Last post by alec
Today 04:26 AM

Old July 30th, 2017, 02:36 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

With small, jerky motions, Geckoleaf began to half-heartedly rock the apprentice, her tired muscles moving both of them back and forth, up and down, slightly, in a way a mother would calm their kit. The tears began to come; she could feel the shuddering in their chest, felt salty drops fall onto her fur. Gently, she nosed them off Daypaw's face, licking cleaning the fur even as more tears stained it salty. Their life had to have been so hard; so much discrimination, so much pain. So much all building up, cracking, like Geckoleaf had before. She understood it; maybe not exactly, but very close. Her own darkness, own sadness has been built behind a wall that came down, all at once, in a torrent of pure pain. The short breaths that they let out worried Geckoleaf; their lungs were undeniably weak, from extended time filled with water, along with exertion. "Day, you're not going anywhere. This is where you stay; with me. I know you want to die- want to go where you'll be free, with no pain. I've thought those same things, over and over, a self-deprecating loop. But you are staying here; I will give everything to keep you alive, my love." Her words were gentle but stern; she meant everything. Daypaw was so much like her; they had a past of abandonment and discrimination, something she had shared the experience of. But in a moment of reckless abandon, she felt a fierce feeling of maternal love swell within her, so bright and warm it seared at the edges of the void that had grown. "Daypaw, I love you, my sunshine; if I lost you, I would lose another one of my children. Even if the code says I cannot have my own kits, it never said I couldn't have my own children, adopted as you may be. I love you, Day, my little ray of hope; can you stay here, even just for me?" Geckoleaf mewed quietly, her cheek pressed against the damp one of the apprentice. "If you'll let me, I can be your mother and your mentor, your shoulder to cry on and your friend to turn to. If you'll let me only, my dearest."
They buried their face into Geckoleafs fur. They curled in on themselves, looking so much smaller. They wanted to hide away, they wanted to curl up under a queen like a kit and forget their worries. They missed when things were so much simpler, so much kinder, so much brighter. back then Daypaw didnt have nightmares, they could eat without feeling the need to throw it up, they didnt stress about over working themselves. They werent alone. If seemed as Daypaw grew older cats were taken out of their lives. Their father had died, and they had pushed their mother away because of their own petty. They pushed away their siblings in fear that they were a burden. When they grew close to another apprentice named Auttumpaw, she only harassed them once becoming a medcat. Your gender isnt real! Thinking youre so special. The nightmares. The echos. They couldnt even leave the territory without having a guard with them, it was embarrassing to say the least. But Daypaw didnt comaplin about any of that stuff, they let it slide and kept it bottled up, instead covering it up with snarky comments and a aggressive exterior. They did it to push cats away in fear of losing them. They couldnt catch their breath, it felt like everything was closing in on them at once. Every bad memory, every harsh word, every injury they had ever felt. They were beyond innocent. They had their own blood on their claws. It made them feel like a momster, no better then the insults they would say to them self. They wished they had somebody. They often spent their days looking towards the den was for hours, looking over every herb. If they werent doing that, they were sitting in the clearing. Glaring at any cat that glanced at them for them to not approach them. It was a defensive type thing. When really, all they wanted was validation. Love. Nutriment. What was shocking is that they were only an apprentice. around 8 moons old. They were so young yet they said that they wanted to die. Their sobbing quieted down once hearing Geckoleafs words. Broken amber hues stared at her for a moment, uncertain. They didnt know if they should let another cat into their life. They didnt know if they would just feel the same pain again if they lost the older molly. For once, Daypaw pushed passed their pride and insecurity. They needed her They needed this. They needed someone to talk to, someone to cry infront of, someone to be there. Someone. Their throat burned, so instead they gave a small whimper and a nod, calming down. "I love you." it was all they could say for how they felt. No one had ever been for them like this, it was a new feeling in general and Daypaw was scared to take that risk again by becoming close with another cat. But Daypaw needed this. Geckoleaf needed them. They needed eachother.
Old July 30th, 2017, 12:48 PM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

@Clover idk if you want to stop this roleplay for now due to Day & Gecko roleplay or if you want to roleplay both of them? i'm fine either way :3

Confusion crossed the Starclan tom's face as Geckoleaf whispered a couple of words. He leaned a bit closer, her voice seemed weakened due to the lack of care she had for herself. The numb look in her orbs gave away her deteriorating self. That she was falling apart. That she had finally snapped after the witnessing her apprentice's death - a young apprentice whom she viewed as her own kit. Of course she would be... well, damaged after such an incident. Although Northpath didn't see anyone as his own kit - though that may be due to a his young death - the tom knew he would be a mess if Zerosight had been murdered that night instead of himself. He wasn't sure how he would have recovered from something like that, get back his paws and serve Thunderclan as their sole medicine cat... the thought sent a subconscious shiver to race through his body.

But he was aware that Geckoleaf had it worse... she already had a fragile state of mind prior to the incident.

The grey tabby had always respected the medicine cat of Riverclan, and he considered Cricketpaw his friend, so he felt sorrow seeing Geckoleaf like this. He never thought about something like this happening to a medicine cat. But of course it would, they see death so much.... Northpath felt slight ease thinking that he didn't have to live through this, that he never had to go through a break down. Not being able to tell the difference between reality or the insanity-inducing nightmares and visions that Geckoleaf had tried to suppress for moons now. Such visions had become this molly's reality. She couldn't escape from it in the state that she was at, she was unable to recover from everything she had seen and endured for so long. How could he possibly do anything to help her? Maybe it would be best if he left this to someone else? Maybe he should talk to someone... someone whom might be able to actually be of some help? The tom had always doubted himself, never believing himself good enough for much.

So he wouldn't be good enough to help with Geckoleaf, and wouldn't be good enough for all these responsibilities, right?

Ears twitched when she only gathered up the energy to address him by the prefix of his name. He was a bit surprised by that she would use such an informal way to call to him, but he reminded himself that she was weakened from days of ignoring her own health. This molly was starving herself, neglecting the things that needed to survive. No matter how important she was to her clan, or those around her, she seemed too lost in the darkness she was left in to even try to find her way out. Noticing that the usually bright colored molly had more to say, the darker cat - whom seemed lighter due to the shimmering stars embedded into his pelt - leaned closer to hear her feeble words. Northpath stiffened when he heard her following words, and instinctively pulled back as he was taken aback.

In all honesty, Northpath had been expecting her to have turned her back onto Starclan after they had just sat back and allowed her apprentice to be killed by some Syndicate psycho. Even North himself found that he held anger towards their ancestors, even if he was a part of them now he still found that he was angered. ... Maybe it had something to due with that fact that he had shared a similar fate with Cricketpaw? Had Starclan sat back and let him die as well? Surely they had seen these death coming? The tom had come to terms with his own death and had been this way not too long after his death... but he still found himself upset over Cricketpaw's death. Perhaps it was because he had only the power to watch instead of help her, the tom had become a medicine cat apprentice since he always wished to help those in need whether it was inconvenient for him or not. But he couldn't help Cricketpaw - but Starclan is so strong, surely they could have done something to stop it?

Despite living in Starclan, he still had a lot to learn about the clans' ancestors.

There was strange relief in hearing her desperate whisper for help. Not in a sadistic sense that he liked seeing her this - of course not in that sort of way! - but more because she was willing to get help and wanted to be helped. This will make it a lot easier, he let out an inward sigh of relief, but hoped that Geckoleaf didn't catch it in case she took it the wrong way. He offered a small but weak smile in an effort to give her some comfort. "Don't worry, that's what I' here for. I'll try to help you as much as I can..." Northpath's gaze slipped away as he found it difficult to think up what to say. "I'm glad to see that you want some help though - that means a lot, you know you need help and are willing to accept it. That means that this should be easier, and hopefully quicker," the deceased tom added, waving his tail as he did so. He still felt nervous about the whole thing and knew that if he messed up then it would only make the molly before him even worse... and he definitely didn't want that. He honestly wanted to help her. He wanted to help her back to her paws and to recover so she could take care of her clan. As he thought about that, Northpath felt a twinge in his stomach.

Was that... jealousy?

Quickly shaking his head, he moved on. This wasn't the time for such an emotion. So what if he couldn't care for his clan? That he had been killed and wouldn't be able to become a full medicine cat? Right now he couldn't have such pitiful thoughts and must focus on something more important than that. Flicking his tail, Northpath stepped a bit closer to Geckoleaf. "Come on, if you can get up perhaps we can go to the river? It may make you more comfortable to be around something familiar," he hoped that it was the right call to move towards one of the rivers. He crouched down beside her in order to help her to her paws. The grey tabby offered his shoulder for her to lean on. He was aware that she was weak, but he doubted anything they did here would do her harm. So moving shouldn't be all that bad - it would be a strain for the weakened molly, but that was about it.

(lol, it's fine - in my head i was actually picturing Mist trying to get Gecko to eat but failed
also long post, sorry!)

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

Last edited by Hexict; July 30th, 2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old July 30th, 2017, 07:31 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
They buried their face into Geckoleafs fur. They curled in on themselves, looking so much smaller. They wanted to hide away, they wanted to curl up under a queen like a kit and forget their worries. They missed when things were so much simpler, so much kinder, so much brighter. back then Daypaw didnt have nightmares, they could eat without feeling the need to throw it up, they didnt stress about over working themselves. They werent alone. If seemed as Daypaw grew older cats were taken out of their lives. Their father had died, and they had pushed their mother away because of their own petty. They pushed away their siblings in fear that they were a burden. When they grew close to another apprentice named Auttumpaw, she only harassed them once becoming a medcat. Your gender isnt real! Thinking youre so special. The nightmares. The echos. They couldnt even leave the territory without having a guard with them, it was embarrassing to say the least. But Daypaw didnt comaplin about any of that stuff, they let it slide and kept it bottled up, instead covering it up with snarky comments and a aggressive exterior. They did it to push cats away in fear of losing them. They couldnt catch their breath, it felt like everything was closing in on them at once. Every bad memory, every harsh word, every injury they had ever felt. They were beyond innocent. They had their own blood on their claws. It made them feel like a momster, no better then the insults they would say to them self. They wished they had somebody. They often spent their days looking towards the den was for hours, looking over every herb. If they werent doing that, they were sitting in the clearing. Glaring at any cat that glanced at them for them to not approach them. It was a defensive type thing. When really, all they wanted was validation. Love. Nutriment. What was shocking is that they were only an apprentice. around 8 moons old. They were so young yet they said that they wanted to die. Their sobbing quieted down once hearing Geckoleafs words. Broken amber hues stared at her for a moment, uncertain. They didnt know if they should let another cat into their life. They didnt know if they would just feel the same pain again if they lost the older molly. For once, Daypaw pushed passed their pride and insecurity. They needed her They needed this. They needed someone to talk to, someone to cry infront of, someone to be there. Someone. Their throat burned, so instead they gave a small whimper and a nod, calming down. "I love you." it was all they could say for how they felt. No one had ever been for them like this, it was a new feeling in general and Daypaw was scared to take that risk again by becoming close with another cat. But Daypaw needed this. Geckoleaf needed them. They needed eachother.
She held them close, continuing to softly clean their fur, as a queen might do to a distressed kit. Their fur tickled her nose and whiskers, but still, she groomed them, the golden pelt becoming even more radiant. Once the fur gleamed, she quit, listening to the raw rasp that came from Daypaw's throat, a painful sound that she barely made out as "I love you." She smiled at that, pressing her nose against Daypaw's in an act of motherly love, for just a moment, before pulling back, surveying their body one more time to make sure their condition was stable. They still seemed a bit cold, but far further from hypothermia. Her next worry was the bruises and cuts that spattered their sides; especially the missing claw, an injury that could easily become infected. So, accessing her strange ability again, she harnessed it to first calm the nerves leading to the toe; it would undeniably be painful if they had to feel it growing in. With a little bit of effort, she urged the keratin shell to grow first, then the fleshy inside, until the claw was barely long enough to sustain itself. Geckoleaf let out a tired huff; it took some of her own energy to heal others, but she was still feeling okay. "Now, I have to pack your wounds; stay still, alright, sunshine?" she mewed, uncurling from around them, slowly, be careful to not disturb them. Moving the few feet to her herb wall, she pulled one of the packets she had described to Daypaw out of a long, skinny crack, pulling it over to the nest, and unwrapping the leaves. Inside was a bundle of herbs, used for healing. Taking the ferns, she cleaned blood and dirt out of all the scratched, then licked the remaining blood off. After, she chewed up the goldenrod, gumweed, and marigold into a thick poultice, carefully packing it into each separate cut and gash. Afterward, she wrapped each with a thick layer of cobwebs, then pinning the bandages with catch burrs. She surveyed her work with a keen eye; it seemed secure and tight, and wouldn't shift if Daypaw moved. Once again, Geckoleaf stepped lightly into the nest, and curled back around them, hoping to stave off the remnants of hypothermia. "Better? You can have the poppy seeds if you want. But only two."

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old July 30th, 2017, 11:31 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:

She held them close, continuing to softly clean their fur, as a queen might do to a distressed kit. Their fur tickled her nose and whiskers, but still, she groomed them, the golden pelt becoming even more radiant. Once the fur gleamed, she quit, listening to the raw rasp that came from Daypaw's throat, a painful sound that she barely made out as "I love you." She smiled at that, pressing her nose against Daypaw's in an act of motherly love, for just a moment, before pulling back, surveying their body one more time to make sure their condition was stable. They still seemed a bit cold, but far further from hypothermia. Her next worry was the bruises and cuts that spattered their sides; especially the missing claw, an injury that could easily become infected. So, accessing her strange ability again, she harnessed it to first calm the nerves leading to the toe; it would undeniably be painful if they had to feel it growing in. With a little bit of effort, she urged the keratin shell to grow first, then the fleshy inside, until the claw was barely long enough to sustain itself. Geckoleaf let out a tired huff; it took some of her own energy to heal others, but she was still feeling okay. "Now, I have to pack your wounds; stay still, alright, sunshine?" she mewed, uncurling from around them, slowly, be careful to not disturb them. Moving the few feet to her herb wall, she pulled one of the packets she had described to Daypaw out of a long, skinny crack, pulling it over to the nest, and unwrapping the leaves. Inside was a bundle of herbs, used for healing. Taking the ferns, she cleaned blood and dirt out of all the scratched, then licked the remaining blood off. After, she chewed up the goldenrod, gumweed, and marigold into a thick poultice, carefully packing it into each separate cut and gash. Afterward, she wrapped each with a thick layer of cobwebs, then pinning the bandages with catch burrs. She surveyed her work with a keen eye; it seemed secure and tight, and wouldn't shift if Daypaw moved. Once again, Geckoleaf stepped lightly into the nest, and curled back around them, hoping to stave off the remnants of hypothermia. "Better? You can have the poppy seeds if you want. But only two."
They felt that same weird feeling of warmness throughout their body. It wasnt harmful or unwelcome but...usual. Geckoleaf hadnt even taken out herbs yet and they were feeling better quickly, their paw starting to sooth from where the claw was ripped from its place. They felt a stinging sensation, making them grit their teeth slightly. All they knew is that they were feeling better. Minutes ago, Daypaws lungs had been filled with water, they had been so cold and dirty, and now they were warm, breathing stably and fine? They hadnt witnessed powers before, but they knew Starclan werent greedy when it came to giving gifts. It was a weird feeling to be honest, to be cared for. They were a medcat with no real cat to look up to, so they werent really used to just..sitting back and being cared for. They werent sure if they liked it or not. They gave a small purr at the herbs placed on their wounds, eyeing everything Geckoleaf was doing. Even if they couldnt do anything at the moment, everything was a learning moment. Normally they would have clawed a cats ear off for trying to care for them. They didnt like showing weakness infront of anybody, it made them antsy. It was one of the reasons they were always on guard. But they stayed quiet, letting Geckoleaf curl around them. They shook their head to the poppy seeds. They figured more and more victims of the flood were going to be coming in any moment and they would need them more. But Daypaw was blunt and curious, turning to face Geckoleaf,"How did you heal me so fast?"
Old July 31st, 2017, 04:34 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
They felt that same weird feeling of warmness throughout their body. It wasnt harmful or unwelcome but...usual. Geckoleaf hadnt even taken out herbs yet and they were feeling better quickly, their paw starting to sooth from where the claw was ripped from its place. They felt a stinging sensation, making them grit their teeth slightly. All they knew is that they were feeling better. Minutes ago, Daypaws lungs had been filled with water, they had been so cold and dirty, and now they were warm, breathing stably and fine? They hadnt witnessed powers before, but they knew Starclan werent greedy when it came to giving gifts. It was a weird feeling to be honest, to be cared for. They were a medcat with no real cat to look up to, so they werent really used to just..sitting back and being cared for. They werent sure if they liked it or not. They gave a small purr at the herbs placed on their wounds, eyeing everything Geckoleaf was doing. Even if they couldnt do anything at the moment, everything was a learning moment. Normally they would have clawed a cats ear off for trying to care for them. They didn't like showing weakness in front of anybody, it made them antsy. It was one of the reasons they were always on guard. But they stayed quiet, letting Geckoleaf curl around them. They shook their head to the poppy seeds. They figured more and more victims of the flood were going to be coming in any moment and they would need them more. But Daypaw was blunt and curious, turning to face Geckoleaf,"How did you heal me so fast?"
She watched them refuse the poppy seeds, and sighed; they clearly were saving them for flood patients. Thing is, she would have done the same; in times of pain, she could simply manipulate her own body to stop receiving pain signals. She was honestly a bit surprised at how docile and relaxed Daypaw was while she cared for them; among the medicine cats, they had the reputation of being the feistiest of the five of them, and them simply allowing her to care for them was a bit out of character. Whatever the golden enby was going through at that very moment had to be of such magnitude to simply allow Geckoleaf to pamper them. The question didn't surprise her; even a ruthless Dusk Syndicate healer, untrained as they were, would be able to tell that she had healed Daypaw shockingly fast; the quick rise in body temperature of clearing of their lungs, for example. Geckoleaf's ears twitched, and she smiled slightly; she trusted them enough to share this rather guarded secret. "I can assure you it's not because I'm a fantastic medicine cat, or have some amazing healing herbs; instead, I manipulate your body to do the healing for me. It's a... a gift or a power. I could heal your every cut; make your scars fade and grow in new claws. But I couldn't hurt you; couldn't cut off blood flow or make your bones dissolve. So I used on you; I really don't think you would've made it if I didn't. You were suffering from mild hypothermia, anemia, and symptoms of hypoxia. Plus, those wounds would just keep bleeding if I didn't help. Were you submerged under water at some point, sunshine?" she mewed in response, her ending inquiry soft and worried. If Daypaw had experienced trauma, cranial or not, she'd want to know.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old July 31st, 2017, 05:12 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:

She watched them refuse the poppy seeds, and sighed; they clearly were saving them for flood patients. Thing is, she would have done the same; in times of pain, she could simply manipulate her own body to stop receiving pain signals. She was honestly a bit surprised at how docile and relaxed Daypaw was while she cared for them; among the medicine cats, they had the reputation of being the feistiest of the five of them, and them simply allowing her to care for them was a bit out of character. Whatever the golden enby was going through at that very moment had to be of such magnitude to simply allow Geckoleaf to pamper them. The question didn't surprise her; even a ruthless Dusk Syndicate healer, untrained as they were, would be able to tell that she had healed Daypaw shockingly fast; the quick rise in body temperature of clearing of their lungs, for example. Geckoleaf's ears twitched, and she smiled slightly; she trusted them enough to share this rather guarded secret. "I can assure you it's not because I'm a fantastic medicine cat, or have some amazing healing herbs; instead, I manipulate your body to do the healing for me. It's a... a gift or a power. I could heal your every cut; make your scars fade and grow in new claws. But I couldn't hurt you; couldn't cut off blood flow or make your bones dissolve. So I used on you; I really don't think you would've made it if I didn't. You were suffering from mild hypothermia, anemia, and symptoms of hypoxia. Plus, those wounds would just keep bleeding if I didn't help. Were you submerged under water at some point, sunshine?" she mewed in response, her ending inquiry soft and worried. If Daypaw had experienced trauma, cranial or not, she'd want to know.
They knew it had to be some sort of power, despite Daypaws lack of training they could tell they were healing to fast. They looked at the ground at her question. Everything came swirling back. They had just rescued every last of their patients from their den, carrying them up and down the hill over and over again. They could still feel the rain hitting their pelt as they walked through the fast paced water, one wrong step and they were gone. How they sprang from the water and into the hill, they could still feel how the cold mud felt between their toes. In that moment it felt as everything were against them. The rain pouring on them in the opposite direction they were climbing, the wind howling that still echoed in Daypaws ears. The subtle breeze through their fur as they fell. It was like they were in the eye of a storm when falling. They felt as light as a feather, but came crashing back into reality when they were submerged into the ice cold water. It made them shiver. They could remember seeing their mother, their father..Cricketpaw. The water felt so nice. Daypaw could feel nothing when underwater, the cold making their body feel numb as they closed their eyes. They looked back to Geckoleaf, eyes watering. They werent going to cry again. Refused. "I fell off of a mudslide into the water, couldn't reach the top." I didnt want to reach the top. They were going to let go off the rock. They did let go, too. But Minkpaw saved them. Daypaw suddenly felt tired. Not physically tired but just. emotionally tired. It was a lot for one day. They glanced at the exit of the den again,"I saved every last cat that was in my den. I hope theyre alright." Daypaw wasnt there to bring them to Riverclan. They were knit picky with what cats did with their patients, and Daypaw wasnt there to help the rest of Shadowclan right now. "I should be back on the mudslide helping them."
Old August 1st, 2017, 01:14 AM
queeny ♬

Quote:
They knew it had to be some sort of power, despite Daypaws lack of training they could tell they were healing to fast. They looked at the ground at her question. Everything came swirling back. They had just rescued every last of their patients from their den, carrying them up and down the hill over and over again. They could still feel the rain hitting their pelt as they walked through the fast paced water, one wrong step and they were gone. How they sprang from the water and into the hill, they could still feel how the cold mud felt between their toes. In that moment it felt as everything were against them. The rain pouring on them in the opposite direction they were climbing, the wind howling that still echoed in Daypaws ears. The subtle breeze through their fur as they fell. It was like they were in the eye of a storm when falling. They felt as light as a feather, but came crashing back into reality when they were submerged into the ice cold water. It made them shiver. They could remember seeing their mother, their father..Cricketpaw. The water felt so nice. Daypaw could feel nothing when underwater, the cold making their body feel numb as they closed their eyes. They looked back to Geckoleaf, eyes watering. They werent going to cry again. Refused. "I fell off of a mudslide into the water, couldn't reach the top." I didnt want to reach the top. They were going to let go off the rock. They did let go, too. But Minkpaw saved them. Daypaw suddenly felt tired. Not physically tired but just. emotionally tired. It was a lot for one day. They glanced at the exit of the den again,"I saved every last cat that was in my den. I hope theyre alright." Daypaw wasnt there to bring them to Riverclan. They were knit picky with what cats did with their patients, and Daypaw wasn't there to help the rest of Shadowclan right now. "I should be back on the mudslide helping them."
Sometimes, Geckoleaf felt like after she healed someone using her odd power she could literally read their mind; not really, but it certainly made her feel more intimate with said person since she'd had a peek into their body, their true makeup. And now, she felt that with Daypaw; a niggling feeling told her at the back of her mind that they were hiding how much it really had affected them. But she didn't pry; they would share what they were comfortable with sharing. She was here mostly to help them heal; to allow them a safe place to vent and be themselves, and to receive training, too. She gave them a soft nuzzle; they were obviously upset from earlier, from their plunge into the water. Although Geckoleaf could swim, and relatively well, she knew that none of the other clans could; she could barely imagine the feeling of drowning, being sucked under the raging current, water rushing into your throat and lungs and gagging you. She shuddered slightly; in rivers, lakes, and the ocean, she was hardly helpless, and instead thrived in the currents and eddies, enjoying the challenge of fighting against something stronger than yourself. She glanced down at the golden enby she has curled around; they seemed shaken, and the words about their patients seemed genuine. Geckoleaf then listened to the last statement, and a sudden growl rumbled lowly in the back of her throat. Daypaw was far too weak to go back out there, no matter how much they may have wanted to. "No, Daypaw. You have to stay here until you heal; if you go out there, you will die. Your body is too weak; even if you can't feel the pain, it's still there," she replied, gruffly, understanding why Daypaw wanted to go, but definitely not letting them. "I can't lose you like I lost Cricket, like how I lost Arctic. Just... don't, okay sunshine?"

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old August 1st, 2017, 02:56 AM
whats up danger?

Quote:

Sometimes, Geckoleaf felt like after she healed someone using her odd power she could literally read their mind; not really, but it certainly made her feel more intimate with said person since she'd had a peek into their body, their true makeup. And now, she felt that with Daypaw; a niggling feeling told her at the back of her mind that they were hiding how much it really had affected them. But she didn't pry; they would share what they were comfortable with sharing. She was here mostly to help them heal; to allow them a safe place to vent and be themselves, and to receive training, too. She gave them a soft nuzzle; they were obviously upset from earlier, from their plunge into the water. Although Geckoleaf could swim, and relatively well, she knew that none of the other clans could; she could barely imagine the feeling of drowning, being sucked under the raging current, water rushing into your throat and lungs and gagging you. She shuddered slightly; in rivers, lakes, and the ocean, she was hardly helpless, and instead thrived in the currents and eddies, enjoying the challenge of fighting against something stronger than yourself. She glanced down at the golden enby she has curled around; they seemed shaken, and the words about their patients seemed genuine. Geckoleaf then listened to the last statement, and a sudden growl rumbled lowly in the back of her throat. Daypaw was far too weak to go back out there, no matter how much they may have wanted to. "No, Daypaw. You have to stay here until you heal; if you go out there, you will die. Your body is too weak; even if you can't feel the pain, it's still there," she replied, gruffly, understanding why Daypaw wanted to go, but definitely not letting them. "I can't lose you like I lost Cricket, like how I lost Arctic. Just... don't, okay sunshine?"
Daypaw let their gaze set on the ground. They knew they were weak, their lungs felt tired simply from breathing. They could still feel a slight sting down their throat from throwing up the water. They could barely standup, much less go back to carrying patients up and down the mudslide. "Cats are dying, Gecko. Right at this moment, a life is being taken away." their voice cracked slightly, the their normal blunt tone was back in use. They werent getting angry, just slightly antsy at the thought. The rain loomed outside still. It made them think about what was happening right now. The rain.The water. The thunder. The lightning. The coldness.The mud. Morningpath, how he slipped away so easily. Daypaw could still see cats washing away, cats being suffocated by the mud. It made a chill run down Daypaws spin. Surely Gecko could understand where they were coming from, she was a medcat after all. "My clan needs me." they would work themselves to their breaking point if it meant another life was saved, if it meant Daypaw didnt have to watch another cat die infront of them. They sat up and everything hit them at once. Their head was booming, their vision dizzy in a haze as they looked at the den exit. Their paw still ached, wincing when they put weight on it. Thier body felt weak in general, shaking slightly to even sit up right. They hadnt even eaten within the past few days, lines in their fur showed their ribs. They panted, it was obviously taking a toll on them to even sit up. They looked back towards Geckoleaf for a moment. And Daypaw realized they were doing it again. They were pushing away another cat who had been so kind in every single way, physically and emotionally. She didnt have to comfort Daypaw, all she had to do was heal them and move onto a another cat, nothing more. But she took her time to spend it with them. They sighed. Settling down instead, curling back against Geckoleafs side, an annoyed look on their face. They werent happy about it-but theyd stay. "Fine."
Old August 2nd, 2017, 02:06 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

@Clover
@woly

Lucky woke up from her rest in the Riverclan medicine den, the pungent smell of fish and water in her nose. She still wasn't used to that scent, and it made her appreciate the piney, earth scent of Shadowclan territory. She had made it here after the floor with help from Daypaw, Ebonymist, and Goldeneye and miraculously had managed to slightly aggravate her shoulder wound. According to the Riverclan medicine cat, "Geckoleaf" it was inflamed, but amazingly not reopened. Her recovery was still right on schedule. She rested her head on her paws with a sigh. Out of one medicine den and into another.
Old August 2nd, 2017, 02:17 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Daypaw let their gaze set on the ground. They knew they were weak, their lungs felt tired simply from breathing. They could still feel a slight sting down their throat from throwing up the water. They could barely standup, much less go back to carrying patients up and down the mudslide. "Cats are dying, Gecko. Right at this moment, a life is being taken away." their voice cracked slightly, the their normal blunt tone was back in use. They werent getting angry, just slightly antsy at the thought. The rain loomed outside still. It made them think about what was happening right now. The rain.The water. The thunder. The lightning. The coldness.The mud. Morningpath, how he slipped away so easily. Daypaw could still see cats washing away, cats being suffocated by the mud. It made a chill run down Daypaws spin. Surely Gecko could understand where they were coming from, she was a medcat after all. "My clan needs me." they would work themselves to their breaking point if it meant another life was saved, if it meant Daypaw didnt have to watch another cat die infront of them. They sat up and everything hit them at once. Their head was booming, their vision dizzy in a haze as they looked at the den exit. Their paw still ached, wincing when they put weight on it. Thier body felt weak in general, shaking slightly to even sit up right. They hadn't even eaten within the past few days, lines in their fur showed their ribs. They panted, it was obviously taking a toll on them to even sit up. They looked back towards Geckoleaf for a moment. And Daypaw realized they were doing it again. They were pushing away another cat who had been so kind in every single way, physically and emotionally. She didn't have to comfort Daypaw, all she had to do was heal them and move onto an another cat, nothing more. But she took her time to spend it with them. They sighed. Settling down instead, curling back against Geckoleafs side, an annoyed look on their face. They weren't happy about it but they'd stay. "Fine."
Her eyes were deep with concern, knowing that Daypaw would gladly tromp right back into the water, slog through mud and sleet just to save an elder, to heal a paw. She let out a sigh; keeping Daypaw contained until they were healed would be quite the ordeal. At the least, she could begin to train them in the more delicate, advanced ways of healing. She spied the annoyed look on their face, and suppressed a huff; they'd just have to learn when to contain themselves but at the moment, that seemed far ways away. "Daypaw, I know that ShadowClan needs you, that your patients need healing. And that's why you have to stay here; if you try to go back up that hill, you will die. Your body was giving out, and even still you'll barely pull through. But exerting it... your lungs would fail from overuse, your wounds would open up, and you'd probably die from hypoxia. Just give it a break; you can still use your mind, right? I can still train you from here," she mewed, quietly, lips pursed. The thing is, she knew that, in their position, she'd run right back out into the frey, pull as many cats up through the water as she could, dive into the river and nearly suffocate to help those who couldn't swim. And to be forced to stay still, in a warm, dry den, would be infuriating. But Geckoleaf couldn't change Daypaw's biology to make them a supercat; she could only try to keep them alive. "Okay?"

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending