Today 11:39 PM

Old November 8th, 2021, 08:32 PM
Collector of Screams

Bump Policy: -
My Mood: Fanatic

Default Re: Sky Glade

- Galeflower -

@ChillCat @teddybr

There was a chill in the air as Galeflower padded through the forest. The woodland floor, springy and laden with pine needles, seemed especially dark that day - luckily, the trees would thin out a bit just ahead, and finally, the Sky Glade would appear, awash with heather. It would be cold, yes, but warmer than in the dim forest - that, she was counting on. A nice change of pace, if you will, from the dreary pines.

Raising her tail, the young warrior silently called for the attention of her clanmates. She didn't wait for them to gather, nor did she turn to meet their gazes - they were wasting daylight, after all. "Alright, you two - let's try for some rabbits near the Sentinel's base, and gradually move outward around it. And let me make it clear: We are not going into the tunnels." She paused, letting the words spat from her mouth as if they were Dark Forest-spawn themselves sink in. She wasn't scared of them, no - but the thought of their imposing black depths made her fur stand on end, and she didn't want any run-ins with tunnel-goers today, even though, she had to admit, it would be nice to return to camp with a bit of WindClan fur stuck between her claws. "Got it?" Without another word, Galeflower leaped forward, racing toward the Sky Glade - rightfully claimed territory her patrol was sure to make good use of.
Old November 8th, 2021, 09:01 PM
oyasumi

My Mood: Crazy

@teddybr @Mercury Ravenblaze is a warrior now so I'm gonna say they've been a warrior the whole time

Yay! Ravenblaze's first patrol as a warrior, and in the territory they named! It was going to be great!
Noticing a rabbit nibbling on something by the Sentinel, they stopped listening to what Galeflower said. "Hey, there's a rabbit there," they whispered, getting low to the ground. Slowly creeping forward, they counted on the others to do what they had to do.
Ravenblaze||Dragcave Ask to trade with me!

Dealing with mental health problems, replies will be slow. Bump after 48 hours. PLEASE MENTION ME OR I WILL FORGET WHAT'S GOING ON.
Old November 9th, 2021, 12:59 AM

My Mood: Lurking

Robincall @ChillCat @Mercury
"Noted." He replied rather blankly, though noticing that Ravenpaw-blaze has gone off on their own. Rather amused by the two he had followed he sniffed the air for rabbits. There was plentiful, there were obvious markings everywhere on the field. "I would prefer not to be buried either~" Finally a light scent of rabbit and he finds himself drifting towards the scent. Though the fields there are still a lingering smell of Wind Clan, though it is beginning to be covered in its rightful scent.

(soz idk if there is a seperate hunting mechanic i should know about-)

ShadowClan
Robincall - Warrior

Outsiders
Josie - Kittypet
Old November 10th, 2021, 10:41 PM
Collector of Screams

Bump Policy: -
My Mood: Fanatic

- Galeflower -

@ChillCat @teddybr

As her patrolmates chose their targets, Galeflower honed in on a rabbit of her own. It nibbled on some sort of nut or seed between the roots of the Sentinel, plump and juicy - ripe for the pickings. She lowered her torso until her chest fur was just brushing the ground, pupils wide and shining in the lazy sunlight. Creeping forward, using sprigs of heather as cover, the dark molly advanced toward her prey. But as a crack split the easy quiet, the rabbit's head shot up. Galeflower cursed under her breath - she had stepped on a twig. How idiotic could she get? Before she could take another breath, the rabbit was pelting away, and, digging her claws into the peaty ground, Galeflower sprang forward, giving chase.

The two creatures raced closer and closer toward WindClan's territory, weaving through the long grasses and blooms of heather. Galeflower was gaining fast, but if she didn't put on some speed, the rabbit would cross the border before she'd catch it. With a grunt, the warrior forced herself to go faster, faster, faster, before, with one final leap, she bowled the rabbit away from the border and back toward the center of the Sky Glade. Tumbling a few fox lengths, she scrambled for traction, before realizing there was no use. Her swipe had sent the dusky brown creature careening into a rocky outcrop - it was already dead. Hmph. A bit anticlimactic, but I caught the stupid thing, didn't I? Galeflower would take the win for what it was worth. Trotting over to pick up her catch, she glanced between her clanmates to check how they were doing on their respective hunts.
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:04 AM
chirps

Ah, so it appeared that as much as Addersnow had captured Peaches' interest, she had also gotten under her pelt. Good. There were few cats that had the gull to stand up to Dawnstar in a way that asserted a twisted sense of powerful loyalty - like he did what with his brute force in exchange for living in ShadowClan - so he was pleased to hear the same had occurred with his companion. "That's the best part, unfortunately. Too bad you got left out," he added, rolling his shoulders back as he recalled his own fight to gain entry to ShadowClan.

There were many ways one could poke at the massive ShadowClan to draw her attention - though if not done carefully the cat on the other end of her newly acquired interest would end up dead. A fine line between intrigue and annoyance, as Grimhound had learned quickly. He figured he was both to the molly, a title he smirked at the thought of and planned to keep for the foreseeable future.

Giving a side-eye glance and a knowing smirk, the hound simply let out an exaggerated sigh. He let the first part of her question dwindle in the air, but the second made him pause. He hadn't exactly tested how much free reign Dawnstar would give him - aside from the border ambush he had launched with Redshrike and their apprentices at the time. "Well lets see... I've already messed with the guppies plenty, and started a pelt-giving cult for Dawnstar courtesy of several... unfortunate bunnies," he began, not able to stifle the chuckle. Amber eyes flashed thoughtfully as he returned Addersnow's gaze. "I've yet to really test the squirrel's limits though. You might have seen them at the Gathering. Puffy, shouting, trying to seem as self-righteous as they possibly could? I think they're lead by a fluffy russet furball now."

Ah yes, ThunderClan. So far the hound had only one interaction with a warrior from their Clan, and he was far too soft for his liking. The scarred tom required challenge, not a doormat. The thought of sinking his claws into one of their fluffy pelts made his talons curl into the earth and a smile spread across his dark face.

// @Jackpot [apologies for the delay!]
Old November 11th, 2021, 08:27 PM
oyasumi

My Mood: Crazy

Ravenblaze crept towards the rabbit as slow as they possibly could. The rabbit, unknowing of it's fate, still rooted around in the grass for plants it would only enjoy for a short time. As the rabbit pulled a flower out of the ground, Ravenblaze landed on top of i and delivered a killing bite. My first catch as a warrior and in the territory I named! Sweet. @teddybr @Mercury Sorry for the short reply i'm sick
Ravenblaze||Dragcave Ask to trade with me!

Dealing with mental health problems, replies will be slow. Bump after 48 hours. PLEASE MENTION ME OR I WILL FORGET WHAT'S GOING ON.
Old November 11th, 2021, 09:37 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Robincall (all goods mah dude) @ChillCat @Mercury
Ironically, he would much prefer rabbits than birds. Seeing a rabbit in the fields he crouches down, eyes diluting as it seems almost too perfect- until a crack echoed nearby, before he know it he noticed that his hunting leader has given chase to another rabbit, the rabbit he had his eyes on picked up on the sound and was about to dart off.

Cursing under his breath, he took a premature leap of faith, luckily landing on the hinds of the rabbit, it was still struggling under his paw as he tries to make it a quick death. However, the rabbit suffered much too long than he has liked.

His fowl mood rises as he looked over at Galeflower with her catch, though he didn't say anything as he lashed his tail in annoyance as he picked up his rather unclean kill.

ShadowClan
Robincall - Warrior

Outsiders
Josie - Kittypet
Old November 23rd, 2021, 02:26 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

@tomatosoup
apologies for such a late reply!!;; its a bit rushed//

➸ buzzardpaw

she frowned, "that's not it, not even close." buzzardpaw mewed, though stayed crouching, low. "i know i can, i just don't see..the point. i bet most of our clanmates will just rip them apart since they associate bunnies with windclanners." she was guilty of putting the two together, too. but she wouldn't go put so much effort into being a brutal loser.

"but if you insist, i guess I'll try to hunt one." she sighed, parting her jaws slightly. a dusty, heather-y scent that she was sure was rabbit, was..somewhere to her right. it was far enough away that she simply did not think she had the patience to creep all the way over there. lifting herself just slightly above a crouch, she began stalking in the direction of the scent.

she crouched down again when she felt it was right, looking around. she wasn't really sure where she should even look, only spotting the rabbit after glancing around for a couple of heartbeats. she crept forward, watching the prey twitch it's whiskers and hop around. for a moment, she thought she had a chance to get close enough to try and leap on it - apparently, the world had other plans. as she was nearing closer to the rabbit, a bird flew overhead, letting out a loud cry and she watched in disappointment as the rabbit ran off as fast as it could. talk about an epic failure.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old November 24th, 2021, 03:46 PM

My Mood: Sleepy

@finnzel (its okay dude take ur time)

Nightfoot hummed as Buzzardpaw explained her reasoning. It was good reasoning, too, and showed a solid paw on the pulse of camp politics, always a smart thing to do in ShadowClan.

Truthfully, Nightfoot knew some cats would turn their noses up at particular kinds of prey, but he didn't realize it was bad enough that a smart cat- young or no- would think bringing rabbits home would be a waste of time. Well, it wouldn't be entirely. Eldershade would eat rabbit and not be bothered, and he could think of a few others who wouldn't care what kind of prey was brought in. And, of course, there would be cats happy to gorge themselves on WindClan's former territory...

He watched Buzzardpaw stalk a rabbit, giving up when a hawk shrieked overhead. He padded softly closer.

"Bad luck," he meowed, softly. "Your form is good, you got quite close." he cast a critical eye up at the sky. "... give it a few minutes, and try again."

Last edited by tomatosoup; November 24th, 2021 at 03:47 PM.
Old November 30th, 2021, 09:11 PM
I'm YOLOsixual &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;a mp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; P OGg ende r

My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy. View Post
- @Fletcher

The walk to the glade was silent, like neither of them knew what to say to each other. Which was fine, Brackenfire felt like they could still enjoy each other´s company without talking. But surely, the silence would be broken. Eventually. She cast a side glance to him, making sure she stayed at stride with him, instead of pulling ahead like she usually did during walks. As they entered the glade, she sat beside him in the center of the clearing, watching him as he seemed to prepare to speak.

It seemed like he wanted to continue their discussion about Dawnstar and how horrible she was. Not that she had a problem with it, if it helped him unload all of his stress and all of his issues, then she was perfectly fine with it. She listened to his words, nodding a little once he finished. What he said was pretty dead-on, and her yellow eyes trained on his face revealed that he meant everything, too.

She waited a moment before replying, wanting to weigh her words well. "Yes, that´s true." The she-cat admitted, nodding. "It will catch up to her in the near future, although I can´t say I´m looking forward to that egomaniac of a deputy to take over." Huh. Look at them, slandering the leader and deputy of the Clan they lived in. She preferred Dawnstar over Shadestorm any day, but she wasn´t sure how much better they were. But, she had to agree that Dawnstar was the reason ShadowClan thrived today. She looked down at her paws. "We can´t do anything about it, anyways." Brackenfire almost added how loyal she was to Dawnstar, but that may not go over well with Bounceberry. Her friendship with the medicine cat was stronger that that with the leader, she wasn´t ashamed to admit. Even though Dawnstar was her "mother".

"All we can do is be loyal to ourselves and those we love. Those who have done wrong will get what´s coming to them." Her words were, in her opinion, pretty damn right.

It seemed like Bounceberry was letting Dawnstar get to him again. The words, the insults, the taunts. She flattened her ears slightly. "You need to stop caring about what she says." She said tartly. "If you really dislike her, you shouldn´t be letting her words do this to you."
Bounceberry scoffed at Brackenfire's last sentence, his ears drooping a little, "I d-do not take what she says to heart. She can threaten and tease me all she wants, I do not care," his nose twitched and he lowered his head further, looking very small, "But w-when she threatens my clanmates? Other cats who have no power over her? Cats who have to live in fear over someone who should be the one cat we can go to? That's w-when I have a problem."

Bounceberry shook his head, sighing and staring up at the sky, "I know. Maybe it's f-foolish to care about cats in other clans, or those who seem weak, but all Dawnstar has is her claws and teeth, it's all she knows how to use..."

Bounceberry

Bump me literally whenever, I'm quite busy and do need reminders!

Bounceberry is Shadowclan's Medicine Cat, apply for healing here. He has a semi-open den policy, make sure to read the rules!