Old April 27th, 2020, 11:14 AM
rararara

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post
[ Patrols have until May 7th to give me an update or end
or I will assume they are unsuccessful and they will conclude.
Continuous failures will result in your character being punished.
Report posts should be redirected to THIS THREAD. ]

RiverClan Announcement [#liontalks]

Lionstar's voice was finally coming back after his earlier yelling, and now that he had an idea of who was severely injured and who wasn't.. he figured this might be a good time to send out patrols.

Get his mind off things.

So he jumped into it, without hesitation-- mostly doing this to keep himself distracted before he had to face the reality of What Happened.

"RiverClan, listen up! It's time to do patrols.." he squinted his eyes. "If you have injuries that impede your ability to complete these, speak when I call your name and we can talk." For anyone lying about it, he'd sniff them out immediately.

[ OPTIONAL PROMPT: the area reeks of fox! ]
"Brightwhisker [ @Spiderfrost], I trust you're not too banged up? You'll be taking Lampreypaw [ @Salt] and Owlflight [ @Wings] to Saltmeadow Marsh. Make sure those frog-suckers haven't crossed the boundary! We may have won the raid, but I know they will never respect the border like the savages they are.

[ OPTIONAL PROMPT: you see dog tracks in the mud - is it fresh? ]
"Lightstreak [ @FuzzyRatto], take Asterpaw [ @CheetahPelt] and Quailsnap [ @RedHead] and patrol Sedgewater Valley. WindClan has been pretty quiet, recently, but we did run into a dog around there not too long ago. Keep an eye out.

[ OPTIONAL PROMPT: you catch sight of a badger ]
"Salmonsong [ @Zesty Mango], if you're done almost killing your apprentice, take Duckpaw [ @.Bread.] and Grizzlybug [ @Beau] to Smallpines. Try to not fall in the river, and let me know if you see.. or hear anything about the cats we sent over there before we attacked." He didn't think anything would've happened, but.. it didn't hurt to check if possible.

[ OPTIONAL PROMPT: you notice a large fish in the pond, and try to catch it ]
"Lightfeather [ @Flowstream], since Jerkboob has been greviously wounded in battle it's up to you to resume Softpaw's training alone. Take Softpaw [ @kittygirl] and head to Cattail Pond for hunting. You can teach her how to fish, too.

[ OPTIONAL PROMPT: you discover the mutilated remains of a bird ]
"Koistream [ @S-oft], take Fogpaw [ @Sparkling Bliss] and head over to Sleepy Thicket. We haven't hunted there in a bit and I believe one of our last patrols found a bunch of kits, so keep your eye out!"

[ OPTIONAL PROMPT: there's a fishy flesh-lump in the sand (a jellyfish, but cats don't know that term) ]
"Creekleap [ @SparrowSoar], since you keep demanding to go on patrol take Snowpaw [ @Mumble] and go hunting at Lionsbeach. See if you can find some crabs, we can look into cracking them open!

[ OPTIONAL PROMPT: you find a bird nest with eggs! ]
"Leopardblaze [ @Leopardblaze], I know you recently returned to RiverClan but you've already proven yourself to be an adept warrior and a loyal Clan-mate! Because of this, I am assigning Lotuspaw [ @Shadeleaf] to be your apprentice, and you will be taking her to Lionsrange for hunting practice. It's SkyClan's old territory, if you are not aware-- and I trust you can find your way there!"

He gave everyone a moment to gather their patrols up, before he continued. "As a reminder, I want these patrols to be completed. Don't let anyone hold you back from finishing them and coming back to camp. Report to me when you're done. You're all dismissed."

Snowpaw nodded, eagerly looking at creekleap.

base credits go to Chuwigirls on DA!

--> | Goldenpaw [tc] | <--
-->TH profile<--
Old April 27th, 2020, 11:19 AM
yoink

My Mood: Yeehaw

| @TeamRiverRipple |

Frostkit heard the other kit's soft voice and stopped in his tracks. He was going in the complete opposite direction of where Smokekit said his pebble was. He paused for a moment, briefly debating if he really should go and retrieve it, before an idea struck.

He immediately regained his energy and bounded back towards the nursery, in the direction he was told. Sure enough, there was his pebble, rolled to a stop in a place Frostkit wouldn't have ever thought to look. He picked it up in his teeth and dropped it somewhere safe for later. Right now, he was on a mission to redeem himself.

Glancing back, he saw Smokekit had returned to her usual thoughtful position. Frostkit then turned his gaze to the clearing, specifically the fresh-kill pile. Usually one of the queens or apprentices would bring over prey to the nursery, but Frostkit was 3 moons old! He would surely be able to drag the juciest mouse over to Smokekit as a peace offering, and look like a strong and responsible warrior doing it!

So that's exactly what he did, dropping the animal behind Smokekit as he approached her again.

Pic of Frostkit + avatar by me!^^
Old April 27th, 2020, 11:23 AM
Smile, she said.

My Mood: Stressed

@Slushie

"I beg your pardon?" Doefeather gasped with mock offense. "I am not a doofus!" She let Hailfire push her away, with a few grunts of protest. "And I still don't see why I shouldn't grab you by the scruff and drag you to the medicine den."

She prodded Hailfire again. "Also, don't think anyone can be bigger than Icestar. She's, like, the size of a badger!"
Old April 27th, 2020, 11:46 AM
Smile, she said.

@nxpkin

Smokekit turned to face Frostkit, jaws watering at the smell of the enticing mouse. Shaking the hunger away, she turned back into her usual position. "Save the mouse for someone who really needs it." She replied softly. "You'll look even more of a warrior then." A slender she-cat passed over her, dashing to a tom on the other side of the clearing. Smokekit watched, jaws clamped shut.

Again.

She tried to limit herself, but there were always few cats who could bring her out. Sometimes. But, there Frostkit was, whom had said fewer words than her. Seemed companionable. Quintessential. She quite liked him. Smokekit could almost read him, study his behaviors. Not like she didn't do that with everyone else, of course.
Old April 27th, 2020, 12:14 PM
yoink

| @TeamRiverRipple |

"But..." Frostkit began, almost dejected. He was sure his plan would work. He studied Smokekit's face once more and he was almost certain she was hungry. He couldn't help feeling his own stomach growl as he carried it over, the scent filling his nostrils. So why wasn't she accepting it?

"Maybe she just doesn't want to eat in front of others? Some cats are shy about that, right?" Frostkit thought to himself. That had to be it, no cat in their right mind would turn down a mouse that good!

"It's for you." He finally said. "To make up for me running into you. And thanks, for helping me find my pebble. Even though I ran into you..." Frostkit said before giving her space and walking back to retrieve his pebble.

Old April 27th, 2020, 12:27 PM
Smile, she said.

@nxpkin

Smokekit didn't glance back, her facial expression blank. She didn't want Frostkit to be hurt, but what could she do? "Wait. Frostkit." Don't say too much.. All she had to do was say sorry.

"If you go through life always apologizing, you'll never take anything for yourself. Stop saying sorry. Take the mouse, eat it, and be victorious. I'm fine, and so are you."

Well, that sounded a bit.. harsh.
Old April 27th, 2020, 12:39 PM
yoink

| @TeamRiverRipple |

Frostkit stopped and turned around. He glanced down to the side, tossing the idea over in his head. He would feel selfish if he just took the mouse back after all of that and ate it by himself. Though he certainly wouldn't mind a few bites...

"Maybe..." Frostkit started to say, padding back over to Smokekit. "We could share it?" He sat down across from the other kit, the mouse in between them. "As a compromise! If you want."

Old April 27th, 2020, 12:51 PM
here

Bump Policy: every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Sootflare

Sootflare made his way to the center of the clearing, glancing up at the sun which had peaked up over the horizon not too long ago. He cleared his throat and raised his voice to ensure that everyone could hear him well enough.

"Alright, RiverClan! Today we'll be holding swimming lessons for all the kits and younger apprentices who haven't had the chance for such training yet. We will be conducting the training at Cattail Pond and I need volunteers among the warriors and older apprentices to tag along to help ensure this goes smoothly and safely!"

"All cats - kits especially - who participate need to find a buddy for the trip there and back. Warriors should keep a keen eye open while we're out in the territory - screwing around or being neglectful in regards to the safety of our kits or apprentices will not be tolerated. I can assure you a stern talking-to is not all you will receive. I will not have safety be compromised because of someone's incompetence!"

"Everyone participating needs to gather around me! Mossypaw [ @Shimm ] I want you with me on this."

Kits

Sunkit [ @Shimm ], Silverkt [ @Silvershadow9 ], Peachkit, Turtlekit [ @Socks ], Largekit [ @WarriorsAndHorses ], Lilykit [@Littlemoon ], Maplekit, Fernkit [ @Flowstream ], Almondkit [ @Chasepaw ], Dogkit [ @Lynxpaw ], Dawnkit [ @Dawneye ], Duskkit [ @wolfnight ], Smokekit [ @TeamRiverRipple ], Curlkit [ @Slushie ], Ashkit [ @Wolfie ], Blazingkit [ @Katwhisperer ], Fernkit [ @Ombre Party ], Berrykit [ @Alexentri ], Blizzardkit [ @Zesty Mango ], Waterkit [ @Elementals ], Hivekit [ @Vessel ], Leafkit [ @Leafkt12 ], Frostkit [ @nxpkin ], Icekit [ @hollyleaf2027 ]

Apprentices

Sootpaw [ @SilentLamb ] ], Pebblepaw, Sleetpaw [ @Dust ], Flowerpaw, Ripplepaw [ @RedHead ], Darkpaw, Nightpaw [ @Sneakyfox55 ], Goosepaw [ @Slushie ], Dawnpaw [ @TawnyNeedsACoffee ], Mosspaw [ @senpai. ], Asterpaw [ @CheetahPelt ], Fogpaw [ @Sparkling Bliss ], Featherpaw [ @Daylily Orchid ], Greenpaw [ @Greenleap ], Stonepaw [ @The Shadow Flower ], Willowpaw [ @Willowpaw ], Koipaw [ @Fallenpine ], Mossypaw [ @Shimm ], Finchpaw [ @Cecily Herondale ], Sparrowpaw [ @:Grimm: ], Ivypaw [ @FuzzyRatto ], Foxpaw [ @Mentallyunstable ], Honeypaw, Harepaw [ @Bluepetal ], Petuniapaw [ @Fuzzy ], Ravenpaw [ @TeamRiverRipple ], Loonpaw [ @Loon ], Warblerpaw [ @vermin ], Gingerpaw [ @Estelle ], Lampreypaw [ @Salt ], Softpaw [ @kittygirl ], Tinypaw [ @S-oft ], Lightpaw [ @Queenie ], Crabpaw [ @Fae ], Weaselpaw [ @hxneysuckle ], Frozenpaw [ @Dipper ], Berrypaw [ @Puddletail ], Duckpaw [ @Duckpaw ], Onepaw [ @Snowstripe ], Lotuspaw [ @Shadeleaf ], Badgerpaw, [ Snowpaw @Mumble ], Eveningpaw [ @Zesty Mango ]

Last edited by duckie; May 10th, 2020 at 12:52 PM.
Old April 27th, 2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack View Post
Sootflare made his way to the center of the clearing, glancing up at the sun which had peaked up over the horizon not too long ago. He cleared his throat and raised his voice to ensure that everyone could hear him well enough.

"Alright, RiverClan! Today we'll be holding swimming lessons for all the kits and younger apprentices who haven't had the chance for such training yet. We will be conducting the training at Cattail Pond and I need volunteers among the warriors and older apprentices to tag along to help ensure this goes smoothly and safely!"

"All cats - kits especially - who participate need to find a buddy for the trip there and back. Warriors should keep a keen eye open while we're out in the territory - screwing around or being neglectful in regards to the safety of our kits or apprentices will not be tolerated. I can assure you a stern talking-to is not all you will receive. I will not have safety be compromised because of someone's incompetence!"

"Everyone participating needs to gather around me! Mossypaw [ @Shimm ] I want you with me on this."

StonePaw would run up.
Old April 27th, 2020, 12:54 PM

Silverkit bounded up to the warrior, excited to have her swimming lessons with the apprentices.