ThunderClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by wolfie
Yesterday 11:40 PM

Old December 13th, 2022, 01:55 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: Mourning Ruins

Slatefur gave some sudden and unexpected excuse as to why they needed to leave the patrol. Begrudgingly, Shadowfur accepted it and sent them back to camp. Once Wolfwhisper had gone off, Shadowfur headed out to do his own hunting.

After several minutes of searching, a flash of bright red caught his eye. Turning, he saw a male cardinal perched on a low-hanging branch. This catch would be difficult, but Shadowfur never backed down from a challenge.

He walked backwards slowly, and then slipped behind the cover of a tree. Peering around the trunk, he saw that the bird’s back was now to him. Perfect. Slinking around the tree, he slowly crept up behind it. As he did, he thought about how this bird’s feathers would look nice in his nest.

Once he was close enough, he bunched his muscles and sprang. He overshot the jump a little, causing his front paws to jam into the tree. But, he caught the bird on his right claws. The cardinal squawked as it was smushed against the tree. Quickly, Shadowfur delivered the killing bite.

There. One down, one to go. Shadowfur hid the dead bird under some tree roots and carried on his search. After trekking for some time, he spotted a rabbit about a tree-length away. Creeping under the cover of some tangled bushes, he began stalking his prey. Once close enough, he sprang and delivered a quick, efficient killing bite. Simple enough.

He drug the rabbit back to where his cardinal was hidden. Grabbing that piece of prey as well, he navigated his way back to the branch marker. Upon seeing Wolfwhisper, he was surprised to see a snake and a chipmunk in his jaws. Both species were very rare this late into leaf-fall, being hibernating species.

Perhaps the chipmunk was flushed out by something? The snake is still odd, though. The Enforcer decided to just ask. Setting his own catches down, he queried, “How did you find that snake? Reptiles are dormant when it’s this cold, normally.”

( @Lester )
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old December 13th, 2022, 06:54 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Brackenfire patrolled alone, slightly annoyed with life but deciding to put it aside for the time being.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old December 16th, 2022, 07:08 AM

My Mood: Stressed

Wolfwhisper
The tom dropped his catch and blandly responded in slight embarrassment. I bothered it’s hibernation on accident. Apparently I was covering my chipmunk up and it’s nest was next to me. shifting his paws slightall he dipped his head. If Im not allowed to kill snakes this late into leaf-bare I’m sorry.
@Cherry~
Old December 19th, 2022, 02:17 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Shadowfur nodded. “It’s fine, I was only curious as it’s an uncommon catch at this time of the season-cycle.” He gave a single flick of his tail. “I’m sure ShadowClan will appreciate the valuable prey you can provide them.” That was the closest thing Wolfwhisper would get to praise from Shadowfur. Picking up his own catch, he motioned for his Clanmate to follow him home.

( Make sure to make a post at the prey pile of Wolfwhisper putting his catch on the pile! @Lester )
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old December 25th, 2022, 11:02 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Elmshadow**

His daughter and his mate - could he justify thinking of her in such a way? It felt wrong now to give anybody that title after Goldenstep, but what else could she be? - They we’re both pregnant. After returning from the meeting with the medicine cats and with the discovery of Sunsetthorn and then Cougarivy’s pregnancies Elmshadow knew he had the perfect opportunity to put to use his newest herb knowledge he’d gathered from Sundust. It was burnet, one of the traveling herbs he’d yet known of but knew nothing about, the strengthening herb. He couldn’t say whether it sounded right or not as he hadn’t remembered a time when he had ever needed it. It put him slightly at ill-ease to have the first uses be on his daughter and the mother of his kits. If given more time he’d set up some sort of experiment to test it, for now he’d have to use himself. Sundust didn’t come off to be the conniving type, he didn’t have the gumption or drive. However he didn’t like being surprised.

Elmshadow trotted evenly towards the mourning ruins, the burnt twoleg nest a growing blip on the rest of the scene. He put his nose towards the ground to search through the different herbs growing. There was plenty of other growth but he wanted only one for right now. He couldn’t say he’d noticed it before and he was going only off of a verbal description but it was worth a shot.

After some searching, he hovered past a clump of burdock to stop and take a second glance. The green and reddish spindly plant was just as had been described. He cocked his head then bit off a few stems. Laying them in front of himself on the ground, he squinted slightly then leaned in and ate one of the bulbs. Without waiting for any effects, he picked up the three remaining stems and trotted back towards camp. By the time the forest floor grew worn from frequent traffic, he felt a new freshness in his legs as though he hadn’t traveled all the way out to the ruins and back at his brisk pace. It wasn’t a massive change but it was enough. Whatever doubts he had on Sundust were slowly dissipating. That could very well have been useful and untethered knowledge.

[ +3 burnet ]

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old December 29th, 2022, 04:42 PM
<--- Medusa

My Mood: Bored

OwlStripe had been walking with FallenFlower for a while now, each step bringing a freezing sensation to his paws. OwlStripe watched his paws for a moments as they created prints, desperate for entertainment as they walked. It wasn't as boring as he was making it seem, but he had an amazingly short attention span.
OwlStripe looked up, his eyes catching a glimpse of the charred structure through the trees. "There it is," He said softly, making an observation that FallenFlower would have been blind to miss.
"Do you see anything?" He asked.
OwlStripe started to be more careful with his steps, not wanting to alert the prey that they were nearby.

@Oceanflower

My Charaters!
Medusa-Rogue
PetalLeap-Thunderclan
OwlStripe-Shadowclan
ScaleTuft-Riverclan (WIP)

Last edited by The_CatLady; December 29th, 2022 at 04:43 PM.
Old December 29th, 2022, 04:53 PM
If Not Now, When?

Bump Policy: Every 24-48 hours/1-2 days
My Mood: Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_CatLady View Post
OwlStripe had been walking with FallenFlower for a while now, each step bringing a freezing sensation to his paws. OwlStripe watched his paws for a moments as they created prints, desperate for entertainment as they walked. It wasn't as boring as he was making it seem, but he had an amazingly short attention span.
OwlStripe looked up, his eyes catching a glimpse of the charred structure through the trees. "There it is," He said softly, making an observation that FallenFlower would have been blind to miss.
"Do you see anything?" He asked.
OwlStripe started to be more careful with his steps, not wanting to alert the prey that they were nearby.

@Oceanflower
Fallenflower looked around, not spotting something. But when she sniffed the air, she scented a rabbit, it seemed quite fresh, "Rabbit scent" She whispered, sniffing the air to figure out which way it went. Fallenflower kinked her tail over her back to tell Owlstripe to follow her, "This way," Fallenflower whispered, going down into the hunting crouch. The scent of the rabbit was quite fresh, so if it was near the two warriors, she didn't want too scare it.

Bump Policy: 1-2 days

Weekdays - Will not be online from 4 AM to 5:30 PM
Weekends (and Friday) - Will probably be on all day

Fernflower Finder

Fernflower: Baby Boomer
Cypressberry: None ):
Old December 29th, 2022, 05:01 PM
<--- Medusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanflower View Post
Fallenflower looked around, not spotting something. But when she sniffed the air, she scented a rabbit, it seemed quite fresh, "Rabbit scent" She whispered, sniffing the air to figure out which way it went. Fallenflower kinked her tail over her back to tell Owlstripe to follow her, "This way," Fallenflower whispered, going down into the hunting crouch. The scent of the rabbit was quite fresh, so if it was near the two warriors, she didn't want too scare it.
OwlStripe followed his hunting partner's lead, going into a hunting crouch. His paws moved as quietly as possible, but still made a faint noise if you were listening for it. He perked up his ears, listening for the rabbit, and sniffed the air. FallenFlower was right, and OwlStripe would bet it was close.
He heard the soft crunch of snow to the right. For a moment OwlStripe had thought it was FallenFlower, but as he looked around where it came from, he saw the outline of a brown bunny.
He turned toward it, and flicked his tail quickly to the rabbit before putting it back in its straight position. OwlStripe had almost mowed to his partner, but decided the prey would hear and kept quiet.

My Charaters!
Medusa-Rogue
PetalLeap-Thunderclan
OwlStripe-Shadowclan
Old December 29th, 2022, 05:08 PM
If Not Now, When?

Bump Policy: Every 24-48 hours/1-2 days
My Mood: Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_CatLady View Post
OwlStripe followed his hunting partner's lead, going into a hunting crouch. His paws moved as quietly as possible, but still made a faint noise if you were listening for it. He perked up his ears, listening for the rabbit, and sniffed the air. FallenFlower was right, and OwlStripe would bet it was close.
He heard the soft crunch of snow to the right. For a moment OwlStripe had thought it was FallenFlower, but as he looked around where it came from, he saw the outline of a brown bunny.
He turned toward it, and flicked his tail quickly to the rabbit before putting it back in its straight position. OwlStripe had almost mowed to his partner, but decided the prey would hear and kept quiet.
Fallenflower glanced behind her, seeing that Owlstripe was turned, what is he doing? She thought, turning herself. She realized that he was looking at a rabbit.

Since Owlstripe had found the rabbit, she looked at him as if she was asking him if he wanted to catch it. Fallenflower would be backup if Owlstripe failed miserably or just was off or if he didn't want too catch it. She was still looking at Owlstripe, glancing at the rabbit every now and then too make sure it didn't bolt off the other way.

Bump Policy: 1-2 days

Weekdays - Will not be online from 4 AM to 5:30 PM
Weekends (and Friday) - Will probably be on all day

Fernflower Finder

Fernflower: Baby Boomer
Cypressberry: None ):

Last edited by Buzzin' Bee; December 29th, 2022 at 05:09 PM.
Old December 29th, 2022, 05:20 PM
<--- Medusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanflower View Post
Fallenflower glanced behind her, seeing that Owlstripe was turned, what is he doing? She thought, turning herself. She realized that he was looking at a rabbit.

Since Owlstripe had found the rabbit, she looked at him as if she was asking him if he wanted to catch it. Fallenflower would be backup if Owlstripe failed miserably or just was off or if he didn't want too catch it. She was still looking at Owlstripe, glancing at the rabbit every now and then too make sure it didn't bolt off the other way.

OwlStripe kept in a crouch, and slowly stalked towards the rabbit. He hoped it wouldn't see him.. Or hear him... Or overall do anything. He placed his paws carefully, barely making a sound. As OwlStripe moved, scent grew stronger and stronger.
Now, he was only a few tails away. One... Two... He counted, but his prey whipped around to see OwlStripe, then ran in the other direction.
The brown cat raced after the rabbit, managing to quickly snatch it by the neck and shake, killing it.
"Yes!" He said muffled to himself, before turning back to FallenFlower to show her.

My Charaters!
Medusa-Rogue
PetalLeap-Thunderclan
OwlStripe-Shadowclan