Today 12:30 AM
come one, come all [RC...
Last post by Blazing
Yesterday 11:15 PM

Old May 2nd, 2020, 07:00 PM
this night is sparkling

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

(yes she will come back once I have 43,500 Koins)
being this young is art

Old May 2nd, 2020, 07:00 PM
the stars are aligned

Fawnsqueak watched and grew mildly horrified as her stillness dragged on, her body limp. A thick swallowed forced its way down his throat, yet he couldn't bring himself to break the silence that had stretched on forever. There weren't words for a situation like this, no preparation for the sudden death that loomed over everybody after coming seemingly out of nowhere. She'd passed too quickly to be helped. It was only when the edges of his vision became black and fuzzy that he remembered to breathe, stiff as a board as he stood there. The last time a cat had died in front of him, he'd felt guilt despite not having a paw in the process whatsoever.. and this time, he was discouraged but not bogged down by guilt. Their best efforts couldn't have saved her, and he recognized that. It was just.. one of those things.

Numbly nodding, Fawnsqueak collected the moss and seeds to place them back into the storage, trying to see the bright side of this: their resources hadn't gone to a cat who wouldn't have been able to be helped by them, at least.

@wren

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; May 2nd, 2020 at 07:02 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2020, 07:05 PM
Create your own sunshine

@wren @Dipper @Echobreeze18

“Al-Alright.” She meowed, her brow furrowed. “Let’s bring her out behind the den, it looks out at the water. Then we can tell Lionstar.” She nodded. “Could you put these back in the herb store Fawnsqueak.” She nudged the small pile of herbs she had brought beside Echobreeze.

She padded closer to Echobreeze, planning to start carrying her by the scruff. “Ready Coyotesnarl?” She asked.

(She might not be back for a long long time. I’ve been on the site for 3 years and haven’t spent a single coin. I only have about 23 thousand)
Old May 2nd, 2020, 07:12 PM
this night is sparkling

Echobreeze gasped and lifted her head. @Quailsong @CheetahPelt @Dipper
being this young is art

Old May 2nd, 2020, 07:17 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

“Shame” the tom only murmured before gently bending to grab the other herb bundles sulking across the den and setting it before the wall. He wouldn’t do any sorts of organizing for Otterstone. Than joint her side the tom moved her body just slightly.

“Hoist her onto my shoulders. Just tell me where to go” than he turned towards Fawnsqueak “fawn you can... you can go tell Lionstar while we are gone.”

@Dipper @CheetahPelt

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old May 2nd, 2020, 07:23 PM
the stars are aligned

After the initial shock of watching a previously very-dead cat take a breath, Fawnsqueak squinted and leaned forward to get a closer look only to scramble back in surprise. Geez, that was creepy! Coming back post-mortem? He wasn't a fan, quite frankly. "Oookay so, you're alive," he stated plainly, "that's... nice and weird. Alright then." Probably shouldn't think more about that than he had to, but he couldn't help but snort lightly at Coyotesnarl's reaction to her awakening.

"Sure... but what do you want me to tell him, exactly..?" he inquired with a tip of his head. "That Echobreeze died and now, is back? I mean, I can, but I'm not sure he'll like that." For more than it being a freaky occurrence that didn't abide by nature's rules. Sarcastically, he muttered, "He might want us to stomp her throat or something to make sure it doesn't happen again."

@wren @CheetahPelt @Echobreeze18

Old May 2nd, 2020, 07:47 PM
Create your own sunshine

@wren @Dipper @Echobreeze18

Otterstone was about to lead Coyotesnarl out of the back of the sun, until the cat she had hold of by the scruff came gasping back to life. Stumbling back, she gasped. “That’s....unnatural.” She held back a shudder.

She looked up at Fawnsqueak. “I’m not sure we want to tell him anything just yet. We should try and understand this a little better.” She glanced over at the undead queen.

Gazing up at the two toms in the den she furrowed her brow. “I guess we should check it she’s injured yet.” She approached, glancing over the she cats pelt.

Last edited by CheetahPelt; May 2nd, 2020 at 07:49 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2020, 07:55 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

The tom let a snort leave his muzzle. “Oh please... we watched her die. The body’s just contorting” he let the body slide off his shoulders into the floor. He’d make sure it was dead. It was at a point there’s no way of coming back. He stood over the body “Alright. Everyone look away” he’d done this before. Practiced in a sense. The tom than suddenly finished her off for good. A quick slash to the neck would make sure of it.

“Well it’s dead. Or... I suppose she’s dead” the tom said quietly.

The tom gently wiped his claws on the floor of the dusty den with a sigh. Perhaps the third or fourth time he had to dispose of someone quickly. “There’s no point in bringing her back. Herbs would’ve been wasted when she’s already basically a living corpse. It’s better off this way.” The tom snorted once again heaving the limp body over his shoulders. “You can report to him now.”

@CheetahPelt @Dipper
(Whoops didn’t see the post)

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old May 2nd, 2020, 08:01 PM
Create your own sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren View Post

The tom let a snort leave his muzzle. “Oh please... we watched her die. The body’s just contorting” he let the body slide off his shoulders into the floor. He’d make sure it was dead. It was at a point there’s no way of coming back. He stood over the body “Alright. Everyone look away” he’d done this before. Practiced in a sense. The tom than suddenly finished her off for good. A quick slash to the neck would make sure of it.

“Well it’s dead. Or... I suppose she’s dead” the tom said quietly.

The tom gently wiped his claws on the floor of the dusty den with a sigh. Perhaps the third or fourth time he had to dispose of someone quickly. “There’s no point in bringing her back. Herbs would’ve been wasted when she’s already basically a living corpse. It’s better off this way.” The tom snorted once again heaving the limp body over his shoulders. “You can report to him now.”

@CheetahPelt @Dipper
(Whoops didn’t see the post)

@Dipper
@Echobreeze

Otterstone froze, her eyes widening.

He had killed her. She had died twice.

It was for the best, if she was internally bleeding there would have been no hope anyways.

“Fawnsqueak. Go ahead and tell Lionstar the whole story. He can come speak to us if he wants.” She nodded, eyes hard.

“Let me load her back on your shoulders. We can still bring her out back. If there will be a funeral or not.”
Old May 2nd, 2020, 08:14 PM
the stars are aligned

Fawnsqueak felt genuinely bad for a second, under the assumption she had been killed a second time before he realized that Coyotesnarl was right. It was likely just the corpse doing weird things after the life had drained from it, that was more plausible than a non-leader cat coming back to life. He could have face-pawed as his own naivete but found relief in ensuring she was gone this time, no more zombie-clanmates to worry about.

"..Oh. Right." It was a squeak of a reply to Coyotesnarl's explanation, and he supposed he could agree with that... her internal injuries weren't magically going to get better, no herbs could do that. They would just be watching her die slowly. "Oookay, I'll go.. let Lionstorm know?" he echoed Otterstone in the half-question as he debated how to describe this wild chain of events. "I really don't think he'll be wanting to come anywhere near this den, or near us after he hears about this." Otterstone didn't have anything to worry about in that regard, he'd probably want to be as far from this as possible. Before leaving, he dipped his head to both, grateful for their intervention and attempts to help even if they were fruitless. "If.. you guys need a paw with that, uh-- the burial, I'll be here after I'm done talking to him."

@wren @CheetahPelt