Lionsbeach
by BEAR.
Last post by taillow
Today 10:18 PM

Old April 7th, 2020, 07:48 AM
eternally tired

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

@x ghostie

Sparrowpaw was sitting, pondering life when he heard Wormbite. It kind of caught him off guard. "W-What?" He spun around. "O-Oh, sure. I'll hunt with you." He said quietly. He then followed Wormbite into territory.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old April 7th, 2020, 10:54 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Berrykit bounded over to the bush so she could try again. When she turned around, she noticed Lightfeather staring at her paws, lost in her thoughts. Why isn't she pretending to be a mouse? Berrykit started heading in the she-cat's direction. "Hey! Why aren't you..." The kit's voice trailed off. Lightfeather looked a bit sad and lonely. Now it's my turn to comfort her, she thought. The she-kit padded over to her friend and sat down next to her. "Hey, what's wrong?" she meowed. "Are you okay?"

@Flowstream

Character Site ✩ Bump after 3 days. ✩
Old April 7th, 2020, 11:09 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

russetkit didn't always mind the clearing, when there weren't a lot of cats around. thankfully, this was a prime time of day for him to sit and hide somewhere, keeping to himself, ignoring everyone around him... all great ways to make sure that he didn't have to answer any stupid questions. or unwanted ones, though both occurred far more frequently than russetkit would've liked. with a sigh, the tom put his head on his paws, glancing around the clearing as if it were his own personal hell.

it wasn't--not right now, anyway, but that was generally his default expression. he looked at everything that way. no need to take things personally, though knowing russetkit, he probably meant for others to take it personally.
@Estelle

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old April 7th, 2020, 12:53 PM
❤❤❤

My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddletail View Post
Berrykit bounded over to the bush so she could try again. When she turned around, she noticed Lightfeather staring at her paws, lost in her thoughts. Why isn't she pretending to be a mouse? Berrykit started heading in the she-cat's direction. "Hey! Why aren't you..." The kit's voice trailed off. Lightfeather looked a bit sad and lonely. Now it's my turn to comfort her, she thought. The she-kit padded over to her friend and sat down next to her. "Hey, what's wrong?" she meowed. "Are you okay?"

@Flowstream
Lightfeather snapped back to reality, realizing that Berrykit was saying something to her. "Oh! I'm fine... thank you so much..." this kit was special to her, Berrykit was more than just a kit. She reminded her of a certain cat, but she didn't know who. Lightfeather looked up at the sky, and that's when she realized it was sunhigh, and she didn't do anything - Not hunting, not fighting - at all. "Oh! I gotta go... I'm sorry Berrykit..." Lightfeather gave Berrykit an affectionate lick on ear, then realized what the kit's mother would probably say about that. "There's always other kits to play with, I bet they're all awake and playing in the nursery by now," Lightfeather told Berrykit. And with that she turned around, padded to the camp entrance and disappeared through it.
Old April 7th, 2020, 03:30 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

making her way into the clearing had never been a particularly daunting experience for spottedkit; on the contrary, she'd always figured that if she was afraid of something so silly as this, she probably wasn't fit to be much of an apprentice or a warrior. so instead, she'd make her way out here as often as she could, her small tail held high (as well as her head) and survey her surroundings. these were her clanmates, after all; soon she would be serving side by side with them, though it seemed as if it was taking forever. spottedkit wasn't a rule-breaker; she hadn't ventured out into the territory, simply for the reason that she knew it wasn't safe for her yet, and she wasn't about to risk delaying her apprentice ceremony. she was too excited for that.

besides, there was no harm in staying safe (at least for a short while), was there? it was saving the warriors time as far as she was concerned. if they had to chase after her, that was going to be more work for them on top of everything else. spottedkit didn't want to be a bother; she wanted to help.
@Slushie

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old April 7th, 2020, 03:41 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

[ @lone ]

As per usual ever since the coyote battle, Goosepaw sat next to the camp's entrance. Since he technically wasn't allowed to leave without permission - ESPECIALLY with his injuries - he figured he could guard the camp from the inside. It may have been less productive, but at least it was something.
He tilted his head back to yawn, but movement next to the nursery caught his eye and he turned to blink at the kit entering the clearing. It amused him, the way she held herself, almost as if she was on top of the world. With a grunt, he pushed himself to his paws and made his way over.
Still favoring his left leg, he paused a short distance away and sat down again, cocking his head at her with a gentle, passive expression. "Can't say I've seen you around the clearing before," he greeted her. "If this is your first time outside the nursery, I'd say you carry yourself very confidently."
Old April 7th, 2020, 04:00 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Gingerkit lay in the clearing, enjoying the few rays of sun that shone these past few days. It was comfortable and soothing to his irritated feelings, as this day hadn't been going to well. The young tom started to sway his tail lightly as he felt a pair of eyes glancing over him and away only to come back- how irritating! He lifted his head only to see it was Russetkit glancing over the clearing like that. Yeah he had seen that kit before- maybe- he always kind of looked like that. Oh well. Gingerkit simply lay down again, trying to get back to his resting. Unfortunately, like very often when his rest was interrupted, he couldn't find it again, leaving him not bored, but something else, something he couldn't quite find the word for.

Letting escape an irritated huff, he dragged his paws over to Russetkit only to ploof down next to him. Why? He didn't know. Normally other kits would be the ones coming over to him wether he liked it or not. But today was a weird day, a very weird one in fact.
Gingerkit didn't greet the other tom or anything, he simply gave a flick of his tail as he was placed besides him.
@lone

Last edited by Estelle; April 7th, 2020 at 04:01 PM.
Old April 7th, 2020, 04:05 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushie View Post

[ @lone ]

As per usual ever since the coyote battle, Goosepaw sat next to the camp's entrance. Since he technically wasn't allowed to leave without permission - ESPECIALLY with his injuries - he figured he could guard the camp from the inside. It may have been less productive, but at least it was something.
He tilted his head back to yawn, but movement next to the nursery caught his eye and he turned to blink at the kit entering the clearing. It amused him, the way she held herself, almost as if she was on top of the world. With a grunt, he pushed himself to his paws and made his way over.
Still favoring his left leg, he paused a short distance away and sat down again, cocking his head at her with a gentle, passive expression. "Can't say I've seen you around the clearing before," he greeted her. "If this is your first time outside the nursery, I'd say you carry yourself very confidently."
spottedkit smiled a little at the tom's comment, curling her own tail around her paws as she settled down, her head tilted to the side a bit. "maybe you haven't been paying attention," she mewed, with a shrug. that seemed to be a likely explanation; after all, spottedkit hardly noticed every cat that entered the clearing. she was too busy thinking about the interesting ones for that, though she wasn't entirely sure whether to be offended or not that he wouldn't have noticed her. she was interesting!

"you can come closer than that, you know. i don't bite--well, not unless you really bother me." her expression became almost wolfish, before falling back into a friendlier one to show that she was kidding. she wouldn't have bitten him. probably.

"to be fair, i haven't noticed you either. i'm spottedkit," she introduced herself, her grin growing a little. this apprentice seemed nice. besides, it would be good to know a few apprentices so she'd have someone to hang out with once she became one. otherwise, she definitely wouldn't have much fun.

russetkit sort of knew gingerkit--they were in the nursery together, and that was about the extent of what he knew. the only noise to leave the tom's maw was a grunt of acknowledgement as gingerkit approached, followed by a quiet huff of his own as the tom settled down next to him. a few moments of silence passed, and as russetkit's irritation at the awkward quiet grew, he eventually found it in him to say something-- though perhaps not in as friendly a tone as he should have.

"slow day?" he asked in his quiet, only semi-pleasant mew. he didn't appreciate his own quiet being interrupted, but at least gingerkit wasn't one of those super-loud cats. russetkit had a healthy level of respect for kits like that, though he was far from an expert at showing that. he glanced over at gingerkit, awaiting a response and half-hoping that he wasn't being too awkward here. he never knew if he was or not. @Estelle

Last edited by lone; April 7th, 2020 at 04:09 PM.
Old April 7th, 2020, 04:12 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

[ @lone ]

Goosepaw blinked, surprised, and then let out a sharp bark of laughter. "That's true! I don't pay much attention around camp unless I'm doing something."
He picked himself off the ground and moved closer to her, smiling a bit at her attempt at a fierce expression. "I don't bite, either," he assured. "Unless you're a coyote. Or ShadowClan. Then I might try to go for your tail." Once again he settled down, though this time he was right next to her, and tucked his hind paws underneath his stomach while allowing his forepaws to lounge freely.
"Doesn't surprise me that you haven't seen me," he answered, licking one paw and drawing it across his ripped ear. "Most cats don't, and I prefer to keep it that way." He shrugged, then smiled at her again. "Nice to meet you, Spottedkit. I'm Goosepaw. I take it you're wanting to become a warrior?"
Old April 7th, 2020, 04:24 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Gingerkit just lay there, not bothered by the silence at all, in fact, he quite enjoyed it. if only all kits could be as quiet as Russetkit for once, but that was merely a dream that woud never come true- most of those mouse brains wouldn't even know how to keep their maw shut for more than a minute.

At first he greeted Russet's question with a grunt- unhappy that he was pulled out of his thoughts- but he might as well try to interact a little for once. Swaying his tail again he shrugged with a murmur "yeah..how about you?" the ginger tom glanced over to the other kit with his dark green gaze, only halfly interested in the answer would be. It was probably going slow for as well.
He patiently waited for an answer, then followed up "mouse brains came to bother ya?" he questioned, averting his gaze towards the clearing again.
@lone