Today 12:02 AM
the bird family [hawkbrave...
by taillow
Last post by Ladiebugg
Yesterday 11:42 PM

Old February 16th, 2020, 10:52 AM

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Thistlepaw padded silently behind her mentor noticing the small limp. She thought about commenting on it, but she'd never really wver spoken words of concern so she decided to stay quiet. Dawnstripe was a tough cat, she shouldn't be worried anyways. A small sigh came out of her as they worked their way towards the in silence. Her tail twisted, deep in thought as she tried to think of something they could talk about. However nothing came to mind. Thistle had never been one for small talk and she quite enjoyed the silence of the forest. It was better than the chatter of apprentices for a change. Her face also supported the smugness of getting some time alone with the mentor, maybe they'd get a chance to slip in some skill building.

@Moonraven
Old February 16th, 2020, 01:31 PM
Cuber fo life!

@wick @Morningstar (wasn't sure who to quote, sorry)

Tigerfur sighed. Why did he have to go on the patrol with the new apprentice? Didn't Beastspark know his entire personality was against socialization? No. Of course not. Because he never TALKS to Beastspark! Being as cynical and loner-like as Tigerfur did have some definite consequences. Nevertheless, he wouldn't answer Birchpaw's question. That was the mentor's responsibility.

Here's my huggle link! I wonder who has the most huggles on WCO...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaz..._as=subscriber My YT channel! I know it's bad...
Old February 17th, 2020, 01:43 PM
Create your own sunshine

My Mood: Queenly

@Bristlefrost @Cloudsky @vermin

"Indeed, I did say a lesson, Shadedquill." His dark orange gaze moved from his apprentice to the young warrior before moving back to Grizzlypaw.

"I hope you can as well." He said to the apprentice, his gravally voice was serious. "But I can put in as much work as I can, as much of my training skills and abilities, but you have to put just as much in. If I put in my best training ability you have to use your best learning ability."

His thoughts hopped to one of his older apprentices, Yewbranch. The annoying tom had thistle down in his head and a cold heart.

But he focused back on Grizzlypaw. She would turn out good. She wanted to be a good warrior and he would make her one.

"Today we will focus on hunting." He said. "I might not be the best at it, but moons of doing it has helped me to understand how." He padded around the she cat a few times.

"First thing first, is the hunting crouch. Try it, but tail and head both low, legs underneath you." He stopped talking, eyes glimmering as they watched the she cat. He saw a lot of potential in this she cat, and their first meeting meant a lot.
Old February 18th, 2020, 09:08 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Dawnstripe slowly walked along the snowy forest floor. There were still some aches but it felt so much better than before. Dawnstripe was inwardly rather happy to find that her shoulder was getting better. In due time she'll be able to do some fighting training and more than just dull border patrols. She shifted her amber eyes over to Thistlepaw who was being oddly silent. The warrior knew she hadn't been spending as much time as she should be training the apprentices. Weirdly enough it was bothering her, not because she'd disappoint her mother but because she wasn't keeping her word to see them to their warriorhood. She'd have to try harder here. "So, you seem older than Faithpaw. You have knowledge of how to actually hunt, what else do you know?" She asked, the faster she learned what she needed to work on with her the faster she could turn the apprentice into a warrior.
@Ever

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old February 18th, 2020, 11:22 PM

My Mood: Mysterious

(@Dab & @Morningstar)
Thistlesnare's ears flattened in discomfort as Birchpaw ran up to him. "Unpleasant," he mewed quickly and began walking forward towards the border. Hasn't his mentor taught him about ThunderClan yet? he thought in annoyance, but despite that he felt compelled to continue his explanation, "noisy and boisterous, for the most part--always in everyone else's business. And hardly clan-bred at this point," his tone echoed with distaste. Thistlesnare had a high regard for his ShadowClan linage, the thought of kittypets or rouges being let into a clans was upsetting. "You'll catch their scent as we draw closer--" his nose began to twitch attentively as they got closer to the ThunderClan border and he held his tail up, signaling the group of slow their pace. "Tigerfur," he turned to his patrolmate, eyes narrowed in suspicion, "do you smell that?" He couldn't identify the scent, but there was something off about the smell of the border.
Old February 18th, 2020, 11:49 PM
Queen of Laziness

My Mood: Asleep

Creekwind waited near the entrance of the camp waiting for her group to join the molly on the Riverclan border. Her long russet pelt clean and smooth as one of her sapphire blue eyes looked for her clanmates while the other saw only black. "Sheeplight? Larkpaw?" The young warrior was used to being forgotten, to be in the background, to be talked over. But for once, she can show Icestar that she was not a weakling. That they chose correct cat to help this clan.
@x ghostie @GoldenWolf
Old February 19th, 2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post

Dawnstripe slowly walked along the snowy forest floor. There were still some aches but it felt so much better than before. Dawnstripe was inwardly rather happy to find that her shoulder was getting better. In due time she'll be able to do some fighting training and more than just dull border patrols. She shifted her amber eyes over to Thistlepaw who was being oddly silent. The warrior knew she hadn't been spending as much time as she should be training the apprentices. Weirdly enough it was bothering her, not because she'd disappoint her mother but because she wasn't keeping her word to see them to their warriorhood. She'd have to try harder here. "So, you seem older than Faithpaw. You have knowledge of how to actually hunt, what else do you know?" She asked, the faster she learned what she needed to work on with her the faster she could turn the apprentice into a warrior.
@Ever
(sorry if her page is out of date on the character site, she would be approx 9 moons now)

Thistlepaw's bitter golden gaze flicked to her mentor as she broke the silence. She shrugged in response, trying to think of how to explain it without seeming like she was completely behind for her age. Her previous mentor had disappeared after really only teaching her to hunt. She despised that she hadn't had much fight training and that lack of training had resulted in the scar that now stretched from her left eye up to her ear and a tear in her ear near the base where a Riverclan apprentice had gotten the best of her. She looked away from Dawnstripe. They hadn't trained since the battle and she didn't need her mentor making a big deal of it, she was already embarrassed enough.

"I know how to hunt ground prey well. I have been practicing and trying my own strategies for trickier prey. Other than that, I've tried getting a few other apprentices to try play fighting with me but..." Thistlepaw glared at the snowy smattering of trees that stood in Shadowclan's swampy territory. The dilute tortie probably didnt need to explain why she struggled to make friends when all she ever did was begin on the defensive. "I know my fighting stance but that's about it, I can get a few good attacks in, but I- I'm not good at defense yet."

She hated to admit weaknesses. Although it was perfectly normal for her to not know anything she didn't have to accept that. Thistlepaw's golden gaze lurched into angrier shades of gold.
Old February 19th, 2020, 08:57 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Bearpaw had been tracking he odd smell for a while now...

The large medicine cat plodded through the territory, jaw dropped, taking deep breaths to drink in the sweet scent. What was it?! Flowers? No, it didn't smell like a plant of any kind...honey? Perhaps, but bees weren't active during this time of year...great STARS this was beginning to drive him mad!! He needed to know what smelled so good! His tummy couldn't take it! This was torture!

Though as he trailed onward, Bearpaw's noticed something moving up ahead. He stopped in his tracks and crouched low. He tried tasting the air, but his damn nose couldn't smell anything past the mysterious sweetness. He drew closer. It seemed to be large...maybe a black bear messing with a beehive? No...it was skinny and walked on two legs. He poked his head out of the undergrowth for a good look, and...oh stars, it was a Twoleg looking straight at him!!

Gasping in shock, Bearpaw quickly retreated to the undergrowth and laid low, still as a rock...trying to blend in with his surroundings.

"Whoa there!" the Twoleg crouched down and looked into the shrubbery, "What's a pretty kitty like you doing out here in the cold? You must be hungry...here!" They held a cylinder yellowish object up to the bushes, which radiated that sweet, sweet smell he'd been tracking.

Bearpaw's eyes dilated. Oh boy. That's it...the thing that smelled sooooo good...

Licking his nose, the medicine cat slowly emerged from the leaves to sniff it, but he tried to keep a safe distance. The Twoleg made comforting noises as he did so, inching the sweet object closer to him. The whole situation felt wrong and risky, but that smell...

Unable to take it any longer, Bearpaw unhinged his jaw and stole a large bite out of it. He chewed, surprised to discover it was filled with some sort of sweet white substance!! It was fluffy, light, and sweeter than fresh honey! The medicine cat let out a loud purr, "Oh my staaaars, this is the best thing I ever tasted..."

Then the Twoleg began to rub his head, "Such a sweet boy! You like twinkies, yeah?" Bearpaw tensed up for a moment, then as they scratched over to a spot behind his ear, he couldn't help but melt with pleasure. Wow! He didn't know Twolegs were so...friendly? Why did the Clans avoid them? If they were willing to offer food this good, then what was the point in hunting and living out here in the harsh wilderness?

Bearpaw looked up at the Twoleg as they began to make more noises. "Come on big guy, let's get you a good home."

Then he was off in the arms of the man, finishing off the rest of that mysterious sweet treat as he got pampered with more of the delightful head scratches.

Last edited by Doom; February 19th, 2020 at 09:11 PM.
Old February 19th, 2020, 09:44 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
(sorry if her page is out of date on the character site, she would be approx 9 moons now)

Thistlepaw's bitter golden gaze flicked to her mentor as she broke the silence. She shrugged in response, trying to think of how to explain it without seeming like she was completely behind for her age. Her previous mentor had disappeared after really only teaching her to hunt. She despised that she hadn't had much fight training and that lack of training had resulted in the scar that now stretched from her left eye up to her ear and a tear in her ear near the base where a Riverclan apprentice had gotten the best of her. She looked away from Dawnstripe. They hadn't trained since the battle and she didn't need her mentor making a big deal of it, she was already embarrassed enough.

"I know how to hunt ground prey well. I have been practicing and trying my own strategies for trickier prey. Other than that, I've tried getting a few other apprentices to try play fighting with me but..." Thistlepaw glared at the snowy smattering of trees that stood in Shadowclan's swampy territory. The dilute tortie probably didnt need to explain why she struggled to make friends when all she ever did was begin on the defensive. "I know my fighting stance but that's about it, I can get a few good attacks in, but I- I'm not good at defense yet."

She hated to admit weaknesses. Although it was perfectly normal for her to not know anything she didn't have to accept that. Thistlepaw's golden gaze lurched into angrier shades of gold.

Dawnstripe was getting this weird deja vu feeling here as her amber eyes gaze down at Thistlepaw. She had failed to notice the new scar the apprentice had acquired, she would have continued overlooking it if Thistlepaw hadn't turned away from her like that, seemingly flustered about something. The broad-shouldered warrior felt that familiar lump of feelings in her throat that made it difficult for her to swallow. She wanted to tear something apart, feelings went hand in hand with weakness and she wouldn't have it. She wasn't going to grow soft or feel bad for not checking on either apprentice after the raid. Between her shoulder, her belly and several other wounds, Thistlepaw should be happy that she was still around to bother training her.

Pushing her aggravating thoughts aside, she keenly listens to Thistlepaw as she explains what she knew and didn't know. The dark molly begins working out a solid idea of what she needed to work and build on with Thistlepaw. "You're smart, it nice to know not all apprentice sit around and blindly wait to be told and taught what to do. You can show me some of your tricks for hunting the next time we go out, my shoulder should be healed enough for me to teach you a few more hunting techniques that you need to learn." She paused in her speech to part her maw and scent the air as they neared the border.

"Training with other apprentices without a mentor to comment on what you're doing wrong and right is usually a waste of time. All they do is whine like sniveling kits or they don't try at all." At least that is how her experiences went when she tried training with others as an apprentice. It was easier taking a beating from her mother and improving that way. "You probably shouldn't have been fighting in the raid if you aren't utterly confident in skills to win," she comments glancing sideways at the upset tortie, "since you're not dead I won't lecture you about it." No point it was already done.

"I'll see about teaching you more than just defending at the training grounds when I'm free. There's more to fighting then just defending yourself. Don't get yourself so worked up about not knowing how to do everything yet. You're still an apprentice you have an excuse, plus your last mentor was clearly worthless. You'll learn, I'll teach you what you need to know about the strength of a real Shadowclan warrior." Dawnstripe smirked, she might actually enjoy training the cat if she was anything like Dawnstripe had been as an apprentice.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old February 19th, 2020, 11:28 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

@Ever

[sorry my phone broke last Sunday, I couldn't get this sooner :c]

Ashclaw let out a soft scoff. "Barely older? But who's the warrior, right, not you," The remark was rather lame, but Ashclaw felt defensive. As they exited the camp, the warrior took the lead, taking them deeper into the territory. "Soooo, when do you think you'll get your warrior name anyway?" he inquired, trying to ease the silence.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL