Today 09:12 PM
The Forest Roars
Last post by beau
Today 09:10 PM

Old March 11th, 2017, 06:24 PM
Honourary Rolling Pin

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Tales of a Dungeon School

( @Leaf @Grimshadow uhhh, I had no idea how to reply to things...)

Elise nodded, "So what ice breaker do you think we should go with?" Since she's never really done ice breakers, she didn't know many. In fact, she could hardly recall any. She guessed that this was a result of always missing the first weeks of schooling due to health complications.

"What, randomly walk in from some random section of darkness?" Erin gave her a confused look. As he did so, he notice the cute smile on her face and turned an ever so slight shade of pink, not noticeable unless you were really close or knew him really well. Still, his confused look didn't waiver.

"...been following you?" Myr paused and questioned as he gave Alohi a puzzled look. The wagon was slowly pulling away from the figure as Erin and Elise had increased the speed of the horses.

"That's not a good thing." Zephyr noted the obvious as his gaze didn't seem to waiver from the figure. He narrowed his eyes in response to the dumb look as his hand instinctively went to his side to draw his katana. Thankfully, no one outside the wagon should be able to see him from bottom of his rib cage down due to some stacked up boxes surrounding him on the backside of the caravan.

The puddle that was Fax had taken shape as they talked about the stalker and drifted to Alohi's side, giving her a curious glance as to what was going on.

"HOLD UP." Mina was taken aback, not by the purple-eyed boy's comment about her but by the fact that he was told that he'd be working with her. Her statement wasn't quite yelled, but it wasn't subtly quiet either, "You were told that you would be working with me? By who?"

Reasonably shocked, she just stared at the Lyceum boy as the entourage continued. I never heard such thing...

Sophie's jaw was gaped at the such near exclamation of the purple-haired girl. She didn't think that the little lass had it in her. The wind wisp with her seemed to be doing the wisp equivalent of laughing at the change in Mina's personality from poised to outright confused and not fully bottled up. The sky Achenite gave the little puff a look that seemed to demand an explanation and it simply puffed a reply.
Old March 11th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Graham Cracker

My Mood: Queenly

( @Leaf @Solstice_X )

"If we have the stuff to do it, I'd like to rig up some kind of course and have pairs work together in a competition or something while we're on the way to Crossford. Other than that...talking with each other about things we have in common is a nice way to get to know someone and develop a little companionship, don't you think?" Iedeo was enjoying the discussion they were having about this. He'd never gotten to share his thoughts in such a way before, and it was kind of exciting.
Already, the caravan was well out into the plains outside the capital with nothing but the broad expanse of flat grassland and occasional hills for miles to see.

"Something like that, I suppose. Not like in one of those cliche villainy ways, like, "Surprise! I've been here the whole time!" But as a thief, it's kinda essential to skulk about in shadows, so I can thief," Viv explained. "And sometimes I might just do it for fun, so y'never know. Also, it's not like Lilith just stepped out, she was sneaking up on us naturally, and you happened to catch her."

Nodding like it wasn't a big deal despite Mina's loud reaction, Thaddius responded, "Mhm, a white-haired guy told me about you. Of course, I already knew who you were, so I was excited about getting to work with you because you're so talented and all, but you're not turning out the way I hoped you would be."

Olivia and Lienn's attention was immediately directed to Mina as well, although their thoughts were different from Sophie's. Olivia was more concerned about calming the girl down, while Lienn was dreading about what was going on. If there was wrong happening at this school, and that had something to do with the lack of people, loud noises that could alert the cause of that frightened her.
Darkness blacker than black and darker than dark, I beseech thee, combine with my deep crimson. The time of awakening cometh. Justice, fallen upon the infallible boundary, appear now as an intangible distortion. ... Explosion! - Megumin

I have no strength, but I want it all. I have no knowledge, but all I do is dream. There's nothing I can do, but I struggle in vain. - Subaru

I don't want to see any more things that've changed. It's exhausting. - Hikari Sakishima

Last edited by Grimshadow; March 11th, 2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old March 12th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Fleaffy

My Mood: Bored

@Grimshadow @Solstice_X ) Alohi watched as the stalker faded into the distance behind them and felt a kind of relief being lifted a little. She turned to the boys. "Yea he was following us all the way to the gate. We don't know what he wants," she explained. She looked at Fax and beamed at him. "You look like you melt when you sleep," she told him trying to stifle a small giggle.

Kalo watched the wagon and he slowed his pace a little, knowing he wouldn't be able to keep up with it. He kept scraping mud off of his arms and flicked it towards the ground as he reminded himself to wash his clothes when he came up upon some source of water whether it be a river, lake, or pond.
I post art and animation here:
Youtube Instagram DeviantArt Twitter

Last edited by Leaf; March 12th, 2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old March 12th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Honourary Rolling Pin

( @Leaf @Grimshadow )

"We could stopover at a ridge or something, maybe set up a scavenger hunt in a forest if we camp in one?" Elise suggested. Given that Crossford was a couple day's journey away, they surely would have to stopover somewhere with more foliage than an open plain.

Erin flopped his hand as he thought, "So you think I won't be able to catch you when you 'thief'? Or are you hoping that I do?" He was new to whatever this was and the feeling felt odd to him.

Fax burbled as Zephyr brought his hand away from the handle of his blade and Myr just looked curiously at the wisp. The little thing seemed to be doing its equivalent of smiling as it gave a twirl before settling to rest in Alohi's lap.

"So what's this?" Asked Myr as both he and Zephyr eye-balled the wisp.

White hair...? Mina questioned who could've sent them as they made their way towards the entrance of the building. A greenish colored wisp seemed to be gesturing to section of hedge as the group trudged on. As a response to her wisp, Mina gave a hedge a thorough glance before shooting her left hand out. Trails of ocean blue shards emerged from a similarly colored light circle that radiated from the palm of her hand and fired at the hedge with wispy trails behind each shard.

Just before the first shards hit the hedge, a pale pink rune shone to life before a likewise pink negation shield disintegrated the shards in puffs of pink and blue smoke. True to Lienn's worry, someone had heard Mina's outburst and was now hidden in the shrubbery nearby.

"Who's there?" Mina ordered in question as the pink rune reappeared again before the shield disappeared. She tapped here foot on the ground as she waited for a response.

Sophie gave the shrubs a curious look as she waited for a response from the foliage. The wind wisp was at her side and neither seemed as worried as their peers.
Old March 12th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Honourary Rolling Pin

(For Grim, the Headmaster and other important people for the Lyceum spinoff )

Name
Headmaster Gordon Arimaeus / Remora Arimaeus
Appearance
Gordon – http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tW0aub88XLE/UVP4jUiXG9I/AAAAAAAAcek/lbMXuie2njI/s1600/ncLOHSennoKiseki_26.jpg
Remora - http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/SteelShade/Misc/vc-selvaria-bles.jpg
Personality
Despite the school’s dark and mysterious reputation, Headmaster Gordon is a patient and warm man that strives to make everyone feel welcomed at the Lyceum. Still, behind the outward warmth lies a mentality with seemingly more serious intentions. This is kept behind closed doors and Remora has been one of the few students to see this darker tone to the Headmaster’s personality.
Remora herself is a serious-natured and strict girl. She doesn’t like it when things don’t follow her grandfather’s intentions at the school and with the rise of the darkness, evil, and corruption, she has put in even more effort to resolve the situation. Despite her attempts, the darkness and corruption still grow each day and she can’t help but feel useless at stopping it.
Other
Remora is Gordon’s granddaughter and the second in command.
Remora also has the title of “Cobra Caster” for her signature serpent spell.
Gordon has no catalyst and Remora’s catalyst is her golden scaled belt.
Name
Nerou “Pink-Key” Koga
Appearance
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4b/76/d0/4b76d046b35e1f8e9f1418132a608dc0.jpg
Personality
Nerou is a loner type and doesn’t really like associating much with other students at the school. He tends to do his own things of his own accord and is rarely waivered by the threat of possible death or injury. Though he’s sometimes made fun of for his coloration of pale pinks, he quickly silences his bullies when they observe the true nature of his magic. While passive for the most part, he doesn’t like it when people bother him and will do near anything to silence them or make them leave him alone. Still, he does have his fair share of run-ins with Remora and thus has become a part of her special task force at the school.
Other
Nicknamed “Pink-Key” for his pink palette and his unique magic type.
Has no catalyst, but carries around a bunch of keys, each marked with different runes and inscriptions.
Old March 12th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Graham Cracker

( @Leaf @Solstice_X )

There was no doubt in how great of an idea that sounded, and Iedeo's reply came in an instant. "That sounds fantastic! I like the way you think." They would need a way to set up a boundary of course, and then there was the deal of actually hiding whatever it was they'd be using in a way that would encourage teamwork and tact. "If we come by a place like that, we should do one, for sure."

"I was hoping that if you did catch me, you'd make an exception," Is all Viv said for a moment as she wrapped her blanket tighter around her shoulders. The brown fabric it was spun out of made her appear strikingly similar to how she looked the day she joined the party, before she threw away the cowl and it exploded into smoke, thus exposing her as the Silver Demon. "At least in the way of throwing rocks at me," she added, "Since I can't expect Mister Civic Duty Needs to Break His Neck to let a thief get away with her crime, as unlikely as it is you'd catch me, now can I?" Viv jibed. The look she gave him was a playful one that seemed to invite a challenge.

There was no hesitation as Olivia and Lienn formed a human barrier in front of the two magi, sliding their master-crafted swords from their matching scabbards and raising them in a defensive manner. They prepared to use their offhand to raise a ward in case any more projectiles were fired at them as well. "Come out!" Olivia ordered.

By the Gods, who's attacking us? Wasting no time, Thaddius lifted a hand, palm-up, and a pale blue orb began to glow before launching off in the direction that the person came from before shattering into magical particles that sucked the mana out of the air. If whoever Mina just attacked attempted to use magic again, they would find they was unable to.
Darkness blacker than black and darker than dark, I beseech thee, combine with my deep crimson. The time of awakening cometh. Justice, fallen upon the infallible boundary, appear now as an intangible distortion. ... Explosion! - Megumin

I have no strength, but I want it all. I have no knowledge, but all I do is dream. There's nothing I can do, but I struggle in vain. - Subaru

I don't want to see any more things that've changed. It's exhausting. - Hikari Sakishima

Last edited by Grimshadow; March 12th, 2017 at 10:34 PM.
Old March 12th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Fleaffy

@Grimshadow @Solstice_X) Alohi grinned and patted Fax. "Fax is a wisp. He kind of just appeared almost when I was talking to this one boy back at our dungeonering (dungeoneering? Idk) academy. And then he help me with getting- or would it be making... my catalyst," Alohi trailed off then finished her sentence.

(*looks at Kalo* you done scraping off mud? Kalo: No. *scrapes mud*)
Old March 12th, 2017, 10:58 PM
Honourary Rolling Pin

( @Leaf xD Kalo tho. @Grimshadow )

"Should we check a map then to see if such a place will come along?" Elise asked as she took a map out of a satchel attached to Kiera's saddle. Unfolding it, her eyes glanced over all the places and the land features before she angled it so that both she and Iedeo could look at it.

The sun was already high in the sky as the mid-day breeze swept through. Erin was glad that his blonde hair was tied back in a little boop of a tail behind him, otherwise it would've been blowing around like Elise's was. He gave Viv a grin before replying, "Unlikely to catch you? Didn't I catch and carry you before?"

"I see." Zephyr voiced as he rested his head on his chin, eyes closed in thought. He'd never seen such a coloration for a wisp and was intrigued at all the possibilities for wisp colorations and types. Being from a village where most didn't even possess the ability for magic, let alone the type to summon and utilize wisps, he had vowed to learn on his adventures.

Likewise, Myr was intrigued, but unlike Zephyr, he was more the type stick his nose into things. Ergo, he reached a hand out to pat the wisp and gave Alohi and it a look as if asking for permission.

Fax watched the strange yellow haired lightning affiliated boy with a curious look before it looked up at Alohi, waiting for her decision.

"Jeez, I'm the one that gets attacked and you all make it seem as if I'm the one that attacked you." A voice mused before a grey-pink haired boy emerged from the shrubs. His katana scabbard was slung across his back and the keys on his belt made a clinking sound with every step he took. Oddly colored, yellow eyes gave the group a onceover before he continued, "Name's Nerou, so what brings a bunch of outsiders to the Lyceum?"
Old March 13th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Graham Cracker

( @Leaf @Solstice_X )

When Elise showed him the map, Iedeo leaned over a bit to take a look. About forty miles north, they would be crossing through a forest. The group would need to detour into it since the path through was clear, with the forest basically split onto either side, being labeled as a mixed tree forest, a large one at that it, stretching many miles more to the east and west and going for about another twenty-five and then ending shortly before the ford that Crossford was built upon, and after that, things started to transition into a tundra. There were a few groves here and there before they got to the forest, but they weren't worth stopping in to have a scavenger hunt, and Iedeo relayed the idea of doing it there to Elise.

"Yes, you did, and I recall you did so like I was some damsel," the thief admitted coyly, bumping against his shoulder with hers. "But I was unprepared; I thought you guys were going to buy the gem, which you did, and so I made a rush decision. Plus I didn't even get the opportunity to use much magic. And, I was outnumbered," she pointed out. "Despite that, I did almost get away. Now say, if I made plans, no one was alerted, and whatever else have you, I could easily sneak around without getting caught. Hehe, I could probably steal the pants right off you and you wouldn't notice."

Just like the boy did to them, Thaddius eyed him over. He had some very unnatural colours indeed, and to investigate him further, Agsby flew closer, unseen while the pink boy was distracted. "We're asking the questions, and anyhow, I'm not an outsider. Now to start, why were you hiding in a bush? Stunts like that can get people killed."

Old March 13th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Fleaffy

@Grimshadow @Solstice_X ) "If you're fine with it, I'm fine with it," Alohi said to Fax when he looked up at her as Myr reached out to pat him. The decision of being touched she would leave to the person, or in this case magical being, to decide. Her katana had shifted underneath her in its sheath somehow while sitting and was jabbing into her hind uncomfortably so she reached behind her and pulled it out, setting it back to the right side of her belt.