Old July 19th, 2023, 07:18 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: ThunderClan Apprentices' Den

Lambpaw flopped onto a random moss-bed.

[closed]

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old July 21st, 2023, 11:29 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Sprucepaw |

Silent, dark paws padded back and forth. From the nursery to the apprentices' den and back again. Fudge was on a mission. First came the feather. Then each individual figurine. And finally, the crumpled up flower that was quite frankly looking worse for the wear with each passing day. A part of him knew that the smartest thing to do here would be to simply let it go. It had no place in his nest, doing little more than sullying it with pointless litter as the petals left it slowly looking less a flower and more a dried up, old twig.

And yet for some inexplicable reason, the former kittypet couldn't bear to let go of the ugly thing. With care, Fudge placed it upon one of the moss figures he'd brought with him, attaching it gingerly to its pelt. To his ma's pelt. Or at least, the substitute of his ma. The feather he attached to his pa, knowing the Havana Brown's delight whenever the old, red feather on a stick had been brought out to play by the housefolk they lived with. Reminders of his former life. Of the last time he'd known any level of happiness.

Deadpanned eyes stared at the figures, unwilling to show any weakness. You never knew who would be lurking in the shadows, ready to strike at a moment's notice. Yet his heart wept for what had been. For the life he'd been kicked out of for reasons he still did not understand. He still wanted his ma and da. They understood him. They knew that just because he liked his space that didn't mean he didn't love them. And now? What would they think if they could see him now?

Probably nothing. That was what the four moon old apprentice had to make peace with. They had done nothing to stop the housefolk for putting him and his littermates inside that flimsy box. He was on his own. These figures reminded him as much. They weren't even shadows of what he had lost. And yet laying here with them, curled up with his back pressed to the both of them... he could almost imagine the warmth his mother's long coat had provided. Her gentle purr in the odd moments when he'd approached her for some cuddling of his own.

Closing his eyes, the young tom covered his face with one fuzzy paw, feigning sleep. He needed to clear his mind before properly assessing his situation now. He would never see them again. That much he knew. He wasn't naive enough to believe otherwise. He needed to head out. Find Tigerhasasecondname. Earn his keep. If he didn't, he would lose this shelter as well. He wasn't ready to move out. Not yet. Not until he'd learn how to survive the feral nature of the cats back in his home turf.

-

| Open |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old July 24th, 2023, 12:55 AM
my disease, my infection

Collecting apprentices. That's what this was; that's what this felt like to Alderstep. It was almost as if he could see them following him, like ducklings to their mother. Except these were young cats, not fuzzy little babies, and he was no mother. Just a mentor with the intention to produce two reliable warriors. How vastly different.

The backlighting shrouded Alderstep in shadow as he poked his nose into the apprentice's den, eyes glinting as he studied the foreign den for a moment. He remembered, vaguely, how Fireflypaw refused to sleep in the nursery (dragging some nest while the camp was collapsing). Hopefully, she'd be in here, now, what with the new den and all. He knew Treepaw slept here because he'd acquired her from here before her first lesson. In other words, he was hoping that he could find both kitties in this den, to make this lazy morning easier.

Alderstep licked his nose (ew, lizard), eyes still adjusting to the dark. "Fireflypaw, Treepaw," he called, not softly.

And then there was this worry: would those two get along? Bunching their territory tour seemed reasonable, considering the lesson had little reason to be tailored to the individual. But it heavily relied on communication, because it was both getting familiarized with the territory and the mentor. It was something Alderstep hated and had avoided in the past with other apprentices. But, it seemed manageable because there were two of the buggers now! He could just get the two to talk to each other, or at least try to.

Or at least hope this went well.

[ @SuspiciousMindz @jupiter ] no pressure to get replies out, i thought post order can be decided by who posts next
Old July 25th, 2023, 10:02 PM
Dabi Obsessed

Bump Policy: "Burn Like Kindle For My Flames" - Dabi
My Mood: Lonely

Brokenpaw
~*The Queen of Broken Hearts*~
Female she/her
Solid black she-cat with White markings. Brown eyes.

Brokenpaw Did The Only Thing She could do, and That Was Sulk Silently in the Shadows of The Appretices Den, Now that She'd finally convinced Fillypaw to Get lost.... She Liked Fillypaw well Enough but... The She-cat was Way too clingy. Brokenpaw prefered her personal bubble not be broken by the other she-cats Consistant Hugging ever other minute of the day. She Was The Girl In The Bubble. The Queen of Broken Hearts... at least thats what she considered herself.

And The Queen Was Tired of Being the One With The Broken Heart. Oh All the Beautiful Colors in this world couldn't bring back all the time that had been lost, all those she'd had to leave. What was a Queen with a Broken Crown? a Queen without her Family? Her King? Brokenpaw sighed deeply, burying her face into her tail as she laid there curled in a ball of Lost Dreams... and Broken Promises...

She Knew Better then Most that with time things changed... but in her case... mostly for the worst. oh well... she'd do what her father told her... Move on With her Life... He always moved on with his life... even though it meant leaving her behind... She Wondered What Her Older Sister... er... Older Brother was up to... they where with kits, kits soon to be born... heh... More Members of The Moving on Family...

She Peared over the edge of her tail, towards another cat she'd heard rustling about... What were they up to over there? she thought falling into an unemotional state of mind. She watch them move moss and feathers and flowers around... they almost looked like Figure... Like Cats of Some kind... The Other Apprentice Must be Alone too... She realised sourly... She Forced herself To Sit up and shake off the moss.

She supposed there was no reason for them to be alone, especially when a clan... in Her Friend Fillypaws exact words "a big family of love and loyalty"...
Well... it wasn't a Family She Considered loving or loyal... definitly not grand... She took a deep breath in, before standing up. slowly, pawstep by silent pawstep, the young she-cat came silently towards the other apprentice... She could reconize a fake sleeper when she saw one... her father had pulled that trick everytime he wanted her to leave him alone...

ah... well, either way, she'd bothered getting her butt over here. she sat down with a exasperated sigh... now what was this ones name again? She knew she should try to be polite... nice... like her Older Brother Raised Her to Be. now, on to the matter at hand... she seemed to recall Bumblestar calling this one... Sprucepaw? ah yes... Sprucepaw it was.

"Hello there... Sprucepaw. Nice... Art... you got there. are they... your family...?" Brokenpaw meowed, choosing her words carefully as not to offend the younger tom. She looked the brown puffball over in a quick glance... he had good genes, to have fur like that she supposed... not that she cared. she was just here to try and... make a friend... like fillypaw kept telling her to do... "i'm... Brokenpaw... by the... way. ... your one of the newbies... right?... well i... guess... a late... Welcome is in... order" She meowed "so... Welcome"
@Alchemist Kitsune

Pet's name: Zeki Of The Frozen Dawn
Old July 26th, 2023, 03:44 PM
chasing away dreams

• Lambpaw •
long-furred, round-bodied, dark brown flame-sepia point tom with icy blue eyes; singular white spot on chest

Large, dark-furred paws loudly thumped into the den, ecstatic, wide icy blue hues wandered through the new landscape in front of him, taking in his new surroundings. The short trek from the homey nursery to this newer den felt like it had only worn down Lambpaw’s dark paws, his little toe-beans numbed by the aching feeling of standing for far too long. He wasn’t used to being astray in one place for a matter of seconds. The brown tom was usually always with his older sisters, or out collecting valuable items to decorate his nest. Which, speaking of such things, the flame-point tom held a few things with his jaws. He was sure to be as delicate and gentle as he could be as some of his precious valuables were more fragile than most. He held random flowers—old and new—little bugs, and even some stones. How could he manage to fit some items in his mouth? Well, Lambpaw has his way of doing his own thing, and he never truly exposes himself as he should with his little collective habits.

What did his sisters think of this new den? Did they seem to enjoy it as much as he did? Were they working on bringing some of his old gifts to them from the nursery to here? His front paws happily tapped themselves against the soft, cool ground, gradually showing his giddily anticipation for such a small thought. Either if they did or not, Lambpaw had a silent glimmer of hope that they would find the enjoyment that he showed from entering a new den. It was a miracle that he managed to get himself apprenticed early alongside his older sisters—except for Lavenderkit, whose Lambpaw had no certain idea for where she went—and train alongside them. He even had Ms. Fox to help him learn, which only increased his everlasting enthusiasm for what could only come ahead.

Focusing merely on the dark abyss ahead of him, Lambpaw raised his head up proudly as he gradually began to fully enter the den. A wide smile grew across his stuffed mouth as his long-furred dark tail happily raised itself in glee. Icy eyes danced from one apprentice to another, the tip of his tail gradually giving them an ecstatic wave in greeting. Lambpaw didn’t have many friends around his age, nor any that he had gained while still in the safe depths of the nursery, so hopefully someone would be willing to change that? There was that one little kit that Lambpaw stumbled into a little bit back: Sprucekit. Or, rather in Lambpaw’s words, ‘Spruce’. He was quite the interesting fellow, and was one to attract Lambpaw’s attention quite quickly. He was quiet and shy, but Lambpaw managed to get him to open up, especially from his own gifts. Speaking of the quiet tom… how was he doing now? He became an apprentice alongside Lambpaw and his sisters, so maybe he was taking up the role quite well as he was?

His thoughts on the situation were quick to diminish as he approached an open nest, his front paw gradually stepping atop of the soft, green texture of the moss-bed. He briefly glanced around in his surroundings to make sure if this nest wasn’t taken by any of the other apprentices. It was a rather bad habit for him to accidentally snooze away at someone’s nest without warning; essentially evoking a small argument to make its way through. Luckily, for himself, the nest was essentially free for him to claim and he was glad to do so. Practically hopping onto the green bed, a rhythmic pattern of raspy purrs escaped his throat as he began to knead away at the soft bedding, making his new bed as comfortable as he liked. Once he was done adjusting his new bed, he began to happily place his valuables along the edges of the moss-bed, carefully aligning each flower and bug into the crevices. He also laid out the little stones along the outer edge of the moss-bed, making a perfect circular shape to address that this was his nest, no one else’s.

Satisfied with his work, the flame-point gradually leaped out of the bed to make a viewpoint on his bed. He squinted his eyes as he silently suspected his craftsmanship, using a forepaw to occasionally turn some flowers or flatten down a wrinkled spot on his new bed itself. A wide smile slowly grew onto the tom’s face as he backed himself up, landing down on his haunches as a loud, ecstatic purr of satisfaction escaped his throat. It looked perfect and nearly identical to his old bed in the nursery. Now, with that out of the way, what should he do next? Should he go out of the den and go find Ms. Fox? Should he go out and try to find his sisters? Well, he didn’t mind either option, really. He would be ecstatic to get to know his new mentor more and his sisters were probably going to learn some fantastical things by then!

Standing up onto all fours, the flame-point began to turn his way to exit out of the den before his eye caught sight of a familiar, dark-furred pelt. Lambpaw’s head craned over towards the direction of the familiar pelt as his icy eyes squinted to get a clear look of the pelt. No way, it couldn’t be. A heavy wave of giddiness rushed through the young tom as a silent ‘mrrp’ escaped his maw, his paws happily stomping in eager anticipation. “S-spruce! It Lamb!” He mewed, tail raised as his icy blue eyes landed on the fellow tom. Lambpaw had almost had the desirable urge to get closer to the tom so he could further inspect what he was doing, but quickly stopped himself from doing so. That was invading his personal space, and that was something that Lambpaw didn’t want to do. However, Lambpaw was pleased to notice that Sprucepaw kept the items that he gave to him. It gave him a sense of satisfaction, in a way. Hopefully he didn’t mind that Lambpaw was already wanting to see how he was doing, judging from the flame-point impatiently squirming in his place.

@Alchemist Kitsune [ Lamb is super excited to see Spruce, lol ]

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.

Last edited by iliri; July 26th, 2023 at 03:46 PM.
Old July 26th, 2023, 06:02 PM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

Well, since Drizzlecloud was checking the nursery for anyone that was needing a check-up, it wouldn’t hurt for her to take a small peek in the apprentices’ den for anyone that needed any medical attention, right? Surely it shouldn’t do any harm for anyone? As the calico slowly peeked her head into the apprentice’s den, a wave of nostalgia began to wash through her as she glanced around the vast majority of the den. It had been a while since she had bothered to step back into this den and it felt rather bittersweet to look back at the old memories of when she herself used to sleep in the den. She had to force herself not to back out of the den due to the gut-wrenching memories that kept pouring through her brain. The old camp’s den felt more bittersweet than this one, but it still felt hard to even enter a den that she shared memories about. Winterpaw always tried to find his lost feather everytime he lost his precious feather, or everytime that he and Summerpaw would try to get into a ridiculous argument and she would have to be the one that broke it up. Stars, such memories left her numb, almost an aching feeling in the depths of her heart. She would do anything for her dear younger siblings to come back.

Nonetheless, she silently passed the thought aside, slowly entering the den as she glanced around in her surroundings, her eyes passing over each empty den that decorated the cool floor of the den. “Hello? Does anyone have any sort of injuries that need to be looked at? Or… anything in general?” she called, making sure her voice was loud enough for any cat to hear her speak in case they were in a need of a check-up. Or, if that wasn’t the case, she could always just… talk with them. That wouldn’t be much of a biggie either.

[open to any apprentice! spring is just checking to see if anyone needs any check-ups or is just down for a simple conversation ]

Old July 28th, 2023, 12:56 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Sprucepaw |

Pawsteps approached as Fudge kept himself quiet. Still. Maybe if he pretended hard enough, they wouldn't notice he was there. Unless it was Tigerdefinitelyexists. He should probably not ignore his mentor. Anyone else could go eat rocks, though. He wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. How could he prove he was worthy of keeping around if the warriors saw him awake and wasting time? Asleep wasting time was obviously much more acceptable. Those were just facts.

Unfortunately for the silky furred kit apprentice, his solitary respite had just ended, an unknown voice talking to him. Pointedly removing his paw from his eyes, the young tom glared upwards, an unamused look on his face as some black and white molly spoke to him. Introducing herself. Excuse him? Rude. He was sleeping. Well, not really. But she didn't have to know that. As far as she knew, she had just woken him up. And he would sell the part, too. With a glare. Not with... actual words. Heavens forbid. That would involve socializing, which would sort of defeat the whole point of his disapproving stare to begin with.

Her question, however, provoked a small shift in his mask. The glare slowly melted away to his more usual, deadpanned face. His... family? Did... did this apprentice think he thought these moss figures were his family? He would have her know he was four moons old, thank you very much. Moss figurine family. Why, he never! They were stand ins for his missing parents. Totally different situation. What did this cat think he was? A kitten? Er... a... younger kitten, in any case. Well, he wasn't! So there!

Indignant, Fudge pulled himself up to a sitting position, his long fur smoothly cascading down his sides as soon as he did. The molly was - for some reason - still speaking to him, introducing herself as... Broken... paw. By instinct, the former kittypet looked down at her paws, seeing nothing wrong with any of them at a glance. Why would anyone name someone Brokenpaw? Actually no. Scratch that. This place had weird names going on. She must have been Brokenkit. Why? Who does that? Did she fall and break something as a kit so they decided to name her after that? Rude didn't quite cut it there anymore, now did it?

He supposed that explained why she was rude herself. Well... almost rude. He wasn't really sleeping, but she still wasn't supposed to know that! Still, she was attempting to be nice, he supposed. Something Fudge himself wasn't overly fond of doing himself. But he supposed that if he was going to be living here, he might as well get to know some of the names of the cats in this den and... play somewhat... acceptably with them. Better than finding himself on the wrong end of a beat up by these paw named cats.

"Appreciated," the young tom offered simply, his voice monotone as he spoke.

Look, he could offer up a kind word. Don't expect him to put emotion into it, and he would get along just fine with the other. Maybe. If she didn't expect him to keep talking. And would back up. Just a little. About five nests over. Yeah, that sounded about right.

He thought this was the only interaction he would have today. Fudge was usually lucky to get away with no interactions in a day, but the few times he was cursed to socialize, it was a one time thing. He was done. The apprentice wasn't really the most popular cat in the clan, and he liked that just fine. It was this very reason that even he couldn't help the look of surprise that crossed his face as he heard his name called once more.

Emerald orbs round, the chocolate point tom turned to glance at a familiar face. Oh good... Catti- No, Lamb was here. And he seemed... hyper. For some reason. At least Lamb wasn't chatty. And he was... alright. He'd given him the moss figurines and gifts, so it wasn't like Fudge could just kick him out of his nest for a simple hello. Even he wasn't that fickle.

"Recognized," he responded, his voice back to that uninterested drawl, his eyes once more bored and unamused.

It seemed he was in a bit of a situation here. Surrounded as he was by Broken and Lamb. What were the social norms of such a situation? When it had been his littermates, they had just spoken while sitting around him. Their own way of including him without forcing him into the conversation... until they abandoned him, of course. So what was he supposed to do here? With a lifted brow, the young tom turned his gaze on to Broken and back at Lamb. He would leave this to them. It seemed like a wordier situation than he cared to be delegated, in any case.

-

@TheVillainKing [Brokenpaw] | @ares [Lambpaw]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old July 28th, 2023, 07:30 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Treepaw]
Her voice if colored text is hard to read, let me know so I can adjust!
31/100

A familiar voice made her ears twitch as the young apprentice let out a yawn in protest. Her muscles were aching from the tree climbing she'd been doing lately. Alderstep said her muscles would need building so she made sure to get a head start on it! She'd make him proud!

he'll know. . . he'll find out!

Oh, right. . . the Sweetpaw situation. A shudder left her body as the image of mangled Sweetpaw entered her mind. That really happened. . . "It'll be fine," She whispered to herself, giving her head a shake. Now was not the time!!

Treepaw jumped to her paws and with a quick pace, she padded towards the den entrance. "Good morning Alderstep!" She spoke enthusiastically, giving him a friendly blink before turning and setting herself down next to him. He was awaiting the newest addition. She was excited to meet them!

@jupiter @.squid

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; July 28th, 2023 at 07:31 PM.
Old July 29th, 2023, 09:21 PM
Dabi Obsessed

Bump Policy: "Burn Like Kindle For My Flames" - Dabi
My Mood: Lonely

Brokenpaw stretched out her forepaws a bit, this apprentice... wasn't very talkitive... or friendly for that matter, judging from his glaring eyes. ah... well, she didn't quite care. Afterall... She Was Brokenpaw wasn't she? The Broken apprentice Everyone Seemed to hate or Ignore. Not that She Had a Problem with that... Her Sister... er... brother, was all the friends she needed... him and fillypaw... not that she knew where that nusence was... oh, now where was she... right... trying to be nice. though she supposed from the look the tom was giving her, her attempts where noot appreciated. nor wanted.

Well, The Queen of Broken had little interest in anyone with an attitude like that... Oh... now here's a New One... Lambpaw she believe'd his name was... ahh... she looked them over silently, with a quick glance, judging that they must be quite the energetic type. Well... good For Them.

Brokenpaw pressed a paw to her face to sweep aside her bang-like head fur. ugh... she'd really wished that hadn't came with her genetic traits. but better then some others she could have inheirited. from those weird Circus fools... what even purpose did a Circus? whatever that was? have?

Brokenpaw shifted her gaze back to the two younger apprentices. Quite an Odd Pair. But, Brokenpaw supposed that was None of her Business. "Well, i suppose i'll just get back to my... oh how to put it... own business?" she meowed slightly in offensive a tone. she knew where she wasn't wanted, and this was one of those times. again... why should she care?

She never did really... Thats Why she knew She was one That Couldn't be fixed, afterall they hadn't named her Brokenpaw for the Fun of it.

She Stood up straight, her short kinked tail twitching in the slight breeze of the opening air outside. what another beautiful day to waste away in the shadows. "Well i Suppose this isn't Goodbye... Since we Sleep in the Same Den... So For now, i'll Say So Long" She Mewed, chosing her words before she said anything. "have a... Nice day... I suppose"

With that, she disappeared oout the den entrance.

@Alchemist Kitsune @ares

Pet's name: Zeki Of The Frozen Dawn