stupid if she didn't notice, the molly just liked to play along. Otterflight shrugged, she knew that she was very energetic, and WindClan cats did seem to be quite the opposite of that. "Well you must not fit in then," she said, "After all, you do not seem in the least bit bland." Otterflight followed the toms gaze as he looked back towards WindClan camp, she narrowed her eyes suspiciously, worried that another cat might be coming, but she saw no one and her tensed features relaxed.
Old July 8th, 2018, 08:31 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post

Otterflight let out a small laugh at his words. "Well you know, plenty of other cats know you're fabulous as well," She flirted, winking at the tom. "Oh really?" She asked in mock surprise, "Well I happen to know a very handsome tom... in WindClan." Of course Otterflight had caught on, she knew full well that she was the only Otterflight in the clans, the one he was talking about. She would have to be stupid if she didn't notice, the molly just liked to play along. Otterflight shrugged, she knew that she was very energetic, and WindClan cats did seem to be quite the opposite of that. "Well you must not fit in then," she said, "After all, you do not seem in the least bit bland." Otterflight followed the toms gaze as he looked back towards WindClan camp, she narrowed her eyes suspiciously, worried that another cat might be coming, but she saw no one and her tensed features relaxed.
Badgerthorn faked being clueless. "Really, there are? And who might these other cats be?" He chuckled at Otterflight, slipping even closer to the border. One more step and he'd cross it, but he hadn't reached there yet. "A handsome tom in Windclan? Whoever are you talking about?" The molly's next words were a compliment, one that made pride swell in his chest as compliments usually did for him, but he was momentarily distracted in the brown she-cat staring behind him. Had a clanmate of his shown up? If so, how was he going to explain this? The two probably looked quite cozy to an outside eye, with him on the edge of the border and his 'enemy' sitting rather than standing alert. Thankfully, no one was in sight, which meant they were fine to carry on.

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Old July 8th, 2018, 10:26 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Firehawk's gaze swept over the younger male, checking to see if the apprentice had injured himself when he fell. Other than dirtying his fur, he seemed fine.

"A couple things," he answered. "For one, he broke the alliance with WindClan your father put in place during his leadership. He chose to side with ThunderClan instead of WindClan when they were at war. From my understanding, Blazingstar took considerable offense to that, although I personally don't believe Fallenstar is at fault for that. WindClan already had ShadowClan on their side. I just wish we didn't get dragged into something so menial." The drama between the two Clans could have been easily resolved if Blazingstar had been open to the possibility of his own cats being at fault. Wasn't the entire conflict over a ThunderClan warrior being murdered at the border?

"Fallenstar also... caused some conflict at the Gathering a few moons ago. He was rather disrespectful to both Grousestar and Blazingstar when they attempted to keep the gathering moving." Firehawk couldn't contain a sigh. "I'll be honest, sometimes it's like we have a kitten as a leader. I'm concerned his aggressive nature is going to end in another unnecessary battle."

@Suspiciousmindz

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules

Last edited by BEAR.; July 8th, 2018 at 10:27 PM.
Old July 9th, 2018, 09:12 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

@doug.

Cedarpaw's eyes widened slightly as he seemed hyper-focused on his mentor. The apprentice sat a little rigid as he listened, his ears dropping a little as a small frown crossed his face in response. Since he was still rather young, Cedarpaw couldn't grasp the seriousness of the subject. He didn't want to be another "mature" kit who acted like he knew everything. He actually chose to learn things when he wanted/needed to learn, not to "stand out".

"Why would he do something like that? Did dad make a mistake with that alliance?" he asked, his tone appealed to the worried side of his thoughts. "Does that make Fallenstar a bully then? I mean, he wants to fight everyone like you said," he continued, expressing what he thought Firehawk was implying.

~~~

@ConfusedCas
Slatesting had chosen to hunt rather close to the border. She dared not to cross it though, at least not until she found someone to pester... Provided, they didn't seem overly aggressive after a small chat with her. She always tried to pester someone while she was out here. It was probably what kept getting WindClan in trouble if she was being honest.

Currently, she stood with a hare in her mouth, its body laying limply on the ground beside her. The ebony warrior was panting as she caught her breath from the chase, the heat from the sun not helping her on the moors. Thankfully, there was a small bit of shade around this border since RiverClan actually had trees. A small breeze carried small tufts of shedding fur from her pelt as she sat, alert, to watch her surroundings. Her tail tip twitched in anticipation, anything could happen out here. That was what kept it exciting!

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old July 9th, 2018, 11:15 PM
Back from the abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

@doug.

Cedarpaw's eyes widened slightly as he seemed hyper-focused on his mentor. The apprentice sat a little rigid as he listened, his ears dropping a little as a small frown crossed his face in response. Since he was still rather young, Cedarpaw couldn't grasp the seriousness of the subject. He didn't want to be another "mature" kit who acted like he knew everything. He actually chose to learn things when he wanted/needed to learn, not to "stand out".

"Why would he do something like that? Did dad make a mistake with that alliance?" he asked, his tone appealed to the worried side of his thoughts. "Does that make Fallenstar a bully then? I mean, he wants to fight everyone like you said," he continued, expressing what he thought Firehawk was implying.

~~~

@ConfusedCas
Slatesting had chosen to hunt rather close to the border. She dared not to cross it though, at least not until she found someone to pester... Provided, they didn't seem overly aggressive after a small chat with her. She always tried to pester someone while she was out here. It was probably what kept getting WindClan in trouble if she was being honest.

Currently, she stood with a hare in her mouth, its body laying limply on the ground beside her. The ebony warrior was panting as she caught her breath from the chase, the heat from the sun not helping her on the moors. Thankfully, there was a small bit of shade around this border since RiverClan actually had trees. A small breeze carried small tufts of shedding fur from her pelt as she sat, alert, to watch her surroundings. Her tail tip twitched in anticipation, anything could happen out here. That was what kept it exciting!
Frozen and looking like he was without an objective a scrawny young tom stared out at the moors. His mentor, Whitewish, had made the decision for him to explore the borders by himself but he was almost certain that the she-cat would be watching him from a distant. Oh Starclan... Batpaw glanced around, feeling uncomfortable being out in the open with nobody else around. Er, I think I've seen enough should I just go back? He knew that this was supposed to be an exercise for him, a chance to go out and explore the territory without having the shelter of a warrior, but this was far from enjoyable for him. Before he was given the chance to spin around and retreat deeper into Riverclan territory a strong scent tickled his nose. He was still getting used to all the new smells but he was certain of this one, he could smell it everyday in the center of camp. Prey. On the way to the borders Whitewish had tried to get him to identify certain rodents but he just struggled with the whole thing. This time the prey scent was strong but he wasn't sure why. Maybe I'm getting better? Either way he decided he would scout it out. If I can show Whitewish that I tracked down an animal she'll be so impressed at my progress! Batpaw lowered a bit and began stealthily creeping forward, feeling hidden in the tall grass the black apprentice didn't realize his black tail hovered just above the green blades. He continued to stalk towards the scent.
Old July 14th, 2018, 12:41 AM
work is never done

@Suspiciousmindz

Was Fallenstar a bully?

It was a difficult question to answer given the situation.

"Russetswirl didn't make a mistake," Firehawk reassured the young tom. "When the alliance was made, the Clans were at peace but weak after recovering from... what was basically a rebellion over their ancestors." Everything about that time seemed like an overreaction to him. Pointless deaths over a dead faction that didn't exist.

"He's doing it because he thinks it's right-- I imagine he's still sore over the battle that happened moons ago and Blazingstar's anger toward him, but all it's done is fuel tensions and cause far more issues than it's worth. He's being foolish in reckless ways, but I wouldn't call him a bully."

Firehawk gently nudged his shoulder. "Liven up. You shouldn't be worrying yourself over this, okay? It's your first day in the territory. Enjoy it."

Last edited by BEAR.; July 14th, 2018 at 12:42 AM.
Old July 15th, 2018, 12:22 AM
Just A Fossil

@doug.

Cedarpaw listened with wide eyes. The only emotion that shone through them was concern. It was very concerning that there was a possibly bully among the leaders! How could the clans allow such a thing! The concern began to disappear as Firehawk went on to explain the reasoning behind everything. While Cedarpaw wasn't fully satisfied with the answer, the ginger and white apprentice simply nodded.

Firehawk was right, he needed to enjoy his first day in the territory. Cedarpaw gave him an eager nod now, jumping back up to his paws and turning towards the direction of the border again. "So is there anything else I need to learn here? Just to not cross the border... wherever that is around here?" he inquired, his curious gaze shifting around the area now. "How would they know if I crossed it?" he continued to ask, making it known Cedarpaw wasn't familiar with scents at all.

~~~~~~

@ConfusedCas

Slatesting scented a new prey item, even hearing it scurry about in the grass. The ebony feline's green eyes widened with focus on the taller grass nearby. Her muscles tensed, ready to spring out onto it if it came out, even just a little, from the grass. Although, the focus on the prey was wavered as a tail tip stuck above the grass. Her brows furrowed and her head tilted a little as she watched it move about. Then the scent hit her. RiverClan! she hissed mentally, getting low to the ground.

How would she approach this? Fallenstar is being aggressive, so would his warriors be doing the same as well? Is it worth the fight? What if they could be possible friends? To test it out, Slatesting chose to let out a warning growl. Her fur bristled with anticipation rather than aggression. "You're awfully close to the border, stranger!" she called out into the grass.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old July 15th, 2018, 01:32 PM
Back from the abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

@doug.

Cedarpaw listened with wide eyes. The only emotion that shone through them was concern. It was very concerning that there was a possibly bully among the leaders! How could the clans allow such a thing! The concern began to disappear as Firehawk went on to explain the reasoning behind everything. While Cedarpaw wasn't fully satisfied with the answer, the ginger and white apprentice simply nodded.

Firehawk was right, he needed to enjoy his first day in the territory. Cedarpaw gave him an eager nod now, jumping back up to his paws and turning towards the direction of the border again. "So is there anything else I need to learn here? Just to not cross the border... wherever that is around here?" he inquired, his curious gaze shifting around the area now. "How would they know if I crossed it?" he continued to ask, making it known Cedarpaw wasn't familiar with scents at all.

~~~~~~

@ConfusedCas

Slatesting scented a new prey item, even hearing it scurry about in the grass. The ebony feline's green eyes widened with focus on the taller grass nearby. Her muscles tensed, ready to spring out onto it if it came out, even just a little, from the grass. Although, the focus on the prey was wavered as a tail tip stuck above the grass. Her brows furrowed and her head tilted a little as she watched it move about. Then the scent hit her. RiverClan! she hissed mentally, getting low to the ground.

How would she approach this? Fallenstar is being aggressive, so would his warriors be doing the same as well? Is it worth the fight? What if they could be possible friends? To test it out, Slatesting chose to let out a warning growl. Her fur bristled with anticipation rather than aggression. "You're awfully close to the border, stranger!" she called out into the grass.
Hope began to spark in his chest as the scent of prey got stronger then he stopped dead in his tracks as he heard a low growl. Frozen with fear Batpaw hardly dared to even look around. I-Is prey supposed to growl back?! Taking a deep, shaky breath he yelped out, "I-I didn't- I'm s-so sorry!" He shoved his front paws off the ground to spin around but instead of making a clean escape his front legs caught on each other and sent him tumbling face first into the dirt. As he collided with the ground he let out a squeak of alarm as pain shot up his nose. Batpaw had landed on his back with his stomach expose but he was too focused on the aching as he held his paws tightly over his muzzle. "O-Ouch..."
Old July 17th, 2018, 01:07 AM
work is never done

@Suspiciousmindz

Gently, the warrior laughed. "Use your nose. The scent of grass and rabbit is WindClan. Here," he approached the borderline and beckoned Cedarpaw to join him.

"Take a whiff. It's strongest along here because this is where our boundary ends and theirs' begins. Border patrols normally mark it daily, but sometimes it can be harder to detect if something's happened to another Clan. I suggest being familiar with how our side of the border looks, making note of any landmark that sticks out to you. That can help you avoid accidentally crossing it in the future.

"As for how they'd know, they'd be able to smell our fishy scent in their territory. All of the Clans have a unique scent to them." He wanted Cedarpaw to experience them himself and not entirely rely on Firehawk's descriptions.

To demonstrate how border marking was done, Firehawk refreshed RiverClan's scent. As he turned away from the divide, his ears twitched at the sound of angry hissing. Glancing back, he could see a young gray feline bristling across the border.

"Hey, fish-faces!" The cat snarled. "You better not be planning on coming over here! Fallenstar may be willing to defend thieves, but WindClan won't stand for trespassers! I-I'll fight you both off if I have too!"

Firehawk's tail flicked. "Easy there," he cautioned them. "We weren't going to cross the boundary. I was just showing my apprentice the markers. There's no need for violence." It was a little disheartening to see how the young warrior had immediately jumped to that, but he brushed it off as being a part of the tensions.

"I believe we were just about finished with this border anyway. Are you ready to see the ShadowClan border?" His attention returned to Cedarpaw.

Last edited by BEAR.; July 17th, 2018 at 01:07 AM.
Old July 20th, 2018, 02:43 PM
Just A Fossil

@doug.

Cedarpaw eagerly followed, his nose twitching as he tried to draw in the scents over his glands. Before long, he picked it up and his tail stuck straight into the air. "Oh yes! I can smell it!" he chirped. Then the ginger and white tom listened to Firehawk explain the scents and the borders.

Cedarpaw assumed the rules would be driven into his head before long, so he also zoned his mentor out while he tested out his new found sense of smell. He proceeded to lift his nose into the air and take in the other scents around him while Firehawk continued to speak.

His attention was drawn back to Firehawk when he said that RiverClan smelled like fish. That was obvious! "Of course we'd smell like fish, that's all we eat. At least, that's all I've ever eaten. Sometimes I see warriors eating furry things, Whisperblaze said they're call water voles, but I've never actually seen one," he rambled on as he followed Firehawk to learn how to mark the border.

The voice across the border caused the apprentice to jump a little. His amber eyes widened at the sight of the WindClan warrior. Ears flattening back, he almost flinched at the insult thrown at them. However, he remained silent as Firehawk tried to reason with them. Once the danger had passed, he looked up to Firehawk with a cautious gaze. "Why did he say that mean thing?" he inquired, his gaze saddening. Clearly, Cedarpaw hadn't been exposed to bullies or anything he consider mean. "Are all the clans like that?" he paused, nodding his head. "Yes, I'm ready to go to the ShadowClan border,"

~~~~~~

@ConfusedCas

Slatesting's green hues widened a little at the shock the apprentice appeared to have to her presence. Did he really think he'd be able to hunt on their territory without being caught? Did RiverClan really teach their apprentices that it was okay? Seeing how Fallenstar was, she wouldn't actually be too shocked. Although, her whiskers twitched in amusement at the failure to run away. "So your mentor is teaching you how to be clumsy and hunt on other territories? What has RiverClan come to be?!" he exclaimed, getting to her paws feeling threatened at this point. The warrior walked up to the border, tail lengths from the apprentice, a cautious, but teasing emotion shining in her deep green hues. "Are you alright though? Took quite a fall there, buddy," she spoke, her more friendly side showing now despite her clan loyalty. Slatesting was known for this type of thing, which wasn't a good thing.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL