Last post by Bean
Today 08:14 AM
Lurking in the Bracken [p]
by ollie
Last post by ollie
Today 08:03 AM

Old September 30th, 2022, 03:27 PM
i'm back!! & amp; amp; amp; amp; l t;3

Bump Policy: after one week; patrols bumps can be done every 2 days, I’m forgetful at times-
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: Windy Hills

[ooc: so sorry i'm skipping your turn! i have work tonight so i'm trying to get this wrapped up! ^^' remeber to post Irispaw's vole in the WindClan Prey Pile! before she come and joins Ashflight in the reporting!]

[Ashflight]

After no response from Irispaw, he hummed lightly before going to catch the hare himself, stalking quietly and would stop moving when the hare would look up from it's digging. He narrowed his eyes slightly before pouncing onto the hare, biting into it's neck as well. Sending a quick thanks to StarClan he grabbed the hare and went to dig up his other mouse. Once he had both of them he poked Irispaw in the shoulder with this tail, "Come on Irispaw, grab your vole and lets go and report to Fallownose." They said before starting to walk back toward the camp.

[ @aveline. ]

bump after a week
posting days are tuesday, thursday, and saturday if i happen to post outside of this, it's for my own enjoyment
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)
Old October 1st, 2022, 04:55 AM

Bump Policy: after 3 days!!
My Mood: Inspired

Irispaw

Irispaw had been dimly aware that Ashflight had said something. She had been too absorbed in her first experience hunting. Gosh, she hated feeling like she'd just ended an innocent creature's life. Shaking herself out of her daze, she saw Ashflight catch a hare, and tell her to get the vole so they could go back to camp and report to Fallownose. Irispaw nodded, grabbing the vole in her maw, and followe Ashflight back to camp.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 02:13 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

@oleander (we pretend this is a very good quality not rushed at all post)
Tawnypaw nodded, making her way towards the patch of dandelions. Her mouth was small, so she couldn't carry as many flowers as Crowfoot, so she just grabbed two more dandelions, making her total three. She walked back over to Crowfoot. "If three dandelions are enough I'm ready to go back to Cowpaw whenever." Tawnypaw muttered, her voice muffled through the herbs.

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old October 3rd, 2022, 02:33 PM
i'm back!! &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; l t;3

Bump Policy: after one week; patrols bumps can be done every 2 days, I’m forgetful at times-
My Mood: Mysterious

@celeste tis all good!! it's an amazing post! /lh /gen /pos

Crowfoot nodded his head, "That should be good, hopefully there will be enough time before leafbare to collect more if Cowpaw needs more." His voice muffled as he spoke before he lead the apprentice back to camp. Ears swiveling to hear for any sounds, especially of the large birds that circled in the sky at times.

bump after a week
posting days are tuesday, thursday, and saturday if i happen to post outside of this, it's for my own enjoyment
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)
Old October 17th, 2022, 02:18 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

The large black apprentice padded along the hills, searching hopefully for even the smallest mushroom. Driftpaw looked over at the warrior he was assigned to do the herb patrol with. "Found anything?" He called, looking back at the ground.

[ @SplashedCanvas ]

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old October 17th, 2022, 09:39 PM

My Mood: Pensive

Beetleblaze

|24 Moons|
Hunting Patrol Beginning Post

As Beetleblaze bounded through the heart of the moorlands his speed was measured. He was trying his best to keep a friendly pace which would not leave Cloverpaw behind. He felt too tired to run full speed anyway, so this excuse worked out well for him. He hoped StarClan would offer up the last of the fat and slow prey before the coming of leafbare. The three recognizable hills were now in view with the tallest in the center. Thankfully the duo were already downwind which would make sneaking up on prey a little easier.

I better make sure Cloverpaw knows his basics before we reach the hills. He guessed he probably should have checked in camp, but he was new to this whole mentor thing. Not to mention he lacked an optimal amount of sleep. The tom slowed a bit before whirling around to see if his apprentice was still behind him. Emerald eyes searching for the white cats visible form.

@prancer

"Only those who try, will become." Khimari Ronso

Last edited by Quietheart; October 25th, 2022 at 09:15 AM. Reason: hunting patrol demarcation
Old October 17th, 2022, 09:55 PM
we're young, be dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietheart View Post
Beetleblaze

|24 Moons|

As Beetleblaze bounded through the heart of the moorlands his speed was measured. He was trying his best to keep a friendly pace which would not leave Cloverpaw behind. He felt too tired to run full speed anyway, so this excuse worked out well for him. He hoped StarClan would offer up the last of the fat and slow prey before the coming of leafbare. The three recognizable hills were now in view with the tallest in the center. Thankfully the duo were already downwind which would make sneaking up on prey a little easier.

I better make sure Cloverpaw knows his basics before we reach the hills. He guessed he probably should have checked in camp, but he was new to this whole mentor thing. Not to mention he lacked an optimal amount of sleep. The tom slowed a bit before whirling around to see if his apprentice was still behind him. Emerald eyes searching for the white cats visible form.

@prancer

Clover'Paw

As fast as clover tried to run, his mentor seemed three bounds ahead
on the unfamiliar terrain leaving Clover to force his paws faster. Slightly
taking notes on the terrain. Is this what it's truly like out here? He always
thought everything would be.. smaller and closer to camp.. or was that
the lazy part of him speaking up?

Once his mentor whirled around he didn't know either to be relieved he
could catch up or be embarrassed that he couldn't already keep up. His
pale pine green eyes met emerald.

Previously:⤳ Aethon ⤳ Prancer

Last edited by .Sein; October 17th, 2022 at 09:56 PM.
Old October 17th, 2022, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer View Post

Clover'Paw

As fast as clover tried to run, his mentor seemed three bounds ahead
on the unfamiliar terrain leaving Clover to force his paws faster. Slightly
taking notes on the terrain. Is this what it's truly like out here? He always
thought everything would be.. smaller and closer to camp.. or was that
the lazy part of him speaking up?

Once his mentor whirled around he didn't know either to be relieved he
could catch up or be embarrassed that he couldn't already keep up. His
pine green eyes met emerald.
Beetleblaze

|24 Moons|

After a quick moment of searching Beetleblaze spotted his white ward some distance from him, trying with great effort to close the gap between them. I wonder if he's ever slipped out of camp before? As the older tom immersed himself in memories of his own childhood and his penchant for sneaking out at night Cloverpaw caught up to his position. He could see the relief in his face as the apprentice locked his dark green gaze with Beetleblaze's own lighter shaded eyes. He waited in silence for a few moments allowing the younger cat to catch his breath before speaking. "Is it your first time out of camp?" The curiosity in his voice was mildly sheathed by his naturally thick rasp.

The tan tabby wondered briefly if he should explain the territory before the hunting lesson, but decided to shelve that lesson for another day. Even if Cloverpaw wasn't quite ready for hunting yet it was true tht sometimes the best way to learn something was to make a few mistakes first. It would keep his curiosity alive and spirit hungry.

@prancher

Last edited by Quietheart; October 17th, 2022 at 10:16 PM.
Old October 17th, 2022, 10:28 PM
we're young, be dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietheart View Post
Beetleblaze

|24 Moons|

After a quick moment of searching Beetleblaze spotted his white ward some distance from him, trying with great effort to close the gap between them. I wonder if he's ever slipped out of camp before? As the older tom immersed himself in memories of his own childhood and his penchant for sneaking out at night Cloverpaw caught up to his position. He could see the relief in his face as the apprentice locked his dark green gaze with Beetleblaze's own lighter shaded eyes. He waited in silence for a few moments allowing the younger cat to catch his breath before speaking. "Is it your first time out of camp?" The curiosity in his voice was mildly sheathed by his naturally thick rasp.

The tan tabby wondered briefly if he should explain the territory before the hunting lesson, but decided to shelve that lesson for another day. Even if Cloverpaw wasn't quite ready for hunting yet it was true tht sometimes the best way to learn something was to make a few mistakes first. It would keep his curiosity alive and spirit hungry.

@prancher

Clover'Paw

Clover'Paw was a little stunned by the random question "Never.." of
course it crossed his mind like any other young kit but he didn't feel
like being held back because he wanted to explore further than camp
walls ( Which he already had enough worries about). The way his
mentor mentioned it made him feel as if it was a normal thing and it was
alright but last Clover checked it was the exact opposite.

"Why?" He finally mewed after a while pause his eyes scanning his
mentors face for any emotion that might hint.

( also just a heads up you already quoted and you spelt prancer wrong lol ^^

Previously:⤳ Aethon ⤳ Prancer

Last edited by .Sein; October 17th, 2022 at 10:28 PM.
Old October 17th, 2022, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer View Post

Clover'Paw

Clover'Paw was a little stunned by the random question "Never.." of
course it crossed his mind like any other young kit but he didn't feel
like being held back because he wanted to explore further than camp
walls ( Which he already had enough worries about). The way his
mentor mentioned it made him feel as if it was a normal thing and it was
alright but last Clover checked it was the exact opposite.

"Why?" He finally mewed after a while pause his eyes scanning his
mentors face for any emotion that might hint.

( also just a heads up you already quoted and you spelt prancer wrong lol ^^
(Whoops Lol, clearly I'm getting tired)

Beetleblaze

|24 Moons|

Cloverpaw looked a little taken aback by the warriors question, as if he thought that being out of camp before being apprenticed was something that shouldn't happen. Beetleblaze found this mildly amusing as there were plenty of legitimate reasons for such an occurrence but did not let it show. He guessed by his reaction that he might be a fairly restrained dutiful cat. Well at least he will be easy to handle. He mused that Twilightstar must have taken Cloverpaws nature into consideration when handing him over to a first time mentor. Eventually the apprentice asked the question that was clearly on his mind. Why? Beetleblaze though had more than one reason for asking the question and had an appropriate answer loaded.

"Because we should probably take you on a tour of the territory at some point, and I wanted to know if you were familiar with any particular locations, it would save some time. He answered tactfully adding, "Kits often find a way out of camp. Either they explore on their own outside of clan guidelines, or some danger forces our young out of camp. Beetleblaze was not being entirely truthful but neither was he being completely dishonest with his question. It resided in some grey area in between. He might share his adventures with Cloverpaw one day, but for now the young warrior needed a better feel for his apprentice first. He hoped that if the sleek white tom sensed some deception he would not hold it against him.

He pushed those minor worries to the background of his mind and refocused on the more pressing matter at hand. "Let me see what you know about getting into a hunting crouch." Beetleblaze carefully pulled his puffy tail under his paws and narrowed his eyes in order to observe what progress Cloverpaw had made on his own. The tan tom firmly believed that a cat's natural instincts were sometimes even more essential to the foundations of learning than any traditional regimented lesson.

Last edited by Quietheart; October 17th, 2022 at 11:30 PM. Reason: grammer