Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 08:35 AM

Old June 19th, 2021, 06:38 AM

My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: ShadowClan Training Cliffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread View Post
→˚₊·* Pinepaw
The apprentice pondered for a bit. "Well, I'm pretty sure I have learned everything else I need. I would like to work more on battling though." Pinepaw was very nervous about her assessment, which was unfortunately nearing.
‧₊˚┊ @Silverfur & Co

Darktiger nods and stands up again. "Alright so we did the paw swipes now let's see." She looked around trying to think. "Well let's try to see if u can use the shadows to blend in." She mews softly looking at her apprentice. She was scrambling to think of other fight moves she was taught. She didn't use them unless she had to.

Snowstripe- RC Featherspirit-RC ~ ~ Lightpaw {Sunshine}- WC Leopardfire- WC

Old June 20th, 2021, 10:26 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

@Nostalgia

Of course, Finchwhisker hadn't expected Finchpaw to perfectly dodge a complicated direction-changing attack like that. But he'd sensed the apprentice's moment of panic, so that was something they needed to work on. Fear and panic would do absolutely no good in the heat of a battle. If he hadn't managed to somehow land back on his paws, Finchpaw would've been much more susceptible to a follow-up attack.

Verbal feedback would be given once they were finished, so the tabby tom got lined up for the next attack. He went for a much simpler move this time, actually charging head-on, but at a slower speed than typical, and extending a paw to try and sweep Finchpaw's legs out from beneath him. Hopefully, the younger tom would be able to dodge, or at least partially dodge the full attack. If not, then they definitely needed to cover the absolute basics of defense. And perhaps some sort of practice with reaction time could be in order as well.

Character Site ✩ Bump after 3 days. ✩
Old June 20th, 2021, 11:18 PM

My Mood: Happy

@Puddle~
Still trying to even out his breath, Finchpaw watched the older tom for the silver of a second as Finchwhisker had crouched in preparation for his next attack. Had he been surprised by Finchpaw’s management of that last attack? Finchpaw himself was slightly surprised it had gone that well. With his chest still heaving he saw Finchwhisker charge at him, though at a slower pace.

Immediately Finchpaw thought this was meant to be a sneak attack of some sort, why else would just a grand cat move like this? With his belt bristled he watched the deputy’s paws, trying to calculate his next move. As Finchwhisker shot out a paw Finchpaw reflexivity did the same. He swipped at his mentors one front paw that was planted on the ground as retaliation. He knew he should have dodged it but his stubbornness made him want to take the attack head on. His paw hit Finchwhiskers and he gave it his all to swipe it from under him just as he felt his mentor doing the same. He felt his left front paw swiped and he dropped his right shoulder, rolling away from his mentor. He looked up to see whether his own attack had any effect on the deputy.

on hiatus due to personal reasons .

Last edited by Nostalgia; June 20th, 2021 at 11:23 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 12:43 AM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

@Shade.
[ whoop sorry this took a sec !! p.s if the font is too small to read lmk !! it's just used to emphasis how strained wolfwhisper's voice is atm ]
The eyebags under Wolfwhisper's eyes seemed to have lessen -- he was less of a mess. Buzzardpaw's tactic didn't work out, not yet at least but he got some rest. The only problem? His voice? It was hating him right now.

The short tom cleared his throat, smiling at Rookpaw, his wonderful apprentice that could do no wrong! "We'reee.. going to focus on some basic offensive and defensive moves. The first ..one we'll do is very good against larger opponents! You.. jumppp on their back so they cannot do any deep blows. Scratch at their sides, anything to slow them down! If you have a loose grip, let go. Don't risk it... Also, the moment they even start to drop to the floor -- jump off, " Wolfwhisper explained, nodding along. He had no idea what he was doing.

"Keep your claws sheathed for thisss but I just want you to try it on me real quick!" He meowed, gazing at Rookpaw intently to see what she would do. He braced for the attack.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- easing back into roleplay / dealing with finals --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; June 23rd, 2021 at 12:43 AM.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 12:53 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by x ghostie View Post
@Shade.
[ whoop sorry this took a sec !! p.s if the font is too small to read lmk !! it's just used to emphasis how strained wolfwhisper's voice is atm ]
The eyebags under Wolfwhisper's eyes seemed to have lessen -- he was less of a mess. Buzzardpaw's tactic didn't work out, not yet at least but he got some rest. The only problem? His voice? It was hating him right now.

The short tom cleared his throat, smiling at Rookpaw, his wonderful apprentice that could do no wrong! "We'reee.. going to focus on some basic offensive and defensive moves. The first ..one we'll do is very good against larger opponents! You.. jumppp on their back so they cannot do any deep blows. Scratch at their sides, anything to slow them down! If you have a loose grip, let go. Don't risk it... Also, the moment they even start to drop to the floor -- jump off, " Wolfwhisper explained, nodding along. He had no idea what he was doing.

"Keep your claws sheathed for thisss but I just want you to try it on me real quick!" He meowed, gazing at Rookpaw intently to see what she would do. He braced for the attack.
Rookpaw had been very much looking forward to battle training. So today her mood swings had set on her hyper, childish personality. Her walk was in fact a prance. She settled in though as Wolfwhisper explained the move. OK, Rookpaw, focus. She sucked at focusing but if she put her mind to it she could. And she was genuinely interested in battle moves. She didn't know how she'd do.
The move seemed strange on account of Rookpaw already being taller than her mentor, though considerably more skinny. So her jumping on him or even 9ver him would be no big deal. Her long legs often made her movements awkward though.
She backed up, claws sheathed, and ran at him with all the fury she had. She leaped up landing on him a little sloppily. She looked like a stick insect. She granted at him with her paws carefully and prepared to jump off if he tried to remove her.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 08:38 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
Rookpaw had been very much looking forward to battle training. So today her mood swings had set on her hyper, childish personality. Her walk was in fact a prance. She settled in though as Wolfwhisper explained the move. OK, Rookpaw, focus. She sucked at focusing but if she put her mind to it she could. And she was genuinely interested in battle moves. She didn't know how she'd do.
The move seemed strange on account of Rookpaw already being taller than her mentor, though considerably more skinny. So her jumping on him or even 9ver him would be no big deal. Her long legs often made her movements awkward though.
She backed up, claws sheathed, and ran at him with all the fury she had. She leaped up landing on him a little sloppily. She looked like a stick insect. She granted at him with her paws carefully and prepared to jump off if he tried to remove her.
Wolfwhisper was rather aware of that fact Rookpaw was taller and bigger than him. However the move was still important in his eyes -- she would need it for dogs or full-grown warriors.

What he was not aware was how awkward this would be. He staggered at the sudden weight. He made quick notes on how Rookpaw attached herself to him. He dropped to his paws -- rolling away from the apprentice.

Rising back up, he gave her a nod. "Good! In a real battle make sure to use your back and frontpaws to latch on. It'll be more easier though to find proper footing on a uh, much,, more,, bigger opponent. Now what do you do if someone does this to you?" Wolfwhisper offered a smile.

Once again, he dropped to his paws before rolling and lashing out at the ground. "See? You drop, roll, then attack or jump away. It uh, may seem silly but it's a good defensive move. You try it."

pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; June 23rd, 2021 at 08:39 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 10:41 PM
Mysterious....

Quote:
Wolfwhisper was rather aware of that fact Rookpaw was taller and bigger than him. However the move was still important in his eyes -- she would need it for dogs or full-grown warriors.

What he was not aware was how awkward this would be. He staggered at the sudden weight. He made quick notes on how Rookpaw attached herself to him. He dropped to his paws -- rolling away from the apprentice.

Rising back up, he gave her a nod. "Good! In a real battle make sure to use your back and frontpaws to latch on. It'll be more easier though to find proper footing on a uh, much,, more,, bigger opponent. Now what do you do if someone does this to you?" Wolfwhisper offered a smile.

Once again, he dropped to his paws before rolling and lashing out at the ground. "See? You drop, roll, then attack or jump away. It uh, may seem silly but it's a good defensive move. You try it."
Rookpaw hopped off the moment he rolled. She was good at this! She landed away and observed him as he rolled. So, she needed to do the same? This was going to be a little strange. As Rookpaw tried to rpll, her long legs flailed everywhere. Her height made her look like an angry pile of sticks. Too bad rookoaw was 50% legs and 50% pure malice.
Old June 24th, 2021, 07:34 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
Rookpaw hopped off the moment he rolled. She was good at this! She landed away and observed him as he rolled. So, she needed to do the same? This was going to be a little strange. As Rookpaw tried to rpll, her long legs flailed everywhere. Her height made her look like an angry pile of sticks. Too bad rookoaw was 50% legs and 50% pure malice.
Wolfwhisper really tried not to laugh as Rookpaw uhm, flailed her legs around. He turned his head away, covering up the dry chuckles that came from his sore throat. "A, ahem -" He cleared his throat, turning to his apprentice. m

"That was good! Though, uh.. next time tuck your legs in when you roll. It'll,, make things smoother and you can get up quicker, " Wolfwhisper meowed, tilting his head. "Next move then, you can choose! Defense or Offense?"

pronouns.cc
Old June 24th, 2021, 10:33 PM
Mysterious....

Quote:
Wolfwhisper really tried not to laugh as Rookpaw uhm, flailed her legs around. He turned his head away, covering up the dry chuckles that came from his sore throat. "A, ahem -" He cleared his throat, turning to his apprentice. m

"That was good! Though, uh.. next time tuck your legs in when you roll. It'll,, make things smoother and you can get up quicker, " Wolfwhisper meowed, tilting his head. "Next move then, you can choose! Defense or Offense?"
Rookpaw was entirely aware that she looked ridiculous. She would take his advice to heart since, well, she didn't want to look ridiculous. The tall black cat stood up and shook her spiky pelt. Hmm...offence ot defence?
"Offence! I wanna murder everyone. "
Old June 25th, 2021, 09:53 PM
is cereal a soup?

My Mood: Lurking

→˚₊·* Pinepaw
The apprentice nodded at Darktiger's directions and walked backward fading into the shadows of the tall shady trees. To her advantage, her pelt consisted of blacks and dark greys, so it was easily blendable — other than the fact that her eyes gave her away. Anyways, the molly decided to go into her battle stance and wait for further direction from her mentor because she was unsure of what to do after.
‧₊˚┊ @Silverfur & Co - sorry for the late reply

→˚₊·* please bump me if i haven't responded in 48 hours! *·₊˚←

‧₊˚ || slow replies | character site || ˚₊‧