Last post by Starphobia
Today 10:27 AM

Old February 17th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
Wrenpaw was wide eyed once she saw the old tom and it almost made her regret walking in here but this had to be done . The Molly plopped down into an sitting position before the medicine cat was infront of her, she nodded as an reply to the toms slight order before tilting her head at his bark of an order to his apprentice . what's ...horsetail? Sounds like the actual thing to me. with that she imagined a whole horsetail just laying on the ground in the den somewhere making her shiver in disgust . The Molly flicked her right ear as he spoke again with a small string of questions ".....only s-songpaw...I saw that monster grab her by the back and throw her like she was n-nothing! I think her mentor got attacked too but I'm not sure..." she answered before being filled with that familiar feeling of worry "h-has songpaw been in here before me? " she asked .
@pomegranate

Shinefang began to expertly clean the apprentices ear, practiced by now at cleaning wounds. The apprentice described the attack in detail and noticed the way her voice shook. Shock. That was to be expected. "Ringpaw, some thyme too,"he added. Then the apprentice asked about her friend. The medicine den had been busy, but the old medicine cat knew full well that no cats by that name had come through here today. And if the fox had managed to get it's teeth into her and wound her there was a good chance she was with Starclan now. He kept his voice calm. "Not yet."

Old February 17th, 2019, 06:09 PM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang wordlessly strode over the the warrior, deliberately slowing his pace as Redfrost's impatient complaint. "Old bones," he said by way of explanation. "When you've seen eleven winters, we'll see how fast you move." Shinefang glanced at the tom's paw briefly and snorted, "especially if you turn your paw into a hedgehog like that. Ringpaw, why don't you take care of this. Herbs?" He added, quizzing the apprentice even though he knew at this point it was hardly necessary.
Ringpaw looked up from Redfrost’s paw to squint her eyes at Shinefang in thought. Automatically, she said: “Marigold and some cobweb? There’s a big one here.” She meowed, jerking her head towards the pad, where a good-sized thorn was lodged in by the rest of the smaller ones. Cobweb might be needed to stop some blood, if necessary. She turned back to Redfrost, and assessed the bracken stuck in his foot. She decided to go for the big one first, as it would have gotten in the way of pulling out the small ones. Watching it in fascination, she squeezed the paw pad before bending over to clench the shard in her jaws. Loosening it with her tongue, she carefully removed it, trying not to bite Redfrost. Spitting out the piece of plant, she looked around for Shinefang and the herbs.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old February 17th, 2019, 06:22 PM
boo

Quote:
@pomegranate

Shinefang began to expertly clean the apprentices ear, practiced by now at cleaning wounds. The apprentice described the attack in detail and noticed the way her voice shook. Shock. That was to be expected. "Ringpaw, some thyme too,"he added. Then the apprentice asked about her friend. The medicine den had been busy, but the old medicine cat knew full well that no cats by that name had come through here today. And if the fox had managed to get it's teeth into her and wound her there was a good chance she was with Starclan now. He kept his voice calm. "Not yet."
Quote:
Wrenpaw was wide eyed once she saw the old tom and it almost made her regret walking in here but this had to be done . The Molly plopped down into an sitting position before the medicine cat was infront of her, she nodded as an reply to the toms slight order before tilting her head at his bark of an order to his apprentice . what's ...horsetail? Sounds like the actual thing to me. with that she imagined a whole horsetail just laying on the ground in the den somewhere making her shiver in disgust . The Molly flicked her right ear as he spoke again with a small string of questions ".....only s-songpaw...I saw that monster grab her by the back and throw her like she was n-nothing! I think her mentor got attacked too but I'm not sure..." she answered before being filled with that familiar feeling of worry "h-has songpaw been in here before me? " she asked .
Ringpaw rushed back with the horsetail in her jaws. The plant was a bit old, she’d have to get some more soon, she could feel it stiff in her mouth. Placing it down by Shinefang’s paws as he cleaned the apprentice’s ear, she nodded as he asked for thyme. Dashing back into the stores of the medicine den, she quickly searched for the pungent herb. “Thyme... thyme?” She muttered, leaning in to give a leaf a sniff. Nope. Rosemary. She scanned the shelves, before finding the green, leafy stalk. Grabbing a sprig, she turned to run back to her mentor and the injured cat.
“Here!” She mumbled around the plant, spitting it out near Shinefang. She smiled at Wrenpaw gently. “You’ll be fine.” She said, trying to comfort the distressed apprentice. But her fur was shaking. What had happened? She could smell the distinctive odor of a fox, and Ringpaw felt a sinking feeling in her stomach. Great. She whispered in her head, her inside voice aching with worry. Another cat gone. What if this Songpaw didn’t come back? Ringpaw loved her role in Skyclan, but some days it seemed to be the worst. It’ll be okay. Keep smiling, no one will notice that you’re worried. She cracked an odd smile, before looking up at Shinefang. “Anything else I can do?” She said, her voice rising high strangely.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old February 17th, 2019, 07:00 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
@pomegranate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomegranate View Post

Ringpaw rushed back with the horsetail in her jaws. The plant was a bit old, she’d have to get some more soon, she could feel it stiff in her mouth. Placing it down by Shinefang’s paws as he cleaned the apprentice’s ear, she nodded as he asked for thyme. Dashing back into the stores of the medicine den, she quickly searched for the pungent herb. “Thyme... thyme?” She muttered, leaning in to give a leaf a sniff. Nope. Rosemary. She scanned the shelves, before finding the green, leafy stalk. Grabbing a sprig, she turned to run back to her mentor and the injured cat.
“Here!” She mumbled around the plant, spitting it out near Shinefang. She smiled at Wrenpaw gently. “You’ll be fine.” She said, trying to comfort the distressed apprentice. But her fur was shaking. What had happened? She could smell the distinctive odor of a fox, and Ringpaw felt a sinking feeling in her stomach. Great. She whispered in her head, her inside voice aching with worry. Another cat gone. What if this Songpaw didn’t come back? Ringpaw loved her role in Skyclan, but some days it seemed to be the worst. It’ll be okay. Keep smiling, no one will notice that you’re worried. She cracked an odd smile, before looking up at Shinefang. “Anything else I can do?” She said, her voice rising high strangely.
Wrenpaws stomach grew tighter before her eyes flickered towards ringpaw ,hmm.....great....why can't this go faster? she felt the want to shrink as small as she could ,she disliked all this...attention she would be fine without the help of the medicne cat wouldn't she? But then again....She's gonna be a warrior , she doesn't have the knowledge they possess to heal her own wounds. Although an idea popped up causing her good ear to perk up which gave her some hope she looked back at shinefang "is it possible to heal without having to go to the med den? Her mentor and I did bring songpaw back to camp...I just figured she's been here before and has been laying low...." she meowed before looking back at ringpaw with an raised eyebrow at the odd smile strange.... .

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Old February 22nd, 2019, 09:08 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Ringpaw looked up from Redfrost’s paw to squint her eyes at Shinefang in thought. Automatically, she said: “Marigold and some cobweb? There’s a big one here.” She meowed, jerking her head towards the pad, where a good-sized thorn was lodged in by the rest of the smaller ones. Cobweb might be needed to stop some blood, if necessary. She turned back to Redfrost, and assessed the bracken stuck in his foot. She decided to go for the big one first, as it would have gotten in the way of pulling out the small ones. Watching it in fascination, she squeezed the paw pad before bending over to clench the shard in her jaws. Loosening it with her tongue, she carefully removed it, trying not to bite Redfrost. Spitting out the piece of plant, she looked around for Shinefang and the herbs.
@Pisces

The old Tom nodded as his apprentice predictably named the correct herb. “Only the cobweb if the bleeding doesn’t stop right away,” he said, unaware that he was echoing the younger shecat’s thought process. Standing aside, he watched silently as Ringpaw flawlessly removed the thorn without so much as nipping the warrior. She glanced his way when she was done and he gave an acknowledging nod. “Good. I believe you know by now where the marigold is,” he said, turning to head toward the deeper part of his den and leaving his apprentice to finish up. “Next time, be more careful,” he added to Redfrost in place of any kind of farewell.

Old February 22nd, 2019, 09:21 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Quote:
Wrenpaws stomach grew tighter before her eyes flickered towards ringpaw ,hmm.....great....why can't this go faster? she felt the want to shrink as small as she could ,she disliked all this...attention she would be fine without the help of the medicne cat wouldn't she? But then again....She's gonna be a warrior , she doesn't have the knowledge they possess to heal her own wounds. Although an idea popped up causing her good ear to perk up which gave her some hope she looked back at shinefang "is it possible to heal without having to go to the med den? Her mentor and I did bring songpaw back to camp...I just figured she's been here before and has been laying low...." she meowed before looking back at ringpaw with an raised eyebrow at the odd smile strange.... .
Shinefang placed a paw on the thick horsetail stalk and felt the wrinkled and desication of the normally thick stalk. Green leaf couldn’t come fast enough as far as he was concerned. This horsetail was at the end of its usability and he was sure if this was the one Ringpaw picked, it was the best they had. “Yes, how about you get her to eat about three of those thyme leaves while I get this on her ear. Also, why don’t you tell her about, eh, that one thing? You know? The story you were telling me earlier about you and that Racoonpaw?” The old medicine cat filled his mouth with a bite of the more dry horsetail he’d ever had in his mouth and blinked at his apprentice with his one eye. She hadn’t said anything about Racoonpaw today. What he was really saying in a way he hoped she would pick up was that she should start chattering to calm the apprentice down. By now, Ringpaw was pretty good at catching his cues, and had a gift for soothing scared cats. This was as good a time as any to let her practice. When Wrenpaw mentioned that her friend had been brought back to camp, the thought occurred to him that the fact that she was not in here was either very good or very bad. Either she was so unshaken by the fox attack that a seasoned warrior didn’t even think a check in with the medicine cat was warranted, or her vigil was taking place as they spoke. Either way, he chose to respond to the shecats question about the necessity of a medicine cat. He tucked the horsetail into his cheek so he could speak. “Think of it this way: let’s saw you had a cat who was just terrific at hunting birds. He caught a bird every time he tried and it was always a perfect catch. Then imagine you had a cat who was an expert squirrel catcher. He brings back five, fat squirrels each time he steps out of camp. If you want a bird, why in the name of Starclan would you send a cat who’s better at catching squirrels?” Will that, he continued chewing his horsetail.

Last edited by Charmer; February 22nd, 2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 08:27 PM
Sigh...

@pomegranate

Shinefang made his way back into camp. He honestly didn't think he would weeks ago when he went to sequester himself with the other cats infected with Greencough. Slowly, still a little shaky on his paws, he spotted the medicine den, his den. He slipped between the stones placed there in the summer by the apprentices who wanted to help him keep the den warm in leafbare. He felt the familar snag of the stones on his fur and smelled the herbbs he and Ringpaw had harvested. And there was the calico apprentice now. The old tome waited until she noticed him there. He'd put her through too much grief already. He was glad he could spare her losing him for just a while longer. As he looked at the younger cat, in a flash, he saw her tending to her clanmates, training her own apprentice, giving them their full name and serving her clan for seasons to come. When she noticed him standing there, the old tom simply smiled and said softly, "I'm home."

Old March 3rd, 2019, 09:50 PM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

@Charmer
@pomegranate

Eaglepaw took a deep breath as he slowly padded into the medicine den. The splinters don't hurt, the splinters don't hurt... He thought to himself. When he walked in, he was slightly in awe. The smells of the herbs, the bright greens and the shaded of the den, even the shadows looking exciting. Woah. I wonder what it's like to be a medicine cat? He thought quietly, though his breath exhaled sharply. His eyes couldn't stop moving, watching, observing, looking, all with interest. He felt his stomach curl with butterflies as he walked further along the hard, cold ground. "S-Shinefang? Ringpaw? Hello?" He called, glancing around the den.

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3

Last edited by Moon Lily; March 3rd, 2019 at 09:50 PM.
Old March 4th, 2019, 08:06 AM
boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyfur2 View Post
@Charmer
@pomegranate

Eaglepaw took a deep breath as he slowly padded into the medicine den. The splinters don't hurt, the splinters don't hurt... He thought to himself. When he walked in, he was slightly in awe. The smells of the herbs, the bright greens and the shaded of the den, even the shadows looking exciting. Woah. I wonder what it's like to be a medicine cat? He thought quietly, though his breath exhaled sharply. His eyes couldn't stop moving, watching, observing, looking, all with interest. He felt his stomach curl with butterflies as he walked further along the hard, cold ground. "S-Shinefang? Ringpaw? Hello?" He called, glancing around the den.
Ringpaw poked her head around a corner, smiling. Scraps of herbs clung to her pelt, mint tucked between clumps of fur. Organizing was always fun to her, but it was always a chore afterwards to de-clutter her pelt. “Hi!” she observed the young tom. He was obviously younger than her, but she couldn’t help but notice that she was smaller than him. Crossly, to herself, she pouted. She had always imagined herself being... taller. But plastering a smile on, she strode over cheerfully. “How’re you?” She meowed, crouching to stretch as she awaited a response. After stretching out, she shook out her paws one by one, and sat down in front of the apprentice.

~pom~

Old March 4th, 2019, 08:13 AM
boo

Quote:
@pomegranate

Shinefang made his way back into camp. He honestly didn't think he would weeks ago when he went to sequester himself with the other cats infected with Greencough. Slowly, still a little shaky on his paws, he spotted the medicine den, his den. He slipped between the stones placed there in the summer by the apprentices who wanted to help him keep the den warm in leafbare. He felt the familar snag of the stones on his fur and smelled the herbbs he and Ringpaw had harvested. And there was the calico apprentice now. The old tome waited until she noticed him there. He'd put her through too much grief already. He was glad he could spare her losing him for just a while longer. As he looked at the younger cat, in a flash, he saw her tending to her clanmates, training her own apprentice, giving them their full name and serving her clan for seasons to come. When she noticed him standing there, the old tom simply smiled and said softly, "I'm home."
Ringpaw slowly shoved mint into more piles. Dusty, old scraps were littered everywhere, and fresh bits that smelled strongly were lodged in her pelt. She was never sure why organizing was so messy, but she enjoyed it nonetheless. Sniffing the brown scraps, she put back a few that still had hope. They’d have to use those sooner. The old, completely brown and disgusting bits she bundled together, rolling them into a small bundle to take over to dirtplace, where she normally dumped the old leaves. Picking them up in her jaws, she stood up and turned towards the entrance of the den.
Of course, as she looked up, a familiar tom was standing in front of her. Her eyes lighting up, the small apprentice dropped her parcel immediately. “You’re back!” She exclaimed in excitement, her paws giving a small pat on the ground. Smiling, she embraced Shinefang by brushing her shoulders against his pelt. He didn’t smell sick anymore, he smelled warm and normal. Her smile bang to hurt her face- that’s how she knew it was genuine. When a smile begins to hurt because you can’t make it leave your face, that’s the best type of smile in her opinion. “I thought you weren’t coming back for ages! But you’re here! You have no idea how boring it’s been without you here- sorting herbs is fun but still boring. How’s everyone at the camp? Is everyone okay?” She asked, her flow of questions getting more serious as she went. She couldn’t bear to think about if someone had died, and she tried to ignore a feeling of sadness. What if a kit had died? She couldn’t bear the thought.

~pom~