How Well-Known Are You On...
Last post by occultation
Today 10:47 PM

Old January 2nd, 2017, 12:24 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: RiverClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post
Cloudrain watched to see her apprentice, seeing her reaction to the plan for todays lesson. She took the time to observe her apprentice. She was a ginger tabby with amber eyes. That was pretty much all she had gotten from her observation. Although as she thought about it, it appeared that Dulcetpaw wasn't one to really show her emotions. She couldn't wait to find out more about her apprentice though. Who knows, maybe through lots of training sessions they might be able to become good friends. She hoped so, she liked making new friends.

"Great!", Cloudrain said happily. Even though her reply hadn't come out enthusiastically, Cloudrain was sure that there was some excitement somewhere in the young molly's mind. "Do you know any hunting moves yet?", Cloudrain questioned the apprentice. She was guessing that Dulcetpaw might've learned a thing or two by watching other cats, but maybe not. The tabby would just have to see what Dulcetpaw knew and what she didn't. "If so, show me them", Cloudrain said, flashing an encouraging smile at the ginger molly. The silver tabby really hoped her apprentice would like what she was going to be teached. She liked making things as fun as possible. Her times as an apprentice had been pretty great, she had been taught by a great mentor, Birchtail, and she wanted to try make Dulcetpaw's training session's even better!
As her mentor looked her over Dulcetpaw returned her quizzical gaze, she hoped the older molly looked upon her as a good prospect. She was very willing to learn after all. Her ears perked at the opportunity she'd been granted, maybe she could impress her mentor with what little knowledge she'd already gained from watching her siblings work with their mentors. Dulcetpaw wasn't bothered that they had become apprentices before her, quite the opposite really, she was proud of them. Her two siblings were the only beings she held fondness over, not by choice but because they were family and she'd always be quite attached to them for that. They started out with the same experiences, where they went from there was up to each of them individually. Dulcetpaw had her heart set out on being the perfect creature, a strong and just warrior.

Eyes set with determination, she gave a quick nod to her mentor's question. "I've learned a few things watching my siblings train." She said, her voice quiet and monotone. She had willed more enthusiasm into it, but it hadn't come out right. Though she didn't dwindle on that, rather she got into a hunter's crouch. Beepaw had shown it to her, though without a mentor having taught her it needed much improvement. Her rump was much too high and her shoulders too cramped and crouched. Though her tail was erect behind her and ready to balance, and her eyes were sharp with ears perked attentively; so she had half of it correct at least. She'd never tried out any moves, all she knew was simply to crouch and pounce as a kit did at a mossball. Which is what she did next, wiggling her hips before pouncing on a still stone not far in front of her.

After the movement she looked up at her mentor, looking for some sort of sign that she'd done well. Or that she was at least on the correct track. Dulcetpaw didn't need a big spout of encouragement, she'd actually rather have a very straightforward response; the things she did correct and what she needed to improve on. Her endless amber eyes looked up nervously at Cloudrain, searching the molly for approval.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 07:10 PM
An indecisive rat

@Talulah
Fawnpaw bounded up to the Training Cave, excitement gleaming in her eyes like it had always done when she was training with her mentor Hollyrush. She turned around to her, the older she-cats black pelt appearing.

(New!) Character Site

If I don’t respond within 72 hours, please feel free to message me! Just to warn y’all, my immune system is trash so please check my profile to see if I have said anything about being sick ^ ^ So I don't get too overwhelmed (again), I'm only gonna have cats in Riverclan or as outsiders, so please keep that in mind if you want to rp with me for whatever reason (:

Last edited by Silhouettes; January 2nd, 2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 07:20 PM
me when im alive

"Calm down a bit, will ya? I'm too old for this." Hollyrush joked, walking over.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 09:17 PM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
As her mentor looked her over Dulcetpaw returned her quizzical gaze, she hoped the older molly looked upon her as a good prospect. She was very willing to learn after all. Her ears perked at the opportunity she'd been granted, maybe she could impress her mentor with what little knowledge she'd already gained from watching her siblings work with their mentors. Dulcetpaw wasn't bothered that they had become apprentices before her, quite the opposite really, she was proud of them. Her two siblings were the only beings she held fondness over, not by choice but because they were family and she'd always be quite attached to them for that. They started out with the same experiences, where they went from there was up to each of them individually. Dulcetpaw had her heart set out on being the perfect creature, a strong and just warrior.

Eyes set with determination, she gave a quick nod to her mentor's question. "I've learned a few things watching my siblings train." She said, her voice quiet and monotone. She had willed more enthusiasm into it, but it hadn't come out right. Though she didn't dwindle on that, rather she got into a hunter's crouch. Beepaw had shown it to her, though without a mentor having taught her it needed much improvement. Her rump was much too high and her shoulders too cramped and crouched. Though her tail was erect behind her and ready to balance, and her eyes were sharp with ears perked attentively; so she had half of it correct at least. She'd never tried out any moves, all she knew was simply to crouch and pounce as a kit did at a mossball. Which is what she did next, wiggling her hips before pouncing on a still stone not far in front of her.

After the movement she looked up at her mentor, looking for some sort of sign that she'd done well. Or that she was at least on the correct track. Dulcetpaw didn't need a big spout of encouragement, she'd actually rather have a very straightforward response; the things she did correct and what she needed to improve on. Her endless amber eyes looked up nervously at Cloudrain, searching the molly for approval.
Cloudrain watched her apprentice closely, looking from head to tail as Dulcetpaw got into a hunters crouch. The molly remembered when Hickoryshine had showed her his hunting moves back in the past. At first, it had been rather sloppy but with practice, it got better and better, then he perfected it. She needs to relax her shoulders and put down that rump of hers. Though her tail is straight and correctly positioned for balance, Cloudrain thought, taking note of everything. Her apprentice was halfway to getting a good hunting crouch. Should I tell her the honest truth? Or try getting the truth out in a nice way?, she asked herself. She didn't want Dulcetpaw to be disappointed or anything if she told her the facts honestly, but if she didn't, her apprentice may find it harder to improve. Meeting Dulcetpaw's gaze, a gaze that was nervous and wanting approval, she decided which to do.

"Well, for a new apprentice, you've done quite well with your hunting crouch. You're halfway there to getting a perfect crouch", Cloudrain started. "The things you've corrected include your tail, eyes and ears. Your tail is straight, which means you'll get better balance and your eyes and ears are alert and ready. Well done", Cloudrain said, beaming down in approval at Dulcetpaw. She didn't say anything for a few moments, letting Dulcetpaw take in the moment to let out her nervousness and be proud of herself. Then, she continued. "Although, there are some things you'll need to work on. Such as, that rump of yours. It needs to go down. If your hind part is too far up, it'll be much harder for you to pounce", Cloudrain said, gazing down at her apprentice, hoping she wouldn't take the cons in badly. "Also, your shoulders are too cramped, you need to relax them a little. If your shoulders are too cramped they'll get tired and you'll lose quite a bit of energy just waiting to pounce", The tabby said. "Now, like I said before, you've done great for a new apprentice but there are things you need to work on. Try it again", Cloudrain said, giving her apprentice a small smile, in case she didn't feel very happy with herself.

The tabby she cat decided to give her apprentice an example of what a good hunting crouch would be. With that, she got into her own hunting crouch, shoulders relaxed but still keeping her poised, and her hind part was much further down then Dulcetpaw's was earlier. Eyes and ears alert, she focused on a stone that was quite far away, using her tail to keep her balanced. Then, she suddenly shot forward with quite a lot of force, landing square on the stone. Cloudrain was quite experienced, she had been a warrior for quite a lot of moons and had had lots of practice, she hoped Dulcetpaw would learn enough from her to someday be like her.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Last edited by Empress Of Evil; January 3rd, 2017 at 12:59 AM.
Old January 4th, 2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post
Cloudrain watched her apprentice closely, looking from head to tail as Dulcetpaw got into a hunters crouch. The molly remembered when Hickoryshine had showed her his hunting moves back in the past. At first, it had been rather sloppy but with practice, it got better and better, then he perfected it. She needs to relax her shoulders and put down that rump of hers. Though her tail is straight and correctly positioned for balance, Cloudrain thought, taking note of everything. Her apprentice was halfway to getting a good hunting crouch. Should I tell her the honest truth? Or try getting the truth out in a nice way?, she asked herself. She didn't want Dulcetpaw to be disappointed or anything if she told her the facts honestly, but if she didn't, her apprentice may find it harder to improve. Meeting Dulcetpaw's gaze, a gaze that was nervous and wanting approval, she decided which to do.

"Well, for a new apprentice, you've done quite well with your hunting crouch. You're halfway there to getting a perfect crouch", Cloudrain started. "The things you've corrected include your tail, eyes and ears. Your tail is straight, which means you'll get better balance and your eyes and ears are alert and ready. Well done", Cloudrain said, beaming down in approval at Dulcetpaw. She didn't say anything for a few moments, letting Dulcetpaw take in the moment to let out her nervousness and be proud of herself. Then, she continued. "Although, there are some things you'll need to work on. Such as, that rump of yours. It needs to go down. If your hind part is too far up, it'll be much harder for you to pounce", Cloudrain said, gazing down at her apprentice, hoping she wouldn't take the cons in badly. "Also, your shoulders are too cramped, you need to relax them a little. If your shoulders are too cramped they'll get tired and you'll lose quite a bit of energy just waiting to pounce", The tabby said. "Now, like I said before, you've done great for a new apprentice but there are things you need to work on. Try it again", Cloudrain said, giving her apprentice a small smile, in case she didn't feel very happy with herself.

The tabby she cat decided to give her apprentice an example of what a good hunting crouch would be. With that, she got into her own hunting crouch, shoulders relaxed but still keeping her poised, and her hind part was much further down then Dulcetpaw's was earlier. Eyes and ears alert, she focused on a stone that was quite far away, using her tail to keep her balanced. Then, she suddenly shot forward with quite a lot of force, landing square on the stone. Cloudrain was quite experienced, she had been a warrior for quite a lot of moons and had had lots of practice, she hoped Dulcetpaw would learn enough from her to someday be like her.
The fact that she had some things wrong didn't bother her, the young ginger cat had expected that much. Though she was appreciative in the manner her mentor went about presenting that information to her. She nodded as she noted the details that she had, and the ones that she was missing. Ready to begin again she stood, though her mentor seemed to be putting on a display of the proper stance. So rather than immediately trying to correct herself, she watched patiently, taking note of the molly's positioning. Dulcetpaw noted how much smoother and graceful her pounce looked, as compared to how unstable and uncomfortable hers had felt. Once Cloudrain turned to watch her, she was ready to try again and hopefully master the move.

First she lowered herself, this time lowering her body level, not just her shoulders. The lowered stance made her weak and developing muscles ache a little, it was a strange and new movement and would take some getting used to. Though once she was crouched, she felt as though she were relatively comfortable to move. Much more so that before. Her tail trailed perfectly parallel to the ground behind her, her long fur making it look like a big ruffled flag behind her body. Amber eyes searched around for the perfect spot to make an attack, once decided her ears and eyes were both locked. With a quick flick of her tail and strong push of her legs, the small cat was momentarily air-born, paws hitting the ground on her targeted spot.

The leap itself had felt nice, much more smooth and comfortable than before. Though the whole new crouch method felt foreign, she knew that she'd just have to practice it often on her own time. She got to her paws and ran one over her right ear, smoothing fur. "Was that alright?" She asked the warrior, this time there was more confidence in her gaze as she asked for approval.
Old January 6th, 2017, 10:26 PM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
The fact that she had some things wrong didn't bother her, the young ginger cat had expected that much. Though she was appreciative in the manner her mentor went about presenting that information to her. She nodded as she noted the details that she had, and the ones that she was missing. Ready to begin again she stood, though her mentor seemed to be putting on a display of the proper stance. So rather than immediately trying to correct herself, she watched patiently, taking note of the molly's positioning. Dulcetpaw noted how much smoother and graceful her pounce looked, as compared to how unstable and uncomfortable hers had felt. Once Cloudrain turned to watch her, she was ready to try again and hopefully master the move.

First she lowered herself, this time lowering her body level, not just her shoulders. The lowered stance made her weak and developing muscles ache a little, it was a strange and new movement and would take some getting used to. Though once she was crouched, she felt as though she were relatively comfortable to move. Much more so that before. Her tail trailed perfectly parallel to the ground behind her, her long fur making it look like a big ruffled flag behind her body. Amber eyes searched around for the perfect spot to make an attack, once decided her ears and eyes were both locked. With a quick flick of her tail and strong push of her legs, the small cat was momentarily air-born, paws hitting the ground on her targeted spot.

The leap itself had felt nice, much more smooth and comfortable than before. Though the whole new crouch method felt foreign, she knew that she'd just have to practice it often on her own time. She got to her paws and ran one over her right ear, smoothing fur. "Was that alright?" She asked the warrior, this time there was more confidence in her gaze as she asked for approval.
Cloudrain watched carefully, taking note of every thing she did. She waited for Dulcetpaw to return to the place where she previously stood. "Well done!", Cloudrain said excitedly, a pleased expression on her face. "That was great! You managed to fix up all the not-so-perfect positions. You'll still need to practice if you want it perfect though. In our next training session you can show me crouch again and we'll see if you've improved", Cloudrain remarked, though she was happy about how Dulcetpaw could catch on quickly. Right, let's try something a bit harder", Cloudrain said, pausing, racking her brain for something that would be a little more challenging. "We're going to try spot some prey. Well actually, to be more specific you'll have to try find me", Cloudrain said, not sure if her apprentice would be disappointed that they weren't yet going to look for real prey. That was another level, for now, she would start off by giving Dulcetpaw something a tad bit easier. "You're going to close your eyes, count to 20 and i'm going to find somewhere to hide. Once you finish counting you have to find me, using your sense of smell, eyes and ears. You can open your eyes once you're done counting", Cloudrain instructed. With that, she started to go somewhere to hide.

Cloudrain looked around, searching for a challenging place. She made sure that Dulcetpaw would be able to hear her if she made a noise but not smell or see her. She would take on those three sense's one at a time. First, it would be hearing, then it would be smelling, then lastly it would be through sight. Cloudrain spotted a pile of dried leaves lying on the floor. The dried leaves were shaded by some rather large ferns and she decided she would go hide there. She rushed off, reaching the pile of leaves quickly. The tabby felt and heard the leaves crunching beneath her. Good. This meant that Dulcetpaw would be able to hear her if she made a noise. Making sure she was well hidden, Cloudrain peered out from behind one of the large ferns. She saw Dulcetpaw had finished counting and she pressed her paw into a patch particularly thick of leaves. The leaves crunched beneath her and she watched to see if Dulcetpaw had managed to hear her in her game of Hide and Seek.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old January 19th, 2017, 05:15 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

My Mood: Queenly

@xxJaggededgexx
Fadedpaw entered the training cave, alone, as her mentor was occupied with other issues. She didn't mind it though. All she cared about was getting some training in. She cast a long glance to the other training pair in the cave, watching their moves with slight jealousy. She sighed and made her way around the edge of the cave, to a spot where she could practice without getting in the way. She had done practices like this several times, like when she hadn't received her mentor yet, or whenever she was busy. Fadedpaw crouched low, a wild and plain image of an enemy imagined in front of her. She lunged out, claws unsheathed. She pretended to tackle the other, and landed on it's back, clawing wildly at what she imagined was the fur on it's back. She tore up the ground, sending loose pebble and dirt flying around. She jumped away before the imaginary cat could swipe at her. She released a defiant hiss and clawed at it's face.
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~
Old January 20th, 2017, 02:34 PM
a tiny bean

My Mood: Amazed

(So sorry I missed this!)

Axixetypaw was on her tail, his ears swishing. He unsheathed his claws, digging into the peaty soil that was occupied in the Cave, his eyes swished back and forth, "Fadedpaw, there you are!"

@Nighty
lotusfang
Old January 20th, 2017, 09:26 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJaggededgexx View Post
(So sorry I missed this!)

Axixetypaw was on her tail, his ears swishing. He unsheathed his claws, digging into the peaty soil that was occupied in the Cave, his eyes swished back and forth, "Fadedpaw, there you are!"

@Nighty
The young black apprentice smiled as she spotted her friend there. She hadn't seen him before when she first entered, thinking that she had beaten him here. He sighed inwardly at her lack of observation. She paced over to Anxietypaw and flashed a kind smile. "Ready you little fur ball? I mean, if you want to fight me that is and you haven't changed your mind." She said teasingly.
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~
Old January 21st, 2017, 06:15 PM
a tiny bean

My Mood: Amazed

Anx rolled his eyes, "Mmhm." He said, mocking her.

@Nighty
lotusfang