Last post by Rowan
Today 09:31 PM

Old April 6th, 2019, 12:30 PM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: Dark Forest Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Darkness shrouded the thick forest, great limbering oaks and cedars that would have normally been flowering with the coming of new-leaf simply gray-scale and lacking any signs of life. A hazy mist settled just at eye level. The silence was deafening... almost comforting, but as crunching paw steps drew near from the darkness, a sense of unrest would choke the clearing. "Hmm.. yes." A voice would call out from seemingly nowhere, "This will do, this will do." Again the disembodied voice spoke, it's voice gravelly and rough - like it had been gargling stones. It seemed to be coming from all around, echoing through the dense fog. "You seek change...? You seek justice? Losttail seeks these things as well." So the voice's name was Losttail, yet nothing emerged from the darkness but another gargled meow. "Losttail can teach you, you know. Teach you how to fight.. for what you believe in. He can.. sense your curiosity, yes, you are a curious one." Though the phantom feline had no indication of how the cat before him felt, he would simply take a guess. "Maybe... Losttail can become your mentor? He can teach you... be your friend..." As disturbing as the voice may have been, with it's strange speech patterns and use of third person pronouns, there was genuine tone - in fact, it may have sounded quite friendly if the other feline was able to look past it. The clearing grew silent once more, no sounds of breathing or paw steps... just absolute silence. If the feline had responded, there was no indication that the voice would reply. Finally from the darkness emerged a large tabby tom, his hazel eyes glowing with curiosity. His fur seemed wet, dripping with water that vaporized immediately as it hit the ground without a sound. Standing confidently in front of Tallmarsh was Losttail - voice finally matched with an appearance. "So?" He gurgled. "Would you like that? To make a difference... to make a friend?"

@Delta

Tallmarsh opened her eyes, and found herself in a dreary, creepy forest. Am I dreaming? Southpaw had told her about this, about how to join the Dark Forest. This forest looked pretty dark, so she was guessing she'd found the right place. She reflexively shivered as she took in her surroundings. creepy and dreary barely did it justice. And the silence...forests always had sound, but not this one. The silence made every sound she made or heard seem deafening. Pawsteps that weren't hers echoed through the forest, making her jump slightly, the fur along her back bristling. She narrowed her eyes when the voice came. Who speaks in third person? Losttail, apparently... He sounded like he had been gargling gravel. She took a step back when Losttail finally showed himself, her expression one of confusion, curiosity, and disgust. She paused, then answered, "...How can you help me?"
Old April 6th, 2019, 09:20 PM
Dazzling star dust ✨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindercloud777 View Post
(( @Fuzzyfeline Not sure if you wanted to post first / about your character waking up! But I'll do something short for Nightclaw here-

Nightclaw continued to briskly make his way through the ominous woods until he found the place he was looking for. There was a (medium in height) rock that stood in a nearly pitch black part of the forest. He leapt up onto the mossy stone and waited. He knew exactly where one of his desired apprentices would awake.
(Sorry this is late)

Minkpaw stirred awake blinking her pale eyes. Was it morning already? She couldn't remember falling asleep last night, but she must have. Fully opening her eyes confusion struck her. What? Where was she? Why was it still night? So many questions ran through the young molly's head, so many that she wanted to ask. Stumbling to her paws she glanced around only to find a night black tom nearly invisible in the darkness. "Hello?" The brown molly called. "Do you know where I am?" She asked her voice a bit fragile. She wasn't sure how to feel scared angery. Did her Clanmates dump her here?! Flintspirit wouldn't let them right? Or was he over how annoying she was? feeling a bit panicked Minnows spun around but still only saw the one cat. What was going on?

I'm leaving wco once I tie up losse ends around here, I appoligize for the Rps that will have to end but I thank you all for being so wonderful, love y'all
Old April 6th, 2019, 11:46 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
Tallmarsh opened her eyes, and found herself in a dreary, creepy forest. Am I dreaming? Southpaw had told her about this, about how to join the Dark Forest. This forest looked pretty dark, so she was guessing she'd found the right place. She reflexively shivered as she took in her surroundings. creepy and dreary barely did it justice. And the silence...forests always had sound, but not this one. The silence made every sound she made or heard seem deafening. Pawsteps that weren't hers echoed through the forest, making her jump slightly, the fur along her back bristling. She narrowed her eyes when the voice came. Who speaks in third person? Losttail, apparently... He sounded like he had been gargling gravel. She took a step back when Losttail finally showed himself, her expression one of confusion, curiosity, and disgust. She paused, then answered, "...How can you help me?"
Losttail seemed almost elated by her answer - or rather question. Now, how would he play this out... "Well, it all depends on what you want to do. Losttail is your muse, your means of getting what you want. He can teach you any technique you want to know... how to persuade or intimidate who you want." The soaking feline stepped closer to Tallmarsh, his chest puffed out with confidence, though he wore a more humble grin on his maw. "Do tell, what is your name?"

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old April 7th, 2019, 02:13 AM
INACTIVE - On Discord!

My Mood: Amused

oi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemew View Post
The brown somali mix woke up, scanning his surroundings. This...wasn't The apprentices den! What was this?- oh.
Timberpaw realized this was the dark forest, but why was he here? Looking at all the cats around him, clearing his throat as he saw a familiar cat. Dawnpaw? Shaking his head, he padded towards a grey and brown tom.
Worry filled his tone as he spoke. "Is this..the dark forest?" He questioned, his fur bristling. His ear flicked, feeling as if this random tom was dangerous.
"If so, why am I here?" He inquired, his brows furrowing slightly. But worry still filled his tone, backing up one step. Who knew if this tom would unsheath his claws and attack? Timber wouldn't take risky chances, looking down at his paw which still had marigold on it.
A question popped into his mind, what if they wanted to train him?
His nose scrunched up, his mouth forming into a slight cringe. That would be bad.
Feeling his claws flex into the ground, the apprentice stared at the feline, waiting for an answer.

@Coriander @EternalBlaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriander View Post

(so sorry for my lateness! Got caught up in a few things!)
Lizardstripe sat with his head on his paws, the immense feeling of boredom and irritation bearing down on his chest. Where were they? Timberpaw and Snowkit were to have supposed to be here by now. Or... is it Snowpaw now? he thought. I'm pretty sure that fuzzball recently got his apprentice name.

He jerked his head up, ears also perking, as he heard the sound of movement. He turned around to see another cat. Timberpaw, if he remembered right. Rising to his paws and clearing his throat importantly, he stepped forward and sat down again in front of the apprentice.

"Yes," he meowed imperiously. "Yes, Timberpaw, this is the Dark Forest. Welcome." Lizardstripe took a moment to study the young tom, taking in his features one at a time. Timberpaw looked soft, if Lizardstripe was being honest, but
there was nothing a little claw to claw combat couldn't fix. "as you know, Timberpaw," he continued, "a war is about to commence. You are here to be trained so you can survive that war." And so I can get out of here.
@EternalBlaze

Snowpaw slowly opened his eyes, blinking as his eyes adjusted to the semi-darkness. War? What? he thought sleepily. He rose his paws, looking around at the large mass of cats. "Wait..Lizardstripe," he mewed as he spotted his mentor. "Why am I here?" he tilted his head quizzically. He noticed the warrior was busy talking to another cat, and he padded forward towards them "Ah, so you're new?" he asked the apparently new apprentice.

*sorry for the short reply*

★ Fire that’s closest kept burns brightest of all ★
Snowblade ▪ Bladeclaw ▪ EternalShadows

Im no longer rp-ing, but feel free to shoot a vm!

Last edited by Blazepaw; April 7th, 2019 at 02:16 AM.
Old April 7th, 2019, 02:20 AM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalBlaze View Post

Snowpaw slowly opened his eyes, blinking as his eyes adjusted to the semi-darkness. War? What? he thought sleepily. He rose his paws, looking around at the large mass of cats. "Wait..Lizardstripe," he mewed as he spotted his mentor. "Why am I here?" he tilted his head quizzically. He noticed the warrior was busy talking to another cat, and he padded forward towards them "Ah, so you're new?" he asked the other apprentice.
@Coriander
--

Timberpaw tilted his head, looking at the tom. He opened his mouth to say something, but his attention snapped to a new feline. Lizardstripe? He assumed that was the dark forest warriors name. He bobbed his head up and down in a nodding motion. "Yeah.." He told, his usual excited voice lacking its joy. He looked back at the older, his brows furrowing slightly. "I shouldn't be here.." He trailed off, glancing away. "Wouldn't it be kinda..disloyal? To train with you?"

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old April 7th, 2019, 10:08 AM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalBlaze View Post
oi

Snowpaw slowly opened his eyes, blinking as his eyes adjusted to the semi-darkness. War? What? he thought sleepily. He rose his paws, looking around at the large mass of cats. "Wait..Lizardstripe," he mewed as he spotted his mentor. "Why am I here?" he tilted his head quizzically. He noticed the warrior was busy talking to another cat, and he padded forward towards them "Ah, so you're new?" he asked the apparently new apprentice.[/CENTER]

*sorry for the short reply*
Quote:

@Coriander
--

Timberpaw tilted his head, looking at the tom. He opened his mouth to say something, but his attention snapped to a new feline. Lizardstripe? He assumed that was the dark forest warriors name. He bobbed his head up and down in a nodding motion. "Yeah.." He told, his usual excited voice lacking its joy. He looked back at the older, his brows furrowing slightly. "I shouldn't be here.." He trailed off, glancing away. "Wouldn't it be kinda..disloyal? To train with you?"

Lizardstripe shot Snowpaw a steely glare. I've already been over this with you. I don't like repeating myself, so don't make me. He turned his attention back to Timberpaw, and widened his eyes with a pretend expression of shock. "Disloyal?" he gasped, edging closer to wrap his tail around Timberpaw's shoulders. "Oh, my dear Timberpaw, disloyal may have many definitions, but training in order to help your Clan and survive is not one of them. Forget the poisoned words that have muddled your judgement of the world, and just trust me for a moment. We are not the cats your StarClan and your Clan have made us out to be." The gray and brown tabby then swiveled his head to look at Snowpaw. "By the way, Snowpaw, congratulations on your apprentice name."
Old April 7th, 2019, 11:31 AM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:

Lizardstripe shot Snowpaw a steely glare. I've already been over this with you. I don't like repeating myself, so don't make me. He turned his attention back to Timberpaw, and widened his eyes with a pretend expression of shock. "Disloyal?" he gasped, edging closer to wrap his tail around Timberpaw's shoulders. "Oh, my dear Timberpaw, disloyal may have many definitions, but training in order to help your Clan and survive is not one of them. Forget the poisoned words that have muddled your judgement of the world, and just trust me for a moment. We are not the cats your StarClan and your Clan have made us out to be." The gray and brown tabby then swiveled his head to look at Snowpaw. "By the way, Snowpaw, congratulations on your apprentice name."
@EternalBlaze
--
Timberpaw tail flicked nervously, his gaze set to the side. Taking a small step back, he turned his attention back to the other tom. So, Snowpaw was his name? His gaze fell back on Lizardstripe. "Are You sure.." He trailed off, be for nodding slowly. "Ok, I guess. As long as I'm helping my clan"

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old April 7th, 2019, 05:57 PM
INACTIVE - On Discord!

My Mood: Amused

Quote:

Quote:

@EternalBlaze
--
Timberpaw tail flicked nervously, his gaze set to the side. Taking a small step back, he turned his attention back to the other tom. So, Snowpaw was his name? His gaze fell back on Lizardstripe. "Are You sure.." He trailed off, be for nodding slowly. "Ok, I guess. As long as I'm helping my clan"
Snowpaw flinched and took a step back at the glare Lizardstripe gave him. "Sorry." he muttered. He turned towards the apprentice. "Of course you'd be helping your clan, Lizardstripe's a great teacher." He smiled. "No cat wants to leave." He said, somewhat forcefully. He looked to his mentor for approvement but he was surprised by his words. "Thanks." He dipped his head, hiding his astonished face.

Last edited by Blazepaw; April 7th, 2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old April 7th, 2019, 09:53 PM

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyfeline View Post
(Sorry this is late)

Minkpaw stirred awake blinking her pale eyes. Was it morning already? She couldn't remember falling asleep last night, but she must have. Fully opening her eyes confusion struck her. What? Where was she? Why was it still night? So many questions ran through the young molly's head, so many that she wanted to ask. Stumbling to her paws she glanced around only to find a night black tom nearly invisible in the darkness. "Hello?" The brown molly called. "Do you know where I am?" She asked her voice a bit fragile. She wasn't sure how to feel scared angery. Did her Clanmates dump her here?! Flintspirit wouldn't let them right? Or was he over how annoying she was? feeling a bit panicked Minnows spun around but still only saw the one cat. What was going on?
(Its okay! Ive been on vacation with my family anyways. <3)

Nightclaw peered down at the apprentice as if he were expecting her. Which he was, of course. "You're in the place of no stars, young one. Or as most of you call it: the Dark Forest. You walk where most of the living cannot. A gift from me," The tom spoke in a deep tone. Stepping out of the shadows, he leapt from the rock and padded closer. His face and body had been ravaged with scars, eyes an unsettling green with white around his irises that had been in slits. "You've been deemed worthy of a chance that only oh-so-few get." He purred, although it had an eerie tone to it.

@Fuzzyfeline

Anti-Thistleclaw Club 2k19

Last edited by Cindercloud777; April 10th, 2019 at 11:30 PM.
Old April 8th, 2019, 12:25 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

Witheredface observed the cats quietly. Today was the day. An evil grin crossed his muzzle. He was looking forward to this. Maybe these young cats could help them get rid of those mouse-brained clans. Maybe the Dark Forest could rule. NO,the Dark Forest WOULD rule. He sat down by the bushes, the mangled side of his face hidden in the shadows. He would get an apprentice, and he would teach them to fight, and to draw blood.

(Open!)

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3