Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan > WindClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Acting for Dummies [whole...
by Rani
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 02:26 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Goopysharkboi
Today 02:14 AM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Today 02:09 AM
Lionsbeach
by BEAR.
Today 02:06 AM
Can't catch me now (p)
by poppy
Last post by Dark
Today 01:59 AM
Closed Thread

Old January 1st, 2024, 04:48 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Sharpen the claws, bare the fangs [WC Training Event]

Bravebird
She/her | 41 moons | Beefed Up T3 • One with the Warren

@arrow. - Blizzardpelt rolled a 2 16!

The first time Bravebird was afraid that Blizzardpelt wouldn't use enough speed. But on the second round she was pleasantly surprised as he got faster. With the same amount of momentum she watched as he raked his claws across the mud dummy's stomach and bolt out from underneath. "Good! You've definitely got the speed for this move." She gave him a nod and a grin before she moved on.

@Katiethewolfchild - Bearpelt rolled a 6 11!

His speed was good but as Bravebird watched he attempted to slide underneath the dummy, she realized it wouldn't be enough. Claws scored the mud dummy but the mud collapsed down onto him before he could scramble away fast enough. "When you're on your side," Brave instructed as she approached the warrior, "you can kick out with your hind legs against the ground to push you faster if you can't slide." The warrior demonstrated by stretching her leg out. "Careful to not give the enemy a chance to fall on top of you - depending on the size of the cat it can lead to a quick death." She gave another nod to Bearpelt.

@Desert Rain Frog - Dewsong rolled an 8!

She wasn't entire certain what Dewsong was doing, because none of the moves she attempted were anything like what Bravebird had instructed to do. The warrior watched with confusion as she reared up, then ducked to the side and attacked the flank of the mud dummy. Stifling a groan of annoyance as Badgersnap only seemed to encourage it, Bravebird shook her head. "That's not the move we're on. If you want to practice other moves, or more simple moves, go to Crowtooth's group. Otherwise open your eyes and ears next time." Hopefully Dewsong would understand and look to see what move would be demonstrated this time.

@Rustleaf - Catchingflame rolled a --!

Okay, so they were just stupid. With a growl of dissatisfaction, Bravebird reached out and aimed to snag Catchingflame by her scruff to drag her back down from the dummy. "That is not the move we are practicing," she snapped, clearly irritated. "One of the most important things on the battlefield is using your eyes and ears. If you can't do that, get out of my group." Advance warriors used their senses; if Catchingflame didn't want to , she could leave.

[ make sure catchingflame is practicing the moves that are demonstrated! each post bravebird will demonstrate a move, and that is the move to be preformed ]

@Micanomancy - Hawkfur rolled a 8 14!

At least the next warrior she would have faith in. Bravebird watched eagerly as Hawkfur studied the mud dummy first, then attempted the move. The dummies had been built wide, but she had not taken into account that WindClan had some big cats. She realized this as Hawkfur seemed to get stuck. For a moment memories of the Sky Glade tunnels flashed through her mind and she took a step forward.

But soon enough the large tom freed himself and glanced over at her. She wanted to ask if he was alright, though it seemed it was a irrelevant question as he readied himself again. This time he was much faster, and managed to slide under efficiently before popping out on the other side. "Good job on not giving up," she praised the tom with a nod of her head. "With your size, that move will likely only work on cats bigger than you. So I'm trusting you to flay as many ShadowClan toads as you can get your paws on the next time we meet them in battle," she quipped with a teasing smirk before she moved on.

@Estelle - Silverpaw rolled a 4 16!

Once again Bravebird was impressed by the quickness and efficiency that Silverpaw posed, and once again it tugged on her memories. She was swift and precise, claws scoring the belly before sliding out quickly. "Nice work," she offered the apprentice with a nod, as there wasn't much to improve upon this time around. "The deeper your claws go, the more damage you can do." Not to mention if they scored their claws at just the right angle and deep enough, this move could prove fatal to their enemy.

@FrostyGalaxy - Lichenpaw rolled a 2 2!
It expected to happen at least once, and Bravebird winced as Lichenpaw ducked down at the last second and ended up colliding with the mud dummy. "Try ducking a little sooner. Not enough to give away your plan, but if you watch their muscles, their eyes - you can tell when the right moment to duck is." She placed the tip of her tail on the apprentices shoulder and gave a nod, checking to make sure she was alright before moving on.

-

"This next move is complicated, and it can be fatal depending on who your enemy is." Memories of a certain ShadowClanner she had managed to render her ineffective in the Sky Glade battle. Maw twisting into a smirk, she focused on the mud dummy that didn't have the space underneath it. Taking a breath, the warrior rushed towards the dummy with startling speed. Just before she reached them she drove her paws into the ground, hind legs coming up to meet them, before she pushed off the ground in a tall leap. Rising high above the mud dummy, Brave angled her body to come down right after, landing on the top of the mud dummy and using the momentum to spring off of it again and land just behind it.

"Not only will using your enemy as a springboard allow to you effectively take on another," she started as she circled back around to the front, "but they will likely be down for the rest of the fight." Back injuries were the worst, and often left cats disabled on the battlefield - as Owlhum had been an example of many, many moons ago. "If you can distract them by looking underneath them, or to their shoulder or one side, they won't be expecting you to jump up and land on their back with that much force."

This one would either prove to be more difficult than the first two, or easier, depending on how the cats before her approached it. Bravebird gave a nod to her group for them to try the move out on their own.

[ Apologies for the delay everyone! And Remember, have your cats attempt the move being demonstrated in your next post! Posts with 100+ words will roll with an advantage of getting two roles, and the higher of the two will be recorded ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; January 1st, 2024 at 04:52 PM.
Old January 1st, 2024, 06:53 PM
*Furret walc intensifies*

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Inspired

@tallulah

(Oops I’m so sorry!)

Sigpic done by @ramen
—————————————
Sun, Stars, Moon, Comet, Earth
—————————————
Join my alliance on Dragon City! It’s called Warrior Cats Online <3 (with the heart)
—————————————
"Don't doubt yourself; if anyone tells you your art is bad, then smack them with a frying pan." - FluffyToasterBunny.
Old January 1st, 2024, 09:43 PM

Status: I'm a zombie and I'm hungryyyy... Also if I have to get scolded can't it be for something I did?
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Bearpelt nodded at Bravebird's advice, making sure to tuck the piece of advice away in her mind as she might one day be able to use in it a real battle. When Bravebird began instructing them in how to do the next move Bearpelt listened closely and closely watched her when she showed them how to do the move. When she told them them that it was time to attempt the move she had just showed them and instructed them in how to perform themselves the young warrior nodded her head and rushed over to one of the dummies as quickly as she could before she and attempted to bounce off of the dummy's back as Bravebird had instructed and showed them how to do. {She has over one hundred words}
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. Birdpaw has flock together tier three and bilingual tier three. Toadpaw has silver tongue. Mantiskit has agatha kitty and mind reader. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.
Old January 1st, 2024, 10:21 PM
Lost soul

Bump Policy: on hiatus again
My Mood: Queenly

.:|`Blizzardpelt`|:.

Blizzardpelt grinned at the praise, as he then proceeded to watch Bravebird explain the next move. It definitely looked slightly harder, but he wanted to be the best warrior he could be for his Clan, now that the stakes had gotten even higher for him. He gazed at his dummy with determination, eager to get this move down so he knew it. Every move so far had been fun, but now he really needed to get a bit more serious.

He dashed at the mud dummy before him, faster and faster. When he was almost upon it, he drove his paws into the earth and his hind legs rose above, before he attempted a leap into the air, as he turned to angle himself in the position where he landed on top of the mud dummy. As soon as he had leaped onto it, he sprang off. It amazed him at how fast he could go, and decided to do the move again while his Clanmates attempted on their own.

He refocused on the mud dummy, before bolting towards it. Once again, he hoped his agile speed was accurate and drove his paws into the earth, preparing to leap. He leapt and angled himself again, landing on top of the mud dummy again. He smirked a bit as he sprang off it, rather pleased. If he had done well after all this, perhaps he could start being less of a worrier and focus on his duty within the Clan.

My OCs bios|Back from Hiatus
My pronouns are; She/Her/He/Him/They/Them/It. My timezone is GMT+8. I go to school from 8:30 to 3:45. Originally joined on August 6th, 2019. Please keep in mind that my characters have their beliefs and does not mean I always approve their behavior.
Old January 1st, 2024, 10:41 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulah View Post
@Micanomancy - Hawkfur rolled a 8 14!

At least the next warrior she would have faith in. Bravebird watched eagerly as Hawkfur studied the mud dummy first, then attempted the move. The dummies had been built wide, but she had not taken into account that WindClan had some big cats. She realized this as Hawkfur seemed to get stuck. For a moment memories of the Sky Glade tunnels flashed through her mind and she took a step forward.

But soon enough the large tom freed himself and glanced over at her. She wanted to ask if he was alright, though it seemed it was a irrelevant question as he readied himself again. This time he was much faster, and managed to slide under efficiently before popping out on the other side. "Good job on not giving up," she praised the tom with a nod of her head. "With your size, that move will likely only work on cats bigger than you. So I'm trusting you to flay as many ShadowClan toads as you can get your paws on the next time we meet them in battle," she quipped with a teasing smirk before she moved on.

-

"This next move is complicated, and it can be fatal depending on who your enemy is." Memories of a certain ShadowClanner she had managed to render her ineffective in the Sky Glade battle. Maw twisting into a smirk, she focused on the mud dummy that didn't have the space underneath it. Taking a breath, the warrior rushed towards the dummy with startling speed. Just before she reached them she drove her paws into the ground, hind legs coming up to meet them, before she pushed off the ground in a tall leap. Rising high above the mud dummy, Brave angled her body to come down right after, landing on the top of the mud dummy and using the momentum to spring off of it again and land just behind it.

"Not only will using your enemy as a springboard allow to you effectively take on another," she started as she circled back around to the front, "but they will likely be down for the rest of the fight." Back injuries were the worst, and often left cats disabled on the battlefield - as Owlhum had been an example of many, many moons ago. "If you can distract them by looking underneath them, or to their shoulder or one side, they won't be expecting you to jump up and land on their back with that much force."

This one would either prove to be more difficult than the first two, or easier, depending on how the cats before her approached it. Bravebird gave a nod to her group for them to try the move out on their own.

[ Apologies for the delay everyone! And Remember, have your cats attempt the move being demonstrated in your next post! Posts with 100+ words will roll with an advantage of getting two roles, and the higher of the two will be recorded ]
Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 45 moons
[Deep russet tabby with blue eyes and white chest, muzzle and paws]
---------------
[Bravebird - @tallulah ]
---------------
Hawkfur licked his chest in slight embarrassment when the lilac molly commended him for not giving up. So she had seen his fumble... Luckily she didn't seem to think of him as any less of a warrior, which was his main concern.

The next move sounded like an absolute nightmare. Hawkfur grimaced as she expertly demonstrated it, wondering how on earth he was going to spring himself up onto another cat's back. He was agile, sure, but not that agile!! He sized up the dummy, tail flicking irritably. What if he just... didn't attempt the move? Oh posh, that would be more embarrassing than messing up.

Sighing, Hawkfur lined himself up with the dummy and launched into a run, big paws thumping on the ground. He relied on his strength to send him flying up and over the mud dummy, paws coming down hard on it's back, his weight immediately crushing the dummy underneath him. He slipped a little as the mud sprayed everywhere, and threw himself off the dummy with what he felt was a surprisingly good save. Well, it felt like he succeeded that time! Maybe that move wasn't so bad after all. He looked to Bravebird hopefully.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old January 1st, 2024, 11:57 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

He did it again! Even though he over-did it again, his attack did manage to land cleanly. The basics were really coming on easy as could be. Pride swelled Curlypaw's chest once more; perhaps he could actually make it to be a warrior, at this rate!

There was a certain irony in a violence-adverse cat like Curlypaw being a natural fighter, but that flew right over the young tom's head. In that moment, all he cared about was that he was succeeding at learning skills that could very well save his life.

Curlypaw listened carefully as Crowtooth began speaking once more. They were moving on to harder things? He felt ready. His little toe beans flexed against the earth in excitement, his eyes trained on Crowtooth and Bravebird as they sparred in demonstration of dodging and countering.

When Crowtooth came around to him, Curlypaw immediately began watching his muscles. When he thought he saw them shift in a way to indicate movement in a certain direction, he jumped back. Only a little bit- his experiences thus far had also taught him that he was prone to over-extending himself.

After doing a little hop back, the apprentice swiped at Crowtooth's chest with his right paw; a second later, he swiped at his front legs with his left paw, hoping the two attacks together would be too much to anticipate. He was getting better at balancing; although his legs still wobbled, he didn't feel at risk of tipping over.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old January 2nd, 2024, 12:33 AM
*Furret walc intensifies*

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Inspired

Catchingflame:

She was embarrassed that she hadn’t been paying attention to Bravebird, so Catchingflame watched carefully as the far more experienced warrior demonstrated the move. Ok so it was, run, leap, land, and spring off again. She could do that!

Catchingflame ran at her mud dummy, leapt high I into the air, landed on the dummy, and sprayed a bunch of mud everywhere before springing off the now squashed dummy.
@tallulah (Bravebird)

Sigpic done by @ramen
—————————————
Sun, Stars, Moon, Comet, Earth
—————————————
Join my alliance on Dragon City! It’s called Warrior Cats Online <3 (with the heart)
—————————————
"Don't doubt yourself; if anyone tells you your art is bad, then smack them with a frying pan." - FluffyToasterBunny.
Old January 3rd, 2024, 07:02 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Well thank goodness she hadn't lost all her speed. Silverpaw, by all means, was... Not too disappointed with her performance. It could use some refining and her speed could use some work compared to what it was, but it appeared she hadn't lost everything and that was beyond good. That meant her warrior name was this much closer to being reached, finally. At the cost of her meticulously cleaned fur being all dirty again now, but... She supposed it was worth it, this once. The practice was proving useful and it meant one less thing she needed to practice with Leechscar. That warrior seemed alright, but she wouldn't trust him to help her reach her warrior name - no no, that would entirely be her own work. And no one else's.

With a semi-satisfied huff, shaking off the soil that had come to cling to her fur (how embarrassing!), Silverpaw turned to watch Bravebird perform the next move. She had to give it to the warrior, these tactics were... Interesting. And this one appeared just a little more up her alley as a lighter-weight cat. While she doubted she could cause as much damage as a heavier cat, using your opponent's back as a springer and tool to gain extra height was innovative if anything. She feared what it might do to her still stiff leg, but it was worth a shot. Hopefully, the dummy wouldn't crumble beneath her... And hopefully, she wouldn't miss. Stars, that would be embarrassing.

After the demonstration, Silverpaw found herself a stable-looking looking mud-dummy. She wasn't that big, so it ought to be fine, but the older apprentice wouldn't take any risks. Backing up with a deep breath, eyes laser-focused on the dummy in front of her, the silver blur took off on a run to try and gain enough momentum to jump onto the dummy's back, paws coming together, and then using that to launch herself off of the mud-dummy's back. Truthfully, she found this one a little fun; but that would be her secret. Trying to spring off as best as she could, Silverpaw would be lying if she said that the landing wasn't at least a little rough on her formerly broken leg - the impact, that is - but she was fine mostly. Quite so.

[ @tallulah ]

Old January 6th, 2024, 12:56 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

*-Lichenpaw-*
114/100
she/her || 11moons
small and scruffy calico with one blinding eye

Ok. Ow. Pride a little wounded there, but it's no big deal! She's not about to start crying in frustration, not at all!! Ahahahahah...... Shaking herself and some of the mud out of her fur, the calico grits her teeth at the sudden blooming pain in her head. It shouldn't be anything serious, though, and she's going to complete this training even if she gets banged up trying!!

Anyway, the next move. It looked super cool when Bravebird demonstrated it. A fast running start and a powerful vertical leap upwards. Part of Lichenpaw was sort of surprised with how... simple it seemed. At least for the first portion of the move. The vertical leap was immediately followed by Brave landing square on the mud dummy's 'back' and spring-boarding off so she ultimately landed right behind the dummy. The move would require some power in the legs, but Lichenpaw was fairly certain her ability to jump high for the first part was up to par as she remembered her first hunting training when she leapt after a bird. She never caught the thing, but she'd jumped pretty high and snagged a feather.

Determined, Lichenpaw backs a running distance away from her own dummy, running through the move again in her head. It feels pretty straight forward, so Lichen has no doubts she'll be able to preform well. With a deep breath, she rushes forward, putting power into her sprint until she's a short distance from the dummy. Once in position, she'll bring her back legs to meet her front two, using the momentum from her sprint and redirecting the direction to jump straight upwards. If that was successful, she'd lock her sight in right where she wanted to land - square on the dummy's 'back', and she'd drop down, digging her claws in as she pushed off of it and landed behind the dummy, quickly skidding to a stop and turning around so her back was no longer toward it.

[ the two 2s is crazy ]
[ @tallulah ]
Old January 7th, 2024, 11:25 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 43 Moons

Power Card: Cold Gust

@ChaosBringer. you rolled a 1 19 with advantage! Exhaustion cant get you down!

Crowtooth did eventually made his way over from the other cats and took a critical look at your play dead attempt. Breathing unnoticeable, no twitching, yep it all looked good and when Whisperingpaw lunged up it visibly made the tom twitch before he swatted at the apprentice, playfully twitching. Thats a success!

@Ladiebugg you rolled a 1 2 with advantage! Doesnt look like that did it sadly....

Letting out a tisk Crowtooth places a paw down over your side before you even moved. "Yeah, aint gonna work yer gonna need some practice. Trick aint ta hold yer breath, 'ts ta breath slow shallow an' unnoticeable. 't means 'f they check yer nose for breaths out then ya can hold 't. Try that next time." but not this time. Crowtooth had others to check.

@Pangoligon you rolled a 19 15 with advantage! You're here, you're there, you're everywhere!

Well if you asked the tom running this' opinions he've said Springpaw did very well! Buuuuut a live enemy made a real difference. So padding over with a "Ready?" Crowtooth threw out two side swipes and a snap straight ahead, letting Springpaw figure out dodges and counter moves against an enemy who wouldnt hurt her. Then it'd be looking at her death feint, which based on prior looks looked well and would earn that approval before the tom stepped away to the last group.

@Katiethewolfchild you rolled a 15 13 for Snakepaw, a 1510 for Catapillerpaw, a 14 14 for Foxpaw, and a 5 6 for Birdpaw! All with advantage!

See! When you worked on your breathing things got easier! Crowtooth seemed pleased as Snakepaw was able to dodge and didnt get tripped up or slowed down by their breath too badly. The playing dead wasnt horrible either, and the tom nodded with approval at the apprentice saying "When yer rested an' ready find me 'n camp an' I'll give ya an advanced lesson an' some methods for yer breathin'." Before he moved on.

So the play dead was convincing enough that it actually drew a worried poke and surprised curse when she popped up. As for the dodging.... It seemed that Catapillerpaw might not struggle even with her blindness. Because if she couldnt see the moves she was dodging, she could hear them. Whistles of limbs moving through the air, breaths taken in before a move, tiny little audible hints before the moves and the apprentice did it well enough to earn some praise before the tom moved on.

Foxpaw narrowly squeaked by with the play dead thing, Crowtooth advising "Yer kinda twitchin' but 't passes." as he observed. The getting up earned different advice with "Rock yerself before ya get up. Yer momentum will help ya but otherwise try an' fall on yer 'good' side." Still it was definitely more than good enough with the dodging section and so Crowtooth nodded at her and moved on.

Birdpaw however...... That play dead would never convince anyone and even earned a chuckle. Then it seemed that she was just too eager to move to watch the tom closely as several swiped clipped her. Which Crowtooth relayed, explaining that she'd do well if she didnt mind getting hurt in battle but if she wanted to avoid that and become the skilled fluid movement based fighter he saw in her she'd need to learn to temper herself.

@Cherry~ you rolled a 14 20 with advantage! Can you see the future?!

As swipes were thrown out and Curlypaw dodged it was almost like he could feel the flow of the 'battle'. Certain muscles twitched before they even went into motion, eyes flickered involuntarily, breaths taken in and out depending on if it was a swipe lunge or bite. Curlypaw was dodging them all and seeing the minute openings for counter moves where he could land a blow like a seasoned pro!

-

Eventually Crowtooth finished up with everyone, and once more called attention to bring the event to a close (for the beginners at least, Bravebird ran at her own pace).
"Right, yall did incredibly! Be proud of yerself, I see real talent in this group! This should set ya up fer fightin' but as always I recommend further trainin', 'ts sometimes life or death fer ya. Still hold yerself high as I see the future o' windclans warriors 'n ya an' am pleased with how yall have done!

Dismissed, drink some water an' get some rest. 'f yer interested more lessons ta come, I usually do tunnelin' though."
The tom would leave today with a grin on his muzzle and a bounce in his step, feeling he'd done well to train these apprentices and that they'd be able to hold their own against cats their age, soon cats above as they grew a little.
Closed Thread