burnout senior… for now

Status: I promise I don’t bite… well I do but it’s with love
Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) // 24 - 48 (1 - 2 days) if important <3
My Mood: Angelic

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 Mossfreckle (ShC)
 ゚・。・゚ they/he ~ medicine cat apprentice

Freckled oriental form curled around Birdkit as if his pelt around her could shelter her from all the pain and prickles of inadequacy, yet, claws of insecurity ripped into the broken pieces of his heart as he knew he could not shelter her from the cruelties of the world… stars why couldn't the problem be something he could kill… violence was never something Mossfreckle saw as valid - a necessary evil yes but there was never a strong enough argument for those actions to be completely and utterly justified - but for Birdkit he would more then willingly rip his morals to shreds along with the tension that hung as a thick and heavy burden around the young kit. White tipped paw sunk thorn like claws into the ground in a more subdued version of Birdkit’s brutal assault on the frosted crunchy grass of the clearing corner they were cooped up in, if he pressed deep enough into the soil could he sever the strings of tension that tethered Birdkit to a state of dismay and bitter insecurity… selfishly he allowed his claws to subtly stretch as far as they could - the chill seeped up into his sensitive skin and his claws tugged in the dirt but maybe, just maybe if he stretched just a fraction harder it would sever the entanglement of emotions that held Birdkit like prey in its web.

Small body wracked with sobs as something finally snapped lose in Birdkit - something unraveled and and all of the emotions held tediously within came pouring out - and tears flowed hotly and freely down the kits checks and fell to the frosted ground in thawing drops. As the clearing floor thawed with Birdkit’s tears, Mossfreckle’s heart began to frost over and his mind began a tête-à-tête between reason and selfish need… something, anything… anything… he pleaded with his starry mind in the hopes that he could come up with a solution when Birdkit had fallen short, but nothing really came to his mind. Demeanour was unusually calm even as his starry mind reeled and his paw hold on the cliffs edge seemed to be slipping with every passing minute… focus, focus, focus… there had to be something he could say… even though his knee deep in his core that there was not anything that was a worthwhile and productive solution for him at least.

“Little birdie Princess,” he soothed through comforting licks, “little one, little bird,” he purred as his feathery tail flicked to rub soothingly down her back. Mossy hues met her little teary eyes and his heart felt utterly destroyed… why, why, why, this was not fair… but life was not fair - Mossfreckle knew that better than any cat, “In and out, deep breaths…” he refused to say it was okay, it as not okay and to say it was would mean denying a blatant truth… it would mean looking deeply into the two moon old kits eyes and lying to her and that was not something Mossfreckle could do… not to Birdkit, all he could do was soothe and calm and selfishly pretend that he was going to be able to shelter her from anything else that was going to be throw at her by the cruel games of fortune. Angular head moved to lay gently on Birdkit’s own smaller angular head, “I am sorry that there is so little I can do for you my little princess,” his tones laid him out bare and raw… he would not hide his feelings form Birdkit when she had laid herself open to him, “it is not a solution by any sense of the word but… I’m here for you, little bird… I always will be.” Freckled pelt prickled with guilt and anxiety but - as always - Mossfreckle shoved those feelings into his core, deep into the dark abyss of his starry mind… later… he assured himself - he would deal with his own breaking heart later.

{ @Micanomancy ~ Birdkit }
(My babbyyy mica you broke my heart /lh)

Mossfreckle is Shadowclan’s Medicine Cat

Mossfreckle’s Tracker // ShadowClan Healing // ShadowClan Herb Storage // Roleplay Tracker

Old February 28th, 2024, 12:55 AM
evermore haunting~

Bump Policy: Every 5 days! Please do bump me if i forgot! ¦¦ 1 Day if urgent!
My Mood: Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collieheart View Post

Skitterpaw
( scrappy orange-tabby-and-white tom with amber eyes )
ShadowClan Apprenticehe/him8 moons
nervous • mistrustful • protective

Skitterpaw tilted his head in thought, looking to the sky. He tried to decide how much to say. "Cats talk," he said finally. "Anyone close enough for it to matter knew about the border, 'cause they all thought they'd get their ears clawed off if they ever crossed it." Which was reasonably true, actually, and knowing this was probably in large part why Dawnstar didn't chase him off then and there.

"What's life like growing up here?" Skitterpaw questioned, curious. "What kinda games do clan kits play?"

Willowpaw
| ShadowClan Apprentice | 6 Moons | She/Her, Female |
| Kitty soft paws [inactive] |

Name a thing she didn't like, that Outsiders saw them as territorial cats, and that they would probably kill anyone who stepped paw into their territory. It made her feel rather unwell. Although Skitterpaw's question mostly took her mind off it, she still felt slightly sick. "Uhh, its- its pretty good growing up here," she answered him, "Kits normally play, uhm, Mossball, s-sometimes they playfight, and-and Clans. B-But they normally just come up with-with games on their own. I-I think" She wasn't exactly sure, she'd somewhat forgotten with the excitement and stress and the two billion other emotions that came with her apprenticeship. "Uhm, what- what do you think about the-the other clans?" She asked him (Hopefully he said nothing that was good about ThunderClan).

WIP Character Site! | Art Shop! | Scroller credit! | Pronouns Page! |

Last edited by Myling; February 28th, 2024 at 07:18 AM.
Old February 28th, 2024, 11:36 AM
♡Me, myself, and I♡

Bump Policy: ✮Every Other Day✮
My Mood: Tired

✮Midnightkit✮They/Her✮8 Moons✮Straight ✮Kit
✮Rosecloud✮She/Her✮ 20 Moons✮Pan ✮Warrior/Mentor ✮App: SwanPaw
//Open

Midnightkit padded into the clearing looking for Rosecloud, who had just returned from a hunting patrol, as she had heard. Her eyes swept the clan members before landing on the fimilar she-cat. Midnightkit excitedly ran up to Rosecloud.

The warrior, a bit tired from the hunt, flopped down in a sunny spot, feeling the warmth against her fur. She closed her eyes, letting the air blow around her, feeling so comfy. Then she heard the familiar voice of Midnightkit.

"Hi there Rosecloud! How was the hunt? Caught anything good?" Midnightkit mews, her tail lashing with the excitement they couldn't contained.

Rosecloud chuckles and nods. "The hunt was good. I caught a few rabbits and this huge owl," she tells the kit with a soft smile. She loved the kit as if Midnightkit was her own and was happy to see how excited they are.

"A owl?! That so cool! I hope I can catch a owl one day when I am an apprentice," Midnightkit mews looking at the warrior with even more excitement.

⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆
☽.Xai.☾
♰He/Void/Zir/They/She♰
⋆。°✩Genderfluid✧.°
♡Taken♡
Old February 28th, 2024, 04:35 PM

Bump Policy: I don't know what this is and would like to find out the hard way
My Mood: Mellow

Dawntail watch as the clan milled about, relaxed in the late-day sun. It seemed like a good night for some hunting, and her claws ached to extend into the marshy ground of the territory.
Old February 28th, 2024, 05:25 PM
spider-in-the-corner

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Sad

Silentcrow walked into the clearing her black fur bounced off of the white snow the fluttered down the queen couldn't help but feel anxious and a little restless she looked around and grabbed some fresh kill it was a small mouse no bigger then a newborn kit bent down and ate the kill she finished it quickly but she was not that hungry to begin with so it filled her fast. she took a deep breath and twitched her tail back in fourth she knew something was coming soon but didnt know what.

@Fawnheart<3 (if ya wanna respond :3 )
Old February 28th, 2024, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-in-the-corner View Post
Silentcrow walked into the clearing her black fur bounced off of the white snow the fluttered down the queen couldn't help but feel anxious and a little restless she looked around and grabbed some fresh kill it was a small mouse no bigger then a newborn kit bent down and ate the kill she finished it quickly but she was not that hungry to begin with so it filled her fast. she took a deep breath and twitched her tail back in fourth she knew something was coming soon but didnt know what.

@Fawnheart<3 (if ya wanna respond :3 )
Dawntail's amber gaze slid over to Silentcrow. She noticed that the black shecat seem tense, almost paranoid. Dawntail herself couldn't feel more relaxed.
Maybe dark furred cats don't like the snow since they cannot hide as well? She thought to herself. Then suspicion crept like weed roots into the edges of her mind. Had something happened that was making Silentcrow so nervous? She had no background knowledge of this particular clanmate, only that she look ready to jump out of her pelt on this beautiful, if not chilly, night.
Old February 28th, 2024, 08:33 PM

Bump Policy: anytime?
My Mood: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutCash View Post
Dawntail's amber gaze slid over to Silentcrow. She noticed that the black shecat seem tense, almost paranoid. Dawntail herself couldn't feel more relaxed.
Maybe dark furred cats don't like the snow since they cannot hide as well? She thought to herself. Then suspicion crept like weed roots into the edges of her mind. Had something happened that was making Silentcrow so nervous? She had no background knowledge of this particular clanmate, only that she look ready to jump out of her pelt on this beautiful, if not chilly, night.
=== BlackberryStrike of ShadowClan/Tom/25 Moons/Lean build=====

The lean black tom yawned and stretched as he pulling himself from the warrior's den into the chilly air. he spotted Dawntail sitting alone perking his tail up Blackberrystrike headed for the freshkill pile grabbing a mouse then over to Dawntail "Hey..! Are you okay? You look like you've swallowed crowfood...here" he placed the mouse beside her.

BlackberryStrike of ShadowClan

BeaverTail of RiverClan

LittleCloud of WindClan

Last edited by PolarIce; February 28th, 2024 at 08:33 PM.
Old February 28th, 2024, 08:36 PM
Welp I'm air not water

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Sad

"Frostsnow!" Moonpaw called out. "Where are you?"
@TheRadioDemon
Old February 28th, 2024, 08:45 PM
Giving you a warm welcome

Bump Policy: bump whenever, but respond time will prob be weekends or slow :33<
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wispwillow View Post
"Frostsnow!" Moonpaw called out. "Where are you?"
@TheRadioDemon
Frostsnow padded out of the warriors den hello there Moonie, how are you today?

"Thou art unfit for any place but hell."~shakespear
Slime'Tuft is JuniperClan's medcat app. and has a semi-open den policy
auction day! i cant believe it!

Desert Rain Frog hopped in! Blxze. lit this sig. *Lunastar* trampled this sig doing quadrobics. ~MothDust~ drew silli kittis here. leopard. brought her cats in here to destroy the place.

name and pronoun shop
Old February 28th, 2024, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarIce View Post
=== BlackberryStrike of ShadowClan/Tom/25 Moons/Lean build=====

The lean black tom yawned and stretched as he pulling himself from the warrior's den into the chilly air. he spotted Dawntail sitting alone perking his tail up Blackberrystrike headed for the freshkill pile grabbing a mouse then over to Dawntail "Hey..! Are you okay? You look like you've swallowed crowfood...here" he placed the mouse beside her.

"Oh! Blackberrystrike...hi," Dawntail stuttered out, trying not to appear as caught-off-guard as she truly was, "Thank you for the mouse." She gave him a grateful blink after she recovered.
As the red she-cat settled down next to the dark tom to enjoy her meal, she decided to ask if he knew anything Silentcrow might be nervous about.
"Earlier in the evening, Silentcrow seemed to be really peeved about something, but I couldn't guess what. At first I thought it was because dark-furred cat struggle to hunt in the snowy season, but you seem as relax as ever, Blackberrystrike. Do you know if anything suspicious has happened recently?"