Last post by Goopysharkboi
Today 02:30 PM

Old August 18th, 2023, 09:29 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 1 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

Her head felt like it was pounding and her legs felt like they were just weak, nimble sticks bound to give up on her at any given second. Thoughts from the meeting had been vividly expressed through her mind like a rapid forest fire, each thought processing to the next one after the next. The vast vivid memories from how bloodied her clan-mates looked from coming back from the past battle with ShadowClan was throbbing throughout her troubling mind. The whole thought of ThunderClan suffering from yet another catastrophic event like this was more than enough to make Springpaw merely on edge. She wasn’t sure if the clan could handle something as critical as another battle at the given moment; especially with its current state. There were some cats that still needed healing and potentially some that weren’t ready to go out into another battle as quick as this one yet. Springpaw could feel the words of concern bubble up her throat, but she was quick to be heated when Cherrypaw rushed into the den; the tortoiseshell looking out of breath and absolutely terrified from the recent turn of events. Just from simply reading Cherrypaw’s expression alone, Springpaw was quick to tell that what the tortoiseshell molly needed to tell was nothing but bad news. Oh great, she was probably going to expel her worries about Bumblestar’s choice for trying to take a chunk of RiverClan’s territory, was she? It wasn’t hard to figure that one sempliment out, really. There were many cats in the clan who Springpaw noticed looked essentially worried about their leader’s decision, and if Springpaw was quite honest, she could understand why. They were afraid of potentially losing more cats than ever from this sudden concurrent situation at state.

Stifling a sigh, the calico jerked her head to face the direction of the tortoiseshell so that she could listen to what she had to say; both of her oriental-shaped ears perked forwards to head the younger molly more clearly than how she would if her ears weren’t pointed in her direction. The urgency in Cherrypaw’s voice was more than enough to make Springpaw’s throat clench in its place as she felt her white-furred paws incessantly dig themselves into the soft soil below. As much as Springpaw should feel glad that she’s not the only one who feels worried for the fact that there’s another battle uprising and they were already recovering from the fact that they had fought against ShadowClan themselves and there’s already a war uprising about that. Glancing briefly in the direction of her mentor, Springpaw watched as Drizzlecloud’s face contorted to comfort as she watched as Cherrypaw began to freak out and be unable to properly grasp the reality of what was going on. Springpaw was quick to feel her own throat tighten against the sight as she watched her mentor gradually comfort the younger molly with ease. How can she do such a thing without risking anything at all? It was something that Springpaw always questioned, and maybe she’ll be answered by them eventually. However, focusing back towards the frantic news that Cherrypaw had expelled from her maw, the calico only nodded in reply as she began to trek her way towards the herb storage, using a foreclaw to work on pulling out some poppyseeds, cobwebs, and two marigold heads so that they could be used at the battle.

“Drizzlecloud is right, you know,” Springpaw spoke from the deeper depths of the den, working on putting herbs into a average sized leaf to make it into a pouch so that she could properly carry it by her jaws so that she could take it with her to wherever Bumblestar was going to lead her battle patrol in RiverClan territory to. “As much as I don’t really agree with the rather sudden idea of taking a good chunk of another clan’s territory; RiverClan should’ve seen it coming. They were the ones that started to push the borders back and caused us to deal with a whole turmoil of stress from them leaving scattered remains of prey and their stinking fish scent across the border. It wasn’t a right decision to do and it was definitely a cowardly act. As much as I don’t agree with the sudden terms of war, it’s Bumblestar’s decision and we go along with what she says. Mainly for the sake of the clan.” her words of support weren’t exactly something that she would consider something good to say, but it wasn’t like Springpaw had any other opinions. RiverClan used to be a clan that the molly had some respect and retribution for… now that’s changed drastically. Sure, there’s Stonepaw, but that’s different. This is currently drastically happening, and those drastic calls are more desperate moments.

@Omari @CreeperLover649 [ #air ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old August 18th, 2023, 09:47 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omari View Post
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud had been off gathering marigold and cobwebs while any conversation had been happening, so she hadn’t heard much from where she was.. Nor was she going to pry about any of it, even if she did. It wasn’t her conversation, so why would she go poking her nose in their business, right?

When Springpaw had finished cleaning up the poor queen before them, Drizzlecloud hummed thankfully. She would have expressed her gratitude verbally, but it proved to be difficult with a mouth full of marigold petals.

“S’gonna sting,” She mumbled, one of the most informal statements that she had probably ever uttered in her entire life, but it was hard to string together a complete and cohesive sentence when your mouth was full. Even so, she wanted to at least try to give Sorreldust a warning.

The blue-grey molly was silent as she applied the poultice to Sorreldust’s wounds, first to her head. A soft whimper escaped her at the sight of her ear–now that she was up close to see the damage, she.. Wasn’t sure about saving that ear of hers. Her eyes darted to Springpaw as she spoke, not wanting to say anything that would put Sorreldust into further distress, but the way that her brow furrowed was enough to say what she was thinking–there’s no way we’ll be able to save this.

Deciding not to linger, she applied the rest of the poultice to the bites on Sorreldust’s shoulder. The advice that Springpaw gave was.. Well-spoken. It made her chest feel warm, like–ah, pride. That feeling was pride. She sat up once she had finished applying the paste to Sorreldust’s wounds, sending a small smile Springpaw’s way. Drizzlecloud would praise her for her words later, but not at this very moment.

You’ve been doing very well, Sorreldust. We’re almost finished up, we just need to use some cobwebs to bandage you up, make sure that the bleeding can stop and the marigold will stay in its place so it can do its job.” She informed carefully, not speaking too fast, pronouncing her words as perfectly as she possibly could so that Sorreldust would be up to speed with what was going on with her wounds.

[ @ares , @Abyssopelagic ]

Drizzlecloud had stormed into the medicine den not too long before Cherrypaw came rushing in–and initially, she assumed that it was her own apprentice entering, so she was surprised to see that it was someone else entirely.

A deep frown carved itself into her features at the apprentice’s clear state of distress. “Cherrypaw, darling.” She breathed out, letting her built up frustrations drift away, if only for a moment. “Take a breath. Try to calm down, okay?” She advised softly, although her attention was still fixated on the bundle of herbs that she was desperately trying to put together as quickly as possible.. Two marigold flowers, some cobwebs.. She managed to squeeze in a poppy seed that hopefully wouldn’t fall out, too.

She trudged her way back to the entrance of the den, but she paused, leaning over to touch her nose to Cherrypaw’s head. “Bumblestar believes that she is doing the right thing.” Hopefully. “This is.. Her way of leading. I don’t think she is trying to outright turn her back on Starclan, she… She’s trying to make sure that we can sustain ourselves when times get tough.”

Did Drizzlecloud personally agree with the decision that Bumblestar made? Goodness, no. However, she could not simply say that outright. If she had an issue, she would take it up with Bumblestar privately. There was no point in causing tensions within the clan due to some disagreements among high ranks.

“Listen to me, Cherrypaw. I want you to stay here. I want you to rest. This is far too much for your heart to handle, I can tell you that much.” Drizzlecloud was stern with this apprentice–but it came from a place of wanting to take care of her. She gently nosed at the apprentice’s cheek, inhaling deeply before she exhaled slowly. “Replicate my breathing pattern–steady, okay?”

Drizzlecloud could not stay here, not while her clanmates were diving head first into Riverclan territory. She had to be with them. Even if she didn’t agree with it.

[ @CreeperLover649 ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares View Post
• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 1 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

Her head felt like it was pounding and her legs felt like they were just weak, nimble sticks bound to give up on her at any given second. Thoughts from the meeting had been vividly expressed through her mind like a rapid forest fire, each thought processing to the next one after the next. The vast vivid memories from how bloodied her clan-mates looked from coming back from the past battle with ShadowClan was throbbing throughout her troubling mind. The whole thought of ThunderClan suffering from yet another catastrophic event like this was more than enough to make Springpaw merely on edge. She wasn’t sure if the clan could handle something as critical as another battle at the given moment; especially with its current state. There were some cats that still needed healing and potentially some that weren’t ready to go out into another battle as quick as this one yet. Springpaw could feel the words of concern bubble up her throat, but she was quick to be heated when Cherrypaw rushed into the den; the tortoiseshell looking out of breath and absolutely terrified from the recent turn of events. Just from simply reading Cherrypaw’s expression alone, Springpaw was quick to tell that what the tortoiseshell molly needed to tell was nothing but bad news. Oh great, she was probably going to expel her worries about Bumblestar’s choice for trying to take a chunk of RiverClan’s territory, was she? It wasn’t hard to figure that one sempliment out, really. There were many cats in the clan who Springpaw noticed looked essentially worried about their leader’s decision, and if Springpaw was quite honest, she could understand why. They were afraid of potentially losing more cats than ever from this sudden concurrent situation at state.

Stifling a sigh, the calico jerked her head to face the direction of the tortoiseshell so that she could listen to what she had to say; both of her oriental-shaped ears perked forwards to head the younger molly more clearly than how she would if her ears weren’t pointed in her direction. The urgency in Cherrypaw’s voice was more than enough to make Springpaw’s throat clench in its place as she felt her white-furred paws incessantly dig themselves into the soft soil below. As much as Springpaw should feel glad that she’s not the only one who feels worried for the fact that there’s another battle uprising and they were already recovering from the fact that they had fought against ShadowClan themselves and there’s already a war uprising about that. Glancing briefly in the direction of her mentor, Springpaw watched as Drizzlecloud’s face contorted to comfort as she watched as Cherrypaw began to freak out and be unable to properly grasp the reality of what was going on. Springpaw was quick to feel her own throat tighten against the sight as she watched her mentor gradually comfort the younger molly with ease. How can she do such a thing without risking anything at all? It was something that Springpaw always questioned, and maybe she’ll be answered by them eventually. However, focusing back towards the frantic news that Cherrypaw had expelled from her maw, the calico only nodded in reply as she began to trek her way towards the herb storage, using a foreclaw to work on pulling out some poppyseeds, cobwebs, and two marigold heads so that they could be used at the battle.

“Drizzlecloud is right, you know,” Springpaw spoke from the deeper depths of the den, working on putting herbs into a average sized leaf to make it into a pouch so that she could properly carry it by her jaws so that she could take it with her to wherever Bumblestar was going to lead her battle patrol in RiverClan territory to. “As much as I don’t really agree with the rather sudden idea of taking a good chunk of another clan’s territory; RiverClan should’ve seen it coming. They were the ones that started to push the borders back and caused us to deal with a whole turmoil of stress from them leaving scattered remains of prey and their stinking fish scent across the border. It wasn’t a right decision to do and it was definitely a cowardly act. As much as I don’t agree with the sudden terms of war, it’s Bumblestar’s decision and we go along with what she says. Mainly for the sake of the clan.” her words of support weren’t exactly something that she would consider something good to say, but it wasn’t like Springpaw had any other opinions. RiverClan used to be a clan that the molly had some respect and retribution for… now that’s changed drastically. Sure, there’s Stonepaw, but that’s different. This is currently drastically happening, and those drastic calls are more desperate moments.

@Omari @CreeperLover649 [ #air ]

~~ Cherrypaw - She/Her - ThunderClan Apprentice ~~
-- A calico/tortoiseshell she-cat with a white muzzle and green eyes --
Purrks: Mind Reader

The tortoiseshell she-cat breathed heavily on the ground, her heart pounding so fast and so hard she almost thought that something was going to be wrong with her. She felt Drizzlecloud put her nose on her forehead, speaking gently, telling her to take a breath and calm down. Cherrypaw tried to take deep breaths, and it kind of worked...

She finally looked up at the medicine cat, her green eyes wet with tears. She was scared out of her mind that she eas going to lose Clanmates. Her family had disappeared, leaving her alone in this world. ThunderClan was her only family now. She had no friends or real family besides her Clanmates to rely on. So war was just not on her list.

Drizzlecloud then told Cherrypaw that she wanted the apprentice to stay in the med den and rest, adding that this was too much for her heart to handle. The tortoiseshell had also heard the med cat talking about Bumblestar's choice slightly. The med cat then told Cherrypaw to copy her breathing pattern: inhale deeply and exhale deeply while she nosed the apprentice's cheek. She slowly copied the pattern, and her heart finally slowed down slightly.

"You... Want me... To stay... In the med den... While the battle goes?" She breathed through her deep breaths. "Did I... Hear you... Correctly...?" Cherrypaw glanced at Springpaw, who's words did not help her at all. But she did sort of understand what the med cat app was coming from.

From what she understood, ThunderClan has a bad history, and the other Clans think they can just walk on over them. And that wasn't what any ThunderClanner wanted. But it's war anyway... She hated war. If she ever became leader(which would probably never happen, her brain hissed), she would try her absolute best to avoid war.

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿
Old August 22nd, 2023, 04:01 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

“There you go–good job, Cherrypaw.” Drizzlecloud praised the young feline softly, smiling as she noticed her breathing pattern begin to even out. She slowly lifted her head, no longer so close to Cherrypaw as she had been moments ago, and instead she turned her head to look at Springpaw as she spoke.

Springpaw had a point, and Drizzlecloud agreed with her. Truth be told, there was nothing that Springpaw nor Drizzlecloud could do about this situation–not really, at least. They could express their discomfort and disagreement with the decision as much as they wanted to, but at the end of the day, it was up to Bumblestar–and Alderstep, too–whether or not these plans went into action… And in this case, this battle with Riverclan was going to happen whether they liked it or not.

“Indeed.” She breathed out after a moment of hesitance. “Unless the entirety of our clan were to disagree, there is nothing that can be done.”

Forcing a smile onto her face, she flicked Cherrypaw’s shoulder with her tail. “..Still, thank you for coming to us, nonetheless. I want you to keep doing what you’re doing, okay? If you ever have anything bothering you, I want you to come and talk to us. We’re here for all of your pains, physical and mental.”

The medicine cat plucked her herbs up off of the ground, taking a single step towards the mouth of the den before she paused again. “Yes. I want you to stay here. You may rest in the apprentice’s den, or you may rest here until we return.. Whichever you find to be more comforting. If I return and you’re still uneasy, I will give you a poppy seed! It will help you relax and sleep tonight.” Again, Drizzlecloud smiled. A reassuring, gentle smile–despite all of her own concerns. “...We should be going now.”

[ @ares & @CreeperLover649 ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old August 23rd, 2023, 01:24 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Singekit
[Open /w\ ]

He was bored. Not only was he bored. He was super bored. He couldn't find his mom, and his siblings were annoying. So. Being the big warrior that he was, he went out in search of entertainment. Poking his tiny little head into dens he'd never seen before. Nothing like his first day outside of the nursery to really get the excitement rolling.

Russet head poking into a rather smelly den. One that made his nose scrunch, and made the kit sneeze and gag a little. Quite the strong scent for the first time smelling...well...anything other than the nursery! He decided not only was that bad, but he also decided he would help. After all it would stink the whole clan up!

He was a hero, truly. Ears swiveling as he tottled into the den, trying to figure out what was making everything smelly. Maybe this place was just destined to be smelly. He'd have to burn it down if it were smelly. Yes. But not today. Simply because he didn't know what fire was, and he had no clue what burn it down meant either. After all he just gained sentience, and he planned on making it everyone else's problem.

After a moment of detective sluething, the kit found out that oh! It was the weird looking bedding that made everything stink! Old bedding had to get thrown out, it's what mama had told him and his siblings when she was cleaning out their nest. So. Being the super helper that he was, he clambered up (as much as he could) to where some leaves were and began to smack them. Hoping to make them fall.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old August 24th, 2023, 05:09 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud, like many other days, had just been sitting in the medicine den, minding her own business… Y’know, tending to those important medicine cat duties of hers and definitely not nearly drifting off to sleep while sitting upright. She was oh so tired that she hadn’t even noticed the little squirt sauntering on in.

Even with her poor hearing, her left ear twitched at the sound of… Something that she didn’t usually hear. It was like someone was messing with her herbs–and Springpaw wasn’t in here, so that certainly alarmed her! She blinked open her eyes, a yawn catching her breath as her head swiveled to squint at her herb storage. Ah, there was the little ruckus maker.

“Hey, you,” Drizzlecloud trilled, voice laced with amusement but still a bit lower than usual, seeing as she was quite sleepy. Silly, those herbs are not to be smacked around like moss balls, you know.”

The grey-blue spotted tabby stood from where she had been sitting to investigate and see which furball it was–Singekit. She leaned close to the kit, nosing carefully at his paws, a gentle way of trying to make him stop with his attack on her poor, poor herb storage.

[ @Starfall ]

Drizzlecloud stumbled into the medicine den, fur sopping wet and heavy, her breaths coming out in huge, panicked heaves. She wasn’t strong enough to carry Dreampaw back to camp, but she was strong enough to support him on the way home, promising him warmth and tender care as soon as they got back to her den.

“Here we are, lay down for me, mhm? We’re gonna get you warmed up, and I’m gonna check on your paws…” She trailed off, sucking in a sharp breath and steeling herself to support the apprentice over to an empty moss bed. Once Dreampaw was laid down, she curled her fluffy tail over his shoulders.

“Chills, chills.. What do I do about–lavender! Do we have lavender?” She found herself babbling to herself, the shock of the entire ordeal at Cattail pond was beginning to catch up with her now–focus, Drizzlecloud! She shook her head in an attempt to clear her head. “I’ll be right back, okay? Promise,” And with that, she darted off to go sift through the herb storage to find a sprig of lavender–or maybe two.

[ @RedLeif ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old August 24th, 2023, 10:04 PM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

Springpaw was quick to feel herself silently eating away at her words as she watched the young tortoiseshell in front of her struggle to maintain her focus; her chest heaving as her body looked as if it were tensed up and prepared to fight someone off. A short, stinging snag of guilt attacked at the dilute calico’s inner consciousness, eating away at it like some pesky parasite would on a dead carcass. The calico could easily feel regret trampling over her body like some horse stepped onto her back while galloping through a field. God, why did she say such things like that? They weren’t going to help Cherrypaw. Not one bit. How could she even properly explain the situation to the young molly without having to watch her convulse and stammer from the fear that laced her entire posture? It made almost zero sense to the calico. None. Nada. Her tongue swept across her dry lips as lapis hues danced over towards the direction of Drizzlecloud, a small amount of relief washing over the calico when the older molly was quick to calm Cherrypaw down with her breathing techniques. Springpaw’s brows furrowed inquisitively as she watched the blue-gray molly work with the young apprentice, almost in mere awe. It wasn’t like anything that Springpaw had really seen before, really. She hasn’t really watched Drizzlecloud do anything close to a breathing technique… like ever. Was it something that she learned a long time ago? Was it something that she knew how to do with a pang of effortless precision? Most likely, but it wasn’t like Springpaw will ever… or maybe, she might, eventually. That wasn’t exactly the main course of topic now, was it though?

Oriental-shaped ears perked when she listened to her mentor agreeing with her words, a quiet hum escaping Springpaw’s throat of words that were itching to climb out. It was a mere apology. An apology that wouldn’t do anything except just make the situation worse. Why did apologizing exist anyways? All they did was just make situations much worse than they already were. Well, of course, there are the times where they actually work, but that’s not all the time. The calico almost cringed at the way that she used to apologize for every nimble thing that she did at a young age, her ears instinctively pressing back as the thoughts lunged through her mind. Stars, she had just only been going then. Young and filled with naivety that she barely wore anymore. She grew older and matured; her mindset twisted and changed in different directions. Her mind buzzed and buzzed like bees working themselves to the bitter core. Her old habits of cowering and hiding away in the dark had already become less and less prominent; the calico was already rebirthing herself like a mighty phoenix erupting from the pits of gray, dull ash from a scorching fire made from kerosene. The old dilemmas that had purged and picked at the depths of her mind had already begun to slowly melt and carry itself away like a feather in the breeze. Was this going to be the new her? Was this how she was going to change? Was this going to be the start of her finally looking into the future and seeing what potential she could become? She could hear a tiny whisper, almost a hiss, faintly whisper in her ears; it’s voice filled with urge as it quietly urged her to continue feeling vigorous. To allow this new feeling to soothe through her bones and swarm its way into her little heart; flooding it with pure passion.

The corners of her lips tugged into a small, soft smile. It wasn’t for anything in particular, just from the prominent thoughts that kept tugging at her mind. This was the new her. This was how it was gonna be. This was how she was gonna grow. This was gonna be how she formed. Drizzlecloud’s voice was quick to break through her thoughts, the calico focusing in her mentor’s direction as she watched the ticked tabby make her way towards the herb storage. Springpaw’s brows furrowed, and her lips were quick to curl back down. Right, there was still a battle that they needed to—at least, there could potentially be a battle, but she wasn’t fully certain of it yet. Lapis hues briefly locked with jade-green, the young calico silently reading the rather mixed emotions of fear and determination lacing in her mentor’s green eyes. Springpaw could feel just as equally the same; her snow-white paws jittering as she forcefully pulled them from their glued spot, following after her mentor towards the herb storage as she gave a curt, nimble nod. She was definitely ready for this. She was ready to help stand by her clan and do whatever it takes to keep her clan healthy.

“Then let’s gather some herbs, Drizzlecloud. We got a clan waiting for us down at Cattail Pond.”

@Omari @CreeperLover649 [this is… indefinitely late and i deeply apologize for it. no reason to respond at all to it, whatsoever! just wanted to get this out! ]

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.

Last edited by iliri; August 25th, 2023 at 03:18 AM.
Old August 24th, 2023, 10:13 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours

Quote:
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

“There you go–good job, Cherrypaw.” Drizzlecloud praised the young feline softly, smiling as she noticed her breathing pattern begin to even out. She slowly lifted her head, no longer so close to Cherrypaw as she had been moments ago, and instead she turned her head to look at Springpaw as she spoke.

Springpaw had a point, and Drizzlecloud agreed with her. Truth be told, there was nothing that Springpaw nor Drizzlecloud could do about this situation–not really, at least. They could express their discomfort and disagreement with the decision as much as they wanted to, but at the end of the day, it was up to Bumblestar–and Alderstep, too–whether or not these plans went into action… And in this case, this battle with Riverclan was going to happen whether they liked it or not.

“Indeed.” She breathed out after a moment of hesitance. “Unless the entirety of our clan were to disagree, there is nothing that can be done.”

Forcing a smile onto her face, she flicked Cherrypaw’s shoulder with her tail. “..Still, thank you for coming to us, nonetheless. I want you to keep doing what you’re doing, okay? If you ever have anything bothering you, I want you to come and talk to us. We’re here for all of your pains, physical and mental.”

The medicine cat plucked her herbs up off of the ground, taking a single step towards the mouth of the den before she paused again. “Yes. I want you to stay here. You may rest in the apprentice’s den, or you may rest here until we return.. Whichever you find to be more comforting. If I return and you’re still uneasy, I will give you a poppy seed! It will help you relax and sleep tonight.” Again, Drizzlecloud smiled. A reassuring, gentle smile–despite all of her own concerns. “...We should be going now.”

[ @ares & @CreeperLover649 ]
Quote:
• Springpaw •

Springpaw was quick to feel herself silently eating away at her words as she watched the young tortoiseshell in front of her struggle to maintain her focus; her chest heaving as her body looked as if it were tensed up and prepared to fight someone off. A short, stinging snag of guilt attacked at the dilute calico’s inner consciousness, eating away at it like some pesky parasite would on a dead carcass. The calico could easily feel regret trampling over her body like some horse stepped onto her back while galloping through a field. God, why did she say such things like that? They weren’t going to help Cherrypaw. Not one bit. How could she even properly explain the situation to the young molly without having to watch her convulse and stammer from the fear that laced her entire posture? It made almost zero sense to the calico. None. Nada. Her tongue swept across her dry lips as lapis hues danced over towards the direction of Drizzlecloud, a small amount of relief washing over the calico when the older molly was quick to calm Cherrypaw down with her breathing techniques. Springpaw’s brows furrowed inquisitively as she watched the blue-gray molly work with the young apprentice, almost in mere awe. It wasn’t like anything that Springpaw had really seen before, really. She hasn’t really watched Drizzlecloud do anything close to a breathing technique… like ever. Was it something that she learned a long time ago? Was it something that she knew how to do with a pang of effortless precision? Most likely, but it wasn’t like Springpaw will ever… or maybe, she might, eventually. That wasn’t exactly the main course of topic now, was it though?

Oriental-shaped ears perked when she listened to her mentor agreeing with her words, a quiet hum escaping Springpaw’s throat of words that were itching to climb out. It was a mere apology. An apology that wouldn’t do anything except just make the situation worse. Why did apologizing exist anyways? All they did was just make situations much worse than they already were. Well, of course, there are the times where they actually work, but that’s not all the time. The calico almost cringed at the way that she used to apologize for every nimble thing that she did at a young age, her ears instinctively pressing back as the thoughts lunged through her mind. Stars, she had just only been going then. Young and filled with naivety that she barely wore anymore. She grew older and matured; her mindset twisted and changed in different directions. Her mind buzzed and buzzed like bees working themselves to the bitter core. Her old habits of cowering and hiding away in the dark had already become less and less prominent; the calico was already rebirthing herself like a mighty phoenix erupting from the pits of gray, dull ash from a scorching fire made from kerosene. The old dilemmas that had purged and picked at the depths of her mind had already begun to slowly melt and carry itself away like a feather in the breeze. Was this going to be the new her? Was this how she was going to change? Was this going to be the start of her finally looking into the future and seeing what potential she could become? She could hear a tiny whisper, almost a hiss, faintly whisper in her ears; it’s voice filled with urge as it quietly urged her to continue feeling vigorous. To allow this new feeling to soothe through her bones and swarm its way into her little heart; flooding it with pure passion.

The corners of her lips tugged into a small, soft smile. It wasn’t for anything in particular, just from the prominent thoughts that kept tugging at her mind. This was the new her. This was how it was gonna be. This was how she was gonna grow. This was gonna be how she formed. Drizzlecloud’s voice was quick to break through her thoughts, the calico focusing in her mentor’s direction as she watched the ticked tabby make her way towards the herb storage. Springpaw’s brows furrowed, and her lips were quick to curl back down. Right, there was still a battle that they needed to—at least, there could potentially be a battle, but she wasn’t fully certain of it yet. Lapis hues briefly locked with jade-green, the young calico silently reading the rather mixed emotions of fear and determination lacing in her mentor’s green eyes. Springpaw could feel just as equally the same; her snow-white paws jittering as she forcefully pulled them from their glued spot, following after her mentor towards the herb storage as she gave a curt, nimble nod. She was definitely ready for this. She was ready to help stand by her clan and do whatever it takes to keep her clan healthy.

“Then let’s gather some herbs, Drizzlecloud. We got a clan waiting for us down at Cattail Pond.”

@Omari @CreeperLover649 [this is… indefinitely late and i deeply apologize for it. no reason to respond at all to it, whatsoever! just wanted to get this out! ]

~~ Cherrypaw - She/Her - ThunderClan Apprentice ~~
-- A calico/tortoiseshell she-cat with a white muzzle and green eyes --
Purrks: Mind Reader

(I feel like this is awfully short and I apologize for that. Just wanted to let you know what Cherrypaw is up to. She gonna sleep until they come back.)

The young molly found a small smile slipping onto her lips. Drizzlecloud was her one and only best friend. Springpaw... Eh, not so much, but not bad. She kept doing the breathing pattern, watching and listening to Springpaw and Drizzlecloud. Yes, there was nothing they could really do about it...

They do what me to stay here. Cherrypaw could stay here or go to the apprentice's den. "Good luck... I guess..." She said, watching the two medicine cats walk away.

Soon, the calico/tortoiseshell was alone in the med den. She curled up in one of the nests and closed her eyes, thinking of the horrors that might await her...

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿
Old August 25th, 2023, 08:15 AM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud, like many other days, had just been sitting in the medicine den, minding her own business… Y’know, tending to those important medicine cat duties of hers and definitely not nearly drifting off to sleep while sitting upright. She was oh so tired that she hadn’t even noticed the little squirt sauntering on in.

Even with her poor hearing, her left ear twitched at the sound of… Something that she didn’t usually hear. It was like someone was messing with her herbs–and Springpaw wasn’t in here, so that certainly alarmed her! She blinked open her eyes, a yawn catching her breath as her head swiveled to squint at her herb storage. Ah, there was the little ruckus maker.

“Hey, you,” Drizzlecloud trilled, voice laced with amusement but still a bit lower than usual, seeing as she was quite sleepy. Silly, those herbs are not to be smacked around like moss balls, you know.”

The grey-blue spotted tabby stood from where she had been sitting to investigate and see which furball it was–Singekit. She leaned close to the kit, nosing carefully at his paws, a gentle way of trying to make him stop with his attack on her poor, poor herb storage.

[ @Starfall ]

Drizzlecloud stumbled into the medicine den, fur sopping wet and heavy, her breaths coming out in huge, panicked heaves. She wasn’t strong enough to carry Dreampaw back to camp, but she was strong enough to support him on the way home, promising him warmth and tender care as soon as they got back to her den.

“Here we are, lay down for me, mhm? We’re gonna get you warmed up, and I’m gonna check on your paws…” She trailed off, sucking in a sharp breath and steeling herself to support the apprentice over to an empty moss bed. Once Dreampaw was laid down, she curled her fluffy tail over his shoulders.

“Chills, chills.. What do I do about–lavender! Do we have lavender?” She found herself babbling to herself, the shock of the entire ordeal at Cattail pond was beginning to catch up with her now–focus, Drizzlecloud! She shook her head in an attempt to clear her head. “I’ll be right back, okay? Promise,” And with that, she darted off to go sift through the herb storage to find a sprig of lavender–or maybe two.

[ @RedLeif ]
Wet, muddy paw-prints trailed behind Dreampaw as he limped beside Drizzlecloud, the water from the pond streaming from his fur and down his paws. A part of him felt guilty for getting the Drizzlecloud wet, he didn't enjoy it and didn't think she would either. Yet still she helped him. A bigger part of him was examining the pain in his left paw, which was pressed up against his chest to avoid touching the ground. It was strange to him, the pain. It wasn't that he hadn't been hurt before, definitely not, he had plenty of nicks and bruises around his body earned from having his head in the clouds all the time, but this pain was stronger, made him want to whimper or cry, though he tried not to.
They made it to the Medicine den and the Medicine Cat helped him into one of the nests and started to murmur things. Dreampaw took the chance to look at his paw properly when she went off to find her herbs. The skin and fur seemed to have been scraped off in places, leaving nasty looking red patches where blood was starting to well, though it all looked clean in the dim light. He tried flexing his toes, but was rewarded with a jolt of pain through his leg, so he tried not to move it any more.

It was so cold. His nest was already wet, though not too much as most of the water had been lost on the journey. He was also exhausted and tired. He hadn't even helped in the battle, just fallen in the pond, which if he had any energy left to think about it, would have made him feel even worse. The light-brown apprentice slumped his head on the side of the nest and waited for Drizzlecloud to reappear.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Last edited by MockingRabbit; August 25th, 2023 at 08:31 AM.
Old August 25th, 2023, 04:32 PM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

Scorching. Ragged. Panicking. Those were the three things that were rummaging through Springpaw’s head, and they were traveling faster and faster through her than a fierce tsunami among the salty blue sea. Dainty snow-white paws thrummeted through the burning hot soil elapsing through the clearing; her expression fused with a dark mixture of panic and adrenaline as the sour, bitter taste of panic grew among the back of her throat. Her muscles screamed in agony from her relentless running, her chest compressing in agreement. Every fiber of her being was screaming at her to hurry. She didn’t have enough time to dilly dally. She couldn’t simply just stand around and wait for something to happen. Yarrowcrest was bleeding out; he was bleeding out and he was losing consciousness fairly quickly. She had to hurry and get him properly cleaned up and redressed if she was going to save his life. Stars, why did Bumblestar call out for that battle? Why did she make the reckless decision to take RiverClan territory when they had only just had a battle with ShadowClan as of recently? Sure, Springpaw could easily see the reasons for why her leader would make this choice… but why? Springpaw’s head whirled around in bitter wonder; in a trance that she didn’t even know how to properly fix. She didn’t even know why RiverClan was Bumblestar’s top priority. Of course, Springpaw never truly knew of the drastic drama that happened many moons ago before she was even born, but that wasn’t something that she could even properly think about at the moment. Right now, she needs to get Yarrowcrest onto a moss-bed and get him properly cleaned up now.

Staggering her way into the cooler depths of the medicine den, the molly was quick to glance over her shoulders to see if the duo of felines—or, rather one of them—was following close behind. She would’ve been embarrassed if she had only just left the both of them behind in the dust. Nonetheless, she was at the medicine den now, and they could resume trying to get Yarrowcrest all healed up. Dropping the small leaf-like pouch, Springpaw whipped her head around to face the direction as she glanced over towards Sparrowfur. “Place him onto one of the moss-beds; quickly!” Springpaw urged, her voice merely a hiss as she ran herself up towards the deeper, darker depths of the den, scrambling herself towards one of the extra bundles of moss piles that are usually kept in the back to be used to properly cleanse out the wounds, and that was what Springpaw was going to use them for.

@silverwynds @Roo_! [thought it would be best to continue it here! ]

Old August 25th, 2023, 04:38 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
• Springpaw •

Scorching. Ragged. Panicking. Those were the three things that were rummaging through Springpaw’s head, and they were traveling faster and faster through her than a fierce tsunami among the salty blue sea. Dainty snow-white paws thrummeted through the burning hot soil elapsing through the clearing; her expression fused with a dark mixture of panic and adrenaline as the sour, bitter taste of panic grew among the back of her throat. Her muscles screamed in agony from her relentless running, her chest compressing in agreement. Every fiber of her being was screaming at her to hurry. She didn’t have enough time to dilly dally. She couldn’t simply just stand around and wait for something to happen. Yarrowcrest was bleeding out; he was bleeding out and he was losing consciousness fairly quickly. She had to hurry and get him properly cleaned up and redressed if she was going to save his life. Stars, why did Bumblestar call out for that battle? Why did she make the reckless decision to take RiverClan territory when they had only just had a battle with ShadowClan as of recently? Sure, Springpaw could easily see the reasons for why her leader would make this choice… but why? Springpaw’s head whirled around in bitter wonder; in a trance that she didn’t even know how to properly fix. She didn’t even know why RiverClan was Bumblestar’s top priority. Of course, Springpaw never truly knew of the drastic drama that happened many moons ago before she was even born, but that wasn’t something that she could even properly think about at the moment. Right now, she needs to get Yarrowcrest onto a moss-bed and get him properly cleaned up now.

Staggering her way into the cooler depths of the medicine den, the molly was quick to glance over her shoulders to see if the duo of felines—or, rather one of them—was following close behind. She would’ve been embarrassed if she had only just left the both of them behind in the dust. Nonetheless, she was at the medicine den now, and they could resume trying to get Yarrowcrest all healed up. Dropping the small leaf-like pouch, Springpaw whipped her head around to face the direction as she glanced over towards Sparrowfur. “Place him onto one of the moss-beds; quickly!” Springpaw urged, her voice merely a hiss as she ran herself up towards the deeper, darker depths of the den, scrambling herself towards one of the extra bundles of moss piles that are usually kept in the back to be used to properly cleanse out the wounds, and that was what Springpaw was going to use them for.

@silverwynds @Roo_! [thought it would be best to continue it here! ]

Sparrowfur - she/her - 17 moons
Beefed Up I - ACTIVE

---

Sparrowfur followed orders without a moments hesitation, gently placing Yarrowcrest on the nearest bed. She gently rubbed her face against his, hoping he took that as a sign that she was there. She was by his side and would stay there. She did her best to ignore the panic in her chest and looked to Springpaw for further instructions. She felt a little odd being told what to do by somecat younger than her, but then again, Sparrowfur didn't know the first thing about herbs or medicine. This was Springpaw's territory. All Sparrowfur could do was try to be helpful and pray desperately to Starclan. Surely, they were watching over them?

@silverwynds // yarrowcrest // @ares // springpaw

[go springpaw!!]

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!