Today 11:26 PM

Old March 20th, 2022, 05:11 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

@NinjaBloss @marshall //

➵ beeblaze | he/him

being in a grassy field dotted with stars was not new for beeblaze, a tom who had already died before. if anything, it was something that he had missed, as grim as that sounded. as he padded through the starry field, steps making him feel as light as air, he watched a new face come within eyeshot. a new leader. he observed the first few cats to make their way to the new leader, each giving him a life.

eventually, after starkpelt is finished and has stepped back, he padded over. as he got closer, it was clear that he'd reverted back to a different stage of his life - no longer was he scarred and worn out looking. he looked more youthful than he had when he was alive, just a few sunrises ago. "hello, sparrowskip." he greeted, voice still tinged with roughness that it'd developed over the moons.

"many leaders before you have given up before, which resulted in their clan receiving the damage for it. some would step down, some would let their clans fall, some would..die, because they lost hope. i can only hope that if you do lose it, you won't let your clan suffer because of it. there's always things to look forward to.." beeblaze said, star dotted pelt prickling slightly. he didn't want a cat to end up like he had.

he breathed in. "with this life, i give you the life of hope. always look forward to the future - don't give up, ever. do the best you can." giving a small nod, the tom stepped back and returned to his place amongst the stars and fields.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old March 20th, 2022, 07:03 PM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

Talonkit had been surprised when he felt the tug in his heart to attend the ceremony. He hadn't thought he would be one to give a life, but here he was padding towards Sparrowskip after Beeblaze stepped back. Stars shimmered in his kit fluff as he craned his head to look up at the soon-to-be-leader, emotions swirling in his blue eyes.

When the large kit had died he had been terrified. When he was taken to StarClan that terror had turned into confusion. Why had they brought him? Hadn't he been a mistake? Snakeheart had said so, after all. But apparently that wasn't true, and the medicine cat was simply in immature bully who did not understand the impact of his words.

"Sparrowskip... it is unfortunate to see you here so soon. There will be hard times ahead, and your emotions will be haywire, but you need to learn to control them and remain strong. Do not lash out or spit hateful words. A Snake did that to me when I asked an innocent question, and look where I am now. Perhaps you should have a conversation, otherwise there might be more like me in the future. With this life I give you emotional stability. Use it well to maintain a level head and in control, and to teach others how to do the same lest rash decisions and hateful words lead to the death of more Clanmates."

Talonkit stood on his tiptoes to touch noses with Sparrowskip, although the tom would most certainly have to lean down if he wanted to reach. Once the life was given he made his way back into the ranks of star-pelted cats, casting one last solemn glance back at the deputy before disappearing from view.

@marshall @starry.
Old March 21st, 2022, 04:48 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

|| @marshall @Shade.

Skyleaf sighed to herself as she watched Sparrowskip enter the Starcave, then his dream to receive nine lives. Kestrelstar's death had been so unfortunate, and she wondered how the soon-to-be leader would deal with it. Had Sparrowskip been close to Kestrelstar? From what she observed only somewhat, but the deceased leader had trusted him with the role of deputy even while he had once failed to be medicine cat.

But past mistakes could be erased, followed by a bright future. She was very much aware of that. She watched as the cats before her gave the new leader lives, one by one. Goosefury, with the life of knowing when to relent. That was an important one. Then Dustymoth... adventure. Empathy. Hope. Emotional Stability. They all made sense, on their own and put together. She wondered how Talonkit, a mere kit could be so clever with giving his life, but she gave it no thought. StarClan changed everyone, especially young cats.

Before she was ready, it was her turn. Skyleaf took a deep inhale, her lean white figure looking almost transparent as she took a few steps forward, clear blue eyes settled on Sparrowskip. She already knew which life she was going to give, but standing here it seemed harder to compose the words than she had imagined. "Sparrowskip," the molly breathed, not taking up any time to introduce herself. This was not about her, it was about Sparrowskip.

"The reason you are here today holds much grief, both in you and in your clan. It must have hurt for you to see Kestrelstar pass away so quickly after you were made deputy. But you must stay true to your clan. Do not get lost in your grief, like many leaders before you have. I'm sure you will serve your clan well," she started. "That brings me to the life I shall give you already."

Skyleaf smiled sadly, flicking her fluffy tail as she opened her maw. "The life I give you is truth. Truth to yourself and your clan. There is a deeper meaning of truth you have yet to explore, but I shall not tell it to you yet. I am sure you will find out soon, Sparrowskip. Be a great leader. The one RiverClan has been looking for."

With that, she dipped her head and moved forward to touch noses. "Stay true," she whispered with a small nod. Skyleaf slowly parted, taking her place with the fellow StarClan cats that were giving Sparrowskip lives and waiting patiently for the next cat to step forward, ears pricked.

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; March 24th, 2022 at 09:57 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2022, 09:21 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@marshall @Adderbite
Once again, it was time for Pinepaw to give away a life. The gaunt calico stepped up after Skyleaf and prepared herself. It was odd, how a nobody like her got such an important job numerous times.

The skinny, malnourished cat scanned the new leader with bright yet sorrowful new eyes. A small smile appeared on her maw. This really was a great responsibility for him, wasn't it? Greater than it was for her.

"Sparrowskip, my name is Pinepaw. I was once a ThunderClan apprentice. Life was not too kind for me. But that doesn't mean it has to be like that for everyone. I've seen the feud between your clan and ThunderClan and I cannot say it didn't bring me sadness. Cats are suffering, even if there's no more outright battle. You were chosen to be deputy, perhaps because of strength, perhaps because of loyalty. But you must remember that before you can be a good leader, you have to be a good cat." she said, all in a calm and kind tone, slightly tinted with melancholy. She reached out to give his nose a boop, transferring the mysterious power that gave him one extra life.

"I give you a life of compassion. Open up your heart to the world and share it's kindness with your clan and even those outside it. They might just do the same for you." she said mystically before nodding and backing up next to the others.

Last edited by Shade.; March 23rd, 2022 at 09:21 AM.
Old March 24th, 2022, 07:42 PM
ɪ'ᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ

My Mood: Dark

Stepping forward to replace Pinepaw, was an ebony tom kit, shrouded by starlight. His once green eyes had faded in color, reflecting the stars. It was finally his turn. Eagerly, he'd been sitting at the back of the crowd, desperate for his chance to share his life. StarClan had taken pity on him and had allowed him to join their ranks. They had recognized the pain he'd experienced as a tiny kit. His mother had accepted his death before it had even happened. She never struck him or did anything to harm him physically, but her lack of outward love had filled him with resentment. Thus, he'd attempted to kill his sister.

Yet, she had so readily forgiven him. The day after he attempted to take her life, she'd forgiven him. She'd try to fix their relationship. She had loved him despite how he'd treated her. He didn't deserve any of it. Killing another cat should have been unforgivable. For some reason, both StarClan and his sister thought differently. And, ever since he'd joined StarClan, he'd been showered with love. It was time that he repaid StarClan by living Sparrowskip a chance to become RiverClans' new leader.

"Hello Sparrowskip," Despite his tiny size, he was able to procure a large voice, a gift of being a StarClan cat, "My name is Darkkit and I was a kit in ThunderClan." It was poetic in a sense-- that he was giving the RiverClan cat his eighth life and that it was one of forgiveness. Something that his sister, and StarClan, had given him. Whilst being something that he was never able to do until his death. He never could forgive his mother, or father, for leaving him to fend for himself. Oh, how he wished he could tell his sister that he was sorry for all he'd done... "I am..." The kit sent an uncertain glance at his StarClan peers, before continuing, "I am... not quite sure if I belong here. I tried killing my sister when I was just a kit. She was able to forgive me for what I'd done to her."

"With this life, I give you forgiveness. Use it to forgive those who wronged you. Your Clanmates will make mistakes and sometimes ones that will hurt you. Sometimes they might lash out at you in their fit of rage. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're disloyal. It'll be your job to forgive them, and put what they did aside, for the good of your Clan." He stood on tiptoe so that he could press his nose to Sparrowskip's. Anger and resentment surged from him, from when he lived with his parents no doubt, which slowly faded into peaceful acceptance. "I'm so glad I was able to do this for you, Sparrowskip." His voice dropped to a near whisper. It didn't matter to him that Sparrowskip was a RiverClan cat. Nor that RiverClan and ThunderClan had their differences rather recently. If anything, he felt it gave his life more meaning.

Without another word, the little tom went to stand beside the other StarClan cats.
Old March 24th, 2022, 07:50 PM
Percival Personal Jester

Bump Policy: 24 hours while not on hiatus, bump again after 7 days, don't bump on hiatuses.
My Mood: Adorable

| Wildpath of Starclan |

She was just sitting doing nothing, of all the things cat can do while deceased, this was her choice. Instead of thinking about the endless prey and the good things about this place, her mind was stuck in the past, thinking about her mistakes and flaws. Wildpath was a useless warrior in Riverclan, and a useless queen too, huh, who knew that was possible? She got up as her mind went to her death and her running away from her clan, her kits, her problems, her life. Why was she so mousebrained, why was she such a loner, such a coward? To be honest, she doubted she’d helped that one apprentice she’d met after her demise, probably made things worse, wonder if he’s okay?

Her eyes then drew to a golden tabby with amber eyes, wait, he did look familiar. Oh, one of her past clanmates, and if she could recall from what little she’d seen of modern Riverclan, the new deputy. Or. . .wait, no, he was now the new leader, this was his nine lives ceremony, of course. Sootstar had, well, now she knew he left, Lionstorm died, and now, Kestrelstar had too. What was with Riverclan and this curse, just leaders falling barely short of good, succesful, happy lives? As the lives were being giving, her stomach felt sick, not in a literal sense, metaphorical sense, would this leader have the same flaws of his predecessors and peers? Well, he was getting life after life, and, there was one way to try and truly fix this pattern.

As she looked to Sparrowskip, her gaze laid on him, well, she better speak. ‘ ‘Hello, I am Wildpath, a past warrior of Riverclan.’ ’ Yeah just, introduce yourself, it’s fine, oh Starclan she’s never done this it’s not fine! ‘ ‘I was a more reserved cat, not really being useful to the clan, even when I became a queen to my own litter of kits, I actually messed up quite a few times, eventually running off from my clan when things got hectic.’ ’ As her memories began to resurface, she shook them off, no, it’s fine just keep going. ‘ ‘If you couldn’t tell, I ended up dying because of it, I left my own family and clan, and it lead to my own murder.’ ’ Part of her wondered if anyone would’ve truly missed her, or felt bad for her demise, she had no friends, she messed up patrols, and Wildpath wasn’t even a good mother in the end.

‘ ‘I believe many cats here would hold my sentiment, but while many cats will tell you to learn from what others do, I think we should pay more attention to what others don’t do.’ ’ As she looked around the cats here, a realization hit, she wasn’t the only flawed one here, and it filled her with, oddly enough, a former of closure. ‘ ‘So, I give you the life of staying strong for those who need you. . .don’t do what me and many others did and just run away from your problems, stay strong even through the pain, because the others around you might not be able to stay strong without that strength.’ ’ She touched noses with the deputy, and took a step back. ‘ ‘I know this is kind of, anti-climatic for a last life, so, I guess I’ll leave it to someone else to give you the title.’ ’

| @marshall @Slushie

tal was here... and here.... and also here!

Last edited by WinterMara; March 24th, 2022 at 07:58 PM.
Old March 24th, 2022, 08:28 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

// @marshall

>Goosefury<
Goosefury had watched the rest of the ceremony with a sort of fascinated curiosity. He'd never seen this happen before. Being able to witness it, actually be a part of it—well, it was all really something else. He recognized Dustymoth (when the heck had he died??), and Talonkit, and Wildpath. The others remained unfamiliar to him, their names sparking nothing.

When they finished, he ran through the lives in his mind. All pretty solid, he figured. Wasn't this where Sparrowskip would be given his leader name, or was Goosefury assuming wrong? He still felt like something else was missing... for a moment, he didn't move, just sat there, glancing awkwardly around the group of star-speckled cats.

Then what was missing tugged at him, and it tugged at him hard. Yes, that was it. Kestrelstar had had no constant reminder of what his leadership meant; Goosefury had only had his scars to tell him how to act, and even those hadn't done the trick. He found himself rising to his paws and crossing the length to Sparrowskip once more. When he spoke again, his voice was low and serious, much unlike last time.

"Y'know, I really looked up to Kestrelstar. Thought he would be the one to give RiverClan the bright future we deserved. Then some of the things he did... They would have taken away from that in the long run." He took a deep breath, carefully considering his next words, before he continued.

"Instead of... whatever usually happens with these things. I name you Skystar. I want you to be RiverClan's bright future instead, instead of someone who will let it grow stagnant or run it into the ground. Put your sights to the sky and reach for it. You are far more than your predecessor, and you can do great things with what you've been given. Please don't waste it."

He wavered for a moment, seeming to hesitate, and then dropped his voice so low that it would only be heard by Skystar and Skystar alone."If you get the chance... please tell Rowanmist that I love him."

Then he took a step back, features twisting back into a small smile. "I meant what I said, y'know? 'No pressure'. You'll be all right."

Everything would be all right.
Old March 25th, 2022, 09:03 AM
eternally tired

// @Slushie

Sparrowskip felt his heart skip a beat when Goosefury appeared in front of him. That meant.. oh. That's where the shield has disappeared to, Sparrowskip wondered what could've happened, part of him wanted to ask but.. it probably wouldn't be a welcome response. Sparrowskip smirked at the joke, it was.. interesting considering the circumstances. Sparrowskip listened as Goosefury spoke, and he was certainly right. That was a problem most leaders had, unexpectedly Sparrowskip hit with horrible burn. His head ached and felt an overwhelming sense of something as it felt as if he entire body was being scorched with flames. The pain left almost as fast as it came. And he was left, panting as the next cat came up.
No Pressure...

@tulle

As Sparrowskip looked back up he saw.. Dustymoth? Just how many of RiverClan's good warriors had they lost lately, without anyone even knowing? Sparrowskip would have to.. promote more warriors to shields to stop this from happening or at least do.. something. Sparrowskip instantly felt more at peace from the pain of the last life when Dustymoth approached him. Sparrowskip almost as immediately as the last time felt and overwhelming feeling, this time it was a sense of urgency and curiosity as a sort of warm pain enveloped him. This life seemed to last longer, as if he was going on a journey with those he loved most.
Also, I think I may have left behind some of my shells in the clearing somewhere. You can have them if you want! Or maybe the kits would like them!

@implimm

Sparrowskip watched as the next Starclan cat came up, Starkpelt. Sparrowskip tilted his head slightly as she mused over her ties with RiverClan. Sparrowskip was noticing a trend that getting these lives were making him feel worse abot becoming leader, before he could think about it any longer however Sparrowskip felt the same burn from the first life but instead of being all over, it felt it was eating away at his heart. He flinched as he felt the burn slowly spread from his chest to the rest of his body. Sparrowskip still felt the pain as Starkpelt said her last words.
Live Honestly...

@sid

Sparrowskip listened intently as Beeblaze spoke, Wasn't he.. a former medicine cat? Sparrowskip prepared himself for Beeblaze giving the life and felt instead of the burn, the overwhelming urge to push through, no matter the circumstances. It was so strong that Sparrowskip could barely breathe, and it was the longest lasting life by far. It felt as if it was going to be stuck with him.. forever.
Always look forward to the future - don't give up, ever. do the best you can.

@NinjaBloss

Talonkit.. wasn't that the kit that had died some time ago? Sparrowskip for some reason couldn't recall the memory, only the feeling that this kit had been wronged in a horrible.. horrible way. It came back to him however as Talonkit spoke. Snakeheart..? Sparrowskip felt the overwhelming scorch all over his body again, it hurt most on his head and his chest, he could barely breath again as he tried to get air back into his lungs. It felt he had lost his breath and was unable to get it back.
Do not lash out or spit hateful words...

@starry.

Sparrowskip was still trying to catch his breath back as Skyleaf approached him. Grief... Sparrowskip's grief was strong after all the people he had lost. He tried not to think about it but lately.. it had been coming to his mind more and more. Sparrowskip wasn't quite sure if he'd ever find out what this truth Skyleaf was talking about but, the pain from this life was the lowest of all the lives. It was.. a good feeling. One that gave him peace and warmth.
Stay true...

@Shade.

As Pinepaw walked up, the feeling of the last life melted away as Pinepaw spoke. Pinepaw was right, just because he was deputy didn't mean he would be a good leader. Sparrowskip thought back to Sootstar, and sincerely hoped he wouldn't take the leader's path. This life was warm like the last one. It was filled with the urge to help his clan and stay strong with them through thick and thin. It lasted the shortest yet felt the longest. It was a feeling Sparrowskip was new to...
Open up your heart to the world and share it's kindness with your clan and even those outside it. They might just do the same for you.

@Adderbite

This ThunderClan kit was right, it was strange he was here in StarClan. Sparrowskip could only muse that it was his sister's forgiveness towards him that had StarClan let him into their star-filled clearing. The life of forgiveness burned Sparrowskip, he felt a feeling of unsureness yet certainty in his decision. It felt as if even through the uncertainty things.. would work out...
I am... not quite sure if I belong here. I tried killing my sister when I was just a kit. She was able to forgive me for what I'd done to her...

@WinterMara

Wildpath.. did that name ring a bell? Sparrowskip had so much on his mind lately he wasn't sure if it did, but he lent his ear to the queen as she spoke. Sparrowskip would feel bad for the molly but.. she ran away from her clan and responsibilities. How could he feel bad for someone like that? Sparrowskip slowly started to feel the burn again. The life of staying strong for those who need you... This life burned the absolute most. It took a moment for it to fully ramp out but once it had reached his peak it felt as if Sparrowskip was in a lake of flames. All around him, no where to go.
Because the others around you might not be able to stay strong without that strength.

@/slushie

Sparrowskip was still feeling the pain as Goosefury walked back up. At this point, tears were streaming down Sparrowskip's face from the pain. Sparrowskip looked up to the shield as he gave Sparrowskip his new name.. Skystar
Sparrowskip felt like his whole body was about to kill him from the pain, he heard Goosefury's last words about Rowanmist however, and he'd make an effort to tell him about Goosefury's confession. And seemingly as quickly as the lives, pain and StarClan cats came they were all gone. Skystar was sitting on the floor of the Starcave, filled with pain.. and alone.
I meant what I said, y'know? 'No pressure'. You'll be all right.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old March 29th, 2022, 08:56 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

It was evident with just a glance that Snakeheart wasnt taking care of himself. His fur normally kept spick and span with a rigorous grooming routine was ragged and ruffled unkempt and pushed up at one side from hours spent listless in his nest. He wasnt sleeping though, deep dark bags under his eyes showing how restless his sleep had been. His brother was dead, how could one sleep well with such knowledge. If Snakeheart was a proper medicine cat he'd probably have slept constantly over the last week, just to see his brother in his dreams, but Snakeheart was no religious or blessed cat. In a way his current state displayed that as no truely dutiful medicine cat would let themselves get this way before a meeting with the stars. Medicine cat meetings were supposed to be blessed times, but with the clear dried and brittle tear tracks marring Snakehearts face he obviously didnt care.

Even his pace was listless in a way as the tom lead Reedpaw to the cave, only the strength provided from his goal driving him forward. Tonight Reedpaw was to show her merit, she was to talk to starclan. Usually the medicine cats would wait outside and go in together but Snakeheart did no such thing and gave no introductions leading Reedpaw into the entrance of the cave before finally finally speaking to her with one simple instruction. "Kestrelstar should be in starclan and as a medicine cat you should be able to talk to him. I chose you because of a sign of starclan. Your task tonight is simple, talk to my brother. Tell him.... Tell him I need to know why he jumped, why he left us. I dont care how you do it just..... I dont know just be a medicine cat. Ill be waiting outside." And as ragged and heart broken as he had come the tom turned attention from his apprentice head bowed in front of the cave, completely forgetting the other medicine cats were bound to come tonight too as he stared silently into the starry sky, eyes welling with tears he did not shed.

@Nixey @Naiad @Shade. @x ghostie
Old March 31st, 2022, 01:02 AM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

@Nixey @Naiad @Shade. @Rani // so sorry snakeheart //
The Starcave. Cowpaw had heard stories from his family members, the details always varied but it was consistent that this was where the medicine cats gathered to talk to their ancestors. He could not deny there was excitement but overwhelming fear of whether or not this was where he would be denied or validated. (Then, uhm, again, Cricketpaw hadn't... said there had been a mistake, so? Maybe?) Nonetheless, the oversized tom bounced down the trail beside Twilightstar. Cowpaw giggled quietly to himself, oh! Despite his worries, this was so ...!! So!!! Rumblethunder!!! Eee!! Yes!! This would be just wonderful, just wonderful!

As the Starcave (or what he believed to be) came into view, Cowpaw said his goodbyes to Twilightstar with a dip of his head. Turning away from her, he began to approach the mystical cave. His eyes sparkled with awe, coming to a full stop to simply admire it. "Oh golly... truly the epitome of beauty.." He mewed to himself, a shiver being sent down his spine. Amazing. The medicine cat notices a uhm, oh, well! What he was going to assume was a fellow medicine cat!?

Cowpaw was surprised he wasn't the first one here but was awfully grateful for it. He approached them, skipping to stand in front of them with burning curiosity. Small issue, he was very much clueless on who he was talking to! It was one of the older ones and.. oh stars, they looked like they hadn't gotten a lick of good sleep in ages. Cowpaw did notice that there was no smaller medicine cats with them so, does this mean it wasn't Snakeheart or Sundust? Oh! Oh! How could he be so foolish?

Oh.

His ears lowered in worry, was,, was this ... Shad...Shadowclan's... medi..medicine cat... ? There was an awkward silence. twilightstar, please come back!! Well, it did explain why they weren't at the Gathering! They looked just awful, oh shucks. (Were they sick?) Not wishing to be rude, he began to make shaky gestures. He waved a paw and then slid both of his paws against each other, finally having them be against each other pointing towards the cat. It did not last long because Cowpaw almost lost his balance completely. "Hello...! I'm.. Cowpaw..! I am .. Windclan's medicine cat... pleasure to .. meet you..!" He gestured, doing his best to keep it simple. He offered a small, shy, smile to them. Then, the tom took a seat while he waited for the others to gather.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; March 31st, 2022 at 01:04 AM.