by Fritter
Last post by Fritter
Today 02:37 PM
One Word Stories!
by Myling
Last post by PINTO BEAN
Today 02:36 PM

Old May 20th, 2024, 03:00 AM

Status: I'm typing this late at night I should probably sleep.
Bump Policy: Every 48 hours
Default Re: WindClan Territory

Honeypaw
7 Moons
13/100
Purrks: Flock Together T1

Honeypaw nodded and attempted the same. Gentle...gentle... She slowly moved the flower's stem. She managed not to damage the plant. I don't think I hurt it at all. Did I? Afterwards she gentled went for the leaves. She was only able to carry one, but she had done it! She put it down to speak. "Did I do it right?" After speaking she picked it back up and looked at the warrior hopefully.

(+1 Dandelion)
( @Spider-in-the-corner - Tallgrass , @gs29513 - Deadmoon )
Old May 20th, 2024, 01:00 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Deadmoon was in a relatively amiable mood today, so Tallgrass's suggestion that they divvy up the tasks was met with a shrug and Sounds good to me. before the molly limped (starsdamned still injured leg) off in the direction of a few bushes. They seemed more likely to contain webs than the open field which her patrolmates were scavenging for dandelions on, and her suspicion was proven correct. If nothing else, she didn't have to worry about the webs handicapping her ability to get back to camp too much. Her front left shoulder was already useless, might as well wrap the foot in cobwebs and call it done.

This idea became less genius the longer she worked, as it forced her to actually make it bend a little, which it did not particularly want to do. But she got there in the end, via a combination of only going for the lowest hanging strands of web, and bending the bush itself downwards with her teeth. She might have snapped a few branches in the process, but that was by the by. What mattered was that Deadmoon had four cobwebs wrapped around her left front leg by the time she was done, and was able to start hopping back to Tallgrass and Honeypaw who would hopefully have figured out the dandelion situation by the time her (very slow) progress eventually got her back over there. (+4 cobwebs) @CloudlessEve @Spider-in-the-corner
Old May 20th, 2024, 03:51 PM
losing sanity

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Amused

@CloudlessEve @gs29513

TallGrass smiled the apprentice "very good!" he purred then gathered a few more dandelions before looking back to see dead moon waiting "Try to grab one more then we can head back to camp okay?" he smiled before picking up his leaves

(+2 dandelions)
Old May 22nd, 2024, 07:40 PM

Status: I'm typing this late at night I should probably sleep.
Bump Policy: Every 48 hours

Honeypaw
7 Moons
14/100
Purrks: Flock Together T1

One more. That shouldn't be too hard. Honeypaw looked at the territory for another dandelion. She found one and repeated the process. This isn't so bad. They're kinda pretty... "Is this good?" However cool the territory was, she figured they had enough plants for Lightningstorm.

(+1 Dandelion)

(Ahh sorry I'm a little late and it's so short, been busy recently - @Spider-in-the-corner - Tallgrass , @gs29513 - Deadmoon)
Old May 29th, 2024, 07:51 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

"I apologise for my tardiness. Let's be off, shall we;"
She spoke politely, nodding her head in direction of the general territory before heading off. As they went deeper into WindClan's grounds, she slowly to be at Barleypaw's side.
"I regret that we have yet to cover your hunting lesson, but I suppose now will be as good a time as any."
She looked towards Lichenpaw.
"I trust you will be alright, yes? Do stay where I can see and hear you, if you are. I won't limit you otherwise."
Walking through WindClan's home land, Silverrose slowed to a halt, looking around;
"This will do."
She ponders, turning towards Barleypaw.
"I do fear we lack the time to hold a proper lesson, but you can help me. Stand at my side, and lift your nose to the air - if you scent anything, we will approach it together and I shall catch it. We can utilise this moment to practice your stalking."
She looked around.
"When you stalk, bend your knees and keep your tail level; your belly ought to be close to the ground but not touching it as you move. You may begin seeking prey if you have no questions."

[ @Neptune. @Madelaine ]

Old May 30th, 2024, 08:21 AM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Lichenpaw
~<>~
14 moons || she/her || no purrks
scrawny calico with one blind eye; blue eyes

"I'll be alright, yeah," Lichenpaw agrees with a nod and turns away from the group, focusing on her own hunt. She'd done a small bit of hunting while she was finding her way back, and had grown somewhat capable of working around the strange covers on her claws. Because she couldn't rely on them as much, she would have to be quick with her teeth.

[roll: 20 - crit success]
Nose to the ground, Lichenpaw quickly catches scent of a couple mice and, after taking a minute to make sure she's downwind, follows the scent trail to a clump of heather where two decently sized field mice are scratching around at the base of the tall plant. One deep breath in and out... and Lichenpaw springs forward on innate speed, corralling both rodents and killing one with a quick bite, the other pinned firmly beneath her other paw, claws extended but unable to puncture the creature. It squirms for a moment - just a moment - and then Lichenpaw brings her jaws down around it's neck too, sending her thanks to StarClan for the good catch.

Pleased with herself, the small calico takes both rodents in her mouth and buries them nearby to collect later.

[ +2 mice ]
[ @Estelle - silver // @Madelaine - barley ]
Old May 31st, 2024, 11:37 PM
a FNAF enthusiast

Bump Policy: anytime necessary
My Mood: Kingly

Tangledtail trotted along a worn path that twisted through the hazel.

Cottonpaw followed his mentor, with his sister Crowpaw chattering beside him.

Duskypelt brought up the rear, watching the apprentice with amusement and keeping an eye out for either prey or dangers.

(Activity post)

"Worse? Or better?"
Old June 6th, 2024, 08:07 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Barleypaw
[ She/Her - WC App -
Purrks: Heightened Hearing & Flock Together(1) ]

Barleypaw moved after her mentor excited yet nervous about her first hunting patrol. Would she be able to hunt or would her blindness slow her down? No she couldn't think like that. She was a Windclan cat no matter what her disability was. She just couldn't help, but doubt herself a bit. Listening in on her mentor she ran through her head all she was told. She could do that.

Getting low and doing exactly what she was told. She scented the air before coming across mouse scent. She wanted to let Silverrose know, but she was caught in the moment. She moved towards it, but felt her tail brush up against something. [ Flock Together Activated ] The mouse froze and stood there starring at her. She didn't hear it run from her. She moved closer before attacking it and biting down on its neck. It went limp in her jaws and she placed it down. Barleypaw's whiskers twitched. She was confused, but then she ignored it. She had caught her first prey.

[ @Estelle; @Neptune.; ]

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Old June 8th, 2024, 05:52 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Lichenpaw
~<>~
14 moons || she/her || no purrks
scrawny calico with one blind eye; blue eyes

"I'll be alright, yeah," Lichenpaw agrees with a nod and turns away from the group, focusing on her own hunt. She'd done a small bit of hunting while she was finding her way back, and had grown somewhat capable of working around the strange covers on her claws. Because she couldn't rely on them as much, she would have to be quick with her teeth.

[roll: 20 - crit success]
Nose to the ground, Lichenpaw quickly catches scent of a couple mice and, after taking a minute to make sure she's downwind, follows the scent trail to a clump of heather where two decently sized field mice are scratching around at the base of the tall plant. One deep breath in and out... and Lichenpaw springs forward on innate speed, corralling both rodents and killing one with a quick bite, the other pinned firmly beneath her other paw, claws extended but unable to puncture the creature. It squirms for a moment - just a moment - and then Lichenpaw brings her jaws down around it's neck too, sending her thanks to StarClan for the good catch.

Pleased with herself, the small calico takes both rodents in her mouth and buries them nearby to collect later.

[ +2 mice ]
[ @Estelle - silver // @Madelaine - barley ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine View Post
Barleypaw
[ She/Her - WC App -
Purrks: Heightened Hearing & Flock Together(1) ]

Barleypaw moved after her mentor excited yet nervous about her first hunting patrol. Would she be able to hunt or would her blindness slow her down? No she couldn't think like that. She was a Windclan cat no matter what her disability was. She just couldn't help, but doubt herself a bit. Listening in on her mentor she ran through her head all she was told. She could do that.

Getting low and doing exactly what she was told. She scented the air before coming across mouse scent. She wanted to let Silverrose know, but she was caught in the moment. She moved towards it, but felt her tail brush up against something. [ Flock Together Activated ] The mouse froze and stood there starring at her. She didn't hear it run from her. She moved closer before attacking it and biting down on its neck. It went limp in her jaws and she placed it down. Barleypaw's whiskers twitched. She was confused, but then she ignored it. She had caught her first prey.

[ @Estelle; @Neptune.; ]

Nodding towards Lichenpaw, Silverrose stayed close, shadowing Barleypaw as she completed her work. Judging from her movements, Silverrose could guess she had scented something - staying silent was a good choice, it wouldn't chase away the prey. With twitching whiskers the silver warrior silently followed behind her apprentice, pleased to see her having found a mouse when - she touched it, but the mouse did not run. Silverrose was stunned, a moment during which Barleypaw incredibly caught the mouse herlself! There ought to be more in the area, but stepping closer, the silver warrior still took the time to gently bump her shoulder against Barleypaw's.
"Well done."
She whispered, her tone sincere.
"Wait here a moment."
Then followed as Silverrose scented the air herself - indeed catching the scent of some more mice. It must be a family out scavenging. Slinking close to the ground, the pretty molly crept forth as the scent got stronger, until a rabbit and a mouse stood in her wake - leaping forth, Silverrose was able to catch the rabbit off guard, catching it within seconds before laying chase upon the fleeing mouse, whom she caught after several leaps. Satisfied, Silverrose gathered together her prey and called for her patrol.
"This shall do; let's head back."

[ I'll go ahead and get the patrol reported! ]

Old June 8th, 2024, 08:49 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Thundersnow
Tom\Warrior\WC
"Water holds memories."

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

(Last post for this little guy before letting him fade away completely!)
The warrior trotted off into surrounding territory, his ears perked as high as they could go. He smelt the faint scents of prey nearby. It had been awhile since he'd hunted anything, but he'd have to get at least five kills in. He was certain he could manage with the stars to guide him.

Hazel eyes landed on a starling and the Windclan warrior quickly crouched down. It took far more than a few attempts to actually catch it. Sometimes he was too quick, others too slow, but soon enough, ruffled feathers lay limp between his jaws.

(+ 1 starling)

He dug up the ground and placed the prey in the hole, hoping to dig it back up later.

Thundersnow then wandered around for a bit, hoping to find something else. He saw rabbit scurry through the grass quite often, but he already knew he was in no condition to hunt any of them. They'd be far too fast for him and his lame leg. He opted for something else. Like uhh... A vole. Those were easy enough to catch.

The warrior crouched down once more as the rodent walked slowly across the plains, blissfully unaware of the danger. Thundersnow sent a small prayer of thanks to Starclan before leaping and catching the rodent underneath his claws. He nipped at their neck for the final blow and buried it as well. Two down, three to go.

(+ 1 vole)

It took a while for him to find something else with his dull scense of smell and really messed up hearing, but eventually he stumbled onto a mouse. It practically scurried right infront of him, as if it were blind. Thundersnow pitied the small creature and made sure their death was as painless as possible. He then again buried it.

(+ 1 mouse)

More and more walking. This was kind of nice actually, the outing he needed. Soon enough, his eyes rested on a squirrel, it's head flicking this was and that. Thundersnow had underestimated the shere speed of the creature and ended up chasing it for a good long while before actually killing and burying it.

(+ 1 squirrel)

Thundersnow had slowed his pace now. Not that he was tired, more like he was enjoying himself. He forgot how nice it was to get out of camp and just enjoy the prey that Starclan provided. He felt a warm calm settle over him. Despite the tense relations with other clans, Thundersnow felt completely at peace. He almost forgot why he was out here. Oh, right. Hunting.

He wandered around long enough to find another starling perched on a fallen branch. Thundersnow waited for a moment just to watch the bird and its frilly feathers. It was a shame he'd have to kill it. But the clan needed to eat. Soon enough, but after much trial and error, he was carrying the starling in his jaws and making his way back to the other prey he buried.

(+ 1 starling)

Tags:
@Rani // Crowtooth

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!