Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawn<3 View Post

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 Mossfreckle (ShC)
 ゚・。・゚ they/he ~ medicine cat apprentice

Freckled oriental form curled around Birdkit as if his pelt around her could shelter her from all the pain and prickles of inadequacy, yet, claws of insecurity ripped into the broken pieces of his heart as he knew he could not shelter her from the cruelties of the world… stars why couldn't the problem be something he could kill… violence was never something Mossfreckle saw as valid - a necessary evil yes but there was never a strong enough argument for those actions to be completely and utterly justified - but for Birdkit he would more then willingly rip his morals to shreds along with the tension that hung as a thick and heavy burden around the young kit. White tipped paw sunk thorn like claws into the ground in a more subdued version of Birdkit’s brutal assault on the frosted crunchy grass of the clearing corner they were cooped up in, if he pressed deep enough into the soil could he sever the strings of tension that tethered Birdkit to a state of dismay and bitter insecurity… selfishly he allowed his claws to subtly stretch as far as they could - the chill seeped up into his sensitive skin and his claws tugged in the dirt but maybe, just maybe if he stretched just a fraction harder it would sever the entanglement of emotions that held Birdkit like prey in its web.

Small body wracked with sobs as something finally snapped lose in Birdkit - something unraveled and and all of the emotions held tediously within came pouring out - and tears flowed hotly and freely down the kits checks and fell to the frosted ground in thawing drops. As the clearing floor thawed with Birdkit’s tears, Mossfreckle’s heart began to frost over and his mind began a tête-à-tête between reason and selfish need… something, anything… anything… he pleaded with his starry mind in the hopes that he could come up with a solution when Birdkit had fallen short, but nothing really came to his mind. Demeanour was unusually calm even as his starry mind reeled and his paw hold on the cliffs edge seemed to be slipping with every passing minute… focus, focus, focus… there had to be something he could say… even though his knee deep in his core that there was not anything that was a worthwhile and productive solution for him at least.

“Little birdie Princess,” he soothed through comforting licks, “little one, little bird,” he purred as his feathery tail flicked to rub soothingly down her back. Mossy hues met her little teary eyes and his heart felt utterly destroyed… why, why, why, this was not fair… but life was not fair - Mossfreckle knew that better than any cat, “In and out, deep breaths…” he refused to say it was okay, it as not okay and to say it was would mean denying a blatant truth… it would mean looking deeply into the two moon old kits eyes and lying to her and that was not something Mossfreckle could do… not to Birdkit, all he could do was soothe and calm and selfishly pretend that he was going to be able to shelter her from anything else that was going to be throw at her by the cruel games of fortune. Angular head moved to lay gently on Birdkit’s own smaller angular head, “I am sorry that there is so little I can do for you my little princess,” his tones laid him out bare and raw… he would not hide his feelings form Birdkit when she had laid herself open to him, “it is not a solution by any sense of the word but… I’m here for you, little bird… I always will be.” Freckled pelt prickled with guilt and anxiety but - as always - Mossfreckle shoved those feelings into his core, deep into the dark abyss of his starry mind… later… he assured himself - he would deal with his own breaking heart later.

{ @Micanomancy ~ Birdkit }
(My babbyyy mica you broke my heart /lh)

Birdkit
ShadowClan
she/her | 4 moons
[Blue-grey tabby with a dark blue overcoat, white unders, and amber eyes]
Purrks: Dreamwalker [PERMANENTLY ACTIVE]
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Birdkit cried into his fur, hiccuping slightly as she buried herself further into the fluffiness as though she could disappear forever. Her outburst didn't last long, and she quickly calmed herself. Birdkit was naturally an upbeat, excitable kit, and sorrow slid off her like water off a duck. She sucked in deep breath after breath at Mossfreckle's instruction, closing her eyes and leaning into his licks. When she was done, she glanced up sheepishly. "M'sorry." She muttered, sighing heavily and rubbing her face on her paws. "It's silly." When she looked up again, her amber eyes were searching. Mossfreckle almost seemed more distraught than she was, about something far away. She reached up to press her nose against his. "Thank you." She meowed, in a soft, kit-like voice that was her own.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old March 1st, 2024, 03:12 PM
evermore haunting~

Bump Policy: Every 5 days! Please do bump me if i forgot! ¦¦ 1 Day if urgent!
My Mood: Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collieheart View Post

Skitterpaw
( scrappy orange-tabby-and-white tom with amber eyes )
ShadowClan Apprenticehe/him8 moons
nervous • mistrustful • protective

Skitterpaw listened with interest, absorbing the information. It all seemed like pretty useful stuff to know. He snorted softly at her joke about RiverClan's territory. At the admission of the war with ThunderClan, he couldn't contain a small reaction — his eyes widened and his ears twitched, as well as his whiskers. He tilted his head, thoughtful. It seemed like something that would be widespread knowledge, but it hadn't made it out of the clans.

At her question, he hummed in thought. What to ask her? There was so much he felt like he didn't know, but that very lack of knowledge meant he hadn't the tools to craft a sufficient question. "What is... war like?" Oof, maybe that was a bit of a harsh one. "I mean, clearly we aren't in battle right now, but does war mean it could happen at any moment? What... what's stopping ThunderClan from just killing any ShadowClan cat on the spot?" The more he went on the more he felt the comfortable feeling of the past conversation slip away. His anxiety returned along with a dark pit in his stomach at the thought of losing the clan he'd only just found. He flexed his claws anxiously in the dirt, his tail twitching and his fur on end.

Willowpaw
| ShadowClan Apprentice | 6 Moons | She/Her, Female |
| Kitty soft paws [inactive] |

Her confidence boosted a bit when Skitterpaw snorted at her joke, but soon she was feeling painfully anxious. When he asked his first question, for a moment she felt relieved that she could just say "I've never been in battle before". But his next question was much worse. She couldn't say the sentence that was going to be her excuse for not having to talk much about war. She couldn't avoid this question at all. The words Killing any ShadowClan cats on the spot made her stomach lurch, she shuddered at the thought of it. At this point he was practically unintentionally begging her to say that they were going to attack ThunderClan soon. "We-We're no-not in any b-battle right n-now....... B-b-but w-we're- i mean, their-their going t-to raid t-t-their c-camp s-soon" Her voice quivered, she gulped. She'd seen them begin to gather for training, but she -Being the coward she was- had hidden herself away in her nest. "A-And the-the War-Warrior C-Code is-is probably stopping th-them from k-killing u-us." Her shoulders hunched miserably, she'd been panicked about the raid since the other cats had started training. She knew that one day she'd have to fight, but she still wanted to avoid it as much as she possibly could. A headache that was seemingly made out of pure worry started boring into her skull, adding to her already growing concern.

WIP Character Site! | Art Shop! | Scroller credit! | Pronouns Page! |
Old March 1st, 2024, 03:39 PM
Moving Forward

Bump Policy: after 3 days, I've been much more active recently.
My Mood: Busy

~Flamegaze~
She/her
Purrk(s): Silver Tongue | Active
-------------------
Flamegaze peaked her head out of the warriors den and lifted it towards the sun. She smiled. It was one of the few sunny days that they had had in a long time. it was nice for a change, although the snow was blinding in the sunlight. It didn't make it any warmer either. Still, it was nice to have sun for a change.
(Open!)
Flamegaze|Character Creator|Random Art Shop
Old March 1st, 2024, 07:40 PM

Bump Policy: anytime?
My Mood: Thinking

Blackberrystrike ears twitched at the she-cats question and he gave a quick glace towards Silentcrow

"Hmm...I hadn't truly noticed...also the snow never bothered me and MY hunting skills!" the tom purred fluffing his chest out even though now he was curious of what could be bothering his fellow clanmate , turning his blue gaze back to Dawntail "...Should we ask her ourselves?" he mewed.

BlackberryStrike of ShadowClan

BeaverTail of RiverClan

LittleCloud of WindClan
Old March 1st, 2024, 09:24 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours (24 hours for time sensitive)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePerson View Post

Willowpaw

Her confidence boosted a bit when Skitterpaw snorted at her joke, but soon she was feeling painfully anxious. When he asked his first question, for a moment she felt relieved that she could just say "I've never been in battle before". But his next question was much worse. She couldn't say the sentence that was going to be her excuse for not having to talk much about war. She couldn't avoid this question at all. The words Killing any ShadowClan cats on the spot made her stomach lurch, she shuddered at the thought of it. At this point he was practically unintentionally begging her to say that they were going to attack ThunderClan soon. "We-We're no-not in any b-battle right n-now....... B-b-but w-we're- i mean, their-their going t-to raid t-t-their c-camp s-soon" Her voice quivered, she gulped. She'd seen them begin to gather for training, but she -Being the coward she was- had hidden herself away in her nest. "A-And the-the War-Warrior C-Code is-is probably stopping th-them from k-killing u-us." Her shoulders hunched miserably, she'd been panicked about the raid since the other cats had started training. She knew that one day she'd have to fight, but she still wanted to avoid it as much as she possibly could. A headache that was seemingly made out of pure worry started boring into her skull, adding to her already growing concern.

Skitterpaw

He frowned as he listened to her rambling. What he could larse from her panicked words seemed to indicate that, no, he needn't worry about suddenly losing ShadowClan. He wanted to ask if she was going along with the raid — which was new, interesting information itself — but she mentioned something that caught his attention. Warrior Code? He hadn't heard about that, but from the casual way Willowpaw mentioned it, he tried to avoid looking clueless. "Why would the... warrior code stop them?" he questioned, trying to make it sound like a casual question.

[ note: the name Skitterpaw was rejected after a bit of a mess, so the boi is now Scratchpaw. this note will be added to previous posts for the purpose of tracking. aside from this, no editing will be made. ]

No you have a good day!
Characters | BlazeClan

Last edited by Collieheart; March 19th, 2024 at 04:52 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2024, 09:59 AM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

*Mothkit ran over to see what was going on.*

@SuspiciousMindz

(Mothkit is summoned)

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿
Old March 2nd, 2024, 10:56 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
She/Her | Purrks Overlook

Pausing in her grooming to snake a paw around Mirekit as the little kit reared up to prevent the little darling from falling backward, Lostspark cringed internally at the red still splattered over her paws. "Hello," She murmured, dipping her head in an attempt to touch her nose to Mirekit's, and then to drag her tongue quickly over the kit's forehead. Raising her gaze again, the Medicine Cat blinked slowly at Birdkit, and then at Wispykit as the little she-kit all but ran into Thrushfeather's unmoving form. Quickly putting out a paw in an attempt to pull Wispykit away from the body, Lostspark glanced towards Birdkit. "Little ones, I want you to go sit with Birdkit. I can't have warriors stepping around or on you."

Turning her gaze to Mistlewhisker, Mossfreckle, Lynxshade, and Pebbleshell as they offered their help, Lostspark stood, abandoning her grooming. She could do it later. "A fox happened." Was the only explanation Lostspark gave, canting her head to the side. "It's dead now." She'd made certain of that, at the very least.

"Mistlewhisker, I want you and Mossfreckle to take Thrushfeather's body to Moonlit Grove and bury her there." With a nod, the Medicine Cat turned to face camp exit again. "Lynxshade and Pebbleshine, I'm sending you two out into the territory to get rid of the fox's remains. Throw it over the border into the outskirts, bury it, whatever, I don't care. Just get rid of it, ShadowClan doesn't need any more trouble regarding predators." Technically, Lostspark was coming with them, but she was only dropping by to pick up the fox's pelt so she could return with it to camp and give Dawnstar her report. "I'll show you where it is, come on." Tail flicking, Lostspark left camp once more.

[ @tally - Mirekit / @Micanomancy - Birdkit & Mistlewhisker / @Fawn<3 - Mossfreckle / @Eden - Wispykit / @Wingnettle - Lynxshade / @rust`rock - Pebbleshell ]
Lynxshade
Shadowclan Enforcer
29 moons | she/her

Shadow Fiend | Primal Instincts | Beefed Up (T3) | Bilingual (T3)
Lynxshade nodded at the grim news. Trouble. There's always trouble. We had the lynxes, Thunderclan's incursions, and now... this fox kills our warriors. "Fine." She replied darkly, flicking her tail to Pebbleshine to signal to follow her. She walked rhythmically behind Lostspark, silently wondering how this blind cat could guide them through the territory and find what they were looking for. I'd never known a blind creature, but I couldn't have imagined their exploration instincts could be so... sharp. She narrowed her eyes, but kept going without saying a word.
She was ready to kill.

Last edited by Wingnettle; March 2nd, 2024 at 10:56 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 07:44 AM
evermore haunting~

Bump Policy: Every 5 days! Please do bump me if i forgot! ¦¦ 1 Day if urgent!
My Mood: Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collieheart View Post

Skitterpaw

He frowned as he listened to her rambling. What he could larse from her panicked words seemed to indicate that, no, he needn't worry about suddenly losing ShadowClan. He wanted to ask if she was going along with the raid — which was new, interesting information itself — but she mentioned something that caught his attention. Warrior Code? He hadn't heard about that, but from the casual way Willowpaw mentioned it, he tried to avoid looking clueless. "Why would the... warrior code stop them?" he questioned, trying to make it sound like a casual question.

Willowpaw

She twitched her ear nervously, she didn't actually know that much about the Warrior Code. She only knew that a gathering was to be held in a truce every moon, but she had yet to latch onto any other rules. She thought through what she should say without sounding like she'd be a bad warrior, for maybe a tad bit to long. She unfortunately failed at coming up with somekind of excuse for not knowing the Warrior Code, she took a subtle deep breath."Uhm, if-if I'm being ho-honest, i-i don't know." He wouldn't think that was weird, would he? That a clan cat didn't know what stopped a cat from killing the other. She had only just started her apprenticeship some amount of days ago, after all, but she should still know basic things like this. "I-I haven't learned the-the Warrior C-Code yet." If only she could pause time and somehow go and learn the Warrior Code on her own. Too bad literally pausing time itself was impossible. "I-Is there somekind- somekind of t-thing similar out-outside the C-clans?"

WIP Character Site! | Art Shop! | Scroller credit! | Pronouns Page! |
Old March 3rd, 2024, 12:27 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

Moonkit
Kit || He/him || 4 Moons || Purrks: Unknown

Moonkit was feeling speedy today... real speedy. It had been some time now that he'd learned to walk on all four paws instead of wiggling around on his tummy (impressive, he knows). And recently he had learned the joys of running. He truly didn't know how his trillion siblings would keep up with his outstanding feats! They would simply have to settle for eating his dust it seems...

Moonkit was enjoying that breakneck speed of his now, running as fast as lightning in the clearing. Occasionally he would run up to a den wall just to back flip right back off of it too. Ya whateva, I'm just cool like dat. It was fun, amazing even, but it was missing something. A little extra oomf... OH!

"TAG!" A white front paw reached out to bap the first cat he saw - a kit with fuzzy brown fur. "You gotta chase me now!" He giggled, before sprinting away at speeds so fast he worried her tiny mind wouldn't be able to comprehend.

@zozelen
Old March 4th, 2024, 10:53 AM
wco's local arsonist

Bump Policy: 12 - 24 hours, cus probs forgot about it
My Mood: Bored

Frostkit sneezed.

Duststar is the current leader of DesertClan! She has a semi-open den policy!

Rose stopped by to brush away all the dustbunnies!

"Yeet or get yeeted. -Sun Tzu probably

Last edited by Snowyfeathr; March 4th, 2024 at 10:54 AM.