Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan > ShadowClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RAINBIRTHDAY
by Bean
Last post by Myling
Today 02:15 AM
Algaepuddle finder
Last post by ophelia
Today 02:06 AM
FIND-IT-ALL ☆ MOSQUITOKIT
by kenjaku
Last post by ashtuft
Today 02:00 AM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by Fritter
Today 01:48 AM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 01:15 AM
Closed Thread

Old December 29th, 2023, 09:20 AM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: [Swimming EVENT] Time to get our pelts wet!

Thornpaw
8 moons. A young lanky black-ticked tom with green eyes.

Despite the embarrassment, the young tom had forced himself to get back up in order to finish the race. Maybe it was the thought that everyone was looking at him, the adrenaline in his blood, or he was just that good, but he actually managed to beat the others! With a raucous laugh, Thornpaw rolled himself onto the ground after the finish, completely ignoring the pain in his paw now. He beamed up at Lynxshade when she congratulated him, a big dumb grin on his muzzle before he rolled his eyes as she commented on his clumsiness. "I still won, that's all that matters," he grumbled out, rolling himself back onto his paws and shaking his pelt out. At the very least he did feel warm now.

He listened to her little announcement, but his eyes were focused on the water. Thornpaw knew it was the next step, otherwise he would have come out here for nothing. Well- he did win a race against a warrior, so that was something, but still. He came out here to learn how to swim.

When Lynxshade finally began to make her way to the water, he was right at her heels again. When the instruction to get in was finally given, he yowled out excitedly and went splashing in. Only to realize, yeah that water was cold. The excitement drained out of him just like the warmth until he was ultimately grimacing. Standing there was the warrior began to demonstrate how to swim, he tried to pay attention despite the awful feeling of cold water sinking right into his belly fur.

"Run... But.." The young tom glared at the water, trying to make sense of Lynxshade's words. Flattening his ears, he kicked off and started to buck in the water as if he were galloping along at full speed. All he was doing was make a big splashing mess and not exactly swimming. Growling, he tried it again for the same result, getting the majority of his fur wet at this point. "Show it again," he mewed out to the warrior, his mentor, his green eyes sharp, angry, frustrated.
@Wingnettle

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old January 2nd, 2024, 09:56 PM
Ni Ni

Bump Policy: Every 48 hours
My Mood: Sleepy

Ibispaw | Shadowclan Apprentice | she/her | 27/100

Hearing the other apprentice, Ibispaw stopped her pacing as a smile came to her maw. "Palepaw!" She started, nodding at the question, "Yep, thought it'd be interesting and good to learn."

Once Lynxshade called the group's attention, the apprentice listened. Her ears were pricked to listen, eyes wide as she glanced towards the water. The waters were shallow, thank Starclan, but the idea that they could pull her under made her face wrinkled with worry. She did not feel like having her head go below the surface of the blue.

But she followed instructions, wading into the water till it wet her belly. She watched and listened as instructions were given. It sounded..fun. Intimidating? Perhaps a mix of both. She watched the demonstration, too, looking at how Lynxshade moved in the water and how the cat held themself. Push the water back, but make sure you are bringing yourself forward. It sounded simple enough.

Allowing herself to float in the shallow end, Ibispaw felt a tingling run through her spine. Nervously, she attempted to copy the movements of Lynxshade, and it seemed to be going well before her mind was too focused on the pushing part and not the upward part. She dipped under and resurfaced, trying to get the water out of her nose. Ick.

Her second attempt had better results, and she could keep herself above the water while pushing forward. This was undoubtedly nicer. Expect she seemed to be making a bit of a splash due to bringing her front paws above the water each time.
@celeste

"I am out with lanterns
looking for myself"

Old January 3rd, 2024, 07:03 PM
brain dead

Bump Policy: 24 hours (literally whenever idc)
My Mood: Busy

Softpaw hesitantly stepped into the water, reeling back a bit at how frigid it was. After recovering from her initial shock, she plunged in, squealing a little in delight as she enjoyed the wet feeling.

13/100
Credit to the one and only @Cinnamon~
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!
Old January 7th, 2024, 05:45 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Event [#event]

Lynxshade
Shadowclan
28 moons old | she/her

Shadow Fiend | Primal Instincts | Beefed Up (T1) | Bilingual (T1)

Lynxshade was walking slowly in the water, making her way between one clanmate and another to assess how they were doing in their clumsy attempts. Someone was definitely too shy to try it out, or too proud, she thought, but she was pleased to see that someone had some energy to put into it.

"You're doing good, Palepaw, but you still have to get the hang of it. You have first to try to push yourself upward, and then your paws will carry you ahead. Try again, don't lose faith so soon." She encouraged the young apprentice, before turning to hear some splashing noises that could have scared out all the prey in the territory.

"Thornpaw, you aren't fighting with water. I you'll let it, it will carry you without any effort." She explained, but immediately took her position again and started pushing back with her legs to swim. Her paws delicately pulled the water backward, creating soft ripples across the water surface. "You all!" she called: "keep your chin high and as far from the water as possible. Feel it being pushed apart, as if you're swiping at it and then quickly tucking your paws inside. It's rhythm that you lack, but you'll eventually get it."

It would be way quicker, if more cats would actually try it instead of soaking their paws and remaining still to watch her and the few cats who were shaking in the river. Two judging green eyes were scanning the group of cats, making out who was trying to swim and who was watching without lifting a paw. "What are you, scared? Get inside or return back to your comfy nests." That was a light provocation, but still.

Reminder that your oc needs to actively try to learn in order to add swimming to their skills! Be active!

Last edited by Wingnettle; January 7th, 2024 at 05:45 AM.
Old January 10th, 2024, 09:10 AM
brain dead

SOFTPAW

Softpaw enjoyed the cool sensation of water around her, though it was a little on the colder side. Nonetheless, it was one of the most fun things she had ever done and she enjoyed every second of it. She stayed near the shallow side until she got a burst of confidence and decided to go deeper, where her paws didn't reach the ground, and immediately she gasped, sinking down. She was under water.

She screeched, albeit being below surface level, so it was probably quite hard to hear her. Once her paws touched down to the ground, she pushed upwards and burst out, spitting the salty stuff out, and crawled out of the water, shivering. This might have just been the most traumatic experience of her life.

@Wingnettle - yknow, just cuz
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!
Old January 12th, 2024, 02:13 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Palepaw
She/her | 6 moons | Post 39/100
Flock Together [T1] | Kitty Softpaws
Okay, she wasn't doing too bad! She nodded to Lynxshade, gathering her energy to try again. So.. pushing herself upward. Her eyes narrowed in determination and she used her back legs to propel herself upward, moving her front paws in some way that felt right. She grinned in satisfaction, proud of herself, when suddenly her legs stopped working and she got pulled down. Palepaw felt her head be submerged under the water, and quickly propelled herself upwards, spitting out the water that had landed in her mouth and blinking it out of her eyes. She made made her way over to the not as deep part again, looking at Lynxshade and tipping her head.

"My legs always stop working when I'm on a good path! Do I not have enough strength in them yet or something? Does that come over time?"
[ @Wingnettle ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; January 12th, 2024 at 04:16 PM.
Old January 14th, 2024, 06:24 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Lynxshade
Shadowclan
28 moons old | she/her

Shadow Fiend | Primal Instincts | Beefed Up (T1) | Bilingual (T1)

Great Starclan, these cats are truly a disaster. Yeah, there was a reason why Riverclan was Riverclan and Shadowclan was Shadowclan.
"Softpaw, pull yourself together!" She called out before plunging down with her muzzle in the water to grab her scruff and hold her up, but she had already gotten out in a matter of seconds. "Don't you see the water is shallow?!"

She needed to calm down. Breathed in deeply once, then twice. Then, more softly, she suggested to the young apprentice: "Come on, I can assure you it's safe here. Just don't fall and try not to stumble, alright? She hoped that Softpaw would come back again to try and swim because there were very few cats right now willing to attempt.

She was distracted by another apprentice calling her, so she turned and focused her attention on Palepaw.
"I'm sure you just need to try many more times, Palepaw. Have faith in your body and follow your instinct. she encouraged her.

Old January 14th, 2024, 07:03 AM
Queen of allthings SCARY!

Bump Policy: 2-3 days is good
My Mood: Stressed

@Sleek
Whiteheart waded lopsidedly over to Softpaw, his emerald hues shining. "I... Come. I'll... I'll help you?" He nudged Softpaw gently, making sure he didn't accidentally overbalance the child. The warrior shuddered, smiling quietly. The water was freezing! Still, he was sure everything would be alright. Lynxshade seemed to know what she was doing. A purr rumbled in his throat, and he blinked encouragingly at Softpaw, warmth radiating from his emerald pools. Whiteheart kept his eyes trained on the 'paw, flicking his tail at Lynx to assure her that he got it. Probably.

peez help hatche dem tank youze

Links: CLICK ME AND JOIN!
Old January 14th, 2024, 11:36 AM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Sleepy

Darkcloud
Shadowclan warrrior
Purrks: Just a scratch and Shadow fiend(both inactive )

How predictable, cats were already panicking and gaining fears they didn't need. This surely wouldn't look good in the eyes of others, especially not her. Darkcloud was honestly glad that Lynxshade was failing as she was an outsider and, according to her, any cat who wasn't born Shadowclan didn't deserve to be Shadowclan. It was simple really...well at least to her it was. Amber hues narrowing the molly gave her paw a swift lick while scrutinising every single thing Lynxshade.

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old January 15th, 2024, 12:38 PM
brain dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyStarfinder View Post
@Sleek
Whiteheart waded lopsidedly over to Softpaw, his emerald hues shining. "I... Come. I'll... I'll help you?" He nudged Softpaw gently, making sure he didn't accidentally overbalance the child. The warrior shuddered, smiling quietly. The water was freezing! Still, he was sure everything would be alright. Lynxshade seemed to know what she was doing. A purr rumbled in his throat, and he blinked encouragingly at Softpaw, warmth radiating from his emerald pools. Whiteheart kept his eyes trained on the 'paw, flicking his tail at Lynx to assure her that he got it. Probably.

SOFTPAW

Softpaw shivered, shuddering from being drenched in the cool water. She took a deep breath, reanimated from the words of encouragement from Lynxshade. She nodded towards Whiteheart, stepping slowly but confidently towards the water, and tried not to recoil once her paw met the cold water. She continued to climb deeper in until it was up to her stomach. She shivered again, but less frightened than before. She continued walking along the seafloor until she realized she wasn't walking anymore. She was swimming! Delighted, the small apprentice mewed cheerfully, swimming in circles. She did it! She did it!

14/100

@Wingnettle

Last edited by Sleek; January 17th, 2024 at 08:47 AM.
Closed Thread