ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Weekend-Wondering
Today 07:30 AM

Old April 26th, 2020, 06:32 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: Cattail Pond

@elysian
“You are very welcome, my young compatriot!” Grizz purred dramatically, facing forward once more. He a pretty oblivious cat, but he’d have to have mice in his ears to miss the emotion in the kit’s voice and he was happy to help calm any nerves or sadness Bean might be feeling. The next time the young Siamese spoke, Grizzlybug noticed the other emotions tinging his voice. Worry made Grizzlybug want to pause and comfort the young cat, but he pushed forward, waiting for him to explain what had him so upset. A moment later, Grizz had his answer. You poor kit! Grizzlybug thought, tears pricking his eyes. He pushed them back, though, so as not to make Bean feel any worse. He was a bit less certain that the kit would be welcomed into the clan, yet he was still about 99% certain. Lionstar wasn’t like Icestar- he wouldn’t send away a kit because of a lack of claws. A cat could survive without them. Surely there was someone in the clan with the same problem! Grizzlybug couldn’t think of any at the moment, but surely there were!
A sudden idea hit Grizz to try to reassure the clearly upset Bean and he suddenly stopped his steps to turn to Bean. Grizzly put his paw to his chin in a pantomime or deep thought and said, “hmmmm.” Then he took his paw and pointed at Bean, “open up, kiddo, show me your best snarl!” He hoped that he could help Bean feel better through his silliness.
Old April 26th, 2020, 08:00 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

@Beau

For a 5 month old kit, Bean sure had been through quite a bit. He had finally broken down, and to a near-stranger at that. He was lucky that the big cat seemed friendly, lest he probably would’ve been dead by now. He couldn’t look Grizz in the eye. Surely his friends and "Lionstar" wouldn’t want him! What cat could survive for longer than a week without claws? He hadn’t been doing a very good job. What would a useless lump like him do for a RiverClan anyway?

When he looked up, he barely registered what Grizz said. It took a few moments to hold the tears back and let out a half hearted "grr," as he loosely bared his teeth. The siamese wasn’t feeling much better, but maybe the cat was onto something. Bean just didn’t know what yet. After a short while, he seemed dissatisfied with his first attempt and tried again. His throat still had a heavy lump in it, but this time he tried his best "grr!" teeth clenching this time. He tried to channel his anger. It was better to be angry than to cry to what seemed like a stranger.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old April 26th, 2020, 08:21 PM
all that i’ll ever need

@elysian
“There you go, there you go! Stars, what a fearsome cat here! I wouldn’t wanna fight him, would you wanna fight him?” Grizzlybug looked over his shoulder addressing a cat who wasn’t there and then turned back to Bean. He crouched down to inspect Bean’s fangs and cried, “those are some mighty fine fangs ya got there, Bean. Mighty fine!” Then he popped up and took to circling these young tom with thoughtful ‘tsks.’ He circled a few times, inspecting Bean and muttering judgements such as, “skinny for now but clear potential for some serious muscle growth...” Grizz was largely making it up since he had no way of knowing how muscular Bean would grow up to be, but he hoped the kid bought it. Finally, he stopped before Bean and exclaimed cheerily and with certainty, “boy I gotta tell you, you’ve got warrior potential if I’ve ever seen it! Who needs claws? Claws are so last season! Ya got fangs, ya got muscle, ya got mettle! You’ll do fine.” Grizzlybug couldn’t help himself from acting out his words, showing fangs and flexing and letting out a growl with each fitting description. He also used silly voices for each description to hopefully cheat Bean up. “Cmon, you little beast! Let’s take ya to Lionstar so he can tell ya the same thing- you don’t need claws to make it as a bonafide wild cat!” He laid his tail comfortingly on Bean’s shoulder and skipped off again, smiling as the entrance to camp came within sight.
Old April 26th, 2020, 09:12 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

@Beau

Grizz's positive demeanor and silliness were infectious. Soon, Bean found himself smiling despite his situations and the pit in his stomach shrink to the size of a seed. He bounced when he said he had potential to get stronger. "I want to be strong like you!" he declared, feeling more confident. He was going to be a... a warrior? Yeah, a warrior! He didn’t exactly know what that even was, but it sounded fierce! He let out another growl, then dissolved into laughter as Grizz showed off a bit. He liked this cat. Maybe when they met his RiverClan, they could still be friends! Maybe Grizz could help him make friends, yeah!

He couldn’t lie, he enjoyed the feeling of Grizz’s tail on his shoulder. Bean followed the larger cat, a new, pleasant bound in his soft step. He would show "Lionstar" that he could be scary! "I’ll show Lionstar I can be a.. a warrior!" Though he was still nervous, he knew that Grizz would support him. Subconsciously, the young cat leaned against Grizzlybug as they walked. He could smell... a lot. Maybe they were getting closer to the RiverClan!

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old April 27th, 2020, 04:45 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxneysuckle View Post
[ @Dipper ]

As Fawnsqueak approached, he felt a wide, giddy grin pull at his lips. The other tom looked gorgeous in the moonlight, he almost couldn't believe it. Swanfeather swallowed down a slight tingle of nervousness and opened his mouth to speak. "Howdy, glad ya made it," he greeted, his heart pounding, "Thank ya. I thought ya'd like somethin' to lay on while yer here. It's pretty soft, I hope ya like it. Heard 'bout it from some housecats in the town, 'parrently it's called a 'blanket'." Fawnsqueak's last compliment made his eyes brighten, pelt heating up slightly. A quiet "yer nice too" came from the tom before he remembered the flower crown, tail twitching.

Swanfeather gently picked it up, walking closer to Fawnsqueak and placing it atop his head. Ensuring it was in place, he stepped back and sat down, admiring his work. "Made that fer ya. Hope I picked the right kinda flowers, ya look beautiful wit' it." Even in the dim light of the moon, he could see how stunning the blue looked against Fawnsqueak's fur. Just looking at the tom made him flustered, goodness!

Not wanting to have an awkward silence, he continued. "I can teach ya how to make one, if ya want. We cam make em while I teach ya lesson one of How Not To Be Awkward." Swanfeather giggled at his own joke, tail twitching with laughter. "We'd hafta gather some flowers before we start, if ya wanna do that. If not, we can get ourselves situated 'n' start right 'way. It's all up to ya, Fawn-Fawn." His head tilted to the side, a curious smile on his lips as he awaited Fawnsqueak's answer.
Although he knew it was irrational, Fawnsqueak peeked at the sky to triple-check that he wasn't late, relieved when the moon was where it was supposed to be. "I really didn't want to miss this," he said, earnest. "I... probably wouldn't have forgiven myself, to be honest." Swanfeather was super sweet and kind and deserved only good things, and Fawnsqueak didn't want to see him unhappy (especially not with him.) "But, uh, same-- I mean, I'm glad you're here. Not that I'm here. It's nice to see you again." He was glad he managed that instead of the stupid "been so long" joke that he'd been working on during the walk.

"I think we pretty much just call those nests.." Fawnsqueak said quizzically as he padded atop the softness, smiling at it while he squished it between his toes. Leaning forward to examine it closer, he inquired, "How.. did you get it like this?"

Fawnsqueak admired the blue flowers in awe, stunned into silence until his wits returned to him, the crown safely atop his head. "W-wow," he breathed, an elated laugh spilling from him. "It's.. really gorgeous. Thank you." He still didn't know if he understood it completely, but it was an incredible gesture and definitely beautiful. Maybe... Hopefully he hadn't detracted from its beauty. Suddenly worried, he asked, "Does it look okay? On me?" He could take it off if it was prettier without him.

The offer had him grinning. "I seriously don't think I'm.. talented like this, or.." he shook his head, thought dismissed, "I just don't see myself being able to make something so nice, y'know?" Den-weaving was the extent of his crafts. "I could try it, I just.. don't want you to be disappointed," Fawnsqueak clarified, "when it doesn't turn out that great."

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old April 27th, 2020, 03:16 PM
is cereal a soup?

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
Salmonsong smiled,” Are you tired or do you want to learn to catch fish?” she asked gently, knowing the kit was young.
Duckpaw squealed, I want to catch fish! Fishhh!” Her tiredness somehow all went away in an instant.

→˚₊·* please bump me if i haven't responded in 48 hours! *·₊˚←

‧₊˚ || slow replies | character site || ˚₊‧
Old April 27th, 2020, 03:33 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Bread. View Post

Duckpaw squealed, I want to catch fish! Fishhh!” Her tiredness somehow all went away in an instant.
Salmonsong flicked her tail,” You’ll sit next to the creek, making sure your shadow doesn’t cover the water, as it’ll scare the fish.” she meowed before carefully sitting down next to the water, getting her shadow to not show by walking around the pond, due to the time of day.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old April 28th, 2020, 10:22 AM
love bird.

Gender: I am a girly girl. UvU but not a grly girl? .-. i'm a tomboy. UvU
My Mood: Chatty

softpaw raced through the forest, she just assumed her mentor was caught up. softpaw came to a halt when she reached the pond, she sighed and sat down, waiting for her mentor.

@Flowstream

stay safe and wash your hands!

Roses are red
violets are blue
you can trust me...
because my hearts with you!
Old April 28th, 2020, 11:34 AM
❤❤❤

My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygirl View Post
softpaw raced through the forest, she just assumed her mentor was caught up. softpaw came to a halt when she reached the pond, she sighed and sat down, waiting for her mentor.

@Flowstream
Lightfeather followed close behind, leaping over bushes and darting past trees. As she approached her apprentice, she asked, "Are you ready?"

(eee)
Old April 28th, 2020, 11:44 AM
love bird.

Gender: I am a girly girl. UvU but not a grly girl? .-. i'm a tomboy. UvU
My Mood: Chatty

softpaws bobbed tail twitched in annoyance a bit, "of course im ready." she mewed, softpaw dipped her paws into the water and waited for her mentor to get in and show her how to do this thing. The pond was pretty shallow, as expected..so this shouldn't be two hard.

@Flowstream

stay safe and wash your hands!

Roses are red
violets are blue
you can trust me...
because my hearts with you!